Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 8:22 AM

Aug 2017
Since this thread devolved into people just giving their definition of what "subjective" means (rather than responding to the question I previously asked) and other people arguing, I'm shortening it to try and clarify all the misunderstandings:

What anime have you seen, that you didn't like for specific reasons, rather than the entire anime as a whole?

For example,

Another example of this,

And yet another example,

Basically, there are a lot of poorly rated anime, but are these anime actually bad, or are people giving them a bad rating because of something SPECIFIC about them?

Cause for me, VERY RARELY was it the entire anime that was bad, but instead, a specific thing or two just made it difficult to actually enjoy the rest of the anime.
JaaShooUhhJul 2, 7:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 8:37 AM

Feb 2024
Not liking a specific anime does not really mean it's bad since taste is subjective. Bad anime would be something like Ex-Arm which is universally hated. There is a difference.
Jun 30, 8:43 AM

Sep 2018
Every anime is made for someone, but not every anime can cater to you is my philosophy on anime I dislike. This appliesto everything I dislike. I despise hyouka though some people love it. Same for mushoku. It has its audience.
Jun 30, 8:45 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to JoeChip
Not liking a specific anime does not really mean it's bad since taste is subjective. Bad anime would be something like Ex-Arm which is universally hated. There is a difference.
@JoeChip
That’s quite literally the point the post is making. He’s asking for examples of anime where you thought it bad because some elements of it turned you off not cuz of it was objectively bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Jun 30, 8:50 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@JoeChip
That’s quite literally the point the post is making. He’s asking for examples of anime where you thought it bad because some elements of it turned you off not cuz of it was objectively bad.
@Kenzolo-folk

That's not what I said a all my boy. I already exxplained why the animes you thought were bad can not be actually called bad.
Jun 30, 8:52 AM

Apr 2020
I disliked welcome to the NHK not cuz the writing is horrible but cuz I hated the main character
Didn’t like Banana fish because I didn’t like any of the characters and it seemed like horrible sad bait
Not an anime but I hated punpun because it was too depressing, main character was annoying, I hate stories where everyone is either traumatizing or traumatizdd
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 8:54 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to JoeChip
@Kenzolo-folk

That's not what I said a all my boy. I already exxplained why the animes you thought were bad can not be actually called bad.
@JoeChip
Ain’t no way ur this dense. Ur literally stating the obvious, he pretty much explained this in the original post bro
Jun 30, 8:55 AM

Feb 2024
@JaaShooUhh

When it's all said and done it all comes down to how taste is subjective, aka "One man's trash is another man's treasure." . Your thread is simply about a subject that has been discussed a thousand times before, there is no point in trying to sound different or original with long explanations.
JoeChipJun 30, 9:03 AM
Jun 30, 8:59 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@JoeChip
Ain’t no way ur this dense. Ur literally stating the obvious, he pretty much explained this in the original post bro
@Kenzolo-folk

Aww, the boy who is stating the obvious to me says I am stating the obvious, even though what I actually did was to explain the Op's flaw in his logic. I doN't expect you to understand the difference though.
JoeChipJun 30, 9:03 AM
Jun 30, 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to JoeChip
@Kenzolo-folk

Aww, the boy who is stating the obvious to me says I am stating the obvious, even though what I actually did was to explain the Op's flaw in his logic. I doN't expect you to understand the difference though.
@JoeChip
I know what the difference is, but all of you guys genuinely posting under here captain obvious shit as if OP didn’t know this already is hilarious. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“” Especially since you have a hard-on for incorrectly correcting people in every single thread.
Also not really important but I’m not a boy, u probably don’t care either way but just saying.
Jun 30, 9:25 AM

May 2019
No it's nor bad, it's just differently good.
Jun 30, 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
JaaShooUhh said:
is some anime ACTUALLY BAD or is it only bad because your perspective is shifted?

Both. There are anime that are actually pretty bad not matter how you slice it for one reason or another' poor writing, poor animation, so on. Buuuut, personal bias does absolutely play a big part in why people find something good or bad, and the definitions can change subjectively person to person. So even if something is bad on a technical level, someone could still think it's good by their standards. Ditto for the other way around
Jun 30, 9:33 AM
Apr 2024
Gundam unicorn by itself is fine, the problem is with how it is very disrespectful to prior UC themes
Jun 30, 9:35 AM

Oct 2010
I don't appreciate every highly rated, popular show. I have my own preferences and idiosyncrasies, which is to be expected. And some shows that don't display that level of quality and craftmanship can still be entertaining, if not more. Then there's also something to be said about enjoying your comfort food, it may not be gourmet but still feel familiar and satisfying.
Jun 30, 9:36 AM

Nov 2020
Definitely get what you mean. I think it's possible to dislike media that may be good or well constructed in some way due to certain irks or not vibing with certain aspects. Same with vice versa. Liking things is purely subjective and things that others value may be something another person despises. Most of the time I can overlook some of my personal irks and enjoy something for what it is no matter its objective quality, but there are times where I just cannot and have to stop/stall watching it.

