Forum Settings
Forums

Has anyone else had a problem with shaky hands? if so have you got past it and how?

New
Jan 6, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
Noticed recently that my hands are really quite shaky. if anyone has had this before and got over what did you do? should i see my doctor or something? I'm not seeing it as a huge problem, it's just a little annoying, especially when trying to draw >.<
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 6, 2013 9:36 AM

May 2012
I get this at certain times. Bad example but on fifa when its a tense match and i'm about to score I often get it during other tense gaming moments too... I click my fingers though that could be the reason. I don't know what you should do about it though sorry :(
Jan 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
I have fine hand tremors all the time. (thats usually what they call them - even though they feel huge to us) they really sucks when i am working on an art project, trying to do my nails, etc. its pretty bad.
could be the meds i'm on.
Jan 6, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Noticed recently that my hands are really quite shaky. if anyone has had this before and got over what did you do? should i see my doctor or something? I'm not seeing it as a huge problem, it's just a little annoying, especially when trying to draw >.<
I have this too, for me it's a genetic thing and completely harmless. My uncle has it too. Though I only have it when relaxing my hand, while drawing etc. I have perfect control.
Jan 6, 2013 9:45 AM
May 2012
My hands aren't shaky, but my legs sure are. I always tap them when in school, and occasionally other places. It's annoying because it's difficult to stop, and people start staring at you.
Jan 6, 2013 9:50 AM

May 2012
-Miyu- said:
My hands aren't shaky, but my legs sure are. I always tap them when in school, and occasionally other places. It's annoying because it's difficult to stop, and people start staring at you.
Maybe you just need to pee all the time :P
Jan 6, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
Go see a Doctor dude. Self diagnosis is a terrible idea.
The Art of Eight
Jan 6, 2013 9:53 AM
May 2012
Mkayyy said:
-Miyu- said:
Maybe you just need to pee all the time :P
You wish. On a serious note, it's not that big of an issue as it isn't constant all the time, though I can't imagine how it would feel if it were my hands.
Jan 6, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
-Miyu- said:

That is normal, i do it many times too. In the US treat it as some kind of hyperactive disease i heard but it's quite a normal thing.

Shaky hands though is a different matter. Because you just can't make them stay stable.
MonadJan 6, 2013 9:58 AM
Jan 6, 2013 9:55 AM

Dec 2012
At times like these, Google is your friend, OP.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Jan 6, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Hand tremors, isn't that mostly an elderly problem? Degenerative nerves, and so on.
-Miyu- said:
I dunno, lots of people in my class do this. Me included. Sometime I do it consciously because I like it. Most times it's I'm anticipating something, or there's just music on. Or maybe, it's telling the body that I need exercise. Which is true. :|
Jan 6, 2013 10:02 AM
May 2012
Monad said:
-Miyu- said:

That is normal, i do it many times too. In the US treat it as some kind of hyperactive disease i heard but it's quite a normal thing.

Shaky hands though is a different matter. Because you just can't make them stay stable.
That'd be terrible... does it affect your usage of them drastically? I draw and write all the time. It'd be a pain to have.
Tachii said:
Hand tremors, isn't that mostly an elderly problem? Degenerative nerves, and so on.
-Miyu- said:
I dunno, lots of people in my class do this. Me included. Sometime I do it consciously because I like it. Most times it's I'm anticipating something, or there's just music on. Or maybe, it's telling the body that I need exercise. Which is true. :|

That might explain it, actually. I never work out. It's too much of a bother; I'd rather just stop eating, which is extremely unhealthy, I know.
Jan 6, 2013 10:11 AM
Jul 2012
I had this one problem when i was take a picture camera, my hands were shaky. That ain't a big problem.
Jan 6, 2013 10:13 AM
Jul 2012
i have the same problem. It's really annoying especially taking a picture or recording someone. I might need some help with this.
Jan 6, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2012
My mom once told me not to get my hands cold then hot or hot then cold because it'll make my hands shake. so if you've been doing this try not to. (don't know if it's true tho xP )

Jan 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
No, not really. If my heart beat goes up then they become uncontrollable, but I believe that is normal.

