Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people not like fan service or echii stuff in their anime?

New
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2017 2:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
flannan said:

Hivemind is strong in humans. On MAL it's actually weaker, I'd say.

judging from how many people in the anime community can't seem to make their own decisions.. i'd say its pretty damn strong here

think about all the shit people say

"how should i?"

"is it ok if i?"

"i don't know whether or not to"

"im not gonna watch this cause i heard its bad"

etc

Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

Well that just isn't true. Gunbuster is pretty serious. But guess what? The breasts only move what is realistic for them to be moving. Which is something I greatly appreciate. I like that they don't randomly hide that tits move in different ways. I thought the boob movement in that was amazingly done.

I think there are plenty of good dramas with moving tits. And anyone who is offended by the fact that boobs move probably just don't even like the idea of women being in action anime in the first place.

It actually annoyed me a bit that even though we saw Kagome naked, pantsu was just not a thing. lol. She was wearing such a short skirt.

i don't consider Gunbuster serious.. i don't care about the premise of a show i care about the tone

many people like to take anime like Akame ga Kill!, HoTD, Taboo Tattoo, etc seriously, just because there is drama death, violence and gore, but it just doenst work that way, that doesn't mean a show is meant to be taken seriously. i equate those anime with western movies like Machete, Deadpool and Rush Hour

imo if a show is to be taken seriously they shouldn't be constantly trying to make me laugh, which anime doesn't all the time, hence giving me the impression that most anime isn't meant to be, which i've heard before, and knowing japan, thats probably the case since they tend to turn anything into a joke

Jul 29, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
maybe some of them are watching anime with their friends and family that are not anime fans to begin with lol
Jul 29, 2017 3:07 AM

Mar 2015
my ecchi list is very thick, but the rate is damn low... that should said what in my mind... i don't mind, even like it, i juts more often displeased...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 29, 2017 3:18 AM

Apr 2015
because it's corny, not serious and not for intellectuals. I watch anime 4 the plot literally. I can't have some annoying forced ecchi scene ruining my focus.
Jul 29, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2009
flannan said:

MortalMelancholy said:
Takes up a lot of screentime, which makes it (ecchi) and having a plot, mutually exclusive. And ecchi anime often fail to have ecchi good enough to replace the presence of a plot.

Wait, what? I've seen even hentai with a plot, you know.
Would you say shows like No Game No Life or Nanatsu no Taisai (both of them) don't have plot?
Or maybe Strike the Blood and Madan no Ou to Vanadis don't have plot?
What does have plot in your opinion?

Ah, clarification: The quantity of ecchi scenes is negatively correlated with how seriously you can take the plot of the anime and ecchi scenes rarely contribute to the anime overall, and are more or less, stand-alone, and similar scenes would work in almost any ecchi focused anime. So to make up for the negative impact it has on plot, character development, etc., it better be some incredibly good ecchi.
MortalMelancholyJul 29, 2017 3:44 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 29, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2015
Ecchi and fan service are the main reason anime has such a bad reputation in the west. It really saddens me that people who don't like ecchi are labeled as "prudes" , "sjw" or whatever on MAL. You make it sound like not liking an anime because of ecchi is not a legit reason.

Jul 29, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
It has no purpose except for appealing to the otaku community and fan boys.

Further it gives zero shit to physics and basically redefines the laws of the female body.
Jul 29, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
It depends on what I'm watching. I don't hate echii/fan service, I'm OK most of the time, but still not a fan. And I don't like it because I have my reasons, just like anyone else that dislikes anything else. Why is it so important for some people to know things like these anyway?
Jul 29, 2017 3:58 AM

May 2017
Because it's distracting and just ruins the mood and the flow of the story.

I don't need it.

"We're all human. We all make mistakes sometimes.
Just don't make mistakes when lives are at stake."
~ Great-Grandmother Mikage, Gin no Saji

Jul 29, 2017 4:15 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
JonasTheJay said:
Ecchi and fan service are the main reason anime has such a bad reputation in the west. It really saddens me that people who don't like ecchi are labeled as "prudes" , "sjw" or whatever on MAL. You make it sound like not liking an anime because of ecchi is not a legit reason.

