Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, love letter. Figured this type of a show would eventually add in one of these type of episodes.

I have to say, this episode had some surreal imagery, particularly the scenes with Ai and Kaede sitting side by side facing the sea. Their relationship is still slowly progressing and still has the anime's glasses gimmicks. 
Jul 18, 2023 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
GoHands artists drawing the backgrounds be like:
๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ๐ก

"Did you just see a kitty here?"
"Meow."
Lmao this reminded me of that one meme

IN AZUMA WE TRUST
Jul 18, 2023 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
It doesn't feel like a week passed already. That was fast.

Anyways, that's one weirdly realistic tree. Straight up uncanny.

Mie-san saying "nyaa" was so cute. Damn.

I guess the meme about cockroaches being blurred will never die...

I wonder if there's going to be a sort of love triangle with Azuma, Komura, and Mie. But the ending of this episode pretty much de-confirms it.

Azuma went from the type of character I hate in romcoms to a wingman. Nice.

I think this show needs some drama to spice things up a bit. Or at the very least, it needs more characters. But that's just my opinion.
Jul 18, 2023 8:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Mie looked adorable acting as a cat. Though how you can mistake a bag for a cat really is beyond me. Bout time that Komura ended up facing competition. Mie really has a bad sense of memory though. The shiritori was pretty fun. Still it was fun seeing how Komura would react when his position is being threatened. One hell of an assist that Komura ended up getting though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2023 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
Is it so hard for him to tell her what she was doing?
Jul 18, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
This episode began with some serious second hand embarrassment, with that plastic bag.

Azuma gave the push, and was up to Komura take the leap or not,
Jul 18, 2023 8:53 AM

Dec 2020
I like this when mie san are coming near komura kun and that she has again forgot her glasses is thr slogan of this Anime.
Azuma is a goat he sees that komura kun cares for mie san.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Jul 18, 2023 9:07 AM
Jul 2023
Azuma is such a chad I thought he was gonna be a generic popular kid character but he was actually such a Chad at the end
Jul 18, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2023
That opening scene with Mie confusing a plastic bag for a cat has to be the funniest one yet in the series for me haha.
The rest of the episode if full on adorableness :)
Jul 18, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2020
Lets all take a moment to reflect on Azuma's actual gigachad move. We all know that Komura wasn't going to read what was written but holy crap... that set up to give our ML a much needed push turned this heel into a hero. 
Jul 18, 2023 9:13 AM

Jun 2023
After Kasahara from "My Clueless First Friend", this is my second time seeing a character who mistaken plastic bag as cat๐Ÿ˜‚
Jul 18, 2023 9:20 AM
Oct 2016
Komura getting some assistance from his classmate Azuma. I liked what they did with the usual good looking guy classmate that the main character doesn't like because he's just too good looking. Instead or having Azuma try to get between Mie and Komura he helps him in the end. Very nice change from the norm that cuts out lots of unnecessary drama. Komura did become super worried about the whole love letter misunderstanding which was funny. Mie was just trying to be nice delivering that dropped letter to Azuma. Causing an uproar among their class just made it even funnier. Azuma took it like a champ not letting the misunderstanding continue after he gave Mie his reply. Komura being setup to read Mie the letter since she of course forgot her glasses. The segments towards the start of the episode were funny too. Mie thinking she forgot her glasses but they're just on her forehead and mistakenly thinking the plastic bag was a cat were very funny. Komura had a lot to mull over regarding what Mie means by saying she likes him.
Jul 18, 2023 9:34 AM
Sep 2020
i'm loving this show until. mie and komura are adorable together ๐Ÿฅฐ. but sometimes mie is way to scatterbrained
Jul 18, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
It was hilarious seeing Mie confusing a plastic bag for a cat and Azuma is a good lad for not interfering with Mie and Komura
Jul 18, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
All of the scenes presented in this episode were good and was heart warming and wholesome to watch.
Jul 18, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2020
haha reminded me of that scene from yotsubato except there was nothing wrong with her eyes lol....

Also the azuma guy is gigachad didn't like him at the start of the episode but he ending up being the best part of the episode . Will be happy if he ends up being a wingman
Jul 18, 2023 10:15 AM
Apr 2022
Azuma really the hero of this ep.

