Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 9, 2010 11:33 AM
Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
happy birtyday Sion ^_^

lol must watch next episode for more info.there is a small leak of Sion vs ryner =P

i am disappointed that my iris Eris is not in this episode

MorningGloryDec 9, 2010 8:08 PM
Dec 9, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
Ahhh, it's impossible to post nowadays =3=
Ryner, was eating dango! Made by Ferris as well, but oh well.
So anyway, I have like no memory at all of most of the events in this episode, but that might just be my memory that fails me.
Also, Ceui's song Energy beginning to play after the fireworks <3
Can't say I'm not pumped up for the next episode btw, do want, now.
Lastly, I find it funny how whatever they've written every now and then isn't just some nonsense writing. (The cake and fireworks reading 'Happy Birthday', Sion's signature a bunch of episodes back reading 'Astal', the stone sign in episode 2 reading 'Warning', etc.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 9, 2010 12:44 PM
Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Ahhh, it's impossible to post nowadays =3=
Mal is dying,I need to click more than 5 times get to see your message !!!!!

Oosran said:
Also, Ceui's song Energy beginning to play after the fireworks <3

Great song !!!
MorningGloryDec 9, 2010 8:08 PM
Dec 10, 2010 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
Yes :D truly it was brilliant episode. So nice ^^
Dec 10, 2010 12:04 PM
Jun 2010
this episode felt like a filler, well, apart from the very end.

also it finally seems like sion has turned on ryner, i hope the next episode gets back to how amazing this anime has been lately, because apart from the ferris bit with ryner, and the very end of this episode, i didnt enjoy this episode at all.
Dec 10, 2010 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
Did not like this episode... Way too jumpy and random.
Dec 10, 2010 12:27 PM

Jul 2008
minatojs said:
this episode felt like a filler, well, apart from the very end.

also it finally seems like sion has turned on ryner, i hope the next episode gets back to how amazing this anime has been lately, because apart from the ferris bit with ryner, and the very end of this episode, i didnt enjoy this episode at all.

QFT My thoughts exactly.
Dec 10, 2010 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
Much better episode this week, with equal parts of humor, sweetness, plot and an epic cliffhanger. I wish that the entire series had been like this.
Dec 10, 2010 1:01 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty laid back episode except for the last 20 seconds.
It seems Sion was planning on fighting Ryner after all.
And what happened to Kiefer and Gastark i thought they started there attack on the middle continent.
Guess that will be answered in next episode.

Ferris chan was so funny this episode with her dango obsession and her acting at the start.
Dec 10, 2010 1:04 PM

Sep 2009
so...next episode is the last one.

happy birthday, you grifith bastard. I hope Ryner plants his boot in your face

I sure hope it will have a second season, considering episode 24 is the last one.

also....when sion awaited Ryner in the rain next to the carriage while that song was playing in the bg....DAT moment was totally gay!
InariusDec 10, 2010 1:12 PM
Dec 10, 2010 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
wow way to beat around the bush it felt like a waste of a ep to me kinda annoyed me... where was the what happend last time and aint this anime soon to be over they got alot of questions unanswered looks like the end might be rushed and unfulfilling
Dec 10, 2010 1:58 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode o/
Dec 10, 2010 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
wth soldiers pop out of the ground like they were zombies or something. Anyway next episode looks good.
Dec 10, 2010 3:07 PM

May 2007
Inarius said:

I sure hope it will have a second season, considering episode 24 is the last one.

also....when sion awaited Ryner in the rain next to the carriage while that song was playing in the bg....DAT moment was totally gay!

No? This anime has 26 episode if i remember right so still 3 more to go.
Dec 10, 2010 3:08 PM

May 2007
Inarius said:

no? This anime has 26 episodes so 3 more to go
Dec 10, 2010 3:24 PM

Nov 2010
Good episode, a nice mix of everything.

Except for last 20 seconds, which left me in state VERY simplified as: AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH. I won't go into details.

