Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Emika is totally a nice sister however I did not like her take of sending Ichika back with her. She could comprehend more the love Ichika has for the Earth and Kaito. I am worried about her at the end of the episode cause something happens to her spaceship and she loses communications. I doubt it has anything to do with Earth since her position was close to the moon less there are space bases there already. I doubt though. So WTF happened to Ichika’s sister is what I want to know in the next episode and why it happened. On top of that I liked seeing her with a hat and that white dress. Makes her look sexy.

Lemon…………………………..OVER 9000 driving skills à la Initial D style. In fact the end of episode was what was most impressive of her. I never though she could drive but now investing feelings into her paid off totally. I was totally hyped! Lemon’s driving was EPIC along with robot arm. Wow! What was that? That folks was some excitement and perhaps a show that Lemon may be a genius after all. While Mio/Ishigaki on the scooter was sexy! They look like a nice couple out riding. Kanna on the other hand is like a big YOU GO GIRL! She took courage and went out there to confuse the rescue pod.

Kanna in fact was nicely pepped up by Ishigaki/Mio this episode, whom is a part I treasure full of nice drama and emotions during that part. That in turn got Kanna to pour out some of that on Kaito/Ichika. Which in turn fueled up the map search of the location rather well. A Domino cheer up effect so to speak. But man oh man! KANNA! So much courage from this girl and strong emotions that were so much more in this episode.

I am T_T when I know it will end. This was after all a most amazing romance series so far and will still be memorable for its art and features. Might edit later if time allows.
Yumekichi11Mar 19, 2012 11:18 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's not allowed for sempai to communicate with the people outer space (and the world is listed as "F")?! And her sister (Horie-san?r) is mad. And she's going to take sempai away to prevent making it bigger! So sempai is listed as "missing" and beginning of in search.

Everyone's worried about and helping the pair, especially Remon, who's awesome in every way (with asking the sister for help and the driving!!)!!

Wow, I hope they are safe (as the car was bumped).
tsubasaloverMar 19, 2012 11:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2012 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Lemon has serious offensive driving skills.

I hope those flying rinon looking mecha from episode 9 didn't kill Ichika's sister, I like Emika, she's a hottie and gentle but she was a little out of line trying to send Ichika back to her planet, glad Mio, Kanna and Tetsurou stopped her and Rinon.

Those mecha are far more aggressive too than in ep 9.

Mar 19, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
Well - good episode though way to aggressive with the sister pushing her own ends as if they were the only ones (both sides doing it really) glad she helped in the end and did t hose mecha seem more aggressive too anyone else? lol -

Now this really is feeling like a link but not a link to Onegai - I mean to find the evidence of another alien who landed and made contact (and t hen married and wound up staying on earth etc)

Remon did some pwning too - So who is banking on a Stay Onegai style ending? And we have resolved the triangle's entirely now ~ cliff hanger unto the end (and maybe an ova?)
sirwenceMar 19, 2012 3:25 PM
Mar 19, 2012 3:19 PM
Jun 2009
Yaaay \(*T▽T*)/
I’ve been waiting for this for so long...like...seriously...
Tetsurou, thank you!
Mar 19, 2012 3:22 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"Annoying Drones" - Remon
Mar 19, 2012 3:23 PM
Dec 2009
Well, I know what I am definitely buying once it comes stateside! (I never buy anime...) Also, this series has overthrown Toradora as my favorite Romance/comedy series of all time!
Mar 19, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,lets find the place.

I really like Erika she is not only hottie also a great sister,i love she is risking her own safety for her sister hope nothing bad happen to her.

Again Kanna show why i like her from the beginning she is putting her love for Kaito first that her own feelings to make him be happy with Ichika not only she told Ichika how idiot she was also risk her life..really you go girl!!

Tetsurou and Mio also great this episode not only the scooter part that i loved also that ship is sail!!! With this we sercure TetsurouxMio for sure i am happy!!

Remon was the highlight of the episode,she not only make Erika help Ichika,she also is amazing driver,a genius and a awesome Troll....that why she was my favorite from the start and i happy i was right,also i think she may be an alien also she seems to know a lot their technology.

Next episode all ends...i have a feeling will get some sad scenes and then massive happy ending at the end!! Prepare the tissues for next episode.....

Btw Remon drive to victory!!

More GIFs and shit on the club!!:http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=415645
raxius1230Mar 19, 2012 8:08 PM
Mar 19, 2012 3:36 PM

Apr 2011
The back half of this show is sooooooooooooo much better than it's allowed to be considering the first half and the cheap "childhood friend from long ago who you promised to marry introduced out of nowhere" stuff.

