Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2007 4:43 PM

May 2005
All I have to say is: Yasuhara~Yasuhara~Yasuhara is baaack! XD~

The anime definitely getting creepier episode by episode now, but of course never lose its light moments. Speaking of light moment, I love, love Yasuhara's little conversation with the guy who brought over Professor Davis!

Another thing that I enjoyed about this episode is the refrence to the Winchester Mystery House because from the minute that I saw the mansion in the anime I knew it has to be based off the Winchester Mystery House in the U.S.

I wish the anime release would be faster because I cannot wait to see the next episode. And I hope *cross fingers* that Ghost Hunt will keep up the good work until the very end because I really want to give this anime the rating "10".
Feb 14, 2007 5:48 PM

Jan 2007
i agree another great episode. so now we're caught up to the raws so its gonna be a week by week thing unfortunately.
Feb 14, 2007 8:17 PM

Jan 2007
I'm looking forward to this case.

Though I have to admit, the opening sequence scared the bejeebus out of me.
Feb 15, 2007 5:36 PM

Aug 2006
Yasuhara... Yasuhara... God I love Yasuhara.

My favorite moment from the episode, though, goes to my favorite character, Bou-san, when he hugs Mai.

"Bou-san, you old perverted bastard!!!" ROFLMAO

I haven't really enjoyed a character like Bou-san in a long, long time. He reminds me (don't ask me how) a lot of Shigure Sohma. And well, we all know how I feel about him.

And do my eyes deceive me, or did I see another smile from Naru-chan.

This arc is definitely going to be great... and it's already creepy. I can't wait for more!!!

And Sorairo... I agree... Yasuhara's conversation with that one guy... had me rolling on the floor. Especially when he folds his hands at the end, bows, and says "I'm sorry for teasing the elderly." LMAO Priceless
Mar 8, 2008 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
Yasuhara pwns so much, when I grow up, I want to be just like him xD
The opening part, the part with Mai's dream and the ending part were so creepy.
Feb 6, 2009 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, this anime is getting better and better! I really want to see something happen between Naru and Mai but I fear that may be wishful thinking. I'll also admit when Mai pulled back the shower curtains I jumped ^///^
May 16, 2009 7:15 PM

Dec 2008
I agree that Yasuhara is awesome! After seeing him in the previous episodes I really hoped he'd become part of the main cast. He's a great addition. So far this series is really entertaining. On to the next episode~

Aug 17, 2009 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
Excellent ep! What makes it even better is that I literally live 5 mins away from the Winchester Mystery House right across from the Santana Row shopping district and Century Theaters!

Oct 2, 2009 3:53 PM
May 2009
This promises to be creepy. I'm in.
Nov 19, 2009 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
Yasuhara and The Monk make a great combo XD
I think i'll ended up reading the manga too

Dammit now i'm afraid to got to toilet..
Dec 24, 2009 11:25 AM

Oct 2008
Yasuharo & Bou xD But.. it was pretty freaky with the bath scene.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 18, 2010 10:12 AM

Aug 2008
haha good going Yasuharo! I love his sarcasm. :P
Feb 19, 2010 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
YASUHARA~!!!! <33333333333

This arc is going to be crazy~
Mar 19, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Yasuhara is back! YUSSS. He is made of highly concentrated awesome.
Also, Houshou cut his hair o.o NAISU.
Ah, continuity. I remember the aluminium-being-thrown experiment from one of the very first episodes, and here you go, there's the guy for you. I like things like that, ehehe xD (which is why I need to catch up to One Piece.)
"If you ever get tired of life, just come cry on this old man's chest." Awwww xD No wonder he's my favourite GH character.
Wth, Mai's dream was so creepy D: And so was the last scene, I'm glad I left the lights on xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 1, 2010 10:38 AM
Oct 2008
^^ =))
I'm watching this now... And it's April 1st, just like in the anime... xD
^w^
I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it so 5/5 :d

^w^
May 23, 2010 11:18 AM

May 2010
This episode is scary. I don't like blood (in real life).
Jul 27, 2010 12:10 AM

Nov 2008
After lots of mediocre episodes, this was probably the best episode of the series to this point. I just wanted to stop and compliment it. Finally something that's creepy and interesting.
Jul 30, 2010 7:34 PM

