Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, they're moving some scenes around. I don't if I like it or not yet, we will see how they handle it. Nonetheless I really enjoyed the episode and we are nearing one of my favorite moments of the show can't wait.
Jan 16, 2021 7:43 AM

Oct 2020
SogiitaGunha said:
Nobara98 said:

Okay, let me ask who in the manga got more development than Nino??

No one, the closest one is Miku but obviously Nino has had the most development than Miku and the one who has the least development is Itsuki.

Put down your Nino glasses and learn what development means, developing as a person means.

Obviously, development is a sort of change, which could be negative as well, but regarding talks like this, we talk about only positive changes.

The harsh truth is that outside of Miku, neither of the quints got any sort of development. They are constant characters with different issues, but solving their issues didn't change them in any visible, significant way, where you can wave the development card positively for them. This answers your question that it is indeed Miku who is the most development quint bar none.

Ichika is the same character at the end of the work. Her issue was dishonesty, using underhanded methods and the juggle between school and work. The story bended to everyone quickly forgiving her misdeeds. In the penultimate chapter she still jokes about doing stuff that caused them trouble in the past.

Nino is the same character at the end of the work or she even regressed. Becoming Marika 2.0 doesn't mean she improved or changed in any way as person. Everyone in the school perceives her in the same way, she is still hot-headedly picks up confrontations with others purely based on her pride and momentarily emotions. Next episode has the leaving the nest talk, and you know, she failed. Not only that, she even changed her university choice last minute in connection to that, because she couldn't handle being all alone, yet made that speech. She could have embraced the change. She even semi-guilt tripped Fuutarou in ch. 93, how she will be all alone as everyone will be going their seperate ways eventually, but nope, she couldn't bear that, she had to cling to Miku. Her daddy issues was mostly solved by Fuutarou because somehow she gave up after simply sending a letter to their father, but never attempted to straight up go to the hospital and talk things out with him once and for all.

Miku as I said is easily the most developed quint bar none. Her demeanor became smiley, positive, instead of the deadpan face. She found her future aspiration instead of sitting on her ass, moping around. She became courageous and determined enough to handle fights where she is fed up with how others cause trouble and can solve such scenarios easily. No wonder she is the only quint who got positive words from Fuutarou in the last chapter, while the rest got roasted hard or get straight-up shitted on.

Yotsuba is the same character at the end of the work. And no, she didn't have to learn to be selfish, as Negi was idiotic enough to show us the flashback and her POV, and let's not talk about some other things. She always did selfish things with the facade of being selfless. But even after everyone gave her a talk, and I mean everyone, she still have doubts about doing the right things or how can she be happy if she does selfish things. Smh.

Itsuki is the same character at the end of the work. A glutton, whose mommy issues got solved. At least she found her aspiration, although that also heavily mommy inspired. That's it. Her romantic side is the biggest middle finger from the writer to her fans.

If you have read this through, you may think I was unfairly harsh, but it's just my opinion, so no hard feelings.
I understand the meaning of development, and this is the development of Nino, who at first you all haters Nino called her a bitch for her then she changed 180 ° after the Motorcycle Arc. If you are a manga reader you will definitely understand my point, because it seems you are quite biased here by saying that only Miku gets development between quints so I will also be a little biased here to support my favorite girl. this my reason why i think Nino is best girl. After cutting her hair to medium-length after their summer break, it's like she grew 10x more than the other quints and even brought the other fans over to Nino's side. She confesses her feelings to Futaro, becomes very aggressive in her efforts, and even stops having too much of an attitude with him.

She musters up her courage to ask him if he wants a body wash --albeit it's fruitless because he doesn't recognize her with short hair -- and tells the other quints she's going to win the competition for Futaro's heart. Despite starting on a rocky road of tsundereness, Nino has gained the right to be called a best girl through her tireless efforts.

Note: No need to quote me because I only convey my opinion to all of you Nino haters, if you don't agree with my point I don't care because I still think Nino is the best girl in this show.
Jan 16, 2021 8:56 AM
Jun 2014
^I don't quote you, no worries.

