Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2022 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
Save 10 tickets, Bocchi can't even sell 5 tickets, and this compromises of her own family plus their pet dog, which at best can can only be sold to her parents. Even to the point of making flyers for promotion, and Bocchi feels like she's been defeated already before she began.

All of this is about to change with the presence of another character: Kikuri Hiroi, the drunk woman who collapsed in front of Bocchi, wanting food and medicine after suffering a hangover. Kikuri's a woman (or rather a girl) who can't quite hold her alcoholic level, and the presence of Bocchi's guitar mesmerizes her, though ANY kind of anxiety freaks her out like a lost cause.

Turns out, Kikuri can play the bass, since she is in an indie band. The thing is, while Kessoku Band is worrying over where Bocchi could be, the grl in question herself is stuck with Kikuri still drinking for her Happiness Spiral of drinking alcohol to drown all worries away. But Bocchi, please don't embrace Kikuri's lifestyle. That said, Kikuri hears Bocchi's worries, and pulls out an impromptu street performance in front of a live audience. Embracing Kikuri's advice to close her eyes and not imagine people being her enemies while the drunk woman herself ad-libs her playing, it takes two to open her eyes (albeit only her left) and face her fears head on to build confidence.

Of her 3 tickets left to be sold, it was 2 girls who liked her performance, and the last belonging to Kikuri, except that like Ryo, she's broke beyond belief. Bocchi has met her quota, though how Kessoku Band thought how she did so was just unbelievable.

Wonders come at the most unexpected, and Bocchi hit a jackpot with Kikuri.
KANLen09Nov 12, 2022 10:33 AM
Nov 12, 2022 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
Well... now then Bocchi and Kessoku Band have passed the audition with flying colours. Their next quota is to be able to sell at least 5 tickets each. It's an easy one... right? Nah... not for someone like Bocchi. It's her worst nightmare. She met a drunk lady, Hiroi. She was such a nice and interesting character.

I get so happy every time I see Bocchi being a little more confident and her performance shows this every time. But, good for her that she was able to sell those tickets by the end of the day which was nice. I love this group's dynamic and how they see each other. It's very cute.
Nov 12, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Even if it's an imagination, I wish they they wore those angel wings for their performances.

And lol, Kikuri Hiroi just happens to be drinking in this episode. I like their chemistry tbh and hope they get more on screen together for future episodes. Bring on more.
Nov 12, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2020
Very funny episode as usual.

I'm glad Bocchi managed to sell all the tickets.

I love Hiroi's character. I hope we'll see her again soon.

SerafosNov 12, 2022 9:10 AM
Nov 12, 2022 8:34 AM
Jun 2022
i like bocchi and hiroi chemistry sm also the animation was so crazy this week
Nov 12, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
Great! Finally! Bocchi's tickets were sold out. Future alcoholic Bocchi life is pretty depressing though.

The location where Bocchi met Hiroi is here - https://goo.gl/maps/vEN9bvrbRNEQrbvA9
And their street performance location is here - https://goo.gl/maps/DmnBfXXgBNeea7rF6
This whole area also features in Idoly Pride.
AkeZZZNov 12, 2022 9:23 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 12, 2022 9:08 AM
Jun 2020
Kessoku Band didn't play today that's because today is self practice day....
But we got to see Bocchi-chan to perform on street and manage to sell all 5 tickets to reach her quota.

This anime really doesn't fail to amaze me! Music, Animation, Voice Acting, everything is just amazing!
Nov 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode am so Happy she was able to sell her quota of tickets and her happy smile at the end was just so adorable
Nov 12, 2022 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
They did a good job portraying Hiroi and Bocchi's relationship in the anime. The awkward mentor and student relationship. Each episode just keeps getting better, imo what the anime does better than the manga is showing the struggles the bocchi goes through with her social anxiety and her seiyuu really elevates her characters quirkiness.

P.S. Really loved all the Sakanaction references
Nov 12, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
The show continues to be amazing, not one bad episode so far, and this time we get introduced to a new character, and it's an alcoholic bassist lol

Those were some pretty sick leads that Bocchi was playing there, even more impressive that she was playing that with just one eye open lol
Nov 12, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2020
Wait, they really named her sister Futari??

