Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 14, 2020 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
Catching up..
Teacher says she wanted to do many things, and to become.. I wonder, if in the end she's more or less satisfied with her end choice.. Or if anything, if she knows, what she wants more now.. What she will do now.. What she'll want to do now..
Transfered?.. So Hiratsuka not leaving school, but getting transferred, is that it?.. I wonder, why Hachiman hasn't talked at least a bit with Shizuka sensei about that.. I mean, he was a bit pissed earlier that teacher didn't tell them.. Even if it was only a moment, and he was pissed only in his mind..
And everyone is just continue suffering of some strange problem - codependency.. Which is actually a good thing for adult - building group, assigning duties, and stuff.. Like, come on.. I'm not too sure, if author just deliberately chose such topic to troll viewers, so when they watch, they just pull out their hair, while screaming "pathologizing!".. ;D
So not working together, because boohoo, it's codependency.. ;D But a showdown.. ;P Ok.. ;P Well, overall, I don't like too much about this topic of codependency, and how it's treated as only black thing.. Well, whatever, I guess..
Aug 15, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2012
I loved season 1, season 2 was ok and season 3 is plain boring, I'm not too fond of the whole prom thing, wish Yukino wouldn't have agreed to help.
Aug 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2017
Y'know, I hope Hiratsuka-sensei will get married. You deserve it, girl!

Wonderful convos/dialogues this episode, Iroha is so moe too! Her inner thoughts just said it all. Sheesh.

&++ wait a tick, there was no Yui this episode! Bummer!
Aug 16, 2020 2:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sensei keeping her coolest personality too far than i could handle. Unfortunately, her goodbye sign was not even there. So, my broken feeling should be post-poned due Hachiman confrontation after their sweet and smooth conversation between teacher and their student.

By previous clear situations about the prom problem, Yukino's mom intervention, and Yukino herself mature tradition, Hachiman tried to enter the whole messed. Like before, everything was not as smooth as cake. Iroha even stated the situations and tried to get the real intentions of Hachiman. However, poor Iroha, she did not get the whole Hachiman's meaning. He was too complex to stated the right word. His responsibility ended up being a hero for Yukino! So, its happening. After such a complicated explanations by Hachiman what Yukino said? Sorry, Yukino just reject him due to her hard rock mind personality even if her plan had a low chance to success. Was that over?

Nope. its not Hachiman, if he could not persuade the worst thing. By taking a chance to the whole defeated, or rejected, he prefer that situations on to the day in the first season. Oh, shit! Unbeliavable. He just want another competition. Great! Now, Yukino just realised his intentions, the unseen help might be the real reason of Hachiman with the whole competition meaning. Nice attempt. Now Yukino just dont have any more reason to denied Hachiman's hand. Looks like everything just gone smoothly for him. Or not? Lets just see the next episode!

TL:DR: Yeah. Iroha monologue was a crazy shit right. Its just like their interaction in the first season. Actually, she was wrong. I may called it a serious cringe matter, with all of that complicated phrase Hachiman and Yukino had. However, its not everyone that felt weird with them. Because, somehow, there was someone that got trapped with the whole drama they've made. Its ... Yuigahama. Truly, their relations felt more complex that Iroha, alone, felt really disturbing. But what else she could do? She just brought herself into their surrounding. So, the whole situations must be received with an open handed!

2nd TL:DR: About the prize of the winner. I just hope, its end well for their relations. Its should be a clear award. Or, its just a waste of time in the end of the series. About Yukino sadness, i had no idea. But, somehow, its refer to her competition. Was that supposed she lost there? And became sad with the fact? Or its because what happened with her mother after this event? Everything shall be clear in the nearest future for me!

Thats it my long-ass ranting. I hope i may take another chance to make a full sentences of article about this series. But, actually, i don't have much time. So, this commentary must be enough to express my mind of these goddamned beautiful series. Thats it for now.
badabassAug 16, 2020 2:56 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 21, 2020 1:28 PM
Jan 2019
KittenBuns1 said:
Never liked Yukino, but it seems she's endgame. And all of my favorite characters are getting heartbroken. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

I liked her the most when i watched it for the first time but after rewatching it prior to this season she became the one i like the least.
Aug 21, 2020 1:31 PM
Jan 2019
gaussian_ said:
We finally saw a small break in the Iroha wall. Honestly, she might be my favorite character from this series. I love her razor intellect concealed by a bubbly exterior. Her role reminds me a lot of the role of Ami Kawashima from Toradora. It's kind of too bad that it seems that she will be as successful in her love as Ami, but on the flip side I've always though that Hachiman and Yukino were made for each other, so I'm not disappointed with this result. Honestly, this is one of the few romance series where I don't find myself firmly aligning with one potential pairing, which goes to show what a fantastic job they've done in creating believable characters.
Same here. Thought that also makes me not want any ship to sail as i will cry for whoever gets left behind
Aug 21, 2020 8:17 PM

