Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2021
What the fuck that was an amazing episode! Man I can feel the love from everyone involved in this project. I don't have anxiety but I tend to overthink a lot of things so I kinda get how Bocchi feels when she can't speak very well, when she hesitates to call out to someone, when she can't refuse a request from anyone and many more. The part where Bocchi does try to join a conversation or call out to someone and they respond nicely makes me happy. Even the girl from another class knows her name. A progress for Bocchi, one step closer to the normies life!

It's very motivational watching these girls try doing their best to improve in anything they do. It seems mundane and unimportant, but it's these little things that could push you one step closer to whatever you're trying to achieve. Something I didn't realize in my school days. I'm going to do my best too! That being said, top notch expressions!

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 23, 2022 8:56 AM
Aug 2021
bocchi the rock is very good
Oct 23, 2022 9:03 AM
Oct 2020
Is is worth it, just watch it
Oct 23, 2022 9:19 AM
Jan 2020
Better than Chainsaw Man
Oct 23, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2022
it was fricking funny
Oct 23, 2022 10:48 AM

Dec 2021
great episode bringing the band together!
World's most average rom-com fan
Oct 23, 2022 11:36 AM

Jul 2022
yes yuri, very nice.
Oct 23, 2022 12:08 PM
Aug 2021
this series is amazing. introvert guitar girl and her nice friends. flow and pacing are amazing. visual is stunning. the music is also great, op is catchy af.
Oct 23, 2022 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
I had an Ibanez SR506 six-string bass. I sold it when I was in a period of transition and I've regretted that for a long time... They're easy enough to find and relatively affordable, but.

I don't like how everyone (not just this anime) treats introversion as something to be "cured". Her debilitating social anxiety is something else.

Oct 23, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
Here comes the new girl or should I say the one who ran away lol. I like her very much I think she might be my favorite
Oct 23, 2022 3:31 PM
Jun 2022
amkaksmUniteUp! UniteUp! UniteUp! UniteUp! UniteUp!
Oct 23, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
“The F chord is too hard!”

Pog they know the guitarist struggles
Oct 23, 2022 5:16 PM

Apr 2008
Gween_Gween said:
Bio said:
Probably the only person this stood out to, but that little "lunchtime!" narration voice was 100% the ancestor in Machikado Mazoku. It's like all the cutest shows are converging.

Not just the cutest shows, this anime is mixing the coolest ones too
FLCL

Haha, knowing FLCL they probably grabbed it from somewhere else first.
Oct 23, 2022 5:21 PM

Jan 2016
yngvarr said:
I had an Ibanez SR506 six-string bass. I sold it when I was in a period of transition and I've regretted that for a long time... They're easy enough to find and relatively affordable, but.

I don't like how everyone (not just this anime) treats introversion as something to be "cured". Her debilitating social anxiety is something else.

I’ve never been a fan of playing 6 string basses personally, I guess I’m just basic and prefer 4 string

Also the only one who wants to “cure” the protagonist’s introversion is the protagonist herself, the other characters don’t have any strong feelings about it and accept her for who she is with limited understanding. As an “archetypal introvert” with social anxiety myself as Bocchi puts it, I find her character to be exaggerated realism. When it impacts your life in a way where you can’t accomplish things that everyone else seems to do with no effort, you’ll end up having some bitterness towards your introverted tendencies as something holding you down, something to “cure.” Nowadays I’m more self accepting but it still rears its ugly head at work sometimes 🥲 It’s mainly her anxiety she wants to cure anyways, as an introvert she mainly wants somewhere to fit in
YuniOct 23, 2022 6:04 PM
Oct 23, 2022 7:09 PM
Dec 2020
another great episode, I especially love the irl elements added to this anime for even better watching experience
Oct 24, 2022 2:36 AM
Aug 2022
I really love the comedy and finally we have 4 members in this band! I want to see them performing together :D
Oct 24, 2022 2:43 AM

Sep 2020
holy cow the sakuga in this show is so adorable. the character animation is some of the best I've seen
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Oct 24, 2022 2:52 AM

Jul 2021
I WANT MORE FROM THIS SERIES IT FELT LIKE 5 MINUTES
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 24, 2022 5:19 AM

Oct 2007
favorite episode so far. Bocchi turn to jello when praised. I was laughing so hard. :D

Kita-chan is hardworking, and cute in meido costume. She's a nice addition to the group.

looking forward to next week! :)
Oct 24, 2022 6:14 AM

Apr 2017
The way she always called herself bocchi almost make me forgot that there is no bocchi in her name
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Oct 24, 2022 7:16 AM

Oct 2018
Every single episode I start with moderate expectations and get blown away by how incredible the directing is. Also, the funniest episode yet.
Oct 24, 2022 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
We got a new bandmate, but she can't play guitar!

