Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 13, 2012 9:39 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chihaya is shocked and hide herself. The teacher is going to fight against the guy who get on the betting and said he's going to win.

Taichi told them to go to the battle and he is going to be with Chihaya.

lol~ their common conversation is Arata. Taichi was able to convince her to come out. He was shocked because he thought Arata was the one who can convince her. Too shocked that he realized that he love Chihaya too much.

Chihaya realized that everyone was saying gambare to her. And the teacher won!! He told her not to forget the greeting even if she lost.

Previous queen won but not the teacher.

A guy wants to be relations with Chihaya!! Everyone said she should have deny him. Chihaya has the contact to Arata, but still cannot contact him.

Arata being very rushed about practicing karuta, and persuading his sempai to come back again.

Watching the battle of the winners.

Doing things other than karuta during the Christmas. lol @ Taichi's the only guy there. Chihaya already sees the club people as family member. And she called Arata so that she can hear his voice through the cellphone.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2012 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Arata beating up on that little kid in Karuta... lol

Well, if Taichi can't get Chihaya he's sure to get any other girl he wants.
Mar 13, 2012 11:30 AM
Sep 2011
Chihaya is so unaware of her effect on the opposite gender that she considers to go out with a random guy who complimented her on her looks. Beauty in vain, indeed.

Looks like another year is passing by without a member of the Shiranami society becoming master. But there's still Arata who just might become Master after all without facing either Chihaya or Taichi.
Mar 13, 2012 11:44 AM

May 2010
This show just loves to use Taichi as a punching bag for character development.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 13, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
I got reminded why Arata is such a wuss. He stopped playing karuta because his grandfather passed away. If he was stronger individual inside, he would have used this as a way to pay even more respect to his grandfather and continue to strive forward. But he stopped instead. He's weak and a coward. I'm glad he decided to return to karuta and i want to see him stronger. Stronger inside and firm with his decisions.

Haha, Taichi was surrounded by girls xD.
Go for it, Taichi! You gotta be rough! Love is rough!
Mar 13, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2008
I teared up when Harada came up to Hiroshi and proceeded to tear up.
I had this feeling that Arata would have been the one to play against the Meijin just to sty ahead of Chihaya; him becoming Meijin would have been an exceptional end that could have set up a second season too.

It was an enjoyable episode though, Harada is such a fucking boss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2012 12:15 PM

Feb 2012
Chihaya is gorgeous! :3 and I just loved Tachi is this one but I really don't know how to support >.< but I think it should be Tachi because he is the only one admitting the fact that he loves her xD Oh, well.. I can't wait till the next episode.
Mar 13, 2012 12:23 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was great. I laughed my ass off at the second half with Chihaya getting flustered over some random guy hitting on her and the christmas parties.
Ara ara.
Mar 13, 2012 12:46 PM

May 2010
Also, I hope they show more Shinobu!!! Shinobu >> Chihaya
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 13, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2011
My heart skipped a beat when Taichi said he was hopelessly in love, and I want the name of those two poems Kana-chan was talking about.

Chihaya is such a dork :D Why you hung up so soon?

PS: Taichi&Fangirls party, next Christmas I'm also going.
Mar 13, 2012 2:25 PM

Nov 2007
Dressed-up Chihaya was so beautiful. ;_;
Mar 13, 2012 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! PLEASE LET THE GODS OF ANIME GIVE ME A 2ND SEASON!?!??!?!?!? T______________T

AND IM STILL ROOTING FOR CHIHAYA AND TAICHI!!! T________T
Mar 13, 2012 3:04 PM
Nov 2011
Orihime and Hikoboshi. Arata and Chihaya written in the stars.
Mar 13, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
Ahhhh- no good no good, I'm pissed everytime Arata comes to Chihaya or Taichi's mind... even though he did nothing wrong! I'm rooting too much for Taichi...