Jun 2016
Okay, that was a cute episode. They knew that the Yui Gang needed one after ep. 4. :^(

This is probably going to lead into an outcome where it's clear Yukino & Hachiman's relationship is founded on trust rather than dependency. Fair enough, though I hope this isn't all the long-hyped Yukinoshita family drama has in store.
Aug 23, 2020 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
This whole prom subplot has got to be one of the most uninteresting plotlines ever.
The prom might be cancelled! And if it is, then... Yukino is sad, because she failed this request that was proposed by Iroha, an idea of which was randomly pulled out of her ass at the last minute. So that would mean that Yukino isn't an independent woman, because she wasn't able to set up a school prom all by herself!

Like come on, this is so stupid. Not only is it ridiculous for one girl to have the burden on her shoulders to do all the planning for a school prom, but there are no actual stakes here to begin with other than Yukino's fragile ego, of which was pressured by her bitch of a sister. And Hachiman and Yui just let this happen to her with little to no resistance.

How much has Yukino even depended on Hachiman, by the way? Hardly ever, and it was definitely not an overbearing dependency. They were part of the same club for fuck's sake, of course they must depend on each other. This all came out of nowhere and is seriously unfounded.

And so instead of just telling Yukino straightly that he is going to help her, Hachiman instead has to convolutedly justify that he isn't actually helping her, because he is now competing with her... and for some reason it is now okay that Hachiman is essentially helping her to set up prom, because Yukinon doesn't like to lose! Jfc this is so dumb.

I don't even have many thoughts on the ending with Iroha. She wants Hachiman to "take responsibility" for her, okay, wow. I wonder if this character development will go anywhere. Then she talks with Yukino and Yukino says that things might end with this and then cries while applying eyedrops in her eyes. Very interesting, very cool.

This season is terrible.

TK8878 said:
This is probably going to lead into an outcome where it's clear Yukino & Hachiman's relationship is founded on trust rather than dependency. Fair enough, though I hope this isn't all the long-hyped Yukinoshita family drama has in store.

So it's better to compete with one another and "trust" that they can do things on their own, than it is to depend on one another and trust each other in actual companionship? This is extremely pretentious.
So the moral of this story is: don't depend on those you love. Do things by yourself.
Fuck. In that case, Hachiman should have just stayed a loner.
removed-userAug 24, 2020 12:07 AM
Aug 24, 2020 6:02 PM

Jun 2016
@HeroicIdealism

There's really only two things going on right now: the romance plot and the Yukinoshita family drama that's been hinted at for a long time. The romance plot is basically done, it's clearly going to be Yukino x Hachiman and all they need is a confession scene (but it's probably going to be drawn out as long as possible like everything else this season). Most of what's happening at this point is just setup for whatever the family drama is going to end up being, and hopefully that's where the whole "dependency bad" thing begins and ends.

I don't remember if anything specific has been mentioned, but Yukino's family is probably in politics / big business / some other field where saving face comes before honesty for manipulative reasons, based on their wealth and how they act. Yukino is in a bind because she's already estranged from them but seems to need to prove herself to them based on what Haruno's been hinting at. They probably see this as some sort of test for her abilities, and want her to "do it herself" rather than "use lackeys" which they've discouraged her over before.

That's where I'm guessing their disdain for dependency comes from. Something about not being able to trust underlings who often just want to get more power out of it or somesuch. Yukino will probably end up needing some sort of help, Hachiman will employ the "competition" workaround to show her family that they're full of shit, they'll see that Yukino has actual trustworthy friends (and thus worth depending on) and shove off of this stupid prom argument (setting up the mood for a typical romance conclusion).

In that sense, for that plot thread, what I mentioned would be fair enough, as dependency would at least not be labeled a problem anymore ("They can trust each other, so helping each other isn't a bad thing"). I would hope that it does better than that and everyone supports the stronger solution to plainly show that the whole anti-dependency thing was stupid, but I don't see it going in that direction with the approach taken so far. If it ends up being as stupid as you suggest I'll be mad too, but I don't suspect the "competition" is going to be more meaningful that the ploy it is now. Doesn't matter who wins, that'll just be used to get them to kiss at this rate.

tl;dr ~ Chances are this whole prom situation isn't about Yukino's feelings but instead her family pressuring her to act independent and other related crap. Hachiman's "competition" workaround is likely meant to expose the crap. The resulting attempt at a moral lesson will vary based on how lazy the author got. Yeah it's dumb so far, fingers crossed it doesn't get worse because it has plenty of room to do so.

