Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2023 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
As the story moves forward. We are finally looking at Shibuya and what all the people have been up to. Where Gojo seems to find himself facing the same good old curses from last season. Yuji is with Mei Mei and Ui Ui who will face his side of problems. Ui Ui made his first appearance.

Looking forward to the interaction between the characters whom we didn't get to meet that much in the previous season. Yuji is a nice kid. Praying for the deceased. Gojo looks menacing there at the end. Once again, Ghosting is gonna be the biggest problem that this show is gonna face. Sadly. All one can do is wait for the Blu-rays. Can't wait for the next episode.

Dec 2021
This is the Gojo I remember.

As the curtain descends within Shibuya, within the curtain, lies many ordinary people are trapped, and all communication cut off. Numerous sorcerers gather in Shibuya, but to minimize the damage, Gojo heads alone to Shibuya Station's underground platform. There, Gojo confronts Jogo, Hanami, and Choso. On the other hand, Yuji, accompanied by Mei Mei, encounters a cursed spirit capable of human speech. Sorcerers, cursed users, and cursed spirits converge in Shibuya, marking the beginning of an unprecedented large-scale battle, "The Shibuya Incident".

I'm glad that they made some adjustments to the chapter order, ensuring there's a smoother flow without constant shifts between characters. This way, the upcoming episode promises to be consistently captivating. The decision to reorganize the chapters was a wise one, as it rectified the awkward pacing that was present in the original manga.

I believe they're undervaluing Gojo's abilities in this situation. Besides shedding light on Geto's growing resentment towards humanity, the flashback serves as an introduction to a Gojo who harbors little regard for non-jujutsu users. Their attempt to trap him might falter because they underestimate his determination to protect those without jujutsu abilities. He may find a way to turn this to his advantage. Also this episode made me realize that Itadori could GREATLY benefit from diversifying his combat skills beyond just relying on punches and kicks. Currently, his fights have become rather monotonous, lacking the excitement of other encounters. But at least he kicked that dude’s ass and looked awesome doing it.

Welp, the next episodes title is 'Gate Open'. So soon huh. Sigh.

May 2020
I fucking loved how Gojo flexed and was quite literally walking over the heads of the crowd of people trapped within the curtain lol. Though that being just one of the instances, as when he finally came face-to-face with the trio who were put in charge to slow Gojo down… this time he flexed with his strength.

The thing with this arc is we would frequently get the pov’s of many people, and that’s almost every five minutes. So Gojo being busy with his work, we did also get Itadori and Mei mei doing their part of the job. Could care less about that annoying shouta, I’m just kind of glad that Itadori FINALLY GOT TO KNOW the name of Mahito lol. I mean he was calling him “this guy” or “that guy” this whole while.

Grasshopper against Itadori was… good enough to let us know that our main has certainly grown, but that’s just it. Not sure if they extended that part to how it was originally in the manga, but that certainly felt LONG lol. Though we move with his win to Gojo’s side of the proceedings.

Hanami, Jougo, Choso against Gojo all alone, and moreover while him trying to protect people as well, but him being him, he fucking OBLITERATED them with ease despite everything.

I think it’s a good thing they let that Itadori part out of the way, and had the last few minutes of this episode plus will have the entirety(?) of next episode over Gojo’s fight… as that would make whatever about to come a LOT MORE impactful.
Sep 14, 2023 8:34 AM
Jul 2021
This is easily the worst animated episode of the whole show 5/10
Sep 14, 2023 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
Genuinely, fuck japanese TV for so many reasons but especially for ghosting. Everyone else suffers for the 0.001%
Sep 14, 2023 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
TOHO is hellbent on ruining our viewing experience. Ghosting and dimming is legit the worst I’ve ever seen in an anime.

Crunchyroll is able to stream Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan without these fucking filters but somehow cannot do the same for Jujutsu Kaisen. Makes sequences damn near unwatchable and just unpleasant to sit through. No one is buying your overpriced blue rays; stop imposing your tv regulations on streaming platforms.

FUCK.

The animation wasn’t spectacular for Yuji vs Grasshopper and didn’t need to be with the production schedule they have, but the ghosting and dimming made it legit horrible to watch.
KneelBeforeMeSep 14, 2023 8:44 AM
Sep 14, 2023 8:47 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
TOHO is hellbent on ruining our viewing experience. Ghosting and dimming is legit the worst I’ve ever seen in an anime.