There were so many "I like you" in this ep, that I didn't have a chance to count them all.
Komura and Mie are perfect. But I kinda wonder what happend to the other girl with the love letter..
Jul 18, 2023 10:27 AM

May 2020
Look treating her eyes come later, but FIRST AND FOREMOST this girl should go and do things to sharpen her memories.. I mean how is it possible she keeps forgetting her glasses lol, even if it's for the sake of story.

Though I'm glad the camera sickness has reduced a WHOLE lot after the first episode but that's kinda not true for those monologues our mc keeps repeating within his mind.

Also surprise ikemen kid ain't exactly evil.
Jul 18, 2023 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Ok seriously someone please get this girl some contacts cause how do you confuse a plastic bag for a cat ๐Ÿ’€

Another really cute episode. The love letter situation with Azuma subverted expectations. Thought he’d be a generic love rival and he ends up being a very thoughtful wingman. Real one ๐Ÿ‘
Marinate1016Jul 18, 2023 10:41 AM
Jul 18, 2023 10:46 AM

Mar 2021
Just read what was on the note, Komura-kun! You coward.
Jul 18, 2023 10:52 AM

Sep 2021
that start boy cute stuff is getting to me. Should a man be so much cutified?
Jul 18, 2023 10:55 AM

Jul 2022
To tell the truth, I didn't like the first episode but each episode is better than the previous one, now I will look forward to the next one.
Jul 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2023
Damn Azuma, what a move. Gave the boy Komura a well-needed push and now it's up to him to use that momentum.

This episode was a bit better compared to last weeks episode and it's nice to see the relationship between Komura and Mie grow, slowly but certainly surely. I like how the cloudy scene with Komura was reflective and indicated his mood/mind at the moment.

I still feel iffy towards the anime, but I hope future episodes get better as the story and characters continue to develop. See you all next Tuesday, have a lovely day or night.
And seriously, get Mie to an eye doctor.
BitChillyJul 18, 2023 11:04 AM
Jul 18, 2023 12:06 PM

Jan 2021
Mie acting like a cat or pretending to see a cat and Kaede wants to take a picture but he doesn't do it. Kaede's jealousy is over the roof lol, man sees Ren being nice with Mie but then Mie says that she thought that Ren, Kaede was.

The sea scene was nicely done though. Also one day Mie has her glasses and the other day she forgets the glasses, damn. Well everyone panicked because there was an cockroach. Mie asks Kaede to put her glasses on her face and Kaede here imagining other things. Love letter scene, girl drops love letter, Mie picks it up and Kaede reads it and its for Ren but Mie takes the letter and delivers it to Ren and now the class thinks that Mie has a crush on Ren, what an big misunderstanding. It was nice of Ren to write that Kaede also likes Mie so yeah although Kaede literally missed his opportunity and went to say something else what wasn't even on the letter.

Relationship between Mie & Kaede is progressing but at an slow rate.
Jul 18, 2023 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
Thank god Azuma was a bro and this didn't turn into some ntr subplot.

Also still reusing the exact same hallway animation, maybe even others.
Jul 18, 2023 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
That was embarrassing lol.
Jul 18, 2023 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
3-episodes rule, and I'm thinking it's not working for me. The joke of Mei forgetting her glasses got old too quickly to the point it got ridiculous.

Buuuuuuuuuut I think the romance does work here. I don't know, maybe I'll come back when I binge the rest of the season.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 18, 2023 12:38 PM

Dec 2021
I genuinely wonder how this girl manages to get through each day, considering how forgetful she is with her glasses and the severity of her eyesight. She once even mistook a different guy for someone else and allowed him to get overly familiar with her.

It's perplexing how she can't distinguish between a plastic bag and a cat just a few feet away, but she can spot him with another girl down the hall based on a mere preview.

I constantly need to remind myself that they are just middle schoolers and not in high school. Though this wasn't an issue appearing with Yabai Yatsu last season.

Jul 18, 2023 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
Mie is so incredibly blind without glasses that it makes me wonder why she still wears regular glasses or hasn't had laser vision correction. Because she is one step away from crossing the line between a cute girl with glasses and a character with a serious disability.
Jul 18, 2023 12:55 PM
Aug 2019
The lack of interaction from other characters makes this story seem boring
i was try to enjoy it but i can't,I couldn't help feeling annoyed while watching it
Jul 18, 2023 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
Look treating her eyes come later, but FIRST AND FOREMOST this girl should go and do things to sharpen her memories.. I mean how is it possible she keeps forgetting her glasses lol, even if it's for the sake of story.

