Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2021 10:17 AM
Sep 2008
Is it a spoiler to talk about the ad at the bottom of the page with the LN covers lol. I guess we're going to be in emilia's memories for a few episodes as she goes through the trials?
Jan 20, 2021 10:21 AM

Mar 2018
Romores said:
I can finally have an appreciation for Garfiel.

I was really finding him an obnoxious little d*ck, but now I finally understand what was wrong with him. Looking forward to have him in the party!

INVISIBLE PROVIDENCE WOOHOO!! I really wasn't expecting to see it like this. I wonder how did it happen exactly. Was it just an accident? Did Echidna do something to trigger it? I'm not sure Subaru knew how to activate it.

Can someone explain me what did exactly happen when Subaru stabbed Garf with the jewel? From what I understood, Puck was inside it, so he probably weakened Garf with his mana. By the way, did Emilia realize that, or she was too far away to hear Puck's voice?

Good episode, anyway, but I really can't get used to waiting a week every time!!! 30 minutes per episode is still TOO DAMN SHORT!!!

Puck's voice wasn't actually there for anyone to hear iirc, it was added for the viewer. Since Puck, when he's in the crystal, doesn't speak out loud but telepathically (remember episodes 25 & 39). So it was probably only added for the viewer, or he spoke to Subaru's mind. Also it was said that Puck pretty much ate up Garfiel's mana ("a very hungry kitty").
Jan 20, 2021 10:33 AM
Nov 2020
In all honesty I still don't like Subaru but hey this episode was good. Didn't make me cry like some of you somehow did, but I enjoyed the dialogue between Garfield and Ram a bunch.
Jan 20, 2021 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was really good. Like seriously, its miles ahead of any other isseki at this point.
Jan 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
Jaereku said:
Puck's voice wasn't actually there for anyone to hear iirc, it was added for the viewer. Since Puck, when he's in the crystal, doesn't speak out loud but telepathically (remember episodes 25 & 39). So it was probably only added for the viewer, or he spoke to Subaru's mind. Also it was said that Puck pretty much ate up Garfiel's mana ("a very hungry kitty").

That makes sense.
Jan 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Nov 2014
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
Wonder whose daughter she is? (Satella?)
No one really knows (even LN readers). The theory I'm most convinced for, based on the later part of this cour (not animated yet), is
she died 400 years ago tho :/
Jan 20, 2021 10:39 AM
May 2019
Another 10/10 episode
Jan 20, 2021 10:42 AM
Apr 2020
This ep was Masterpiece,also the glimpse of rem 😭. It made me cry.. i want to see rem
Jan 20, 2021 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
I see now why the first half wasn't that good, they kept the budget for all the good stuff to come.

Can't wait for Emilia's trial.
Jan 20, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta love how dedicated the staff of the series is to Re:Zero. We have 3 thirty minute long episodes straight without the opening so far in the season, all to properly adapt all the content they can. Many light novel adaptations would wish to receive such treatment.

Garfield finally got the closure he needed and joins the party thanks to the power of friendship completing the first trial of the Sanctuary. Now Subaru finally took a powerhouse for his team, and even unlocked the Authority of Sloth of Petelgeuse, even (though for now is not as powerful as Petelgeuse's one).

The meeting between Emilia and Echidna at the end was hype. We are about to re-start best girl competition once again.
Jokes aside, cannot wait to see Emilia's past. It's probably the part of the arc I've been waiting the most.
IllyricusJan 20, 2021 11:16 AM
Jan 20, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2015
Oof, I dislike Garfiel, so I didn't really enjoy this episode all that much.
I'm glad he's more fleshed out as a character now (same goes for Otto and last episode, but I just really don't care about him while I actually don't like Garfiel) and I like him a bit better now tho. The punch-out scene with Subaru and Garfiel was also kinda dumb... I hate it when (male) characters have to punch each other just to convey their emotions (which was unavoidable because of Garfiel's personality, I know, but that's specifically why I don't like him). Those are all very subjective complaints tho ofc!

Subaru's new attack is kinda cool :)
Emilia is definitely growing on me.
Subaru's idea with the words of encouragement on the walls is really sweet, loved that :)

4/5.
StormxNightmareJan 20, 2021 10:55 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 20, 2021 10:50 AM
Jan 2019
ttcchen said:
Plus Ultra!

Finally Invisible Providence has been animated and I can talk about it without spoiling people!
Amazing episode as usual. They adapted Garf's trial pretty damn well. So Garf is just a chuunibyou lmao. Emilia finally revealed her identity. Wonder whose daughter she is? (Satella?) Also, Patrasche best girl!
what is this power actually i don't remember him getting it
Jan 20, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
mozgow said:
No one really knows (even LN readers). The theory I'm most convinced for, based on the later part of this cour (not animated yet), is
It's one of the things that does not add up, but I can think of some explanation for that.
Jan 20, 2021 10:59 AM
Apr 2017
_ayush said:
ttcchen said:
Plus Ultra!

