Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2008 3:26 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A very short glimpse at the pure EPICNESS that is Nightmare Luffy, though sitting through the explanation was really getting on my nerves.

Anyway, finally getting to the meat of the Oz fight.

And Brook was hilarious in the episode. Lol.

PS: Totally loving this new high-speed group, VegardAune. Not only fast, but accurate translations and good grammar. Such a nice feeling being able to watch One Piece early in the week.
Sep 14, 2008 6:33 PM

Jun 2007
Awesome, Next one should be good.

Loved the part where Franky Robin and Brook did the ok thing xD
Sep 14, 2008 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
Awsome episode, next one even better. I'm soo looking forward to seeing if luffy will even make it to Oz and Moria before the "powerups" wear off...
Sep 15, 2008 9:41 AM

Oct 2007
Glad the pace of the episode wasnt so overslowed as always ... but it still was a bit slowt
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2008 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
Was it just me or did it seem to take forever for Zoro to run to Chopper? Seriously! I even randomly imagined some corny romantic music in the middle of that scene and burst out laughing!

On another note, Sanji totally FAILED.

"Nami-swan! Nami-swan! Nami-swan!"

"Shut up, idiot!"

XD
Sep 16, 2008 7:04 AM

May 2007
Woa, woa. This arc is starting to reach its climax. Soooo exciting. <3

Nightmare Luffy! Cant wait! XD

Sep 17, 2008 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
very cool episode,.,.really like to see nightmare luffy,.,.,.
Sep 17, 2008 10:36 AM
Jun 2007
Luffy with a sword = EPICness.
Sep 18, 2008 7:32 PM

Apr 2008
Avarice said:

EPIC INDEED, Awesome & Hilarious episode at the same time, I cant wait to see Nightmare Luffy
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Sep 20, 2008 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, poor Franky xD

I want to see Nightmare Luffy in action soon.
Sep 20, 2008 4:45 PM
Mar 2008
finally caught a glimpse of nightmare luffy

------EDIT--------

Removed two spoilers
Sep 22, 2008 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
Marry me!
No.
XD I laughed so hard, i had to pause.

I dont know about this nightmare luffy though. Since it is just a temporary "boost" it would be kind of a letdown, if he has to beat moria using these temporary abilities.

Sep 22, 2008 4:20 PM

Oct 2007
Avarice said:

Yes, yes indeed.

Sep 22, 2008 10:05 PM
Jul 2008
vindemon64 said:

A very short glimpse at the pure EPICNESS that is Nightmare Luffy, though sitting through the explanation was really getting on my nerves.

And Brook was hilarious in the episode. Lol.

PS: Totally loving this new high-speed group, VegardAune. Not only fast, but accurate translations and good grammar. Such a nice feeling being able to watch One Piece early in the week.

NIGHTMAREE LUFFY!!! yes hes powerful, but i STILL cant decide which is more powerful

note: what the hell is that watrer 7 arc place called... the marine base with luchi etc... and whatr their spcl moves called?

oh, and this fansubin grp yes its fast, but they aren't translating nakama!!! kaizouku set that at the very START of the searies!!! jeez

Nov 12, 2009 10:39 PM

May 2008
I am surprised to see that luffy has 100 Shadows....
Nightmare Luffy=Awesome

Is just me or does it look like he has Zoro's Shadow?
Feb 13, 2010 10:12 PM

May 2008
LOL Luffy looks like a giant

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 15, 2010 5:03 AM

Oct 2008
Nightmare Luffy sounds awesome.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 21, 2010 6:49 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, this is getting freaking exciting, the fight witrh Odz in the first half was SUPER! Btw poor Franky xD

Next!
Aug 20, 2010 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
Yea Luffy with a sword is amazing.
Apr 7, 2011 3:07 AM

Jul 2007
Damn when i saw luffy use that sword to chop down that tree i was like o_0. So hes actually consuming shadows from various other strong pirates and gaining all of there power? Damn so is this like a transformation for luffy now? To bad he can't keep this power cause it only lasts 20 min. I did not expect Mora to be inside of Oar's how the hell did he get there. I thought he was in the castle talking with Kuma. In any case now that Oz has luffy's real gomu gomu abilities. This is going to be serous trouble for the straw hat crew. I can only imagine how epic this fight is going to be against Nightmare luffy.

