Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 18, 2015 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
gyro785 said:
mayukachan said:
nope

All I`m saying is there are some animes that are considered oversexualized that are also considered good.
Some say its bad. Some says it is good. Some don`t care.
mm i guess i just like shows that don't need "sexualising" to get famous
Oct 18, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2011
cause said:
fam pls
Jesus Christ, cause. Are your posts always so mind-numbingly retarded and unnecessary? I'd like to believe that you have a functioning brain, fam.

Oct 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
danae_97 said:
Red_Keys said:
Stop mentioning feminism. You're oppressing women by derailing a thread about how much women are oppressed.

That's the problem, the thread is not about oppression, that's off topic. Just some of you guys want to turn it into one. Hence my previous comments.

Well its inevitable it will be brought up. Personally I think its a valid discussion to have.
Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
gyro785 said:

All I`m saying is there are some animes that are considered oversexualized that are also considered good.
Some say its bad. Some says it is good. Some don`t care.
mm i guess i just like shows that don't need "sexualising" to get famous

Well the "sexual" part doesn`t have to be in front and center. Some animes and some movies have those moments. Some don`t like it. Some don`t care. That is all.

Jan 2013
megahobbit said:
"MUH MEN GET SEXUALIZED TOO"

Yeah but nowhere near the level of women being sexualized. For every Free you get a TON of unsexualized men.

That being said its certainly alot better than video games in that accord (though in other ways its worse)
This is the most popular anime in the world.

Oct 18, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
megahobbit said:

Yeah but nowhere near the level of women being sexualized. For every Free you get a TON of unsexualized men.

That being said its certainly alot better than video games in that accord (though in other ways its worse)
This is the most popular anime in the world.

Yes notice how I implied there were outliers.
Oct 18, 2015 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
megahobbit said:

"Quick nurse! These two patients just got stabbed! Take them to the ICU immediately!"

"OK! Wait a sec.. one of them got stabbed two times. The other one only got stabbed once."

"So?? They're both in critical condition! Please, we only have seconds!"

"Ugh. OBVIOUSLY it happened more to patient 1, so therefore it isn't a problem for patient 2, and they should be ignored."

"But nurse! He's bleeding-"

"Throw him out damn it! STOP mentioning him!"
Oct 18, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
Oct 18, 2015 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
megahobbit said:

"Quick nurse! These two patients just got stabbed! Take them to the ICU immediately!"

"OK! Wait a sec.. one of them got stabbed two times. The other one only got stabbed once."

"So?? They're both in critical condition! Please, we only have seconds!"

"Ugh. OBVIOUSLY it happened more to patient 1, so therefore it isn't a problem for patient 2, and they should be ignored."

"But nurse! He's bleeding-"

"Throw him out damn it! STOP mentioning him!"

That is just about the dumbest analogy ive ever fucking heard. In no way are those two situations comparable.
Oct 18, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
megahobbit said:
"outliers"

You're really pulling some mental exercises here.

There's just as much sexualization in men as there is with women.

You're only looking at the examples that fit your agenda.
Oct 18, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
megahobbit said:
That is just about the dumbest analogy ive ever fucking heard. In no way are those too situations comparable.
If "sexualization" is a problem, then arguing about "who has it worse" is doing the literal opposite of solving that problem by deliberately going out of your way to deny it exists for half of the population.
Oct 18, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
CaimTheJoyful said:
megahobbit said:
"outliers"

You're really pulling some mental exercises here.

There's just as much sexualization in men as there is with women.

You're only looking at the examples that fit your agenda.

I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgv0DVSMB8g
Oct 18, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
megahobbit said:
That is just about the dumbest analogy ive ever fucking heard. In no way are those too situations comparable.
If "sexualization" is a problem, then arguing about "who has it worse" is doing the literal opposite of solving that problem by deliberately going out of your way to deny it exists for half of the population.

The problem is that its not equal and sexualized portrayals are the ONLY (with a couple exceptions) portrayals women get. You cant say "Arguing over who has it worse is stupid" when the exact problem is that one side gets that portrayal constantly while the other doesnt because in a vacuum the portrayal is not a problem.

To quote Moviebob "Mai Shiranui looking like she does is awesome, everyone looking like Mai Shiranui is just stupid"

Jan 2014
I'm not into that thing called hentai but.... Ecchi, I don't mind.
I find myself reading manga with this in it.
It has a good plot.

Dec 2014
I feel that female characters in anime have been so obviously over sexualized for such a long time that its become a play on anime in itself. It's basically a running gag. Nothing more, nothing less. That's my take on it.