Stuff like incredibly long battle shounen anime are shows I tend to avoid due to their heavy focus on fighting and drawn out arcs. Shows like Naruto, Demon Slayer, and Jujutsu Kaisen. I can acknowledge it's good, but it's not my thing. I like equating it to sports with how similar the fans are when talking about how powerful certain characters/abilities are. To be fair, I've long since been out of that demographic. It's not much of a wonder why I don't like it. I can at the very least acknowledge that it's good for it's genre, but not enjoyable for what I like.

Then there's the works that fall into the genres I do like. I love the BL genre, but shows like Love Stage!! and Junjou Romantica just are not my thing. It's a shame since a good amount of people love those shows, but I can't get the hype. It feels way too dated and the chemistry between the characters feels forced at times. I also think the art in Love Stage!! is unappealing in general. The oversaturated colors get on my nerves and the eyes bug me. I think my observations are (mostly) subjective and both are enjoyable shows. But it's just so hard for me to like them for what they're trying to be.

So yeah, different tastes and priorities can dictate enjoyment on different things. If I don't like something for what it is, I like to try observing it from a different perspective to see if I can enjoy it like that. It's how I usually finish the anime I don't like or am only watching because a friend wanted to watch it with me. Anything can be enjoyed if you try hard enough, IMO!
Slow Damage My Friend Ibis banner
โ‹† โ”Š . โ”Šโˆ˜ Check out my stats! โˆ˜โ”Šโ‹† โ”Š .

Jun 30, 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
My scores are just meant to distinguish between the anime I like more and the anime I like less. Then the intersubjectivity of various kinds of groups (experts or some specific communities for example) is another matter; true objectivity doesn't exist when we talk about things that cannot be objectively measured, but that doesn't mean that anything goes: intersubjectivity exists.
Jun 30, 9:54 AM

Sep 2016
Yes, it's the worst.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32294/Ai_ONA
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 30, 10:09 AM

Mar 2023
It may not be bad but it is very boring.
Jun 30, 2:59 PM
Sep 2013

There an entry for 7 SECONDS worth of animation??????

MAL is a joke.

JaaShooUhh said:
it made me wonder if perhaps some of the anime we dislike isn't actually bad, but only poorly rated because we're expecting more out of it, something in it has emotionally struck a cord with us, or if it did not meet an expectation that it put on display.

Well...yeah. There are subjective and objective metrics (especially technical stuff), even in art.
Jun 30, 3:35 PM

Dec 2021
Well some people out there like Ojou to Banken-kun, so it can't be that ba-

...what was the question again???
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 30, 4:17 PM

Feb 2023
I don't really believe in calling anime objectively good or bad. Nothing is "actually bad", at most it's just "unprofitable" or "morally reprehensible".
Anime is art, it's fundamentally subjective what criteria you apply to it. Animation quality is not always important in the same way, nor is using a conventional story structure or having realistic characters. There are no rules for what makes an anime good. It doesn't have to be popular either, if everyone started hating fantasy by tomorrow that wouldn't magically make it bad.

I'm always biased when I watch an anime because of my expectations and preferences, probably even subconsciously. I can try to be more fair and challenge my expectations about an anime, but if I don't like what I see it's "bad".
Jun 30, 4:46 PM

Nov 2019
Is your bad anime actually bad or...?

Bro, I watch the worst animes in the world, none of them are bad imo, people are weird and rate them low cause people on this app have Low IQ
Jun 30, 5:50 PM

Aug 2020
JaaShooUhh said:
is some anime ACTUALLY BAD or is it only bad because your perspective is shifted?
the latter. AoT haters or any other well-made shows' haters can't tell me that it's as bad as if not worse than absolute disasters like Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven or Utsu Musume Sayuri. It's all the mindset.
Jun 30, 6:02 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku
A 2.65 on mal is crazy. Lowest score I ever seen was a 5.7. Lol
Jun 30, 6:11 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Reply to rohan121
@Zarutaku
A 2.65 on mal is crazy. Lowest score I ever seen was a 5.7. Lol
@rohan121 Let me introduce you to Mars of Destruction and Skelter Heaven :)

Mars of Destruction
Skelter Heaven

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jun 30, 7:55 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to BitChilly
@rohan121 Let me introduce you to Mars of Destruction and Skelter Heaven :)

Mars of Destruction
Skelter Heaven
@BitChilly based on clips I have seen I am convinced these are actually 10/10 anime that were rated unjustly by the masses.
Jun 30, 10:47 PM

Mar 2021
JaaShooUhh said:

Japanese Anime was never intended to be a serious medium to begin with and as @JoeChip initially points out taste is subjective.

"Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" is just a cringe-com trash specifically from a perspective of a viewer like me who has been consuming Anime since the 80s. "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" isn't necessarily a bad Anime to me either, it just falls under the same umbrella as a "Rent-a-Girlfriend" or even a "Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!". It's just top tier cringe entertainment for someone like me. While I certainly wouldn't put this specific Anime franchise on some type of pedestal, it's not like I would goes as far as to say when I watched it that I simply just wanted to gouge my eyeballs out after consuming. In fact I almost dropped the 2nd season of "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" because the novelty for me was slightly getting old and there were other things I found airing at the time I found more interesting to watch on CR at the time.