Anyway, it's sad that Harada's pupil didn't win. It was heartbreaking when he stopped faking that he was okay when he saw Harada sensei :'(

And the little kid playing against Arata is way too cuteee!!!
And poor Taichi, only Kana-chan isn't clueless about his love for Chihaya! XD
Mar 13, 2012 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:

Definitely, I want her to show up again sometime before the series ends.
Mar 13, 2012 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
marchefka said:
Extremely rushed, incoherent and messy.

Hahah. None of those things. Now, if you're a shipper angry that your pairing didn't come to fruition, be truthful. Because the pacing, direction, and content of this episode was just as good as the others.
Mar 13, 2012 3:44 PM

Jul 2010
Damn feels like so much happened in this episode
Dr. Hanada saves Chihaya's hair (would've been funny to see bald Chihaya but not permanently), and how hes like oh wait wut? was win
Moving past tourney, sad but understandable we didn't see Arata at master's qualifier. Hes just taking on little kids, but I really liked seeing the kid say he will practice harder and get better (always nice knowing there is ppl in the next generation interested in stuff you like), and then masters Qualifier comes by.
I really wanted the shiranami society ace guy to win, srsly I got pissed and just got sad with him when he teared up.... damn.... I really dind't care much about Queen battle, but gj to the girl that beat Chihaya.
Finally moving on to the Christmas stuff. Seeing Chiahaya in her dress and hair styled = epic win for the 5-6 seconds it took for me to realize it was her. Desk boy enjoyed himself, while Porky and Oe-san were blah-ish about being alone. BUT, DAMN TAICHI BRO, ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO INVITE ME!?
Anyways while Taichis rolling with his schwag and stuff, Chihaya calls Arata for first time calling cell phone their brigde (From one of the romance poems) and call was short, but seems like we're rolling Chihaya x Arata.
Great episode, christ only 1 left.... GIVE ME ANOTHER SEASON PLZZZZ
MAYBE EVEN TWO ENDING SEASONS FOR SEPARATE ROMANCE ROUTES =D
Don't really care who Chiahaya ends up with... I JUST WANT MORE EPISODES
Mar 13, 2012 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
Well, not a bad episode to say the least.

Getting hit on randomly hmm...
Stark700Mar 13, 2012 4:43 PM
Mar 13, 2012 4:00 PM

Jul 2011
Aww. That was sweet.
"Hopeless... Hopelessly in love." <3
Then he got jealous when Chihaya talked about the random guy that asked her out.

Her classmates are part of interesting clubs! They seem nice.

Poor Taichi... only guy there; a little awkward? XD

Great episode and got me rooting a bit for Taichi, even though I'm an Arata fan.

Now I'm going to cry because there are 2 episodes left. T_T
Mar 13, 2012 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
EdenBaggins said:
My heart skipped a beat when Taichi said he was hopelessly in love, and I want the name of those two poems Kana-chan was talking about.

Chihaya is such a dork :D Why you hung up so soon?

I seriously had a fangirl moment at the whole "locker" scene. XD especially since it was Miyano's voice >///<

And then when Chihaya called Arata and he called her name >///<
and I liked how Kana is the only one that knows about Taichi's feelings lol poor guy

-praying for a second season in the future-
Mar 13, 2012 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
"hopeless... hopelessly in love"

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT ZOMG

am i the only one upset that chihaya called arata on christmas instead of taichi? (was inevitable, but STILL)
Mar 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
prismheart said:
Confucius said:

Definitely, I want her to show up again sometime before the series ends.

Yeah, this would be nice! After so many losses this epi they focused more on the character relationships, but that puíl of Harada-sensei did qualified to face the Meijin and Yumin qualified to face Shinobu so maybe that's how they'll put her in before the series end! And finally show the current Meijin, I guess he wasn't onscreen yet right? It'd be nice to see before the series end what kind of char he is too...
Mar 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
FUUUUUU.
We'll never get to see Arata become Master or Chihaya being the Queen...
Oh why is the world so cruel. I want season 2, but this show isn't 'that' popular over there.
Sad face!!!
Someone with a rich family background, go and invest in the studio! ...Then blackmail them to make a season 2. :P
Mar 13, 2012 6:01 PM
Dec 2007
Very unusual but at the same time quite impressive Chihayafuru episode with a faster pacing and different themes than usual. The only similarity is the overall perfection though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 13, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
OH MY GOD WHY IS TAICHI SO CUTE CAN I MARRY HIM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry guys... But seriously, I loved this episode to pieces. Taichi's "hopelessly in love" thing was like a flipping cupid's arrow to my heart. The random guy asking Chihaya out and Taichi's reaction was wonderful. I'm glad Yamamoto Yumi won, but I 99% guarantee she'll lose in the Queen match to Wakamiya Shinobu.

