Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 23, 2017 10:45 PM
Jan 2015
Oh snap here comes a love triangle.
My Queens

Nov 23, 2017 11:35 PM
Nov 2015
"Best girl never win"

Yes because everyone has their own best girl.
Nov 23, 2017 11:39 PM
Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:
God damn it i hate love triangles, especially these ones where they actually gave genuine chemistry to both the girls. I would say I prefer Natsume over ena, it feels more fitting with the tone and theme of the series and in general I find unrequited love finally coming true to be really sweet.

That said man people are way too fucking harsh on natsume just cause she liked someone else before. Do you people really think just cause you liked someone else before you are no longer allowed to change those feelings or in her case realize the close friend you've had all this time might be something more. Thats just how relationships work.

Biut is this how love works? Do they love him? DOES HE LOVE THEM?
Omnisword said:

SoraSenpai said:
Yo Natsume is a fucking bitch!!!!!! Yo she honestly only cared about Souma and then started getting pissy when Mori started to talking to him and Souma didn't notice her.

Then she's going to get jealous that Komiya (best girl BTW) is jumping on him and having fun with him.

Meanwhile Komiya is struggling with her own feelings not knowing what love or liking someone is. However knowing for a fact that Eita likes Natsume, Komiya calls out Natsume to ask permission...FUCKING ASK PERMISSION IF SHE can ask Eita on a date. To which Natsume replies "No you can't." For no fucking reason why other then she's a jealous BITCH!

WORST CHARACTER OF THE YEAR. TRASHIEST OF THEM ALL.

Overall the episode was decent.

Are you dumb? The episode literally ended after she replied. Of course we wouldn't get any reason for now.
Seriously, Komiyafag are so annoying with their unreasonable bash to Natsume. If you watch the last episode, you should know why she instantly rejected her request.
Btw your reply is cringe....so cringely made me want to facepalm.
Worst character of the year? really how many show you watched this year? Is Just because your first anime?

Yep the experts say he is.
Re:formed
Nov 23, 2017 11:52 PM

Jun 2017
Eita has shown no signs of being attracted to Ena. I've been MioxEita since the start of the series and it seems like that's the way it's going to pan out. Hopefully Haruto gets his girl towards the end too.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
Nov 24, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2016
Nice episode.. finally they focused on Natsume's feeling..and we got to see Izumi X Natsume moments..

But I dunno why most anime fans are always like that.. when a heroine of any anime has a female rival they will always ship the rival saying that she is more fun & cool and the heroine is pathetic.. forgetting that the reason of creating the rivals in majority of anime and manga world are to make the main characters realize their feeling NOT to make them end up together..

I'am sure if Komiya was the main character and Natsume was the rival..they will simply ship for Natsume... people always walk against the wind ..

For me I ship for Natsume X Izumi strongly and I hope they will have more moments and end up together simply because they deserve each other..

Unlike some random girl you have just met like Komiya who knows about Izumi's feeling for Natsume ... and was playing with it when she was sending Natsume's photo to him from time to time.. and in this episode she selfishly asks Natsume to date Izumi..

As for Natsume, it's more realistic for her to feel confuse..because she was trying to move on from liking Souma and she has to focus on her tests.. So it will be fake for her to fall in love with Izumi directly especially seeing how vague Izumi is about his feeling..
hana_sanNov 24, 2017 12:05 AM
Nov 24, 2017 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
I really like that scene on the train when Eita asks some test questions, although I kinda feel that the scene leading up to it is not that good.

Now I wonder who should I ship more with Eita.
Nov 24, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
hana_san said:

I'am sure if Komiya was the main character and Natsume was the rival..they will simply ship for Natsume... people always walk against the wind ..

Quote this for truth.
Nov 24, 2017 1:55 AM

May 2017
I quite understand why most of people here are rooting for Ena (I'm rooting for her too) but I think you guys are too harsh on Mio.

btw I'm looking forward to the next episode as Ena will surely ask Mio why she can't go out with Eita, and yes we all know that she won't be able to answer that.