"Dagashi Kashi" is actually one of my favorite Anime because it revolves around Japanese junk food candy. A lot of kids junk food I recognized from growing up in Japan in the early 80s. It gave me the same vibes as watching an Anime like "High Score Girl" that went into detailed historical depth with gaming in the early 90s (A lot of video games I grew up with). Also a character like Hotaru Shidare was one of the entire reasons I enjoyed watching "Dagashi Kashi". While you might not have liked her character, to others like me there is a certain charm about her that personally brings back memories of someone I use to know when I was actually in high school who acted almost exactly like her. Even if I did think a character like Hotaru Shidare was super annoying, that doesn't mean it's a bad Anime either. I have watched plenty of Anime with annoying and unlikeable characters, that doesn't mean anything to a viewers like me. As an example I don't like any of the characters in "Rent-a-Girlfriend", I simply just watch it because it's a trashy cringe-com train wreck where the entertaining thing about consuming such an Anime to me is simply watching how colossal the train wreck can get.

To top it off, were you really expecting either "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" to both be some deep philosophical stories? Makes me wonder what one would be expecting when taking the time to even watch a title like "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" to begin with who would share similar criticisms as you.

After getting to your take on "Mushoku Tensei", I realized you just simply don't like the Animes you have listed so far (which is totally your prerogative) which doesn't inherently make any of the titles you have mentioned bad or good, it's just your personal tastes.

With "The Island of Giant Insects" the point of it was to be gross and disgusting. When you got the cast throwing around F-bombs and fowl language like there is no tomorrow you already know your getting into top tier cringe territory. If you watched the English dub (Where I have watched this Anime both RAW and in English), it makes it even more hilarious with lines like... "I haven't been covered in this much shit before since my Ex got into scat!". "The Island of Giant Insects" isn't a bad Anime either, it's just a different type of Anime cringe unlike a "Rent-a-Girlfriend" or a "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro". There is exceptional entertainment value in consuming trashy entertainment and the Japanese Anime Medium is no stranger to this. You can thank the British with such things as "The Benny Hill Show" from the 1950s for the existence of trashy TV entertainment.
ColourWheelJun 30, 11:42 PM
Jun 30, 10:51 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
JaaShooUhh said:

Japanese Anime was never intended to be a serious medium to begin with and as @JoeChip initially points out taste is subjective.

"Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" is just a cringe-com trash specifically from a perspective of a viewer like me who has been consuming Anime since the 80s. "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" isn't necessarily a bad Anime to me either, it just falls under the same umbrella as a "Rent-a-Girlfriend" or even a "Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!". It's just top tier cringe entertainment for someone like me. While I certainly wouldn't put this specific Anime franchise on some type of pedestal, it's not like I would goes as far as to say when I watched it that I simply just wanted to gouge my eyeballs out after consuming. In fact I almost dropped the 2nd season of "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" because the novelty for me was slightly getting old and there were other things I found airing at the time I found more interesting to watch on CR at the time.

"Dagashi Kashi" is actually one of my favorite Anime because it revolves around Japanese junk food candy. A lot of kids junk food I recognized from growing up in Japan in the early 80s. It gave me the same vibes as watching an Anime like "High Score Girl" that went into detailed historical depth with gaming in the early 90s (A lot of video games I grew up with). Also a character like Hotaru Shidare was one of the entire reasons I enjoyed watching "Dagashi Kashi". While you might not have liked her character, to others like me there is a certain charm about her that personally brings back memories of someone I use to know when I was actually in high school who acted almost exactly like her. Even if I did think a character like Hotaru Shidare was super annoying, that doesn't mean it's a bad Anime either. I have watched plenty of Anime with annoying and unlikeable characters, that doesn't mean anything to a viewers like me. As an example I don't like any of the characters in "Rent-a-Girlfriend", I simply just watch it because it's a trashy cringe-com train wreck where the entertaining thing about consuming such an Anime to me is simply watching how colossal the train wreck can get.

To top it off, were you really expecting either "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" to both be some deep philosophical stories? Makes me wonder what one would be expecting when taking the time to even watch a title like "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" to begin with who would share similar criticisms as you.

After getting to your take on "Mushoku Tensei", I realized you just simply don't like the Animes you have listed so far (which is totally your prerogative) which doesn't inherently make any of the titles you have mentioned bad or good, it's just your personal tastes.