Listen, development doesn't mean it should entirely focus on how the heroine changes her attitude regarding the protagonist. If it would be that case, tsundere writers would definitely jack off to each other how hate turning into love is the greatest development of all time. Turning a 180° is sure as hell amusing, but her fundamental character doesn't change for the better. She develops feelings for the protagonist, but is still the same character, nothing have changed. Getting the most desperate attempts to romance the protagonist doesn't equal to having the most development. I already said my piece regarding this. Peace! Miku checks the development marks with flying colors, unlike the rest. No need to pretend it's not true.
Jan 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2017
Nino deserved that slap cause she was just plain rude to Futaro! He handmade all those study packs for them and she heartlessly ripped it. I feel like if Futaro could just understand Nino's issue then he'd be able to reunite the sisters once and for all.
Jan 16, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2011
Nobara98 said:
]I understand the meaning of development, and this is the development of Nino, who at first you all haters Nino called her a bitch for her then she changed 180 ° after the Motorcycle Arc. If you are a manga reader you will definitely understand my point, because it seems you are quite biased here by saying that only Miku gets development between quints so I will also be a little biased here to support my favorite girl. this my reason why i think Nino is best girl. After cutting her hair to medium-length after their summer break, it's like she grew 10x more than the other quints and even brought the other fans over to Nino's side. She confesses her feelings to Futaro, becomes very aggressive in her efforts, and even stops having too much of an attitude with him.

She musters up her courage to ask him if he wants a body wash --albeit it's fruitless because he doesn't recognize her with short hair -- and tells the other quints she's going to win the competition for Futaro's heart. Despite starting on a rocky road of tsundereness, Nino has gained the right to be called a best girl through her tireless efforts.

Note: No need to quote me because I only convey my opinion to all of you Nino haters, if you don't agree with my point I don't care because I still think Nino is the best girl in this show.

I'm not a manga reader so I can only say things that I've seen in the anime.

> confesses her feelings to Futaro
I mean Miku has been trying to do that since S1

> becomes very aggressive in her efforts
Nino has always been aggressive though, it's just that her aggression just switched sides from trying to get MC to leave (going as far as drugging him in S1) to trying to get his affection after all the bad things she has done.

> even stops having too much of an attitude with him
well you can't win someones affection if you act like a total jerk to them so I think that's a given.

Depending on her reason on why she's acting like a total snob I don't think I'll ever grow to like her even if she does go 180. :/
Jan 16, 2021 8:29 PM

Oct 2020
ImmortalZero said:
Nobara98 said:
]I understand the meaning of development, and this is the development of Nino, who at first you all haters Nino called her a bitch for her then she changed 180 ° after the Motorcycle Arc. If you are a manga reader you will definitely understand my point, because it seems you are quite biased here by saying that only Miku gets development between quints so I will also be a little biased here to support my favorite girl. this my reason why i think Nino is best girl. After cutting her hair to medium-length after their summer break, it's like she grew 10x more than the other quints and even brought the other fans over to Nino's side. She confesses her feelings to Futaro, becomes very aggressive in her efforts, and even stops having too much of an attitude with him.

I'm not a manga reader so I can only say things that I've seen in the anime.

> confesses her feelings to Futaro
I mean Miku has been trying to do that since S1

> becomes very aggressive in her efforts
Nino has always been aggressive though, it's just that her aggression just switched sides from trying to get MC to leave (going as far as drugging him in S1) to trying to get his affection after all the bad things she has done.

> even stops having too much of an attitude with him
well you can't win someones affection if you act like a total jerk to them so I think that's a given.

Depending on her reason on why she's acting like a total snob I don't think I'll ever grow to like her even if she does go 180. :/
May I refute your first point, I don't agree with that a little. A bit spoiler but no worries this isn't a big spoiler.

Although she isn't the first to confess, Nino is the first to successfully confess her feelings to Futaro in Chapter 59 of the Scrambled Eggs arc. Although throughout the chapter Nino tries to deny the fact she may be in love with Futaro, as they ride together on his motorcycle, she confesses as she's speaking about how it will get lonelier since they all passed their exams.

Nino's confession is also the most "confession like" one of the series, with Miku's being one word, Nino pointing at him and stating "love"
Jan 16, 2021 9:33 PM
Oct 2019
Miku defending Fuutarou was cute..
That's why she is best Girl 😏

Nino deserve that slap...
That's disrecpect towards Fuutarou, he writing all the paper by himself...

