Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
Huh joyboys defeat marked the end of the void century what?

Vegapunk be saying a lot this chapter, poneglyph being hystorical records, war changed the world that existed 1k years sago. and so on
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 21, 4:06 PM
Jun 2021
just finished reading and I'm blown away - I'd give it a 10 out of 10! Does anyone know of any anime or manga that's similar to this? I'd love to find something else that's just as engaging as this
ExternalWorldMay 21, 4:10 PM
May 21, 6:43 PM
Sep 2022
where are u reading it ??
May 22, 2:36 AM

Nov 2016
It's extremely exciting to finally learn more about the Void Century. Then again, the spoiler don't tell us that much new yet, except that the Ancient Kingdom is basically Atlantis.

The appearances of familiar faces >> Void Century lore

Foxy and Demaro the GOAT

FMmatronMay 23, 7:45 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 3:24 PM
Oct 2023
ExternalWorld said:
just finished reading and I'm blown away - I'd give it a 10 out of 10! Does anyone know of any anime or manga that's similar to this? I'd love to find something else that's just as engaging as this

I heard Tower of God has a lot of world building just like One Piece. Maybe you should check it out.
May 22, 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
Even if Vegapunk doesn't know every detail about the Void Century, I'm satisfied with whatever we can get right now before we end up not getting any more details for another 100+ chapters. And holy shit that declaration that the huge war from the VC still hasn't ended....CHILLS. This arc gets crazier and crazier.

After reading the chapter: I wonder if Joy Boy resembled Luffy in any way or if Oda just drew his silhouette similar to Gear 5 Luffy as a placeholder for now. I imagine once we eventually see his face he’ll probably look somewhat different. Nusjuro is actually so fucking raw holy shit. Oda has been giving him the coldest panels, that might be one of my favorite spreads he’s done in recent memory. Once again I’m glad we get to see old faces again. Also it’s funny seeing the lower level Marines losing their shit at these revelations 💀
thebrentinator24May 23, 9:52 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 22, 9:53 PM
Dec 2022
We kinda in a way get to see the real Joy Boy YIPPEEEE imu at the end

love seeing strawhat flag in Wano
Demaro Black and the fellas are back WWWW massive massive lore rn GAW DAM elders are PISSED
AND THIS MF FOXY BACK TOO LMAO ODA ALWAYS FINDING A WAY TO PUT HIM IN
EDISON MY GOAT STAY WITH US

also Fraudhawk who? Nusjuro is the real strongest swordsman ALSO DAMN HIS ATTACK INSANE
whole world is flooded its so cooked
the great war is still ongoing RAAAAAAA imu

i want the marines to betray the world government by the end of the story would be so epic
wallus81May 23, 3:59 PM
May 23, 5:15 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to AhriTheS3xyFox
Huh joyboys defeat marked the end of the void century what?

Vegapunk be saying a lot this chapter, poneglyph being hystorical records, war changed the world that existed 1k years sago. and so on
@AhriTheS3xyFox JoyBoy was first pirate, perhaps something to do with the end of first pirate era. Possibly became a pirate because the other kingdoms united against the ancient kingdom and the ancient weapons helped.

Void century got deleted to hide the true ruler of the world.

Let's hope it's not some AOT like past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 10:02 AM
Mar 2015
A coalition is forming to deal with situation
May 23, 10:29 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Set up chapter, this only confirms stuff we've been theorizing for years.
May 23, 10:36 AM
Jul 2015
ZoroBestWaifu said:
where are u reading it ??

TCB scans gets good translations out quickly
May 23, 10:37 AM
Jul 2015
the biggest revelation in this chapter wasn't anything vegapunk had to say but the fact that the fake strawhats have moved on and are now the fake kid pirates
May 23, 10:50 AM
Apr 2019
FOXY IS BACK BAYBEEE
hi, how are you?
May 23, 10:56 AM
Aug 2020
ODA is still cooking

this was a big revelation

i can't wait to hear more...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 23, 11:38 AM

Jul 2016
Very good chapter, still kind of set up but looking more forward to 1116 than 1115. Also no break is nice too.
Penguins are funny
May 23, 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
That one panel was pretty good
May 23, 12:19 PM
Sep 2017
Vegapunk just keeps dropping bombshells. Sea levels rose by 200m!! Holy shit
May 23, 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
Foxy has a moustache now lol, good to see that Porche chan is still doing good.
May 23, 12:38 PM
Sep 2019
vegapunk mdfakin goaaaaaat
May 23, 12:39 PM

Apr 2015
The entire world is basically being educated right now, Now they know about the Void century and Ancient weapons. Will Imu take action? Can't wait.