With "The Island of Giant Insects" the point of it was to be gross and disgusting. When you got the cast throwing around F-bombs and fowl language like there is no tomorrow you already know your getting into top tier cringe territory. If you watched the English dub (Where I have watched this Anime both RAW and in English), it makes it even more hilarious with lines like... "I haven't been covered in this much shit before since my Ex got into scat!". "The Island of Giant Insects" isn't a bad Anime either, it's just a different type of Anime cringe unlike a "Rent-a-Girlfriend" or a "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro". There is exceptional entertainment value in consuming trashy entertainment and the Japanese Anime Medium is no stranger to this. You can thank the British with such things as "The Benny Hill Show" from the 1950s for the existence of trashy TV entertainment.
@ColourWheel Oh, how wonderfully misguided your perspective is. Claiming Japanese anime was never intended to be a serious medium is an oversimplification that disregards the rich and diverse history of anime storytelling. Your dismissive attitude towards "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" as "cringe-com trash" reeks of a superficial understanding of its nuanced humor and character dynamics.

Lumping "Nagatoro" in with "Rent-a-Girlfriend" and "Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!" under the label of top-tier cringe entertainment is laughably reductionist. These shows each bring unique elements and cater to different tastes, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a dated viewpoint to appreciate that. The fact that you almost dropped the second season because the "novelty" wore off says more about your lack of depth as a viewer than about the anime itself.

Your praise for "Dagashi Kashi" based on nostalgic value and its connection to your childhood snacks is charmingly shallow. While it’s great that you found a personal connection, it’s hardly a testament to the anime’s quality. Hotaru Shidare’s character might resonate with your past, but reducing other shows to mere "cringe" because they don’t evoke the same nostalgia is intellectually lazy.

And honestly, expecting or not expecting philosophical depth from "Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" isn’t the issue. The issue is your condescending assumption that these shows lack any meaningful content simply because they don't fit your narrow definition of entertainment. If you can't appreciate the subtleties and charms of different genres, that's on you, not the anime.

Regarding "Mushoku Tensei" and your sweeping generalizations about personal taste, it’s clear you lack the ability to distinguish between subjective enjoyment and objective quality. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it inherently bad, but your inability to see value in shows others enjoy speaks volumes about your limited perspective.

As for "The Island of Giant Insects," your assertion that its point is to be gross and disgusting is another oversimplification. There’s a difference between recognizing a show’s intended shock value and dismissing it as worthless. Your focus on English dub lines rather than the actual narrative or artistic direction highlights your shallow engagement with the medium.

In short, your entire take is riddled with a lack of appreciation for the complexity and diversity of anime. Perhaps if you broadened your horizons beyond your nostalgic bubble, you’d find a richer and more fulfilling viewing experience.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jun 30, 11:18 PM

Sep 2016
oappo said:
There an entry for 7 SECONDS worth of animation??????

MAL is a joke.

There are many of them and they aren't necessarily bad, but most are.
Jun 30, 11:21 PM

Sep 2016
rohan121 said:
@Zarutaku A 2.65 on mal is crazy. Lowest score I ever seen was a 5.7. Lol

There you go, the lowest scored anime: https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?limit=13250
Jun 30, 11:30 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to BimJomp
@ColourWheel Oh, how wonderfully misguided your perspective is. Claiming Japanese anime was never intended to be a serious medium is an oversimplification that disregards the rich and diverse history of anime storytelling. Your dismissive attitude towards "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" as "cringe-com trash" reeks of a superficial understanding of its nuanced humor and character dynamics.

Lumping "Nagatoro" in with "Rent-a-Girlfriend" and "Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!" under the label of top-tier cringe entertainment is laughably reductionist. These shows each bring unique elements and cater to different tastes, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a dated viewpoint to appreciate that. The fact that you almost dropped the second season because the "novelty" wore off says more about your lack of depth as a viewer than about the anime itself.

Your praise for "Dagashi Kashi" based on nostalgic value and its connection to your childhood snacks is charmingly shallow. While it’s great that you found a personal connection, it’s hardly a testament to the anime’s quality. Hotaru Shidare’s character might resonate with your past, but reducing other shows to mere "cringe" because they don’t evoke the same nostalgia is intellectually lazy.

And honestly, expecting or not expecting philosophical depth from "Nagatoro" or "Dagashi Kashi" isn’t the issue. The issue is your condescending assumption that these shows lack any meaningful content simply because they don't fit your narrow definition of entertainment. If you can't appreciate the subtleties and charms of different genres, that's on you, not the anime.

Regarding "Mushoku Tensei" and your sweeping generalizations about personal taste, it’s clear you lack the ability to distinguish between subjective enjoyment and objective quality. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it inherently bad, but your inability to see value in shows others enjoy speaks volumes about your limited perspective.

As for "The Island of Giant Insects," your assertion that its point is to be gross and disgusting is another oversimplification. There’s a difference between recognizing a show’s intended shock value and dismissing it as worthless. Your focus on English dub lines rather than the actual narrative or artistic direction highlights your shallow engagement with the medium.

In short, your entire take is riddled with a lack of appreciation for the complexity and diversity of anime. Perhaps if you broadened your horizons beyond your nostalgic bubble, you’d find a richer and more fulfilling viewing experience.
@BimJomp

It's rich some new User lecturing me about this medium with only 39 completed titles and has only been alive since 1990 according to their profile. talk about misguided. Perhaps you should spend more time consuming Anime rather than trying to troll other Users preaching like your word is providence. At least spend more time to complete your profile a bit more if it's so incomplete where you're only filling your list with just a bunch of Battle Shounen boner material.