As expected Itsuki choosing Fuutarou house, That's cute..

Oh boy so many drama this episode and what was that, the girl???
Are Fuutarou just imagined that?
Jan 17, 2021 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
damn I'd fucking rape that gal until she realizes that her problems are nothing but a speck on da world, but then again those problems are her world. Which justifies the raping ROFL anyways damn this was a bit suffocating.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 17, 2021 1:03 PM

Feb 2008

That expression.

On another note, Fuutarou's conversation with the mystery sibling must have been intriguing. Hopefully we will find out more next week.
Jan 18, 2021 9:52 AM
May 2020
bruh this episode was iffy and felt rushed for some reason and how everything was exaggerated from a single slap felt off. I don't know what to say about this episode but i still found enjoyment in it nonetheless. meh
Jan 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Jul 2014
You know, besides the fact that Miku is best girl, I think Itsuki is right there at the top with her. Unlike Nino, she's the kind of tsundere who's likeable and has a nice chemistry with Futaro... plus, Inori Minase of course. That slap was great btw.

Did Futaro throw himself into the river and hallucinate a sextuplet? lol. She even has a different va xD. Yotsuba was acting weird at the end.
Jan 19, 2021 1:39 AM

Oct 2013
Fuck Yotsuba, dude looks like he's about to cut his wrists while soaked and shit and you say see ya!?!
Just go pogo stick a black dick you cunt.
Jan 19, 2021 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
Holy hell, Nino is being such trash now, just wow! She's being really embarrassing to herself and to her sisters, and the thing she knows that she's doing bad, but she still does it, like wtf. It's either one of the two, she will have a redemption arc (has to be a really good one), or she will stay as the worst of them all till the end of the anime.

Also, i do wonder if what Fuutarou saw was real or not, i mean the 6th sister?
Tbh i don't get how he has the patience to put up with them, at least Itsuki thinks about the stuff and i guess in this season she's becoming the closest to Uesugi.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 20, 2021 3:44 AM
Oct 2020
kiwixcoke said:
I absolutely loved this episode, and can't wait for the next one. So much damm tension, plus Fuutarou meeting the girl from his childhood randomly?? Very interesting..

I Love too.

This chance meeting with the girl was at a time when he particularly needed help. Therefore, it appears to be an illusion.

Quintuplets are rare, so they may be of interest to many people. So the doctor can only be a friend. I rushed with the doctor when I said he must be their father (Ep1).

Kind.

LnllJan 20, 2021 4:06 AM
Jan 20, 2021 5:50 AM
Jun 2020
DrMicrobiota said:
Well, as a manga reader, that was pretty dissapointing.

It was so rushed compared to the manga, they even had to skip chapters which were crucial (Labor Thanksgiving day arc + conversation with the girl Fuutatou met 5 years ago).
I certainly don't get it and I'm hoping to see this chapters animated somehow in the future.

So after all, it seems that quantity rules over quality and that's a big no-no for me. This is definetly not what I've been waiting for.

As a guy who doesn't read manga often,
I think it was a great episode. I also think that it's important to remember that this isn't the manga, but merely based off of it. Don't you think it would be more boring, if it was word for word the exact same thing?
Jan 21, 2021 4:13 AM

Oct 2017
Wow they skipped like 4/5 chapters there and started the seven goodbyes arc. Iirc the missing chapters were really important too.

As for the episode Nino being tsundere is nothing new but ye she can be pretty annoying at times specially in these early manga chapters but the wait will be worth it cause her arc was amazing.

Fuutarou finally met the girl he met long ago. Which one of the quints is it? Heh anime only people get ready for a huge suprise.
Jan 21, 2021 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
After watching only the second episode of this season, I'm starting to like Itsuki a lot.

I didn't like what Nino did to those papers, even though Fuutarou spends a lot of effort on it. I also can't wait to see her arc get animated. It's going to be on hell of a ride.