Why does it matter what the west thinks when much of the weat is still stuck in the dark ages when ot comes to sexuality?

Even if youre not an sjw, it's still this kind of mentality that encourages sjw behavior

@MortalMelancholy

Showing off what you can do with animation is part of the point of animating something, and that includes randomly showing off how sexy you characters are... it's not only about the story and plot, books are only about story and plot

People like sexual body parts and only in fiction can they be idealized, so it's a complete waste not to take advantage of that just because there's people who will complain, especially if the creators enjoy drawing sexy stuff

aiji_hotaru said:

I don't need it.

People who say this need to realize that thats nothing but a personal problem, get a better attention span
Jul 29, 2017 4:22 AM

Aug 2015
Because it's often done in the cheapest way possible. We've all seen the typical scenes like the "trip and fall into boobs" stuff.

A lot of anime just rehash those scenes with different characters and think they're done. Ecchi is often treated as an afterthought, it doesn't really do much for the plot or characters but they feel the need to fill their ecchi quota, so they just add in the standard ecchi scenes somewhere.

I enjoy or am at least not annoyed by sexual fanservice if it's done with some more effort (Monogatari Series) and/or they've smoothly integrated it as a part of the story (Prison School, Keijo).
Jul 29, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2015
@EcchiKingMamster

I still don't really understand how fanservice is supposed to make a show any better though. The only thing it does it making an anime unwatchable with family or friends. It pushes anime even more in this niche corner.
Jul 29, 2017 5:16 AM

Nov 2012

JonasTheJay said:

Sir, I would reply to this statement, but the fact that you have a Yang Wenli forum avatar shows to me that you're just a typical boring elitist who only cares about having an appearance of great taste in front of other people, thus your opinion is invalid.

Jul 29, 2017 5:22 AM
Sep 2011
I have a pretty high tolerance for ecchi, particularly if it is an advertised element of a series or it becomes apparent by the end of the first episode that it's going to be front(al) and center. For instance, you know exactly what you're getting into within 10 minutes of watching Valkyrie Drive.

What I DON'T like are series (particularly drama) that go from having little ecchi to having absurd quantities, either gradually or in an instant (possibly as a play for ratings). Fairy Tail is a borderline example of this, but there are far, far worse offenders.

If you want to see egregious examples of really bad ecchi placement
1) Read the Kenichi manga from start to finish, and notice how the female fighters go from getting a few shady camera angles to literally losing all of their clothing during fights, win or lose.
2) Watch Soukou no Strain episode 7, and observe a series go from having zero fan-service to being one with a full-frontal lesbian shower scene.
ClodRakerJul 29, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 29, 2017 5:34 AM

Nov 2009
JonasTheJay said:

Disliking fanservice is pretty much the definition of "prude". But my preferred label is "minions of the church" or "theists", because I in my experience, anti-sexuality views mostly stem from twisted clusterfuck that is Judeo-Christian "morality".
I'm sure they are the same people who want to regulate length of skirts and prohibit walking around naked IRL. And the same as people who stone women to death for wearing jeans in muslim countries.
They should all be killed off, for the sake of freedom, progress and social justice.

JonasTheJay said:
@EcchiKingMamster

I still don't really understand how fanservice is supposed to make a show any better though. The only thing it does it making an anime unwatchable with family or friends. It pushes anime even more in this niche corner.

If you can't watch ecchi with your friends, you should consider getting better friends.
Also, fanservice underlines how girls are attractive, which works well in romance, and generates sympathy for them, which works pretty much everywhere.

@EcchiKingMamster - congratulations on promotion. Or is "ascension" the right word?
Jul 29, 2017 5:39 AM

Feb 2015
SuperRed said:

JonasTheJay said:

Sir, I would reply to this statement, but the fact that you have a Yang Wenli forum avatar shows to me that you're just a typical boring elitist who only cares about having an appearance of great taste in front of other people, thus your opinion is invalid.

