Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 15, 2023 7:40 AM
Feb 2023
I've been using the site for 5 months and I'm really enjoying it, but I think that in some points the site could be better, for example not thinking that the best rated anime is the best anime, or so many fight for different opinions, and for you how could the site be better?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2023 7:42 AM

May 2020
First thing that come to mind is increasing the number of favorites to 20 for each category & not turn that feature into a DLC!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jul 15, 2023 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
"What could make MyAnimeList a better site?"

More polite people please. :)

^ Also, I agree with Hitagi__Furude.
Jul 15, 2023 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
Hitagi__Furude said:
First thing that come to mind is increasing the number of favorites to 20 for each category & not turn that feature into a DLC!!!

Might I suggest even something better? A list for characters like we have for anime and manga. The database is already there, just need a button on the character page that says "Add to my list". After seeing so many shows, I have far greater number of characters I would want to add there than 20.
Jul 15, 2023 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Customizable thumbnails for favorites, similar to interest stacks.
Jul 15, 2023 7:50 AM
Feb 2021
Making Searching by genre or tags easier like the other sites
Jul 15, 2023 7:53 AM

Feb 2011
Relaxing forum rules to allow people to have a conversation.
Hitagi__Furude said:

I find this feature useless. 9 times out of 10, I don't bother to check users' favorites past default ten. Also, you can make your own favorite sections in blog or in your about me like I did:
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=899351
Jul 15, 2023 7:56 AM

Jun 2016
I can have Hitler as my favorite guy and get away with posting some really retarded shit. I think it's unironically great.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 15, 2023 7:57 AM

Jan 2020
Adding a feature that groups several anime into a franchise, adding the possibility of putting manga as sequel of an anime and vice-versa (Boogiepop Phantom and Utena for example have manga sequels), and differentiating from manga and light novels.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Jul 15, 2023 8:02 AM

Jan 2023
Adding more customization to the site like having a custom background instead of a dull white/black color.

(I do not feel like downloading fucking extensions)
Jul 15, 2023 8:10 AM
Apr 2022
offjv said:
I've been using the site for 5 months and I'm really enjoying it, but I think that in some points the site could be better, for example not thinking that the best rated anime is the best anime, or so many fight for different opinions, and for you how could the site be better?

Duh, no more anonymity
Voting system. Auto removal of troll posts.

= Instant civility.
Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
The community is the main thing. We got too many couch potatoes on this site trying to appear like scholars and criticizing others for how they watch and rate anime rather than enjoying it for the leisure activity that it is. Virtue signalers are also annoying. They devote a lot of energy into complaining about things in anime they find problematic. They criticize members of the community for not being as emotional about things that bother them. But at the same time, you never know if these people are actually doing anything of substance to better the world or people in it beyond getting on soapboxes to complain about events or people in a show that don't even exist.
Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM

Aug 2018
There are a lot of manga pending for moderator's approval. The manga moderation of MAL is extremely slow. I am sure they have their reason but it is the main complaint I have against MAL.

And secondly, it is my personal opinion, I think hentai anime and manga should not be included in the database.

Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jul 15, 2023 8:25 AM

Apr 2023
Combine separated seasons into one entry and allow export/import to/from imdb.

And change the terrible review system already.
Jul 15, 2023 8:26 AM

Oct 2019
A proper review system: It went from bad to worse, and It's borderline unusable to me now

more mods with the goal of controlling the trolls: There are a lot, and I do mean a LOT of trolls on this site. a bigger mod team to bonk them would be great.

drop scale: the affect of one's score when they have dropped the show, should match the amount of the show they have seen. for example, if someone dropped a 20episode long show 2 episodes in and gave it a 1/10, their score should count as "10%" of one normal vote. that way, the bias mal has towards slow burners can go away. it will also lessen the sequel bias by giving an advantage to first seasons.

full entry section: mal would benefit, from having a new section among "movies, ona, popular, ...." that combines all of the entries and ranks them, but getting the average score of all seasons/movies. it would just be something that is extremely useful to the purpose of the site. and would be an add on that no one would complain about.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 15, 2023 8:28 AM

Oct 2019
Noitora33 said:
There are a lot of manga pending for moderator's approval. The manga moderation of MAL is extremely slow. I am sure they have their reason but it is the main complaint I have against MAL.