Also get some perspective, I wasn't even originally directing my initial comment towards you and I made it clear I was simply just stating my own opinions and nothing more.

If my opinions triggered you so badly, feel free to enlighten community on your take of "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro". I am all ear to listen about the character dynamics and nuances of humor you are talking about (You literally gave no specifics). I would love to hear your intellectual take on "Dagashi Kashi" too (Again you go into no detail about this either). Would also be all ears to listen to your take on the difference between recognizing a show’s intended shock value and dismissing it as worthless too... etc...

You literally put so much effort into criticizing another Users opinion without actually getting into any specific details about the stuff you go on babbling about yourself. lol What you have done amounts to no more than shitposting.
ColourWheelJun 30, 11:58 PM
Jun 30, 11:43 PM

Oct 2010
if I don't like an anime I will call it bad, won't bother to explain why all the time because time is limited. It's just that people get offended when their favorite anime is called bad by random people on the internet.
Jul 1, 12:31 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
@BimJomp

It's rich some new User lecturing me about this medium with only 39 completed titles and has only been alive since 1990 according to their profile. talk about misguided. Perhaps you should spend more time consuming Anime rather than trying to troll other Users preaching like your word is providence. At least spend more time to complete your profile a bit more if it's so incomplete where you're only filling your list with just a bunch of Battle Shounen boner material.

Also get some perspective, I wasn't even originally directing my initial comment towards you and I made it clear I was simply just stating my own opinions and nothing more.

If my opinions triggered you so badly, feel free to enlighten community on your take of "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro". I am all ear to listen about the character dynamics and nuances of humor you are talking about (You literally gave no specifics). I would love to hear your intellectual take on "Dagashi Kashi" too (Again you go into no detail about this either). Would also be all ears to listen to your take on the difference between recognizing a show’s intended shock value and dismissing it as worthless too... etc...

You literally put so much effort into criticizing another Users opinion without actually getting into any specific details about the stuff you go on babbling about yourself. lol What you have done amounts to no more than shitposting.
@ColourWheel You’re so quick to dismiss a "new user" based on the number of completed titles and my birth year, yet you fail to see the depth of understanding I bring to the table. Quality over quantity, my friend. Simply having a long list of completed titles doesn’t equate to having a nuanced grasp of the medium.

Your assumption that my profile is incomplete or filled with “Battle Shounen boner material” shows just how superficial your judgment is. Perhaps you should consider that one's ability to critique isn’t solely based on how many anime they've watched but on their ability to analyze and understand the content deeply.

I didn’t realize stating an opinion would ruffle your feathers so much. If you felt my comments were preachy, maybe it's because they challenged your shallow takes.

As for "Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro," the humor and character dynamics are far more intricate than you seem to realize. The playful teasing masks deeper layers of character development and emotional growth. It’s a shame you can’t see beyond the surface.

"Dagashi Kashi" isn't just about Japanese junk food; it’s a nostalgic trip with rich cultural references that resonate with those who understand them. Hotaru’s eccentricity adds a unique charm that goes beyond simple annoyance.

And "The Island of Giant Insects"? It’s not just shock value for shock’s sake. There’s a grotesque fascination that plays into the horror genre’s ability to push boundaries and challenge viewers.

So, before accusing me of shitposting, perhaps you should reflect on the substance of your own critiques. It’s easy to dismiss others when you don’t take the time to understand the depth of their arguments.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jul 1, 12:53 PM

Mar 2021
@BimJomp

I have no issues with your opinions about Anime. I could care less if you think something is a masterpiece or complete garbage. The fact you have a complete disregard in respecting others opinions shows you really don't get anything.

Your lack of self awareness is at issue where your original critique was less about Anime and more about attacking the character of another User. One could even call it "legendary" lol. Hence the defensive platitudes.

As for being a New User, Welcome to the community and go piss off. No one cares about your critique about other Users on this platform no more than if I was to start to attack your character which doesn't amount to much. Simply reading over your profile I could have a trove of things I could say about a person like you. lol

As an example I remember yesterday and I noticed you only had two friends added (makes sense since you are a new User). Though, as of today seems those friends you added suddenly disappeared on you.

Also good luck with your "Eternal Quest" faux manga you talk about on your profile. Didn't realize you were getting it serialized into an actual Japan Manga so looking forward to one day reading it myself (if it happens at all) lol, specifically since you claim Critics are already buzzing about it even when it hasn't even been released yet. lol
ColourWheelJul 1, 12:58 PM
Jul 1, 1:01 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
@BimJomp

I have no issues with your opinions about Anime. I could care less if you think something is a masterpiece or complete garbage. The fact you have a complete disregard in respecting others opinions shows you really don't get anything.

Your lack of self awareness is at issue where your original critique was less about Anime and more about attacking the character of another User. One could even call it "legendary" lol. Hence the defensive platitudes.

