Forum Settings
Forums

This has been the worst 6 weeks of anime I have seen in a long time.

New
May 14, 3:54 AM

Dec 2018
MHA is starting sure, but Konosubarashi has been just okay, I have literally never dropped so many anime at once this is beyond ridiculous.
This season was supposed to be hype but it's been trash all over the place.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 3:56 AM

Feb 2020
I have also dropped 5 shows during the past two weeks. Anyway, I think this is still better than the previous season.
May 14, 3:56 AM

Nov 2023
The number of 7s and 6 is frightening
May 14, 4:04 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Serafos
I have also dropped 5 shows during the past two weeks. Anyway, I think this is still better than the previous season.
@Serafos Yeah, winter wasn't great at all but at least what I saw what just disappointment, not so much garbage.
May 14, 4:27 AM

Nov 2019
Agreed, better to steer clear until the verdict of which anime is 'good', but seems like it's been out for a while.
May 14, 4:29 AM

Oct 2019
Dungeon meshi alone would make the season good,at least to me.

Idk what you mean by konosuba being just ok, I'm having a TON of fun with it.

and honestly, s4 and s5 have been a complete treat for date a live fans. the show has never been better.

Spice and wolf has been FANTASTIC, my hero is a show that i personally really like.

I'm not caught up with mushoku tensei, but that is also great from what i have seen.

kaiju n8 and wind breaker seem to be pretty well liked. i haven't started them though.

go go looer ranger could be great by tje end, same with train to the end of the world and the raven does not choose its master.

and then we have the new season of black butler, slime, sound euphonium, and yuru camp.

along with jellyfish can't swim in the night and girls band cry both being banger girl cast music anime.

Not to mention TP bon which looks really interesting, the grimm varitions which was really solid, and baki vs kengan ashura which for the right people is probably the most hype anime of the decade lol

and then all of that is topped with the look back and blue lock movie.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 14, 4:50 AM

Mar 2023
Glad that i never follows seasonal shows.
May 14, 5:01 AM
Feb 2014
Well, every season that has ever existed is supposedly the "worst" for someone.

I'm not a seasonal watcher so i can't really attest to the quality of the anime, but on the surface at the very least, it looks like a good one to me, judging by the fact i have found 10 anime to add to my PTW (excluding movies).

It just means the anime in this season do not specifically appeal to your taste (and taste is very subjective).

Maybe you should use this opportunity to watch some older anime instead.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
May 14, 5:03 AM

Oct 2014
I was about to tell you that "maybe your taste in anime is garbage" but then, I view your profile and all of your favorite animes are top tier.

While I disagree with you, maybe thats because you know what your talking about and I myself is just a degenerate.
May 14, 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
I like the Spice & Wolf remake, this alone makes it a good season.
May 14, 5:33 AM

Sep 2015
I'm glad im enjoying a couple of anime this season, pretty satisfying actually

Also Kaiju 8 is a pretty nice surprise, very enjoyable
May 14, 5:35 AM

Aug 2020
I mean i'm only watching Yuru Camp 3 and KnY mini season from this spring which the former is a slight downgrade from s2, and the latter which i don't really have any expectation besides being a passtime show, some seemingly inferior remakes that i tried, and no new anime. Nuff said.
TRC_RandyMay 14, 5:39 AM
May 14, 5:35 AM

Jan 2013
You dropped Dungeon Meshi. Seems like a you problem.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 5:40 AM

Sep 2016
Not that bad tbh, but indeed massively overhyped.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 14, 5:46 AM

Dec 2022
It is depressingly bereft of interesting shows. It's one of the reasons I could never stomach being a seasonal watcher.

Shaded Horizon

May 14, 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
Disagreed. I'm watching more current seasonals than I have at any one point since I believe spring of 2021 and that isn't all by random happenstance. There are a lot of interesting new series currently.

What I'm not interested in really is the remakes or reboots of older shows (Spice & Wolf, Bartender) or all the new seasons of shows I never watched (Slime, Boku no Hero, Kimetsu no Yaiba, etc.) - I'd currently rather watch new series, so am not even currently watching new seasons of older shows that I have watched and do follow, for various reasons (Yuru Camp and Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) so can't comment on those, but just as far as the actual new new shows go, it's been promising and a pleasant foray into new worlds of the animeverse.

