Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2014 12:22 AM

May 2014
Poor Kaneki. It gets worse for him in every chapter. Seriously Akira - Mom and Arima - Dad???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
It's quite warming how nice Arima and Akira are being to Haise. Part of me wonders if it's all just an act, though (I know Haise called them a 'pretend family', but my comment still stands). I would think that Akira would definitely not be so nice considering her personality is naturally stiff (as can be seen when Haise looses control) coupled with how the people she's loved have fallen to ghouls. And, why would Arima be training Haise? Why would they want him to pass Arima as an investigator? Perhaps they need him to fight Aogiri and to train the quinckes, but they still would have to be pretty confident in whatever they have up their sleeves to be able to control Haise after the training and surpassing. If they actually intend that and it isn't all an act.

Though, I suppose the "A Crossbreed" story could possibly say a lot about Arima's character, itself, if Ishida meant for that to be an absolute reflection of character.

All I can say for sure is that I really do pity Haise/Kaneki.
SayakoDec 1, 2014 12:35 AM
Dec 1, 2014 1:01 AM
Apr 2013
Wait a minute, so that is Kaneki, with schizophrenia or something?
And is that Touka?
Dec 1, 2014 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
No doubt that is Ayato as seem in the first chapter of :re, rabbit looks too masculine for Touka

based on her personality in the prequel, she is too stubborn to join Aogiri. I maybe wrong here since Hinami, out of everyone else, is with Aogiri.
Dec 1, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2014
animelancer said:
Wait a minute, so that is Kaneki, with schizophrenia or something?
And is that Touka?

This is the kind of people that are going to push the button when we are going to nuke ourselves.
Dec 1, 2014 1:58 AM
Oct 2012
Benphyre said:
Barion-Zara said:
Nice chap :3 Dat Chin touch T^T

You noticed that too. That's his gesture when he is lying! He isn't really truly happy with his life now!

is not well when he lies, but when he felt uneasy, when he lied about destroying the ghoul restaurant, he did not touch the chin.
Dec 1, 2014 2:04 AM
Oct 2012
Sasaki live a lie, knowing that it is a lie, and pretending like this lie, that the sinister and disgusting at the same time.
Dec 1, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2014
I've seen some people are saying "Dat chin touch" and some other shit, I still dont get it. On what page it happened a chin touch ? because i can't see some pages on batoto here -,-

Dec 1, 2014 4:03 AM

Apr 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
I've seen some people are saying "Dat chin touch" and some other shit, I still dont get it. On what page it happened a chin touch ? because i can't see some pages on batoto here -,-

Dec 1, 2014 4:08 AM
Jan 2011
So Touka and Hinami joined Aogiri tree? I guess since they're the biggest name on the block it was the smartest choice and they think CCG killed Kaneki so its revenge also. Its going to be interesting when they all find out he is still alive. Of course in a funny twist of fate Nishio is the one that stayed loyal and didn't join Aogiri.
Dec 1, 2014 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Seiryuu2 said:

Ah i see. thanks
SanzenDec 1, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 1, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2014
Filling the blanks

It's all right...I can't still fight.
Even if I lose control, and can't go back to, if it's Arima, he will surely __________________

I would say he was going to say "stop me" with the intention of saying kill me
but I have seen some ppl believe he was going to say "save me"

Do you think Sasaki is THAT naive???
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 1, 2014 4:20 AM

Apr 2014
xsilicon9 said:
So Touka and Hinami joined Aogiri tree? I guess since they're the biggest name on the block it was the smartest choice and they think CCG killed Kaneki so its revenge also. Its going to be interesting when they all find out he is still alive. Of course in a funny twist of fate Nishio is the one that stayed loyal and didn't join Aogiri.

Do you honestly think Touka would join the group that messed up Kaneki and is using Yoshimura for experiments?
Dec 1, 2014 5:01 AM

Feb 2014
gabyta07 said:
Filling the blanks

It's all right...I can't still fight.
Even if I lose control, and can't go back to, if it's Arima, he will surely __________________

I would say he was going to say "stop me" with the intention of saying kill me
but I have seen some ppl believe he was going to say "save me"

Do you think Sasaki is THAT naive???

i thought the same. actually at first i thought he was going to say "kill me". because he knows how powerful arima is and how powerful his ghoul side. but of course it can be "stop me" but definitely not "save me".