Jan 21, 2021 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Nino is str8 trash, idgaf what excuses the manga readers give. She was trash all last season with no reason to be, and she's looking to be trash this season as well. They better make with the 'tragic backstory that justifies her tsudere nature' real quick or she's gonna be relegated to the trash pile forever.
TigersAndDragonsOct 3, 2021 5:22 PM
Jan 21, 2021 3:00 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this episode. I like how they adapted this nino scene from the manga into a really good anime scene. As a nino follower, this episode was just so good
Jan 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Feb 2019
I wonder who's the girl that showed up
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 22, 2021 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
Zee530 said:
I'm such a dumbass, i'm only now realizing after watching the OP that the girls names actually have the numbers 1-5 in them.

- Ichi(1)ka
- Ni(2)No
- Mi(3)ku
- Yotsu(4)ba
- Itsu(5)ki

Wow, nice detail, I don't know about this.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 28, 2021 3:08 AM

Mar 2009
Reading this thread is yet another reminder of how moderation is non-existent on this site. Bizarrely angry posts in this thread, slurs included. I also like how manga readers are just outright spoiling everything lol.

On topic, I enjoyed this episode much better than the first one. Sweet, sweet drama.
Jan 29, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2016
I can understand Nino, the frustration that not being important, of not being that special person for the people you love, that someone comes out of nowhere to take the place that you fought so hard to have, that those people who were by your side take sides of the other person, being surrounded by people but feeling alone. Everyone only thinks of Futaro, and no one has bothered to think of her, she is the most sentimental of her but her sisters treat her like a temperamental selfish bully.
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Feb 3, 2021 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
He wrote the notes and tests for every sister.... Damn that's some dedication!!

Nino is acting like a spoilt child.....

So
is finally here!! It's gonna be fun now!!

Feb 5, 2021 9:59 PM

Jan 2019
Well, if they wanted to keep me invested, teasing the mystery sister from his childhood meeting him again is just the way to do it.

This dude cares about these sisters and his studies so much- you'd have to think romance is the furthest thing from his mind.
Feb 8, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2020
Bruh those broads are so fucking annoying.
Like bruh
Focus on your damn exams
Feb 13, 2021 9:01 PM

Aug 2018
Nino maybe annoying and bratty this episode but she will redeem herself in the future.

Itsuki and Miku are pretty sweet i want one of them to win in the end but knowing the ending ehhh i hope this anime get an original ending. I know all of them are worthy especially the girl who won in the manga but these 2 had been futaros side since the beginning.

But if you ask me personally i want Nino to win lol
NINO IS BEST GIRL!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 18, 2021 4:28 PM

Jul 2019
Damn, when will Nino stfu fr. Idc about her insecurities, these kind of people just wouldn't make sense lol. Good thing she is in an anime or I would want to slap her too lol.

Futarou trying to be a father figure was something tho. Wonder who that ending girl was.
Mar 27, 2021 4:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this episode was hard to watch, Uesugi is such a good boy.
Apr 1, 2021 2:31 PM
Feb 2018
Yotsuba is best girl kind to a fault
Apr 1, 2021 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
So much for nothing going wrong...

Nino deserved to be slap in this episode. She can be extremely unreasonable.

The girl from five years ago suddenly appearing felt really random. It's definitely one of the sisters in disguise. Most likely Itsuki. Although I don't think she's the same one from 5 years ago.
Apr 12, 2021 1:08 AM
Mar 2021
Oooo that slap tho
Apr 12, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2012
G_Spark233 said:
So much for nothing going wrong...

Nino deserved to be slap in this episode. She can be extremely unreasonable.

The girl from five years ago suddenly appearing felt really random. It's definitely one of the sisters in disguise. Most likely Itsuki. Although I don't think she's the same one from 5 years ago.

only1 that can pull that act off is
https://myanimelist.net/character/161470/Ichika_Nakano
Apr 16, 2021 2:32 AM
Mar 2018
nino is a bitch. glad that girl slapped her haha. well deserved. also who tf is that girl at the end?
Apr 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Feb 2014
all this drama are sooooo forced and exagerated ... uncalled for. Forced way to catch attention
May 4, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2014
I knew that they won't be studying when he enters :D
That fight was nicely animated and thought out.

