Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2023 2:13 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
They really adapted a lot in the episode, there's not much left I think episode 3 will complete the counter arrow arc. If I'm honest, I think it's a good thing, the arc isn't very important to the main story and it's not really that exciting, so I don't think it's a bad thing that it's being rushed a bit.
Jul 16, 2023 2:13 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow after watching this, i want to have more isekai anime like this. It is just so good and normal conversations. Not the cringe average copy paste isekai.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 16, 2023 2:15 PM
Jun 2023
Very good episode, finally Rudeus is slowly maturing and changing for the better which is a LONG time coming! And he's even becoming a giga Chad. Heracles and Hulk are looking real good now!
Jul 16, 2023 2:20 PM
Jan 2019
_Rudeuss said:
Why they didn't animate the fight scene where rudeus fights the tree in order to save sara?.

I've bought and read all of the so far released English translated manga on Google Play Books (16 volumes), and I've been checking around volumes 10 and 11 where Eris leave Rudeus and Rudeus is with Counter Arrow - but I cant find any of these pages that I dont recognise. Where is the Manga do they appear? (I've all read all of the so far released English Roxy is Serious, and its obviously not there either)
Jul 16, 2023 2:21 PM
Jun 2015
Ah yes. The Pedo saves another girl and soon hes gonna fuck her.
Jul 16, 2023 2:36 PM
Nov 2019
What a trash. I love the manga but they don't even try to show any storyline or character development in anime (I know anime is adapted from LN but still). I don't understand how the art and animations can be that bad. We all know when a popular anime airing the score will be overrated but it's really nonsense.
Jul 16, 2023 2:50 PM
Jan 2023
Zeoraimer said:
_Rudeuss said:
Why they didn't animate the fight scene where rudeus fights the tree in order to save sara?.

I've bought and read all of the so far released English translated manga on Google Play Books (16 volumes), and I've been checking around volumes 10 and 11 where Eris leave Rudeus and Rudeus is with Counter Arrow - but I cant find any of these pages that I dont recognise. Where is the Manga do they appear? (I've all read all of the so far released English Roxy is Serious, and its obviously not there either)

U can search Mushoku Tensei - depressed magician there are 13 chapters overall. This is like a side story of him before he enrolls in the Magic school university and u can continue reading the main story at chapter.052 after eris leave him. I recommend u read LN volume 7 for more detail in that way u can enjoy this masterpiece.

Jul 16, 2023 2:54 PM
Mar 2023
IM SO SAD MIMIR IS DEAD :(((
MALoween 2023:

Bonus Candy:
Jul 16, 2023 3:16 PM

Dec 2016
Man... a lot of stuff got skipped, rushed, or unexplained. Now I know how it feels to be a LN reader.
But I don't blame them for doing it because of the other vols being way longer.
Jul 16, 2023 3:18 PM
Jan 2019
_Rudeuss said:
Zeoraimer said:

U can search Mushoku Tensei - depressed magician there are 13 chapters overall. This is like a side story of him before he enrolls in the Magic school university and u can continue reading the main story at chapter.052 after eris leave him. I recommend u read LN volume 7 for more detail in that way u can enjoy this masterpiece. 
Ah, I see! It was a separate thing. Wish they included this in the manga - looks like it would have slotted straight in!

Thanks for the info!
Jul 16, 2023 3:19 PM
Sep 2020
rudeus is starting to get over, i'm realy excited about this season
Jul 16, 2023 3:24 PM

Aug 2011
GOD DAMN TREE TENTACLES HENTAI CAN'T BELIEVE SARA TRIED TO GRAB REDUEUS HAND SO JAPANESE fuku no suso o hipparu LOL
Jul 16, 2023 3:29 PM

