Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hizuru/Ryuunosuke fought well against that Shadow. Tbh, I had some doubts at first but she wrecked that monster.

She's the type of character they need and deserve. Decent episode and it also highlighted what her personality is like when she's with Ryuunosuke.
Stark700Aug 18, 2022 8:34 AM
Aug 18, 2022 3:52 PM

Feb 2019
What an episode!!! We are definitely gearing up for the final battle. Shit’s really getting real and you definitely feel that tension of shinpei having his back against the wall. Basically his strongest ally and biggest supporter is gone. Now it’s up to him to fight his way out against overwhelming odds. I’m hype.

The animation today was outsourced to Gainax Kyoto and I liked it a lot. Hizuru/Ryunosuke v Shide was awesome. Hizuru looked so bad ass at the end there. No way Ushio is gone for good, can’t wait to see how they bring her back.

Also is that a..
Marinate1016Aug 18, 2022 4:00 PM
Aug 18, 2022 4:11 PM

May 2019
When Hizuru was brandishing her sledgehammer towards the latter half of the episode, it was a reference to one of the manga's volume covers. In other news, hit just went from 100 to 0 real quick since the end of last episode.

Well, Following the rather one-two punch of the Shadows from last week, Shinpei seems pretty desperate now that he's at the very end of the "Event Horizon." But while it very much seemed to be the end of the line for our MC in the episode's first few minutes—disregarding the fact that there's 6 more episodes left in this series—Haine seems to have other plots to attend to. If ya ask me, the Shadows are taking good advantage of Shinpei's weak and blind spots to his many ploys, and none is most evident here with the planned meetup on Torajima Island. On the bright side though, the undoing of Shadow Mio by Ushio is still present, so that's as close as we can get to a good-powered ally despite her contrasting dark and blunt personality.

Meanwhile, the main cast is split up into two groups once again, with Shinpei having to leverage which one is more vulnerable (though my money is on helping Mio & Sou if he decides to act.) Additionally, the inner workings of Ryuunosuke's foresight ability is now understood and why he is able to dodge most attacks; but of course, the Shadows have a similar trick up their sleeves in the hands of Shide. Unsurprisingly, the episode is focused more on action on the smaller island since these characters are more of the hands-on fighting types, and more specifically on the Minakata twins with a more detailed look at the communication between the two personalities in Hizuru's body.

And once again, the production staff have left us on a cliffhanger and a muted tactic section, the latter of which would most likely be revealed in a further episode. Also, the slight foreshadowing on episode 20's title "All is (not) lost." is making me have all sorts of thoughts in my head, the greatest of which either a revival of Ushio or a probable downfall of either side—we'll just have to see what else the plot has for us.

"A game ain't fun until it's fair."

Aug 18, 2022 6:01 PM

Feb 2021
that fight was so fucking cool the rocks splitting in slow motion (but her hair is flowing in real time lmao) reminded me of the ousama ranking final fight. to think she was able to outplay shide was insane to see but the shadows are so fucking cool looking. shide's form and haines eye just looks so damn evil in any body she copies. with only 6 episodes left perhaps this is the final loop where we start to see a resolution to this insane climax. its weird but i hope haine lives at the end somehow but ends up good or something. also still need to know what happened to the mio group havent seen them since their interaction with shide so im assuming dead?
ScuzzyBearAug 18, 2022 6:06 PM

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Aug 18, 2022 6:03 PM

Sep 2019
Hizuru being a bad ass as usual. I'm hoping she doesn't die.
Aug 18, 2022 6:08 PM
Aug 2022
This episode truly demonstrates how bad their situation is in with the forcing of hizuru's trump card; a masterpiece of an episode.
Aug 18, 2022 6:37 PM

Feb 2019
another good episode
Aug 18, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2016
The title of the next episode…is that supposed to be reference to Rebuild of Evangelion?
Aug 18, 2022 7:54 PM

May 2016
feel like we got cucked in this episode to. kinda boring and had a cliffhanger for the good part.
Aug 18, 2022 9:43 PM
Mar 2015
Hizuru come out to play The Shadows aren't the only ones with bodies to spare
Aug 18, 2022 11:41 PM
Jun 2021
one more amazing episode!
Aug 18, 2022 11:45 PM

Mar 2010
Hizuru is queen! I hope she defeats shide next episode.