Also looking forward to know more about Eita because actually we know very little about him. (apart from he is nice, easy to annoyed, introvert and often hurt by his own word)
Nov 24, 2017 2:09 AM

Oct 2015
Man why do best girls always tend to lose to the main girl, I really like Komiya, but it’s obvious she will not win the war. That confrontation though and an immediate “no, you can’t” by Mio damn!! But why on earth Komiya asking permission from Mio??
Nov 24, 2017 2:41 AM

Feb 2014
Finally the big confrontation is here!! Komiya attacc but Natsume dame?

When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 24, 2017 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
OHOHO!! THIS IS GETTING SHAPED UP A NOTCH. Honestly I like both characters however I lean towards Natsume because while I do like Komiya, she isn't the most... I would say lovable of them all, and the route stands still honestly. Best episode so far for the series with all of that out of the way.
Nov 24, 2017 4:50 AM

Aug 2017
I personally like Komiya more then Natsume(this episode improved my impression on her a bit) and want her to win in this love duel....
#Komiya x Eita
Nov 24, 2017 5:00 AM

Nov 2016
I really enjoy this episode.
I like both, but I prefer Komiya than natsume because she don't really know what she really want so she's a little annoying, but in this episode we can hope she finaly want to be with Eita so let's see what happen in the next episode :3 ~
Nov 24, 2017 6:01 AM
May 2012
Nope....seems people are obsessed with komiya and bashing Mio...I, for one, don't care the final pair( but it's kinda obvious)...

Go watch from the 1st episode...it's clear Eita likes Mio and has no interest whatsoever in Komiya
Nov 24, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 2014
JizzyHitler said:
God damn it i hate love triangles, especially these ones where they actually gave genuine chemistry to both the girls. I would say I prefer Natsume over ena, it feels more fitting with the tone and theme of the series and in general I find unrequited love finally coming true to be really sweet.

That said man people are way too fucking harsh on natsume just cause she liked someone else before. Do you people really think just cause you liked someone else before you are no longer allowed to change those feelings or in her case realize the close friend you've had all this time might be something more. Thats just how relationships work.

So much this!!!!!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 24, 2017 6:54 AM
Nov 2017
Personally I think that it would be too obvious for Izumi to get together with Natsume. Komiya is the most interesting character so I hope she gets more development in future episodes.
Nov 24, 2017 8:05 AM
May 2016
The "Dame!" ...I'm pretty sure it's gonna take her few episodes to make a move even after saying that. Very original dialogue though. In other Anime, it would be "I think I fell in love with Izumi" but Komiya went like: "Bitch, I'm gonna ask him out, you got a problem with that?" :D
Don't be mean on the internet just because you're gonna die a virgin. We all are.
Nov 24, 2017 8:31 AM
Jan 2016
I still hope Komiya will win even her chances are very small
Nov 24, 2017 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Maruko-san said:
Man why do best girls always tend to lose to the main girl, I really like Komiya, but it’s obvious she will not win the war. That confrontation though and an immediate “no, you can’t” by Mio damn!! But why on earth Komiya asking permission from Mio??

In case you didn't see this:

hana_san said:

And it's obvious why she's asking a permission. She's just a third party as she's aware of it and third party people always try a way to intervene into a relationship. Komiya's way is to destroy the incoming relationship between Natsume and Izumi before it happens. At least she's not trying to backstab Natsume since most people would backstab their friend if they found their crush is in love of their friend and more or less their friend also shares the same feelings.
TennoujiNov 24, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 24, 2017 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
Komiya is definatly beast girl far more interesting that Natsume who spends most of her time looking silly. Wouldn't it be refreshing if Koymiya won? Won't happen though how many times have we seen this happen....
Nov 24, 2017 1:49 PM
Feb 2013
Omnisword said:
hana_san said:

Quote this for truth.

