Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 27, 2010 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
Raivu said:
I go to Bakabt to download a lot of anime, because they have almost everything of every anime out there. (all episodes jap/eng dub w/ or w/o subs, OST, OVAs, movies, etc.
And the biggest I've seen an anime take up was 5GB and thats all 4 season included.

But is it worth it? Yes. All I watch them on is
.VLP media player (amazing)
.Windows Media Player

Not all of them, I just downloaded Ghost in the Shell and Spice and Wolf II there and they were both 20gb. Still had them in 7 hours each and they were freeleech so I don't really care but they sure have a lot of series over 5gb
Jan 27, 2010 3:27 AM

Jan 2010
Jimbow said:
Raivu said:
I go to Bakabt to download a lot of anime, because they have almost everything of every anime out there. (all episodes jap/eng dub w/ or w/o subs, OST, OVAs, movies, etc.
And the biggest I've seen an anime take up was 5GB and thats all 4 season included.

.Windows Media Player

Not all of them, I just downloaded Ghost in the Shell and Spice and Wolf II there and they were both 20gb. Still had them in 7 hours each and they were freeleech so I don't really care but they sure have a lot of series over 5gb

:o wow. Yeah, and now that I think about it, can you imagine how big all 500+ episodes of case closed with the OVAs and movies must be? @_@
Jan 27, 2010 5:02 PM

May 2009
Jimbow said:

Most have downloaded some high quality stuff there. I can see GITS being large but not Spice and Wolf. Heck Hajime no Ippo is 76 episodes long and only about 15-16 gigs for the standard stuff.
Feb 5, 2010 10:20 PM

Mar 2009
I don't like downloading because it takes up lots of memory space, but lately I download some anime so that I can watch them at anytime without having to wait for the episode to load.
Feb 5, 2010 10:40 PM

Feb 2009
Most current season stuff are watched between bus rides on PSP. Everything I like gets archived at the best quality I can find. (Which is a whopping 0 this season. Huzzah.) Old acclaimed stuff is usually downloaded regardless of personal preference.

I can get pretty extreme when it comes to quality. The hard drives can add up, but DVDs are still a dime a dozen. I'm more worried about optimum quality - which is silly, when you consider how archaic these codecs and containers may be in 10, 20 years time. Ah well, it serves my obsessiveness.
Feb 6, 2010 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
I generally don't download [ because I like watching the animes right away without waiting for the loooong downloading time ] , but if i really like the anime, i'll download it so that I can rewatch it over and over again .. 8D
Feb 6, 2010 6:47 AM

Jun 2009
I stream/watch it first, then if I liked it, I'd download it. Disk Space isn't my enemy, since I have my whopping 250GB external drive ready for action (or maybe comedy). Then I select the series I really like and convert them into my PSP, making it available to watch anytime

My enemy here is download time, as our internet connection goes up and down at times, any series with a lot of episode take a lot of time to download, as its expected to have high quality, leaving me to do something else (like Touhou :3) while hoping the connection doesn't go down (like it is doing right now as I'm downloading something) and make me download the whole thing again (except in torrent =p)
Feb 6, 2010 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
IMO it's worth it. especially with how cheap externals are today (i remember when 80 gigs were $200 -_-;)
I have a 1TB external, and have used about 375gb of that on anime.
I can also hook it up thru my PS3 and watch series that i have d/l on my TV.
Plus it makes the anime portable, so i can bring it on trips, to conventions for all night anime sessions, or to friends houses without having to rely on a connection.
Feb 6, 2010 6:56 PM
Feb 2010
if its a good anime then by all means download it but if its not a good anime then do not download or i should say don't click that button !:P lol

simple as that .

Feb 6, 2010 7:32 PM
Sep 2007
You just delete after you watch them, its pretty simple.
Hi
Feb 6, 2010 8:02 PM

May 2009
I always download my anime. Just burn them into a disc or store them in an external hardrive or delete them after you've watched them.
Feb 7, 2010 7:31 PM

Jun 2007
Hawaiian420 said:
If everybody did that, who would seed all the torrents that people are praising in this thread?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Feb 7, 2010 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
I download all my anime.

Except Hetalia.
Feb 7, 2010 8:15 PM
Sep 2007
Zalis said:
Hawaiian420 said:
If everybody did that, who would seed all the torrents that people are praising in this thread?

Opps I forgot make sure you seed, then delete :P.
Hi
Feb 7, 2010 10:37 PM

Feb 2009
I never stream anything. Storage is so cheap these days it's a non issue, and I'm a quality whore, I can't stand streaming anything. Not to mention being able to easily choose a sub group is a must.
Feb 7, 2010 11:13 PM

Jul 2009
I used to hate downloading, but...I downloaded a series in HD and loved it. So now I MUST download them to my HDD.
The quality is so much better.