Crunchyroll is able to stream Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan without these fucking filters but somehow cannot do the same for Jujutsu Kaisen. Makes sequences damn near unwatchable and just unpleasant to sit through. No one is buying your overpriced blue rays; stop imposing your tv regulations on streaming platforms.

FUCK.

The animation wasn’t spectacular for Yuji vs Grasshopper and didn’t need to be with the production schedule they have, but the ghosting and dimming made it legit horrible to watch.
@KneelBeforeMe chill dude, i know how you feel. But they need money to feed their wallet, oops i mean to keep making more anime.
Business is business
Sep 14, 2023 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to lilyxxwise
@KneelBeforeMe chill dude, i know how you feel. But they need money to feed their wallet, oops i mean to keep making more anime.
Business is business
@lilyxxwise More like retarded business. I very much doubt its a good decision to not release "unghosted" versions to streaming platforms. It makes a show that's partially known for its animation close to unwatchable. I for one honestly start to lose interest and i dont think im the only one.
Sep 14, 2023 9:00 AM
May 2021
Yuuji absolutely violated Grasshopper. Had funny moments that I had forgot from the manga too.
The ghosting however was so obnoxious. The ONLY thing that will hold Shibuya back. There’s is no way ghosting helps anyone in that grasshopper fight.

Anyways next week is FERAL GOJO AHHHHHHH.

Mod Edit: Removed image; posts must not contain more than one screenshot
KayKimiiSep 14, 2023 10:28 AM
Sep 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
Kinda disappointed wished the Gojo fight was in this episode and Yuji fight was shorter like in the manga. At least next week is gonna be a banger.
Sep 14, 2023 9:24 AM

Nov 2020
The animation when yuji was doing ora-ora treatment to the insect was laughable

And also the dimming... i think i should hold this season, waiting for the BDs to release
DrkSeid69Sep 14, 2023 9:48 AM
Sep 14, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2020
Bro, Jujutsu Kaisen's tv schedule needs to be changed The ghosting are getting ridiculous
Sep 14, 2023 9:31 AM
May 2020
Gavinyeet said:
This is easily the worst animated episode of the whole show 5/10

The ghosting made it worst
Sep 14, 2023 9:33 AM
May 2020
We need a petition to stop Japan's Tv law on editing JJK with ghosting and dimming during the actions
Sep 14, 2023 9:34 AM
May 2023
Pre_Yum said:
As the story moves forward. We are finally looking at Shibuya and what all the people have been up to. Where Gojo seems to find himself facing the same good old curses from last season. Yuji is with Mei Mei and Ui Ui who will face his side of problems. Ui Ui made his first appearance.

Looking forward to the interaction between the characters whom we didn't get to meet that much in the previous season. Yuji is a nice kid. Praying for the deceased. Gojo looks menacing there at the end. Once again, Ghosting is gonna be the biggest problem that this show is gonna face. Sadly. All one can do is wait for the Blu-rays. Can't wait for the next episode.

personally I don't really notice ghosting and therefore don't see it as a problem, but if it's for the safety of other enjoyers then I guess its worth it
Sep 14, 2023 9:48 AM
May 2020
sayu-simp said:
Pre_Yum said:

personally I don't really notice ghosting and therefore don't see it as a problem, but if it's for the safety of other enjoyers then I guess its worth it

It aint worth it. They even edited the fight scene of Itadori zoomed in. The tv law has gone too far in JJK that the episode editors did this sht😭
Sep 14, 2023 9:51 AM
May 2023
FailedArtNinja said:
sayu-simp said:

It aint worth it. They even edited the fight scene of Itadori zoomed in. The tv law has gone too far in JJK that the episode editors did this sht😭

yeah I get what you mean, that a really cool fight has been ruined but my point still stands that if it's there to save lives it's worth it. however I don't understand why they don't release the unedited versions on streaming services?
Sep 14, 2023 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
Waiting for the Bluray is valid lol

Anyway, Gojo being HIM is still KINO.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 2016
I am a huge jjk fans but this episode is really weak. Not only that, but the ghosting is also horrible. While the animation & fighting sequences probably gonna be alot better later even compare to other Mappa project. I afraid it's probably gonna be ruined by Ghosting & dimming just like eps 7 again. I started to doubt that I'm gonna enjoy watching the whole season like this.