HeroicIdealism said:
So the moral of this story is: don't depend on those you love. Do things by yourself.

That would be a hilariously trashy ending. "Look how much Hachiman has grown by the way he was right in S1E1 all his growth was meaningless!"
TK8878Aug 24, 2020 6:16 PM
Aug 30, 2020 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. Feels like every other girl gets conveniently out of the way, without any real effort from Yukino and withou Hachiman (in fact, he even acknowledged their love triangle but was still looming in indecision).
Now Iroha is out of the way. And I don't really like it.

The way this is all happening in just two episodes is unsatisfying as there was hardly any romantic involvement with Hachiman and Yukino (save for that photo scene basically nothing while both Iroha and Yui had their quality time together more often).

Speaking of Iroha, she was dead right with her description of ending situation, even more when both of them still haven't accepted their feelings. And her quick remark just shows how annoying it was for her to see Hachiman being involved with someone else in such way. She can read the mood well. Anyone romantically interested in one of them would be uncomfortable being present during such "confession".
So yeah, the scene showed us she's interested in him too, although sadly also disregarded Irohas importance in the instant.

Realistically speaking, both Hachiman and Yukino are the same as far as thinking process goes and that's why he knew what he had to tell her.
But romantically, being the same isn't always the best thing for love. That's why Iroha and Hachiman have the better chemistry in their dialogues than anyone else. Sadly, I can't see this series capitalize on this very important detail.

I can't honestly imagine how the relationship of Yukino and Hachiman would ever work (not to mention he would need to persuade her mom he's worthy).
Mich666Aug 30, 2020 6:07 PM
Aug 30, 2020 10:37 PM
Aug 2020
KittenBuns1 said:
Never liked Yukino, but it seems she's endgame. And all of my favorite characters are getting heartbroken. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on the season thus far. Slightly salty to see each character you find interesting getting sunk each epi. I personally am more for yui over yukino but am gonna hope for the remaining epi to provide closure for viewers regarding yui and iroha. Really great season so far, nonetheless
Aug 31, 2020 12:32 AM
Apr 2020
HeroicIdealism said:
This whole prom subplot has got to be one of the most uninteresting plotlines ever.
The prom might be cancelled! And if it is, then... Yukino is sad, because she failed this request that was proposed by Iroha, an idea of which was randomly pulled out of her ass at the last minute. So that would mean that Yukino isn't an independent woman, because she wasn't able to set up a school prom all by herself!

Like come on, this is so stupid. Not only is it ridiculous for one girl to have the burden on her shoulders to do all the planning for a school prom, but there are no actual stakes here to begin with other than Yukino's fragile ego, of which was pressured by her bitch of a sister. And Hachiman and Yui just let this happen to her with little to no resistance.

How much has Yukino even depended on Hachiman, by the way? Hardly ever, and it was definitely not an overbearing dependency. They were part of the same club for fuck's sake, of course they must depend on each other. This all came out of nowhere and is seriously unfounded.

And so instead of just telling Yukino straightly that he is going to help her, Hachiman instead has to convolutedly justify that he isn't actually helping her, because he is now competing with her... and for some reason it is now okay that Hachiman is essentially helping her to set up prom, because Yukinon doesn't like to lose! Jfc this is so dumb.

I don't even have many thoughts on the ending with Iroha. She wants Hachiman to "take responsibility" for her, okay, wow. I wonder if this character development will go anywhere. Then she talks with Yukino and Yukino says that things might end with this and then cries while applying eyedrops in her eyes. Very interesting, very cool.

This season is terrible.

TK8878 said:

So it's better to compete with one another and "trust" that they can do things on their own, than it is to depend on one another and trust each other in actual companionship? This is extremely pretentious.

Your wish come true in LN
Because Watari Warasu don't gave a proper ending
Abhinandan2002Aug 31, 2020 4:25 AM
Sep 17, 2020 8:08 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Just marry her you idiot and if you don't then I will.

And surprisingly enough, I'm starting to like Iroha more.

such a wasted guy 8man is for rejeting her xD.
Sep 18, 2020 6:17 AM
Jul 2020
The only other episode that I liked this season
Sep 23, 2020 9:19 AM

Dec 2012
SO FUCKING GOOD!!

Sep 24, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2020
Going back to previous episodes and their highlight moments. It would definitely be the moment when yukino cried infront of iroha for this episode.
Sep 26, 2020 6:08 PM

Nov 2014
the convo between Sensei and 8man were great, there are some deep meaning on it.

yeap 8man doing some next level move with challenging Yukino instead of helping her, so there'll be not condepedency in it.

they way they uttered the words in their dialogues was complexing yet so beautiful, even Iroha could felt it. feeling like a third wheel on couple talks and fights XD.

the words choosing and acts on this episode was really wonderful especially with win or lose things, "last thing that she'll do", even her tears in the end has really deep meaning toward the condition in the relationship of those 3.
Oct 2, 2020 3:50 AM

Jun 2020
We need more Hiratsuka-sensei moment "You'll take me as your bride" my brain is screaming "YES".