The standouts for me have been T.P. BON, Tonari no Youkai-san, Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?, Astro Note, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, and Girls Band Cry.

And I'm continuing Dungeon Meshi from the winter season, which is also up there.

In my case, as long as there are at least a few 7/10-tier series, I'm good.

Actually, the amount of new series which, for what they are, have been either thought-provoking, left an emotional impression on me, or both, made me recently realize in retrospect how sparse and lacking in that respect that at least the past winter of this year and autumn of 2023 seasons actually were.
WatchTillTandavaMay 14, 6:05 AM
May 14, 6:06 AM

Dec 2021
I only watch Anime to kill time and rate every Anime lower than 3/10
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
May 14, 6:12 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Every season is “the worst” for some people. I’m actually quite pleased with it & definitely a greater number of series I’m enjoying than last season (Winter 2024)
May 14, 6:26 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
You dropped Dungeon Meshi. Seems like a you problem.
@LostSpectre It had no appeal to me. Not saying it's a bad show, also idk if you would call that part of this season since it started last season but I just found it terribly boring to listen about cooking monsters all the time.
May 14, 6:37 AM

May 2019
Nah bro, saint seiya is airing this season, it's peak 80's shonen.
May 14, 6:39 AM

May 2015
You choosing to watch crap(Re.Monster, The Fable) then proceeding to drop said crap does not constitute a bad season
May 14, 8:30 AM

Jul 2016
Non-seasonal anime watchers winning as always.
May 14, 9:10 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Disagreed. I'm watching more current seasonals than I have at any one point since I believe spring of 2021 and that isn't all by random happenstance. There are a lot of interesting new series currently.

What I'm not interested in really is the remakes or reboots of older shows (Spice & Wolf, Bartender) or all the new seasons of shows I never watched (Slime, Boku no Hero, Kimetsu no Yaiba, etc.) - I'd currently rather watch new series, so am not even currently watching new seasons of older shows that I have watched and do follow, for various reasons (Yuru Camp and Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) so can't comment on those, but just as far as the actual new new shows go, it's been promising and a pleasant foray into new worlds of the animeverse.

The standouts for me have been T.P. BON, Tonari no Youkai-san, Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?, Astro Note, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, and Girls Band Cry.

And I'm continuing Dungeon Meshi from the winter season, which is also up there.

In my case, as long as there are at least a few 7/10-tier series, I'm good.

Actually, the amount of new series which, for what they are, have been either thought-provoking, left an emotional impression on me, or both, made me recently realize in retrospect how sparse and lacking in that respect that at least the past winter of this year and autumn of 2023 seasons actually were.
@WatchTillTandava Yeah, slime being just like 6 episodes of slow running exposition has been basically torture. Not endless 8 torture, but painful nonetheless. There are some that I am really surprised about like wind breaker, so that's nice but there are others that feel as though they were half baked and churned out by an algorithm. Idk anything about the train one, it just didn't appeal to me in the synopsis. Can you tell me about Astro Note though? And thanks for being congenial, it's always good to disagree, I mean this is like a very diverse community right?
May 14, 9:12 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Zedlin
Non-seasonal anime watchers winning as always.
@Zedlin lol I mean mostly but:

>go to watch a series
>oh good it's completed
>watch the whole thing
>f***ing ends halfway, no updates
May 14, 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to StateofOhayo
@Zedlin lol I mean mostly but:

>go to watch a series
>oh good it's completed
>watch the whole thing
>f***ing ends halfway, no updates
@StateofOhayo
Hahaha, this is why I always check the series ahead of time to see if it's a full adaptation otherwise I just read the manga. :p
May 14, 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Zedlin
@StateofOhayo
Hahaha, this is why I always check the series ahead of time to see if it's a full adaptation otherwise I just read the manga. :p
@Zedlin Girls Last Tour is one of those, I mean I like reading manga but I always feel so weird when all I hear is silence and maybe the occasional cat sneezing, but yes, you are right. I can't remember all the manga I have read so like my manga list is totally depleted of any of them. Kind of like some anime, took me years to remember to add dragon ball to my anime.
May 14, 9:33 AM
Jun 2022
Fr, anime is getting boring and boring, i probably just stick into manga or light novel instead
May 14, 9:48 AM

Nov 2019
Isn' t that how animu has behaved since 2013?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 14, 9:55 AM

Jun 2019
StateofOhayo said:
Yeah, slime being just like 6 episodes of slow running exposition has been basically torture. Not endless 8 torture, but painful nonetheless. There are some that I am really surprised about like wind breaker, so that's nice but there are others that feel as though they were half baked and churned out by an algorithm. Idk anything about the train one, it just didn't appeal to me in the synopsis. Can you tell me about Astro Note though? And thanks for being congenial, it's always good to disagree, I mean this is like a very diverse community right?