xsilicon9 said:

i actually think the most important reason why nishiki didn't join aogiri is not loyalty, probably his girlfriend kimi. because he wanted to protect her.
EustassKiddo !
Dec 1, 2014 5:16 AM
Oct 2012
" Do you think Sasaki is THAT naive???"

he knows that if he becomes useless or get out of control the CCG will get rid of it, and he knows that there are things that can not be said even to Arima, so what do you think?
Dec 1, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
I wonder when we will see Kaneki back, i'm getting tired of this Sasaki guy...
It's nice to see Touka again, it will be nice to find out why she rolls like a man now, those are some interesting clothes.
I wonder if Banjou is a SSS already, i'm sure that he gone mad after Kaneki died.
It's wierd how these guys get in 3 years the same power up as our mc did in 6 months or so, who the fuck do they think they are?
This is getting like a new Naruto/Bleach, this will die soon, Ishida has a lame imagination, i don't understand why he doesn't let this random guy "Sasaki" foderize his opponents, like why he is so weak?
It was nice to see Arima being confirmed as Kaneki's father, didn't know that Akira was his mom, it was really cool. That makes Touka his grandfather's killer, i wonder how Kaneki will react when he find out.
I have much more to say, but i'ma save some for later, i hope that Ishida wakes up and stops this boring shit.
ArcanixDec 1, 2014 5:34 AM
Dec 1, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:

he knows that if he becomes useless or get out of control the CCG will get rid of it, and he knows that there are things that can not be said even to Arima, so what do you think?
Acernos said:

As I said before I do think he meant "Kill me", but I was in another board, and they think that he meant "save me", and since I was the only one, I started to think if I was wrong with my assumption, since I was the only one who thought that.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 1, 2014 5:27 AM
Oct 2012
for Sasaki, if he lose control, be saved by Arima can mean being killed before he gets back to being who was, of course, this is only a hypothesis.
Dec 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Apr 2013
Arcanix said:
It's nice to see Touka again, it will be nice to find out why she rolls like a man now, those are some interesting clothes.
I wonder if Banjou is a SSS already, i'm sure that he gone mad after Kaneki died.
It's wierd how these guys get in 3 years the same power up as our mc did in 6 months or so, who the fuck do they think they are?
This is getting like a new Naruto/Bleach, this will die soon, Ishida has a lame imagination, i don't understand why he doesn't let this random guy "Sasaki" foderize his opponents, like why he is so weak?
It was nice to see Arima being confirmed as Kaneki's father, didn't know that Akira was his mom, it was really cool. That makes Touka his grandfather's killer, i wonder how Kaneki will react when he find out.
I have much more to say, but i'ma save some for later, i hope that Ishida wakes up and stops this boring shit.

how bout carving it all on a stone? {the TG Stone full of past revelations and future predictions}
Dec 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Feb 2014
Arcanix said:

I think you're too fast making a conclusion that far

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Dec 1, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
Mistralist said:
Arcanix said:

.... Haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2014 6:04 AM

Jul 2014
Mistralist said:

Please nuke me first.
Dec 1, 2014 6:55 AM

May 2011
So Sasaki didn't get his brain washed ? If that so then what did they do to him to persuade him to side with them ? He knows that he's a ghoul, he's aware of his old self and he recognizes his old friends and his family! This is weird. dat Arima! what did you do to my Kaneki ? :/

Obviously it's not Touka who's standing atop of that thing in the last page. Aogiri tree ruined her life and destroyed her dream of living a normal life, moreover, they abducted Kaneki and mercilessly started to torture him and turned him into what he's now, they also abducted the manager and we don't know what they've done to him. There're tons of reason for Touka to detest Aogiri tree.

Torso's hideout is really fucked up, all those bodies and blood stains scattered all over the place, I bet it stinks more than shit. :/ Anyway, I really started to love Shizaru's character, Liked when he went on a rampage because Urie (aka Mr.Dick) called Sasaki "a ghoul". This is really an unacceptable behavior!

Z4k said:
Seiryuu2 said:

I didn't notice that He was actually touching his chin lol. So he was lying of being happy, that won't last long before he return to his old self.

Sparteh said:
Poor Kaneki. It gets worse for him in every chapter. Seriously Akira - Mom and Arima - Dad???