Come on Ano Natsu, I have faith that you can make me raise your score to 8 with your last episode.
Mar 19, 2012 3:40 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode!

Looks like Remon is also an alien or something, or maybe she got the van from Ichika's sister, which is highly unlikely. :)

Kanna is so cute yet so sad, I still feel bad for her.

Next episode will be last, so sad that this series is going to end.
Mar 19, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2010
Congratulations to Kanna.

She won da anon atsu by default.
Ok™
Mar 19, 2012 3:51 PM
Feb 2012
Aaaaaaargh, all those cliffhangers of my favourite anime!

Yet another amazing episode filled with friendship and love. May sound a little bit cheesy but that's how it was for me. Kanna, Tetsurou, Mio, Emika and Lemon- you guys are so freaking awesome. <3

Now that preview makes it seem like Ichika won't find that place but I have a feeling that it's just for show. It would literally feel like a punch in the face if Ichika and Kai don't get their happy end looking at all the hardships they had to go through and all the efforts of their friends and loved ones. No, I'm sure that we'll get a happy ending. Ano Natsu de Matteru won't disappoint me; I'm completely sure of that.

10/10 without a second thought
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 19, 2012 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
OMG :D
this is the best series this season! I love it
Mio x Tetsuro... great their got happy ending :) well they deserved it - nice to see that Tetsuro is learning something from his girlfriend :) or stops thinking to much... and on emotional level that scooter scene worked, oh it did so much:D

and what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? - this:

everything Remon was doing here was amazing - ok I have no idea from where she got that car or who taught her to drive (I see a bit of Yukari-sensei school here). And that claw o.O
she is magnificent bastard but luckilly for everyone she was on the right side - and I would love to see some spin-off about her :D

nice ep with Kanna also... she will be fine, also nicely developed character here
Dalek-bakaMar 19, 2012 4:32 PM
Mar 19, 2012 3:59 PM

Feb 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Remon was part of the Federation itself.
Mar 19, 2012 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
Wow! Remon is amazing! Go Tetsurou for asking out Mio!
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 19, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
My god. That preview makes me fucking afraid Ichika'll have to get back home after all, i'll die crying if it happens.
I'll die crying when i get mah good ending too though.

Remon was awesome, with all the technology she got and handled so nicely, and dem driving skills.
Loved whole episode, i feel i'm really gonna be crying on last episode.

Also, i guess by now it seems like this is indeed linked with those Onegai series?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 19, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Remon is and agent from MIB lol

mulitple licences aswell as a transforming van.

my heart skipped a beat when Ichika was gonna teleport back without properly saying goodbye...
Mar 19, 2012 4:31 PM

Feb 2011
I love this show. OMG.

Remon is a boss. No questions. Actually pretty much the whole main cast is pretty boss, but Remon. With the trolling and the spying, and then in their time of need, BAM a VAN and she has all the alien gear from Ichika's sister AND THERES A ROBOT ARM IN THE VAN.

Definitely one of the better animes for me.
Mar 19, 2012 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
This whole "find evidence of aliens coming here before, so Earth won't be classified as category F civilization anymore" sounds really dumb, the only letdown for me in this episode.

What do you guys think, happy ending or not? I would say she returns to her planet and comes back later.
Mar 19, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Omg Remon is an alien! ...Why am I not surprised? Hu, hu, hu.
Mar 19, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2011
I have a feelings this is gonna be a sad ending.

Wait, so by finding this one place from Ichika's memories it will promote Earth from a Level-F civilization to a higher level and that in turn might might make Ichika able to stay on Earth? I wonder what this place is and why it's so secret and important.
Tomodachi5Mar 19, 2012 6:36 PM
Mar 19, 2012 5:32 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, but that preview T_T all i'm saying is this better not end bitter; they want to go Onegai style ending, thats good and all; but the whole she leaves but we will never forget=garbage ending

Gotta say tho Remon was a boss driving; lol i wonder if she is alien; since she obviously isn't normal (we kinda new that from the get go XD); looking forward to the ending; hopefully its done right. From the preview it seems they find the location (near water, i'm assuming the lake); but she leaves/gets captured; so it will either end with her coming back or the bitter crap with her leaving but staying in memory :/
Mar 19, 2012 5:35 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode, really set up the ending well.

Tetsuro and Mio are so cute on that scooter, I'm glad he's giving her a chance instead of being hung up on Kanna. Mio is doing all in her power to make Tetsuro notice her and it seems to have finally paid off.

Can I just say Ichika's sister is way cuter that Ichika. Kaito is dating the wong sister definitely.

Lemon is definitely the biggest mystery of this series. Hopefully we'll find out her story in the last episode. I still think she might be Ichigo, but it's really doubtful now.