Oh certainly. You'll essentially never see me behave rudely or engage in insults or personal attacks on here or anywhere else online or offline unless and until attacked first, because I'm not that kind of person. There are few things I abhor and detest to the core of my being more than unprovoked rudeness. I wish everyone here on the forum could be civil at all times until someone gave them an actual reason not to, which to me is only being attacked first, so if no one ever did then that reason wouldn't exist for anyone in the first place. It's very sad and annoying - a lamentable state of affairs indeed, that people simply having different interests, opinions, and beliefs gets them attacked.

As for disagreeing, if anything I'd say it's even desirable where honest and fitting. Because it provides an impetus and space for interesting discussions rather than just circlejerks of us all repeating the same things agreeing in unison. And that provides sparks and life to a place. We should always look to be challenging our own ideas and each other's.

The train anime is an anime original and other than a very vague description for a synopsis and a poster which didn't tell people anything, it was basically shrouded in mystery in its extremely minimal advertisement and promotion campaign (at least in English-language material online) in the run-up to its debut. It was basically implied to be a CGDCT Slice of Life about girls riding a train and there was no reason to suspect it would even necessarily have much of a story. I was still planning to watch it because I watch a lot of SoL and don't mind shows about little to nothing or just random conversations and antics, so yeah. But then the first episode went in a radical mindbending direction which completely flipped the expectations of everyone watching it on its head. So it's just one that isn't what it initially seemed.

Regarding Astro Note, it's also an anime original series, but I don't really know why it's so under-discussed and acknowledged this season other than that it's an original (so no manga/light novel/video game/other source material fans to hype it up leading up to it), probably also had little to no promo campaign, and a lot about it feels like more of a retro throwback which maybe isn't as appealing to the majority of the current primary audience of anime viewers? It's a Sci-Fi romcom, but you could gather that just from reading the genres on its archival webpage on MAL.

To try to inform someone what the series is like without spoiling anything, I'd say that it feels almost like if Lilo & Stitch was a romcom anime, for anyone who has ever seen that Disney film. It's about family relationships and different kinds of relationships - strangers to friends, potential romance and multiple different love interests at play, boarding house mates, father and son, people in and trying out new jobs and new homes - a kind of large dysfunctional family brought together by the commonality of a shared residence. It has a more traditional/old-fashioned art style for the characters which I like compared to the look of a lot of newer anime (like more fully-featured faces for the character designs instead of the more sleek extreme minimalist super modern designs) and a colorful and bright vibrant color palette (which some people didn't like, but I do, at least for this series). With the central premise, some things that happen in the plot, and some of the classic and familiar tropes of the romcom genre it feels like a kind of tribute or homage to older 1980s and 90s anime which were its predecessors and people have likened it to Maison Ikkoku (which, I haven't personally seen, but I know what it's about, so the comparison seems accurate enough). There are even some fun Sci-Fi film references and such.

It actually has a pretty elaborate political and Sci-Fi-style plot which influences events every episode and playing out in the background, but at least up to now where we are halfway through its run, it doesn't always strictly focus on that with a lot of dramatic intensity and is more of a lighthearted Slice of Lifey comedic romp with the important and more serious parts of the plot trickled in and balanced out, so my point is that someone doesn't have to be a hardcore SF fan or in the mood for a complicated and intense story to get into it, as it plays it from a pretty fun and laidback angle while having that worldbuilding stuff as a backdrop.

Let me know if that was confusing or if you want/need something else addressed.

WatchTillTandavaMay 14, 10:03 AM
May 14, 9:59 AM

Feb 2023
The best anime this season are the hidden gems. I have personally really enjoyed Ooi! Tonbo and Henjin no Salad Bowl.
May 14, 10:00 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to APolygons2
Dungeon meshi alone would make the season good,at least to me.