Time for Bocchi to become sensei.
Oct 24, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 2021
it is more than cgdct, it's just so funny to watch, especially gotou-chan facial expression and her imagination
Oct 24, 2022 11:23 AM
May 2020
That was absolutely HILARIOUS

The animation is always moving and looking good, this is a sakuga show, the characters are so expressive and funny, this is looking really good, I hope it keeps up the pace
Oct 24, 2022 11:36 AM

Mar 2022
uh oh, is that some yuri going on, sign me TF in!

Still dislike this military grade social anxiety autism thing, but atleast we got some rock, the Bochi sad song was awesome.
Visual humor was top notch and can please someone give some awards to the VAs already. They deserve them, very clearly.
Oct 24, 2022 2:10 PM
Sep 2020
That was a cute ep ^u^ !

Now that the band's altogether, it's time to see them perform as one .。*゚+.*.。(❁´◡`❁)。.。:+*
Oct 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2018
Wow, not sure if it is me, but this dropped on quality real fast. I'm dropping this series.
Oct 24, 2022 2:50 PM
Jul 2022
BiobulletM said:
Wow, not sure if it is me, but this dropped on quality real fast. I'm dropping this series.

Yh it's just you cause this was the best episode
Quality wise
Pls drop this series if you can't comprehend that
Oct 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the artistic direction during this episode was insane. Absolutely loved it!

Great episode once again. Kita has joined the band and Bocchi is now her guitar teacher lol.
Oct 25, 2022 4:46 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was really having fun with its visual gags lol
She's just bad at talking to people, so she tries to sound quirky as an emotional defense.
Oct 25, 2022 4:51 AM
Jul 2017
What a cute lil sis. Bocchi is so cute.. She doesn’t know how to start a conversation.. It’s a strange comparison, but some of the scenes remind me of spongebob episodes where they spontaneously switch back and forth between 2D drawings and 3D footage. What a sad tune. She loves being complimented, it’s so cute. I love seeing her face melt like that. I love her image of paripi lol. The animation is so bouncy I love it.
World peace lol. Brilliant animation for the trip-grab-fall scene.
Omg six string bass lol
Another great ep.
Oct 25, 2022 5:29 AM
Apr 2022
Do yall know if Kita turns into another Yamai from komi cant communicate? The overly exaggerated obsessive lesbian lewd freak character trope is not funny.
Oct 25, 2022 1:48 PM
Nov 2021
Enjoying this series quite a bit so far. I relate to being nervous to join a band and to perform in front of an audience after only playing solo for a long time. The guitar scenes are pretty accurate as well (F can be a tough chord for beginners to play). I expected to find the main characters kind of annoying, but they're all pretty hilarious (Kita mistaking a 6-string bass for a guitar was great). And the cute girls are a plus lol. And maybe a hint of yuri in the near future? I'm excited to see them play together as a band!
Oct 25, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 2018
Nice seeing that Bocchi is able to talk a little more now, like inviting the "new" member Kita.
Bringing an introvert and an extrovert together is sure to go well.
Oct 25, 2022 4:09 PM
May 2017
i love kita she's such an angel
Oct 26, 2022 1:23 AM
Nomad

May 2014
This show is both really cute and makes me laugh quite a bit, this anime season has already been pretty stacked but this one has a really comfy vibe to it that is much needed after some Bleach and Chainsaw Man.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 26, 2022 5:03 AM

Apr 2012
As expected, the slightest display of any kind of affection between the characters and people immediately started talking about some kind of yuri here. Now it doesn't even surprise me.

OG_Otaku said:
Awwwwwwwwwww!!! That is just the cutest damn thing in the world!

After reading the original 4-koma style manga, which was very simple and sort of plain, I'm blown away by this anime. CloverWorks has transformed an ordinary manga and made a very special anime. It is faithful to the original but it amplifies and embellishes. This has become my favorite anime of the season!

I love how honest Kita was about her motivation for joining the band: she has a weird crush on Ryou-senpai and wants to be closer to her and have a special relationship as "her girl". I'm not sure about the translation here and maybe she was really saying she wanted to be Ryou's daughter? Whatever, she obviously has a crush on her senpai, and it is very cute.