Lol yeah, this is so fucking lame and doesn't make any sense, for an SS ranked ghoul to have those parents. Seriously ? Arima ? and Akira who despise ghouls ? I bet she just pretends that she cares for Sasaki.
Dec 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Jan 2013
I see... I understand why Akira is attached to Ken, but why Arima?
The black rabbit is back, now I remember that he wasn't on the war.
Dec 1, 2014 7:06 AM
Oct 2012
you all realize that Sasaki says that all this is just a "playing family" and he knows that none of this is true, right?
Dec 1, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:

I laughed more than I should have.
Dec 1, 2014 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe Ishida is going to let Haise hang around longer than we thought. Just enough for us to miss him when Kaneki finally comes back.
Dec 1, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
ma103 said:
Maybe Ishida is going to let Haise hang around longer than we thought. Just enough for us to miss him when Kaneki finally comes back.

Kaneki is dead. There is no coming back from death.
Dec 1, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2014
Maledict said:
Arcanix said:
It's nice to see Touka again...

When did we see Touka? Did i miss a page?

No, there's just a handful of people who actually think the ''Aogiri Tree's SS rated ghoul, Rabbit'' is Touka.
Dec 1, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Ah, nevermind. I didn't even pay attention to the username.

Have to admit though, that post was one of his actually funny ones.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 1, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
Maledict said:
Ah, nevermind. I didn't even pay attention to the username.

Have to admit though, that post was one of his actually funny ones.

Don't get me wrong, I know Arcanix is trolling. It's just that there are people who actually think that it is Touka.
Dec 1, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Guys, after all these chapters we have one true and disturbing question left... who the hell was the woman that was impersonating Kaneki's mom, who the hell was Kaneki's aunt, her son etc? Was everything a lie?
Dec 1, 2014 9:03 AM
Oct 2012
ma103 said:

I agree, as these two are completely different characters.
Dec 1, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
I hope ghoul kaneki rips arima to shreds not that it's going to happen :L it's a nice thought to entertain tho :D
The Manga Society Rules MAL
Dec 1, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
IreneCeleste said:
I hope ghoul kaneki rips arima to shreds not that it's going to happen :L it's a nice thought to entertain tho :D

no, i like arima guys, why are you hating him so much 0_0

i mean he is just too powerful and human. isnt it good thing for humans o.O its like kaneki for ghouls or eto. i mean every side has its own power and it has to be like that.

would you hate kaneki if arima was killed by kaneki? no. just NO. why? there was a war, battle between ghouls and humans, so its natural for arima to do this. and he didn't even kill kaneki too !!
EustassKiddo !
Dec 1, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2014
Lol I don't know why people hate Arima so much because he seems like a really nice guy who's just doing his job. Not to mention if it were some other ghoul investigator instead of Arima during the last arc, your beloved character would've been a quinque by now.
Dec 1, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
Amazing, but Im confused.

Are Haise and Kaneki one person? Or is Haise someone else with Kaneki's mind like Kaneki and Rize.
Dec 1, 2014 9:50 AM
Oct 2012
GGNoodles said:
Amazing, but Im confused.

Are Haise and Kaneki one person? Or is Haise someone else with Kaneki's mind like Kaneki and Rize.

you do not remember the chapters in the manga where Kaneki had nightmares about Rize and pictures from her childhood ? or the times he was having trouble in a fight and she offered help, for example with Amon and Tsukyama?

I hope have answered your question.
Dec 1, 2014 9:52 AM
Oct 2012
Z4k said:
Lol I don't know why people hate Arima so much because he seems like a really nice guy who's just doing his job. Not to mention if it were some other ghoul investigator instead of Arima during the last arc, your beloved character would've been a quinque by now.

this series several people see ghouls as victim and humansas monsters, even if the ghoul makes cruelty to humans, but if the human is kind / caring with another human, but it is cruel to ghouls, he is still seen as monster, such as Mado-san.
Dec 1, 2014 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
Arcanix said:
Guys, after all these chapters we have one true and disturbing question left... who the hell was the woman that was impersonating Kaneki's mom, who the hell was Kaneki's aunt, her son etc? Was everything a lie?

you may be trolling but you do make me question WHY THE HELL CAN'T KANEKI REMEMBER HIS DAD'S FACE!!!??? no pictures in the house at all!? like not a one!?!?

sidenote: so why are people assuming the rabbit is touka again??? is it because they're blind to the posture our gender dictates? Also it was shown ayato was the black rabbit and was wearing the same thing the black rabbit is wearin in
CHAPTER 1:
https://31.media.tumblr.com/482a7332bcdd1bbb469eb89649587474/tumblr_nfx0b9LOsy1qf8rabo1_400.png

as he's wearing in chapter 8

https://33.media.tumblr.com/eb2f423d7c8f2647676f03aa016820a9/tumblr_nfx0b9LOsy1qf8rabo2_r1_400.png

stop wishful thinking and deduct theories with observation!! ion wana see what ayato is up to because i don't care just as little as you but come on don't be a dumb dumb
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 1, 2014 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
Who would hate Arima? That guy is arguably humanity's strength incarnate, one of the reasons why Aogiri Tree's not ruling the world now. Despite his massive strength, he is also humble and even merciful.

