Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2008 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aug 8, 2008 8:37 PM

Dec 2007
i really feel for sheryl after that....i'm on her side now.
and don't bash me here: i think Ranka singing at the cockpit is the most uncool thing ive ever seen

.....and mao? is that you??WTF!!!!

Is it me or do you all think that the ending will be something like this: Ranka and Sheryl die, Alto left alone to reconcile with his family.
After all, that guy doesn't deserve any of them, maybe loosing both people he loves can change over his annoying character.
Michel + Klan = OTP

And sheryl in Alto's house! whoa here! *gotta stop thinking about perverted things*

sorry for my lack-of-deep-thought rant here.

Aug 8, 2008 9:50 PM

Sep 2007
I was quite surprised at the cameo of Mao there from Zero. Too bad Brera saved Alto's ass again.

The OP was pretty damn good. Sheryl looked pretty hot in it.
Aug 8, 2008 10:42 PM

Oct 2007
Sheryl's dress is amazing, she was also really tightly holding onto her hopes and dreams

NSFW?
Aug 8, 2008 11:17 PM

Jul 2008
I AM REALLY PISSED AT GRACE! I want this character dead by the end of the anime or before. I am sorry people but REALITY CHECK: you do not take a person under you care from the streets just to experiment, use them, discard them and leave them to die. SCREW YOU GRACE O'CONNOR! Sheryl will be back if anyone is smart it's Alto and he will know what to do with her to beat all the bad guys. I really don't like this idea of long-range fold transport cause it may have a effect on the Vajras or eggs inside the space ship. No one noticed that they started to react right after the transportation!? Someone please invent new weapons for YF-25s cause they suck now in battle unless they all get the quantum beam cannon. You know if all think here they can at this stage duplicate the fold cannon and miniaturize it into one for the Valkyries. I really feel bad for Sheryl and also WTH is wrong with everyone, no one seemed to care that she was suffering on the street. That's really bad and even happens in our society. Being selfish makes one no better than scum! Anyone know about "OPERATION FAIRY HORN" and its implication? Yeah Ranka looked definitely like Lynn Min Mai in this sequence. Isn't that Mao doctor dead? If she is from Macross Zero than she would be really old now and is Grace human in this time when she was with Mao? I don't like the way Luca is being treated. Would be cool if he betrayed those ass*****! LOL yeah that would be good! I wonder if all this is to destroy the colony from the inside, I mean we can assume that is what caused the Galaxy to be killed off. I REALLY DON'T LIKE THE DARK PLOT GOING ON! Sounds like all humans are to be hosts for Vajras, Ranka also exhibited some weird internal reaction just like before plus it looks like a Fold Quartz crystal...WTH and WTF????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 8, 2008 11:20 PM

Jul 2008
I think the new OP is wayyyy toooo flashy and colourfull. THE BEST IS STILL #17 AND #1 TILL IT GOT STOPPED.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 9, 2008 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
Interesting wonder whats gonna happen to Sheryl(die or live...), dunno but this may have been enough to make me a Sheryl fan kinda... Looking forward to the next episode and maybe some more answers....
Aug 9, 2008 12:57 AM

Jan 2008
New OP is nice and Sheryl is screwed...as well as Alto whose brother got ahead of him :P Main plot seems to progress steadily. As always, anxiously waiting for next episode.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Aug 9, 2008 1:34 AM

Aug 2007
sheryl is gonna die...? T_T and i wanted her to be a pilot and join in the fight...
Aug 9, 2008 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
Sirione said:
sheryl is gonna die...? T_T and i wanted her to be a pilot and join in the fight...
There is no freaking way. Alto is going to help her. Who's fault do you think it is anyways? Grace's since she is the one who planned all the BS on the planet where the 33th Marines of the Zeltadi got killed and also where that creature with type V infection was. If anything Grace should die ASAP!
Aug 9, 2008 12:01 PM
May 2008

was that a towel? I thought it was a piece of clothing bobby was fighting over.

if grace dies the only antagonist left is the guy with the lame haircut, chill out fanboy.
id rather have a cute girl villain, otherwise it'd degrade into some ozma/leon/kathy triangle .

I don't know when Sheryl got her implants, but I'm looking and I'm liking.
Aug 9, 2008 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
hatebobbarker said:
was that a towel? I thought it was a piece of clothing bobby was fighting over..

Haha, same. I was under the impression it was a shirt or something. It figures Bobby would be fighting over something like that with someone though.