Idk what you mean by konosuba being just ok, I'm having a TON of fun with it.

and honestly, s4 and s5 have been a complete treat for date a live fans. the show has never been better.

Spice and wolf has been FANTASTIC, my hero is a show that i personally really like.

I'm not caught up with mushoku tensei, but that is also great from what i have seen.

kaiju n8 and wind breaker seem to be pretty well liked. i haven't started them though.

go go looer ranger could be great by tje end, same with train to the end of the world and the raven does not choose its master.

and then we have the new season of black butler, slime, sound euphonium, and yuru camp.

along with jellyfish can't swim in the night and girls band cry both being banger girl cast music anime.

Not to mention TP bon which looks really interesting, the grimm varitions which was really solid, and baki vs kengan ashura which for the right people is probably the most hype anime of the decade lol

and then all of that is topped with the look back and blue lock movie.
@APolygons2 date a live 5 definitely the best anime of the season. No question. Just look at the poll rankings or corner, trending sugoi. Only shows that were able to pull it off were bleach tybw, oshi no ko at insane hype or bokuyaba.. You practically cannot go on social media without stumbling on spoilers on major things happening.

I think the blue lock movie flop.

But gundam seed freedom probably beats makoto shinkai in pure satisfaction and payoff
May 14, 10:04 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to WatchTillTandava
StateofOhayo said:
Yeah, slime being just like 6 episodes of slow running exposition has been basically torture. Not endless 8 torture, but painful nonetheless. There are some that I am really surprised about like wind breaker, so that's nice but there are others that feel as though they were half baked and churned out by an algorithm. Idk anything about the train one, it just didn't appeal to me in the synopsis. Can you tell me about Astro Note though? And thanks for being congenial, it's always good to disagree, I mean this is like a very diverse community right?

Oh certainly. You'll essentially never see me behave rudely or engage in insults or personal attacks on here or anywhere else online or offline unless and until attacked first, because I'm not that kind of person. There are few things I abhor and detest to the core of my being more than unprovoked rudeness. I wish everyone here on the forum could be civil at all times until someone gave them an actual reason not to, which to me is only being attacked first, so if no one ever did then that reason wouldn't exist for anyone in the first place. It's very sad and annoying - a lamentable state of affairs indeed, that people simply having different interests, opinions, and beliefs gets them attacked.

As for disagreeing, if anything I'd say it's even desirable where honest and fitting. Because it provides an impetus and space for interesting discussions rather than just circlejerks of us all repeating the same things agreeing in unison. And that provides sparks and life to a place. We should always look to be challenging our own ideas and each other's.

The train anime is an anime original and other than a very vague description for a synopsis and a poster which didn't tell people anything, it was basically shrouded in mystery in its extremely minimal advertisement and promotion campaign (at least in English-language material online) in the run-up to its debut. It was basically implied to be a CGDCT Slice of Life about girls riding a train and there was no reason to suspect it would even necessarily have much of a story. I was still planning to watch it because I watch a lot of SoL and don't mind shows about little to nothing or just random conversations and antics, so yeah. But then the first episode went in a radical mindbending direction which completely flipped the expectations of everyone watching it on its head. So it's just one that isn't what it initially seemed.

Regarding Astro Note, it's also an anime original series, but I don't really know why it's so under-discussed and acknowledged this season other than that it's an original (so no manga/light novel/video game/other source material fans to hype it up leading up to it), probably also had little to no promo campaign, and a lot about it feels like more of a retro throwback which maybe isn't as appealing to the majority of the current primary audience of anime viewers? It's a Sci-Fi romcom, but you could gather that just from reading the genres on its archival webpage on MAL.

