Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 26, 2018 1:06 PM
Aug 2016
So I stopped watching this anime about 2 weeks ago and had planned to watch it at the end, but my mind is slowly being changed. Besides the fact that I had horribly high expectations for this show from the get go, I was just very disappointed by some of the cancerous fan base swarming around this show. Not gonna lie though fam, I have HELLA BIAS. LIKE HELLA BIAS!!! But imma chill, imma chill. It's anime and is meant to be enjoyed (and sadistically hated to a point). But I digress, my real question is does this show deserve to be 'waited at the edge of my seat every week for' or is it just following a worn out chain of events?

Just gonna note that my bias won't stop me from watching it. Loved code geass yet hated but understood Suzaku.
May 26, 2018 1:11 PM
Jun 2016
MomoSinX said:
Also, this happens when you try to lewd the loli queen, you WILL lose an arm or more.

worth it.

but such an exposition dump so late on, i wouldn't forgive this if this were probably any other tv show.
May 26, 2018 1:16 PM
Jan 2018
The klaxasours were like humans but became greedy and wanted immortality, this made them something inhuman, and I will predict the last fight will be papa becoming a klaxasour and fighting them.

And I also predict that squad 13 will have no allies since they do not believe in any of what both sides are saying. I believe this is a metaphor of soldier going to war because their superiors want something and they follow it because they think they are doing some great duty will have glory when the reality is very different.

Futoshi was the first to speak out and I believe he will be the first silenced in the coming three sided war to come.
May 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
So Dr. FranXX confirmed Lolicon, that was the most boring backstory ever it was so safe and obvious, but hey at least they gave a some answers. I was hoping for magma to at least be something special but even so it was a nope.

SupremeEdgelord said:
Oh well, at least they finally give some explanations and give Dr Franxx some backstory.

And for what reason did you build a robot that works only under that condition?

I was having a decent time but as soon as that happen it took me completely out of the narrative, why would you ever create something to realize you can't pilot it lol, and I mean is not like they said "So we realized that the neurological connection form these big ass mechas are being tampered with the physiological changes that the immortality process did to our nervous system, hence we require humans that have not undergone to that process" or some nonsense like that, It was just, so we need them pinutses and vajayjays hopefully both at the same time.

After that I was questioning everything on my brain, I'm amazed by that, It is really hard for me to question a story as nonsensical as they can be, but they managed to do it, props to them, and I'm not even a hater of this show, just another disappointed follower.
May 26, 2018 1:20 PM
Jun 2016
It's too little too late, world building should be happening slowly but consistently, large exposition dumps don't work, this should have been all explained over multiple episodes from different perspectives.
May 26, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
Aeoness said:
Damn! All characters are shining at this episode. I like it. Finally, Zorome faced reality.

We will get a final battle. But the squad doesn't know what the odds are between Ape and K-Queen.

K-Queen said 'don't hunt my klaxosaurs', but she didn't said anything about magma. APE didn't listen to her and keep mining and hunting. I still don't know why APE wants to reach and destroy her clan. After all, buy your immortality by exchanging your home is not funny.

They said to Zero Two 'kill more klaxosaurs and get your humanity'
They said to the kids 'kill more klaxosaurs and get your freedoom'

At the ending; APE gets on that ship, the kids or the queen smacks them into magma. ;P

I am not sure if 'death flag flipping coin frenzy' will continue or we will be saved by the queen, after all, Zero Two smells like teen spirit of hers.

Fun fact; Klaxosaur Queen kills Dr. Franxx;

- You made our baby without my consent?! How dare you?!

I can't wait to see both Zero Two's and The Queen's reactions when they come to face to face and learns they are mother and daughter. OMG!

kfire2kenbob said:

Sub 7 hahahahahahahaha. Oh youre serious, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If SAO which people either love or hate has a 7.67, DITF will at least have a higher score 7.8.
Also Kokoro isn't really a whore. Her only fault is that she broke her promise. Futoshi has forgiven her for it, he even had the chance to team up with her again, but refused.