Oh come on, I'm not even an elitist and my opinion doesn't become invalid just because you dislike my avatar. If you're really that hung up on calling people elitists just because they like LogH, let me tell you I had a picture of Yugi Muto before I used this Yang image, just saying ;)
Jul 29, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
ClodRaker said:
2) Watch Soukou no Strain episode 7, and observe a series go from having zero fan-service to being one with a full-frontal lesbian shower scene.

I'm sure they already had hot scenes between older brother and that captain back in episode 4. And heroine in her underwear back in episode 1.
That's not what I would call "zero fan-service" if I'm going to complain about a little lesbian shower scene.
Jul 29, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
@flannan

I'm more of a lurker but I've seen your posts numerous times and I was wondering if you acknowledge the stance that I write earlier (copied into this comment for easier access).

PizzaOnPineapple said:
N E W S F L A S H

Scientist discovered that different people like different things. More at 11.

I personally don't oppose fanservice, but 90% of the time it's just done so horribly immature it hurts to watch. Your profile pic is a perfect example of how not to do fanservice:

Hurhur the guy is grabbing her boobs and it makes weird noises hahahaha!!! FUNNY!! That is what I want from MY entertainment!!

I don't dislike fanservice. I dislike fanservice that insults my intelligence.
What I also dislike is the fact that most anime has to make a big deal out of their fanservice (or other skinship in general). They don't even act remotely human. And if the characters act like characters and not like human beings I'm not gonna care about anything happening with/to them on screen.

Another example would be the countless "running in on a girl changing" or "falling and landing an girls breast" scenes. You'd imagine normal people to be embarassed and get off the girl/close the door as fast as possible and apologize (even if the boy did nothing wrong). They might be embarassed after the accident and the following conversations could be interesting BUT FUCKING NO SLAP THAT FUCKER! FUNNY!!!

I just want to not feel insulted when looking at anime tiddies man.

I want to emphasize that I do not dislike fanservice but am disappointed with how fanservice is handled most of the time. Anime seems to make such a big deal out of T&A that it seems juvenile to me, e.g. 99% of the time the aforementioned "walking into a girl changing" and similar scenes.

As a reference, I just completed Space Dandy that had a fairly mild amount of fanservice and I enjoyed the fanservice there, for example.
In the limited amout of your posts I've seen I have never seen you mention that the way the fanservice is implemented matters to you in a way that it matters to me.
PitzerJul 29, 2017 6:11 AM
Jul 29, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
it just takes away the enjoyment of anime for me. I'm not interested in seeing ecchi/fan service. it can ruin good shows as well, Food Wars for example. it just felt so unnecessary. and on the off chance I feel like watching ecchi, I can never watch more than a couple episodes without dropping it.
Jul 29, 2017 6:38 AM

Nov 2009
@PizzaOnPineapple
Yes, I've read your post. I did not find in it anything I particularly wanted to reply to, so I did not reply. I you want to, I can do a step-by-step reply.

PizzaOnPineapple said:
N E W S F L A S H

Scientist discovered that different people like different things. More at 11.

Sure, different people like different things. But why are some people so obnoxious about disliking fanservice? It's not like they're all sex-negative feminists, are they?

PizzaOnPineapple said:
I personally don't oppose fanservice, but 90% of the time it's just done so horribly immature it hurts to watch. Your profile pic is a perfect example of how not to do fanservice:

I find Nanatsu no Taisai fanservice to be pretty weak, but I do not find it particularly immature. At least, when compared to the rest of the anime, which isn't "mature" in any meaning of the word. After all, it's a shounen battle anime, and its core audience is pretty young.
The part that weirds me out is how the princess is okay with all the stuff the MC does to her. Even when other characters remind her she should get angry.

PizzaOnPineapple said:
I don't dislike fanservice. I dislike fanservice that insults my intelligence.

What I also dislike is the fact that most anime has to make a big deal out of their fanservice (or other skinship in general). They don't even act remotely human. And if the characters act like characters and not like human beings I'm not gonna care about anything happening with/to them on screen.

