Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
It's good to see the familiar cast back including Makoto, Mio, and Tomoe again. Speaking of Makoto, it looks like right off from this episode, he already encountered some troubles in a village and thieves. There's not much recap in this episode so I'm glad they didn't waste with any BS.

This episode did focus mostly on Makoto although not much has changed about him. He's still the carefree guy helping the helpless on his adventures. However, I do find Mio and Tomoe's personalities much more entertaining.

Jan 8, 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
The title of the inserted music at the battle is, as you already have noticed, "Koujou no Tsuki".
Jan 8, 6:35 AM

Dec 2021
After a two-and-a-half-year break, Tsukimichi is back, now under the guidance of J.C. Staff. Whether this turns out to be a good or bad thing is something we're about to see.

Overcoming a fierce battle with Sofia and Mitsurugi, Makoto and Shiki embark on a journey towards the central city of the academy, Rotsgard. Along the way, the two stopped in the city of Obit, where humans reside, and temporarily went their separate ways. During this time, Makoto encounters a human girl named Lana and a beastman boy named Eto. Despite their plea to the townspeople for help in protecting their hometown, Tapavillage, from thieves who call themselves the "Moonlit Bandits," no one pays attention to them. Intrigued by the two, Makoto decides to accompany them on their journey to Tapavillage.

I suppose we owe the absence of C2C this season to Shangri-La Frontier, which is fine by me as I'd prefer them to concentrate on such a fantastic series. However, handing over the reins to J.C. Staff does make me a bit uneasy. Yet, judging from this first episode, it doesn't seem bad; it feels pretty much the same. I completely forgot about Shiki since he was introduced in the last couple of episodes of last season, so it's nice to start off with more of him. And, of course, it's just nice to see the gang again. I've missed them.

Here's to the start of Makoto and the gang's two-cour adventures.

Jan 8, 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
Solid animation for the first episode.

I'm glad to see Makoto showing his real face in public and only using his mask for hidden operations. His assassination earlier was cool; I need more of that.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Mio's cooking in a joke with a bunch of side characters in it, but it was a bit wasted because the timing of some was rather off.

After that, Mio will be on a new adventure very soon, with hopes and dreams of fulfilling her culinary skills to perfection for her beloved master. It will probably be a wonderful ride.

Lastly, I'll be looking forward to the two heroes' background stories in the next episodes; it looks like it's going that way, and I can't wait for them to show up. >_<

Edit: P.S. I must say this. The OP was a bit lackluster compared to S1's OP which made the series much more epic but it's still a decent one. It could be better.

Then the ED on the other hand was really familiar because it's used on S1 EP01's ED which made this episode a bit more nostalgic. It will probably be replaced by another one next episode, probably... 😖
CrazyButNot4UJan 8, 8:28 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 8, 7:48 AM

Feb 2021
Just finished season 1 yesterday, and it was just okay imo. Hopefully this one will be better. And I hope they adapt the skipped stuff I've been hearing about.
Oh, and this one will be airing for 2 consecutive cours too.

Nice OP
Mio 🤝 Shion
I thought Makoto's demand would be that the bandits don't attack anyone again, but he basically just asked them to change their name lmao. He must've been really upset about it.

From Wikipedia:
""Kōjō no Tsuki" (荒城の月, lit. "The Moon over the Ruined Castle") is a Japanese song written in the Meiji period.
Japanese pianist and composer Rentarō Taki composed the music as a music lesson song without instrumental accompaniment in 1901. The song was included in the songbook for Junior High School students. The music of the song was inspired by the ruins of Oka Castle whereas the lyrics, written by Bansui Doi, were inspired by the ruins of Aoba Castle and Aizuwakamatsu Castle."