Mar 2010
I'm really happy that yasuhara is back, I like this new case.. it seems like it's gonna be realy scary ;l
Dec 17, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
Yes Yasuhara is back!! Great, but this anime is getting really creepy! I hope I can sleep tonight, XD.
Dec 18, 2010 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
Bou-san cut his hair? :D
I LIKE!
And you just gotta love Yasuhara! <3
~ Go bald, Kurosaki! ~
Dec 30, 2010 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
While rewatching it the second time, I didn't think it would scare me again... but it did!
.... creepy arc indeed
Jan 6, 2011 12:15 PM

Jan 2010
yay Yasu is back :D :D :D i'm really happy no homo :p

Mai you poor thing,who knew she was adopted,but that kinda makes sense since she skips school alot,but she should think about her future though

5/5,i loved that heartwarming moment +++points that may lead to a 10 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 8, 2011 7:38 AM

Aug 2010
Argh! The dead body in the bathroom in Mai's dream and a surgical table (or something similar) at the beginning were very appalling! >__<

unclesnapple said:
After lots of mediocre episodes, this was probably the best episode of the series to this point. I just wanted to stop and compliment it. Finally something that's creepy and interesting.

Yes, I agree with it at all! I think it will be the most interesting and a really scary story!
AkiraSanJan 8, 2011 7:53 AM
Sorry for my English ^^
Mar 28, 2011 1:05 PM
Mar 2011
So that explain what I've been wondering all this long, that Mai could skip school so often yet she doesn't get expel...but poor thing, glad that she's being so positive.

It's good to see Yasuhara's with the group and I so love the part where he'd being sarcastic with the Minami guy or whatever the company was called...haha good job, Yasuhara!

For me, so far this is the first Anime that I never want to stop watching ever since I started, just hoping it won't disappoint me as I go along with the following episodes until the end. Hmm...it seems to me that this case's gonna be the scariest? Anyway that sorta house would be fun for a theme park if only it's not haunted =/
Nov 16, 2011 4:39 PM

Mar 2011
Best episode so far. Atmosphere in the house is great.
Dec 21, 2011 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
This chapter seems like its going to be good! :D
Feb 1, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
AkiraSan said:
Argh! The dead body in the bathroom in Mai's dream and a surgical table (or something similar) at the beginning were very appalling! >__<

Gawd, when i saw that i actually intended to leave it to watch in the morning. It's past 1am now. Up till now i can say this episode is the scariest, gotta watch the rest when i wake up later in the morning.

Anyway, Yasuhara was funny in this episode. His 249th (can't rmb correctly) birthday. Lol. And Mai's so optimistic! Naru didn't seem to care. o.O
shimuchanFeb 1, 2012 9:09 AM
Apr 3, 2012 9:28 PM

Nov 2010
Gawds.. no.. I don't want to go to the bathroom anymore...
I hate bloody surgical bathroom scenes and that corpse.. T_T;
And getting lost in huge mansions like that scares the living shizz out of me.
Very creepy arc.
I love it though haha
Feb 13, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah indeed pretty creepy episode!!
Than man saying "I don't want to die" was the scariest for me >_<
Awww and we get to know Mai is an orphan that gives points to her character I'm liking her more and more
and yeah Monk and Yasuhara are the best I also like that subtile smile of Naru!
Mar 23, 2013 6:10 PM
Jan 2012
Finally the arc people claim to be the best in this show! It is only the first episode, but it was already somewhat creepy. And yay, Yasuhara :DDD He is so funny, gotta love him <3
Mar 31, 2013 9:37 AM

May 2012
Interesting start of a new case! A bit of interesting background story on the characters and the case sure is interesting developing!
Aug 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Jul 2012
Yasuhara :DD

Nice set up overall. Could become my favourite case. I legitimately got scared during the bathroom scene.
Oct 31, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2011
Chalk up another cheer for Yasu's return. Love that guy!

Didn't expect that reveal about Mai's parents. Poor girl.
Nov 6, 2013 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
This was a great episode.
Yasuhara and Monk are the best.
Enjoying this new case already.
Mar 7, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2014
yayyyy yasuhara is backk :D i am so hapyyy i love these kind of ghost spirits :D and by the way who the hell designed this house i mean stairs are up and doors are small and when they enter the room it's in the shape of square but from outside it's in shape of rectangle? it's definitely a bored artist who did this : p

Apr 25, 2014 12:15 AM

Mar 2012
I'm glad Yasuhara, he's quite the funny fella especially in this episode lol. This arc is looking pretty interesting so far, seems like something really messed happened in that place.
Jul 30, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Wahaha.. this is awesome. That atmosphere is great.
Imagining yourself at such a mansion in real life.. the tension woohoo.
Jan 1, 2015 2:02 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was intense...

That dream sequence was fucking terrifying...