As for being a New User, Welcome to the community and go piss off. No one cares about your critique about other Users on this platform no more than if I was to start to attack your character which doesn't amount to much. Simply reading over your profile I could have a trove of things I could say about a person like you. lol

As an example I remember yesterday and I noticed you only had two friends added (makes sense since you are a new User). Though, as of today seems those friends you added suddenly disappeared on you.

Also good luck with your "Eternal Quest" faux manga you talk about on your profile. Didn't realize you were getting it serialized into an actual Japan Manga so looking forward to one day reading it myself (if it happens at all) lol, specifically since you claim Critics are already buzzing about it even when it hasn't even been released yet. lol
@ColourWheel Firstly, my critique wasn’t about disrespecting opinions but highlighting the superficiality of certain arguments. Respect is earned through thoughtful discourse, not by pandering to weak perspectives. Your inability to distinguish between a critique of ideas and a personal attack shows a lack of critical thinking.

As for being a new user, your attempt to welcome and dismiss me in the same breath is laughably transparent. I’m here to engage in meaningful discussions, not to win a popularity contest. If my presence unsettles you, perhaps it’s because I challenge the status quo you’re so comfortable in.

Regarding my profile and “Eternal Quest,” your petty observations about my friends list and my project’s future are amusingly desperate. Yes, I’ve sent some of the manga I have completed to critics to read, and yes, critics are buzzing. It’s getting serialized—your skepticism only underscores your inability to recognize potential.

So, while you amuse yourself with trivial observations, I’ll continue to engage in substantive discussions and pursue my creative endeavors. Feel free to attack my character; it only reflects the shallowness of your arguments and the insecurity of your position
Jul 1, 1:08 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to BimJomp
@ColourWheel Firstly, my critique wasn’t about disrespecting opinions but highlighting the superficiality of certain arguments. Respect is earned through thoughtful discourse, not by pandering to weak perspectives. Your inability to distinguish between a critique of ideas and a personal attack shows a lack of critical thinking.

As for being a new user, your attempt to welcome and dismiss me in the same breath is laughably transparent. I’m here to engage in meaningful discussions, not to win a popularity contest. If my presence unsettles you, perhaps it’s because I challenge the status quo you’re so comfortable in.

Regarding my profile and “Eternal Quest,” your petty observations about my friends list and my project’s future are amusingly desperate. Yes, I’ve sent some of the manga I have completed to critics to read, and yes, critics are buzzing. It’s getting serialized—your skepticism only underscores your inability to recognize potential.

So, while you amuse yourself with trivial observations, I’ll continue to engage in substantive discussions and pursue my creative endeavors. Feel free to attack my character; it only reflects the shallowness of your arguments and the insecurity of your position
@BimJomp

BimJomp said:
Firstly, my critique wasn’t about disrespecting opinions but highlighting the superficiality of certain arguments. Respect is earned through thoughtful discourse, not by pandering to weak perspectives. Your inability to distinguish between a critique of ideas and a personal attack shows a lack of critical thinking.

You could have fooled me since almost every sentence your "critique" was specifically targeting my character.

BimJomp said:
Your dismissive attitude towards "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" as "cringe-com trash" reeks of a superficial understanding of its nuanced humor and character dynamics.

BimJomp said:
These shows each bring unique elements and cater to different tastes, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a dated viewpoint to appreciate that. The fact that you almost dropped the second season because the "novelty" wore off says more about your lack of depth as a viewer than about the anime itself.

BimJomp said:
The issue is your condescending assumption that these shows lack any meaningful content simply because they don't fit your narrow definition of entertainment.

With almost every sentenced you use the word "you" or "your" in reference to my own opinions on something and never some general statement which is directing your criticism towards me not making some general statement. If I was to do the exact same thing to you I am sure you would get defensive about it too.

Also, it's a bit ironic someone claiming to not care about popularity while boasting on their profile about their karma count on Reddit. lol

You sure are a piece of work, I will give you that. lol
ColourWheelJul 1, 1:29 PM
Jul 1, 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
Does it matter? It is just anime. Nobody cares about someone else's opinion on what is good or bad anime tbh.
Jul 1, 1:14 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
@BimJomp

BimJomp said:
Firstly, my critique wasn’t about disrespecting opinions but highlighting the superficiality of certain arguments. Respect is earned through thoughtful discourse, not by pandering to weak perspectives. Your inability to distinguish between a critique of ideas and a personal attack shows a lack of critical thinking.

You could have fooled me since almost every sentence your "critique" was specifically targeting my character.

BimJomp said:
Your dismissive attitude towards "Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro" as "cringe-com trash" reeks of a superficial understanding of its nuanced humor and character dynamics.

BimJomp said:
These shows each bring unique elements and cater to different tastes, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a dated viewpoint to appreciate that. The fact that you almost dropped the second season because the "novelty" wore off says more about your lack of depth as a viewer than about the anime itself.

BimJomp said:
The issue is your condescending assumption that these shows lack any meaningful content simply because they don't fit your narrow definition of entertainment.