Enough this Kokoro x Futoshi x Mitsuru drama; Kokoro is already 'punished'. What's wrong to have a baby with her delicious candidate? Now, she even doesn't know what she was desiring. I hope she gets that book back and remembers everything.

I know these cats ain't sill hung up on that. I think it's possible for those two to regain their lost memories, granted they were "removed" in the same fashion as Hiro. Just hope it ain't minutes before death or some shit. Hopefully they'll get to the meaty stuff now since we're a bit short on time.

MiiyoSon said:
Shingster said:
The choice of immortality or loss of reproduction abilities though was a hard one.

It apparently wasn't that hard since majority of the population went along with being immortal.

I suspect it was forced upon people after a while. Given how APE's influence bloated incredibly during Franxx's prime.
QWERTYFish25May 26, 2018 1:25 PM
May 26, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2018
kuroneko99 said:
The show moved finally. This episode is equivalent to five episodes to date.
lol, accurate as heck. Finally some much needed things explained.

SupremeEdgelord said:

And for what reason did you build a robot that works only under that condition?

I thought the same thing. But I'm assuming that just how it worked in order to be able to properly fight the Klaxosaurs. Maybe they did try other machines but they weren't effective against them? Idk, I'm just speculating.

Also on another note... I know this is a fictional story and all but I'm seriously surprised humanity just so easily and voluntarily gave up their humanity. Like wtf, so all of society just gradually became insane and decided this was ok? I would think that a good sizable chunk would at least see how mental it all was and decide to choose a different path, maybe split away from the rest of society and live elsewhere.
May 26, 2018 1:36 PM
Aug 2011
Personally felt like this info dump was timed rather poorly. It was kind of weird to go from the marriage and all that into some heavy worldbuilding. Two details that I felt like were annoyingly unexplained were how magma energy contributed to making people immortal (at least give us some bullshit science for this) and why the goddamn robot needs two people with reproductive organs/emotions.
Look at my awesome sig :)
How do you make a sig?
May 26, 2018 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
QWERTYFish25 said:

MiiyoSon said:

It apparently wasn't that hard since majority of the population went along with being immortal.

I suspect it was forced upon people after a while. Given how APE's influence bloated incredibly during Franxx's prime.

If that's the case then this again illustrates why Franxx has been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had with an anime. Visually show scenes like this. It can just be stillframes, something. Otherwise I can't buy into the show has been giving me. I just can't do it man.
May 26, 2018 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
Also, no episode next week ladies and gents:

They're going to air another special on the 2nd of June instead of the next regular episode.
May 26, 2018 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
So pretty sure they just alluded to the fact that Zero Two is the "daughter" of Dr. Frank and the Klaxosaur Queen. It only took 19 weeks but we finally get an explanation into how this world came to be. Interesting to see how things are gonna go play out. All this build up, time for a big ass dramatic battle or something...oh no new episode next week? Kay see you sometime in June.
Don't believe the hype.
May 26, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2017
I dont get why are people hating this episode for "being late".
It was done in this order to make more mystery behind characters and also thanks that people can made some great theories and are forced to think more about world in which this story takes place. If you lost your interest in this show because you didnt get Dr.Franx past in first few episodes then its not problem of this series, its just not for you or you just dont like this type of storytelling. Well, I get that some people are angry cuz of its resemblance to Evangelion but honestly, I think that similarities with other anime arent something that makes anime bad, only thing that matters to me is, if I enjoy this show or not. And Iam enjoying this hella lot. Episode 4.5/5

Hiro starting to act cool. Maybe we will see op Hiro at the end... well, after all he is transforming into something similar to Zero Two .. 乁( ⏒ ͜ʖ ⏒ )ㄏ
May 26, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2016
MIAKillerX said:
The klaxasours were like humans but became greedy and wanted immortality, this made them something inhuman, and I will predict the last fight will be papa becoming a klaxasour and fighting them.

And I also predict that squad 13 will have no allies since they do not believe in any of what both sides are saying. I believe this is a metaphor of soldier going to war because their superiors want something and they follow it because they think they are doing some great duty will have glory when the reality is very different.

Futoshi was the first to speak out and I believe he will be the first silenced in the coming three sided war to come.