All-in-all this episode was pretty damn good. The new OP is absolutely fantastic, the animation is something else. Sheryl is essentially being set up to die, which could likely lead to the death of Ranka and her never ending selflessness. However, when you toss Mao, Grace and Ranshe into the roles people who initially prevented the virus, who the hell knows what'll happen.

I'm not sold on the idea of both Ranka and Sheryl dying either, while I can see Alto reconciling with his family in one form or another, I'd still prefer to convince myself that they can't both die. Anyway, I can't wait for next week, this is only getting better, easily one of my favorite episodes to date.

Oh, and Angel please use paragraphs. Walls of text are not fun at all to read.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Aug 9, 2008 5:32 PM

Dec 2007
epic OP is epic

I'm getting the feeling that Frontier is heading into the final stretch
can't wait!
Aug 9, 2008 6:01 PM

Jul 2008
hatebobbarker said:

was that a towel? I thought it was a piece of clothing bobby was fighting over.

if grace dies the only antagonist left is the guy with the lame haircut, chill out fanboy.
id rather have a cute girl villain, otherwise it'd degrade into some ozma/leon/kathy triangle .

I don't know when Sheryl got her implants, but I'm looking and I'm liking.

Implants? I saw her being treated in a machine that is used for cyborgs but why would they implant her with devices when she was given receptor blocking medicine? The only reason would be to experiment on her but then it goes back to what I said earlier: using a human as means to an end is = to you being trash in my book.
Aug 9, 2008 6:08 PM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
Implants? I saw her being treated in a machine that is used for cyborgs but why would they implant her with devices when she was given receptor blocking medicine? The only reason would be to experiment on her but then it goes back to what I said earlier: using a human as means to an end is = to you being trash in my book.

This may help answer your question:

Westlo said:
Sheryl's dress is amazing, she was also really tightly holding onto her hopes and dreams

NSFW?

I wanna know when she got those too :( Possibly around the same time as Kallen from CGR2. Maybe they got them together.

Aug 9, 2008 6:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
sheryl is really pitiful now...that's what I call tragic end...

this episode was really epic.

I am wondering, Zerg vs. Vajra, who will win? (my guess is the Zerg, as they will assimilate the Vajra to make them serve the Queen)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 9, 2008 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
Not a big fan of the into.

As for the episode, it was good. I'm a Sheryl fan so it was kind of a "well damn" type of episode, but I think the series is setting Ranka up for a major fall.
Aug 9, 2008 11:26 PM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
I was quite surprised at the cameo of Mao there from Zero. Too bad Brera saved Alto's ass again.

The OP was pretty damn good. Sheryl looked pretty hot in it.

Yeah I'm seriously getting tired of seeing him save Alto, can't wait to see Alto repay the favor...

Pretty crazy episode, Grace really became the villian in this one if she wasn't enough already, lol. Pretty weird cliffhanger too.
Aug 10, 2008 3:31 AM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:
angel999 said:

Westlo said:

NSFW?

I wanna know when she got those too :( Possibly around the same time as Kallen from CGR2. Maybe they got them together.

That still does not explain anything. As far as I know Sheryl was definitely used and had no other motive from that piece of **** Grace other than experiments.
Aug 10, 2008 10:01 AM
May 2008
angel999 said:
Bakayaro said:
angel999 said:

Westlo said:

NSFW?

That still does not explain anything. As far as I know Sheryl was definitely used and had no other motive from that piece of **** Grace other than experiments.

BREAST IMPLANTS!
Aug 10, 2008 11:56 AM

Jul 2008
hatebobbarker said:
angel999 said:
Bakayaro said:
angel999 said:

Westlo said:

NSFW?

BREAST IMPLANTS!

So that was the gimmick. Are you all saying that her breast implants might be somewhat the cause of her illness? Personally I don't think Sheryl needs any of those, I mean natural is better in the end. There is one point though, implants no matter how they are looked always can have complication even through another disease.

I watched this a second time and cannot still find or even suppose how is it that Sheryl caught that infection other than during the episode of Ranka and Alto filming Macross Zero movie when that beast came but I think the critical thing was when Grace replaced that single blood sample with another. The implants just may have complicated things.
Aug 10, 2008 12:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sheryl may have caught the virus when she was in the slums...think of the virus as a clear reference and figurative metaphor of HIV virus. It seemed the infection was never really cured, despite the implication of Mao Nome in the research....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2008 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
So that was the gimmick. Are you all saying that her breast implants might be somewhat the cause of her illness? Personally I don't think Sheryl needs any of those, I mean natural is better in the end. There is one point though, implants no matter how they are looked always can have complication even through another disease.

