Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2021 3:25 PM

Aug 2019
This anime is too good.. had a big smile on my face the whole time.
That one scene was a little weird though. lmao
Feb 14, 2021 3:40 PM

Dec 2012
Everything is so good about this anime. OP, Art, Plot, Ecchi, Gore, Animation and ED

Feb 14, 2021 3:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
i was aight with a lot of things people weren't with this series so far but that scene with him and Eris...

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 14, 2021 3:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m surprised, I though they were going to rush this volume out, but it seems very much unlikely now considering how much they have to do for volume 2... if they go slower for it, that means volume 3 will have to be rushed no?

Loving seeing Eris brought to life, and has people can already see, she is slowly changing~~

snarat said:
can they stop with the sexual assault?? it ruins the whole anime smh

Oh don't you worry, much later on in the story, Rudeous is the one getting assaulted! xD

vipergod said:
I still dont understand something!Rudes wanted to go to magic school with sylph. Bcuz he didnt want to leave her alone and in order to to that he leaves her alone for 5 years? He leaves a 5 years old for 5 years? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Go back and watch again, he didn't have many choices.
His dad knew he would oppose going away from her, that is why he did what he did, and Rudeous is a logical person so he came to terms with it since that way he will be able to win money for both and will be the best for both to separate for a time.

Again, this was explained, dont think too much about it, there is nothing else to think about.
PlaycoolFeb 14, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 14, 2021 4:25 PM

Apr 2015

Here we see the MC grapple with the ever-revolving question of "Should I molest little girls"?

His inner old man tells him "Yes, we should". Such character, wow. Best anime! Truly a character flaw to this nuanced portrayal of man vs nature.
Feb 14, 2021 4:33 PM

May 2019
AdrianRubinsky said:
With the exception of "that scene", it was a slife of life moment without any major events.

Wait until we get to the end of Volume 6 lmaooooo, or if in 10 years they ever adapt the Redundancy post-series spin-off as an OVA, and we get

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 14, 2021 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
im attempting to do what rudy had done to Eris in this ep to my niece.
hey ppl dont take my action too serious. im just imitating something from a cartoon.
Feb 14, 2021 4:47 PM
Jan 2021
this episode felt kinda filler in a way?? but it was also creepy asf??

although this anime is filled with pervy scenes (often played for comedic effect), none of those scenes until now made me physically scroll down into the comments and cringe out of pure disgust. it just isn't right. i hated this episode because rudeus is crossing the f'ing line.

now don't get me wrong, i've read the manga; what happened to eris there is arguably worse (i won't describe it because spoilers obviously). this is probably a hot take because a lot of anime fans are desensitized to this kind of stuff, and if i werent so much a snowflake, i wouldn't complain. but im sorry that i just dont find children attractive.

i hope fellow viewers of this series understand. i don't hate the series; i'm interested in this 'grandaddy of isekai' and whatnot; i just hope rudeus mentally matures and isn't so much controlled by his immoral vices.
Feb 14, 2021 4:54 PM
Feb 2017
2nd best anime of the season behind, obviously, Attack on Titan S4.
Feb 14, 2021 5:01 PM
Sep 2019
Since this seems to be all anyone is talking about, I’ll give my two cents on the controversy:

I don’t mind it (too much at least) since the story, world building, and production quality are too good to drop over this, but what I’m concerned about is it’s kinda hard to recommend this to other people. Quality is good and all, and hearing that the show is more faithful to the series than the official translation even through controversy is nice to hear, but I’m concerned with how well it will sell because of it. No matter how good or well received by it’s fans a show is, if it’s not selling well, then the quality may drop if not being abandoned altogether. With how much people can’t seem to argue with anything but this, along with the whole China situation, I’m worried we might have only 1 season with high production quality before a drop in quality, or a hiatus of the anime.
Feb 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Jun 2015
I can't recall the groping or the Aphrodisiac scene in the novel. But it seems that I have read the toned down version of it. For the former, I thought he was only looking and guessing her size. But no, he's actually groping them. Gross, indeed. And for the latter, it was completely missing in the novel that I read.

Mushoku Tensei has finally reached Monogatari-level of problematic media (Side note: I love both shows and I completely disagree with their problematic parts). As the controversial scene happens, I was holding my head in distress as I guessed the amount of hate threats it's going to entail. I love the show, and I don't want the show to get cancelled because of its apparent problematic parts. Damn it, I'm worried now because there are a few "more problematic" scenes in the future that can be judged as inappropriate by the white knights.

