Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 22, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Rentt is a character that isn't afraid of taking risks so to get stronger, he'll do whatever it takes.

Episode didn't feel much different compared to others though. More background storytelling too. I'm surprised they even added more into the finale. Felt underwhelming imo. The series itself is ok but nothing too special.
Mar 22, 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
Rentt... the only person to have been human, skeleton, ghoul, undead, and now a vampire.

The blood of the vampire inherited from the Latour family, while believed to facilitate evolutionary enhancements upon consumption, has no recorded instances of humans drinking it and surviving intact. Nevertheless, in his pursuit of strength, Rentt decides to consume the vampire blood. When questioned by Lorraine as to why he would risk his life to become a mithril-rank adventurer, Rentt begins to recount his own past.

Lorraine's tsundere attitude always gets a laugh. Rentt's reason for becoming an adventurer makes sense - he's not just seeking revenge, but also wants to protect his loved ones and prevent past tragedies. Instead of taking the easy route like Goblin Slayer, he's set on defeating one specific enemy and reaching mithril rank. It's nice to see what everyone's been up to, especially Rina, who made a big impact despite her short appearance. And Rentt's progress toward regaining his humanity is encouraging.

Every step brings Rentt closer to his goal: defeating the creature that destroyed his family and becoming a mithril-ranked adventurer. And of course, becoming human once more.

Even though it's a typical fantasy anime, it's still enjoyable. I wouldn't mind seeing a second season.

Mar 22, 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
To become a Mythril-class adventurer: to or not to be a vampire? This is Lorraine's reply to Rentt, though it puts him on reservation.

Love compels one to do things for the other, and Lorraine's reaction to Rentt is probably just as juxtapositioning as the guy who wants to become someone admirable from a young age. And said adventurer from a young age, has been put in peril with his parents traveling to a nearby village, only to be toyed with his friend of Jinlin against a wolf monster, with a capable Mythril-class adventurer named Wilfried Ryukker shielding him from harm and chasing it away. That, with his advice of telling him to go to the village and have them train him until he turns 15 to join the Adventurer's Guild, that has been his life ever since. And that, solidifies his reasoning to drink the vampire blood and turn more human.

Thankfully, this Existential Evolution did not peer him off to the evil side, as life benign back to normalcy in Maalt, and his evolution is a success, finally making him look more like a human, with the exception of his obviously red vampire eyes, a face that Lorraine has not seen since his unforuntate undead adventures.

Welcome home, Rentt Faina.

Next to Saihate no Paladin a.k.a The Faraway Paladin, this show has now become one of my favorite old-school fantasy shows.
Enjoyable, and wouldn't mind a Season 2.
Mar 22, 7:04 AM
Jul 2023
Rentt story is an interesting one. the complexity of his situation is rarely seen in typical fantasy setting that involves one’s gain of power.

The struggle between his new undead nature and his former life as an adventurer, having to rebuild his reputation and social connections to ultimately fulfill his life long dream.

How he has to gain power in order to regain his former life and his human feature, but in gaining power, turning him more monstrous in nature almost made him lose himself and more importantly, everything.

At the end, he acknowledged and accepted his new found power but refusing succumb fully to it, remembering what he accomplished, his ambition, and the with of a very close friend, he become something else, not fully a monster but not fully human either, what certainty is he still himself.
Mar 22, 7:14 AM

Oct 2017
Surprisingly good finale, liked it quite a bit actually and made me wanting more now. Good to see Rentt looking back normal, even as a vampire. Good Lorraine x Rentt moment too there. Hoping for their ship to sail at some point. Rentt better not make her wait long. The scenes with the other characters in between were nice too. Backstory was nothing out of ordinary and okay.

Decent fantasy anime which was okay for most part but enjoyable, a bit slow at times but I had fun. Would like to watch more, specially after the finale.
Mar 22, 7:20 AM

Apr 2011
Backstory was shortened by big chunk, completely leaving out some characters, but it shouldn't be issue even if get 2nd season one day and episode as whole worked really well imho.
Mar 22, 7:23 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't expect a revenge story like Lorraine too, experiencing this as a five-year-old child is brutal.