No, all we're doing is commenting on how her tits became massive. This has nothing to do with the story, her tits are just huge now. Especially in the OP. Forget plot, forget any of that. Sheryl's tits are huge~.

angel999 said:
I watched this a second time and cannot still find or even suppose how is it that Sheryl caught that infection other than during the episode of Ranka and Alto filming Macross Zero movie when that beast came but I think the critical thing was when Grace replaced that single blood sample with another. The implants just may have complicated things.

If Sheryl didn't receive the infection from the ghetto/slums like Wakka stated, my theory is she was explicitly given the infection by Grace, due to the fact she had knowledge of the virus. At no point was it stated when the virus was given to her, so it's possible after the research ended or somesuch, Grace went off and started her own plans for world domination. Plan: Make a girl from the ghetto into a ticking time bomb of her own death, cause her to gain fame, then shatter all her dreams. Or she actually could be a living test subject for it. Who knows.

Aug 10, 2008 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
What the HELL happened to the animation of this episode? It was complete shit, low fps, everyone looked different, even the coloring was wrong. Did the company lose its budget or what?! I almost stopped watching the episode just because of the animation.

On the bright side, I enjoyed the plot. Intro was nifty too.
Aug 11, 2008 6:35 AM

Nov 2007
awesome ep o.o
Aug 11, 2008 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:
angel999 said:

No, all we're doing is commenting on how her tits became massive. This has nothing to do with the story, her tits are just huge now. Especially in the OP. Forget plot, forget any of that. Sheryl's tits are huge~.

angel999 said:

If Sheryl didn't receive the infection from the ghetto/slums like Wakka stated, my theory is she was explicitly given the infection by Grace, due to the fact she had knowledge of the virus. At no point was it stated when the virus was given to her, so it's possible after the research ended or somesuch, Grace went off and started her own plans for world domination. Plan: Make a girl from the ghetto into a ticking time bomb of her own death, cause her to gain fame, then shatter all her dreams. Or she actually could be a living test subject for it. Who knows.

I agree but I do thing as for Grace's true intention...they are most certainly yet to be revealed at the very least in more details.
Aug 11, 2008 7:34 AM

Jul 2008
chryseis said:
What the HELL happened to the animation of this episode? It was complete shit, low fps, everyone looked different, even the coloring was wrong. Did the company lose its budget or what?! I almost stopped watching the episode just because of the animation.

On the bright side, I enjoyed the plot. Intro was nifty too.

I never noticed any of that????? O_o
Aug 11, 2008 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
The OP was pretty good but i prefer the ED since only May'n sings :)

This episode made me realise how much i hate Grace!!!
Those glasses annoy me!

My rating of Ranka keeps dropping
Aug 11, 2008 11:03 AM
Jun 2007
I really liked the new OP. a tad too flashy, but without being spoilerific. Though its still nowhere near as good as Triangler.

<--------Maaya Sakamoto Fanboy =P

as for the episode itself, I thought it was very good, considering that some of the previous ones were subpar. More Klan X Michael is always good since I always find myself laughing (sometimes laughing way too loud) when they're in the same room.

Next episode should be a damn good one just because Sheryl will be wearing a kimono. :D
Aug 11, 2008 2:50 PM
Dec 2007
The new OP is really good but I'm still amazed at this second ED, it's SO fantastic. One of the best I've ever seen honestly.

The episode itself was really good too, Sheryll made a big impact on the show in the first part, with her past and emotions revealed, and then we have yet another battle in space and then a giant fold. I wish the fold part would have been described better, with the loss of identity and place that the inhabitants of Frontier must feel etc... but I guess this theme is too SF for Macross which is more or less an entertaining action/romance show with a plot that is far more developped than its characters' feelings and thoughts. Which is not bad actually as the show works very well like that !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 11, 2008 3:01 PM

Jun 2008
The opening was great, Sheryl looked awesome once again. the animation and the song was nice. that grace needs to die in some horrible way she is getting on my nerves now. she needs to crash and die. i felt so sorry for Sheryl, her career is falling apart and now she is going to die that's just sad. i knew something like loosing all her fame would happen butr damn i wish i was wrong. i liked how she refused to give up and said she could still do it because she is sheryl.
Aug 12, 2008 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
KCT said:
The OP was pretty good but i prefer the ED since only May'n sings :)

This episode made me realise how much i hate Grace!!!
Those glasses annoy me!