And finally, the van crashes. I hope everyone is alright D:

Btw did some of the subs lag behind or was it just me.
blazeheroMar 19, 2012 6:34 PM
Mar 19, 2012 5:36 PM
Apr 2011
Who is this remon lol
Mar 19, 2012 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
blazehero said:

No, had the same problem, they got messed up after a few minutes, I had to find another mirror without lag.
Mar 19, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
So Ichika is forced to leave the planet... and then a possible solution just comes out of nowhere. And damn Remon is good... where did she get that van?!
Mar 19, 2012 6:23 PM
Oct 2010
yea i watched with bad subs :(

goodep. lemon gots dem wheel skillz. dont like kanna and her one sided love :( she too cute for that :O

was expecting an onegai chracter to appear when they mentioned previous contact also, maybe itll happen next ep :D
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 19, 2012 6:38 PM
Jan 2012
Some quick notes:

Very underwhelming when Kaito FINALLY called Ichika by her name. Once again, the writing saddens me.

Horie Yui should have been in the main cast. Love her voice!

Soooo much CHEEESE.

Kanna LOVES shooting herself in the foot.

Haha Kanna says NO to the Ichika leg pillow. She just needs to hang out around them more to stop everything.

Mio!!! You win~I'm pretty sure...

Kanna don't give a care about Ichika! And what was the I'll make you regret it in three years line. Kaito should regret it now...

And finally, I hope they (except Lemon) died in the car accident :) jk Ichika would just kiss Kaito AND Remon and everything would be ok.
Mar 19, 2012 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh.....
I can smell a teary ending! T__________T

AND LEMON IS A PIMPPP!!!! SOOO CHIBI BUT SHE CAN DRIVE!!!!!!!!!! LMAOOOOO XDDD

AND AGJHLSAIUDFVFMDCIVUDLXUHKU

TETSUROU ASKED OUT MIO!!!!!!!!!!! IM FINALLLY HAPPY WITH MY SHIPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! T________________T <3333333333333
Mar 19, 2012 6:54 PM

May 2011
Yay!
Tetsurou bringing Mio on a Date ! =) This made my day. Finally, she get what she deserves ! I ship them ! <3

Lol at Remon as usual. She looks so tiny driving the van. Does she even see where she is going ? Rofl
Mar 19, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2008
@blazehero she is more or less the ichigo morino of this universe if nothing else.
Mar 19, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2007
Zhou said:
This whole "find evidence of aliens coming here before, so Earth won't be classified as category F civilization anymore" sounds really dumb, the only letdown for me in this episode.

Yeah I agree. For a federation that big to not have records of aliens making contact with that planet is weird. Not to mention if they did, that doesn't change the fact that they still don't have their own power to fly out of space(which mentioned was required). I hope they have a good reason for this. >_>

Anyways Lemon being pro again is the highlight for me. Hoping for some more info on her.
Mar 19, 2012 7:22 PM

Mar 2011
Zhou said:
blazehero said:

No, had the same problem, they got messed up after a few minutes, I had to find another mirror without lag.
I couldn't! >.>
I ended up just gritting through it!
Mar 19, 2012 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
Well, new girl's name is

Looks like Kanna's pissed off and Ichika pissed as well. Hell, I'm pissed off.

And the search party's pissed off looking for Ichika. Luckily, ours truly Remon takes the group on a ride (better than Disneyland) to outrun them!

Great episode tbfh.
Mar 19, 2012 7:39 PM

May 2011
Great Episode. I love how the show is building up to an action packed ending.

BTW, the lake they're looking for is Lake Kisaki. It's the same one used in Onegai Teacher and Twins. The story is coming full circle.
Mar 19, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2012
Day2Dream said:
Zhou said:

Yeah I agree. For a federation that big to not have records of aliens making contact with that planet is weird. Not to mention if they did, that doesn't change the fact that they still don't have their own power to fly out of space(which mentioned was required). I hope they have a good reason for this. >_>

Anyways Lemon being pro again is the highlight for me. Hoping for some more info on her.

They explained that by it's undetectable by their system. That being said there were probably never any records of an official visit to Earth, the only proof they have is the genetic code in their DNA. Also, even though Earth doesn't have interstellar travel yet, doesn't mean they can't whenever they come across that find, there could be something there that would help them achieve that goal.

LOL At Rinon taken hostage xD, one of the best parts of this episode, made me LoL. And wtf? Remon has got serius skillz......Srsly.....Where did she get her license? The Grand Prix?!....And she said she has multiple driver's license.....at that age....How old is she anyway?!.....Clearly not human!
Mar 19, 2012 7:53 PM
Mar 2012
Ardamaeus said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Remon was part of the Federation itself.