Finally Invisible Providence has been animated and I can talk about it without spoiling people!
Amazing episode as usual. They adapted Garf's trial pretty damn well. So Garf is just a chuunibyou lmao. Emilia finally revealed her identity. Wonder whose daughter she is? (Satella?) Also, Patrasche best girl!

It's his version of the unseen hand ( Petelguese power ), since episode 2 of this season we were told that he had the "sloth witch factor" after he killed Peleguese.
Jan 20, 2021 10:59 AM
Nov 2017
Holy shit. This episode is a fucking blast. Subaru has the Invisible Hand ability unlocked? Something tells me Subaru is gonna be a tough one.

Edit: Wait a minute, the cracked screen. What the hell happened there?
as0biJan 20, 2021 11:06 AM
Jan 20, 2021 11:06 AM
Sep 2008
darkfearie said:
Holy shit. This episode is a fucking blast. Subaru has the Invisible Hand ability unlocked? Something tells me Subaru is gonna be a tough one.

Next up is unlocking Greed WF, gotta catch em all
Jan 20, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2018
mozgow said:
ttcchen said:
It's one of the things that does not add up, but I can think of some explanation for that.

Jan 20, 2021 11:10 AM

Mar 2018
Wow, how does this show produce banger episode after banger episode; this can’t be legal.

Subaru’s resolve to change Garfiel has come full force as he fights against him, uses shamac, unlocks a new ability, and knocks some sense back into Garfiel. What a stand-up guy Subaru has been lately.

Then we got another flashback of a character, this time being Garf, and we get to see his past. The reason he had the scar was that he tried to forget his mother’s love after she “abandoned” him ;’( SO GOOOODD.

Then finally, WHAT THE ECHIDNA AND EMILIA IN FINAL 30 SECONDS???? They can’t keep making these amazing cliff hangers, it's not good for my health.
Jan 20, 2021 11:25 AM
Mar 2020
I’m sorry, did Garf see Subaru jerking off?? Or did I get the whole conversation wrong?

Oct 2020
Haha, only ReZero can pull a 30 minute episode and only Subaru can write a love letter on wall lmao

Sep 2014
Damn Subaru what a dick move against Garf, didn't see that coming lol. Glad he finally got some closure though and finally trust boss Subaru kek.
Was really sweet when he headpatted the Ryuzus.
Ram being Ram, somewhat nicer than usual though heh.
Echidna is back yay and a more determined Emilia, this is going to be good.
Jan 20, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2019
I don’t know what it is about this second season, but it isn’t clicking with me as much as I feel it should. It is a good anime in all aspects, but I am not very invested in this season. I don’t know if it is because there is too much dialogue or character development going on that makes it hard to catch everything, but I didn’t have that problem with the Monogatari series so I don’t know what it could be.
Jan 20, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2019
Finally a good re zero episode
Jan 20, 2021 11:35 AM

Feb 2014
This was just a fantastic episode. Garf has come a long way! Now Emilia has the resolve to stand up to Echinda and face her trial.
LoomyTheBrewJan 20, 2021 11:50 AM
Jan 20, 2021 11:37 AM

Sep 2016
Top 10 bruh moments in anime.
Jan 20, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2017
It was always obvious that there was more to Garfiel than meets the eye and the truth about his angry and aggressive attitude is just so heartbreaking; he's just a guy trying to protect himself from the sadness and loneliness that almost consumed him as a kid. I'm glad he's team Subaru now!

That ending was awesome! Loved seeing Emilia channel her inner Subaru whilst confronting Echidna. The way it was so casually revealed that she's a witch's daughter was mind-blowing, but just WHICH witch's daughter is she? Such a sweet moment when we found out why Subaru left her that night too... he's too precious!
Jan 20, 2021 11:55 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
santi170101 said:
I’m sorry, did Garf see Subaru jerking off?? Or did I get the whole conversation wrong?
he saw him writing the love letters for her when he left emilia and broke the promise
EMT

Jan 20, 2021 11:56 AM
Jan 2019
foxyahoo said:
_ayush said:

It's his version of the unseen hand ( Petelguese power ), since episode 2 of this season we were told that he had the "sloth witch factor" after he killed Peleguese.
ohh right now i remember the witch factor being transferred to him after the previous host died.
Jan 20, 2021 11:57 AM
Sep 2008
Faryd said:
santi170101 said:
he saw him writing the love letters for her when he left emilia and broke the promise

He literally saw the words of encouragement when he was in the room for his trial.
Jan 20, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
MaouHero said:
Jan 20, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Garfiel development, this was great. Honestly never hated him but he was difficult to understand but now that he threw everything into the open by Subaru's pressure, I like him. The scar is surprisingly self inflicted and not a battle scar I initially thought. I am surprised to hear that Garfiel is actually so young, only turning 14 soon. He really is just a kid.