Though I'm glad the camera sickness has reduced a WHOLE lot after the first episode but that's kinda not true for those monologues our mc keeps repeating within his mind.

If we forget that she has critical vision problems, I also think that she has some kind of mental problem or autism spectrum disorder. I mean, not only does she forget an important element of her life almost every day, but she also cannot understand why everyone is speculating about her crush on a guy after she gave him a letter, even when her friends alluded to it almost openly.
Jul 18, 2023 1:28 PM

Feb 2018
Not sure how she wouldn't recognise his voice even if she couldn't see him but oh well.
Azuma seems to have found out Komura's feelings with that letter.
Jul 18, 2023 1:53 PM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:
Softhenic03 said:

If we forget that she has critical vision problems, I also think that she has some kind of mental problem or autism spectrum disorder. I mean, not only does she forget an important element of her life almost every day, but she also cannot understand why everyone is speculating about her crush on a guy after she gave him a letter, even when her friends alluded to it almost openly.
True lol. That's just making her conveniently clueless, but still I'm betting next episode we'd have some segment where she'd find the dude getting almost touchy with some other girl(as it was in preview), kind of revolting for some reason.
Jul 18, 2023 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
RobertBobert said:
True lol. That's just making her conveniently clueless, but still I'm betting next episode we'd have some segment where she'd find the dude getting almost touchy with some other girl(as it was in preview), kind of revolting for some reason.
Well, at this point it looks like a deliberate idiot ball kind of the show. The guy is too horny, the girl is too innocent an angel even for Japan, ikemen are like from shoujo manga, etc.
Jul 18, 2023 2:08 PM
Jun 2020
I'm not gonna lie, those last minutes were tense.
Jul 18, 2023 2:18 PM

Jun 2021
Nice job with the CGI in this one. Even though CGI sometimes gets the anime bad but it was brilliant this time.

What was the man doing letting the other guy (sunovabich) touch her like that, must protect. And I never thought putting Someone's glasses on could be romantic, I've done it but it didn't feel that way.

Lastly, finally a person who can write letter by writing their name on it properly or what kind of paradox it would've been. And that pinned down on the wall scene can't wait for the next episode.
Yandere_@lover
Jul 18, 2023 2:32 PM
Jan 2023
When Mie was petting a plastic bag and meowing at it and then turned around and started petting Komura and he meowed back, I laughed so hard. That was the last thing I expected to happen at the beginning of an episode.

Mie jumping at Komura when she heard about the cockroach was honestly kinda cute.

Oh and the letter, for once someone actually wrote their name on it, and the popular guy writes Mie a letter, unexpected but shows he's definitely not the "bad" guy here.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode, the camera angles were a little odd at times but other than that it was pretty good.
Jul 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Sep 2018
This is really is very much like "The Dangers in my Heart" and I'm all in on that.

I really don't care about the absurdity of Mie continually forgetting her glasses , the situations she and Komura get into as a result are just straight up adorable.

I'm even getting slightly immunised to the GoHands animation brain fuckery

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 18, 2023 3:03 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the last segment was so painful to watch. Komura is so pathetic I almost wished Mie actually liked that Azuma kid.
Like seriously, all you had to do was to explain to her what she had just done ffs.
Jul 18, 2023 3:08 PM
Aug 2021
the tiring glasses gag, the "creative" angles and CGI, and the silly cliche "comedic" mistake situations where nobody says a word to correct the obvious right away.
nope, not fun...I can't believe it but I'm about to drop this. there's way too much things to see this season to keep rewatching the same situation week after week.
Jul 18, 2023 3:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For a lot of these middle school/high school rom-coms with a timid and easily-flustered main character, the episodes would be significantly shorter if you cut out all the hesitation- and sure cut out that internal monologue that just repeats itself over and over while we're at it. This dude may have next to no distinguishable personality, even less than the norm which is already low, being more invisible than the guy from the invisible kubo-san show or whatever you call it, but hey at least he goes through with most of it. Like he does eventually figure out that she wants him to put her glasses on for her, and does eventually put them on after debating with himself if that would be too lewd. I'm 90% certain that this dude ejaculated prematurely once he felt her hair. I'll give it to him though, maybe even just hair is super ultra arousing if it's that of the crush whom you fantasize over all day. Where am I going with this, idfk.