Oh how I LOVE AND HATE cliffhangers like that XD

There must be a season 2, still many questions are unanswered. And... cutting ep from 26 to 24... I have a feeling it will be either rushed to show everything in 25 minutes or they'll put a BIIIIIIIG cliffhanger.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Dec 10, 2010 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was nice. I enjoyed the beginning. It was fun and sweet stuff.

But when the fireworks came and that song played. I just became sad. As if it was signaling something bad was approaching. =(

B-B-But I liked the Sion/Ryner interaction again =D before the end =(

Yay~ the anime managed to turn me onto Ryner/Sion before the inevitable, heh.

And that rain scene <3 When Sion went to pick up Ryner in the carriage the lyrics went something like "Kimi wo Aishiteru", which means something like "You're the one I love", and kept repeating that. Now I'm like "what??". And I'm suspecting, not that I already wasn't, their relationship more. Sion/Ryner that is. lol

Thanks a lot anime staff!

But, I also like Ferris/Ryner. (even if it took a while for me to appreciate)
Dec 10, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
SoFarGone said:
wth soldiers pop out of the ground like they were zombies or something. Anyway next episode looks good.

They appeared in an episode a while back. They are human experiments with forbidden magic that Sion has secretly approved of to happen in Roland. I think it was a scene with Gastark's king that talks about it a while back and there was an episode when the taboo breaker squad ran into one of the human experiments. Although that one was unique, compared to the others that Sion has mass-produced to make his own army.

The ending was so EPIC XD I want MOAR
It's good to see that Sion has finally decided to show his true colors because the good guy playing bad guy act one episode then bad guy playing good guy the next was getting super annoying.
Dec 10, 2010 4:25 PM
Jan 2009
edeswen said:
Good episode o/

Dec 10, 2010 4:45 PM

Jun 2010
rutix said:
Inarius said:

MAL as well as animecalendar.net say next week is the last week, 24 episode season.

The start of the episode threw me off, I thought something was wrong with everything. Everyone suddenly being happy, celebrating that bastard king's birthday. Then we get to the end with Sion and Ryner exchanging blows, that was a true hell yeah moment.

This has been a good series to follow through the summer and autumn season, hope the ending is something memorable to hold up to the expectations I've held these past months. I hope it'll get a second season, but I'm not sure how it's popularity standing is in Japan, and if they plan to go further, following the LN. I hope they do.
Dec 10, 2010 5:06 PM

Sep 2009
rutix said:

ANN has it listed with 24 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11250
Anime Calendar has it listed with 24 http://animecalendar.net/show/357/The_Legend_of_the_Legendary_Heroes
TSW again with 24 episodes http://www.thesubwire.com/The_Legend_Of_Legendary_Heroes_%28Anime_TV%29
AniDB again with 24 episodes http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7315

Next episode really is the last. MAL just did a bubu (which apparently is fixed now)
InariusDec 10, 2010 5:10 PM
Dec 10, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2010
Cool fight scene (or at least a glimpse of a fight scene).
Dec 10, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
Ceui's song Energy beginning to play after the fireworks <3
♥♥

I though the entire episode would be a filler but oh wow O.O....the last few minutes where quiet adrenaline-ish.
Ryner pushing Sion down on the bed and now the carriage scene. Truly SionXRyner♥

why? why is episode 24 the last? what the hell will fit in a 24 min episode? This is just plain sad T_T
Dec 10, 2010 6:35 PM

Nov 2009
what was the point of this ep?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2010 7:57 PM

Jan 2010
I demand a second season immediately!
GAH!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2010 8:18 PM

Jun 2010
aelove said:

It showed pretty much was Sion or Ryner wanted, and ended with the reality it could never be, and that their conflict is inevitable (as shown by the fight at the end).

At least that's how I took it.
Dec 10, 2010 8:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
RUSHED!!! They adapted the "sidestories" arc along this time lol. This was more befitting of material for an OVA.... NOT the episode before the LAST one. Seriously Zexcs, WTF?

The episode itself was pretty good though. Insert song was nice.....I would understand more if we had 3 more episodes instead, not one.