Show managed to be fun til the end. Good characters with a decent worldbuilding and a solid consistent story. I'm gonna miss the interactions between Lorraine and Rentt and I wanted to see more of his next evolutions and journeys. Too bad this was the last episode, hope we'll get a second season soon.
Mar 22, 7:40 AM

Apr 2022
Well, we reached at least one goal by the end of this season. Even if it's some sort of a lesser vampire, Rentt still pretty much is a vampire now. The next season better come soon, cause I enjoyed it quite a bit! Let our undead boy be a Mythrill adventurer! Let him meet the first adventurer he met! There's still plenty of untapped potential in this series, so I'm hoping for a budget bump in the future, too. I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help it...
Mar 22, 7:53 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Thought the idea was very good, but unfortunately the implementation is only mediocre. 5/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 22, 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
That's a good ending. So that's why He wants to become a mytril-class adventure. Now he looks like a vampire minion rather than a skeleton or zombie XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 22, 7:57 AM

Feb 2024
What an anime 😮‍💨, it didn’t have that much action but I loved the non-action scenes that it made up for it, rentt as a character is so charming and caring despite being a undead. Can’t wait for season 2 when it’s announced
Mar 22, 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
What a lovely way to end a lovely story. 😭
One of the best stories wonderfully adapted this season.

I seriously loved her reactions throughout this episode. I will seriously miss this series.

@Tenzen12 Yes, it was cut back but it's nothing significant, for now. I just hope they eventually adapt it if we ever get a sequel.
CrazyButNot4UMar 22, 8:03 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 22, 8:03 AM
Sep 2015
I want a sequel, I want to witness when he reach greater vampire (or even beyond, demon lord? who knows!)

But I don't want to see a sad backstory ever again. I don't believe in "no pain, no gain" concept.
Mar 22, 8:15 AM

Aug 2019
I can only applaud this anime; the ending is well done. The delivery of the anime is simple, but that simplicity is what makes this anime special. I will look forward to season 2 if possible.
Mar 22, 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
I will miss simping for Lorraine. She is so hot, cute, sexy, elegant and beautiful.

Good show, nice adventuring without relying on hype fights. Its calm and I like that for a change. I will probably pick up the manga, I had a quick look and the art seems good.
Comander-07Mar 22, 8:48 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 22, 8:49 AM
May 2021
Worth to watch and then read manga
Mar 22, 9:09 AM
Nov 2013
episode was good, just missing 1 fight to know he's new power
Mar 22, 9:30 AM

Dec 2018
Really interesting show packed with feels, I'd love season 2.
Mar 22, 9:30 AM
Feb 2020
Pretty good fantasy series,grounded story but pretty detailed.Did lost a bit of steam after the labyrinth but picked it up again last 2 ep.High 7/10
Mar 22, 9:53 AM

Feb 2019
Great finale as expected from a series that’s been criminally underviewed. Seeing Rentt’s backstory in his hometown and all the loss he went thru was critical to understand his motivations for drinking the vampire blood and wanting to get stronger.

A lot of people talk about this story being so slow and not a lot happening, but I didn’t mind that at all. The character interactions were so well done and the emphasis on Rentt’s personal development separated it from typical fantasy series. Like in this episode we basically got the flashback and then Rentt drinking the blood, but I was locked in for the entire runtime. Just a really gripping series I’ll miss.

“Welcome Home Rentt Faina” 😭 kinda thought Lorraine would confess there, but that’s more of her style. Very sweet ending and definitely got me interested enough to buy the LN to see where they go from here. How their relationship develops, finding the adventurer Rentt looked up to and his continued evolution as a vampire. Feels like the prologue is over and the real story is beginning right at the end.

One of my faves this season for sure 👌
Marinate1016Mar 22, 10:14 AM
Mar 22, 10:19 AM

May 2019
Such a good finale

That "welcome home,Rentt Faina" bit is just so satisfying to hear after 12 episodes,wish we got season 2 to see the development of all the characters

Mar 22, 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
Another fake hero's journey. A death that makes him stronger, a cursed mask that is actually a boon, needing blood but in insignificant quantities and it's forgotten as soon as he travels, women throwing themselves at him etc. All in all another miserable fail of a show.
Mar 22, 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
I went into this anime without knowing anything, think that it would be another generic power fantasy anime. I was so wrong. The ending is so satisfying, especially with that music. I like how the anime give me just enough information to comprehend the story, but not too much to ruin the mysteries. There are so much more to uncover. I can't wait for season 2.