Aside from that, Eris is developing well, the most important point for me to have. Are they going to skip Eris' birthday party? They probably do. It's a shame because I want to see Rudeus and Eris' dance.
Feb 14, 2021 5:07 PM
Feb 2019
I've been loving this show every week, going to have to resist reading the manga/LN once this season is over. Hopefully they plan on adapting the whole thing.
Feb 14, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
Fuck man this show does everything in it's power to make me dislike it no matter how hard i try to enjoy it, coming off of last week i was like heh i kinda like this gramps character then the barn scene happens and im just sitting there like the fuck is going on then it gets worse like nothing of value would've been lost from cutting that out of a perfectly fine chill episode till the part of a merchant selling aphrodisiac drugs to a kid which had me thinking the worse knowing this show thankfully it didn't do it.

what a hill to die on defending sexual assault on a 9 year old in their sleep anime fans are some wild folks sometime god damn

still continuing on not trusting a word on fans of this
katsu044Feb 14, 2021 6:55 PM
Feb 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Nov 2017
I just knew this ep would bring out the "best" in people.
For me,I enjoyed it thoroughly,since it's a damn good piece of storytelling.
Anyways,what really gets me about this anime is the animation itself,its superb,and the OP/ED,esp the ED animation.The OP song makes it feel like your watching an epic,and the ED song makes it feel like your waiting for the manure and fan :)
Truly astounding how good this adaption is.
Feb 14, 2021 5:36 PM

Nov 2017
YosepRA said:
Eris is developing well.

I think you might want to backtrack a little on how you phrased that,as there will probably be some backlash from the white knights ;)

On the other note,I think the title of next weeks episode indicates that that will be about Eris's birthday party,since its quite a big point in Eris's growth.
Oh damn,now I've gone and done it as well :)

Feb 14, 2021 5:36 PM

Dec 2014
YosepRA said:
Are they going to skip Eris' birthday party? They probably do. It's a shame because I want to see Rudeus and Eris' dance.

Feb 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Jan 2020
Really great episode today. I had my doubts from last episode, but I really like Eris now and I find her presence to be a very welcome and enjoyable one.

I can't wait for next week

Feb 14, 2021 6:03 PM

Apr 2018
This show are not holding back, thats for sure. That barn scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch but it's funny seeing Rudy getting his ass beaten after, he deserve even more than that, lol.

And i wonder what's the rating for this episode in Japan, is it still high? if it does then japan really doesn't give a crap about this 'problematic' stuff, lol.
Feb 14, 2021 6:15 PM
Mar 2015
His perversions get in his way
Feb 14, 2021 6:27 PM

Nov 2019
I can't wait for the end of volume 6, which I am assuming is the end of cour 2. People who read the novel, know what I am talking about.
Feb 14, 2021 6:30 PM
Sep 2016
I don't understand what the problem is, the protagonist of this anime was a lollicon, the point of the story is to show his growth from a piece of shit to a good person, husband and father, the point is to prove that every person deserves a second chance that's why the prisons and social reintegration exist, I find it more dangerous all the people who still cheer for Eren after he became a fascist genocide, it makes you understand how dictatorships and genocides can still happen under the excuse of the freedom of the people .....

Jfs_ said:

And i wonder what's the rating for this episode in Japan, is it still high? if it does then japan really doesn't give a crap about this 'problematic' stuff, lol.

it is around 92% of approval 0.5 less than the last episode.
thekillfraFeb 14, 2021 6:34 PM
Feb 14, 2021 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
ExcaliburAO said:
I can't wait for the end of volume 6, which I am assuming is the end of cour 2. People who read the novel, know what I am talking about.

The divine beings still watching and complaining about this anime will definitely commit sudoku.
Feb 14, 2021 7:14 PM

Nov 2019
testamentKAISER said:
ExcaliburAO said:

The divine beings still watching and complaining about this anime will definitely commit sudoku.
Feb 14, 2021 7:16 PM

Dec 2014
Rob7 said:
testamentKAISER said:

And oh what surprise, that will be other ridiculous complaints:

testamentKAISERFeb 14, 2021 8:07 PM
Feb 14, 2021 7:20 PM

Apr 2015
Today I learned that saving 3 kids gives you carte blanche to sexually assault one minor.

I'll memorize that math.
Feb 14, 2021 7:33 PM
Dec 2019
Not a big fan of the gropey humor, it’s a bit off putting
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 14, 2021 7:44 PM
Jul 2019
Well, now that everyone knows what they're buying. I'm gonna get some popcorn and wait for the chaos that is about to ensue in the thread for the next episode. oh boy...... the author, director, animation team etc are all gonna get some death threats by maniacs. Overall it's gonna be fun to watch y'all do what u do
Feb 14, 2021 8:10 PM

Apr 2015
It just occurred to me that Rudeus actually has had character development from the start of the show till now!