Best media player is "Media Player Classic Home Cinema"
with The combined community codec project.
As for torrents use "uTorrent"

I have a 290gb HDD (small I know) and over 100gb of anime that I will watch.
After I watch a series I delete it.

tl;dr downloading > streaming

Knowing how to fix electronics comes at a cost. Your family asks you to fix everything.
Feb 8, 2010 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
xxxHolic_Waltz said:
Jimbow said:

Most have downloaded some high quality stuff there. I can see GITS being large but not Spice and Wolf. Heck Hajime no Ippo is 76 episodes long and only about 15-16 gigs for the standard stuff.

It really was tho, I still don't really know why it was THAT large, but the quality sure is amazing.
Aug 17, 2011 8:31 AM
Jun 2009
if you can afford the unbelievably cheap hardware required then yes. if not then you are free to continue watching naruto dubs all you like.
Aug 17, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
I always download.

And I use BS Player.

Also, remember to download in .MKV, as it is the best format.
Tiago97Aug 17, 2011 9:31 AM
Aug 17, 2011 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
I've been downloading since I got a new rig. What I do is I go to Animetake, download them through a DDL and watch it with VLC media player, then delete the episode I downloaded when i'm done.

And yes, VLC displays subtitles correctly.

Aug 17, 2011 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
First choice would always be a physical copy, I could put it in my collection and have it forever, I could rip it to my PC, whatever.

Now, like many others I can't always afford to buy everything I watch, so then I turn to downloading the highest quality copy available, whether than be BD rips or DVD isos.

Streaming is only in extreme cases such as being in a situation where I don't have access to anything else (Such as being on a trip, or visiting someone whatever) Crunchyroll (Despite how much I dislike them) has become my streaming site of choice simply because its more professional, and streams HD.

Now while the first two options are far superior both have storage issues. Shelf space and HDD space. I have 2 shelves dedicated to anime and two to manga. i have 3 TB worth of anime, both are reaching their limit. lol
Aug 17, 2011 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Raivu said:

.Windows Media Player

My 30gb Angel Beats BD rip would like to talk to you.
Aug 17, 2011 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
there's nothing like good quality anime. ;o

Aug 17, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
I used to stream. I think that almost everyone starts out streaming. But jesus, I can't even stand streaming anymore. The quality is just so low and difficult to watch.

It really is a matter of quality (downloads) vs. quantity (stream). Unless you're fortunate enough to have mad download speed without a cap. 140 kb/s right here. Woo.

Also, someone from, like, a year ago said something about not believing Spice and Wolf to be that big. Uh. The torrent for the 1080 BD of season one alone was 17GB. So... yeah.
Aug 17, 2011 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
depends if your really young, then maybe you start out streaming....when i started watching anime streaming didnt exist. NOWADAYS I do a combo of streaming and downloading just depends on the show. and space shouldnt be a concern to anyone unless your too poor to buy an external HD
Aug 17, 2011 2:22 PM

Aug 2007
Purely downloading unless I can't find the anime/episode for download so then I will stream it. I once had to use Youtube for one episode.
Aug 17, 2011 2:44 PM

Feb 2005
ycart59 said:
Also, someone from, like, a year ago said something about not believing Spice and Wolf to be that big. Uh. The torrent for the 1080 BD of season one alone was 17GB. So... yeah.
Well, that's pretty silly. Surely the 720p was smaller?
Aug 17, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2011
If you plan on keeping the files and have a big enough harddrive, why wouldn't it? You can even delete the episodes you've already seen, if you're not into keeping everything. The quality goes up to full hd 1920x1080, so resolution isn't an issue anymore.
Sometimes you'll have episodes which contain artifacts (those square ripples which seem to randomly ruin the picture), but in most cases this won't be an issue if you have a good codec and player. Depending on where you download from, there often are comments to each download (regarding quality etc.).

I personally don't like watching anime on a stream, but that maybe just me.
Aug 17, 2011 3:01 PM

Feb 2011
yes its really worth

u can watch it even u dont have any internet in the future ahaha

well in player
i suggest MPC-HC from cccp

for downloading try nyaa torrents or xdcc from fansubs
maybe bakabt may help too ^^
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
Aug 17, 2011 3:12 PM
Dec 2007
ycart59 said:

It really is a matter of quality (downloads) vs. quantity (stream). Unless you're fortunate enough to have mad download speed without a cap. 140 kb/s right here. Woo.
140 kb/s or 140 KB/s? It's not the same thing (first is kilobit, second is kilobyte). I have 2.60 Mb/s or 332 KB/s(which is the same thing) and no cap so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Aug 17, 2011 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
In my book is worth it when the anime it's not available and/or you want to watch it in great quality. For example something as epic as Hellsing Ultimate OVA 8 is worth downloading (when it comes out I will buy it). Like 45-50% of the anime I have watch and currently I'm watching is via stream, the others are either hard copy (dvd/blu-ray) I own or have downloaded them. It's good to first watch it stream because you will know if the anime is worth downloading and if you wanna buy it.