Mar 22, 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
Big sad this ended; good watch. Really solid anime with nice non-rushed progression.

Also Lorraine too hot to have this guy be so oblivious.
Mar 22, 10:39 AM
Jul 2023
Love the last of the ending scene man i hope they are together ast the end
Mar 22, 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with learning Rentt's backstory and his successful evolution into a vampire.

Boy, we've been having quite a few skeleton protagonists in recent years now haven't we? Granted Rentt didn't stay one for long, but still. I enjoyed this series quite a bit. I was eager to see where Rentt's evolutions went and I enjoyed seeing him interact with the rest of the cast. That his love interest of sorts Lorraine was stunningly beautiful didn't hurt either lol. I would absolutely watch a second season if we got one, but am skeptical it will come. Solid 7/10.
Mar 22, 10:42 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So Rentt says his reason for becoming a mythril class adventurer isn’t very interesting, then he proceeds to the tell the tale of his family dying and how he was saved by a mythril class adventurer lol, it was pretty interesting to me. And the fight scene between the adventurer and that wolf monster looked pretty nice, lots of close ups but good looking for sure, and this definitely gives Rentt’s goal a lot more meaning, it’s fitting for the final episode. And becoming a vampire wasn’t a walk in the park, as it appeared Rentt nearly lost himself but Lorraine pulled him back to reality and now we have a Rentt that is definitely a vampire but looks a lot more human now than he ever did. And those last two scenes between Rentt and Lorraine were very nice to end on, not sure where the story goes from here but I felt it was a satisfying stopping point.

This was quite the unique fantasy anime, I especially found myself liking the world building and the aspect of Rentt getting stronger by evolving over time, it was a different kind of journey than usual, going from a deadhead to the end goal of becoming a vampire was a fun ride. And I was surprised by how little we saw of who I thought would be a main character, being Rina, and instead it was really Lorraine who was the female lead and kept Rentt’s head straight over the course of his long strange trip, and I liked this aspect of the show a lot as well. I also gotta mention the ost in this show, it really helps with the atmosphere and getting immersed, not to mention the OP which was a very cool song, as well as the ED which hooked me from the start and is one of those rare times where I can say it might just be my number 1 from this season, it’s so good.

A Season 2 would be cool to see for this since despite the goal of Rentt becoming a vampire being reached, he still has not become a mythril class adventurer so in that aspect I feel things are just getting started, so of course I’d love another season of this.
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Apr 2022
a short story but okay i enjoyed it... doesnt seem to have a second season for this... but fine

dont mind some ova with extra content
Mar 22, 10:52 AM
Aug 2017
If that's an ending, I guess we at least got some kind of closure and if there is no second season, the two will forever travel together looking for that adventurer.
Mar 22, 10:54 AM

Mar 2021
This was one of the satisfying series of Winter 2024. Even though it initially got some criticism for the use of CGI, it got better with each episode.
Mar 22, 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
This anime was about Rentt? Oh man, I really thought it was about Lorraine.

Nooooo!! I'm gonna miss my waifu!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 22, 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Sokah
Another fake hero's journey. A death that makes him stronger, a cursed mask that is actually a boon, needing blood but in insignificant quantities and it's forgotten as soon as he travels, women throwing themselves at him etc. All in all another miserable fail of a show.
@Sokah There wasn't really any hero journey in first place. This is slice of life show. Only boon mask bring is that it hides his face and it was bought for that purpose. Blood need was addressed.

Also we are talking about whole two women and only one of them has any significant screentime.
Mar 22, 12:06 PM

Nov 2022
Nice and pleasant end :)

The way they wrapped things up SCREAMS season 2 tho, so we'll be waiting!

And of course, Lorraine is mighty fine as always ;)
Mar 22, 12:08 PM

Nov 2022
Reply to Janethan23
This anime was about Rentt? Oh man, I really thought it was about Lorraine.