Also look what just a little push does to someone, Bocchi on her own mustered up the courage and did something no less than a feat given her standards.. a live street performance. Drunk ladies really do never disappoint.
Nov 12, 2022 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
I really like the new girl, she's amusing. Bocchi's street performance was cool, she finally looked at her audience while playing even if it was with just one eye. Looking forward to their performance.
Nov 12, 2022 10:05 AM
Jun 2020
I'm so proud of Bocchi. Today she gave one huge step (even opening just one eye).
Nov 12, 2022 10:06 AM

Oct 2022
Great episode as usual. The new character seems fun, but at this point she might have more alcohol than blood flowing through her veins lmao
The street performance was really nice and I'm glad Bocchi got to sell all the tickets! The dynamic between all the characters in the show are just so perfect too and just give me a good feeling.
Nov 12, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
For a setup episode towards their performance after quite the episode last time around, this was really good. It was nice seeing Bocchi and Hiroi's student-mentor dynamic and seeing Bocchi tackle an unpredictable situation like performing on the streets in a busker role, to promote the concert and sell her ticket quota somehow through Hiroi's pushes. She got to play in front of a random group of people for the first time, and while she seemed awkward throughout, she did manage to start off decently and get better and a little more confident as the performance here went on. Baby steps taken here for her growth, still has a long, long way to go but these are nice little milestones for her overall progress as a character and a musician. Also felt refreshing seeing her with someone else for the whole episode, and not just the same old cast as usual, and doing her job without their particular help (even if she did need the assistance of someone else in Hiroi through some coincidences).
Nov 12, 2022 10:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The brief recap was really unnecessary but was fun nonetheless. That was one demanding girl that Hitori ended up meeting. Some vivid imagination that Hitori has about adult rockers though. If this world was as simple as the adult put it then it will have far less stress. But despite the fear that comes from playing in front of a live audience without her band mates playing without them would prove useful to her in the long run. Overall a fun ep that allowed us to see a rare moment when Hitori was not only away from her friends but also having to perform in front of strangers with a total rando. In the end im glad that off without a hitch and in the process gaining a degree of self confidence as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2022 10:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Lol, that pixel art sequence from despair, so good. Good to see Bocchi getting better slowly towards her approaching people.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 12, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2022
I'm really loving the new character!

Energetic and funny, but also really supportive!
Seriously, I doubt many people would play a street performance with someone they just met to help them sell tickets.

And like Bocchi said, she seems very talented!

I'm excited to see more of her.
Nov 12, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2015
This anime is a blast. Bocchi can stress out herself to such degree that she gets almost high on it. She has more trippy experiences on cortisole than others on lysergic acid .
IshitatesoNov 12, 2022 11:04 AM
Nov 12, 2022 10:38 AM

Oct 2017
10/10. Perfect episode, very excited to see more
Nov 12, 2022 10:39 AM
Dec 2021
Absolutely superb! 10/10. I love this series, I look forward to it every week, thank you all! See ya next time!
Nov 12, 2022 10:40 AM

Feb 2016
My girl Bocchi is going places with HUGE steps, slowly, but she will achieve great things, so proud of her.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 12, 2022 10:43 AM
Jun 2019
Bocchi made it! She managed to connect with new people with her music!
Nov 12, 2022 10:45 AM
May 2022
She sell all tickets
Nov 12, 2022 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Even if you dont have social anxiety, a pushy drunk person is tough to deal with.

Bocchi worrying about her future self, physically hurts me.

I wonder how big Hiroi is to have someone to deliver an amp with phone call.

Just took 6 episodes to the band realize that Bocchi have some heavy social anxiety.
Nov 12, 2022 10:53 AM

Oct 2018
Another great episode of Goat the Rock, quite emotional too.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 12, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2022
I think that Kikuri is my second favorite character, she was just what Bocchi needed (not to mention a cool bass player) plus we got an extra performance out the ordeal.

Tough one for Bocchi pick of the week:
Nov 12, 2022 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
Hitori found another reason to overcome her social anxiety. Putting a smile on the face of others will drive her.

Hiroi is a dope onee-chan. I love my alcoholics.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2022 11:10 AM

Feb 2007
Bocchi sure has an interesting definition of "shining"... :D
Nov 12, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2016
Funny enough, while this is technically the weakest episode in the series so far, due to technically being a transitory or setup episode of sorts, it was still a great one, regardless. Introducing a new character in Hiroi with quite the fun yet savvy personality and establishing quite the student-teacher dynamic between her and Hitori serves to further supplement the latter's coming-of-age story. It's also a really nice detour and change of pace to have Bocchi interact with someone else aside from her usual band group and her family members. Bocchi has never been really comfortable with performing in front a large audience or with any unexpected situation involving many people. She was never really comfortable with interacting with others outside her family, even so much not even looking them in the eyes, which is admittedly something I myself still personally struggle with even to this day, so this does kinda hit home in a way. Thankfully, with the help of Hiroi giving her that needed push, she's able to make steps forward and be able to sell her tickets to meet the quota and even nail a street performance. Yes, they're small steps with a bit of stumbling backwards, but it has been overall net positives every time and they're still important milestones in her life as of right now going forward, especially when she wants to help her friends achieve their own dreams as well. Overall this is more fantastic progression for her as a character and as an aspiring musician.

One particular thing to note: Artists normally experience senses of insecurity and doubt that would cause them to do certain things by habit or instinct that would ironically inhibit their ability to perform at their best or interact properly with their audience. Sure one can have band members there by their side for security and comfort, but what happens when they're by themselves or suddenly with a different party or unfamiliar place, with no time to prepare? Most people nowadays don't understand or even acknowledge this, sadly. For Bocchi, as strong a character as she's been so far imho, this is more about what she represents than who she is as a person. She can't just change overnight, but she CAN make gradual steps towards better expressing herself. Isn't that what art is kinda all about to begin with?

