Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 13, 2020 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Face reveal of Gojou sensei was pretty lame. I thought he was going to have some badass face with a bunch of scars and colored eyes. Got the colored eyes part right, but the blindfold defiantly suits him better.

Fight scenes and animation were all really, really good.

The new character introduced is pretty interesting. I wonder what role he's going to play as one of the antagonists.
Nov 13, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
Fridays have the two best for me. Wandering Witch and this fine piece of shounen art (comedy can cut back, though).

If Elaina is unanimously Best Girl of Fall 2020, then Gojou is definitely Best Boy. His face reveal was lovely.

I like how his Infinity ability works and how practical it is. Looks like the bad guys have to make an elaborate plan to seal him, not defeat him.
Nov 13, 2020 3:25 PM
Oct 2020
Kaasfondue said:
Lol, even some of the smaller fights in KnY were much better executed than this. Fail to see the hype as this show doesn't care about decently building anything up, it just feels like random shit thrown together. Still a good watch but meh.

Ofcool2947 said:
Very good episode, gojo really has a good domain that looks reality breaking, the animation is great but the art style looks a bit plain for gojo’s unblindfold appearance, the manga made him look sharp but the anime looks meh, including also, i didn’t really see this fight’s hype as much as i did with KNY ep 19 fight, the animation was good but it’s just that ufotable did something about KNY that made it special, mappa is good at animation and decent on art style but i wish they’d enhance the character designs like how ufotable does it or kyo ani, but not a big deal, i’m pretty sure it’ll fix up over the rest of the season, mahito is finally here, can’t wait to see what that asshole is gonna do.

There's nothing wrong with the char designs man... Is the style of MAPPA.

The art of Kimetsu is being desenvolved yet... Same as Attack on Titan S1.

MAPPA has the art finished. Why you guys have a problem with MAPPA char designs?!

There's nothing to be "fix".
Nov 13, 2020 3:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The sound track that was playing during the Gojou and Jogo was amazing and we finally get a chance to see Gojou's Domain Expansion The Infinite Void.
Nov 13, 2020 3:32 PM
Oct 2020
z7ProSpyce said:
Kaasfondue said:
Lol, even some of the smaller fights in KnY were much better executed than this. Fail to see the hype as this show doesn't care about decently building anything up, it just feels like random shit thrown together. Still a good watch but meh.

Ofcool2947 said:
Very good episode, gojo really has a good domain that looks reality breaking, the animation is great but the art style looks a bit plain for gojo’s unblindfold appearance, the manga made him look sharp but the anime looks meh, including also, i didn’t really see this fight’s hype as much as i did with KNY ep 19 fight, the animation was good but it’s just that ufotable did something about KNY that made it special, mappa is good at animation and decent on art style but i wish they’d enhance the character designs like how ufotable does it or kyo ani, but not a big deal, i’m pretty sure it’ll fix up over the rest of the season, mahito is finally here, can’t wait to see what that asshole is gonna do.

MAPPA has the art finished. Why you guys have a problem with MAPPA char designs?!

There's nothing wrong with Gojō. He is in the right proportions with your body.

The Manga is like ...

Hey I have 17 years!!! And my face didin't fit with my previous design.
Nov 13, 2020 3:32 PM

Apr 2020
davisgn2 said:
Kaasfondue said:

So lazy and poorly made conflicts are better than a really interesting battle that introduces the enemy cast with an interesting characterization of their motivation and continues to build the world and powers in a well done and creative way?

You would have to inform me on what's so much more interesting about JJK. Mt.Fuji curse dude is just as interesting as any other low-level demon in DS, maybe even less so. The battle was boring, I like the concept of Domains but will have to see two actual opponents against each other (not god vs newbie).

This story literally has a MC who's OP as fuck from the start, how is this not lazy? He's naturally a god at everything he does for some inexplicable reason (oh wait reveal coming soon woooh). And don't get me started on how poorly introduced the side characters are, especially the girl's backstory in episode 3 was so bad. It's like the author just threw them in fast so we know they exist and will eventually see them do something cool later on instead of making us care about them.