Loving Subaru's new power!

Emilia face to face with Echidna, now that's gonna be exciting. I do love how Echidna spared NO CHILL at all when she was burning Emilia on THAT moment in the graveyard.

Honestly can't wait to see what they will be saying to each other. I mean, other than the Witch's daughter was no longer surprising as it was dead obvious at this point.
Jan 20, 2021 12:02 PM

May 2018
MaouHero said:

It's just that witches are equivalent to Sin Archbishop, so someone 400 years ago calling her a witch wouldn't be unlikely.
Jan 20, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2020
Witch's Daughter? The question being which witch.

Why do I feel like Emilia set a death flag when she told Subaru that they'd talk things over once she finishes the trial. Hopefully, I'm wrong and they become official.

The messages Subaru wrote that Garf noticed were a nice touch.
Jan 20, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2018
I bet $100 that we'll get no opening this season, even though the op song has been released haha. Garfiel really is an idiot lol. I still can't believe he is 14 though :O
Jan 20, 2021 12:13 PM

Mar 2018
Romores said:
Jaereku said:

That makes sense.

Also wait I just rewatched and Subaru says "Apparently, even when you can't talk, you find a way to be annoying by glowing" at 8:44. So yeah Puck's words didn't really reach anyone, the crystal was just glowing to them lol
Jan 20, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see the OP or ED segments being used at all until the end of this season. Knowing me, I might get that prediction completely wrong and the OP/ED will appear next week, knowing my luck. XD

Either way, White Fox did an outstanding job with this episode, which was 29 and a half minutes of powerful confrontations, moving backstories and even some funny moments thrown in as well.

Subaru was brave enough to stand his ground against Garfiel and despite taking a solid fist to the face, he used his powers to strike back with a beautiful uppercut. If that wasn't enough, Patrasche came in like Thomas the Tank Engine and smashed Garfiel to finish off the fight for good.

Both Subaru and Garfiel were treated to a lap pillow from Emilia and Ram respectively and Subaru gave his tanks to Otto by rugby-tackling him to show how worried he was. After that came Garfiel's trial and it didn't hold back on the sadness one bit. His backstory was a sad one, but I'm happy that he was able to overcome the trial and come out of it with a much more positive attitude.

Not only is he smiling like a good boy he's now become, but I do like how he admitted to Subaru that he saw him and Emilia kiss, which left Subaru really embarrassed. X3

We still had to end the episode on a cliffhanger, as Emilia is now confronting Echidna in her trial. i do look forward to seeing how Emilia gets on and, hopefully, she'll be successful this time.
Jan 20, 2021 12:15 PM

Mar 2018
darkfearie said:

Edit: Wait a minute, the cracked screen. What the hell happened there?

The cracked screen means he finally completely shattered his magic gate (which was already pretty beat up after Season 1). So he might've gained the Unseen Hand but he can't use magic anymore ever. The cost of victory.
Jan 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Aug 2020
Another entertaining episode, and to top it all off it was 29 minutes long. Never thought I would see the day where garf starts breaking down. And we got to see some more echidna, even if it was just for a second. Can't wait for the next one.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 20, 2021 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode of this season in my opinion. Loved every minute of it. Probably because it felt like we've finally found the light at the end of the tunnel!
Jan 20, 2021 1:01 PM
Dec 2018
We're being BLESSED with extended runtime to properly adapt more content, and some of you complaining about lack of OP/ED, lol...

Just think how much money the producers must be burning to avoid the regular TV commercials time. Let's appreciate that. Even if they show op/ed in only one episode that would enough, you can play it on repeat non-stop on youtube afterwards.

Farabeuf said:
That kind of up tempo song with loud vocals was very distracting and kind of took away my sense of awe at the situation. It would have been much, much better with no music at all actually.

If you pay attention, they only raised the volume of the vocals when it wasn't obstructing any important/deep dialog anymore. For me it was EPIC. The timing was perfect and the song fitted my jaw dropping on the new attack. It was a powerful moment with a powerful song.

Marinate1016 said:
Garf calls Subaru “boss” in the anime, but in the LN it’s “general”

Probably just a sub thing. Is the Japanese word used by the voice actor the same? (sounds like 隊長) that's all that matters. I checked different sub languages on crunchyroll and the only one that seemed to got it right was Spanish (they used "captain" instead of "boss")
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 20, 2021 1:08 PM
Sep 2019
I loved how the episode made me sad to laughing too excited. It was a rollercoaster of emotions lol. I starting to think I'm team Emila. Echidna is acting jealous....
Jan 20, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2020
There's always A LOT to unpack whenever a new Re:Zero episode comes out. This episode alone I can't make a post without churning two long paragraphs.