Also they have Kuma to deal with as well. Damn this is definitely reaching the best parts of the arc.
ArtimesGamerApr 7, 2011 3:12 AM

May 9, 2011 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
I...didn't like the shadow power up thing, it seemed insanely random. I mean, why the hell doesn't he just try Gear 3rd, or is Luffy not going to use that power anymore for some inexplicable reason?

The rest of the episode was pretty cool, though. And, I too wonder how the hell Moria is suddenly in Odz's stomach.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2011 8:47 PM

May 2010
I like how the Strawhat crew are working together to fight a common enemy :-) The ideas of the combo moves were great!
But more importantly, Nightmare Luffy.. manoman.. 100 shadows+Gear 3rd? haha he must be stronger than Gold Roger now! :-D Now actually, Moria's ability is now getting more sense.. and makes you think what if they recruit him in their crew LOL
Jul 30, 2011 4:06 AM

Aug 2010
i want this arc to be over
Oct 11, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
yay.
Oct 30, 2011 9:33 AM

Nov 2010
Ahaha, what the hell. I'm not following the manga so it was a bit of a wtf? moment for me (more than usual in One Piece). Also, it seems the zombie version of Lola is prettier. That's a scary thought.
Feb 1, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2012
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I LOVE THE SHADOW-POWERUP IDEA I AM SO PUMPED FOR NIGHTMARE LUFFY
seriously that's awesome

also brook was hilarious what with breaking everywhere. what a fop hahaha.
Jun 14, 2012 12:27 AM
Nov 2009
NIGHTMARE LUFFY HOLY SH*T
Jun 23, 2012 6:37 AM
Jun 2012
brook is hilarious!!!!!!
Jul 18, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2010
This arc was kinda lagging for me but these past few episodes might have saved it. Nightmare Luffy sounds interesting.
Nov 11, 2012 7:38 AM

Mar 2010
Oh gosh.. if only luffy didn't go the wrong way, but its a ship so he'll fight soon!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 3, 2012 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
LOL @ all the shadows getting stuffed into Luffy.

By the way, anyone notice how Franky's signature 'super' sounds really different in this episode? :/
Aug 8, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
is this what they called nightmare luffy?
duuuude this is awesome! i can't wait to see him in action.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2013 4:57 PM

May 2012
I think Luffy using 100 shadows is far too many. Luffy does have a strong mentality when it comes to a fight but if a regular human can only handle two or three and they assumed he could only handle twenty any more than that is just overkill. After the swordsmanship demonstration I think twenty would have been enough. Turning him into a super beast just seems like an excuse for some pointless destruction along the way, aka, more lagging in the episode rather than getting down to a real fight.

Other than that it wasn't a bad episode, Sanji waving his arms about and apologising to Nami about being so useless was funny, and her telling him to shut up. But the crew in the forest reeling off that long winded explanation of the shadows to Luffy was annoying, he only has twenty minutes until sun rise people!
Jan 23, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
mulderman said:
Loved the part where Franky Robin and Brook did the ok thing xD

me too XD
I didn't know what Nightmare Luffy was but now that I do it looks awesome. Only hope it will work :)
Jun 7, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
Nightmare Luffy, seems very interesting. The way he used the sword was epic, can't wait to see what happens next!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Sep 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
Luffy master swordsman,haha i really want to see how Zoro will react to this.

Oct 4, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
Nightmare Luffy, a.k.a Hulk Luffy.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 10, 2015 8:34 PM

Jun 2015
Saskee said:
Luffy master swordsman,haha i really want to see how Zoro will react to this.

lmao xDD
Aug 31, 2015 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Nightmare Luffy is a boss!
I wonder if he will make it before the shadow's leave his body though... Lol
Jun 2, 2016 4:40 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Nightmare Luffy! Can`t wait for him to show up *-*

Jul 24, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
Cool nice power ups for Niightmare Luffy!