You know what; you have some nice theories there. It could be like that. Yeah, I like Futoshi's initiative attitude at this episode. If I was a leader of a squad having Zero Two, I had conquered all already. I wonder if APE feels fear, at least from Zero Two.

ThatsNotGaming said:

Also on another note... I know this is a fictional story and all but I'm seriously surprised humanity just so easily and voluntarily gave up their humanity. Like wtf, so all of society just gradually became insane and decided this was ok? I would think that a good sizable chunk would at least see how mental it all was and decide to choose a different path, maybe split away from the rest of society and live elsewhere.

You are looking at it. There is a thread about DITF/ right-wing propaganda. Years ago, a Japanese guy on a language learning forum said that anime isn't showing what Japan/Japanese society is, but what Japan should be, what Japanese society is dreamed and visioned; Brand New Japanese Way.

A joke theory; remember Zero Two's honey obsession? Yep, That all magma mass is produced by the queen and her loyal working klaxosaur bee workers. Humanity is consuming that magma, eating it, now the queen is pissed off. She is coming to bite and sting back! You will be saved only if you have FRANXX!
May 26, 2018 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
firemagnet said:

They're going to air another special on the 2nd of June instead of the next regular episode.

Dude, what the fuck? Summer is literally the worst season to wait around for an anime. Almost had a stroke with Re: Zero and Valvrave in the past and now this.
May 26, 2018 2:12 PM
Nov 2017
Took a while, but finally we're getting some answers!

APE seem quite nefarious... Even more so than before now that we know that their origins are unknown.

I feel bad for Zorome, the one question he lives to find an answer to... That is going to weigh heavily on him for some time I imagine.

Hm Papa agreeing to let Squad 13 go "if" they complete what they need to in the next mission... Seems ominious to me...

Bring on the rebellion!
May 26, 2018 2:21 PM
Apr 2016
mf908 said:
Two details that I felt like were annoyingly unexplained were how magma energy contributed to making people immortal (at least give us some bullshit science for this) and why the goddamn robot needs two people with reproductive organs/emotions.

imo no need to explain everything ... better left some things to your own imagination ... but i guess in age of youtuber "analytics" , people stopped having their own opinions and little to no imagination :-(
PendragonX1 said:
Hmm i was surprised he could grab her hair while his arm was being bitten off.
Then make a clone that is zero-two from just a hair sample.

Imagine not dying from blood loss because most of your blood is in your giant boner.
May 26, 2018 2:33 PM

Apr 2018
JLaxius said:
Finally some backstory. Everything makes sense now, although they could have spreaded the infodump across 2 episodes and not one, because it was kind of hard to follow all the events at once.
Only 5 episodes left, no chance they can have two backstory episodes that dont move the plot forward
May 26, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2018
Great episodes. There were a few things I didn't catch if anyone could clear it up:
- Why did APE recruit doctor Frank?
- Why was a male needed too if the Klaxosaurs body have the XX chromozone?
- Is Dr. Frank that small Dr. Franxx and was that scene at the end another flashback from right after he visited the princess?
May 26, 2018 2:40 PM

Jan 2018
jeez the Evangelion here was way too apparent
May 26, 2018 2:58 PM

Nov 2016
Finally we know what happened to the world, they explained most of the situation they are in...And it looks like big war is incomming and slice of life LoveStories ended... Btw klaxo queen looks so beautiful
May 26, 2018 3:14 PM

Jul 2016
N4rk said:
Great episodes. There were a few things I didn't catch if anyone could clear it up:
- Is Dr. Frank that small Dr. Franxx and was that scene at the end another flashback from right after he visited the princess?

The first two I’m not 100% sure about, but for the last, I’m pretty sure Dr. Frank and Dr. Franxx are the same person. Sometime after the scene with Dr. Frank’s arm being ripped off, there is a scene with Dr. Franxx looking at his robotic arm which makes me think that he, with his access to technology, was able to replace it using a prosthetic.

As for the flashback part, most likely.