With almost every sentenced you use the word "you" or "your" in reference to my own opinions on something and never some general statement which is directing your criticism towards me not making some general statement. If I was to do the exact same thing to you I am sure you would get defensive about it too.

Also, it's a bit ironic someone claiming to not care about popularity while boasting on their profile about their karma count on Reddit. lol

You sure are a piece of work, I will give you that. lol
@ColourWheel You manage to completely sidestep responding to any of the points I made, instead fixating on my Reddit karma. My profile mentions it merely as a factual detail, not as a plea for popularity.

It's amusing that you think pointing out my Reddit karma is some sort of gotcha moment. It has absolutely nothing to do with the substance of our discussion or the points I raised. You’re just deflecting because you have no substantial counterarguments.

Yes, I am indeed a piece of work, one that clearly challenges you more than you’re comfortable with. Now, if you’re done avoiding the actual discussion, perhaps you could try addressing the points I made rather than resorting to irrelevant observations.
Jul 1, 1:36 PM

Mar 2021
@BimJomp

You are nothing but a troll on here and not a good way to start off in this community, especially if you are a new User. Like just a moment ago you tried to add me as a friend while concurrently attacking and insulting the way I personally rate Anime in my comment section?

If you really don't care about popularity than why the hell even waste your time trying to add me of all people? lol

Yes that I can agree on you are a real piece of work. One only needs to read your profile to see that clearly. lol
Jul 1, 1:40 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
@BimJomp

You are nothing but a troll on here and not a good way to start off in this community, especially if you are a new User. Like just a moment ago you tried to add me as a friend while concurrently attacking and insulting the way I personally rate Anime in my comment section?

If you really don't care about popularity than why the hell even waste your time trying to add me of all people? lol

Yes that I can agree on you are a real piece of work. One only needs to read your profile to see that clearly. lol
@ColourWheel How predictably tiresome. Let's set the record straight: I responded as I did because you insulted me first. My intention was never to troll but to engage in meaningful discourse. If you can't handle a differing opinion without resorting to petty insults, that's on you, not me.

As for the friend request, it was extended in the spirit of intellectual debate, not popularity. Clearly, that concept is lost on you. It's amusing how you fixate on irrelevant details rather than addressing the substance of the discussion.

Yes, I'm indeed a piece of work, and proud of it. At least I bring substance to my arguments, unlike your defensive deflections.
Jul 1, 1:57 PM

Mar 2021
@BimJomp

Claiming victim is not going to work here this was your initial post which was more about attack my character than making any kind of general statement.

BimJomp said:

Sure I insulted you, I am not contesting that. Only started throwing insults only after you started attacking my character. Which it was completely unnecessary for you to do if your goal was simply to make general opinions about Anime. You went beyond just critiquing Anime, you literally attacked another Users character. If you don't understand this, then you are beyond help. Good luck trying to make friends on a platform where there is literally no way anyone is going to share the exact same views as you if you simply just insult anyone who you disagree with. I would just like to see how well it works out for you if you try to add someone as a friend in the future while concurrently attacking and insulting them on their own profile page about how they rate Anime. lol
Jul 1, 2:07 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
@BimJomp

Claiming victim is not going to work here this was your initial post which was more about attack my character than making any kind of general statement.

BimJomp said:

Sure I insulted you, I am not contesting that. Only started throwing insults only after you started attacking my character. Which it was completely unnecessary for you to do if your goal was simply to make general opinions about Anime. You went beyond just critiquing Anime, you literally attacked another Users character. If you don't understand this, then you are beyond help. Good luck trying to make friends on a platform where there is literally no way anyone is going to share the exact same views as you if you simply just insult anyone who you disagree with. I would just like to see how well it works out for you if you try to add someone as a friend in the future while concurrently attacking and insulting them on their own profile page about how they rate Anime. lol
@ColourWheel You claim to have started throwing insults only after I "attacked" your character, yet it seems you conveniently ignore your initial condescending tone. My critique was focused on the substance of the anime and the quality of the discussion, not a personal attack.

If you felt personally attacked, that’s unfortunate, but it was never my intention. Engaging in meaningful discourse often involves challenging each other's views. If you can't handle that without resorting to insults, perhaps this platform isn't the best place for you.

As for making friends, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here for intellectual discussions and to share differing perspectives. If that ruffles a few feathers, so be it.

And for the record, extending a friend request was a gesture towards engaging in more thoughtful debate, not a desire for validation. If you can't see the value in that, then maybe it's best we keep our interactions to a minimum. Good luck to you too.
Jul 1, 2:13 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to BimJomp
@ColourWheel You claim to have started throwing insults only after I "attacked" your character, yet it seems you conveniently ignore your initial condescending tone. My critique was focused on the substance of the anime and the quality of the discussion, not a personal attack.

If you felt personally attacked, that’s unfortunate, but it was never my intention. Engaging in meaningful discourse often involves challenging each other's views. If you can't handle that without resorting to insults, perhaps this platform isn't the best place for you.