Jul 2022
bro u can't convince me that was 20 mins IT LITERALLY FELT LIKE 5 MINS MAN WTF
anyway i hope rudeus stops acting like a pussy in the next episode
Jul 16, 2023 3:52 PM
Jul 2017
RoTkRylas said:
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
I totally agree, they removed the fight and the interaction with that little girl
Everything was moving so fast, I was hoping that they would at least fellow the manga 😥
I think they are trying to reach the 12 vol by the end of this season, but unfortunately it will reflect badly on the story
Jul 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
Isn't Sara Rudeus' sister?
Why does he act like she's a stranger?
Jul 16, 2023 3:54 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This was cute! Sara has opened up and Rudy is slowly getting over his depression. I like it. 
Although I am keen for him to start attending the magic school and see Slyphie (hopefully)
Jul 16, 2023 3:55 PM
Jul 2017
BloodPact said:
I don't know if you are joking, but I think you are talking about Norn "well they are both blonde but sara is older than rudeus"
Jul 16, 2023 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
titan-19 said:
BloodPact said:
I don't know if you are joking, but I think you are talking about Norn "well they are both blonde but sara is older than rudeus"
Oh right.
Thanks.
Jul 16, 2023 4:05 PM
Jan 2022
Couldve been better
Jul 16, 2023 4:08 PM
Oct 2016
What is it that Rudy is even doing out here. Its a big question to ask himself after months of staying in this town trying to build his name. Thinking that's the way that he can save Zenith is if he builds up notoriety Rudy can find her or vice versa. Currently still working with Counter Arrow from time to time since jumping from one guild to another would reset the whole build notoriety thing. They seem like good people too, going to collect some fallen scales turned into a near confrontation with that other guild. The leader of that guild Soldat sucker punching Timothy over a misunderstanding. I would've understood if Counter Arrow fought back but Timothy has a cooler head than most. Soldat drunkenly confronting Rudy at the guild later was totally uncalled for, he wasn't wrong in his words but it still isn't right to jump all over someone like that. Rudy is just kinda in a daze drifting through life, he's not even sure what would make him happy. Not sure what he's supposed to do, faced with abandonment in all sides of his life but now faced with the choice to abandon Sara or not. Rudy is so badass he can just stop a blizzard and keep on walking. Mimir not making it is sad but at least Rudy could save Sara from that tree. Them two very sweetly bonding while taking shelter and maybe Sara seeing Rudy in a new light.
Jul 16, 2023 4:13 PM
May 2015
A great progress for Rudeus. The OP is a beautiful song.
Jul 16, 2023 4:28 PM
Mar 2023
Rudeus' relationship with Sarah is developing quite rapidly.
Jul 16, 2023 4:37 PM

Feb 2019
Ok I defended it last week but something does definitely look off with this season. Like a combination of the art and animation. It’s not as smooth and fluid as season 1 was. Some very stiff faces and movements compared to that. Onimai tax being felt sadly

Still a very good episode thematically and narratively. Enjoyed seeing Sara’s tsundere exterior melt away, fittingly in a frozen forest.

Can’t wait for next episode; should be amazing
Jul 16, 2023 4:37 PM

Apr 2018
Oh damn, the episode took a dark turn near the end with Mirmir's death. Gladly, Rudeus was able to save Sara who also saved him as a person somewhat.
Gotta say that they're deeply focused on Rudeus' feelings at the moment. Some people still see the real him behide that smile.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2023 4:55 PM
Apr 2023
nice episode
could be better
should have a little bit more of action and blood
Rudeus need to stop being a little pussy bitch
Jul 16, 2023 4:59 PM
Dec 2008
I know what author wants to show, but for me... it was all disconnected.
Maybe is only how anime is made, but it was all weird and done by force.
And that MC still have problems from previous world, when he live so long in this one, how much therapy you need to change? And that inner dialog is his old voice is even worst, after all what was in season one, he would change, if this wasn't book/anime and author want keep problems even when this is not realistic.
Jul 16, 2023 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know why some on anime twitter are let down by this episode. From the start, they have made this mroe streamline as the LN is very detail centric.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 16, 2023 5:13 PM

Oct 2021
Something feels off about this episode. 3/5
Jul 16, 2023 5:17 PM
Oct 2022
Naming muscles? When did Rudeus become a fitness nut?
Jul 16, 2023 5:21 PM

Sep 2007
Although even though I could feel it was rushed (being "technically" an anime-only watcher--- I say technically because I kind of spoiled myself by reading a teensy bit ahead back when season 1 aired)

In the grand scheme of things I thought this "arc" wasn't THAT important other than establishing the time he needed to overcome the depression. The better stuff happens after we get through this 'mini-arc' so I'm in agreeance to try to get through this as fast as possibly without resorting to an awkward time skip I mean. 

So I'm personally fine with how they "rushed" it.

Side comment: Those were the most awkward names [for his body parts] imo but oooook....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 16, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2013
The animation tanked down a landslide... what the hell happened?

The pacing and level of suspense also took a noticeable departure from season 1... what the hell are the doing to this masterpiece?!
Jul 16, 2023 5:35 PM
Apr 2023
rudees love love lvoe love love
Jul 16, 2023 5:53 PM
Nov 2019
Buff Rudy looks really weird, like someone photoshoped his head on to a different character.
Jul 16, 2023 5:59 PM

Jan 2021
RUDEUS X SARA BROS

Jul 16, 2023 6:12 PM

Apr 2022
i'm not even a big mushoku fan but i don't see anything wrong with the animation, the fights even have impact frames, it's as good as ever.
some progress with sara is good, although i thought more was gonna happen in the cave lmao well, he already copped a feel earlier. i'm guessing it'll go nowhere with sara though.
that dude at the pub really saw right through rudy despite being drunk. 
Jul 16, 2023 6:13 PM

Oct 2021
Well, that was one heck of an episode. From that drunken Soldat slandering and harassing Rudeus at the bar to Sara being caught by that scary tree in the forest to the cave. 😄 I mean, where is this arc going? 😅 Lovingthe dynamic between Sara and Rudeus, but I know she's not endgame since we saw Sylphie return in episode 0. But, for now, it seems that Rudeus and Sara are getting closer thanks to Rudeus saving Sara in the forest.