And secondly, it is my personal opinion, I think hentai anime and manga should not be included in the database.

hentai anime, there is so little of it that it doesn't really hurt to have.

but with them being extremely slow on approving manga, and considering the sheer number of doujin that there is out there, yeah, I would say cutting out 18+ doujins is a good idea.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 15, 2023 8:30 AM

Dec 2018
A better ignore function. I can't believe that mal ignore function is so useless. It doesn't solve anything and also makes the moderator's job harder   

With as real block function as they have on FB or Twitter, would give the user a tool to solve many conflicts themself before it turns into a flame war. And the moderators don't need to step in every time

If somebody attacks you, and you report the abuse it takes the moderator around 500 weeks before they do something. And often the abuse will continue while you wait for them to finally do their job. With a block function, it could be solved in a second and they can put their time to better use. Why not make it easier for themselves and us users?

I would also love to have a 100-point system instead of 10/10. Or at leasest give us the option to use one if we wish to use that rather than the current  

Yuri-CrusaderJul 15, 2023 8:36 AM
Jul 15, 2023 8:35 AM

Nov 2018
Turn clubs into Discord-like groups without having users resort to using Discord itself.

More customizations, more staff roles, emojis, live chatting, just take what makes Discord so much better. We're stuck in this era of dial-up chatting where you have no clue when a person may reply to you until you happen to refresh the page. You can have a full conversation with someone on Discord in like 30 minutes of your time. On MAL, the same conversation may take a few hours to complete.

MAL clubs are mostly dead, besides the largest and more active clubs. If MAL wants to keep retention of its users and revitalize clubs, this is the way to go IMO.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 15, 2023 8:44 AM

Dec 2022
Definitely a higher favorites limit, I'm sure many people agree with me on this one
Jul 15, 2023 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
timer countdown on the seasonal page https://myanimelist.net/anime/season AniList already has it so MAL should implement this too
Jul 15, 2023 8:53 AM

Jan 2021
Fate/Apocrypha Side of Survivor added to the database... 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jul 15, 2023 9:03 AM
Jul 2023
Change the entire design. Less words and less fartings too
Jul 15, 2023 9:05 AM
Jul 2023
Too many mods. Kick them out
Alien' site. Freaking the users out
Jul 15, 2023 9:15 AM

May 2019
10000 character limit would better than 5000 in the about me design profile text.
Jul 15, 2023 9:16 AM
May 2016
Make old anime recommendations from the 70s, 80s, 90s on the homepage. MAL only recommends new and popular anime on the homepage. I think old animes are better than most new animes
Jul 15, 2023 9:20 AM

Aug 2016
Incorporating some features that have been suggested in this site that'd be productive/useful
Jul 15, 2023 9:27 AM

Sep 2020
By fixing there broken ass database.
Jul 15, 2023 9:28 AM

Dec 2021
Fix the damn reviews. Add a dislike button, because whenever there's a terrible review it still gets tons of interaction with "confusing" and gets boosted to the top anyway. There are so many shows where the top review is some contrarian bullshit.
Jul 15, 2023 9:29 AM

Nov 2019
tchitchouan said:
10000 character limit would better than 5000 in the about me design profile text.

Or you could just return to the Classic Version without any text limitation and let your design skills affirm your standards.

Any suggestion for the shite, @Catalano?
SgtBateManJul 15, 2023 9:33 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 15, 2023 9:29 AM

Sep 2010
Too much to write it down but the most important thing would be starting to listen to its users.
Jul 15, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:
A better ignore function. I can't believe that mal ignore function is so useless. It doesn't solve anything and also makes the moderator's job harder   

With as real block function as they have on FB or Twitter, would give the user a tool to solve many conflicts themself before it turns into a flame war. And the moderators don't need to step in every time

If somebody attacks you, and you report the abuse it takes the moderator around 500 weeks before they do something. And often the abuse will continue while you wait for them to finally do their job. With a block function, it could be solved in a second and they can put their time to better use. Why not make it easier for themselves and us users?

I would also love to have a 100-point system instead of 10/10. Or at leasest give us the option to use one if we wish to use that rather than the current  

I definitely agree with a better ignore function. It should be the forum equivalent to blocking someone. They can't directly quote/respond to you, they can't @ you, nothing.

I also wish there was no limit to blocking and ignoring users. Other sites have no limit
Jul 15, 2023 9:41 AM

Aug 2020
MAL should revise the "random x vs y" rule and brief it to their mods otherwise even saying "this show reminds me of that show" can be interpreted as such.
Jul 15, 2023 9:43 AM

Apr 2020
Fixing the atrocious review system would make a world of difference.
Jul 15, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2022
ateks said:
Too much to write it down but the most important thing would be starting to listen to its users.