My rating of Ranka keeps dropping

Alright then let's Allie and kill Grace. You can smash her glasses! I really think we have to kill her. GRACE MUST DIE AND I KNOW YOU AGREE. So Alliance!
Aug 12, 2008 7:39 AM

Oct 2007
Lets Go!!!!
She deserves to die like nina in code geass. Shes on par with her
Aug 12, 2008 11:25 AM
May 2008
KCT said:
Lets Go!!!!
She deserves to die like nina in code geass. Shes on par with her

people don't like Nina because she's annoying and useless and until now, irrelevant to the plot.
People don't like Grace because shes a great villian, cant wait for more of her.
Aug 12, 2008 3:12 PM

Sep 2007
new op = made of win.

awesome episode, as always. the macross main cannon was epic, can't wait for ep 19.
Aug 13, 2008 2:02 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, the new opening is excellent too. I hope Sheryl will be in better condition in the next episodes.
Aug 17, 2008 7:00 PM

Apr 2008
I don't like the new intro...

hmmm....What Westlo said made me go rofl.

Westlo said:

And...Who Knew that Sheryl was going to die?
o wait...i did!

Oct 30, 2008 6:16 AM

Feb 2008
New OP is fucking amazing.

Things aren't looking too great for Sheryl. Hope she doesn't die, but I still hope Ranka is the one who Alto chooses at the end.

Overall, good episode.
Jan 30, 2009 11:48 AM

Jun 2008
The show reminds me of Battlestar Galactica. The fact that it's a fleet trying to find a habitable planet, a new home, while getting chased by another race.
Jan 31, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
Also, the OP is fucking incredible.
Jun 18, 2009 9:37 PM

Jan 2008
Ahh poor Sheryl, really hope she doesn't die D:
Sep 16, 2009 3:40 PM

Apr 2008
Tragedy. Grace is a complete jerk and I really want to know what's going on (isn't the pretty purple haired lady just some used body?). There are lots of things I can't remember.

I'm a bit torn about liking Ranka. She's nice, but being exploited, while Sheryl just got thrown out. Her safety can't be assured either.

The Vajra are getting annoying too.
Dec 15, 2009 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
Sweat ep. Sad to see Sheryl completely discarded like that.
Maybe this will solidify the Alto x Sheryl angle?

Apr 29, 2010 10:13 PM
Feb 2009
yea freak Sheryl definitely got raped there
Jun 14, 2010 1:36 AM

Dec 2009
Awesome new op . fits the show better than the first one .

I hope Sheryl's gonna die ... I don't hate her but i want to see Alto deciding between she and Ranka this century ..
Jul 18, 2010 3:33 PM

Dec 2009
Is Sheryl dying? It can't be so!
For last several episodes I like her more and more. Ranka? Less and less. But what Alto think about it?
Nov 27, 2010 10:01 PM

Nov 2009
ok ive haaaateddd sheryl up until now but i kind of feel bad for her. a little bit. i still want alto to end up with ranka in the end because at least she isnt a pretencious coniving bitch like sheryl. when grace told her she was gonna die i was like fuck yea, most useful thing grace has said in 18 episodes. ozma and kathy are totally getting it on again anyway so i dont really think theres reaso to care about triangle head and kathy anymore.

and just for the record. klan is the best character in this show. the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2011 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
I don’t even like Sheryl but it must’ve suck for her to have a disease.
Dec 1, 2011 8:10 AM

Aug 2010
Im really sad for Sheryl now... Is she really dying!?!
Dec 12, 2011 8:39 AM

Jun 2008
Bakayaro said:
angel999 said:

they didn't become huge at all. They are the same. Just because she wore a tight corset style dress doesn't mean they are bigger. You people should learn the difference of perspective. Have you people never seen how real women's breast seem bigger or smaller depending on the pose and what they wear?

Anyway i find the new a major improvement from the last one. Btw if those are Sheryl's and Ranka's voice actors in the op then Ranka's voice actor got her ass beat.

Anyway the world is crumpling on poor Sheryl's head it seems. Deadly sickness and career going downhill. Let's see if there is a way for a cure to be found. Maybe threw the Varjas.
So Sheryl was an abandoned kid in the streets? Hmm...What happened to her parents and what exactly was Grace trying to do by initially helping her and now throwing her away to die?
I just don't get what exactly was it that she got out of using her for so long? Was she just testing that medicine?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Sep 25, 2008

266 by lkevsan »»
Aug 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Apr 24, 2008

61 by ManuelFragment »»
May 6, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by removed-user »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.