I also like it when Rudeus said, "Eris turned her back on me. So, I decided not to turn my back on Counter Arrow [specially, Sara])." 
marquinti2Jul 16, 2023 6:31 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 16, 2023 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
They really should've ended the episode with Rudy throwing the panties in the fire.
Jul 16, 2023 6:22 PM

Oct 2021
Ryuu71 said:
Rudeus and Counter Arrow are meet the party with one leader that really is no thinking but punch first.
After that lily and mimir are maybe dead,rudeus is searching for them in this snowstorm.
He rescued sara and found mimir remains.
Awesome episode but they left a few dialogue from the LN.
Who's Lily? I thought it was Sara and Mimir whom Counter Arrow thought that were dead.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 16, 2023 6:33 PM
Jan 2019
Seeing the difference between Manga and Anime (I know It’s not adaptated from the Manga Source) but the difference of the quality is crazy. It’s rare seeing Manga did even better than the anime in Mushuko Tensei since I have seen multiple criticism in the manga where they cut a lot of source material in the Light Novel. I am also sure that Rudeus is simply holding back during fighting the Snow Drake. Seeing how easily he manipulated the weather is crazy. As others said, this episode just feels lacking.
Jul 16, 2023 6:47 PM
Nov 2019
tokoh utama mulai kembali lagi ke jalan hidupnya
My Candies :
Jul 16, 2023 6:59 PM

Aug 2018
Honestly, Im liking this more than the first season
Jul 16, 2023 7:06 PM

Aug 2018
Oh looks like people are experiencing the fact that LN adaptations will most always end up cutting not only nuances, but chunks of material along the way. As an anime only though I am enjoying the adaptation.
Jul 16, 2023 7:33 PM
May 2023
I like the show, but always feel a little bit nauseous while watching, like everything and everyone is just waiting to die or betray everyone else.
Jul 16, 2023 8:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So I thought this was a nice episode as an anime only, but I heard before I watched the episode that people were upset with it and I figured it had to do with pacing, and it seems like that’s what it was from some posts I’m seeing, it is a shame but it was still an enjoyable episode. Rudeus has still not fully left depresso mode but he’s slowly getting there with his new party, of course that was until that drunk green coat wearing clairvoyant pretty much guessed Rudeus’ entire story just by looking at him lol, I thought that was a bit silly but not a bad moment either.

And damn, rip Mimir, we barely knew him, but thankfully Sara was rescued after Rudeus pretty much slapped Mother Nature in the face lol, I really would have hated if Sara died this early too, but it is a good reminder that the plot armor on the side characters is thin lol. And I really liked that moment between Sara and Rudeus in the cave, some nice fanservice there too which I’m ngl I missed from this series. And the OP and ED were very nice, I can’t remember which played last week so I’ll commend them both lol.
Jul 16, 2023 8:31 PM
Mar 2015
Another day another set of panties Our boi is back on track
Jul 16, 2023 8:32 PM

Nov 2020
animation was crispy
Jul 16, 2023 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Rudeus got ripped by half repping push ups?

gotta say the animation is good but somehow i think it looks inferior to previous seasons
Jul 16, 2023 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode, with this pacing, I'm loving it
This slow but growing growth of Rudeus from his slump is getting brighter and with more hope. I'd like the adaptation to stay that way as it gives more things to look forward to.

I ship Sara and Rudeus together while watching this episode, but somehow, it looks like they are not meant together or the story won't let them together. When they were both in the cave, as Rudeus went out, Sara tried to grab him but she wasn't able to. I'd really like to read that part from the LN... (who's willing?).

I can't wait for the next episode!

P.S. At the very least, even in hostility, Sol, the other party's leader, is worried about Rudeus, probably as an adult.

P.S.#2 Okay, after reading the comments of the others... well... a bit disappointed, really. I won't go any further.
CrazyButNot4UJul 16, 2023 8:47 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 16, 2023 9:28 PM
May 2020
rest in peace to mimir

Mod Edit: Removed slur
KayKimiiJul 17, 2023 7:35 AM
Jul 16, 2023 10:02 PM
Mar 2023
He is in the Rudeus depression arc, it was to be expected that he would get sucked to clear his head, well there. I want to be happy because Rudeus was able to save Sara and she already seems to have a crush on him, but the "is there something wrong with your leg?" It left me with a bad feeling that something is going to happen to her, I hope I'm wrong and that she hasn't been poisoned or infected in some way, if someone wants to give me the spoiler of what's going on, I would appreciate it, so as not to be tense XD
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad Animation ( 1 2 )

OroficB06 - Jun 10

53 by xSIN_OF_GREEDx »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.