I'm really curious to see what was Roger's role in all this, How far did he get and did he know all this information and about Imu? Damn. It changes many things in retrospect. Roger was the most famous pirate of this generation and now we know that Joyboy was the first pirate.
May 23, 1:27 PM
May 2024
After seeing glimpses of the old Wano under the sea, I always had my suspicion that the world of One Piece is sinking (which in real life is happening)... Another theory that I hope happens is that the crew goes to space (any planet) and the time they are outside of Earth changes... What I mean is, lets say that the crew stay on space for like 1 year at maximum. When they come back from space the time they spent on space compared to Earth would be 2-5 years. Personally I hope this happens, there are lots of characters that feel and don't know they would be useful in fights with how their strengths lack.
May 23, 1:33 PM

Dec 2022
now those jokers are cosplaying Kidd's crew!!
Zou loves plot exposition chapters!
NO NOT FOXY ANYONE BUT FOXY!!!!
even Vegapunk can't comprehend the Weapons
VICIOUS slash from Nusjuro, Serphaim on the loose!
Nojiko just wants to farm tangerines, man
200 meters!
Mock Town still Mocking!
the DOOOOOOOOOOM sound hit hard in the brain on final Imu panel
May 23, 1:44 PM

Oct 2017
What a chapter, loved to get more info on the void century. Gimme more, I wonder how much he'll end up telling. Imu = Umi = ocean.
May 23, 3:27 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
pretty interesting. the speech continues..

demaro black made me laugh man XD stop it
old man got a hell of a slash. made me think of zoro v pica or law v vergo
hope seraphim kuma joins bonney too
nojiko is so hot bruh
i liked seeing the baroque works girl (miss golden week?) AND with an apple hat. i wonder if she's related to vegapunk in some way
the mother flame/lulusia incident is surely uranus now right?
May 23, 3:45 PM

Apr 2016
Awesome chapter again (I have to bring up how the fake Luffy is now posing as Kidd LOL)
So those theories about the old One Piece world being flooded away are true and it does have to do with the Ancient Weapons
It's kind of crazy how much information we're getting here, and all the old faces we're seeing
And Imu is pissed...
May 23, 4:21 PM

Apr 2014
My goodness gracious. What a freaking chapter dude. Like wow.
May 23, 5:12 PM

Jul 2021
"The Great War which ravaged the world during the void century is still ongoing"

We didn't get much information in this chapter, just the reactions of some characters you would never expect to get screen time again, but I do love how Oda is taking his time with Vegapunk's speech, since the information he is disseminating is indeed shocking and would ultimately throw the world out of the stability it now has.
SupremestrawhatMay 23, 5:16 PM
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

May 23, 5:29 PM

Dec 2016
For context, this is what Europe would kinda look like if sea levels rose by 200 meters

Also video
200m is around 1:00

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.170/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.91/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.67/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.56/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 23, 5:35 PM

Apr 2022
lore piece is incomparable to anything else, pure chills chapter. see the silhouette of the actual joyboy. man i wish we could learn more about the great war in the past, exactly how joyboy got defeated, the alliances and everything. a man-made calamity and the sea rising 200m is crazy work, i wanna see it all!! imu just listening to everything unfold, well everything that vegapunk is capable of unfolding at least. good to see the gang at wano, we got imposter kidd now lmao, the minks, the GOAT; foxy and his gang. i hope stussy makes it out too. another 5/5 chapter.
oda been cooking with his art ever since the surgery, nusjuro is on smoke.
May 23, 6:17 PM
Sep 2022
Foxy has returned. But I'm just happy to see Miss Goldenweek: One of my favorite side characters after hundreds of chapters!
May 23, 6:26 PM

Jun 2023
Not the 'Joy Toy'-agenda being born. 🤣 I do wonder if Oda having Demaro Black dressed up as Kid is a form of total mockery (as in Kid never coming back into the story ever again) or maybe Oda is trying to fool us by using Black as an initial fuel for 'mockery' to only then set up a great comeback for Kid in the future. 👀

I love how even the Marine are too invested to work as even they are invested in the craziness that Vegapunk is revealing lmao.

What a banger of a chapter, it's so exciting to see the very concept and subject of the Ancient Weapons coming into the light of the mainstream and the mix of reactions throughout to the chapter spices things up even further.

Doc' Kureha said it best:

KanelbullarMay 23, 6:38 PM
May 23, 7:14 PM

Jun 2015
I hate how much fluff Oda added to this chapter. You could he was saving the reveal for the last few pages with how much worthless crap was jammed into the beginning of the chapter.
May 23, 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
Kidd 🤣

This reading expierence chapter by chapter over the past year or so in Egghead has just been absolutely surreal and Oda isn't stopping. The art in that ocean panel and all the lore.... Final Saga is just special

May 23, 9:02 PM
Apr 2020
Biisoo said:
The entire world is basically being educated right now, Now they know about the Void century and Ancient weapons. Will Imu take action? Can't wait.