It may be poor blood circulation. Have it checked out by a doctor just for the sake of being assured. You never know what it might be, and one day it may be too late to do anything about it.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Jun 2012
GoldenBRS said:
I had this one problem when i was take a picture camera, my hands were shaky. That ain't a big problem.
JavierR said:
i have the same problem. It's really annoying especially taking a picture or recording someone. I might need some help with this.
Pretend you're a sniper and hold your breath, it actually works.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 6, 2013 11:24 AM

May 2012
Holybaptiser said:
GoldenBRS said:
JavierR said:

Lol i'm glad i'm not the only one who does it :P
Jan 6, 2013 11:29 AM
Jul 2012
Holybaptiser said:
GoldenBRS said:
JavierR said:

Ill keep that advice in mind thank you.
Jan 6, 2013 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
GoldenBRS said:

me too. but it really is a problem for me though. i'm heavily involved in blythe and bjd dolls and i take pictures all the time - its kind of how doll collectors communicate. i end up taking about 40 pics of the same subject and try find a few gems.
very frustrating to not be able to engage in activities that end up be far more challenging than they should be.
Jan 6, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
Warm them up. Happens to me while I play games. It's probably just the adrenaline.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 6, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Warm them up. Happens to me while I play games. It's probably just the adrenaline.

Well drawing isnt the first choice to get adrenalin pumping is it xD
Jan 6, 2013 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
jimbob1141 said:
BloodRequiem said:

Depends on what you are drawing.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 6, 2013 1:26 PM
May 2012
BloodRequiem said:
jimbob1141 said:
BloodRequiem said:

Depends on what you are drawing.
LOL.
Jan 6, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
dankickyou said:

+1

Avoiding beverages with caffeine or other stimulants in your diet is a good idea meanwhile.
Jan 6, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2011
dankickyou said:

Agreed.
I don't get shaky hands myself, but I know a few people who do. Two of them just shake at times, but the other person's shaking was actually because of a small brain tumor. Not trying to scare you and they were probably just a rare exception, but it doesn't hurt to get a professional opinion!
Jan 6, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
I tend to have shaky hands when my anemia acts up.
It usually starts off by them getting shaky, then cold, then numb.
It can get pretty annoying. Taking my iron pills helps a lot though.
Jan 6, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2012
chirale said:
dankickyou said:

+1

Avoiding beverages with caffeine or other stimulants in your diet is a good idea meanwhile.

I rarely drink tea or energy drink anyway xD not sure if anything i eat or something would have the same effect but i pretty much only drink water these days.
Jan 6, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah I have that. It's worse with my legs, but my hands cause more trouble. I can't draw anyways, but all the pictures I take come out blurry... Will try the breath holding thing.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jan 6, 2013 3:04 PM

Dec 2009
It's probably the best to see a doctor. There can be many causes for this, it could be anything from quick temperature changes, general nervousness/stress to health issues. There's no point in trying methods that only work in specific cases.
Ara ara.
Jan 6, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
As suggested, it can be a disease sign. See a doctor.
Jan 6, 2013 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
Maybe your diet or brain damage pick one, go to a doctor.
Jan 6, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Surprised you guys don't know, but if you're legs are tapping like crazy it's either 1. A habit. 2. Because your anxious, bored, tired, etc. 3. Possibly have ADD.

I think it's called Restless Leg syndrome, but I doubt most of you have that it just may be out of habit as apparently the syndrome has side effects and is something that more older people have.

I do the whole shaking/bouncing of legs or sometimes my whole body out of habit. I used to have Asthma really bad as a child, so I was put on medication that made me hyper-active and I couldn't stop moving around. It just caught on, so If I sit for to long I start to bounce my leg.

I'm not 100% sure on shaky hands although I don't think that's a good sign.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Aug 2012
Shaky legs are no big deal; in fact it actually burns a shit ton of calories and helps reduce obesity rates (tru fax).

Shaky hands? Take some diazepam (valium).
Jan 6, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
MellowJello said:
Shaky legs are no big deal; in fact it actually burns a shit ton of calories and helps reduce obesity rates (tru fax).