Take a look at modern Japanese culture. The general atmosphere is that of respect. There are gender roles of course but to a large degree they're not enforced. It seems to me that gender roles in Japan are derived from regard as opposed to disrespect. For example, a prevalent attitude in Japan is that women are better suited to perform the duties of family raising than men. This is not based on an idea that women are incompetent but rather that they are superior nurturers. The over sexualization of women in anime doesn't seem to translate into actual Japanese society or survive outside the anime niche. Would anime and its viewers be better off without women being so over sexualized? Maybe, but until Japan passes a law requiring all women to wear school girl outfits to work I won't feel guilty about staring at Yoko's breasts.
Oct 18, 2015 10:54 AM
Aug 2015
The problem is that its not equal and sexualized portrayals are the ONLY (with a couple exceptions) portrayals women get.

You heard it here ladies.

All society thinks of you is sex objects.
Oct 18, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
ofcourse they are sexualised who would enjoy watching at bunch of ugly flat whores with no emotions..
Oct 18, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
JD2411 said:
men are sexualised too so all is good

it's a cartoon so it's alright
Oct 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
cause said:
The problem is that its not equal and sexualized portrayals are the ONLY (with a couple exceptions) portrayals women get.

You heard it here ladies.

All society thinks of you is sex objects.

Not society, anime. But thanks for misrepresenting my argument.
Oct 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
It's not that girls are over sexualized, it's that men aren't sexualized enough in anime that's the problem here. On a more serious note this has everything to do with the target audience of anime, which are usually single heterosexual 18-25 year old men.
Oct 18, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
bolby said:
It's not that girls are over sexualized, it's that men aren't sexualized enough in anime that's the problem here. On a more serious note this has everything to do with the target audience of anime, which are usually single heterosexual 18-25 year old men.
but MUH WHORES!!!111

i'd rather sexualized men stay in yaoi so none of these dumb straight guys get offended

Sep 2012
megahobbit said:
Red_Keys said:

The problem is that its not equal and sexualized portrayals are the ONLY (with a couple exceptions) portrayals women get. You cant say "Arguing over who has it worse is stupid" when the exact problem is that one side gets that portrayal constantly while the other doesnt because in a vacuum the portrayal is not a problem.

To quote Moviebob "Mai Shiranui looking like she does is awesome, everyone looking like Mai Shiranui is just stupid"

This post is so stupid I think it lowered my GPA
Aug 2015
bolby said:

it's almost as if most anime fans in Japan are male.
Oct 18, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
cause said:
bolby said:

considering the only example ppl can find is free! on this thread, yeah
there aren't enough
Oct 2015
I think in some cases woman are too overly sexualized in Anime, I mean the story could be nothing to do with anything sexual then just out of nowhere BAM TITS IN YOUR FACE! and then continue like nothing happened?

I personally don't like it, I feel uncomfortable with it. Not because I'm a woman and I'm being all like.. SHE IS BEING TOO SEXUALIZED BECAUSE..BLAH BLAH BLAH, I just don't like seeing animated stuff in that way, it ain't my thing.
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
cause said:

there aren't enough

there might be eventually. since free has been doing well.
Oct 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
mayukachan said:
bolby said:
but MUH WHORES!!!111

i'd rather sexualized men stay in yaoi so none of these dumb straight guys get offended

hahha rekt
rip ur future reviews
Oct 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
megahobbit said:

I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgv0DVSMB8g
Heh, I miss that show.

But still. I disagree with your disagreement.
Oct 18, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
cause said:
mayukachan said:
there aren't enough

have yet to seen something that rivals it sadly
i can only pray for utapri s4
Oct 18, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:

70 people found this review helpful
Oct 18, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
xMissHamilton said:
I think in some cases woman are too overly sexualized in Anime, I mean the story could be nothing to do with anything sexual then just out of nowhere BAM TITS IN YOUR FACE! and then continue like nothing happened?

I personally don't like it, I feel uncomfortable with it. Not because I'm a woman and I'm being all like.. SHE IS BEING TOO SEXUALIZED BECAUSE..BLAH BLAH BLAH, I just don't like seeing animated stuff in that way, it ain't my thing.

we watch anime and hentai and we fap deal with it
Oct 18, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
Deko_myanimelist said:
xMissHamilton said:

people fap to ecchi? bruh
Oct 18, 2015 11:03 AM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
cause said:

still. that's what most people here miss. anime is aimed at the japanese audience. which is mostly straight males in the late teens early adulthood.

hell, sexual culture has been down in japan with things like birth rates and marriages even with all these sexual shows.
Oct 18, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
cause said:
mayukachan said:

still. that's what most people here miss. anime is aimed at the japanese audience. which is mostly straight males in the late teens early adulthood.

hell, sexual culture has been down in japan with things like birth rates and marriages even with all these sexual shows.
but even the shoujo/reverse harems are innocent ?? like why
if ur gonna target to girls, you might as well go full out with the abs and muscles
Oct 18, 2015 11:05 AM
Oct 2015
Deko_myanimelist said:

I'm not saying there anything wrong with that, you are into what you are into and that's cool, everyone is different lol. Me personally, I don't like it.
Oct 18, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
megahobbit said:

This post is so stupid I think it lowered my GPA

Hope you can still make it into college.
Oct 18, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2015
mayukachan said:
Deko_myanimelist said:

people fap to my little pony so it's normal that people fap to ecchi
Oct 18, 2015 11:07 AM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
if ur gonna target to girls, you might as well go full out with the abs and muscles

maybe because the girls want innocence? i dunno.
Oct 18, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2012
cause said:
mayukachan said:

maybe because the girls want innocence? i dunno.
really? so why is free! so popular and why are yaoi shows so sexualized (with unhealthy sexual relationships)?