Best episode in the series so far. I'm glad this arc seems to be living up to the hype.

9/10

Feb 26, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
I watched this episode during the daytime and it still scared me. Maybe i should wait until nightfall before i watch the next episode to get the full experience? yeah, thats probably what I'm going to do.
Yasuhara is frickin awesome btw. I'm so happy he joined the team
and he get a little more characterization for Mai. it was pretty sad to find out about the deaths of her parents and how she basically had to support herself since middle school
Mar 16, 2015 5:40 PM

Feb 2015
This is just getting creepier and creepier in every episode - I LOVE IT!!

Yasuhara is back and there were already many scenes with him that made me laugh. Monk had also couple good ones in this ep. I really like his character as well.
I'm wondering what's up with Lin-san...? I don't want him to be sad :(
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Jul 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
I don't want to die. (great episode)
Nov 20, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
Dat Yasuhara. He's cool! Although he has no supernatural ability, the guy is so smooth and is realy smart. I like his sense of humor and he doesn't piss me off by being self-confident like nothing. I don't get, however, the reference to some sly merchant from japanese literature they mention and comparing him with. Overal, he is very calculating and one might wonder about his feelings and agenda. But being a high-schooler, he probably doesn't have one yet having to deal with the ghost-hunting bussiness (although I can see him as an acting director in place of Naru.

The monk is also very likeable and mature. Too bad, he happens to like youngish girls (Mai-chan) as oposed to "older" mikos. There is realy no character I dislike from the crew. They kind of been careful with John, not giving him much spotlight, but I guess, he's fine with that. And Masako, I don't get tired from her acting like a high-born lady from pre-meiji era (akay, let's say "old-fashioned"), it suits her better than school-girl attire. She is so beautiful in those yukata (or whatever she's wearing) and I love how she covers her mouth with her sleeve when talking sh*t to Mai in a pointedly formal accent :D She still is a teen who is kind of lonely with her work and fame, I can tell that. And she's fallen for Naru, poor thing.

I feel bad for Ayako as she gets to be a butt of some cruel jokes regarding her age and usefulness, the former playing more to japanesque stereotypes (she is not old and actualy the most womanly mature of the cast - I'd hit on her and not just because I have a thing for mikos) and latter carying a grain of truth. Naru, however, gives her miko-tasks regulary, so he acknowledges something to her.

So, we finaly get to know, WHY MAI IS NOT AT SCHOOL - she can skip lessons all she wants - nice. I bet the teens who were watching this are jealous :D
And she is not your normal schoolgirl, she had had a traumatic experience which might had something to do with being sensitive.

To the episode. The setup is tense. I wondered why Naru took on this job at all (wel get to know that). It's too troublesome. And they have brought competition. That brittish guy looks as though he is going to be a star of this night, at least everyone are excited to see the real pro in action.

I actualy don't like blood and killing even in anime, but it is inevitable in some stories. I'd say again, that Mai has some guts being there, even if she relies on Naru and others for protection. Me, I'd not stayed in this mansion for a night if they would pay me a million (and why would they do that?). At least, not withought some great backup like Mai has... That must be it - she "believes" in Naru more, probably :D
burbelsNov 20, 2015 8:30 AM
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Feb 5, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
I'm gonna make a wild guess : a rich guy who lived in this mansion had an incurable disease and started kidnapping and do test on his subject. Maybe he also had dementia? I don't know, it look like there was some torture rooms and shit. Damn, maybe it will get gloomy for real this time :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2016 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
Surprised I forgot about this arc, definitely one of the best of the series. Also, I'm I the only one that gets bothered at Mai not telling the group about what she senses sometimes and her dreams? You already know you have psychic powers so why the hell do you keep withholding information just because you don't think it was important enough to tell them? -_-
Jan 28, 2017 5:53 PM

Sep 2013
I'm liking the direction this story arc is headed. That opening sequence gave me chills. Seems like Lin isn't too happy with Mai's response to him being Chinese.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 20, 2018 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one who dislikes Yasuhara? He is way too cringey imo. Also, if he is made into a regular that's too much of a main cast. That means someone else is going to be in the background. For example, I feel like John has turned into a background character, he rarely speaks anymore, which is a shame since I like John.

Please Yasuhara, let this arc be the last time you make an appearance gtfo..
Oct 15, 2021 7:55 AM
Oct 2021
I wonder what the red writing was when everyone is in shock
May 2, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2016
Good thing glasses guy is still around, and finally we get to know more about mc (even though it is because something will happen to her). The setting is interesting as well. Good beginning of the arc.

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.