So overall while I did say this is the weakest episode by technicality due to much more subdued visual comedy this time around, it's still a S-tier episode even compared to the likes of everything else this season, due to the kind of themes it really highlights in such a natural and fulfilling way.
RyuseishunNov 12, 2022 1:45 PM
Nov 12, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2021
E6 put me in Hatori-chan’s anxieties and let me understand how tough it is AND how brave she is to keep growing. One of the, if not the, best episodes so far. Mark ir as an 11!
Nov 12, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
“I see, I never had any enemies here, it was just my imagination”.

Too often we fall victims to problems of our own making. I’m so glad bocchi realised how much her friends care about her and appreciate her. Every aspect of her, that includes the shyness!
Nov 12, 2022 12:09 PM

Jan 2022
Very nice episode, Bocchi is now able to do concert in the street and Kikuri is a great addition to the cast. The funniest part was at the end when the other girls didn't believed she sold all of her tickets lmao.
I like everything, ok
Nov 12, 2022 12:39 PM

Aug 2020
Another great episode from AOTS. Looking forward to her new bassist friend seeing the band perform live.
Nov 12, 2022 12:46 PM
Jan 2021
such a banger episode with their reference clannad tomozaki depression moment with adult gotoh lmaoo .
Nov 12, 2022 12:47 PM
Feb 2018
I'm not a fan of drunk characters but I really like Hiroi lol as someone with social anxiety there's nothing better than a crazy person to drive you to do thing you would never do on your own
Nov 12, 2022 12:52 PM
Oct 2020
just watch it, trust me

Nov 12, 2022 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
Bocchi is AOTS and AOTY. I say this as a diehard CSM manga reader and fan.
Nov 12, 2022 1:07 PM

Jul 2022
rip Bocchi at the end tho
Kek

Nov 12, 2022 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
As a bass player, I found drunkard's pick interesting. I also use a pick but hers is the type I normally associate with shamisen. Given then technical detail they've given this show, I suppose my unawareness is telling and perhaps that's popular bass pick for Japanese players?

Nov 12, 2022 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
Another great episode!
Nov 12, 2022 1:21 PM

Jul 2019
I like each episode better than the last! I'm fascinated by all the expressions Bocchi makes, I have so much fun watching them.

Oh and I laughed so hard when the rest of the band thought Bocchi was lying about selling all the tickets!
Nov 12, 2022 1:39 PM
Oct 2019
In retrospect, I realize that instinctively saying "Hahaha, I do that." when the spiral of happiness was shown isn't great.

On the other hand, I can forget that realization by drinking an inordinate amounts of alcohol and watching old Vine compilations.
Nov 12, 2022 1:43 PM

Mar 2020
In terms of the visual comedy, it was definitely a bit toned down this episode, but the great thing is, we got some good character development for Bocchi this episode, as she met Kikuri, just a random alcoholic that crawled up to her. She's the perfect person to pull Bocchi out of her shell, as sometimes, it takes a crazy person to get through to another crazy person, even if their craziness levels are polar opposites.

The thing that I love so much about this show is its portrayal of social anxiety. I struggled with some form of that when I was little, and I still do to some extent today. Keeping eye contact with others, not being awkward, is still a tough thing for me to deal with on a daily basis, though I do think I have been improving on that in recent years, which is the same thing Bocchi is going through, slowly and steadily. It's always hard to perform in front of strangers, and with a push from Kikuri, she was able to open her eyes (or eye, in her instance), to the crowd. The moment she realized that the world around her wasn't her enemy, she was able to play with a bit more confidence.

Perhaps this episode wasn't the funniest, but it was still very good in other ways. Still was a blast to watch this week, and every week.
Nov 12, 2022 2:01 PM

Jun 2017
New drunk girl is already one of the best characters already, just wow.
Nov 12, 2022 2:02 PM
Aug 2021
Started off slow and I thought it was going to be a pretty poor episode just for it to turn around and provide a big pice of character development for Bocchi.
Nov 12, 2022 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Softhenic03 said:
Wait, they really named her sister Futari??

Hitori - One (Hitotsu)
Futari - Two (Futatsu)

Just the usual way of numbering the kids in Japan.

So many people with their mind in the gutter smh.
Nov 12, 2022 2:13 PM
Apr 2019
No words... simply a GOD tier anime
Nov 12, 2022 2:18 PM
Jan 2022
Love me some growth in this episode. Let go Bocchi!
Nov 12, 2022 2:20 PM

Feb 2022
I loved the new character, it is very interesting to me that by the way he plays the bass very well
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

231 by ninocadeau »»
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

744 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2022

267 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

234 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2022

232 by PrimeX »»
Apr 23, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.