I'm really curious to see what was Roger's role in all this, How far did he get and did he know all this information and about Imu? Damn. It changes many things in retrospect. Roger was the most famous pirate of this generation and now we know that Joyboy was the first pirate.

Basically similar to Indra and Asura, JoyBoy reincarnated.
May 23, 9:26 PM

Apr 2015
28012001 said:
Biisoo said:

Basically similar to Indra and Asura, JoyBoy reincarnated.

That does raise a good point, Yeah.
May 23, 11:54 PM
Apr 2023
holy shit we finally getting the answers, i believe imu launched pluto 200 times to make the sea lvl rise that much, bez lulusia got one blast which resulted in water rising with 1m
May 24, 12:58 AM
Jan 2020
Oda continues to cook peak chapter after chapter! The contents of the void century are finally revealed, the war between Joy Boy and the 20 Kingdoms known as the world government but unfortunately Joy Boy lost the war probably the cause of the ancient weapons. It is revealed that the ancient weapons are the cause of the rising sea level and the ancient kingdom is sunk at the bottom of the ocean, is that also where Laugh Tale is?? Laugh Tale and the One Piece is probably at the bottom of the ocean that's why no one can locate it. Also great to see Wano again with Yamato, Momo, Hiyori, Tama, Kinemon, Shinobu and Toko appearing. Water 7 makes its return again like in previous chapters alongside Sakura Kingdom, Zou, and Cocoyashi village making their first appearance in a while, glad to see Carrot and Nojiko again. The revolutionary army members Dragon, Sabo, Koala, Ivankov, and Betty are all shocked by Vegapunk's revelation while Imu and the Elders look furious. Sussy said she has no purpose now that Vegapunk Stella is gone which is sad and even Kaku feels sorry for her however she still has a new purpose with the Straw Hats and other Vegapunks. V Nusjuro cut off the bottom of Labostratum, freeing the Seraphim and the cipher pols, this isn't looking good for the Straw Hats' escape.
LuffyHammock94May 24, 1:02 AM
May 24, 3:46 AM

Oct 2020
Goosebumps galore. Can't believe we got to see Foxy again and then a fake Kidd 😂

Because This is My First Life:
"Having someone walk into your life is actually a very astonishing thing. That's because they bring their past, present and their future with them. That's because, someone's whole life comes along with him. The heart is fragile, therefore, it might have been broken. That heart is coming too."

May 24, 5:08 AM

May 2018
Oda deliver again. Man, I can't wait for next week.
May 24, 8:00 AM

Oct 2013
Good chapter.
But ngl, after seeing all these familiar faces again, I kinda hoped that Oda would slip an Enel reaction in (reception on the moon be dammed).
May 24, 10:31 AM

Jan 2017
How long will this Disney-Atlantis-esque story go on...
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
May 24, 12:18 PM
Apr 2023
Can't wait what's gonna be on the next chapter
May 24, 1:55 PM
Jun 2017
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 24, 4:11 PM
Sep 2022
Omg, Impel Down was something else.
One Piece always get more and more inpressionant.
May 24, 4:56 PM
Apr 2024
Gave some new insight on the Void Century, but Vegapunk still manages to do more lore drop.
May 24, 5:24 PM

Aug 2021
this'll go down as one of the greatest lore chapters in the history of one piece. probably the single biggest mystery about the world in the void century has finally been getting unpeeled slowly over these past two chapters. there's so much to take from this chapter but the main ones would be the truth about the current world being above the previous world that is now at the bottom of the ocean that sunk during the void century and that that the power to do that does come from imu. which explains vegapunk's previous warning about the current world suffering the same fate. the thing i love most about these chapters is how we get to see the reactions of so many different people in so many different places to the news. some faces we haven't seen in a long time too. can't even imagine what further details are in store for next chapter
May 24, 6:35 PM
Nov 2022
I couldn’t find the direction to mal like zoro. My top 1 anime of all time
May 24, 8:43 PM
Jun 2021
One Piece chapter 1115 is a masterpiece of all mangas
May 24, 9:15 PM
Dec 2011
Love seeing all the old characters pop back up. So should we assume the doctor’s theories are all right? And what about Nojiko, wasn’t that slightly weird? I always thought Nami had some secret. Then I saw a theory about her, now I can’t stop thinking about it.
May 24, 11:25 PM
Apr 2020
Finally a just chapter.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jun 18

63 by Biisoo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 13 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 20, 2010

26 by AcornGR »»
Yesterday, 4:07 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 100 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Nov 6, 2009

31 by flameofwind »»
Yesterday, 5:19 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 43 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Feb 5, 2010

24 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Yesterday, 5:13 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 774 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Jan 22, 2015

51 by KoniginElle »»
Jun 21, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.