Now the question is: will they screw with the ending? NOT another Chrome Shelled Regios please. At this point, the chances of a second season is...unknown factor ?????
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 10, 2010 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
aelove said:

Well, I think of it as Sion's conflict within himself. He wants to have a peaceful kingdom, but most people would find Ryner as a disturbance to the balance of the peace. So its inevitable that Sion has to take it into his own hands to kill Ryner for the sake of a long bearing dream that might not even come true. I would explain more but i would probably spoil it from the info in the light novel >.<.
Dec 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
Matheine said:
I demand a second season immediately!
GAH!

YES!

Wow... so ONE MORE EPISODE?! I wasn't prepared for this... I thought at least 3 more.... >_>;;;

I truly enjoyed this episode. It shows how Sion is loved; he really has changed the kingdom.... even though he's kinda a wack-job(a little... :/ ).

I ALWAYS love Ryner x Sion interaction... bromance ftw.

The fireworks were magical, and I appreciated a more low-key, light-hearted ep before the big bang. The calm before the storm....

... I can't figure out how this will end... but I anxiously await next week.
Dec 10, 2010 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
Means, there will be an S2. Good for all of us. The episode was brilliant from the hanabi scene and the background song by Ceui. The first half was okayish though.

If it pulls something great in the next episode and seriously promises an S2, this is getting a 10/10 from me!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 11, 2010 1:33 AM

Sep 2010
definitely needs a second season -.-
Dec 11, 2010 1:59 AM

Feb 2010
Sartaj said:
This has been a good series to follow through the summer and autumn season, hope the ending is something memorable to hold up to the expectations I've held these past months. I hope it'll get a second season, but I'm not sure how it's popularity standing is in Japan, and if they plan to go further, following the LN. I hope they do.

Since the original DenYuDen is entirely covered by the anime, chances are they will eventually animate Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, the sequel novels. There are a lot of novels for DaiDenyuden, so I'd say it's popular enough (I hope).
Ku ku ku~
Dec 11, 2010 2:06 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah, this is before last episode. Felt quite good, though I want the series to continue.
Dec 11, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
lol din't expec this kind of ep so one final ep left.
Dec 11, 2010 3:59 AM

Jul 2010
OMG nooooo, Sion and Ryner were doing so good and now this? o.O Nooooo, I don't want them to fight! I really hope for a second season but a happy ending (with at least Ryner being alive) would be nice too :(

Loved the song <3
Dec 11, 2010 4:22 AM

Sep 2009
well like they said....they animated the fist novel DnYnD

they are already in deep in the last volume 11 with this episode, and the next one will complete the novel.

I think the chances of us getting a sequel are not so high atm, since the sequel is still ongoing at vol 8
Dec 11, 2010 4:41 AM

Sep 2009
-Vid said:
Gah. I really thougt this was 26 episodes long. Damn you MAL. Now you made this episode even more crappy for me.

Well, what to say? It was like a filler, except the end of course. Seriously, the end is drawing near, no real questions have been answered.. and they do this? Sure it was sweet and everything... but ble. No thanks. :/ If the final episodes won't have answers to everything and just end with a fight and some happy (or not so happy end)... ble!! big disappointment :(

actually there's nothing to be disappointed about, as what you see in the anime is what you get in the novel DnYnD.

DnYnD ends the same way as the anime, leaving a crapload of questions unanswered. Its sequel DaiDenYuDen answers those questions.

Think of DnYnD as the recap of DaiDenYuDen, and it makes sense.

Now DaiDenYuDen is only at vol 8....after it's complete, weather it get's an anime or not is unknown.
Dec 11, 2010 6:22 AM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but here goes nothing.

Coronavirus.
Dec 11, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2009
well i like the ep , and as far Sion vs Ryner i knew about it all along coz it wasn't hard to guess .... and i know the reason why they r fighting ^^
anyway i think there should be a 2nd season coz its practically impossible to put all explanations in 24th ep ..... i hope 4 the best , that's all :)
Gabriel

Dec 11, 2010 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Inarius said:

I agree with this post.