Another example would be the countless "running in on a girl changing" or "falling and landing an girls breast" scenes. You'd imagine normal people to be embarassed and get off the girl/close the door as fast as possible and apologize (even if the boy did nothing wrong). They might be embarassed after the accident and the following conversations could be interesting BUT FUCKING NO SLAP THAT FUCKER! FUNNY!!!

I just want to not feel insulted when looking at anime tiddies man.

You're better off being really choosy with your anime. Most anime is made for rather dumb "ordinary people". Or maybe it's just that the authors aren't exactly professors, and anime is only as smart as they are.
Me, I'm just used to anime being not the smartest thing ever. It's still better than the alternatives.

Generally, I chalk things in anime not working like they do IRL up to cultural differences. And the fact girls around me aren't tsundere.

PizzaOnPineapple said:
In the limited amout of your posts I've seen I have never seen you mention that the way the fanservice is implemented matters to you in a way that it matters to me.

I do not truly understand how implementation of fanservice matters to you, but it does matter to me. Not all fanservice anime are equally hot, you know.

But I am not the kind of snob who would complain I've seen something a thousand times already. I might have seen a thousand pantyshots already (actually, I've probably seen half that amount in Najika Blitz Tactics alone), but it's still interesting to know what kind of panties the heroine of the new anime is wearing.
Jul 29, 2017 7:04 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@flannan

lol thanks, i guess that would be correct

i didn't realize how much more i like ecchi than most people, so i had to change it... i'd already been considering it since lord is lower than king, and among most anime fans, i'm definitely king level when it comes to how much i like ecchi

JonasTheJay said:
@EcchiKingMamster

because sexy and sexy shots are appealing to human beings and it therefore makes characters more attractive, and its another good form of fap material how does that not make a show better? just because you and some other people don't like it?

"this doesn't appeal to me" =/= "this shouldn't be a thing"

why do you have to watch anime with family and friends? and what makes you think you family and friends would care? and even if they care, that is their issue

and just like flannan said.. get better friends

sure, you can't control your family, but you don't have to bow down to the demands of everyone who disagrees, something im super glad japan doesn't do

ClodRaker said:
I have a pretty high tolerance for ecchi, particularly if it is an advertised element of a series or it becomes apparent by the end of the first episode that it's going to be front(al) and center. For instance, you know exactly what you're getting into within 10 minutes of watching Valkyrie Drive.

What I DON'T like are series (particularly drama) that go from having little ecchi to having absurd quantities, either gradually or in an instant (possibly as a play for ratings). Fairy Tail is a borderline example of this, but there are far, far worse offenders.

If you want to see egregious examples of really bad ecchi placement
1) Read the Kenichi manga from start to finish, and notice how the female fighters go from getting a few shady camera angles to literally losing all of their clothing during fights, win or lose.

and what if the author just changed their mind?

Electik said:
its basically all a cheap marketing ploy, theres no depth and generally adds nothing to an anime or its characters. it also makes ppl uncomfortable for their own reasons, especially when a lot of the time (but not all the time) its based on teenage girls or in some cases guys. so its pretty off-putting

its not a "cheap marketing ploy".. ever consider the fact that men just like to draw sexy women and show it off?

why are you acting as though the creators are robots who only do what fans want and not human beings with perverted hormones?

what do you mean it adds nothing to the characters? it adds several things

1. sex appeal, it can make a character more attractive to someone

2. ecchi scenes much of the time show a characters personality

3. sometimes its comedic

oh boo hoo, "it makes people uncomfortable", so fucking what? they're just being babies, we don't need this SJW safespace bullshit, we just need the people who feel that way to not watch

theyre idealized fictional teenage girls that are meant to be as attractive as possible, there is absolutely no reason to feel ashamed of that, especially when teenagers irl are sexually mature and therefore are going to be hot to people

SuperRed said:

