Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 11, 2022 3:31 PM

Dec 2014
What a lovely ending. I feel this anime is very underrated, im glad to give it a big score. Hopefully there will be a second season.
Feb 15, 2022 1:27 AM
Sep 2020
I enjoy every episode of the series, the story is light enough to watch. but in the last few episodes I feel like the story is disconnected,maybe you missed some important scenes, but this anime is still worth watching
Feb 15, 2022 7:29 PM

Mar 2021
Considering the lack of fanfare surrounding new seasonal fantasy series, "Banished from the Hero's Party" felt like it was an answer to Anime fans hating on the generic "Isekai" genre by putting forth a fantasy series that has almost all the elements of your typical generic "Isekai" without it actually being an "Isekai".

But it was more than that in my opinion. There was no stereo typical over powered teenage male protagonist surrounded by a harem of cute female characters who would all but throw themselves sexually at the MC while the MC sexually comes across as some prude adolescence.

Above all the majority of the main characters were all grown adults and not a cast of children acting as if they have the responsibility of adults.

Some might find this series to be "mediocre" at best because it was light-hearted and there was a lack of action. But this wasn't suppose to be an action Anime to begin with. At most it gave us exactly what was advertised being a Fantasy Romance Slice-of-Life.

I really do feel this series was underrated. After finishing the final episode of this series I almost wish there could have been more to it.
Feb 16, 2022 7:32 AM

Nov 2017
Nice finale. Especially with Ruti being happy. She really is a hero, but when she goes around kicking ass, taking names and helping others she does so on her own accord.

Red and Rit are still together (duh) and I'm all for it!~ They deserve each other!

I'd say the staff did a good job of keeping this open ended. Like, if there's a 2nd season then that's cool, but if not, that's cool too
Feb 22, 2022 8:37 PM

Jul 2014
Despite my issues with this show, I really liked the ending.

Good for Theodora saving Tisse. And it looks like Albert finally had a change of heart which at this point I don't really care about.

Red and Rit were finally able to make good use of the double bed, nice. And yes, those are certainly beautiful (spectacular was such a meme translation lol).

I am so happy that Ruti can live a life as a normal girl from now on, she is so adorable.

Godwin running for his life as soon as he saw Red and Ruti was hilarious.

Some nice lore about the sacred swords and the first hero.

The cute and well-endowed receptionist voiced by Nao Touyama made one last appearance, yay!

And finally... Yarandrala! Don't tease me like that, show.

Oh well, I guess that's it. I liked it, but I have to say that I liked it less than I expected. The serious moments often felt awkward; the pace was weird many times, the animation was okay or even meh in the fights. But, the SOL part was nice and the lore behind the world is certainly interesting. The blessings were always an interesting concept and the info we got in the last arc makes you want to know more... not to mention the sudden appearance of Yarandrala at the last moment haha.
Feb 25, 2022 10:31 AM
Oct 2017
Rit Is really sum else Gotta love a woman like her
Mar 4, 2022 12:11 AM

Oct 2008
Show as a whole felt indecisive if they wanted to do slow life or not. Would have enjoyed it more if they just stuck to SoL and minor conflict events instead of bringing all of the heroes and villains and ancient ruins to this one place middle of nowhere that is supposed to be of no importance where this guy just happen to settle.
Mar 7, 2022 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
I enjoyed it overall. In particular the theme of not letting your grace dictate your fate.

While Ares was an awful person, I do pity him. At least he's free of his grace now. Which is more akin to a curse. Fortunately, Ruti was able to awaken a new destiny.

Red and Rit did another step forward too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 13, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2016
Loved the ending tbh.
Btw, we got another one of these tropes?

The list just keeps growing!
DooMWhiteMar 13, 2022 9:33 AM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Mar 26, 2022 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
Imagine at the end she went instead "na screw them I'm living a slow life now I'm not a hero anymore, I'm not helping them"

That's the thing, if they're not doing hero stuff when they have the power they should realize people would die. SO the message kinda go through the roof at the end of the story with her accepting the job. You can have a slow life by choosing to not help people, sure, you would be an a**hole by not helping people, but it's your choice.

Geez, if you want this plot well done just go watch the Dreamworks movie Megamind, our heroes here are literally Metro man.
TitadouMar 26, 2022 12:26 AM
Apr 4, 2022 10:23 AM

Apr 2011
Good thing Tisse was healed and Ruti was free from the hero's blessing with a new blessing. Ah yes. Ruti and Red was finally not interrupted in their bed time scene now. Ruti being adorable and has emotions now. She finally have a better life with her big bro. And it seems she and Ritz are gonna share the same man? Heh.

