Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2012
Not the polar opposite of this

Just as the title says.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The character development is, at times, very quick and almost unnoticeable due to the fast pace of the show.

Yuru Yuri - The comedy gets really repeatable at times, plus S2 has too much focus on Sakurako and Himawari.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - WAAAY too otaku pandering.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2012 2:29 PM

Jun 2012
Fairy Tail - the fillers are useless and boring
Sep 9, 2012 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - It's a harem. Why can't I just have Michiru from the start?
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Sep 9, 2012 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - The animation and art isn't so good. It also has some plot holes.
Sep 9, 2012 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Spiral-the anime ending was awfull
Sep 9, 2012 2:35 PM

Mar 2012
AKB0048 - The CGI isn't very good, sometimes it can get worse as it drags on
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]

May 2008
Chihayafuru - the game of Karuta. Though I like Chihayafuru over Saki (another game-genre anime), Karuta's such a simple, bland, and boring game compared to, say, Saki's Mahjong. The major weakness in the show for me.

Dec 2011
Madoka has some issues with character development for being too short and fast-paced.
Baccano! can be pretty confusing and at times boring during the first half.
Princess Tutu had some repetitive and useless moments/episodes.

Sep 9, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
Uchuu Kyoudai - I have to wait a week for the next episode.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 9, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
I said this back in 2011 in a similar thread:

jal90 said:
My top favorite animes:

Most of it remains the same (except Azumanga, I appreciated that episode a lot more in rewatch, now I would go with some other idea like the joke timing being too erratic in the first episodes).

I can add a few more favorites:

Will think of more later.
Sep 9, 2012 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
I-i I'll try

To Aru Majutsu no Index: My little Index needs more relevance to the story. Sure she's definitely not useless but it should be more focused on her

Sep 9, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
Clannad after story, the ending was really stupid.
Sep 9, 2012 2:43 PM
Sep 2011
Nichijou - Some scenes were boring and just left me waiting for it to be over, like the first "EEEEEEEHHHH??" skit.

Otogi-Jushi Akazukin - The fights tend to be more eye candy than anything else, with the girls quickly overcoming a tough situation in a colorful display and triumphant music.

Yuru Yuri (first season) - Way too much Kyouko. Predictable Akari abuse "humor".

Princess Tutu - Femio. I almost skipped the episode he appeared in.

Heartcatch Precure - Predictable filler of the victim of the week style. In a really bad episode Tsubomi and Erika barely get any focus until the monster arrives.

Cardcaptor Sakura - The episode with the quiz tournament was kinda dull.
Sep 9, 2012 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
Nichijou - The jokes a lot times are drawn out way longer than they need to be and can be very repetitive.

Welcome to the NHK - Animation was lackluster and could become pretty terrible at times.

Cross Game -I found the character designs generally unappealing. They were unique and different which I liked, but other than that...eh.
Sep 9, 2012 2:50 PM

Sep 2012
Medaka Box - a lot. The plot, the mary sue MC, the awful art style, the occasional and unfitting dark moments (it's like the show itself is yangire) and the ridiculous fanservice.
However, I think all the negative points of this anime are what really make it shine
Sep 9, 2012 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
Strike witches - The mc was boring and one of my least favorite characters on the show.
Gunslinger girl - It was too short.

ihateeveryone said:

Sakurako and Himawari.

But that was the good part.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 9, 2012 3:00 PM
Jun 2012
Fate/stay night - Studio Deen
Shuhan said:
Clannad after story, the ending was really stupid.

Sep 9, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
Gundam 00 S2: Wasn't as good as the first season

Deziah said:
Fate/stay night - Studio Deen

This

vomitchan said:
Medaka Box - a lot. The plot, the mary sue MC, the awful art style, the occasional and unfitting dark moments (it's like the show itself is yangire) and the ridiculous fanservice.
However, I think all the negative points of this anime are what really make it shine

Those all are actually positive points to me(well i don't think the art is awful)

Sep 9, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
rederoin said:

ihateeveryone said:

Sakurako and Himawari.

But that was the good part.