Dropping jjk from 10/10 to 8/10. Mappa or Toho is too greedy, they didn't share the non-ghosting & non-dimming version to the streaming service just so they can increase the Bluray sells.

Man.. 😞

Edit:
Rewatching it, the fighting sequence is not as bad as I thought after rewatching it. Still the ghosting is a problem. I'm gonna wait before I score S2 above 8. If the ghosting keep getting worse than eps 8 & 7 and ruined the great animation & fighting sequence that Mappa created then..
Akihara_JimSep 14, 2023 9:19 PM
Sep 14, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2016
@Igi2137 more like some of em. I probably won't buy it.. well maybe anyway.
Sep 14, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2019
Anyways ghosting criticism aside, Gojo just steals the spotlight everytime he's on screen I swear.

Next week though we see Feral Gojo. So excited
Sep 14, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2012
Wonder what Geto has planned for Gojo. It seems like things are going according to his plan.

Itadori's doing pretty well by himself. It looks like they're going to set up a showdown between Itadori and Mahito like in the OP.
Sep 14, 2023 10:25 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
This episode was pretty good for the most part, except for the ghosting. I'm a little worried about future fights, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm excited to see Gojo next episode!!
Sep 14, 2023 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Holy fuck can someone give me a specific moment in this episode where "ghosting" noticeably fucked it up because I'm genuinely watching these episodes all the way through and am barely noticing shit. It was worse last week but idk my enjoyment this week was barely affected 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, it looks like they slightly changed the order of events in the anime but it should make things flow better. In the manga, we saw some of the Gojo fight first before switching to Yuji's fight then coming back to Gojo, but here they got Yuji's fight out of the way so the focus can stay on Gojo's fight. I like that choice.

I remember someone asking last week why they dragged all the innocent people into this and as I told them, this episode explained that. Of course, you can take all the prerequisite measures that you want, but when it's Gojo you're dealing with there still isn't any guarantee of success/victory. He looked like a menace at the end, and we know what happens when that man gets serious. A moment I've been dying to see animated will happen next week so I can't wait for that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 14, 2023 10:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Must be horrible being trapped in a way that you can't understand. Ui has hero worship looks like. The one who think's he's clever turned out to be the dumb one in the end. Still proved to be a pretty capable opponent for Yuji though. Using hostages in that fashion though what cowards. In the end Baldy and his men were only stalling tactics nothing more. Overall an excellent start to the arc that made great usage of the tension we had from the buildup last ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2023 10:29 AM
May 2021
Am trying to comprehend what ppl r hating on this ep, I mean the fight w/ Yuji & the Grasshopper could have been better done 🤔. Acc yh the ghosting was too much this ep, I don’t know why they extended this fight tbf, but could have been quick.
jas-samaaaSep 14, 2023 10:37 AM
Sep 14, 2023 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
Some nice Itadori action, he smashed the bug. The plan to take down Gojou is set in place and so far things going according to plan for them but with Gojou just opening his eyes, things are about to get serious.
MegamiRemSep 19, 2023 9:46 AM
Sep 14, 2023 10:35 AM

Aug 2022
Seizure-fest Kaisen should be the new name for this series...My eyes are bleeding.
Sep 14, 2023 10:43 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Shibuya vibing rn. And we need to wait 1 week again..
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 14, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
Am I the only one who sees a weird circle slightly above the subtitles?
Damn Yuuji's reaction. We still remember Junpei.
I really appreciate the National Geographic part. Made much more sense why that curse is so powerful and why it exists in the first place.
15:31 Lol Ko-guy as in 蝗害 (kougai) - "locust plague"
I love how the curses are just fooling around in playground lmao
Did the big bubble at the end popping signify something? The veil is broken or something?
Epic!
Sep 14, 2023 10:53 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was alright.

But man... those ghosting and dimming effects are fucking disgusting.