Probably true because main girl generally carries with it symptoms of being a shitty character to drag out the plot and heartache/drama in usually nonsensical ways. Mio isn't a shitty character but she still has annoying qualities generally present in the indecisive main girl.
Nov 24, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, Natsume managed to respond to Komiya in a straightforward manner. There may still be hope for Natsume, all her misfortune aside.
Nov 24, 2017 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
Omnisword said:
JizzyHitler said:

Honestly, i see people hate Natsume for no reason at all most only driven by blinded sheep to hate her just because them love the so called best girl Komiya.

SoraSenpai said:
Yo Natsume is a fucking bitch!!!!!! Yo she honestly only cared about Souma and then started getting pissy when Mori started to talking to him and Souma didn't notice her.

Then she's going to get jealous that Komiya (best girl BTW) is jumping on him and having fun with him.

Meanwhile Komiya is struggling with her own feelings not knowing what love or liking someone is. However knowing for a fact that Eita likes Natsume, Komiya calls out Natsume to ask permission...FUCKING ASK PERMISSION IF SHE can ask Eita on a date. To which Natsume replies "No you can't." For no fucking reason why other then she's a jealous BITCH!

WORST CHARACTER OF THE YEAR. TRASHIEST OF THEM ALL.

Overall the episode was decent.

Are you dumb? The episode literally ended after she replied. Of course we wouldn't get any reason for now.
Seriously, Komiyafag are so annoying with their unreasonable bash to Natsume. If you watch the last episode, you should know why she instantly rejected her request.
Worst character of the year? really how many show you watched this year? Is Just because your first anime?

When it comes to the reply I understand that it was the end of the episode...so yeah we'll get her reasoning why next week but that was more directly angered towards that moment being the end of the episode and us not getting an answer right away

She rejected her request because she got jealous of Komiya on Eita's back, which resulted in her remembering that Eita was really nice to her in Middle school. However she was so blinded by her infatuation with Souma that she didn't realize Eita was close with her the whole time, until that moment.

So Natsume's logic is "Well while I can't be with Souma because I missed my chance (btw she had a 4 year period to confess and she didn't) I'll just ruin my Kouhai's chances of being happy as well. Because now all of a sudden Natsume has a revalation and has feelings for Eita while his feelings for Natsume have stayed the same for the last 4 years as well.

Again Pretty Trashy move on Natsume's part. Going from one guy to the next.

As for the amount of anime I watch. Listen here Junior I watch 18-24 currently airing shows a season. Feel free to check my list and make your decision on my tastes about Males and Females after you do your homework.

Also my hate for Natsume is there because I'd rather not have ANOTHER anime go down the cliche route of the Main protagonists being together at the end for story purposes.
SoraSenpaiNov 24, 2017 3:26 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 24, 2017 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
JizzyHitler said:

Biut is this how love works? Do they love him? DOES HE LOVE THEM?
Omnisword said:

Yep the experts say he is.

When you find these so called "Experts" let me know.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 24, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
His urge to run and help Natsume was really weird but otherwise it was okay episode. Still, have to say that Komiya and Eita has the best chemistry in the show, their dialogues are very natural (as opposed to Mio x Eita awkwardness) and it would be really weird if they didn't end with each other just for the sake of indecisive Mio who simply doesn't know what she actually wants.

I mean, come on, all the time she fails to acknowledge anything, rejecting his feelings and now when she saw them together having fun she's actually acting jelly saying the date is no-no? Sorry but that's not how the real life works and I would be honestly fed-up with this series if Ena backs-off because of her.

On the other hand, the relationship of Komiya and Eita is still barebones, they didn't have the time to grow anything deep, it's just liking right now so Mio can probably force-overwrite that if she wants. Still, I can't but favor Ena here, even the series was structured this way.
Nov 24, 2017 6:50 PM
Jul 2016
I like Eita to choose Ena, because I really like her personality and her feelings were genuine. But somehow, I want Mio to end up with Eita.