If Chihaya and Taichi get together they'd be an utterly GORGEOUS couple! OTP much.
Mar 13, 2012 6:31 PM

Apr 2008
They are all too sweet, offering to shave their hair in Chihaya'a place!!! Even Kana chan willing to cut her's short!!!! Looks like now all the females 'love' Harada sensei!! :P

But awww Taichi 'hopelessly in love', and good to see at least Kana chan has realised!! Conversation with Arata at the end was really cute and lol at Taichi being surrounded by girls!!! XD
Mar 13, 2012 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
I'm still rooting for Arata xD
Mar 13, 2012 8:16 PM
Oct 2010
LOL, Taichi was thinking only Arata's words could reach her but she was listening all along... I think he does have a chance after all...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 13, 2012 8:17 PM

Nov 2011
marchefka said:
Extremely rushed, incoherent and messy.

I agree. It certainly was faster paced than the usual episodes. Not a bad episode though. The content was there, even if the presentation was off. I guess it is necessary with 3(?) episodes left.

Arata beating on a little kid was amusing though.
Mar 13, 2012 8:28 PM
Aug 2011
xSimplicity said:
I'm still rooting for Arata xD

I was because I just loved the way Chihaya reached out to him when they were young.
I just hated all the kids picking on Arata.

Now though I'm rooting more for Taichi.
He almost knows Chihaya better than she knows herself.

Then there are those times where he thinks stuff like "only Arata can help her now", all in the midst of admitting to himself that he's in love with the girl takes some degree of balls and I can respect that.

Not saying that Arata can't do any of that but there hasn't been anything shown to me where I can still keep thinking that he deserves a shot with the girl.
Even if I had thought they were perfect and adorable together when they were young.

Idk how I got so invested in this and now everybody is frustrating the hell out of me.
I have a feeling it's not going to go the way I was hoping and i'm scared of the next two episodes.
:s

Enough of that..other things I liked:
-Arata scaring that kid and making him scream while playing.
-Harada sensei's overall awesomeness.
-Hiroshi crying in front of Harada sensei.
-Sudo.
-Sudo demanding Chihaya baldness.
Mar 13, 2012 8:45 PM

May 2008
omg I CRIED when Harada came up to Hiroshi. Most touching moment ever.
Mar 13, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
This show is beautiful.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Mar 13, 2012 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
bakuramariks said:
I got reminded why Arata is such a wuss. He stopped playing karuta because his grandfather passed away. If he was stronger individual inside, he would have used this as a way to pay even more respect to his grandfather and continue to strive forward. But he stopped instead. He's weak and a coward. I'm glad he decided to return to karuta and i want to see him stronger. Stronger inside and firm with his decisions.

He stopped playing, because he felt responsible for his grandfather's death. Big difference then what your trying to bash him with. Plus let's not forget he IS a teenager and not a grown adult like you seem to think he is...
Mar 13, 2012 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Beautiful episode. I teared up when Hiroshi started to cry and was clinging to Harda-sensei. It was such a touching scene.

I am more in love with Taichi and I really hope there is a chance for him to be with Chihaya. I am actually pretty sure he has a chance but how big this chance is, I cannot tell.

I like Arata too and I think he is cute but I want Taichi for Chihaya.
Mar 13, 2012 10:21 PM
Apr 2010
Confucius said:
This

Also, with 2 more eps, I don't see this series finishing up... tidy, per say. I just don't think it'll be good. Either they will a)have a 2nd season (OMG PLEASE HAVE ONE MORE!) or b) as usual, rush like a madman on crack. I'm thinking the latter to be honest.
Mar 13, 2012 10:37 PM

Jan 2008
Chihaya was even more cute in this episode, not only in her looks, but also from her quick conversation over the phone with Arata.