Spicelit said:
Another great episode, Bocchi humor perfect. Hopefully Kita won’t end up as one of those tropey lesbian characters like Kuroko from Railgun. Ryo literally eating weed; golden comedy

Well, she's definitely not that kind of character because it's nowhere described as a major or even important part of her personality. For example, the Japanese Wikipedia simply describes her as "admiring".
Oct 26, 2022 8:15 AM
Mar 2015
Rock those weeds girls
Oct 26, 2022 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
yngvarr said:

Bocchi doesn't like being alone and wants to change it, but she is finding it difficult due to her social anxiety. On the other hand, Ryou is perfectly fine being alone. They're both accepted for who they are by everyone around them.
Oct 26, 2022 2:11 PM
Dec 2021
This episode was so good man lol. Other than the stuff everyone has already talked about, I REALLY love the directing in this show. It almost reminds me of how Hyouka goes about explaining/portraying certain important points in the show by using very over-the-top visual metaphors. Things like the little shot of Bocchi being interviewed by the little guitar guy make the show so fun to watch. Everything about this show is so creative, I'm loving it a ton so far. If it keeps up this pace, I can see it becoming one of my all-time favorites in the future. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.
Oct 26, 2022 2:53 PM

Mar 2021
Really loved this episode, found it hilarious when she found out it was a bass lol, excited for the next episode!
Oct 26, 2022 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
Dastyy said:
This episode was so good man lol. Other than the stuff everyone has already talked about, I REALLY love the directing in this show. It almost reminds me of how Hyouka goes about explaining/portraying certain important points in the show by using very over-the-top visual metaphors. Things like the little shot of Bocchi being interviewed by the little guitar guy make the show so fun to watch. Everything about this show is so creative, I'm loving it a ton so far. If it keeps up this pace, I can see it becoming one of my all-time favorites in the future. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.

Erm, you know that visual metaphors are not uncommon in animation, so comparing one of KyoAni's best shows to a comedic CGDCT is a bit forceful?

Actar said:
yngvarr said:

Bocchi doesn't like being alone and wants to change it, but she is finding it difficult due to her social anxiety. On the other hand, Ryou is perfectly fine being alone. They're both accepted for who they are by everyone around them.

I think that the person just didn't understand that social anxiety and introversion are somewhat different things. No one will say that attempts to cure a psychopath are attempts to "cure his extraversion."
Oct 26, 2022 4:45 PM
Dec 2021
RobertBobert said:
Erm, you know that visual metaphors are not uncommon in animation, so comparing one of KyoAni's best shows to a comedic CGDCT is a bit forceful?

Obviously, I know this. I'm just referring to how distinct, and like I said, "over-the-top" all of the metaphors are. Hyouka is my favorite anime, I know that they're two completely different shows, it's just you don't see many shows do their visual poetry in such a way and I'm pointing out similarities and possible inspiration between things for fun. It isn't really that deep man.
Oct 26, 2022 5:02 PM

Apr 2012
Dastyy said:
RobertBobert said:

Obviously, I know this. I'm just referring to how distinct, and like I said, "over-the-top" all of the metaphors are. Hyouka is my favorite anime, I know that they're two completely different shows, it's just you don't see many shows do their visual poetry in such a way and I'm pointing out similarities and possible inspiration between things for fun. It isn't really that deep man.

Don't see? Virtually every CGDCT or SoL comedy uses visual metaphors for laughs. This is nothing new or unusual in anime, let alone animation in general.
Oct 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Sep 2019
The lead singer admiring the bassist, what a load of crap. This show is unrealistic.
Oct 27, 2022 4:25 AM
Aug 2019
amazing, my favorite now
Oct 27, 2022 6:05 AM

Apr 2012
kenfra said:
The lead singer admiring the bassist, what a load of crap. This show is unrealistic.

The entire main band is expy one of the iconic J-rock bands, so it's possible to gag for their own.
Oct 27, 2022 5:34 PM
Jan 2018
amazing anime chck it out
Oct 29, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2020
Yep nothing better than weeds when you're broken, a bit tasteless though. Bocchi's improving, she can hold conversation in that robotic tone atleast.
Oct 30, 2022 2:27 AM
Sep 2018
We got the Yuri lads!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

258 by Alrinth »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

750 by vit »»
May 26, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

269 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 24, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

237 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 23, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2022

235 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 23, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.