I don't understant what I want at all. I want an alternate route I guess.
Nov 24, 2017 6:54 PM

Dec 2015
Really glad they took the week off, this episode was pretty well polished and I'm glad they took the time to properly explain the last episode. The new ED looks nice as well.

Really hoping Izumi x Komiya sets sail, Komiya >>>>> Natsume.
~
Nov 24, 2017 9:17 PM

Jul 2017
uran10 said:
I like both girls but I prefer natsume. I understand where she's coming from and I think people are just hard on her cause she is confused and indecisive. Personally I'm watching her start to grow, while camera girl seems to be getting jealous now and is ready to make her move. Natsume who has finally realized her own feelings for Izumi is starting to move as well. Izumi also has no interest in Komiya. She's going to get her heart broken if this keeps up, I'm just saying.

I completely agree. Eita has shared many more experiences with Natsume aswell and Komiya is really the one who seems jealous because of how close they have gotten once again. Komiya is just confused and tried to find love fast; if anything she doesn't know her true feelings or Eita because she was too fast to choose him. Natsume has had lots of time and experience, and Eita has showed he cares for her. ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
Natsume's finally realizing she likes Eita, huh?

Ena's too cute, and I respect her honesty in asking Natsume's permission to date Eita. As much as I ship Ena x Eita, in an episode like this one you can tell how much he likes Natsume. He's totally devoted to her, and he's always trying to support her. If Natsume likes Eita now, then it makes sense that the ship is going to sail.
Nov 24, 2017 9:54 PM

Nov 2015
I've been saying this over and over, but yet again Komiya Ena is undoubtedly best girl. I hope she asks Izumi out anyway, but since he's clearly into Natsume enough to coach her through exams I suppose that ship has sailed. Sucks...I'd love this show to have an unpredictable ending.

I do not, however, dislike Natsume. I get where she's coming from and there's nothing to hate. But I do prefer Komiya's personality and I can't say that I 100% cared for Natsume's total shutdown of Komiya's feelings.

Then again, Komiya probably shouldn't have even asked Natsume in the first place. They aren't really friends at all. But again, it's pretty clear that Izumi would say no. It's pretty much an academic question unless something huge happens (and I truly hope it does).
delta5Nov 24, 2017 10:08 PM
Nov 24, 2017 10:08 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmm. So Natsume found out she had competition. Well, I don't quite think that Komiya's really after Izumi herself though.

She probably finds it somewhat irritating that they're not together yet? Maybe something like that. Dunno. Well, either way, I do like Komiya. But even then, I want to see how the Izumi X Natsume shipping plays out.
Nov 25, 2017 2:02 AM
Apr 2017
"no"

what a shocking way to end an episode lmao
Nov 25, 2017 2:03 AM
Jun 2017
i think komiya calls out natsume to ask permission was decent coz she got closer to izumi when natsume help out komiya to met him. Yup, as we see she has responsibilities to do that
Nov 25, 2017 2:27 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, now I guess I have no choice but to agree with people who don't like Natsume because it turns out she really is a bitch in sheep's clothing. Pining after one guy and trying to call dibs on another all at the same time? Yeah, she deserves to end up all alone in the end.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 25, 2017 2:49 AM

Aug 2017
The episode was great.

Too many comments here need Izumi to move from Natsume to Komiya.

Well, that poor move because Izumi keep his first love for many years and now he has a chance to get his girl and you need him to waste his chance.

I don't know where the logic things here as a man I love a woman I will do anything to get my love by using any chance in front of me.
Nov 25, 2017 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
Man, Japan has dealt with nuclear bomb, tsunami and seism, but they lose their mind over 3 little cm of snow. It looks like a regular november day to me.