That's what I'm thinking. She's been kinda suspicious since the beginning, and seems to know a WHOLE lot more than she lets on. Guess we'll find out soon! LOVING this anime!
Mar 19, 2012 7:54 PM
Apr 2010
Call me practical, but... a group of teenage high schoolers being able to put a WHOLE PLANET a new look under alien laws is kinda... eh. I mean, something like that without some higher ups (government) not knowing something's up. bleh.
Mar 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
still have a strong feeling Ichika still might end up leaving which i'm okay with but man Kanna just put herself in the forever friendzone with both of them! luck was with mio this time around haha, and i Knew it Lemon has to be with the MIB or something along those crazy lines which is okay with me because she was the highlight of episode for me.

anyone else think Ichika's sister kinda looked like slightly older mana from GC?
Mar 19, 2012 8:08 PM

Mar 2011
I love it :') sadly, it ends next epsiode ..
Mar 19, 2012 8:10 PM

Jan 2012
katsu044 said:
still have a strong feeling Ichika still might end up leaving which i'm okay with but man Kanna just put herself in the forever friendzone with both of them! luck was with mio this time around haha, and i Knew it Lemon has to be with the MIB or something along those crazy lines which is okay with me because she was the highlight of episode for me.

anyone else think Ichika's sister kinda looked like slightly older mana from GC?

I hope not. If that happened, my RAGE mode would be activated, i'll go on their forums and ask them how they can take this wonderful masterpiece and turn it into this garbage, and then i'll be raging and be all like "MAKE A DIFFERENT ENDING! OR ELSE! I will NEVER support any anime you ever do again!" and be all like scary and stuff, and feeling beaten they will make a new ending.
Mar 19, 2012 8:33 PM

Dec 2011
Tetsurou and Mio finally together!! :D

And Remon was awesome. Probably she is an alien too.

Well, I prefer Kaito and Kanna than kaito and that alien.
But it is ok.
Mar 19, 2012 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
Remember when Remon said she asked someone for advice. I suspect that someone is a certain teacher living with a former student at the lake that is their destination.

I wonder just how many licenses she has and what the birthdate is on the first one?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 19, 2012 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
It was a beautiful episode that rose the bar of being with the one you love at all costs (and even for the unfortunate Kanna being honest with her love at all costs).
I loved it, and its sad that this is all going to end in one episode.
I really liked Ichika's sister and Remon you are the trollest of trolls and just so darn awesome.
She probably really is a MIB agent at this point LOL.
Mar 19, 2012 9:38 PM
Dec 2011
hmm interesting. 5/5. kept me on the edge of my seat although it had a sorta rushed feel. stupid aliens ;P
Mar 19, 2012 9:39 PM

Nov 2008
Ahri said:

I hope not. If that happened, my RAGE mode would be activated, i'll go on their forums and ask them how they can take this wonderful masterpiece and turn it into this garbage, and then i'll be raging and be all like "MAKE A DIFFERENT ENDING! OR ELSE! I will NEVER support any anime you ever do again!" and be all like scary and stuff, and feeling beaten they will make a new ending.

Well it would alienate me as an original onegai fan - and my series rating would drop quite a bit and if/when it went R1 it wouldnt get any sales from me. So ya I share your thoughts there but I keep thinking they will pull a looks bitter but turns out sweet end or something akin to it?
Mar 19, 2012 9:42 PM

Dec 2011
I hope Remon is all right. Damn her driving skills!! Hope Ichika can stay with Kaito.
Mar 19, 2012 9:46 PM

Jan 2012
sirwence said:
Ahri said:

Well it would alienate me as an original onegai fan - and my series rating would drop quite a bit and if/when it went R1 it wouldnt get any sales from me. So ya I share your thoughts there but I keep thinking they will pull a looks bitter but turns out sweet end or something akin to it?

I hope so.....I have faith in the person behind Onegai, and J.C. Staff hasn't let me down yet....Although their intentions with Zero is questionable after the latest episode....J.C. is one of my favorite anime companies, so i really hope that the ending has a nice climax, and hope the ending isn't so bittersweet.....As it's been stated before, there is a reason things are "typical", because it works. If the ending was a "Typical happy ending" then it would make this series great, the ONLY reason that surprise endings work like "Oh we just killed all the characters" is because the story was built up to that point, something like this however was just thrown at us.
Mar 19, 2012 9:46 PM
Oct 2010
Ugh, Seems like I'm alone in this, but those stunts felt completely out of place to me. Even if it isn't a realistic anime I still expect better verisimilitude...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 19, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2011
If this were Another... all of them would be dead in this episode after performing those surreal stunts

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

193 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:08 PM

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.