That phone on Nino breasts made me laugh :D

This is too predictable it was so obvious from the moment he stood in the doorway that Itsuki is at his house and there she was :D

One thing I don't understand is that girl i pink hair, grown up supposed to be one of the five sisters. Then he jumps. Was it hallucination? Very strange and bad way to make the story go on with then Nino letting him dry in her room...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 9, 2021 9:40 PM

Jul 2020
Lots of drama and lots of yawns.
May 23, 2021 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
Was wondering if anyone knows when the next dubbed episode of this comes out. It was supposed to be every thursday but last week was skipped and I cant find anything on the internet as to why. If anyone happens to know please quote this I would appreciate it.
Jun 10, 2021 3:32 AM
Jul 2019
Come on Brother, this episode was so sad and we have another week until we see the sequel 😥😭💔
Nov 14, 2021 2:53 AM

Jun 2020
Yeah not everything is going in Futarou's way now that the best girl is quarreling over the best girl wait what and then the best girl came in and slapped the best girl while the two best girls watching is shocked about what's happening and the best girl slaps the best girl back, what the actual fuc-

Well I do agree Futarou gave his all while preparing the review papers that he handed and I don't know why Nino's bitching about it but I guess her quarrel with Miku didn't help that, Expected that Itsuki will stay at Futarou's home while I'm denying it like where would she go

Wow that "long awaited girl" appeared right in Futarou's eyes I didn't expect that while he falls casually in the water, Nino can be a bit bitchy on the inside but we'll wait slowly then she'll warm up a bit.

And to add things a bit Futarou's reactions to this episode fuckin hilarious like he can't take this shit no more and what the fuck is their dad doing at this time of moment like how irresponsible can he be to pass his family problems in a guy that studies his libido off like come on oh wait that was the start of the series was lik- oh well.
KanezushiNov 14, 2021 2:57 AM
Nov 30, 2021 6:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, here we go again, Nino the tsundere got a lot of attention she needed. I just feel like its about time there's something more on her behaviour. But holy shit that's already offside, you girl. Glad that Itsuki showed some good action. Still, the girl on jealousy keep a high ground, until someone surrender. But, looks like its been a fun too for Nino seeing Fuutarou acted all the way like that. Remembering something? Until she might realized, Fuutarou might be on his limit. Dere time!

Enough with Nino, Itsuki had her moment too with Fuutarou, trying to be mother figure while in fact she's the last within them. Interesting how Fuutarou role keep changing, from the unknown dude, to their tutor, partner (in crime, jk), friend (idk), and the latest, father. Keep em more coming, Fuutarou!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2022 11:01 PM

Oct 2014
This episode threw me off so badly, something feels wrong here. Not sure if it's the weird pacing or the drama that felt kinda forced.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Jun 25, 2022 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
This episode made me confirm that Itsuki is truly the best girl. I know Miku is sweet and all but Itsuki totally developed.

Jul 11, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2022
back to square 1 in the tutoring lol
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 28, 2022 5:11 AM
Jul 2022
Why episode premium?
Jul 28, 2022 6:07 AM

Jun 2021
I feel the pain inside Futaro. Staying up all night just to do the sheets for them to take.
Jul 28, 2022 6:08 AM

Jun 2021
I like how Itsuki is now respecting Fuutaous efforts lol.
Aug 10, 2022 10:14 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, I've been fully backing Miku since S1, but damn, I'm starting to like Itsuki too to the point of them being in a tie. Nino is a PITA, but that's what makes her interesting too. She's a very close 2nd for me.
Aug 26, 2022 2:01 PM
Nov 2021
Um episódio com um clima mais sério e mostrando resultados da convivência das irmãs com o protagonista
Oct 6, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
I felt so sorry for Futaro when they revealed that he handwrote the problem sets Nino tore up. Kinda a neat surprise that it's a Nino VS Itsuki arc instead of a Nino VS Miku one, though.

Speaking of Itsuki, man. I can't lie to myself anymore. She's the actual best girl. Her maturity rivals Ichika's and her chemistry with Futaro is satisfyingly natural. It also helps that she's the closest to Raiha and that her thing with food and being easily scared is genuinely hilarious. But of course, Miku's still a close second.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

269 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

222 by 98Guan »»
Aug 23, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.