To try to inform someone what the series is like without spoiling anything, I'd say that it feels almost like if Lilo & Stitch was a romcom anime, for anyone who has ever seen that Disney film. It's about family relationships and different kinds of relationships - strangers to friends, potential romance and multiple different love interests at play, boarding house mates, father and son, people in and trying out new jobs and new homes - a kind of large dysfunctional family brought together by the commonality of a shared residence. It has a more traditional/old-fashioned art style for the characters which I like compared to the look of a lot of newer anime (like more fully-featured faces for the character designs instead of the more sleek extreme minimalist super modern designs) and a colorful and bright vibrant color palette (which some people didn't like, but I do, at least for this series). With the central premise, some things that happen in the plot, and some of the classic and familiar tropes of the romcom genre it feels like a kind of tribute or homage to older 1980s and 90s anime which were its predecessors and people have likened it to Maison Ikkoku (which, I haven't personally seen, but I know what it's about, so the comparison seems accurate enough). There are even some fun Sci-Fi film references and such.

It actually has a pretty elaborate political and Sci-Fi-style plot which influences events every episode and playing out in the background, but at least up to now where we are halfway through its run, it doesn't always strictly focus on that with a lot of dramatic intensity and is more of a lighthearted Slice of Lifey comedic romp with the important and more serious parts of the plot trickled in and balanced out, so my point is that someone doesn't have to be a hardcore SF fan or in the mood for a complicated and intense story to get into it, as it plays it from a pretty fun and laidback angle while having that worldbuilding stuff as a backdrop.

Let me know if that was confusing or if you want/need something else addressed.

@WatchTillTandava Thanks, that was really helpful! I might even pick up the train one!

@ForgotEyeWasHere Salad bowl did catch my eye, though only at a glance. Couldn't say anything yet.
May 14, 10:07 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to StateofOhayo
@WatchTillTandava Yeah, slime being just like 6 episodes of slow running exposition has been basically torture. Not endless 8 torture, but painful nonetheless. There are some that I am really surprised about like wind breaker, so that's nice but there are others that feel as though they were half baked and churned out by an algorithm. Idk anything about the train one, it just didn't appeal to me in the synopsis. Can you tell me about Astro Note though? And thanks for being congenial, it's always good to disagree, I mean this is like a very diverse community right?
@StateofOhayo at this point, slime season 3 has more percentage of negative reviews now than shield hero season 2. Practically impossible to defend it now. Went from like 8.48 down to a 8.08. It might even drop to a 7.

Also the economy is pretty much in ruins. No one has money anymore to buy manga and such. So new series are not getting traction unless they are anime originals which have a finite time.
May 14, 10:10 AM

Apr 2024
eh!
this season is very great for me, tbh
there're a lot of all-girl shows and very less shi*ty edgy male-lead shows so it is a blessing.
May 14, 10:12 AM

Oct 2018
Kimentso no Ayaba is here to save the year, my bro.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 14, 10:45 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@APolygons2 date a live 5 definitely the best anime of the season. No question. Just look at the poll rankings or corner, trending sugoi. Only shows that were able to pull it off were bleach tybw, oshi no ko at insane hype or bokuyaba.. You practically cannot go on social media without stumbling on spoilers on major things happening.

I think the blue lock movie flop.

But gundam seed freedom probably beats makoto shinkai in pure satisfaction and payoff
SpiderMiles3523 said:
date a live 5 definitely the best anime of the season. No question. Just look at the poll rankings or corner, trending sugoi. Only shows that were able to pull it off were bleach tybw, oshi no ko at insane hype or bokuyaba.. You practically cannot go on social media without stumbling on spoilers on major things happening.

Idk about best (although I am a little behind and haven't seen the episode that got to top of the charts yet), but honestly, it's probably my favourite.

Konosuba and spice and wolf are close, but I am a huge fan of date a live. It's not the best anime ever or anything, but damn It I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed every single second of it.

And going from jc staff to this new studio was like a HUGE upgrade.

And even though I don't think I would call date a live as a whole one of the best, kurumi is unironically one of the best written anime characters lol
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 14, 11:34 AM

Oct 2022
The only one I wanted to commit to was Whisper Me a Love Song and that turned out to have a kind of romance I loathe and I dropped it. Not permanently.. I was gonna go back to it but decided to go watch Lycoris Recoil instead- which I am enjoying
May 14, 11:36 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to APolygons2
SpiderMiles3523 said:
date a live 5 definitely the best anime of the season. No question. Just look at the poll rankings or corner, trending sugoi. Only shows that were able to pull it off were bleach tybw, oshi no ko at insane hype or bokuyaba.. You practically cannot go on social media without stumbling on spoilers on major things happening.