The ED is ああ人生に涙あり (aa jinsei ni namida ari) - "Ah, there are tears in my life" which is originally a theme song for Mito Kōmon (水戸黄門) - a Japanese period drama. It was used as an ED in season 1 too.
Really interested in the other heroes.
Jan 8, 7:55 AM
Aug 2020
he is back

it was a good episode,some funny scenes,good animation

i'm ready for this new adventure...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 8, 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
Mio with the killer cooking reminds me of Shion lol. Tomoe with the save for everyone. Action scene was pretty good, that fire arrow was fire. OP was okay, the special ED was pretty good though. Kept us waiting for a while but glad they are gonna air two cours back to back. Good to have this back and looking forward to more.
Jan 8, 8:49 AM
Sep 2021
This isekai is back for a S2, good to see it back. Overall it was comedic & serious at some parts which hooks the story up & they revised a lot of important parts from the previous season.
Jan 8, 9:12 AM

Feb 2022
In the op when Makoto and everyone else appears walking towards the camera, very Log Horizon op
Knighthammer619Jan 8, 9:16 AM
Jan 8, 9:20 AM
Mar 2020
Format seems to have changed a bit, but maybe for better (?) Will be fun season it seems!
Jan 8, 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
I missed these goofballs, not a fan of the OP, is it fine but is lacking energy.
Jan 8, 10:17 AM

Mar 2021
Tsuda Ken singing "Aa Jinse ni namida ari"....
Hot damn!!

Overall a decent episode. Slower paced compared to season 1,which I really like. Next episode will probably focus on the heroes side of the story which was canonically supposed to be season 1 content. Monday's are now probably my most anticipated days of the week.
V1P3R0PJan 18, 12:14 AM
Jan 8, 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
Chef Mio is back with the killer cooking
Jan 8, 10:30 AM

Jul 2022
Tsukimichi is back after 2 and a half years.
The OP sounds pleasant, and the ED is the same as last season, except this time Tsuda Kenjirou accompanies it.

This episode continues after their encounter with Sofia Bulga and Lancer. Makoto and Shiki continue their journey to Rotsgard, but they end up separated. Makoto helps Lana, a villager in need, as her village is terrorized by bandits. Makoto easily assists her, and we see the change in his attitude regarding harming others, events that were seen in the previous season.

The comedy remains consistent, as we witness Mio attempting to learn how to cook but failing each time, leaving a trail of intoxicated people.

Now, it remains to be seen how Makoto interacts with the other Heroes sent by the Goddess.
Jan 8, 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
Tsukimichi is back with another season and the first episode was pretty good.

We see Makoto capturing a bandit group to protect the village.

The highlight of the episode was definitely Mio's cooking.And it was good to see Tomoe too.

The OP and ED were pretty neat too.

Jan 8, 11:30 AM
Apr 2018
Well I see the anime finally remembered the two heroes it should have introduced 2 episodes ago exist. Gave them a whole frame at the end of the episode.
Jan 8, 11:49 AM
Sep 2020
Ahh...I forgot that its the Rotsgard arc next. Hopefully they cut a lot out to make it shorter!
Jan 8, 12:05 PM

Dec 2018
Good enough for an opening episode; glad those bandits got their butts kicked. Looking forward to more.
Jan 8, 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
Liked the episode. Would've loved it if there wasn't 7+ minutes dedicated to a character being bad at cooking... I guess we'll see more pacing like this as this is gonna be 25 episodes.

Jan 8, 1:34 PM

Feb 2019
i feel bad for Mio's "test subjects," but Tomoe to the rescue! she saved everybody else in the demiplane from possible death by Mio's food lol
Jan 8, 1:48 PM

Oct 2017
Best show of the season, I don't even need to see the others to know for sure
Jan 8, 3:05 PM

Feb 2019
We need a cooking competition between Mio and Shion from tensura lmao

Cooking scenes were a little dragged out, but still pretty hilarious. Mio really trying to kill everyone at this point. Putting gemstones, poison, dangerous leaves and even a damn handle in the soup man. Who let bro cook 😂

Obligatory rapey adventurers in isekai.. glad Makoto was able to save Lana from them and make sure they don’t mess with anyone again. Saving her village from the bandits not only gave him some new customers for the company, but also an opportunity to try out the fire bow attack. Forgot how badass Makoto is. Nice touch by the studio to actually remove the sound during his ambush as well to let us feel what the bandits felt.