Imo, I find DS to actually be better written so far. At least there was a sense of natural progression. I really don't understand how you can like this but not DS. Some fandom wars going on here.

@z7ProSpyce I didn't say anything about the art, why did you quote me? All I alluded to is that it's ridiculous to compare DS ep 19 with this. Like just NO. Both visually and writing wise this was a few levels below.
KaasfondueNov 13, 2020 3:37 PM
Nov 13, 2020 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
Well, turns out Gojou is prettier than Nobara. I didn´t expect that.

Is his infinite thing related to "The Void"? You know, the so called nothingness that people in shonen always want to achieve and it´s the secret of the unvierse and stuff.

Cool fight even though it was Gojou pure flexing. I wonder if there´s going to be someone at his level later on (I guess there will be, since I saw some shots from the manga where he looked like a complete crackhead).

Whoever said this is Naruto done right clearly didn´t saw Naruto though, or at least the first part, but this episode was definitively an improvement with less comedy and more focus on the important stuff.

That being said, the skit at the end was a 20/10. Nice Chilena.
Nov 13, 2020 3:33 PM
Feb 2018
YorukaWaifu said:
Good animation, shit story and characters as always. Kimetsu no Yaiba 2.0.

This is anime nowadays, why would they think about making a good story, when you can throw two or three sakuga scenes every episode and people starts screaming AOTY like robots?

it's action shounen anime, so good animation is important, characters are likeable, the story is about jujutsu (it's like other action shounen, hxh's story is about hunter, naruto's shinobi, one piece's pirate, fmab's alchemy, snk's titan, bnha's hero, kny's demon, etc)
it's not kny 2.0, it's jjk 1.0 :D

btw, we're not screaming, we're just writing in the forum LOL :D
Nov 13, 2020 3:34 PM
Aug 2020
z7ProSpyce said:
z7ProSpyce said:

There's nothing wrong with Gojō. He is in the right proportions with your body.

The Manga is like ...

Hey I have 17 years!!! And my face didin't fit with my previous design.

Obviously they can’t fix the appearance since the anime is complete, what i meant is throughout the season, i’m hoping mappa did improved the character designs, Go ahead and compare gojo’s unblindfold appearance, especially when he does his unlimited void domain, compare gojo’s unblindfold design from the manga and then to the anime (MAPPA), and then compare tanjiro’s design from the manga to the anime (Ufotable), one studio clearly enhances the design and the other copies it from the manga with little to no enhance. Gojo’s unblindfold appearance from the manga looks sharper but the anime looks, ok but could be a little more enhanced, i even said before “but not a big deal”, so you really shouldn’t take my post before that seriously, it was all a preference, you don’t always have to agree, btw most of the time i was talking about gojo’s unblindfold design, not him with his blindfold on which mappa did good on.
Ofcool2947Nov 13, 2020 3:41 PM
Nov 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Mar 2010
If I was gey I'd fuck gojou

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2020 3:40 PM
Jul 2009
Pakumen- said:
Well, turns out Gojou is prettier than Nobara. I didn´t expect that.

Is his infinite thing related to "The Void"? You know, the so called nothingness that people in shonen always want to achieve and it´s the secret of the unvierse and stuff.

Cool fight even though it was Gojou pure flexing. I wonder if there´s going to be someone at his level later on (I guess there will be, since I saw some shots from the manga where he looked like a complete crackhead).

Whoever said this is Naruto done right clearly didn´t saw Naruto though, or at least the first part, but this episode was definitively an improvement with less comedy and more focus on the important stuff.

That being said, the skit at the end was a 20/10. Nice Chilena.