Also...I hope Sudo holds up his end of the deal with their bet, since Dr. Haruda is part of their karuta society.
Mar 13, 2012 11:39 PM

Apr 2009
Taichiiiiiiii ;___;
Mar 14, 2012 12:37 AM

Nov 2009
Taichiii <3

I love it when he finally admits his love for Chihaya.
And when he commits to go school with Chihaya to ward off guys from outside. LOL

When chihaya pick up her phone to make a call, somehow, i was hoping that she's going to call Taichi to save him from the girls.
But oh well, everyone knows she's going to call Arata anyway...
Mar 14, 2012 2:49 AM

Mar 2010
Really sweet episode~
Taichi's cute but stoic personality gets to me once again;w;♥♥
I never really enjoyed Arata, but he's been getting cute towards the end as well~~

Mar 14, 2012 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
nicompoops rofl
I hope chihaya doesn't end up with any of them. Or if she does that they aren't bothered by it. A last episode with everyone friendly and smiling would be the best
Mar 14, 2012 3:41 AM
Dec 2010
keeetz said:
Orihime and Hikoboshi. Arata and Chihaya written in the stars.

indeed arata and chihaya is like the husband and wife Orihime and Hikoboshi in Tanabata in Japanese star festival. It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar.
Mar 14, 2012 5:12 AM

May 2009
This episode was so good! Poor Taichi, and the way Kana incorporates the poem into his current situation was ingenious!

I'm loving this series more with each passing week, and ah, only two weeks left. :(
Mar 14, 2012 6:12 AM
Mar 2011
so 2 epis left, ummm no more karuta tournaments other than watching the master and queen competition?

great epi by the way, need a season 2
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 14, 2012 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
superman89 said:
bakuramariks said:

He stopped playing, because he felt responsible for his grandfather's death. Big difference then what your trying to bash him with. Plus let's not forget he IS a teenager and not a grown adult like you seem to think he is...

A stonger individual wouldn't have stopped playing even if he thought he was responsible. He would have used those feelings push him forward in the name of his beloved grandfather instead of stopping him. It doesn't matter he's a teenager. There are other teenagers in the anime and they made decisions to move forward and better themselves in karuta no matter what they are going through.
Mar 14, 2012 7:32 AM
Mar 2012
pilipino101 said:
Confucius said:
This
I agree.
At least every second episode makes me feel sorry for the poor guy.

It's really a shame this one doesn't get the attention it deserves. And a second season.
Mar 14, 2012 8:04 AM
Nov 2011
bakuramariks said:
superman89 said:
bakuramariks said:

A stonger individual wouldn't have stopped playing even if he thought he was responsible. He would have used those feelings push him forward in the name of his beloved grandfather instead of stopping him. It doesn't matter he's a teenager. There are other teenagers in the anime and they made decisions to move forward and better themselves in karuta no matter what they are going through.

You make it sound so easy.
Mar 14, 2012 8:54 AM

May 2010
Good episode despite the faster pacing.

2 eps left.
Mar 14, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode a lot and I liked the pacing, having only 2 episodes left it's good to get the most out of the story!

and Team Taichi! <3 he is so adorable, but c'mon grow some balls!! I can't believe Chihaya got asked out for the first time by someone else other than Taichi or Arata...I just...there's no way....I guess he is afraid of rejection because she is clearly into Arata, but he should still try! I keep hoping he steals a kiss from her!

2 left...
Mar 14, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
Taichi is so adorable :3
I need more Sudou,one of the cutest sadists xDD
Harada-sensei = intelligent bear :DDD
Where's 2nd season announcement???!!!
Mar 14, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
hope chihaya will notice taichi
anyhow i felt sorry for chihaya for losing :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2012

233 by Akaei__ »»
Jun 21, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2012

163 by Doc101 »»
Jun 11, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.