JonasTheJay said:

yes, this obsession the west has with proving how "manly", "smart" and "moral" we are definitely plays a huge part in complaining about sexual fanservice

because its considered a bad thing to be horny, despite being horny being an essential part of keeping the human race going

but ofc.. as @flannan senpai stated.. it mostly stems from Abrahamic faith that started the whole censoring sexual content moment
EcchiGodMamsterJul 29, 2017 7:08 AM
Jul 29, 2017 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
@flannan

i didn't realize how much more i like ecchi than most people, so i had to change it... i'd already been considering it since lord is lower than king, and among most anime fans, i'm definitely king level when it comes to how much i like ecchi
The next time you can change your name add God instead so you can join me and the others onto the path of God hood
Jul 29, 2017 7:14 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
@flannan

The next time you can change your name add God instead so you can join me and the others onto the path of God hood

once i realize that absolutely NO ONE on this site can compete with how much i love ecchi and sexual fanservice, then i will probably do that LOL
Jul 29, 2017 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
Because it's disgusting and trash.
Jul 29, 2017 7:18 AM

Jan 2016
Personally fanservice can ruin the emersion for me. And if it's there for no reason other than to increase DVD sales, I hate and actively avoid it. If it has an actual meaning to the story, then that's better.

Ecchi is an art form, and you can express art in whatever way you want. I mean, I don't mind art...
Jul 29, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2013
Electik said:
the creators of shows know sex sells. if they create it some loser will jack off to it.
jacking off is a natural thing so saying that and adding loser to it is rather stupid honestly
You could always just be like me and not fap to ecchi but don't call someone a loser for doing something which is a natural behaviour
there is nothing wrong with finding a 15 year old or someone with a very mature body to be sexy
if they have the right body you can't really help finding them hot regardless if he is 25 or whatever
Jul 29, 2017 7:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Electik said:
@EcchiKingMamster

the creators of shows know sex sells. if they create it some loser will jack off to it. then they get the money and continue to do it.

secondly ecchi scenes rarely add anything. comedy and sex appeal don't write a good character. they just remain a tool to sell the anime and nothing more.

thirdly, don't go calling teenage girls,particularly irl ones ,hot. its disgusting considering your profile says you're like 25+

Prime example of moralfag sjw bullshit right here, you're so cool aren't you, what a badass
Jul 29, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
Mostly because they relate fanservice with pleasing fans, and relate that to not focusing on plot etc. Or because they're prude. idk
Jul 29, 2017 7:33 AM

Jul 2016
These always expose who the ignorant people are.
Jul 29, 2017 7:34 AM

Oct 2013
Electik said:
@EcchiKingMamster
thanks! i pride myself on pissing off pedophiles!!
pedophiles are those who find kids who haven't hit puberty sexy so your accusation is wrong since Mamster is calling sexually matured teenagers sexy
DeknijffJul 29, 2017 7:38 AM
Jul 29, 2017 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's threads like these and some people present here that remind me, the ignored users feature needs a bigger limit.
Deknijff said:
Electik said:
@EcchiKingMamster
thanks! i pride myself on pissing off pedophiles!!
pedophiles are those who find kids who haven't hit puberty sexy so your accusation is wrong since Mamster is calling sexually matured teenagers sexy
These days, even finding a 20 year old girl attractive is considered pedophilia.
Jul 29, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2015
Example from different media with sexual fanservice I like is Bayonetta video game. Now I'm not a gamer, I'm just a dirty casual so what I want from a video game differs. But the fanservice made the game more fun and added some unique personality to the game that I love. It wouldn't be the same game with out it and quite frankly more boring. Making Bayonetta not sexual would remove big part of the character. And the plot was also interesting.

Other example I can think of is Heavy metal movie from the 1981. Women characters are sexualized and it has sexual stuff in it. But that's one of it's charms. Removing it would change it quite drastically as it's included in it to make it clear it's mature and for adults to enjoy also it's name is Heavy metal so of course it's gonna include some naked women. One can say they don't like it because women in it are just there for sex appeal and other can say it's appreciating female body.