Nooooo!! I'm gonna miss my waifu!
@Janethan23 pov: you're Rentt in season 2
Mar 22, 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
another anime ended, damn this season went by so fast lol

we got to see his flashback and know why he wanted to become a mythril class, rip his family and the girl
the guy who saved him was also a mythril class and he told him how to become one
ofc we know how that turned out, 20 years in training and still bronze lol

tho, thanks to his luck, he got stronger by dying and reviving as an undead, and now as a vampire, he basically looks like his old self apart from his red eyes and the little wings that he can hide anyway

apart from Rent... we also had other characters
Loraine, Sheila and the other adventurers (like the couple and the blonde) were also fun to watch

i'm not sure what to rate this, so i'll go ahead and give it an 8, it was a good anime, hopefully there's a season 2 someday
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 22, 1:00 PM

Oct 2008
So it ended with a successful transformation and the reveal of the past. Really enjoyed the ride, kind of sad it ends here. Enjoyed this much more than the manga, a solid adaptation.
Mar 22, 1:13 PM

Mar 2022
This one was nice and cozy, but as is the case way to many times, it fizzled out in the second half. It attracted by the slightly slice of life, down to earth, adventurer who is very experienced, but kind of a pushover, so when he gets a slightly stronger body and a "face" that makes him isolated, he finally has a chance to advance at his own pace.

This quickly gets thrown out of the window in place of standard LN "the weakest becomes the strongest through the power of plot" and it gets even more ridiculous in the manga ahead.
So... a nice 7/10 or whatever from me.

Lorraine is top tier waifu tho
Mar 22, 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that's a solid backstory for wanting to become a Mythril-class adventurer. Poor Rentt.

So Rentt got his fully human appearance back. I thought there were going to be a few more steps until that but it makes sense to have a full season with that goal and it feels good for him.

It was nice to see Rina with Ryze and Laura but why the hell was she on the promotional poster side by side with Rentt? We've barely seen her xD.

I'll take your word for it Rentt, I hope Lorraine will join you on future adventures. It's exciting to see what he can do now as a vampire but sadly, this is already over.

I finally got to catch up with the series this week and it's been great to follow Rentt's adventures in his quest to regain his humanity while helping people along the way. Lorrarine has been wonderful, I've loved her since the first episode and I'm going to miss her.

Hopefully we can get to see more of this series in the future.
Mar 22, 1:38 PM

Nov 2023
I didn't like how they cut a majority of his backstory, but the ending was good regardless.

It's one of the better fantasies out there, and I'm hoping a Season 2 happens.
Mar 22, 1:47 PM
May 2021
This anime was way better than I expected! Definitely caught my attention at first and seemed interesting. I would like to see Rentt continue to evolve and get stronger and see him get closer with both Lorraine and Sheila. And of course meet that blonde girl again someday.
Mar 22, 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Lorraine is such a good character. Total support and understanding without the harping and no trying to change the MC.
Mar 22, 2:47 PM
Apr 2023
The title couldn't of been further from the truth, "The Undead Unwanted adventurer" the MC isn't disliked by anyone he's just undead and self conscious about it. Literally no one seems to care he's undead beyond the 1st chick who meets him as a ghoul. Some of the most lackluster storytelling.
Mar 22, 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
I appreciated this series, not a masterpiece but a solid entertaining anime, interesting plot and fascinating astmosphere, and... Lorraine was a bonus.
I would watch a season 2.
Mar 22, 3:53 PM
Jun 2015
Reply to Tenzen12
Backstory was shortened by big chunk, completely leaving out some characters, but it shouldn't be issue even if get 2nd season one day and episode as whole worked really well imho.
@Tenzen12

Agreed. They trimmed out some stuff with Rina as well as some of the monster stuff. Really didn't expect them to do his backstory NOW since it comes up a bit later. Overall a pretty solid decent adaption.
Mar 22, 4:05 PM

Sep 2016
It was kinda funny when Rentt was floating naked in that shallow water and had no phallus XD
Mar 22, 4:21 PM
Apr 2015
I'm really happy this series got an anime adaptation and I enjoyed watching it every week. There isn't much to say that hasn't been said already, either here or in the reviews. I guess I'm happy with that we have gotten in these twelve episodes, rather than sad that it ended. I really can't see this anime becoming succesful enough to get a second season, but who knows.