Wholesome ending, but not so wholesome series. I didn't enjoy it that much but it was a decent show.
Apr 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Oct 2018
ZER0PT said:
I liked this more than I thought.
Usually I'm not a big fan of these very slow slice of life anime types.
But with this one I feel like the slow-paced peaceful moments were the best parts of it.
7/10. Rit is adorable.

Agreed I was gonna give it a 7, but actually decided to bump it up to an 8, I enjoyed my time with these characters more than I expected to.
Apr 8, 2022 1:48 PM

Jul 2015
Not much of a slow life seeing how passionate the romance between Rit and Red was... oh and also all the action. Overall the SoL was the more interesting side with the rest being meh.

Apr 27, 2022 11:15 PM
Apr 2011
The last few episodes were a bit dreb. Cliche, (overly) cartoonish, cheap (to produce), plot holes, all at the same time. But the series did manage to pull off a full battle arc for a climax. I imagine if the show had kept the consistency and moved the plot at more natural pace — e.g. imagine expanding Albert’s interaction with hero’s party, imagine more SoL moments in Zoltan and only occasional movement on the yuusha line — well, the series wouldve ran out of time well before getting any such things done.

So, the last few episodes wouldve been a choice of keeping the consistency and quality or having a crescendo and climax of sort. Would it be better to keep the consistency and end with a cliff hang? Or would it be better to have a crescendo of sort, reach climax of sort and end with happyly-ever-after?

Is a failed climax still a climax?

I am not sure. And also not sure if the show is “good” or “very good”.

I would say the avg score on this show continues a disappointing trend in MAL in recent years of overhyping garbage and failure to recognize jobs well done.

The narration of much of the anime is well done and much better done than probably majority of those scoring higher in MAL. The Yuusha line and the apothecary line were were interlinked intelligently (before they collide) with good use of narrative orders and implied points of view. The underpinning world mechanics were woven into the story moments naturally and were developed somewhat — much MUCH more than a typical score-6.

The romance moments between Red and Rit were detailedly drawn and well choreographed. The pacing was natural and soothing. The romance wasnt over the top which is important for the soothing SoL feel.

It seems romance, like mecha and politics, is one of those categories where the particular audience set of MAL dislike — and the isekai tag made sure the anime was watched beyond the subset of audience for SoL.

Still, failure to recognize something well done — even if one’s interest lies elsewhere — is just that, a failure.
ArgyllApr 27, 2022 11:26 PM
Apr 30, 2022 10:37 PM

Jul 2020
although not the best anime during it's time but still I enjoyed watching it despite the cliche and generic setup for fantasy there something about anime like this that makes me watch it regardless of its ratings I guess I'm a sucker for adventure anime or isekai in general. kudos to the manga author and animators of this anime
May 12, 2022 3:44 AM

Sep 2012
seem that Yarandrala is about to crash their party next season or OVA lol
Jul 16, 2022 4:15 PM

Dec 2020
Enjoyed the show but it seems like it has a identity problem. It wants to be like a casual slice of life but also wants a big typical fantasy anime with lots of drama and plot. They set up plenty of characters and build up where they could keep teetering back and forth on these two genres and being a in between for the future.
Jul 24, 2022 2:44 PM
Nov 2011
I have to admit I honestly was expecting a let down ending for this one the themes and pacing early on did not lead you to believe that this was going to be a show that would feel pretty complete for a 13 episode show. And I know some people will say it was cliche and predictable it's it was to a degree but I like the way that the roles of each of the characters at least is the way they were defined by their blessings called out the types of stereotypes that often fall on people to remind us that we are ourselves not necessarily are occupation or job choice. On five golly Mr Crowley Wally has to be nominated for best bug buddy of season
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 29, 2022 6:19 PM
Sep 2022
Good story, hope it will be have second season
Oct 4, 2022 3:43 AM

Feb 2018
A wholesome and sussy final episode ig. Finally finished this after 9 months of neglect lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Oct 24, 2022 12:53 PM
Jan 2021
GOOD but bro why do i have to right something about it
Dec 27, 2022 9:39 PM
Mar 2019
I was shocked by how much I enjoyed this show. I thought it was pretty far from your average op-character-in-slice-of-life show.

Honestly, the ending was really great. If there wasn't a little spoiler at the end (and a S2), it would have been a 10/10 ending for me. 