By feats, he's the strongest character in the manga. I hope he wrecks Owl again.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 1, 2014 10:13 AM

Feb 2014
Acernos said:
Z4k said:

this series several people see ghouls as victim and humansas monsters, even if the ghoul makes cruelty to humans, but if the human is kind / caring with another human, but it is cruel to ghouls, he is still seen as monster, such as Mado-san.

no definitely i dont see neither humans as monster nor ghouls.
cant you see guys there's no pure bad, evil side in TG? in spite of one of the most important things that ishida is trying to tell us is YING and YANG.
didnt you get sad when touka killed that innocent investigator before mado was killed by touka? cant you see if we talking about the "kira"s, all of them are "kira"s.
EustassKiddo !
Dec 1, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
Maledict said:
Who would hate Arima?

True, he's a beast, beating Owl without even beaking a sweat XD he's SSSSS class XD

Papa Arima ;)

Dec 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Maledict said:
Who would hate Arima? That guy is arguably humanity's strength incarnate, one of the reasons why Aogiri Tree's not ruling the world now. Despite his massive strength, he is also humble and even merciful.

By feats, he's the strongest character in the manga. I hope he wrecks Owl again.

I think Eto's going to have a major power up after the time skip, same with Noro and Tatara. I mean, look at Nishiki, who's probably on Yamori's level during the Aogiri arc, or a bit stronger. I actually really like Eto/Takatsuki and I hope she turns out to be one of the main villains of :re.

Then again Arima could be much stronger too, but if CCG was confident that Arima could take on all the Aogiri leaders on his own there would be no need for Sasaki, now would there? :P
Dec 1, 2014 11:12 AM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Maledict said:

I think Eto's going to have a major power up after the time skip, same with Noro and Tatara. I mean, look at Nishiki, who's probably on Yamori's level during the Aogiri arc, or a bit stronger. I actually really like Eto/Takatsuki and I hope she turns out to be one of the main villains of :re.

Then again Arima could be much stronger too, but if CCG was confident that Arima could take on all the Aogiri leaders on his own there would be no need for Sasaki, now would there? :P

then Sasaki is even weaker than he was three years ago no...I mean, he did not train his kaguno, he is not aware he has several kakuhous and did not continue the cannibalism...so his kakuja is still at 50%

Dec 1, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
gabyta07 said:
CNTRI715 said:

then Sasaki is even weaker than he was three years ago no...I mean, he did not train his kaguno, he is not aware he has several kakuhous and did not continue the cannibalism...so his kakuja is still at 50%

I mean the Kaneki side of him is still shown to be plenty strong, taking out Nishiki pretty easily. He's probably not fighting at full potential right now because Sasaki is suppressing his own power, but I agree with you that his Kakuja is most likely still incomplete.

On a side note I hope we get to see Sasaki fight with a quinque for more than a few seconds. If Arima loans him some good ones he can wreck shop.
Dec 1, 2014 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Of course there is a necessity for characters like Arima, if not ghouls will be ruling the world already. By then, humans will be controlled like animals.

Therefore, the 'strongest' has to be a human or at the very least, on the human side.

Nevertheless, Eto, being the pure half ghoul, is probably the second strongest. It's rare to have a badass female antagonist(?) who has two completely different identities on both side. Being a popular novel writer and leader of the most dangerous organization.
Dec 1, 2014 12:50 PM
Oct 2012
CNTRI715 said:
Maledict said:

you know there is something called potential of evolution, right? and that younger people (15-20 years) can evolve much more physically in three years than people who with theirs 30 years can, which probably arrived at its peak and can only accumulate experience now.

I really do not understand why people do not understand that Nishiki decided to have a normal life, go to college, have sex with girls, etc., instead of being a ghoul as those found in Aogiri in the original serie.

And that shounen logic is that you are using to measure power?
Dec 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
so many pro-Arimas here....

disgusting. lol
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 1, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
anikaneki said:
so many pro-Arimas here....

disgusting. lol

Oh ya, let's side with those that eat humans.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.