Deko_myanimelist said:
mayukachan said:

people fap to my little pony so it's normal that people fap to ecchi
you have little resistance, fam
Oct 18, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2011
mayukachan said:
Deko_myanimelist said:

Maybe it's more of an appetizer, and hentai is the main course.

Jan 2013
dekomaru said:
mayukachan said:

70 people found this review helpful

"Fuck Free right in the ass"

I think alot of Frees fanbase would be pretty happy with that.
Apr 2014
xMissHamilton said:
Deko_myanimelist said:

I'm not saying there anything wrong with that, you are into what you are into and that's cool, everyone is different lol. Me personally, I don't like it.

I`m a male but I`m not into that stuff either. I only fap to 3D girls.

But 3D girls in 2D medium (i.e. computer screen) is same as 2D girls no?

Sep 2014
megahobbit said:
Imaishi said:
of course not

>Looks at sig
You better be shitposting.

i'm not

seriously though, I don't see a problem with characters being sexualized at all, be it guys or girls I don't care at all, nothing wrong with that
Oct 18, 2015 11:13 AM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
really? so why is free! so popular and why are yaoi shows so sexualized (with unhealthy sexual relationships)?

aren't most yaoi shows mostly innocent AND sexualized? maybe they want a hot bod, and innocence, all wrapped up in a hot boy on boy action scene with steaming penetration and sweat dripping everywhere

Jul 2015
I pity you guys living in your room in your parents house fapping to 2D little girls and blaming feminism for all your troubles cause you can't get laid and feel insecure if girls aren't powerless like your waifu 2D bitch, but I mean lets all face it anime and manga authers are shit at writing literature so they stuff fanservice and disgustingly cute bitches to try and sell their shitty story that has no real meaning to the basement dwelling long haired otaku and BOOM! What a profit any student could write a better more creative story than the shit anime and manga churns out but yet you guys lap it up incredible.

Apr 2011
Imaishi said:
megahobbit said:

>Looks at sig
You better be shitposting.

i'm not

seriously though, I don't see a problem with characters being sexualized at all, be it guys or girls I don't care at all, nothing wrong with that

I'd have to agree. There's really no reason for it to be bad, there's plenty of stuff to watch that doesn't have sexualized characters... It's just diversity.
Oct 18, 2015 11:14 AM
Oct 2015
gyro785 said:
xMissHamilton said:

I`m a male but I`m not into that stuff either. I only fap to 3D girls.

But 3D girls in 2D medium (i.e. computer screen) is same as 2D girls no?

Everyone has different tastes if that's what you are into then that is awesome.

Apr 2015
xMissHamilton said:
Deko_myanimelist said:

did you never felt aroused while watching anime or hentai? is that even possible
Aug 2015
-this-is-the-end said:
I pity you guys living in your room in your parents house fapping to 2D little girls and blaming feminism for all your troubles cause you can't get laid and feel insecure if girls aren't powerless like your waifu 2D bitch, but I mean lets all face it anime and manga authers are shit at writing literature so they stuff fanservice and disgustingly cute bitches to try and sell their shitty story that has no real meaning to the basement dwelling long haired otaku and BOOM! What a profit any student could write a better more creative story than the shit anime and manga churns out but yet you guys lap it up incredible.

your lack of sentence structure would make the school system hang its head in shame.
Oct 18, 2015 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
cause said:
mayukachan said:

aren't most yaoi shows mostly innocent AND sexualized? maybe they want a hot bod, and innocence, all wrapped up in a hot boy on boy action scene with steaming penetration and sweat dripping everywhere
how is that considered innocent ??? LMAO

innocent penetration
innocent orgasming

Deko_myanimelist said:
xMissHamilton said:

did you never felt aroused while watching anime or hentai? is that even possible
no, to both
because i dont have a dick
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread ( 1 2 )

DigiCat - May 22

52 by MalchikRepaid »»
19 minutes ago

» What Compliment Do You Hear Most Often?

ParisPlayboy01 - 5 hours ago

14 by traed »»
19 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

861 by zzz »»
27 minutes ago

» Cheese Nips and the tragedy of discontinued snacks

Nette - 9 hours ago

8 by SmugSatoko »»
51 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 3 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

123 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.