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Dec 29, 2022 9:32 PM
Dec 2021
it was just ok, not likely to watch another season if it comes out.
Jan 3, 2023 12:25 PM
Dec 2022
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD
Jan 18, 2023 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
just binged this. cant wait for s2
Feb 16, 2023 1:51 AM
May 2020
I'm probably alone on this but I found everything quite entertaining except Rit's and Red's married lovey dovey stuffs.
I was a little intrigued by the blessing system(I wish they'd talked more about that, but it's a slow life romance anime after all, I should watch a different anime if I'm not looking for that), the slow life and stuffs about heroes and demons but I found the lovey dovey parts quite corney and unenjoyable most of the time.
Though some scenes of them were nice and it did make me smile a few times.
I enjoyed seeing Ruti and Gideon's brother-sister interactions more, how he cared and protected her and how she was happy to see him all the time.
All in all, pretty alright, Rit and Red lovey dovey married parts was not for me, but still enjoyed the show overall. 7/10
Feb 16, 2023 9:29 PM
Nov 2018
Very worse.
I do know is made by Communist korean.
This is definitely trash leveled.

Knight's & Magic way better
Feb 17, 2023 12:08 PM
Oct 2022
Good anime, I liked the ending, but as a good follower of brotherly love, I will say that Ruti is better, but it was beautiful, and in the end the duende appeared, I hope they release another season to see what happens
Mar 20, 2023 7:14 PM
Dec 2022
great ending! cant wait for the s2
Apr 27, 2023 2:54 PM
Apr 2023
it was so good plz make a new season
May 30, 2023 5:23 AM
May 2020
Chill fast paced battle tho
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Very decent anime, better than most other long-titled fantasy anime which usually has subpar story and visual, this one is pretty decent.
the SoL parts are really nice and the romance ironically has better pacing than most romance focused anime out there, this anime doesnt try to prolong the romantic development, I like this ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 12, 2023 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
I am actually shocked this show has such a low rating and is barely known. Did I go into a portal to another dimension and watched a different show, but with a similar name? I'm legit confused. This has to be the best thing I've watched in half a decade, sure the last three episodes were kinda wonky, but a 6 rating? Absolutely absurd! I haven't been this hyped for an anime since Covid started. I'm actually dissapointed in myself that it took me this long to watch it. It's a solid 8 for me.
Jul 23, 2023 9:29 PM
Mar 2018
The animation could be better
Sep 28, 2023 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
I ended bumped my enjoyement rating by 2 because the ED is SO AMAZING. It's so rare to hear math rock in anisong outside indie landscape.
The meat itself is pretty much mediocre overall.
8/10

Oct 11, 2023 8:44 AM
Apr 2016
anime lumayan buat ngisi waktu,
anime percintaan yg terlalu disorot, benci bangnet sama adeknya yg ngk ada ekspresi meski dijelaskan kalo menjadi pahlawan akan mengorbankan sesuatu termasuk ekspresi namun ngk suka aja keti xwek loli tapi tanpa ekspresi
Oct 31, 2023 3:12 AM
Aug 2022
certainly enjoyed this a lot.
when they are getting married?;they did a lot of things. 😏
Nov 23, 2023 11:34 AM
Aug 2022
Muito bom e encerraram bem.
Dec 30, 2023 12:21 AM
Jun 2012
Ruti and Tisse's Slow Life! I was the hero but now me and my bestie grow medicinal herbs? With a spider?!?
Jan 3, 7:15 AM

Oct 2017
Ruti and Rit kawaii. Just a few more days till s2.
Jan 6, 1:33 AM
Sep 2023
oof the fight scenes were god awful in the last two episodes, thankfully the romance and SoL elements were god tier in this. 8/10
Jan 9, 2:41 AM
Jan 2021
sad asd assssssssssssssssssssssas das sd
Jan 13, 8:29 AM
Jul 2023
la relación más sana y normal de toda su temporada, me encanto como se fue desarrollando está historia, simple y al palo, sin rodeos uwu
Jan 15, 10:43 PM
Jul 2008
Got damn, I do not understand how, for a show that's trying to be a wholesome romance, how they manage to make all their sex and romance scenes so cringy. In a way it's impressive, but maybe it's because it's meant for 13 year old japanese boys and I'm a 30 year old man. Still, this show is so lacking, it had quite a few interesting points with the "blessings" that are also in a way curses, a mysterious background of ambiguous gods and demons, but every time they literally say "slow life" out loud it kills me inside a little bit.

