Forum Settings
Forums

has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ?

New
Apr 16, 8:45 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
well, the big 3 (Naruto, OP and Bleach) is extremely famous among local anime fans i.e. on socials although things are changing a bit, anyways was curious if the majority of people here have watched it or not ?
if yes - why did you watch it ?
if no - why haven't you watched it ?

⋆ i watched Naruto, some of Bleach by the time i would finish Bleach and try OP, i didnt like it - i realised i no longer enjoy such kind of battle shounen with terrible pacing and cliche characters.

it's a cruel world out there
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 8:49 PM

Sep 2022
I haven't seen any of the big three because they are too long for me and don't look like the type of anime I'd enjoy.
Apr 16, 8:56 PM

Oct 2019
I haven't seen any.

I feel like they wouldn't be worth it. they are stupid long, and from what I've gotten by public perception, as a whole they are like a 7 or 8/10.

I WILL watch the wit studio remake of one piece though.

And I would be lying if I said I didn't want to watch bleach just to watch the adaptation of this final arc.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 16, 8:59 PM

Dec 2022
Haven't watched any. Too long for me. I've only seen the first few episodes of them.
Apr 16, 9:00 PM

May 2021
I clocked in 80 episodes of Bleach, threw it on hold a few months ago and haven't ran it back yet. I do really want to watch it at some point though.

Never watched One Piece or Naruto. I've considered watching original Naruto but I don't have time for it. My old roommate was grinding it for a while and I caught some here and there but haven't actually sat down and watched it. For One Piece, I live vicariously through my friends.

Oct 2019
I read two of them (bleach and Naruto).I have on hold bleach (I finish when I am back on Disney plus after watching LOGH on Hidive and hxh on Netflix). I watch one piece by arc to not get burned I am at marineFord(thinking of adding it on my list when I am back on crunchyroll). As for Naruto Shippuden it's part of my 3 Cours+ series that I watch one at the time unless some exceptions (why now I have both LOGH and Nana in watching).
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:

escuseeee meee ?? when did this happen ??

Apr 16, 9:02 PM

Aug 2018
Nah. Because battle shounen is terrible and seems like a genre catered towards the mentally deficient.
Apr 16, 9:05 PM

Sep 2018
I seen all 3. I would say
Naruto>One Piece>Bleach ignoring Boruto. I still need to watch the final season of bleach though.
They all have a lot of good aspects. Safe starter anime.
rohan121Apr 16, 9:19 PM
Apr 16, 9:06 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
epidemia78 said:
nah. Because battle shounen is terrible and seems like a genre catered towards the mentally deficient.

👽👽👽👽 girl - chiiiiii
you don't have to refer to that genre like that !!!

battle shounen is fun and entertaining when made in short like 24-50 episodes, it def doesnt need much brain or critical thinking but yeah 100% agree on any battle shounen with 100, 200...even 1000 episodes like pure level of zombies cuz my brain be dead - dead.

Apr 16, 9:06 PM

Aug 2016
only OP and Naruto. might give bleach a chance someday, but damn, over 70 volumes is a lot.
:v
Apr 16, 9:08 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
rohan121 said:
Naruto>One Piece>Bleach ignoring Boruto.

why is that ? (genuinely asking not trolling istg) because people often say naruto is the worst of em and since i havent watched all i cant tell

Apr 16, 9:09 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to ame
APolygons2 said:

escuseeee meee ?? when did this happen ??

@ame Wait, you didn't know?

They announced it last year: https://myanimelist.net/anime/57557/The_One_Piece?q=The%20one%20piece&cat=anime
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 16, 9:09 PM

Oct 2019
Started with Naruto and bits of One Piece growing up. Sometime in middle school, I started watching and catching up on Shippuden. Did the same for Bleach but stopped during Captain fight against espada. Fast forward to end of high school, knew how bleach anime ended but wanted to see for myself so i picked off where i left and finished and now im currently watching the TYBW. For one piece, seen it on 4Kids and toonami here and there but it felt daunting to watch and wasnt sure if id like the sillyness of the show. Then i made the effort several years back to catch up before the 1000 ep. Took me like 7 months to fully catch up and now im enjoying it.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Apr 16, 9:11 PM

Feb 2017
I've only watched One Piece, and don't really plan on watching the others
Apr 16, 9:12 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:
They announced it last year

i wasnt active much last year, i am just hearing now... just one question W H Y ??
the original one isnt done airing, is loved more than it deserves and... is 1000+ long !!

I AM ....SHOCKED.

Apr 16, 9:14 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
@FireRifle64 damn !! honestly for most people id say "get a job" (jk) but for how you said seems like you had a fun journey watching all of them throughout your childhood !!! :)

Apr 16, 9:16 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to ame
APolygons2 said:
They announced it last year

i wasnt active much last year, i am just hearing now... just one question W H Y ??
the original one isnt done airing, is loved more than it deserves and... is 1000+ long !!