Anyway love this Hachiman and Yukino moment really entertaining and looks like we weren't able to see some Yui screentime after what happened to the previous episode, I don't know what Iroha meant on what she said to them well it will be explain soon.
Oct 25, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
Im getting the feeling Hikigaya isnt gonna choose someone by the end of this season... :(

Nov 9, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
This really shows how old Japanese make problems with simple things. Not saying what is on their mind or what do they actually want.
I think her mother is forcing Yukino to deal with problems like she can have in the adult world (maybe checking if she is better than older sister), but for real giving no reason why she doesn't want this prom and just saying to cancel it is very lame and not something adult should do.

Saki really shouldn't be yawning so long in the op ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 12, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2017
Hachiman finally made his move while Iroha suspects that he and Yukino are in love. An intense episode.

Hiratsuka sensei deserves all the happiness!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2020 5:46 PM
Dec 2016
Damn Hachiman, just take Shizuka-sensei with you already! You can move to another country where polygamy is legal, and live a happy live with Yukino and Shizuka-sensei xD

Now I feel sorry for Iroha, I mean yeah, why does she have to be in that position. Must be tough for her :(
Dec 31, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2020
Why does iroha even exist in this show?
Jan 1, 2021 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Irohasu took the words right out of my mouth at the end there in the preview.

Also, choose her instead, 8man:
Apr 24, 2021 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
lol iroha sees trough them (the student council room meeting)

Nurguburu said:
Hachiman finally made his move while Iroha suspects that he and Yukino are in love. An intense episode.

Hiratsuka sensei deserves all the happiness!

Iroha sees trough both of their feelings :D

sensei was like are u saying u would marry me (misunderstood him for a sec) lol
Feb 24, 2022 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, that is such a roundabout way to confess. Only complicated people such as them can ever appreciate each other. Yui is way too simple for Hachi. Her only chance to win is if Yukinon is no longer around.
Feb 25, 2022 11:56 AM

Mar 2019
I've said it once before, but I'll say it again since we got another one. I LOVE the moments between Shizuka and Hachiman. Honestly. It was such a good episode in season 2 and felt the most reassuring given what Hachiman has been going through at that time. It wasn't as big as the first one, but still an amazing scene nonetheless. Shizuka is such a good character.

Omg yes! loved that moment. Going at it with the good old way is the best and feels the least stressful, plus I reallyyy want to see how Hachiman will handle it.

Poor Iroha, getting indirectly rejected like that, I actually like her but I never thought she would actually end up with Hachiman so it's nothing bad.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 29, 2022 7:39 AM

Apr 2013
These episodes are always over so fast... not enough Yui in this one though, even though I appreciate some Iroha screentime as well.
Aug 13, 2022 6:23 AM

Jul 2020
So there was comedy in season 1, some subtle romantic implications in season 2, but in the 3rd season there's just nothing. It's a hollow shell. It's not funny but annoying asf. There's nothing even remotely resembling romance. A huge disappointment, I'm dropping this.
Apr 20, 2023 5:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hachiman is still indirectly helping Yukino if the prom does happen, or maybe it doesn't matter if the prom happens or not, just as long as Hachiman isn't involved. Or maybe Hachiman is helping Yukino by helping her grow by not helping her, because by not helping her she gains the motivation to complete the task without any help. What's important is that they have come to agreement. Hachiman has found a way to save her, by not saving her, and going against her instead. Maybe that's what she needed this whole time: just a little push, but from the right person.

Also, there's no ending for this that will make everyone happy- except one. And that of course is for Hachiman to marry sensei

As for the after-credits scene, Iroha looks back at Yukino as she leaves the student council room, to see her applying eye drops, which then makes it looks as if she was crying. And on the inside, maybe she really was, because what just happened has allowed her to get closer to Hachiman than ever before, maybe. Perhaps the ice has truly begun to thaw, as in Yukino's mind are probably the thoughts of "I don't need to rely on anyone, but that doesn't mean I have to be alone"... and she has found someone to fit into that empty part of her life.
BetaMaleUltraApr 20, 2023 5:32 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2023 4:28 AM

Oct 2021
Just imagine instead of iroha, yui was sitting in there while hachiman say that to yukino.......she would bawling her eyes out
Nov 19, 2023 12:01 PM
Nov 2023
Is to hard to say is butterfly
Mar 1, 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
I dont know why i hated this season so much when i love the first 2 ones but i cannot deal with this shit
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.