They're fun characters, but I feel like there's too much focus on them as compared to the focus we had on Kyouko x Ayano last season, mostly Ayano who hardly shows up this season. I don't dislike them, but I prefer that they start leading towards the other pairing(s) that they setup last season.

Kokoro Connect - The entire Heartseed concept seems a bit too much like a plot device. Not to mention that the series feels a bit melodramatic at times.
Sep 9, 2012 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
Angel Beats - Needs to be longer, story was too abrupt (shadows, not explaining backstories, etc), half the supporting cast has no development at all (not that it really matters tbh), PLOTHOLES EVERYWHERE.
I still love it to death though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 3:09 PM

Mar 2009
Death Note - Could've stopped sooner.
Sep 9, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2010
Panty and Stocking - The plot gets quite confusing
Sep 9, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2008
Naruto Shippuuden: Fillers, drawn out scenes and poor animations destroyed Shippuuden. Never before have i seen a show that was so good turned into something that you cant even watch. Naruto was amazing but Shippuuden... :<
Sep 9, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Parasprite said:
Panty and Stocking - The plot gets quite confusing

I'm sorry, but...

>Panty & Stocking
>Plot

what

Clannad: After Story - A complete copout ending.
Sep 9, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2012
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Some of the characters sucked (Flay)
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - Slow beginning and a few filler arcs were unnecessary.
Kara no Kyoukai - The fourth and six movies were a little weak
Carnival Phantasm - Didn't really include Kara no Kyoukai characters
Fate/Zero - I'm sorry but there's nothing bad to say.
Sep 9, 2012 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
ihateeveryone said:

Kokoro Connect - The entire Heartseed concept seems a bit too much like a plot device. Not to mention that the series feels a bit melodramatic at times.
It is a plot device. Without it, there is no plot.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Sep 9, 2012 3:41 PM
May 2012
Oban star-racers - None of the humans have noses. Some aliens do.
Sep 9, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2008
Aria - As wonderful as the show is, it can just be SO slow sometimes.

Yuru Yuri - The white haired twins are really annoying.

K-on! - Could've used better plot.
Anime figure reviews:
Sep 9, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: is finished :( and now I'm lost...I need more *cry*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
clannad - moe
rahxephon - hard to follow at times
evangelion - to much pretentious bullshit and sybolism
now and then here and there - gigantic plothole at the start
gintama - immature as fuck, start sucks
NHK - couple boring eps in between

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2011
Phantom - Cal doubled in size after 2 years
Sep 9, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
Can't do it. Every show that I love is perfect.

...K fine.

Code Geass - second season with the Chinese Federation stuff like wat just happened bro.
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - Cal arc.
Higashi no Eden - plot got wonky. Real wonky.
Mawaru Penguindrum - people say that the symbolism was a bit too much... I guess I agree, to an extent.

Lately said:

That killed me too. Apparently she was 14 and then 16. More like 10 and then 20 if you ask me.
Sep 9, 2012 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Baccano!- The last OVA (and the sales) pretty much ensured that there won't be (another) season(s) to cover the rest of the novels.

The Twelve Kingdoms- The first 10 episodes where Youko is so whiny are a chore to get through. They're necessary for her character development but still make it a hard show to get into. It also ends abruptly on a recap episode after its weakest arc, leaving a bunch of unresolved plot threads, so yeah...

Gankutsuou- The writing quality went all over the place after the 2/3 mark. It also had some truly horrible CGI in those episodes, and the futuristic setting never felt like much more than a(n admittedly really cool looking) cosmetic change. Also Albert.