For something that's trying to hard to have a romantic plot, the romance in this show sucks harder than most mediocre full blown romances.
Jan 19, 7:52 PM
Jan 2021
I DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE SO ENGROSSING
Jan 19, 9:01 PM

Dec 2018
Why couldn't Danan's hand be regenerated? It only took seconds to totally revive Triss.
Mr Crawly Wawly and a lot of the show was campy but even more so genuinely funny and pleasantly cute
Finally a fantasy adventure that didn't require isekai, harems, OP MC with no personality, or contrived stories
Characters made the show as well as its balanced plot
I did think the art differences between frames could be jarring but was overall good enough, sometimes not the greatest but sometimes nicely ambitious.
Feb 19, 3:37 PM
Jan 2024
Very good character development. More than I expected :)
Feb 20, 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
I liked the romantic development and sol parts.normal romcoms take too much time on trivial stuff
Apr 8, 8:09 PM
Aug 2023
I think the slice of life portions of this show was good, but it fell on it's face with the serious main storylines. I quite enjoy watching Rit and Red being lovey dovey, and I was very interested in the struggles of the Hero's Party and Ruti after Red left the party, but again like the serious main storyline it fell on it's face in the end. I think all the problems started in the episode when the rebellion of the townsfolks vs the guards happen, which is when Albert got his hand chopped off by Red, and Albert and the goat demon left to turn Ruti into a drug addict. That's also when Ares became a total farce of an antagonist by becoming insane, he was kind of a bad antagonist before then but it became truly bad when he went over the top due to his insanity. By the time he was killed in the last episode, I found his death had very little meaning nor satisfaction as he was just a crazy person being crazy, a prop being discarded from the story. Whereas before when Ruti punched a hole through him, and then healed him, he was actually a character back then.

With this finale episode, I think I know why the show made him go insane, it's because Ares' position was too much like Theodora's, and they wanted to make them different when they really weren't, which was a problem. They can't go making Theodora's motivations seem understandable while choosing to save and forgive her in the end, while not doing the same for Ares if he wasn't insane. Red even said he was saving Theodora because she's a friend and it would hurt Ruti if one of her party members died, but wouldn't that also apply to Ares? His insanity made it so he couldn't be reasoned with, and they could just overlook that stuff with Theodora, the show couldn't have done that if Ares wasn't insane and not over the top. I'm glad they at least gave Ares a respectable funeral because all that talk about Theodora being spared because she was just doing what she thought was right, had actually save many people before by being in the hero's party, and deserves to be the hero instead because of her motivation for such, all that also applied to Ares. I know Ares was a hated character because of how he kicked Red out of the party, but the show was purposely not giving him a fair chance to not be so hate-able like they did with Theodora. They went over the top with Ares by having him go insane, slashing up Red and Rit's bed, stepping on Mr Crawly Wally, and even having the bad guy drug maker hate Ares and call him a villain. It was way way too much over the top, which made his antagonist character no longer credible.

As for the interesting stuff with Ruti's struggles of being cursed with the Hero blessing versus what she wanted from life herself, the show messed that up in the end as well. Instead of being an interesting character who learns to carry on despite her baggage, or work through them to either get by or lighten her load, they instead just eliminated her baggage out of nowhere. She can now experience positive and negatives things, and choose her own fate by ditching her responsibilities. That pretty much destroys her character and her struggles because her not being able to experience positives and negatives was what made her interesting, and ditching her responsibilities makes her look horribly selfish. As other commenters have pointed out, she choose to allow countless future deaths by ignoring her responsibilities, it would have been no different than if she refused to save the village held hostage by ogres which she went off to help in the end. It was a terrible resolution to her character arc, she didn't even try to prepare a replacement for her quitting by having Theodora become Hero. It was mentioned briefly to Theodora she could become the hero, but without actually showing more about it like Theodora forming her own party like how Albert's party reformed after he left, it just looks like Ruti's shirking her duties big time. I just can't stress how underwhelming and disappointing this was with how they pissed away such an interesting dilemma they had for her character. I would recommend "I'm quitting Heroing" for another anime which handled a similar hero's dilemma so much more superbly, but warn you'll have to watch it right to the end for it's full effect because it's not going to seem like it until the end.

Well, I did this rewatch to prepare for S2, time to see if they were able to go somewhere with this story, or if it just gets even worse. I want to give S1 a 7/10 for the stuff I enjoyed, but I can't bring myself to do so with how bad the serious stuff ended up. 6/10.
Apr 15, 9:25 PM
Dec 2021
I did kinda enjoy the anime. But there's a thing that i confuse. What kind of relationship did Red and Rit have? Yeah, beside the confessions, but I'm still confused. The Mead meaning, and else, is very ambigue for me. Can anybody explain? Am i Skipped a scene?
Zzz168Apr 15, 9:29 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

90 by nashDj23 »»
May 20, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

76 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

47 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 20, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

70 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 20, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

65 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 20, 2:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.