I also hope for a second season. There just so many unanswered questions that I doubt they'll answer next episode.
Dec 11, 2010 8:22 AM

Oct 2007
I LOLed(in a bad way)

LOL Heros has failed!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 11, 2010 8:55 AM
Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
MorningGlory said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but here goes nothing.

not enough ..

Inarius said:

when sion awaited Ryner in the rain next to the carriage while that song was playing in the bg....DAT moment was totally gay!
its brolove not BL love ><
This is more similar to rainbow...
MorningGloryDec 11, 2010 9:13 AM
Dec 11, 2010 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I like that scene were Ryner and Ferris joke about being lovey dovey and all.

Overall, pretty average and confusing episode. I hope they end this well enough and a 2nd season which pretty much doubtful.
Dec 11, 2010 10:33 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, this episode kind of threw me off with its light heartedness. Even that creepy blue haired guy was a bit less grumpy. I wonder how this anime will wrap up. I still expect a war but perhaps a season 2 (hopefully not... I prefer a closing anime).
Dec 11, 2010 10:52 AM

Feb 2009
Why the hell did the episode count change to 24? That means this episode was pretty pointless. I understand this episode if the show was 26 but 24? So what, rushed open ending with no possible hopes for second season. I'm tempted to lower my score for this show even further with what happened here. I skipped most of the episode since it felt pointless. Last seconds before ED song was wtf. I had high hopes for this show but now, not so much.
Good thing I didn't watch Regios yet. I was planning to but everyone is saying that it ended openly and this show is heading the same way. Thanks for the heads-up there.
On to the rushed final episode.
Dec 11, 2010 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
edeswen said:
Good episode o/

Don't count your horses yet, let's not forget that Ferris is starting to have feelings for Ryner. Don't forget that Ferris promises that she's the only one who's allowed to kill Ryner and she'll probably turn against Sion if that fag decides to kill Ryner himself.
yeo
Dec 11, 2010 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
So, it seems that it was Sion who is the main villain of this anime.
yeo
Dec 11, 2010 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
Why the hell did the episode count change to 24? That means this episode was pretty pointless. I understand this episode if the show was 26 but 24? So what, rushed open ending with no possible hopes for second season. I'm tempted to lower my score for this show even further with what happened here. I skipped most of the episode since it felt pointless. Last seconds before ED song was wtf. I had high hopes for this show but now, not so much.
Good thing I didn't watch Regios yet. I was planning to but everyone is saying that it ended openly and this show is heading the same way. Thanks for the heads-up there.
On to the rushed final episode.
If you read the novels you would know that this conclusion is following the way the novels ended. Meaning there is more to the story and it will most likely be in a second season if this one does well which I believe it will
Dec 11, 2010 1:09 PM

Nov 2007
I dont think DaiDenYuushaDen will be finished anytime before the end of next year. So it is highly unlikely to see an anime adaptation of the sequel anytime soon. 2012? Probably. The first light novel took 4 and a half years to be completed. The current sequel is just over 3 years old. So, mathematically assuming same release speed of each volume to continue, (which is as of now, indeed the case) and same number of volumes for the sequel, I can assume it will take more than a year to be actually completed. I would rather see an anime adaptation then. Things might pace up a bit if they start making the sequel right away, forcing the author to rush and finish the novel with the anime sequel, which is another possibility.

Anyways, apart from DenYuuDen, the author's ongoing horror/seinen manga about Vampires, Demons and Supernatural Beings Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi has been given a green light for an anime adaptation. I will surely be looking forward to check that out!
shanimebibDec 11, 2010 1:14 PM
Coronavirus.
Dec 11, 2010 3:16 PM

Jun 2010
Disappointed that the anime will be 24 episodes. Such a pointless episode, this was.
I did not liked much of the light atmosphere - Especially when episode 22 was much, much different and brought up many questions. I do not think we will get a season 2, so the anime will be full of plot holes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Legend of the Legendary Heroes next season? ( 1 2 )

TheWitcher - May 19, 2012

72 by Hartm12 »»
May 14, 7:17 AM

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.