I saw naruto back in the day and this is so much better
Nov 13, 2020 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
I love gojo more after this, help me please T_T, although the manga has gojo's face better but the animation is amazing i love the fight scene, And tsubasa's reference lol.
Nov 13, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
gojo hot, that is all.

Nov 13, 2020 4:19 PM

Jul 2014
Hot damn, Gojou has the power level of a final boss, he is absurdly OP.

10/10 episode
Nov 13, 2020 4:38 PM

Feb 2016
They did it justice mappa is the best anime studio right now without doubt
Nov 13, 2020 4:44 PM
Feb 2010
Nice touch with showing Frodo and Sam on the TV and then they go fight a volcano aka Mount Mordor.
Nov 13, 2020 4:56 PM

Jun 2020
Seems like a few of y'all didn't like this episode, because of some weird unrealistic expectation. It was a good episode, he's a human, so why would sensei face look different than human? Sensei is definitely OP. This was great.
Nov 13, 2020 4:58 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Wow.... Best episode of the series so far imo.

It was visually the best by a long shot and the animation was gorgeous. Gojo is best boy

Nov 13, 2020 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Gojou is such a badass, holy shit! And his eyes are beautiful!
What a great fight, animation has been amazing so far!
Nov 13, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
I was thrilled very good episode the gojou monstru eyes the end of the episode was very cool.

Nov 13, 2020 5:14 PM

Feb 2018
deg said:
Gojo cannot be sealed by that prison prism shit they are talking about then since he can manipulate space so that means he can just teleport or make wormhole or portal to get out of that dimensional prison

LOL when Getou said they can seal Gojo, He mean it.
Nov 13, 2020 5:29 PM

Sep 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Dawggg, that Gojou fight was insane, MAPPA just keep blessing us this year. This ep was literally just a Gojou flex and I love it. Goodwill arc should start next episode and that’s where JJK will really start to deserve the hype. Can’t wait.
vs Mahito arc next then goodwill event
Nov 13, 2020 5:30 PM
Sep 2020
YorukaWaifu said:

This is anime nowadays, why would they think about making a good story, when you can throw two or three sakuga scenes every episode and people starts screaming AOTY like robots?

I personally really like this anime, but I have to agree with you on that🤣 It’s obvious the jjk will win AOTY even if it doesn’t finish airing by the time they announce it. It was also obvious for the last year and the year before, Jjk is nothing special that’s all I have to say.
Nov 13, 2020 5:36 PM

Mar 2017
Domain Expansion animated just gives this whole anime a whole new feel compared to the manga, especially with that sick animation quality!

Finally we got the Goujo face reveal and omfg, he's even prettier in the anime than he is in the manga... it's a crime that those gorgeous eyes have to be covered 90% of the time 😍

Also super hyped that Mahito has arrived! The villain line-up is complete!
Nov 13, 2020 5:45 PM
Jul 2020
woaah--this ep is really amazing!!
great fight scenes and i seriously didnt think we would see gojou's eyes this soon.
Nov 13, 2020 5:48 PM
Oct 2019
mappa flexing the budget on this episode, Gojou had a pretty eyes damn
Nov 13, 2020 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
MestariYN said:
I don't know what's wrong with this show but it's lit! Sensei's Domain expansion though... increadibly beautiful. Wish he could take me once inside ;)

But! My personal highlight was definitely Yuji watching...
THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!
HILARIOUS, I say!
Yeah, I'm only here to see who else caught that reference. LOL
Nov 13, 2020 5:54 PM
Oct 2020
This is so good, and gojou sensei is so op and got some drip
Nov 13, 2020 6:34 PM

Aug 2019
Was expecting Gojo to have no eyes or some type of scar lmao.
I guess not.
Nov 13, 2020 6:35 PM
Jul 2020
MAPPA BLESSING US AGAIN! as a manga reader this is so GOOD ADAPTATION, I need a FREAKING 3 SEASONS FOR thIS SERIES I NEED SHIBUYA INCIDENT ARC GET ANIMATED