Nice episode to ease us back into this world after 2.5 years. I wasn’t a big fan of season 1, but going into this one with an open mind. The heroes getting involved in the story should make things even more interesting
Marinate1016Jan 8, 3:13 PM
Jan 8, 4:33 PM
Sep 2020
Makoto is Comeback!
Jan 8, 4:55 PM
Jan 2022
we're gonna get 25 episodes no break I'm so hyped this Is gonna be one hell of a ride he's done op and when he learns magic from the school gonna be more badass
Jan 8, 5:33 PM
Sep 2020
nothing impressive, but an ok re-introduction
Jan 8, 6:46 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to SevWren
Liked the episode. Would've loved it if there wasn't 7+ minutes dedicated to a character being bad at cooking... I guess we'll see more pacing like this as this is gonna be 25 episodes.
@SevWren As someone who loves watching people cook in anime whether good or bad, I had skipped ahead during the 2nd bad cooking interruption, felt a bit unnecessary to have it cut into the show like that lol. But I guess it's to help the pacing and all that since they needed to fill out the extra time needed for a full episode.
Jan 8, 7:10 PM

Apr 2008
Can't believe this got another season. Admittedly Moonlit Fantasy was generally enjoyable if not actually good. Guess it could be fun again.
Jan 8, 7:21 PM
Apr 2021
The Mio cooking segments were def the highlight of the eps 😂
Jan 8, 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
Reply to Shadelurker
@SevWren As someone who loves watching people cook in anime whether good or bad, I had skipped ahead during the 2nd bad cooking interruption, felt a bit unnecessary to have it cut into the show like that lol. But I guess it's to help the pacing and all that since they needed to fill out the extra time needed for a full episode.
@Shadelurker same here, skipped past most of all the food stuff. I've even even been watching a bunch of food anime lately as well.

Jan 8, 10:13 PM
Apr 2023
Moonlit Fantasy.
Mio's terrible cooking.
He serves out justice.
(two shamisen strokes)
Jan 8, 10:57 PM
Apr 2016
Gotta be honest: I missed Makoto's Haikus
Jan 9, 12:33 AM

Feb 2018
ooo, this is back with 25 episodes? noice.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 9, 1:54 AM

Nov 2022
Great to see this anime back!

First episode is starting off slow but it’s okay since it’ll live up to its potential.
Jan 9, 4:13 AM

Apr 2018
great to have it back but holy shit the food part was way too long

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 9, 4:24 AM
Sep 2022
Kind of ass episode. Goofy stock music, lame guitar, very cheap. Visual presentation is ok, story events are dumbed down. Jokes that were funny on paper not funny at all when animated. Clearly direction/production issue. It is better to read manga or web novel, anime doesn't improve on the source material at all.
Jan 9, 4:34 AM
Jun 2023
Good job Tomoe! Let's hope we don't see Mio until she learns how to cook, which is never. Maybe it's just me, but Mio is useless and annoying character and here is for harem and nothing else. People often compare this to Tensura, but to be as good, you must have good characters.
Makoto's stuff was enjoyable though. It seems like he's concerned how cold-hearted his first kill was.
donslockzJan 9, 4:48 AM
Jan 9, 6:10 AM
Oct 2017
One of my two favorite isekai of all times is back.
Jan 9, 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
Ohh we're back in 2024!