I AM ....SHOCKED.
@ame The thing about one piece is, if not for the horrible pacing, the entirety of what has been adapted would be like 300 or so episodes worth of content. which is still a lot, but it's less than a third of the series.

Add the fact that early one piece is fairly aged from what I have heard, and it's not surprising that they green lit a remake of the first arc. One piece is more popular than ever, and the only thing stopping some people from watching it, is it's length and pacing.

So, the market is there with every one piece fan watching it and it also being perfect for new comers, and it makes logical sense, to recreate one piece with good pacing.

Also available at:

Apr 16, 9:16 PM

Jun 2020
Seen Naruto and Bleach. One Piece is the only one of the 3 i won't watch.
Apr 16, 9:18 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to ame
epidemia78 said:
nah. Because battle shounen is terrible and seems like a genre catered towards the mentally deficient.

👽👽👽👽 girl - chiiiiii
you don't have to refer to that genre like that !!!

battle shounen is fun and entertaining when made in short like 24-50 episodes, it def doesnt need much brain or critical thinking but yeah 100% agree on any battle shounen with 100, 200...even 1000 episodes like pure level of zombies cuz my brain be dead - dead.
@ame

Sorry. it's just that the tropes of the genre irritates me to no end and I resent it's popularity. Battle shounen is 100% to blame for the negative stereotype of anime fans.
Apr 16, 9:24 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:
the only thing stopping some people from watching it, is it's length and pacing.

you know what, totally makes sense - i can see why !! 1000 episodes is the biggest repellent for common masses who are busy and hardly have time to spend that much time on just one show !! if they squeezed it to a more apt pace, id really love to see Zoro 😍

Apr 16, 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to ame
rohan121 said:
Naruto>One Piece>Bleach ignoring Boruto.

why is that ? (genuinely asking not trolling istg) because people often say naruto is the worst of em and since i havent watched all i cant tell
@ame
Naruto fights tend to use the most amount of tactics in general, and are always a spectacle. The hand to hand combat is easily the best of the 3 while Naruto also contains the most impactful villains. One Piece has nice world building with weaker fights. It takes a big hit from the slow pacing ch/episode format in recent arcs that last way too long like Dressrosa and Wano. Bleach is the weakest of the 3 for having the weakest plot though it does have a few redeeming features and arcs.
Apr 16, 9:25 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Nyarly-Kanamin said:
Seen Naruto and Bleach. One Piece is the only one of the 3 i won't watch.

why is that ? is there something you dont like about OP ??

Apr 16, 9:29 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
epidemia78 said:
Sorry. it's just that the tropes of the genre irritates me to no end and I resent it's popularity. Battle shounen is 100% to blame for the negative stereotype of anime fans.

i resent its fans !! lmao - with burning passion. they are annoying and loud and have never watched good varieties to even compare. its popular because as you pointed - it doesnt need a lot of critical thinking so every crowd watches it with brain turned off.

Apr 16, 9:29 PM
Nov 2022
I watched all of bleach, but only watched one episode of Naruto and one piece
Apr 16, 9:30 PM

Aug 2021
idk how long but I plan to start bleach
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 9:33 PM

Feb 2022
I've seen One Piece and Bleach, started Naruto but I've had it on hold for about a year now though I plan to go ahead and finish it this year.
Apr 16, 9:40 PM

Aug 2020
Currently at ep 139 of Bleach. Haven't seen the rest but i HAVE seen quite a lot of One Piece clips and random eps in addition to doing further readings of my own on its wiki after that so despite that, i know a shit ton about its lore and certain plot points.
Apr 16, 9:44 PM
May 2012
I did watch Naruto but I'll never watch Boruto.
I did watch Bleach, even the new one but something felt really off, just like Orihime, what exactly did she do? why was she there? I really felt it was milked.
I did watch One Piece till Wano arc because I can't stand Oden I have to stop watching every time he appears and I'm kind stuck there, I think only watching "one pace" project will get me out of there but they are so behind covering the episodes.
All of them have so many episodes that there are arcs I loved and arcs I hated but I have to admit that towards the end the quality dropped for everyone.
Apr 16, 9:45 PM
Jun 2021
I watched a bit of all three but dropped them except one piece which I might continue at some point
Apr 16, 9:49 PM

Feb 2020
"has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ?"

None of the three.
Apr 16, 9:51 PM

Apr 2021
Ive seen the 3 of them, the only one that i hold high in esteem is one piece. Naruto was like the 2nd anime i watched, and at the time it was good, there are still some impactful scenes i would watch in youtube. With bleach, i liked soul society arc and after that pretty much everything was boring to me except for some scenes from time to time, i actually dropped it in the final arc they are currently animating.
Apr 16, 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
I have not and never will watch any of those.