Idk about best (although I am a little behind and haven't seen the episode that got to top of the charts yet), but honestly, it's probably my favourite.

Konosuba and spice and wolf are close, but I am a huge fan of date a live. It's not the best anime ever or anything, but damn It I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed every single second of it.

And going from jc staff to this new studio was like a HUGE upgrade.

And even though I don't think I would call date a live as a whole one of the best, kurumi is unironically one of the best written anime characters lol
@APolygons2 this season aots it is almost a no brainer. It is already the highest selling blu ray of the season. No other show came with very little hype and suddenly swept the polls, became talk of the town, excitement.

It had like 10 years of buildup and unloading everything this season. Hard to go on social media without going onto mind blowing twists and spoilers. Even mushoku tensei fans whose novel is often regarded as the best ln series straight up said dal vol 17-19 is better than turning point 4. Usually shows with very high hype like bleach tybw or oshi no ko do that. Bokuyaba is the exception.

Best anime of all time is definitely hard cuz you will probably need to win aoty on certain polling sites like against bokuyaba. Like oshi no ko fell pretty short barely getting top 10 on corner.
May 14, 11:38 AM
Jun 2021
The anime industry has been dead for a long time now, what do you expect?

Okay, all jokes aside I don't think following the hype train every single season is a healthy approach to watching anime. Don't expect anything, you'll be pleasantly surprised and you'll probably enjoy the shows you already liked much more.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 15, 4:53 AM

Jul 2017
It's not great but there are definitely much worse seasons out there at least for me, seasons where the highest I rated a show was like a 5 or 6 (and it was only one) and the rest ranged from incredibly forgettable to downright awful like the Summer 2022 season a while ago and even the Winter 2023 season where I only liked NieR:Automata and disliked every other show (and that anime was affected with delays and I saw a good chunk of the show much later than that season). Mushoku Tensei alone makes this season better than those for me, and there are shows like Yatagarasu that help in giving me more options to care about.
May 15, 5:15 AM
Jun 2023
I agree this spring is pure crap compared to the last spring which was packed with bangers. Its dissapointing.
May 15, 5:31 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to animejas
It's not great but there are definitely much worse seasons out there at least for me, seasons where the highest I rated a show was like a 5 or 6 (and it was only one) and the rest ranged from incredibly forgettable to downright awful like the Summer 2022 season a while ago and even the Winter 2023 season where I only liked NieR:Automata and disliked every other show (and that anime was affected with delays and I saw a good chunk of the show much later than that season). Mushoku Tensei alone makes this season better than those for me, and there are shows like Yatagarasu that help in giving me more options to care about.
@animejas Nier was a lot of fun for the fans (I mean it's on my top 10 all time games list), idk about non-fans. Yatagarasu? Never heard of it, but I'll add. It is true that there have been a number of anime with weird delays due to a number of reasons. The absolute worst anime this season is probably Re: Monster, which had an okay premise that basically turned into a rape fantasy for whatever sick author created it. How the hell this shit got greenlit is beyond me. Most everything else has just been boring or some other kind of disappointment. There are some nice surprises but mostly this just doesn't feel like spring anime usually does. Just a subjective opinion, but it's been rather tiring to get through episodes.
May 15, 6:03 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Nanami0007
I'm glad im enjoying a couple of anime this season, pretty satisfying actually

Also Kaiju 8 is a pretty nice surprise, very enjoyable
@Nanami0007 I agree, there are quite a lot of options, especially if you give the creators/animators some leeway and understand that there is a shift happening and stuff like Kaijuu, Wind Breaker and Re:Monster (which I really like 'cause I'm a sucker for that genre and now there's a rougher main character) are just the beginning, we'll see a lot of good animes in the nearby future.
May 15, 6:07 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Binger001
@Nanami0007 I agree, there are quite a lot of options, especially if you give the creators/animators some leeway and understand that there is a shift happening and stuff like Kaijuu, Wind Breaker and Re:Monster (which I really like 'cause I'm a sucker for that genre and now there's a rougher main character) are just the beginning, we'll see a lot of good animes in the nearby future.
@Binger001 My only gripe with Kaiju is the dude is 32, which is really young, and considered peak male age. There is no reason he should be so weak and slow given that he's been gunning for a position his whole life. There's just no excuse and I feel the ageism is not really addressed at all.
Also Re: Monster may be the worst isekai I have ever seen, I really don't know what you see in it. Wind breaker I totally agree it's been a pleasant surprise.
May 15, 6:07 AM

Jun 2019
This season hasn't been especially good, but then I only tend to pick up a handful of shows as they're airing. Also I feel like Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 were exceptional with Frieren, Apothecary Diaries, Dangers in my Heart S2, Girlfriend Girlfriend S2, Ancient Magus Bride S2, Metallic Rouge and Dungeon Meshi. Tsukimichi Moonlight has been pretty good as well.