KANLen09 said:
The Faraway Paladin

While I wasn't entirely satisfied with the first season of Saihate no Paladin, I did get a lot of enjoyment from the second season. It's very to-the-point, and like you said, kinda old-school.

Marinate1016 said:
Very sweet ending and definitely got me interested enough to buy the LN to see where they go from here.

I can't recommend the LN enough. Been reading it for years and it's one of my favorites. I'm still surprised the anime managed to adapt it decently enough. But as there isn't much action, I feel it has a much more niche audience among anime watchers. It's more slice-of-life in a sense than anything else.

Speaking of favorites, what series can you recommend? I haven't really been watching much anime the past years partially because I got tired of typical anime tropes, and every time I check back in I don't really see anything fresh.

TheColonel76 said:
I also gotta mention the ost in this show, it really helps with the atmosphere and getting immersed

Yeah, the music has been great. I hope the OST will land on YouTube or something.
Mar 22, 4:24 PM

Feb 2019
Gameboon said:
I'm really happy this series got an anime adaptation and I enjoyed watching it every week. There isn't much to say that hasn't been said already, either here or in the reviews. I guess I'm happy with that we have gotten in these twelve episodes, rather than sad that it ended. I really can't see this anime becoming succesful enough to get a second season, but who knows.

KANLen09 said:
The Faraway Paladin

While I wasn't entirely satisfied with the first season of Saihate no Paladin, I did get a lot of enjoyment from the second season. It's very to-the-point, and like you said, kinda old-school.

Marinate1016 said:
Very sweet ending and definitely got me interested enough to buy the LN to see where they go from here.

I can't recommend the LN enough. Been reading it for years and it's one of my favorites. I'm still surprised the anime managed to adapt it decently enough. But as there isn't much action, I feel it has a much more niche audience among anime watchers. It's more slice-of-life in a sense than anything else.

Speaking of favorites, what series can you recommend? I haven't really been watching much anime the past years partially because I got tired of typical anime tropes, and every time I check back in I don't really see anything fresh.

TheColonel76 said:
I also gotta mention the ost in this show, it really helps with the atmosphere and getting immersed

Yeah, the music has been great. I hope the OST will land on YouTube or something.

86 first of all, if you haven’t seen it. Then vivy, frieren and kusuriya, Bokuyaba, OnK, Onimai etc depends what you like normally. Anime in general is better than ever and getting better every season
Mar 22, 4:32 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to Marinate1016
Gameboon said:

KANLen09 said:
The Faraway Paladin

Marinate1016 said:

TheColonel76 said:

86 first of all, if you haven’t seen it. Then vivy, frieren and kusuriya, Bokuyaba, OnK, Onimai etc depends what you like normally. Anime in general is better than ever and getting better every season
Marinate1016 said:

Thanks for the fast reply and suggestions. From a quick glance, those seem pretty varied. Although I couldn't find Onimai or OnK - which anime do these shorthands stand for?

I already had Frieren on my list, but I like to wait until a series is done airing nowadays before I start watching. Watching Undead Unwanted Adventurer on a weekly basis was an exception for me.
Mar 22, 4:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Gameboon

KANLen09 said:
The Faraway Paladin

Marinate1016 said:

TheColonel76 said:

Gameboon said:

That would be sweet, I usually go to YouTube for ost I find especially good in an anime so I also hope it’s there one day.
Mar 22, 5:24 PM
Jul 2011
It could be a better final episode, the only important part was the fact that Rent became a minor vampire and gets his appearance back. The rest of the episode wasn't really good, his feedback could have appeared sooner into the anime. Actually, I wish this anime could get a second season and also I would like to see some new evoluitons of him and also how he could get this evolutions, what he needs to do to become stronger. It was a good anime at all, not fantastic, but good to spend time.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start LN after finishing the anime?

A_silent_Being - Apr 8

8 by LegatoBlues »»
11 hours ago

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Mar 28

13 by LegatoBlues »»
Yesterday, 11:26 AM

» Most underrated anime this season!

Raptors0verlord - Jan 20

36 by Nifuni »»
May 30, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

50 by gophercg »»
Apr 29, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23

53 by Tenderizer79 »»
Apr 20, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.