He started out wanking it to a video of his niece and now he's molesting his new underaged relative/niece. Progress!
Feb 14, 2021 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
The grandfather is hilarious. It definitely explains where Eris got her temperament.

That was certainly a unique way to ask for someone's help. I'm starting to think that this whole family needs some help...

They bought the kid an aphrodisiac LOL
Feb 14, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
What a tough start, Eris is indeed Rudeus's biggest pain xD But i am glad she's finally getting better, but that aphrodisiac got him bad ahahaha
Also, Rudeus is indeed a man of culture, he made a Megumin figurine! Now that's OP! haha
AivanKFeb 14, 2021 9:27 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 14, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2019
@testamentKAISER nah Rudeus is a pervert. No denying that, he's the worst of the worst and does terrible stuff at times. But hey that's what the anime is about. He's gonna improve his character, become a good husband and father(eventually).
sam5234Feb 14, 2021 11:04 PM
Feb 14, 2021 8:44 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode. Rudy really trying to steal panties tho bruh.

Can't remember too much already as well
Feb 14, 2021 8:45 PM
Jan 2018
Lets see if Eris gonna be less annoying next episode... About Rudeus, i kinda used to his pervertness by now lol. Overall 3/5 because this episode only slice of life.
Feb 14, 2021 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
Molesting girls in their sleep? MC is at one step of becoming Paul but worse. Also nice skit with him obtaining what basically is a rape drug. Pretty funny, author...

Well, guess this series can't exist without forcibly including sexual connotations in every episode. Last episode was decent while it lasted.
On a positive note (I guess?), I didn't know Ghislaine had a cute side. I'm kinda liking her character, not gonna lie.
Feb 14, 2021 9:08 PM

Mar 2019
The part where Rudeus assaulted Eris had me cringe so hard, I couldn't even look at the screen. The fact that he is actually pretty old makes it even worse. Can't believe people actually enjoy that.
And the pacing felt a little off too. Probably worst episode of the 6.
Feb 14, 2021 9:34 PM
Jun 2019
This episode is hilarious, i laugh a lot in this episode.

Prepare for next episode because it will be wholesome, this is also the beginning of Rudy's and Eris's character development. Just wait because this will be one of the greatest isekai anime

I want to give notice to all of you manga or WN readers, this anime will be different from this 2 sources because its original source is LN, so if you said that the manga or WN is different from the anime then it is normal because the anime follow the LN faithfully up until now
Feb 14, 2021 9:41 PM

Apr 2013
This is a good episode considering MT is mostly SoL story, though based on what my experience with the novel. I love how the director kept the omnious feeling that this episode and probably the next like a calm before storm, just like how it were in the novel.
Feb 14, 2021 9:54 PM
Aug 2015
Jfs_ said:
This show are not holding back, thats for sure. That barn scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch but it's funny seeing Rudy getting his ass beaten after, he deserve even more than that, lol.

MT is no.1 on NND which is the most popular site for watching anime. AOT would have been no.1 but it airs on NHK which is the national channel, so everyone has it in Japan, so most probably people are just watching it on TV.

The most disappointing has been Re:zero. The viewership has decreased by a lot in Japan, most probably because there is hardly any Rem and she is the most popular girl in the franchise
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 14, 2021 10:01 PM

Nov 2019
rdturbo said:
Jfs_ said:

MT is no.1 on NND which is the most popular site for watching anime. AOT would have been no.1 but it airs on NHK which is the national channel, so everyone has it in Japan, so most probably people are just watching it on TV.

The most disappointing has been Re:zero. The viewership has decreased by a lot in Japan, most probably because there is hardly any Rem and she is the most popular girl in the franchise
Arc 5 is probably gonna increase that viewership
Feb 14, 2021 10:19 PM

Jun 2015
Playcool said:
I m surprised, I though they were going to rush this volume out, but it seems very much unlikely now considering how much they have to do for volume 2... if they go slower for it, that means volume 3 will have to be rushed no?

Loving seeing Eris brought to life, and has people can already see, she is slowly changing~~

snarat said:
can they stop with the sexual assault?? it ruins the whole anime smh

Oh don't you worry, much later on in the story, Rudeous is the one getting assaulted! xD

vipergod said:
I still dont understand something!Rudes wanted to go to magic school with sylph. Bcuz he didnt want to leave her alone and in order to to that he leaves her alone for 5 years? He leaves a 5 years old for 5 years? That doesn't make any sense to me.