As for making friends, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here for intellectual discussions and to share differing perspectives. If that ruffles a few feathers, so be it.

And for the record, extending a friend request was a gesture towards engaging in more thoughtful debate, not a desire for validation. If you can't see the value in that, then maybe it's best we keep our interactions to a minimum. Good luck to you too.
BimJomp said:

Yet earlier you were insinuating on my profile page that I am some kind of snowflake. Take some of your own advice and grow thicker skin. lol

Also, if you don't like the use of condescending tones in Anime discussions your reaction shouldn't be resorting to condescending tones to attack another Users characters. lol

BimJomp said:
and for the record, extending a friend request was a gesture towards engaging in more thoughtful debate, not a desire for validation. If you can't see the value in that, then maybe it's best we keep our interactions to a minimum. Good luck to you too.

Hollow gesture at best if you leave comments like this on my profile....

BimJomp said:
Hahahahaha, now that I've gone through your profile, it's truly sad seeing the drivel you rate as "10" and how you dodge meaningful discussion and resort to throwing petty insults instead. Keep watching your rubbish and avoiding intellectual discourse if that’s what makes you feel superior. It’s clear you prefer shallow distractions over substantive conversation. Pathetic, really.

Goodluck trying to make new friends on here if this is how your going to interact with them while trying to get them to accept a friends request. lol
ColourWheelJul 1, 2:17 PM
Jul 1, 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
I dont like anime that features unattractive adult protagonists lol.
Jul 1, 4:39 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
BimJomp said:

Yet earlier you were insinuating on my profile page that I am some kind of snowflake. Take some of your own advice and grow thicker skin. lol

Also, if you don't like the use of condescending tones in Anime discussions your reaction shouldn't be resorting to condescending tones to attack another Users characters. lol

BimJomp said:
and for the record, extending a friend request was a gesture towards engaging in more thoughtful debate, not a desire for validation. If you can't see the value in that, then maybe it's best we keep our interactions to a minimum. Good luck to you too.

Hollow gesture at best if you leave comments like this on my profile....

BimJomp said:
Hahahahaha, now that I've gone through your profile, it's truly sad seeing the drivel you rate as "10" and how you dodge meaningful discussion and resort to throwing petty insults instead. Keep watching your rubbish and avoiding intellectual discourse if that’s what makes you feel superior. It’s clear you prefer shallow distractions over substantive conversation. Pathetic, really.

Goodluck trying to make new friends on here if this is how your going to interact with them while trying to get them to accept a friends request. lol
@ColourWheel I don’t engage with nonsense. Enjoy your day with your happy-go-lucky view on anime. Maybe one day you'll appreciate a more sophisticated perspective.
Jul 1, 4:57 PM

Sep 2023
I do not like Code Geass. Many people do. For me, the story made no sense. But its well beloved by so many, I do not think its a bad anime. I just think I don't understand it.

Another one for me is Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki. I actually quite enjoyed the anime. However, the actual story of the anime at one point is what made me drop it. Evidently people do enjoy it, as it has somewhat high ratings on MAL.

One that people probably have never heard of is Zipang. I love that anime, I find the story concept super cool. But I don't like it because of story decisions and the fact that in twenty-six episodes, the story is unfinished and continues in a manga.

I don't believe any of these animes are bad. I'm just in a minority of not liking for them because of certain aspects.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Jul 1, 5:33 PM

Feb 2023
JaaShooUhh said:
Basically, there are a lot of poorly rated anime, but are these anime actually bad, or are people giving them a bad rating because of something SPECIFIC about them?

I'm sorry, but if you don't like any of the answers here in this thread then I don't agree with the premise of the question. There is no such thing as being "actually bad".

I kind of get where this is supposed to lead to. If you hate an anime, most of an anime is actually fine, instead there is one key aspect that ruins the experience. Sure, that might be the case, but it only beeing one key aspect doesn't make the experience any better. I don't like how this is framed. To me, an anime is not just the sum of its parts.
Jul 2, 11:32 AM

Feb 2024
@jhzs0029

how is that post same as saying this is bait or you want attention?

Are we coping now?
Jul 2, 11:40 AM

Oct 2019
yes, at least the 3-1s are absolutely bad shows.

Unlike 99% of the people here, I can appreciate every type of quality. If I call something terrible, there is good reason for it. Of course that doesn't mean I'm "correct", but you won't see me calling an incredible show garbage.

No highly acclaimed show is a 1 or 2/10
APolygons2Jul 2, 11:46 AM
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How can anyone return to modern anime after watching Akira?

Iron_Leopard - Yesterday

45 by delirific »»
9 minutes ago

» Enjoying completely diffrent things

Cielord - Jul 1

47 by MinakoBestGirl »»
22 minutes ago

» If you could remove one anime trope what would it be?

SimplyBrazen - 2 hours ago

23 by Phosphophyllita »»
34 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - Jul 1

48 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
1 hour ago

» Are you able to turn off your moral compass when watching anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jul 2

70 by Merve2Love »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.