Utena- The show had a pretty noticeably low budget with all the reused animation; it's first 14 episodes weren't the greatest; and the director mentioned he just put some of its "symbolism" in because it looked cool.
Sep 9, 2012 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Neon Genesis Evangelion, not really that thrilled with the art for the last two episodes.

removed-userSep 9, 2012 4:26 PM
Sep 9, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2010
One piece- Fishmen Arc
Sep 9, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2012
Death note - Second half of the series wasn't as good and EPIC as the first half.
Fate/zero - episode 24 leads to somewhat confusing questions generally Saber/Berserker
Sep 9, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
Ragna92 said:
One piece- Fishmen Arc

Because of that arc,I can't say I love that show anymore.....till New World........if Toei don't fuck it up.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 9, 2012 4:14 PM

Dec 2011
Boogiepop Phantom - It has the best atmosphere and sound effects out of any series I've ever seen. It's also very original and perhaps the only anime I could call 'Lynchesque' (for hardcore fans of David Lynch).

However... the ending was super anti-climactic and a total cop out; it pretty much sucked. Still a 10/10 in my eyes I enjoyed it too much to let that get in the way of an otherwise completely unique standalone anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 4:16 PM

Dec 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Ragna92 said:
One piece- Fishmen Arc

Because of that arc,I can't say I love that show anymore.....till New World........if Toei don't fuck it up.

Yeah the pacing of the FI anime arc really sucks. However it's not exactly Toeis fault, unfortunately the writing just wasn't up to Oda's usual high standard. I'm sure Punk Hazard will be awesome though.
Sep 9, 2012 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
LayedBack said:
Jeddy017 said:
Ragna92 said:
One piece- Fishmen Arc

Yeah the pacing of the FI anime arc really sucks. However it's not exactly Toeis fault, unfortunately the writing just wasn't up to Oda's usual high standard. I'm sure Punk Hazard will be awesome though.

Yeah,even in the manga this arc wasn't that great either.The anime just multiply the dragging by 10.
My Devianart

Sep 9, 2012 4:19 PM
Jun 2012
Lately said:

Before:

After:

Milk does a body good.
gatx375 said:
Fate/Zero - Rin Tohsaka was just a kid and didn't get enough air time I'm sorry but there's nothing bad to say.

Fixed. ;)
Sep 9, 2012 4:21 PM

Mar 2011
Code Geass - The entire second season (excluding the last 5 episode).

Last Exile - The entire second Season.

Full Metal Panic - It ended too soon.

Spice and Wolf - It ended too soon.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Directing wasn't as good as the first series.
Sep 9, 2012 4:22 PM

May 2012
Deziah said:

gatx375 said:
Fate/Zero - Rin Tohsaka was just a kid and didn't get enough air time I'm sorry but there's nothing bad to say.

Fixed. ;)

Did your comment earlier actually get removed?
Anyway, I actually didn't mind the Rin episode. The Kariya and Aoi dialogue at the end of the saved it.
Sep 9, 2012 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
Fullmetal Alchemist: Lujon = Johnny Young Bosch.
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2012
FLCL - What the fuck was going on? Kinda short and I wasn't a big fan of Haruko.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro - Art could be better, and sometimes the mysteries are way too elaborate for any normal person. Also, it was very different from the manga.

Durarara!! - At times it was boring, Mikado wasn't that interesting and

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Character development seemed nonexistent
Sep 9, 2012 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
One Piece: Terrible pacing, and some of the worst filler ever conceived.
Evangelion: The story is often brought to a halt just so Shinji can cry on a metaphysical train.
GitS: SAC: Come second season Togusa does basically nothing except for like one episode
Fate/Zero: The ending is just an advertisement for a far inferior show
Darker than Black: Its second season, all of it.
Sep 9, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
Deziah said:
Lolwow. Now I'm somewhat interested in watching this. But then again I've just seen Fate Zero and aren't really in the mood for another dark thriller fest.
Sep 9, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
Smile Precure- I feel like it is getting repetitive lately.
Sep 9, 2012 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
hana yori dango - the art is truly terrible
Sep 9, 2012 5:37 PM

Apr 2010
Higurashi and Umineko - DEEN'd
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - 11 hours ago

16 by LoveYourSmile »»
13 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Yesterday

16 by 7_3 »»
20 minutes ago

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

33 by Nirinbo »»
21 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7222 by damiJESUS »»
36 minutes ago

» Can someone please help me fine the name of an old anime ( no pics available)

Karimhi - Jun 8

15 by nmarquesantos »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.