MAPPA IS GOAT BRO

10/10 Episode Solid.
Nov 13, 2020 6:36 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm I liked Satoru's face in the manga a bit more, tho ngl his domain is beautifully animated

Another thing, didnt expect Mahito's voice to sound like that. He's going to be very creepy bastard
Nov 13, 2020 6:51 PM
Jul 2020
YorukaWaifu said:

please just stfu lmao
Nov 13, 2020 6:51 PM
Oct 2018
Both domain expansions animation were phenomenal. Specially, infinite void. Gojou OP. Best episode of jjk yet.
Nov 13, 2020 6:54 PM
Jul 2020
Kaasfondue said:

Jogo already said he was going after him. Gojo beats his ass. What more building up do u want lmao. And they're building up to the shibuya arc when they use the prison seal thing. Dont really see what's so random about anything here
Nov 13, 2020 6:55 PM
Oct 2018
YorukaWaifu said:

Well all the manga readers like me know that story is incredible and actually better than many modern shounen. I can't help but laugh at people like you trying to say bad about story when first major story arc has not even begun yet. Maybe this is your first time watching a long shounen. Your comment will be irrelevant any way by the time season 1 ends.
Nov 13, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2019
What an eye! And that hairstyle..
Nov 13, 2020 6:57 PM

Jun 2015
YorukaWaifu said:

Well, they don't make the stories. The author does. And it has only begun.
Personally I like how the battles are a bit reminiscent from Yu Yu Hakusho, with some logic involved.
Nov 13, 2020 6:58 PM

Mar 2017
holy shit that was beautiful
Nov 13, 2020 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
very well done animation showcasing Gotou is op af but all i have to say is why? this happening so early the only reason i can think is this shit is a red flag ant no way you're gonna keep a character this op around very long add on the fact the baddies already plan on sealing him .

for now i'll enjoy the master/pupil as he passes on the baton to Itadori
Nov 13, 2020 6:59 PM
Oct 2018
Marinate1016 said:
FMmatron said:
Jfl @ everyone who's thinking this doesn't have a shot at anime of the year.

My man Satoru made light work of our new jobberJougo, seriously badass and equally brutal for the latter. Pretty awesome stuff for such a small-scale encounter.

Unlimited Void/5

It doesn’t because Mahouka and Re:Zero clear.

It already is AOTY, re zero is a sequel and other one is trash. Keep bitching. Your opinion doesn't even matter as you mentioned mahouka as a contender lmfao
Nov 13, 2020 7:13 PM

Jun 2019
Really good fight. We finally see what Gojo’s power is and he did not disappoint. The Domain Expansion parts were pretty cool (bad CGI lava aside). Add some funny character interactions on top and you got a great episode.
Nov 13, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
Gojou Satoru was toying with them XD.
Nov 13, 2020 7:27 PM

Apr 2020
YungAniman said:
Kaasfondue said:

Jogo already said he was going after him. Gojo beats his ass. What more building up do u want lmao. And they're building up to the shibuya arc when they use the prison seal thing. Dont really see what's so random about anything here

Idk, it just felt like a lazy excuse to show off how strong Gojo is. It didn't even make sense for him to think he had a chance. It will be less rewarding to see our MC or another character kill Jogo now. My comment on things being kinda random is about how the whole structure of the story is so far, but that's just my opinion. I assume things will be smoother once MC and squad are settling in school and as a team.
Nov 13, 2020 7:33 PM

Nov 2018
Awesome episode.

I think it's safe to say now that this show has cemented itself in the top 5 series for this year.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Nov 13, 2020 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Viz said:
Hmm I liked Satoru's face in the manga a bit more, tho ngl his domain is beautifully animated

Another thing, didnt expect Mahito's voice to sound like that. He's going to be very creepy bastard

He IS a creepy bastard
Nov 13, 2020 7:42 PM

Jun 2020
Finally Gojou finally opened his blindfold, I was really waiting for this to be adapted, the animation was very good the soundtrack was pretty good as well.