I don't like Komiya. She just seeks attention from the mysterious transfer student. In fact, she started to like him because he was mysterious. It's a very weak reason to love someone imo and she's just desperate to find any reason to like him more, why she's always around him.
Nov 25, 2017 5:02 AM

Sep 2016
"can I ask him out on a date?"
"No, you can't"
l laughed so hard during that part idk why.

We all know IzumiXNatsume is end game. It's a cliche really.
"Main protaganist ends up with his childhood crush because he does stuff that makes childhood crush like him back"

Honestly, I'm more interested in Morikawa and Haruto. Like how is the relationship gonna biuild up now?
Nov 25, 2017 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I don't see Izumi changing how he feels about Natsume. It's just going to be sad for Komiya.

Nov 25, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Nice flashback we've got there, our kouhai Komiya seems now desperate, let's see how she'll respond to Natsume's answer. I can't see Izumi liking Komiya, cause he still like Natsume, feels bad for Komiya who's been trying her best to be noticed with her feelings.
Nov 25, 2017 9:51 AM
Feb 2012
Animation is utter garbage, but this is still one of my favorite shows this season.
#TeamKomiya
Nov 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
I really like how Natsume say no.
I know She is like the girl that doesn't know who she likes more, and she waste her chance, and a bit awful at episode 4, but i still support her.
Maybe because she just like me, thats need more time to realize...
Nov 25, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2013
This has become fairly compelling. Great episode. It feels like there's only one possiblity though.
Nov 25, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
Last two lines pure gold, so precious

Considering the number of guys shitting on Natsume and liking Komiya here there and everywhere it's surprising Natsume still has more favs than Komiya now. Still like them about as equally myself

CG said:
Pining after one guy and trying to call dibs on another all at the same time? Yeah, she deserves to end up all alone in the end.

If I recall correctly she pretty much gave up on the 'one guy' with the eraser scene.

Back on top form this week
LanzNov 25, 2017 11:20 AM
Nov 25, 2017 11:36 AM

Aug 2016
I don't understand how such a simple story can entertain me so much ... The Slice of Life genre is undoubtedly that I love most in the anime world, "human" stories with a daily scense, marked by problems, joys, sorrows that could happened to anyone in this world.

Simply Just Because!

5/5
Nov 25, 2017 8:41 PM
Jul 2009
Wow... Natsume really surprised me with that response at the end. Bonus points to both girls for having the resolve to stand up for their newfound feelings. Damnz, this is going to get even more intriguing. I knew I should have just waited to binge this lol.

Mushki said:
lmfao they shut everything down for a couple inches of snow... Meanwhile in here in Minnesota....

Eyyyy represent!

Nov 25, 2017 9:04 PM

Apr 2015
Natsume will gain a lot more detractors when her friends start bashing Morikawa 'for' her it seems
Nov 25, 2017 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Natsume for the win! Yeah, don't lose this time girl!
Nov 25, 2017 11:01 PM

Oct 2008
And it has begun! the fight for Eita's D**k on which of the two girls would reign supreme on getting it! lolz!
5/5.

gomennasai said:
Mio's "dame" was fucking perfect. I think it can have two meanings based on context: 1, telling Ena to back off 2, something she said out of desperation, the first thing that came to her mind and she said that out loudly by accident. I'm thinking of the latter. Her whole head is a mess inside because of a sudden crush on Eita, combined with a frustration of the entrance exams... and now this. Kinda like "Can this just stop now?"

+1 basically this comment is bulls-eye!

After reading all the comments I'm on the side of #TeamKomiya
matias067Nov 25, 2017 11:35 PM

Nov 25, 2017 11:35 PM

Oct 2015
My boy Eita finally got a love triangle, who will win at the end?
Nov 26, 2017 1:49 AM

Apr 2014
Omnisword said:
hana_san said:

Quote this for truth.

Trying to spread wisdom in this thread feels like
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

355 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jul 16, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

135 by venbals »»
May 17, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.