Mie-san here needs to get her hearing checked as well though. Komura literally meowed BEHIND her, and she still thought it was coming from the plastic bag which she thought was a cat. She then proceeds to pet Komura's head at point blank range, and also above her head height, which would be really tall for a cat, but still thinks she is petting another cat. This is COMEDY! And maybe I'm wrong, but even if you're legally blind (which, she is, let's be real here), you are still able to distinguish different types of colours. And unless she's colorblind as well, somehow she thought the hot ladies' man dude with BLACK hair was Komura with his BLOND hair. Sigh. Let's just say that since they're all wearing black uniforms, it kind of all merges together in her vision and having different coloured hair would not be enough to tell people apart, I guess?? Whatever, doesn't matter. COMEDY.

I liked the first episode of this. But right now, that other GoHands show is clearing this by a mile.

edit: also gotta pay respects to Azuma and the cockroach. Both goated characters.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 18, 2023 3:39 PM

Nov 2021
I'm liking this show more with each episode. Looks like new characters are getting introduced, right now it feels like a strong supporting cast is missing.
Jul 18, 2023 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
Here I was worried with the NTR flag at the beginning of the episode but then Azuma subverted expectations with that giga chad move, he won, I already like him more than MC.

RobertBobert said:
I thought Mie's brain turn off when she has no glasses but she is just like that, weird, unique and special with or without them, it makes sense if she has autism. For the time being she is a lovable dummy.
Jul 18, 2023 4:02 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, that was pretty cringe, and not the funny cringe either. He was acting like a typical seething white boy this whole episode lol. This MC is too lame and timid for my liking, but he's not funny like Kazuya for example.

I was looking forward to this show when I first read the synopsis, probably the most disappointing show of the season for me.
Jul 18, 2023 4:03 PM

May 2019
I still don't know if Ai is purposefully forgetting her glasses or not as it seems to draw more attention to herself when she forgets plus it makes it convenient for Kaede to do mores stuff for her such as reading the note that Azuma wrote (I mean even without her glasses she should be able to read the note but whatever).

The misunderstanding was a bit annoying since Kaede could have just confirmed that Ai was just delivering the note and that it wasn't from her by simply asking her but at least it worked out at the end.
Jul 18, 2023 4:12 PM

Jun 2015
I had been waiting for this anime for a long time since the preview and I'm liking it a lot. I'm going to start with the manga since I can't wait for the next chapter. I was captivated by Mei's look and her hair.
Jul 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Jan 2021
WE'RE GOING FAST
dayum
this anime have 13 eps but already feels like an complete season of another rom com

Jul 18, 2023 4:36 PM

Jul 2014
I tried, I tried for Mie but I can't. I like her but the fact that she forgets her glasses so often when she can barely see without them just doesn't make sense. And I know this is an anime and things get exaggerated, but I just find it dumb here. Maybe it would work better if the segments were longer and there were fewer in a single episode, I don't know.

And then there's Komura who I just find annoying, at least in anime form.

Maybe I'll try the manga. Such a shame, I'm going to miss Shion Wakayama voicing Mie.
Jul 18, 2023 4:56 PM
Sep 2021
okay that twist with the letter at the end.. I was expecting the worst and didn't predict that it would say what it did but I'm so happy it said what it did ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Thank you Azuma for not taking my man Komuras girl.
Jul 18, 2023 5:48 PM
Mar 2015
"I have no talent for writing stories, so I'm just gonna jump all the hoops in a trip around the whole Earth to force a misunderstanding here."

This is a new record for most brain amputee level dogshit writing. Completely avoidable situation with the love letter with just the smallest, tiniest bit of reason. Just open your mouth! SAY SOMETHING! Why do you get angry and doubtful over the misunderstanding? YOU LITERALLY SAW HER PICK UP THE LOST LETTER, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Where "Dangers of My Heart" did it well by being smart about every situation, this one is tumbling down lubed stairs in a chicken suit. Done with this shitshow, bye bye.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 23

6 by DriiMexYT »»
May 23, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2023

113 by Kzmapai »»
May 1, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

429 by Humaneky »»
Mar 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2023

75 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2023

86 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 5:05 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.