His dad knew he would oppose going away from her, that is why he did what he did, and Rudeous is a logical person so he came to terms with it since that way he will be able to win money for both and will be the best for both to separate for a time.

Again, this was explained, dont think too much about it, there is nothing else to think about.
its 5 years dude! Logically if u leave a 5years old kid for 5 years she might not even remember u!i wonder how many years they will spend in magic school! Cuz if its gonna be less than 5 it will be hilarious
Feb 14, 2021 10:25 PM

Apr 2018
rdturbo said:
Jfs_ said:

nice info, i appreciate it. and about re:zero, yeah that's indeed disappointing.
Feb 14, 2021 10:25 PM
Aug 2015
vipergod said:
Playcool said:

its 5 years dude! Logically if u leave a 5years old kid for 5 years she might not even remember u!i wonder how many years they will spend in magic school! Cuz if its gonna be less than 5 it will be hilarious

Rudy doesn't have much of a choice. Its explained in the novels but the people who actually initiated the conversation with Paul was Sylphie's parents. According to them their daughter was becoming too dependent on Rudy. She would just keep talking about him at home as well.

Paul saw similar things with Rudy as well. So both set of parents make a conscious decision to separate the two forcefully. We are only seeing Rudy's side in the anime, but on Sylphie's side she becomes distraught. However, it also forces her to take her life in her own hands and become independent. I don't wanna spoil it too much.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 14, 2021 10:29 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Rudy is exactly like his father, lewd.

NOOOO NOT THE ELIXIR. Eris is learning magic, reading, and math pretty fast.
Feb 14, 2021 10:49 PM

Aug 2019
man I just wanted to read people’s thoughts about this episode but it seems a whole war broke out over it, a shame honestly
Feb 14, 2021 11:20 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode, only sad thing is that we won't get to see Sylphie again for a while, she was my favourite character
Feb 14, 2021 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
Degeneral said:
Great episode, only sad thing is that we won't get to see Sylphie again for a while, she was my favourite character

yeah it will be a long while before she shows up again... maybe season 3 of MT in the future or 1st cour of second season. i don't know how to call it now. maybe ovas to show her after a certain major event in maybe episode 7, 8 or 9...???
Feb 14, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2011
From what saw as anime-only viewer as of now. I have a feeling that the girl Rudeus loves the most is Sylphiette. Of course at the end of the series it might turn out otherwise. Episode 4 for example, It's just how his mood looks when he was thinking of his "masterplan" for Sylphiette's future, rolling happily on his bed while hugging his pillow and giggling saying her name outloud, "Sylphie~!"
One of his happiest time in his new home, overcoming his past trauma thanks to Roxy, so he can be more honest about his personal feelings in private and he gets to live this new life like a video game he played and also as Prerudy, longed for years for a "hot girl" to move in his house and make out.

And "Prerudy" is what I'm going to call him from now on, the one before he became Rudeus Grayrat.

I imagine Eris is going to be punching Rudeus for years like it's one of her everyday exercise, so it is hard to guess that Eris is his favorite. Cannot buy "Dere" for money and going to work hard to earn the "Dere" sounds like a complete joke to me compared to motivations for Sylphiette.
With Roxy, no telling since she herself giving the teasers of "After ten years, maybe". Rudeus may simply love her, but that is kind of it I guess.
Feb 15, 2021 12:20 AM

Jun 2015
Starhammer said:

I think you might want to backtrack a little on how you phrased that,as there will probably be some backlash from the white knights ;)

On the other note,I think the title of next weeks episode indicates that that will be about Eris's birthday party,since its quite a big point in Eris's growth.
Oh damn,now I've gone and done it as well :)

Oh shoot, man. I'm going to get crucified because of that, aren't I?

testamentKAISER said:

Feb 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Oct 2016
The hell happened here lmao.

Anyway, pretty great but slow episode which is fine, gotta chill once in a while. Eris's grandfather is hilarious with his shouting lmao. I did not expect to see pigtail Eris acting all cutesy ever in my life but i'll take it. It's cool that Ghislaine is also learning with them.

Overall pretty wholesome episode, except maybe Rudeus waking up Eris lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 15, 2021 1:50 AM

Nov 2015
Did anyone understand the reference being made when Rudeus starts to call Ghislaine "Raide-"? I've never played either, but could it be a Metal Gear or Mortal Kombat reference? I checked the Seven Seas translation of the LN, but during his internal monologue at this point he calls her "Ryuk" instead.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.