If you wanna download a file be sure the format is .avi or .mkv, but I always prefer the latter cause of the quality.

Also my favorite media player, the one that I always use and has worked out with no problems is VLC
Aug 17, 2011 3:24 PM

Jul 2008
When I first saw this thread and 130 comments.

I was expecting a 130 people saying "yes"
Aug 17, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2009
For me it is, 'cause sometimes i go watch online but the time that takes to load, it's the same for downloading, so sometimes i end up not having time to watch and then next time i'll have to load everything all over again. So for me it's better to download so i can watch anytime i want. Later you can just save on a DVD or delete. I don't let animes here on my computer or else i'd never have space on my HD.
& i use KM Player, it's pretty good. Plays avi, mkv and all those kinda things.
C:
Aug 17, 2011 10:22 PM

Jul 2010
I can't watch it online because it takes forever to load and the quality online sucks! Especially when you watch it subtitled.
I always download them because I can watch them whenever I want. Usually I would download all the episodes from one series then delete it afterwards. But if it's an anime that I really love, I keep it on my extra hard drive which I happen to have over 700 GB left! Which I can store more than 300 episodes worth of anime or more!
Aug 17, 2011 11:56 PM

Jun 2011
Get a hard drive. Problem solved.

Aug 18, 2011 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
If you're just in it for watching it, better stream.

There's more to it than watching. :D

Aug 18, 2011 12:06 AM

Jul 2011
I think download is worth it. I love watching anime in 1080p. High quality makes it that much better. And I would use VLC its the best imo.
Aug 18, 2011 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
I remember when downloading was the only option short of buying DVDs/VHS and the video quality was crap :P

I had a dedicated computer just for downloading and archiving anime. For a while I spent more time downloading than watching! :P

But when HD broadcast eps first came out, it was well worth it. So much eye candy! :D
Aug 18, 2011 12:16 AM
Aug 2009
not really, waiting for your turn to borrow bootleg VHS tapes in the 90's? now that was worth it! 1 ep of burn up W was like $30 wtf
Aug 18, 2011 12:37 AM
Aug 2010
I only recently started downloading anime. Now I hate streaming.
I can't wait until I get my external hard drive back though. My laptops only got about 20gb of free space left.
Aug 18, 2011 12:42 AM

Jun 2009
i used to be a only stream guy...but really downloading is much better if youre doin it right....the quality is way better than stream......and just delete when ur done watching......also i say torrenting the best way to dl anime

also i use utorrent for torrenting
and mpcplayer for watching, cuz it is compatible with so many filetypes....types i didnt even know existed lol
Aug 18, 2011 1:08 AM

Apr 2011
Yes in almost every way. :3
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Aug 18, 2011 2:28 AM

Aug 2007
Deceptikolz said:

From downloading.
Aug 18, 2011 7:21 PM

Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Deceptikolz said:

From downloading.

I believe that was something known as a rhetorical question.
Aug 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
I say it is..

The animes I have downloaded are all animes that I watch all the time and are my personal favorites. Since I watch them very often, I dont want to go on any typical anime watching site and watch the anime while interrupted with ads, and lag, and just bad quality....

Also, animes tend to get copyrighted often now a days, so I have them download so I dont have to go through the stress of that......

And overall, I just love the quality!~
Aug 19, 2011 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
So some people are actually watching those anime streams instead of downloading? Wow. Oh my...
Aug 19, 2011 5:38 AM
Jun 2008
streaming at himado is the best, but they delete their video after 2-3 days.Sometimes it boring watching Anime with no msg flying around.I think I am addicted to himado lol
Downloading Anime(with high quality) is my second choice(my old choice)
Aug 19, 2011 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
Honestly, I don't understand how people can stand NOT downloading. Everything is so much more enjoyable when it's in 720/1080p full-screen HD. If your computer is from 1999 and you still have to worry about space, just delete the episode/series after you're done.
Aug 19, 2011 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
yes.
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Aug 19, 2011 9:57 AM

Apr 2009
So far, I'm using Crunchy Roll's free 30 day trial and I'm liking it because it's convenient.
I'd honestly rather have it available to stream in HD. Same thing applies to Netflix instant.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you care about gambling anime?

Cammell - May 8

44 by MichaelJackson »»
37 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

22 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 minutes ago

» Why "some" people like netorare (NTR)? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DC_and_E - Feb 26, 2019

262 by Rhae »»
14 minutes ago

» Animation quality consistency.

Yuu_Kanzaki - 6 hours ago

9 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

» ANIME AND MANGA GEEKS ASSEMBLE !!! Evil female characters who fall for MC, recommandations.

NaRc0s_G - 43 minutes ago

0 by NaRc0s_G »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.