Like what the hell i just watch? It hurts my eyes

And now I'm worried about the next episode will going.
BrianSuperPieSep 14, 2023 10:58 AM
Sep 14, 2023 10:55 AM
Oct 2021
one week more to see more of gojo again? :...(
Sep 14, 2023 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
At least Yuji is smarter than grasshopper.
Sep 14, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2018
Nobody cares about Itadori's fight with Grasshopper, why did they make me waste so much time over something so insignificant? Unfortunately, in adaptations they often cut essential parts, while others keep unnecessary things.

Jan 2009
Yuji is strong

and nice to see the introduction of Domain Amplification in the anime
May 2017
This episode reminded me of baki, like with the explanation of the locusts and Itadori's fight
Sep 14, 2023 11:14 AM

Aug 2021
Itadory, unusually, was calm in his fight against Ko-guy.
Gojo was also very calm, something that surprised me a lot. Jougo didn't ever seem surprised. I think everything is going according to the plan until now.
I wonder how Gojo will fix this situation.

Sep 14, 2023 11:20 AM

Feb 2021
Grasshopper curse was the highlight of the episode.

It's been a while since I actually saw Itadori fight anyone.
Sep 14, 2023 11:33 AM
Jun 2020
So, where is "MAPPA is the Best Studio Ever" guys now?
Sep 14, 2023 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
With all this planning going on, and the plan looks pretty good. they seemed to of missed one vital thing. Yuuji!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 14, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
Damn they didnt miss with that jojo reference on that grasshopper fight lmao
Sep 14, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2018
Gojo doesn't seem to be having too much difficulty in this situation, which isn't that surprising.
Itadori and Mei Mei got to team up for this one, looks like its going well.
Sep 14, 2023 11:56 AM
Aug 2021
lilyxxwise said:
Business is business

young thug reference?
Sep 14, 2023 12:06 PM
Feb 2023
I said it before; I don’t think this is a tv problem more than MAPPA literally did this on purpose in streaming services and spread this ghosted pile of meh on us just to buy blu ray. Like what’s wrong with MAPPA? Other than making me get more hype, I literally get more worried. It wasn’t this bad in Gojo arc when they were sharing it on streaming services.

And before anyone defends them, they literally released AOT this year and it was dimmed like this.
Confused_100Sep 14, 2023 12:11 PM
Sep 14, 2023 12:16 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to thebrentinator24
Holy fuck can someone give me a specific moment in this episode where "ghosting" noticeably fucked it up because I'm genuinely watching these episodes all the way through and am barely noticing shit. It was worse last week but idk my enjoyment this week was barely affected 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, it looks like they slightly changed the order of events in the anime but it should make things flow better. In the manga, we saw some of the Gojo fight first before switching to Yuji's fight then coming back to Gojo, but here they got Yuji's fight out of the way so the focus can stay on Gojo's fight. I like that choice.

I remember someone asking last week why they dragged all the innocent people into this and as I told them, this episode explained that. Of course, you can take all the prerequisite measures that you want, but when it's Gojo you're dealing with there still isn't any guarantee of success/victory. He looked like a menace at the end, and we know what happens when that man gets serious. A moment I've been dying to see animated will happen next week so I can't wait for that.
@thebrentinator24 anime fans must complain
Sep 14, 2023 12:29 PM

May 2013
god, the manga has been out for years, they could've analyzed which parts are and which parts aren't relevant in the long run and cut some of it out... like, was there a reason to have yuji fight this insect curse for over half of the episode? makes me think they are planning a shibuya incident part 2 season, cuz no way they fit all of it in the 15 or so episodes that remain
Sep 14, 2023 12:34 PM
Jun 2021
I am not sure but was this the first JJk episode with a narrator.
Sep 14, 2023 12:34 PM

May 2013
me: idc about gojo
gojo, about to get sealed for the next 2 seasons: ...
me: wtf!!!!!!!!! who allowed!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2021
Wonderful full ep!! I can’t wait for next week. I’m loving this new season so far.
Sep 14, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2021
CRAPPA back at again ruining anime like they did Chainsaw Man. ufotable would never.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I hate the manga community ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Sep 23, 2023

63 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

550 by shekhar0050m »»
May 29, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

552 by decalcomanic »»
May 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

488 by satomae »»
May 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

368 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
May 25, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.