EcchiKingMamster said:

yea, i draw ecchi all the time, and i'd rather draw a girl in a skimpy outfit than outright nude, cause im more turned on by teasing than i am by hardcore material, i generally don't find hardcore sexual material that hot

I don't think that's so uncommon. Quite many artists like to draw their characters as sexually appealing but rather not do anything explicit content for many reasons. But I salute those people who do because damn it's hard. Seriously how does hips work? I have no fucking clue and I have tried to study that shit for many years now.

JonasTheJay said:

I'd say animanga isn't seen in positive light even in Japan.

But I personally don't think any media needs to be praised by majority and critics. Unless they want more money then that's a different story but something being so called "underground" isn't necessarily bad by any means. Well animanga isn't really underground stuff as it's quite known but it's popularity is still small in west. Not trying to make content that is supposed to be big hit can create many interesting things from creators.

aiji_hotaru said:

I don't need it.

Then I ask what did you expect from the series? It could just be you wanted something else from the show that it didn't even try to be. Sure you can criticize it all you like and say you would have liked it more if done differently, but maybe it just wasn't for you in the first place.
konkeloJul 29, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 29, 2017 7:40 AM
Jun 2016
It usually serves no purpose whatsoever. It could be offensive. It could have shock value depending from what entertainment medium you have came from(even if most of them have it). My perception though is that it would feel out of character if you place fanservice on a character who doesn't want to do fanservice, it could be uncomfortable to watch...However, I honestly like fanservice. It what makes anime, anime. It has also made me more interested in the medium. Go fanservice! Woo!
Jul 29, 2017 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
Electik said:
Deknijff said:
pedophiles are those who find kids who haven't hit puberty sexy so you accusation is wrong since Mamster is calling sexually matured teenagers sexy
they're..... still... minors.......its gross and shouldn't be defended, sorry i don't make the rules
so finding someone who is sexually attractive attractive is wrong here?
Where I live its not uncommon for 20-22 year olds to date 15-16 year olds
You can't stop a sexually mature person from having sex as thats their human rights. We have laws to protect minors so they can't do porn or drink but what they do in the privacy of their own home is their right. Last I checked it wasn't so uncommon for girls to prefer older men and that men preferred younger girls so your expectations on reality are very stupid
I also honestly feel you should apologise to Mamster for labelling him as something he is not since you should act mature here
Jul 29, 2017 7:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Darek said:
It's threads like these and some people present here that remind me, the ignored users feature needs a bigger limit.
Deknijff said:
These days, even finding a 20 year old girl attractive is considered pedophilia.

Yep, I've had 20+ year old coworkers with boobs call a 40+ year old man creepy for hitting on them... what the actual fuck?

There's nothing wrong with acknowledgimg that an underage girl is sexy just because there's a law against having sex with them in some countries

Making a character more sexy = serves no purpose?

Does how the audience views an idealized character physically not matter to some ppl?
Jul 29, 2017 7:57 AM

Oct 2013
Electik said:
Deknijff said:
You can't stop a sexually mature person from having sex as thats their human rights. We have laws to protect minors so they can't do porn or drink but what they do in the privacy of their own home is their right. Last I checked it wasn't so uncommon for girls to prefer older men and that men preferred younger girls so your expectations on reality are very stupid
I also honestly feel you should apologise to Mamster for labelling him as something he is not since you should act mature here
i do not care abt how things are where you live or whats common or not. ppl under 18 are children and adults should not be attracted to them fullstop. there are literally laws barring those kinds of relationships. i will not move on this and i will not apologize.
Well good luck to you then
I hope your friends and family can survive living with a disgusting unmature moral fag who can't accept the reality of the world
They must have it rough
Jul 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Jul 2016
@Electik The age of consent is 16 in my state.
Jul 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Sep 2016
Simple answer: Because people don't wanna fap every time they watch anime.
Jul 29, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
SenpieX said:
its not like the fan service is forcing them to fap though
Jul 29, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
Electik said:
Deknijff said:

i do not care abt how things are where you live or whats common or not. ppl under 18 are children and adults should not be attracted to them fullstop. there are literally laws barring those kinds of relationships. i will not move on this and i will not apologize.