He wasn't kidding, he was angry because they gave the song he likes with the same title the bandits were using a bad name! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 9, 6:47 AM
Jun 2007
Ah its back after 3 years.
Jan 9, 10:26 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to kuroneko99
The title of the inserted music at the battle is, as you already have noticed, "Koujou no Tsuki".
@kuroneko99 Godammit, Man! Because of your comment I literally search for the song on YT.... and found that there are quite a number of like minded ppl searching for the song there as well.... wwwwwww
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 9, 1:07 PM
Jun 2023
hoping this season wll see greater development with the two girls prominent in the first season and not move to far from that premise...
Jan 9, 2:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Makoto is saving a whole village while Mio is poisoning everyone with her disastrous food, nice way to start this 2nd season lmao
Jan 9, 2:22 PM

Nov 2009
Sigh... Mio... still creating death foods huh... I don't think she'll ever improve, lol.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 9, 3:08 PM

Jul 2016
I can't understand how this first episode has a better score than S1 already. I didn't like this episode as much as i would like to, but I'm hoping that this season will improve in the next episodes.
Jan 9, 4:32 PM
Jan 2024
Slow start to an epic ending in season 1. I beleieve the ramp up will be insane
Jan 10, 6:13 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Kei Azumi's Tsukimichi is back after 2 years, and the journey continues of the unlucky Makoto Misumi to trace his Isekai parents!

Reina Suda's OP is decent, and I always love the touches when it comes to the unique ED songs (such as this one with Makoto and Shiki).

The Rotsgard arc begins with Makoto and former lich Shiki in the town of Obitt, while both Tomoe and Mio...continue to debate on the latter's cooking skills as per usual, which continues to be just as bad that not even Emma or Komoe can swallow her creation down. Even as Makoto has since removed his mask, the hyumans still find him as ugly as ever. That said, this "Moon over the Ruined Castle" bandit group is causing trouble, enough for a lady to come requesting for help. Tapa Village's Lana and Eto the werewolf escaped their circumstances, and Makoto takes it upon himself to send the two back to where they came from.

Whilst sending both Lana and Eto back to Tapa Village, Makoto senses more than that, and a bandit group brazenly parading around the name of one of his favourite songs, he just can't have them lying down, using Emma's learnt magic to full use. Even as Mio tries to make sure of her cooking, it's just killing more demihumans to hilarity, though Tomoe shuts her down quick to request her to grow in her cooking.

The heroes will come soon enough, it'll take time for them to show up.

That said, this journey will be a long one, so strap in for the ride.
Jan 10, 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
The mid show returns with mid first episode. How mid is that!?
Jan 10, 3:52 PM
Jan 2024
Thought it was pretty good for the first episode of the second season!! Excited to see how it all turns out!!
Jan 11, 4:41 AM
Dec 2023
i still remember that i started this series because just I don't habe anything else to watch and there was 1 episode just released...i was like okay let's give it a try, i was watching slime and othe isekai along with it that time so i find many similaritie in this animes ...and i thought nah they looks like just copying of some some elements of other isekai and all but for some reason as i watch episodes...i started to like it idk why .. tbh it's not that much amazing crazy story line and all but it's also not that mediocre anime story....so i actually completed season 1 without any gap but again i was concerned about "can i still find interest in the story in season 2, like i hardly remember any milnd blowing twist or mystry or any cliffhanger theu gave in s 2 " but damn I watched episode 1 of s2 and i completed without getting bored for a sec ...and again idk why but yrah i like this anime idk why it's just nor that awesome but also not that much average to ignore... it's nice
Jan 11, 9:53 PM

May 2010
Just me or does the budget/quality feel like a waste for this story?

I feel like it could have been so much more/better and thus feel like it is a waste that this story got picked up the way it is.
It's not up there with attack on titan or overlord etc in terms of popularity or story, but it's still a pretty decent story, but that's not enough for a hope that some other studio and a higher budget picks it up in 5/10/20 years for a reboot.
So i feel like this is sadly the best we'll get and it's a waste.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8

37 by waldy713 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1

46 by waldy713 »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

47 by Okenoke »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4

44 by waldy713 »»
4 hours ago

» How faithful is the adaption?

Kieran98 - Yesterday

4 by V1P3R0P »»
Yesterday, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.