That's bad news for me then.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 6, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
Tavor said:
MellowJello said:

That's bad news for me then.

Start cramming down those burgers man!

Or switch up the ratio of meat:vegggies. Don't ask me for weight gaining tips -.-
Jan 6, 2013 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
I used to have a big problem with them years ago. It was just my nerves. I've just learned to deal with the tremors.

Jan 6, 2013 5:42 PM

May 2009
My hands are constantly shaking, and they're basically uncontrollable when I'm nervous, but I don't draw or do any work that requires a steady hand, so it doesn't bother me much. In my case, it's due to an autoimmune disorder, so I suggest you do what others have already told you to do : see a doctor.
Jan 6, 2013 6:11 PM

Sep 2012
There are a few possibilities. It could be a hormonal imbalance or a vitamin deficiency or some sort of neurological issue. Though the only way to know for sure is to consult a doctor so that they can make an informed diagnosis.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Jan 6, 2013 6:16 PM

Aug 2012
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Jan 6, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2007
I don't get shaky hands. :'c But when i do, my whole body is shaky in general.
Nothing perverted, just health issues (hypoglycemia)
Jan 6, 2013 10:59 PM

Oct 2012
-Miyu- said:

Restless leg syndrome.

Look it up.

The circulation in your legs are bad. Due to not enough physical activity, sitting down too much, etc. Maybe you need more daily exercise/physical activity?

If it keeps up, you are going to develop spider veins (varicose veins) on your legs when you get older. If you dont want to have ugly legs, then start jogging.

Star_BoyJan 6, 2013 11:10 PM
Jan 6, 2013 11:00 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:
GoldenBRS said:
JavierR said:

Holding down the analog stick doesnt work.
Jan 6, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
Fapping must be amazing for you...

But see a doctor if it really bothers you.
Jan 7, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
Maora said:
I don't get shaky hands. :'c But when i do, my whole body is shaky in general.
Nothing perverted, just health issues (hypoglycemia)

That sounds really perverted.
Jan 7, 2013 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
Fapping must be amazing for you...
Danielcook said:
Holding down the analog stick doesnt work.
Shuhan said:
That sounds really perverted.

Hmm... What are we talking about again?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 7, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
went to the doctor today and asked him about it.

he thinks its the lithium. sadly its more important to my health than steady hands.
Jan 7, 2013 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
i get shaky hands too but only when im nervous
Jan 7, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2012
Depends on what you're mean by shaky hands. Getting a panic attack and having your hands shake because you're freaking out, is way different from holding your hands/fingers straight out, and having them twitch and shake completely unconsciously.

If you want to know how pathetic neurology is behind how much they like to pretend they know, they honestly don't know what causes most cases of tremors, and instead of saying that they'll just call them "essential tremors". Many times the tremors could be caused by drugs they're prescribing and they don't even fucking know it.

You taking any drugs?

MellowJello said:
Shaky hands? Take some diazepam (valium).

Yeah, that would work without a doubt work, being serious it would.

Well, for a little bit, then you'll have a much bigger problem to deal with, although it's a win win, because I bet shaky hands will be the last thing you're worrying about.
Jan 8, 2013 12:49 AM

Sep 2010
Iv had this problem for many years and it comes and goes. At one point it was constant. If i would try and flex them, almost every muscle in my body would twitch like a dead fish. If i was still they would also be still, so i dont know if your twitching while you try and go to sleep or if its only when u are using your hands. Doctors dont know much, at best they will put your mind at ease. Shaking is a sign of diabetes, so that should be on the top of your list of concerns. Basicaly unsless its somthing like a tumor, i think all you can do is become healthy... overall. If your over weight then lose it. If your inactive* then get active. If you think its ruining your life, the best thing i can suggest to you is start doing yoga. You can gain control of your body and mind, shaking hands wont be a problem after that. The hardest thing for any living thing to do is remain perfectly still. I think thats actually a line from anime lmao.

There is a chance its also related to BP
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

17 by deg »»
14 seconds ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
24 minutes ago

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 1 hour ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - 5 hours ago

11 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
32 minutes ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 8 hours ago

6 by deg »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.