Only show I'm really enjoying so far is Astro Note, particularly as it reminds me of Maison Ikkoku (which I finished last week) and Urusei Yatsura mashed together. Mushoku Tensei S2Pt2 is good and Konosuba is funny. Waiting for Date A Live S5 to finish airing then I'll binge it. Everything else I'm watching that's airing (Train to Nowhere, Angel in my Apartment, Archdemon's Dilema) is just ok.

In terms of new shows it hasn't been the best. Also waiting for Jellyfish Can't Swim to finish then will binge that one also.

Can't wait for Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest next season, been too long since Erza graced our screens.
May 15, 6:11 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to StateofOhayo
@Binger001 My only gripe with Kaiju is the dude is 32, which is really young, and considered peak male age. There is no reason he should be so weak and slow given that he's been gunning for a position his whole life. There's just no excuse and I feel the ageism is not really addressed at all.
Also Re: Monster may be the worst isekai I have ever seen, I really don't know what you see in it. Wind breaker I totally agree it's been a pleasant surprise.
@StateofOhayo Considering the anime casts are always high schoolers/middle schoolers this is an improvement.

May 15, 6:15 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to 23feanor
This season hasn't been especially good, but then I only tend to pick up a handful of shows as they're airing. Also I feel like Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 were exceptional with Frieren, Apothecary Diaries, Dangers in my Heart S2, Girlfriend Girlfriend S2, Ancient Magus Bride S2, Metallic Rouge and Dungeon Meshi. Tsukimichi Moonlight has been pretty good as well.

Only show I'm really enjoying so far is Astro Note, particularly as it reminds me of Maison Ikkoku (which I finished last week) and Urusei Yatsura mashed together. Mushoku Tensei S2Pt2 is good and Konosuba is funny. Waiting for Date A Live S5 to finish airing then I'll binge it. Everything else I'm watching that's airing (Train to Nowhere, Angel in my Apartment, Archdemon's Dilema) is just ok.

In terms of new shows it hasn't been the best. Also waiting for Jellyfish Can't Swim to finish then will binge that one also.

Can't wait for Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest next season, been too long since Erza graced our screens.
@23feanor You're the second person to mention Astro Note, I did add it and can't wait to see it...since we are past mid season (barely? some shows are beyond, some behind) it might be nice to see what it's like. I think I'll go in blind, not even a synopsis, just totally fresh so I can enjoy it fully. Date a Live just had a CRAZY episode so I'm on the edge of my seat but as I said in that forum, I think a total rewatch is in order. Mushoku Tensei is fairly relaxed right now, but that's for obvious reasons and honestly it's always been a more narrative and character driven story so it's nice to see, but I wouldn't call it great, just "good and fun". Konosuba is funny as expected, but one has to ask themselves if there is an actual narrative direction here, it's hard to say.

And yeah, Frieren was just short of being a masterpiece. That show was definitely AOTS at the least.
May 15, 6:36 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to 23feanor

@23feanor I would recommend watching date a live 5 as soon as it comes out. A lot of mind-blowing spoilers including major events and twists. Already on track to win aots on corner, sugoi, trendinf
May 15, 6:50 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to meyve
@StateofOhayo Considering the anime casts are always high schoolers/middle schoolers this is an improvement.
@meyve True, I really would like to see more anime with an adult cast.
May 15, 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
Ehhh not like I really mind much cause all anime seasons have their fair shares of rotten apples anyways. So I can’t really be too picky considering my usual bar standard nowadays.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Yesterday

33 by MadanielFL »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps. ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

54 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
14 minutes ago

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

23 by APolygons2 »»
17 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

66 by weebtoge »»
20 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

51 by FanofAction »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.