This ^, maybe satan spawns can add decimal rating cuz even had to make FAQ about it, instead of mess with forums every time add a reply button top
Jul 15, 2023 10:44 AM

Oct 2019
ThisAaugh said:
Definitely a higher favorites limit, I'm sure many people agree with me on this one
but then they would have to put actual effort into making people want to be mal supporters.

like, why would they add actual cool features that are actually worth paying for, when they can give them more favourites? 

I shit you not they have tried to monetize blocking people. WTF?

make mal supporters vote for new thing to add to the website or something like that!!
Also available at:

Jul 15, 2023 10:54 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
Better privacy features (and a better user base). 
Jul 15, 2023 11:13 AM

Jul 2020
They should group together the scores’ of anime with multiple entries (aka seasons or cours) and average it out when it comes to the top anime list. So many of the top 100 is dominated by 12 episode cours and just different seasons of the same show. For example Gintama and AoT take up a combined 14 places in the top 100. But I think OVAs and movies should be excluded from consolidation if there is enough time or difference between them.
Jul 15, 2023 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
I believe that one of the biggest improvements to the site would be if there’s a feature that allows us to see our entire forum post history. I’ve always wanted to see my old forum posts, but couldn’t do so because of no pagination. If this feature does get added, we could also have a way for people to hide their old post history if they don't want others looking at their old posts. That would be a huge upgrade in my opinion. 
Jul 15, 2023 6:23 PM

Mar 2019
1) Stop adding shows to a seasonal page they're not part of just because they had an episode premiere somewhere. (Eg. Eminence in Shadow is not airing this season, but it's on this season's page because it had an episode debut.) Yes this usually gets fixed after X amount of time but it's dumb that it happens at all.

2) Let us decide what language's title we want to use as default for the whole site, not just our personal page.

3) Review system overhaul. But good this time.

4) Put some more effort into other features of this site like clubs/blogs. Seems those are basically just neglected.
Jul 16, 2023 10:11 AM

Jun 2020
Fixing reviews not by emojis reaction but how helpful they are.

Stop people from making trollish comments or behaviours.
I am bad at explaining.
Jul 16, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:
i think they should just let us do however many we want !

Dec 2022
Oreos-Chan said:
Fixing reviews not by emojis reaction but how helpful they are.

Stop people from making trollish comments or behaviours.
i think we should also be able to comment on reviews as well

Jul 2016
Perfectly comfortable with the current state of the site itself, but I'd would really appreciate a less little hornyposting from the community...

IK that's very much wishful thinking, no need to tell me.
Jul 16, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
1. Allow controversial topic threads but implement strict bans for users who bring toxicity into the discussions.

2. Stop counting the emoji the users have been using as the dislike/unhelpful button a.k.a. "Confusing" as review popularity booster.

3. Make it more convenient to access most recent reviews on an anime/manga page, probably by adding "most recent" and "most voted/helpful" links in place of the current "more reviews".

• reminder to do something today that will make your life better •
• true failure is when you stop trying •

Jul 16, 2023 10:39 AM

Aug 2020
Ceasing its existence for once and for all.

Jul 16, 2023 10:40 AM

Aug 2020
Nah for real, Light Novels should have a different space instead of sharing one with manga.

Jul 16, 2023 11:01 AM

Oct 2022
Serafos said:

Those people are the entertainment lol.
Yes
Jul 16, 2023 11:05 AM

Feb 2020
BananaGod34 said:
Serafos said:

Well, that's awesome thing to know lol.
Jul 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
More columns for your anime list and the ability to rename them.

Jul 16, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2022
Serafos said:
BananaGod34 said:

Well, that's awesome thing to know lol.
I mean I meant the impolite people, but I guess the polite people too just from how rare they are on this site.
Yes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - Yesterday

21 by DarkShame2 »»
11 minutes ago

» WHat's an anime that would be great if a genderswapped version was made?

TheBlockernator - 57 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
29 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - 6 hours ago

20 by Spunkert »»
31 minutes ago

» "Goes With Everything" Moments

JaaShooUhh - 57 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago

» Can someone please help me fine the name of an old anime ( no pics available)

Karimhi - Jun 8

5 by Karimhi »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.