May 26, 2018 3:21 PM
Mar 2008
Here i've seveal people use that picture with Franxx on his ("own") robot finding out that the pilot still needed to possess reproductive functions. I dont get whats so hard to understand here
May 26, 2018 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
I like how everyone hating on the show talks like they have a PhD in Film, Literature, Mechanics and Biology.

May 26, 2018 3:25 PM

Sep 2017
So APE were already hiding behind robes and masks back when the world was normal, and they introduced the magma energy to humanity, combine that with Klaxo Princess's "human wannabes" remark, and the info in this episode that the Klaxosaurs come from an ancient advanced civilisation I'm thinking at this point APE are Klaxo defectors using humanity to fight against their own Princess

Aside from that the rest of the episode was confirming previous speculations about what it means to be human, and giving some backstory to Dr Franxx to make him a more sympathetic character
May 26, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2015
N4rk said:

Because he was an amazing researcher with 0 regard for ethics.

N4rk said:

I don't understand the question. If you're asking why you need both males and females to pilot the franxx, it's mostly because of symbolism.

N4rk said:

Dr. Frank is Dr. Franxx. He's just the last (original) human on earth. As far as I can tell he's interested in recreating humans because he slowly started to dislike APE.

May 26, 2018 3:31 PM
Apr 2018
This episode had me shook
May 26, 2018 3:37 PM
Nov 2017
Possibly the only good thing about this anime is that it's almost over
May 26, 2018 3:53 PM

Jan 2011
Arcaedes said:
So APE were already hiding behind robes and masks back when the world was normal, and they introduced the magma energy to humanity, combine that with Klaxo Princess's "human wannabes" remark, and the info in this episode that the Klaxosaurs come from an ancient advanced civilisation I'm thinking at this point APE are Klaxo defectors using humanity to fight against their own Princess
Still a better plot than what they gave us.
May 26, 2018 4:18 PM
May 2016
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this in the discussion, but it kinda feels illogical how one can attain immortality from melted rocks.
May 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Sep 2016
"Imagine not dying from losing an arm because all your blood is on your massive boner."

-/u/Zer0_Tw0

Being a lolicon boosts your chances of survival. Good to know.

Sex jokes aside, where are all the sex metaphors now? They've been with us for the first several episodes, and we haven't seen them in months.

I don't know about you, but to me this show is blatantly suffering from an identity crisis. The first few episodes were literally sex metaphors and sex jokes. Zero Two used to be this mysterious sexy femme fatale who drained men of their life, piloting the FranXX was literally just doin' it doggystyle, and there was fookin' fanservice everywhere. This show was literally about sex. It was sex metaphors up the wazoo. That was the whole show. Well, the most notable aspect of it.

Then it just became teenage bullshit drama as the sex metaphors just phased out of existence. Right now, this anime isn't itself. I don't even think this anime has a sense of self. They're trying to be super serious now, and it doesn't feel right. It's as if this show does not know what it wants to be anymore, and that's my biggest problem.

I've taken many steaming shits on this anime for starting immature waifu wars on purpose and ripping off Gurren Lagann/Evangelion with extra helpings of cucking, but that isn't even the biggest problem, and there are MANY problems.

(The best character in this anime literally got less than a minute of screentime, and that character is a giant hand. I don't even know why I'm here anymore.)
Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will not touch the loli.
May 26, 2018 4:33 PM

Nov 2012
uninstallthegame said:

pretty much sums up this show's episode chronology

Episode 20 needs to be a hot springs episode or I'm calling shit writing. Just saying.
May 26, 2018 4:35 PM

Jan 2011
Naxrrhid said:
uninstallthegame said:

Episode 20 needs to be a hot springs episode or I'm calling shit writing. Just saying.

Does the near pointless beach episode count?
May 26, 2018 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
really nice episode

May 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Dec 2017
Naxrrhid said:
uninstallthegame said:

nah, it needs to be that klaxousaurus chick taking 002 away from hiro as her daughter. then it's gonna be gucci 👌👌👌
May 26, 2018 5:11 PM

Apr 2014
DoksWorld said:
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this in the discussion, but it kinda feels illogical how one can attain immortality from melted rocks.