But what is with the dragged out sequences like those nobodies carrying the huge swor and Zoro running up to get boosted up by Chopper? Why they make these so incessantly long is beyond me
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Jun 2016
Lola confuses me. We've seen in the case of Ryuma and in the case of Cindry that the mario, aka the body, is what retains the memories and the shadow is mostly the fighting ability of the person. Ryuma started to remember what it was like being the samurai he once was and Cindry remembered herself and gave Choppy that smile of hers that we saw in the pictures. Yet, Lola, a zombie, seems to have her shadows memories. At least insofar as they are marriage obsessed and retain the same name. I suppose the body her shadow was placed in could have just been similar and had the same name or perhaps went with it for some reason but even in the case of Luffy's shadow in Oars, he's kept some of the same personality but its faded over time. Or in the case of Sanji, he was able to hurt a woman when the real Sanji nearly killed himself as to not lay a hand on Kalifa. The fact Lola seems to have retained much of her shadows personality even after 3 years seems to go against what we know about how zombies work.

Either way, the Lola pirates are quite hilarious and their inclusion was interesting. They're really awful people if you think about it. They didn't want to save random peoples shadows so they kept them as shadow slaves! And they forcibly put them into Luffy so they could get their shadows back. The way Luffy had shadow after shadow shoved into him was funny and seems somewhat dangerous, but as we know other than Lola the other zombies retain their marios memories and beliefs and all that in the end so I don't think the shadows will have any long term problems, especially with how the Lola pirates have tested it and brought up the point about how they'll only last inside Luffy until they escape him to find their real owners. I wonder if he'll have a really weird blob for his literal shadow now.

The fact the shadows changed his body mass is pretty weird... But, I guess I'll accept it at face value. They are all conflicting on his personality it seems kind of like how before a mario forgets its shadow they retain its personality... so I'm worried about Luffy being really conflicted based on the 100 personalities and fighting styles inside his body. I don't know if this will end up being mostly a joke or what but it's definitely interesting, I hadn't even played with the idea of stealing other peoples already separated shadows like that.

The team attacks on Oars continue to be awesome. Zoro and Sanji's team attack with the building, Brook, Robin and Franky's thumbs up were hilarious, the Kuwagata launching Franky was super cool even if it ended up failing quite brutally and Nami saving the day and being noticed by Oars due to Sanji's overwhelming happiness of her safety all made the first half great.

As for Oars new stretchy abilities, I don't get it. I wonder if Hogback could have messed with its limbs but it's not like they were always planning to put Luffy's shadow inside Oars, my impression was the strongest pirate they kidnapped would go in him. Hmmmm.
Jul 15, 2020 9:20 AM

May 2016
The Straw Hats continue to be awesome with their dynamic teamwork but with Gecko Moria covering for Oars' limitations, it's only going to be a matter of time until he defeats them unless Luffy gets there as soon as possible.

It was very interesting to see that the original owners of the Wild Zombies' shadows was doing something like keeping the shadows of powerful strangers, knowing that there could be a use for it soon. As they have hoped, the indomitable will of the next Pirate King made Luffy harbor the power of a hundred different pirates.

I'd say that this spiced up the variety of the final battle of this arc and it's a good move to save the Gears for other, more climactic fights considering the costs of using it.

Jul 31, 2020 8:31 PM

May 2020
To be honest, I would have hopped to see Luffy pull up with some really cool sword skills only and he'd have them for a longer time.

But I am still interested in seeing what will unfold with Nightmare Luffy!!!
May 24, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... Nightmare Luffy is here.
Aug 8, 2021 7:17 AM

Aug 2021
Oars have the powers of gomu-gomu fruit as well
also lola is helpful even in her human form

Nightmare luffy damn he took in 100 shadows

Aug 9, 2022 11:09 PM

Dec 2018
shit's about to get hot
let's go luffy ronin
Oct 31, 2022 1:17 PM
Jun 2020
Omg! Oars is so goofy!! Hahahahha omg I love the bible guy. Man I love them.
Jan 13, 2023 2:00 PM
Apr 2022
5 because nightmare luffy
May 29, 2023 11:09 PM
Oct 2019
Luffy using Katana = EPIC!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Toei didn't improve anything after time skip beside the artstyle and animation ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - May 26

51 by Oongbuh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 601 Discussion

Wind_Sr - Jun 22, 2013

45 by Boksi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

48 by nickehhhhhh »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

54 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 580 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FrostToaster - Jan 12, 2013

86 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.