I hate battle shonen, they are idiotic. I liked Gintama until near the end when it went to 3 month long battles which were boring.
Apr 16, 10:08 PM

Jan 2022
I have seen Naruto in its entirety(not Boruto though,don't plan to) have also seen Bleach, caught up with the final arc as well, they are doing a great job. As for One Piece, I am reading the manga, I read it with like breaks in between, currently nearing the 500 chapter mark, post Water 7 basically.

As for why? Because I wanted to see why they're so popular. And honestly speaking, I have not been disappointed. Sure they aren't like my favourite shows of all time. But I still enjoyed them quite a bit. I will say that it's pretty repetitive and cliched but I kinda like that sometimes. Battle shounen isn't my calling per se. But every now and then I watch one and I enjoy it. Like I recently watched the first season of My Hero and really liked it 😂
Apr 16, 10:14 PM

May 2021
Am caught up on both One Piece and Bleach. As for Naruto, I completed the original anime and am currently on episode 29 of Shippuden.
Echidna best waifu :D
Apr 16, 10:18 PM
Jul 2017
Naruto and Shippuden was the first anime I have ever seen, I completed all of Bleach (But did not see TYBW yet), and i dropped One Piece at the start of Whole Cake Island.
Apr 16, 10:30 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to epidemia78
@ame

@epidemia78 You say that but there wouldn't BE any anime fans left if they didn't make battle shounens. Also battle shounens represent the most different and categorically anime thing that makes animation different from live action. Fantastical action sequences that would cost millions of dollars to produce in a live action show can be produced better and for far less money. It's what defines anime.
Read Toriko!
Apr 16, 10:30 PM

Dec 2020
Will watch all of them at some point.

Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Nov 2021
Naruto - Fucking garbage

One piece - One piece has lot of flaws but it’s fun, currently it’s my favourite shounen, just above FMAB. I’d recommend manga since it’s lot easier to get into op this way.

Bleech - i’m not even gonna bother watching this one.
Apr 16, 10:41 PM

Jun 2021
I have seen Naruto and bleach up to thousand year blood war cour 1. Since, I have already read bleach manga I don't plan to watch bleach anime anymore. Although I heard the bleach author is working with the anime staff to improve the terrible last arc but I'm still not going to continue it. As for One piece I haven't watch the anime but read 1 volume of manga it was enjoyable but I was busy at that time so I dropped it. I will wait for the remake of wit studio.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 16, 11:51 PM

May 2018
What's the point of watching all the battle shounen in the world? One or two are enough.
Aside of some unique traits, in their core they are very similar and quite repetitive (which is how you make such a long shows).
Apr 16, 11:57 PM
Sep 2016
I finished Bleach and original Naruto. For Shippuden, I can't find the excitement back after Madara's death. Still watching One Piece and I also don't find that I need to watch 1000 Years Blood war Bleach.
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
I watched One Piece because I started it as a teenager on German TV many years ago.
Then I watched Bleach because my brother enjoyed it and recommended it to me.
After that I watched Naruto because I enjoyed One Piece and Bleach a lot, so I hoped it would be as good. (It wasn't)
Apr 17, 12:01 AM

Nov 2019
i grew up during the Toonami boom here in the U.S. so I was exposed to all of them. I vastly preferred Naruto and Bleach over One Piece because 4Kidz happened to One Piece... Garbage but extremely funny now looking back at how badly they botched it.

Few years ago, I decided to read The Big Three and liked them all more now since all their anime adaptations all have either glacial pacing or are fighting for the crown of highest filler percentage of all time (sometimes even spliced into a mostly canon episode...). One Piece being the series my opinion has changed on the most drastically. Even to the point of it being my new favorite of them all followed by Naruto and then Bleach.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Apr 17, 12:28 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know what makes them "the big 3" unless we're talking about needless length, but I understand that they're crap, so no, I haven't bothered trying them.
Apr 17, 12:44 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
None of them, but I'd go for Bleach for sure if I had to choose one to watch

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 17, 12:51 AM

Mar 2023
I have watched all of them but never finish any og them.
Apr 17, 1:03 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Spunkert said:
I have watched all of them but never finish any og them.

why is that ? did you lose enthusiasm ? energy? interest ?

Apr 17, 1:05 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Vendicator said:
currently on episode 29 of Shippuden.

did you enjoy the og series ? or are u enjoying the shippuden more ?

Apr 17, 1:07 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
logopolis said:
I don't know what makes them "the big 3"

'The three series are known as the Big 3 because of their worldwide popularity and length. They were also the three biggest Weekly Shonen Jump franchises, and the three series that became very popular in the west in the mid-2000s. The Big 3 are also important in establishing the trend of following anime and manga week by week.'

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - Yesterday

40 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - 11 hours ago

21 by justanormi »»
5 minutes ago

» I was on YouTube and I saw this craziest anime community post

Kiryotsu - 1 hour ago

5 by Stomiks »»
5 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 1 hour ago

5 by Stomiks »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

64 by TransferUser »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.