Sshhhhh... don't think about it. Just pay attention to the "themes" and "Symbolisms" of the show.
May 26, 2018 5:27 PM

Mar 2018
APE did nothing wrong
May 26, 2018 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
firemagnet said:

I understand that he taked out some hair to make a clone... he fell in love with the Loli-Klaxosaurs Princess!!

I also fell in love with his smile xD

May 26, 2018 5:35 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, a much needed episode on backstory. It appears the events take place over the course of about 50 years. Honestly I was thinking the story was about 100 or so years into the future.

So magma energy advanced humanity in every way, but at a horrible cost of the destruction of the planet. Now we know it's also being utilized to give humans immortality. I've seen people complain about how it makes us unable to reproduce. It's a foreign substance, of course it's going to have adverse effects on the body, including fertility. It's pretty clever that gaining immortality comes at a price of us losing the ability to procreate.

It was nice to see Dr. Frank's past too. Although, I'm not quite sure why the FRANXX need working reproductive systems to work. Perhaps I missed the reason, but it seems pretty nonsensical from a writing stand point. Right now it feels like "just because". I can, however, understand why two pilots would be needed, it's basically the same concept as Pacific Rim.

Even after all this backstory, we still don't exactly know where the Klaxxosaurs came from. Personally, I think APE created them behind the scenes. They orchestrated this whole thing for one reason, which will be revealed soon enough.

The group is beginning to rebel against Papa, and the last mission sounds almost like a suicide mission. We don;t know what it is yet obviously, but it feels like a bunch of death flags were raised.

Hopefully Kokoro and Misturu will regain their memories soon enough though.
May 26, 2018 5:39 PM

May 2015
I swear, this community is never satisfied.

May 26, 2018 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
Atleast now we can be assured that Kokoro is still about to have a baby at the end of the series. It was implied earlier in the episode that Kokoro's memories was the only thing being altered.
May 26, 2018 5:45 PM

Sep 2016
Ngl these DitF memes are becoming stale lol. We need new and original ones. Good episode, a bit late on the massive info dump we got today but whatever it was pretty good.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 26, 2018 5:46 PM

Nov 2017
franxx is a huge ass masochist
May 26, 2018 5:51 PM

Aug 2017
uninstallthegame said:
Naxrrhid said:

nah, it needs to be that klaxousaurus chick taking 002 away from hiro as her daughter. then it's gonna be gucci 👌👌👌

Maybe it could be KokoroXMitsuru again lol :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 26, 2018 5:59 PM

Nov 2017
_kuro_n3ko_ said:
i think we've found a new contender for best girl

Does that mean I can't lay hands on you either,thats a real shame :)
Mind you,not sure I'd dare,considering what you just did to that numb bastard scientist :)
Get to play with a hot klaxosaur,lose an arm.
Or just walk away.
Choices,choices.
Ah hell,who am I kidding,thats gotta be one less arm :)
May 26, 2018 6:47 PM

Oct 2012
Didnt think that civilization fell that fast
May 26, 2018 7:19 PM

Sep 2015
That twist at the end makes everything worth it.

Also, Dr FranXX might be a contender for best girl.

I found that the worldbuilding was very vague, as they still haven't revealed anything about the Klaxosaurs. I thought if anyone would know it's secrets, it'd be Dr FranXX, but I guess not.
May 26, 2018 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
Filthy swine everywhere! I hope all the kids make it out alive. Maybe they can go back to that abandoned sea-side town they found.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 26, 2018 8:11 PM

Dec 2015
This is the kind of episode that i like , nice futuristic vibe
So 02 is made by dr franxx ? And the klaxousaur is another race so its not from human .
This is a nice episode for me , answered most of my questions
Btw kyoryuu hime sounds liek kugimiya rie?
ExeternaMay 26, 2018 8:14 PM
May 26, 2018 8:24 PM

Apr 2015
Now I guess it's time for our little heroes to visit the princess.
*This ending song is awesome btw (Escape)*
May 26, 2018 8:47 PM
Mar 2014
What an episode. I would like a season 2 but doesn't seem like it will happen now.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

276 by SenseiSempai-san »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

358 by SenseiSempai-san »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

411 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

362 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

345 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.