So we have the fight between Subaru and Garfiel, where our boy confronts Gar for his insecurities and broken past. And when Garfiel turns to the attack, Subaru somehow awakens an unseen hand and knocked out Far with a HARD uppercut, sending the man down cold...also I love when Patrasche hits Garfiel hard in the body. It reminds me of when Truck-kun isekai'd the protagonist of Zombieland Saga.

We then get some lap pillows again from Emilia, while Ram does the same for Garfiel. Of course, Ram and Garfiel had a serious one-on-one talk, and this is when Garfiel finally realized it and proceeds with his own trial. We saw his past, what his mother's true intentions for her ill-fated departure and the realization that Garfiel really needs all these years. And he has changed from the on, being a happy boi and is actually Subaru's junior..woah wait WTH?! He's 14?!! Wow, that is an unexpected age.

Well anyways we got another chummy scene between Emilia and Subaru, looks like Emilia teased Subaru a bit there, atleast they're getting another date again after this arc. And the reason why Subaru left Emilia is because he desperately wrote markings inside the graveyard's walls, that was a weird yet nice move from our boi Subaru, looks like that will help Emilia a bit for her 2nd trial.

And after all that, we get another point...ECHIDONA IS BACK BABY! Echidna meeting with Emilia is amazing, haven't seen potential best girl for a very long while now. And even after all that highlights, we got the reveal that Emilia is actually a witch's daughter, The Frozen Witch. This series just keeps us giving more than we deserved.
Jan 20, 2021 1:24 PM
Apr 2018
when I usually rate an episode let's say as a 5 I always accept that there maybe be people who disagree with my opinion (AOT for an example)
BUT when it comes to this episode specifically I just can't comprehend why would anyone hate it..no matter how I look at it it's probably best episode for me personally so far in the series, the animation and the artstyle felt new and fresh this episode, a perfect use of OST, a great story to tell, and last but not least one of the best( if not THE best) character development I've seen in anime so far.
I always was team Emilia but duuuude this was way too much for my heart.
I have no reason to give this anything less than a 10\10 . perfectly well done
Jan 20, 2021 1:24 PM
Nov 2015
Romores said:
I can finally have an appreciation for Garfiel.

I was really finding him an obnoxious little d*ck, but now I finally understand what was wrong with him. Looking forward to have him in the party!

INVISIBLE PROVIDENCE WOOHOO!! I really wasn't expecting to see it like this. I wonder how did it happen exactly. Was it just an accident? Did Echidna do something to trigger it? I'm not sure Subaru knew how to activate it.

Can someone explain me what did exactly happen when Subaru stabbed Garf with the jewel? From what I understood, Puck was inside it, so he probably weakened Garf with his mana. By the way, did Emilia realize that, or she was too far away to hear Puck's voice?

Good episode, anyway, but I really can't get used to waiting a week every time!!! 30 minutes per episode is still TOO DAMN SHORT!!!

Echidona body liquid awaken those Subaru witch factor.
Jan 20, 2021 1:51 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, that was a brilliant episode. Only downside to this near perfect episode is when they showed Rem's (remember her) face for a fraction of a second. We've moved on from this side character tbh....
Jan 20, 2021 1:53 PM

Sep 2020
This was quite simply the best Re:Zero episode to date.
Emotional rollercoaster, with a satisfying finish.

I never thought I would say this, but Re:Zero Season 2 Part 2 is on it's way to a 10/10 if it keeps this up. Can't wait for the next episode.

Another positive note, the ED 'memento' is one of the (if not) best endings I have ever heard. I really hope they keep this one.
Jan 20, 2021 2:00 PM
Jan 2021
Best boy was revealed to be 13. My hopes and dreams crashed down, my inner denial was so vibrant, it echoed inside my head. After a while, my mind went blank and the only thought that that wasn’t muffled behind the reverb of my agony sounded like this:
-I guess this is it now isn’t it? ... i’m off to the slammer. what a shame that he was so hot. at least Goujou-Sensei from JJK remains legal.-
Jan 20, 2021 2:03 PM
Jul 2020
What an episode, what an episode. Emotional, thrilling, fun with a sprinkle of romance to top it all off, great animation and score and a tremendous job (as usual) from the VA. Whoa, just whoa. It is really a good time to be a Re-zero fan. 11/10. ( I rushed to change my score after seeing it but I already gave it a 10, silly me)
Jan 20, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2020
This episode was so good I cried watching it, re zero really is something special.
check out odd taxi
Jan 20, 2021 2:09 PM
Jul 2020
This was best ep. Sooo far. I eat chips when warching this and it was soo great that i dont remember when i eat that, chips disappear in passion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

19 by QcDiablo »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.