"The laws says so" is not an argument since you can find many bad laws anywhere, sorry.
Jul 29, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2013

Depends on the show, but in general terms I think excessive fan service is lazy and unimaginative.
Jul 29, 2017 8:16 AM

Jul 2016
SuperRed said:
The laws says so" is not an argument since you can find many bad laws anywhere, sorry.

And the law doesn't say so. In the U.S.A. for example, the age for sex is set statewide, not nationwide.

It's 16 here.
Jul 29, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2011
Deknijff said:
SenpieX said:

Yeah but... If someone doesn't want to fap to a series and see a titty, the fanservice becomes completely disposable (assuming we're talking about something with a serious plot rather than a full blown ecchi series like To Love Ru). I like fanservice, but it's understandable why it's unpleasant to try to watch something for a serious storyline or relaxed atmosphere and having the camera focusing on some girl's crotch while there's a serious conversation going on or something.
Jul 29, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
jiroutachi said:
Deknijff said:
Yeah but... If someone doesn't want to fap to a series and see a titty, the fanservice becomes completely disposable (assuming we're talking about something with a serious plot rather than a full blown ecchi series like To Love Ru). I like fan service, but it's understandable why it's unpleasant to try to watch something for a serious storyline or relaxed atmosphere and having the camera focusing on some girl's crotch while there's a serious conversation going on or something.
well critiquing cinematography Im totally fine with
But to just complain sex is there feels rather off to me as sex is a natural thing in this world.
But I can understand complaining it is used at the wrong place and time in the context of the show itself and present valid arguments for the series
Jul 29, 2017 8:36 AM

Dec 2011
Deknijff said:
jiroutachi said:
Yeah but... If someone doesn't want to fap to a series and see a titty, the fanservice becomes completely disposable (assuming we're talking about something with a serious plot rather than a full blown ecchi series like To Love Ru). I like fan service, but it's understandable why it's unpleasant to try to watch something for a serious storyline or relaxed atmosphere and having the camera focusing on some girl's crotch while there's a serious conversation going on or something.
well critiquing cinematography Im totally fine with
But to just complain sex is there feels rather off to me as sex is a natural thing in this world.
But I can understand complaining it is used at the wrong place and time in the context of the show itself and present valid arguments for the series

I agree, although I do feel that a series can be mature about using sex rather than relying on making it eye candy for the audience, since sexual content and fanservice are different things, and that usually works out better if it's in something plot driven. A good example of a series that has plenty of sexual content that doesn't get turned into fanservice is Nana.
Jul 29, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
Some people might just be looking at the wrong type of fanservice for them. For example, if they watch Eiken instead of beautifully animated Shaft fanservice.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 29, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
It really depends on how they do it to be honest. Highschool DXD implemented echii perfectly in my opinion.

Most of the time though it suffocates the plot.
Jul 29, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
EcchiKingMamster said:
@MortalMelancholy

Showing off what you can do with animation is part of the point of animating something, and that includes randomly showing off how sexy you characters are... it's not only about the story and plot, books are only about story and plot

People like sexual body parts and only in fiction can they be idealized, so it's a complete waste not to take advantage of that just because there's people who will complain, especially if the creators enjoy drawing sexy stuff

It would be great if that was normally the case, but you too, should notice that most ecchi scenes are just uncreative and generic. Without any redeeming attributes, most ecchi anime have a bland and uninspiring cake that they don't eat.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 29, 2017 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I have a better question: why do people like fan service or echii stuff in their anime?
Jul 29, 2017 9:06 AM
Apr 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Dpc292 said:
...I don't like yuri. There I said it.

You speak blasphemy my good man- wait can it be... you're a fujo? My god... well it's your opinion. I guess the bad representation of Yuri in Anime has made it distasteful for you, heck Netsuzou Trap doesn't improve anything tbh... I hate NTR, there I said it.
...I do not know what a fujoshi is...
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 58 minutes ago

2 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago

» How do y'all watch such long series? ( 1 2 )

erikkamirs - Feb 19, 2022

86 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

solacez - Yesterday

53 by Cammell »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

32 by ComboSmooth »»
21 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

56 by Iron_Leopard »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.