Studio MAPPA really did a good job, they are following the manga really well.

I'm pretty sure that the female watchers will start to like Gojou just from the face lol.
Nov 13, 2020 7:48 PM
Oct 2020
Let me show you what Domain Expansion is!

Sharinga~ opps I mean Mugen..... Tsukuyomi~ opps wrong anime.
Nov 13, 2020 8:07 PM
Jul 2016
Kaasfondue said:
davisgn2 said:

So lazy and poorly made conflicts are better than a really interesting battle that introduces the enemy cast with an interesting characterization of their motivation and continues to build the world and powers in a well done and creative way?

You would have to inform me on what's so much more interesting about JJK. Mt.Fuji curse dude is just as interesting as any other low-level demon in DS, maybe even less so. The battle was boring, I like the concept of Domains but will have to see two actual opponents against each other (not god vs newbie).

This story literally has a MC who's OP as fuck from the start, how is this not lazy? He's naturally a god at everything he does for some inexplicable reason (oh wait reveal coming soon woooh). And don't get me started on how poorly introduced the side characters are, especially the girl's backstory in episode 3 was so bad. It's like the author just threw them in fast so we know they exist and will eventually see them do something cool later on instead of making us care about them.

Imo, I find DS to actually be better written so far. At least there was a sense of natural progression. I really don't understand how you can like this but not DS. Some fandom wars going on here.

@z7ProSpyce I didn't say anything about the art, why did you quote me? All I alluded to is that it's ridiculous to compare DS ep 19 with this. Like just NO. Both visually and writing wise this was a few levels below.

Why cant you get that all this stuff is just building up things for later major arcs? in terms of character introductions, plot threads, we arent even in the first major arc yet, every little event so far has been builded up nicely and is setting up major things to come, lol and Jogo has more personality than most demons from DS S1 (including Muzan) with the only exception of Rui, with an interesting ideology that will be carried by the whole villain line up as a team later on. And it wasnt a bad excuse to show how strong is Gojo, Jogo simply didnt knew him and was overconfident he could beat him, especially since he was told he is around 9 Sukuna fingers in strenght, also he is a just a hot headed (literally).

Nov 13, 2020 8:09 PM

Jul 2020
MAPPA absolutely nailing this one. Imagine that this level of quality is also being given to the final season of AOT. Goddamn.

But yeah. Really enjoying JJK as an action-packed shounen anime so far. And I expect more good things in the future episodes.

I accept random friend requests!
Nov 13, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 2009
DeepRiver said:
Kaasfondue said:

Why cant you get that all this stuff is just building up things for later major arcs? in terms of character introductions, plot threads, we arent even in the first major arc yet, every little event so far has been builded up nicely and is setting up major things to come, lol and Jogo has more personality than most demons from DS S1 (including Muzan) with the only exception of Rui, with an interesting ideology that will be carried by the whole villain line up as a team later on. And it wasnt a bad excuse to show how strong is Gojo, Jogo simply didnt knew him and was overconfident he could beat him, especially since he was told he is around 9 Sukuna fingers in strenght, also he is a just a hot headed (literally).

Seriously, I can't wait for the VS Mahito arc so people would shut up about the characters having no personality or that he battle is shallow and all the other bullshit. I'm not saying JJK is super original or anything like that, but it is a well executed battle manga with good strategic battles. Don't expect easy win or nakama power. The main villains are also intelligent and memorable.

The characters does develop as the series go, some faster than others. It's also not bereft of emotional moments as showcased in the next arc. If anyone still don't like the series after the next arc, I suggest you drop it, because this means the series just isn't for you.
Koshi_InabaNov 13, 2020 8:20 PM
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 👑 Jujutsu Kaisen Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 3 )

nirererin - Sep 22

103 by wazalol »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2021

252 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

233 by Gator »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 15, 2021

248 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

283 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.