I wonder why Haine ran away and not kill Shinpei..
Aug 18, 2022 11:58 PM
Oct 2021
Hizuru continues to be one of the most interesting and likable characters this season. Her measured way of considering everything, so much so that she can keep up with current events despite not retaining memories of the loops like Shinpei, as well as her reassuring, unshakeable determination, is probably such a balm to the party's anxieties. Her and Ryuunosuke's relationship is so bittersweet. I do wonder how they were able to communicate synchronously at the end, though.
Aug 19, 2022 12:20 AM
Aug 2015
This series is so fucking good. It is amazing how they manage to make me uncomfortable and break my hopes everytime that the shadows will finally be beaten.
I think Shinpei and Mio going to split up and go for the two groups, but I have no clue if they are too late or not.
Aug 19, 2022 12:24 AM

Feb 2021
Levi1108 said:
Sotara said:

I wrote PMs to both you with a link to watch the episode.
It got released today where I live thanks though

You are welcome!!
Aug 19, 2022 1:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
No freaking way 20 minutes have already passed by

Even though Shinpei's returning point moves up every time he loops (he even might be on his 2nd last if not THE last loop right now!) it is also convenient in a way that he doesn't have to explain everything all over again to the group. In fact I don't remember him having to do such a thing that much. It seems like he loops back in time and everyone is already in the know of what's going on. The thing I'm confused about is what events are SOLIDIFIED (the events before the current checkpoint that Shinpei can no longer return to), and what events have been ERASED due to the loop. If I remember correctly, Snipei's returning point simply moves up 12 or 24 or however many hours every time he loops, regardless of how long he has stayed alive in his most recent loop. So if he has managed to stay alive for several days before dying and looping, then that's several days of events that have essentially been erased. And what confuses me a bit is just how much has been changed

ANYWAY no biggie, I'm still really enjoying this despite my small brain. And man I especially enjoyed the end of this episode where Hizuru is like "break my body". Oh dear me oh my.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 19, 2022 1:38 AM
Nov 2014
I don't understand how it's possible to have 2 Shides at the same time like in the last episode or here, one at the garden and one on the island. Last time, the human form was killed by Ushio, only then being followed up by a Shide from behind. Both without shadow presence. How is this possible? There should only be one (real) Shide with this specific age.
Aug 19, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2021
Great episode! This seems to now be Shinpei's final loop...
Haine has been spying on Shinpei as a crow it seems. Her 'bye bye' when she set the shadows on him and the kids was pretty scary xD. But something stopped them from attacking and made Haine retreat...
Haine copied Shinpei in the third loop and it is now being used in the eighth! She lured over Hizuru and everyone...
Two versions of his phone are usable in this world.
Mio's shadow is still at the house as Mio trapped her there.
Shinpei's shadow called Shinpei from Hizuro's phone...
Mio and Hizuru are in different spots and he has to choose who to save...
Hizuru tries to lure Shinpei's shadow over so Nezu can have a clear shot on her...
She dodges the hit behind her from Shide who is in human form.
Seems that Hizuru expelled Ryuunosuke's data and that is why Ryuunosuke is 2 seconds in the future...
And Haine is telepathically telling Shide Ryuunosuke's actions that are 2 seconds into the future.
Hizuru's body is not holding up very well under Ryuunosuke's use so Hizuru takes over.
And he is now talking to her in real time somehow.
She decides on a strategy and tells Ryuunosuke to leave the thinking to her and not care about her safety...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 19, 2022 2:19 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 19, 2022 2:18 AM

Oct 2017
Best girl Hizuru kicking ass.

Nice volume 3 cover reference.

MegamiRemAug 22, 2022 11:02 AM
Aug 19, 2022 2:33 AM

Dec 2020
So Haine has copied Shinpei body that is not good for hizuru but damn ryuonsuke is strong and this moves.
Really good episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Aug 19, 2022 3:05 AM
Nov 2019
Those action-packed episodes fly by so fast
Aug 19, 2022 4:28 AM

Feb 2020
waiting a whole week is so long but so worth it each time (':
Aug 19, 2022 6:09 AM
Aug 2015
Even if shide clearly inside the Mud armor, but he is not dead when Hizuru hammering the four-arm's head?! Why?
Aug 19, 2022 6:51 AM

May 2020
im still confused with the power level.
Do the human sides have super power other than shinpei? because i swear the shadows are retarded. Even though Hizuru posses superhuman strength but that doesnt mean shes strong than hide or haine.
Aug 19, 2022 7:20 AM
Sep 2021
We gonna get some sick fight animations in the next episode
Aug 19, 2022 7:38 AM

Jun 2021
Right off the bat, Shinpei has to deal with these big shadow bastards when he’s basically at the end of his loops. Fucking Haine…..the little bitch has to go!

Not only has Shinpei been copied, Haine in Shadow Shinpei form has split the team up. This is just going from bad to worse. I hate that the team knows this is possibly a trap but have no other alternatives. But man, Poor Totsumura getting no respect lol.

Nagumo won’t go down that easy, not even against that fucker Shide and his Shadow Venom form. I liked how her bro was so excited to be able to talk to her in his own form, kind of a light moment in an otherwise tense af situation. But shit, Nagumo has some insane plan and it’s gonna kill her at this rate. She’s already partly smashed to hell after just tangling with the big fucker like that.
Aug 19, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
With Ushio's presence gone, Shinpei starts his 8th loop with Haine in a crow body, mocking him that he's quite close to the Event Horizon, and then copying Akari like her motive's never-ending with the slew of Shadows that he couldn't defeat by himself. But in the nick of time, something caused both her and the Shadows to retreat, and this gives Shinpei the opportunity to contact the others to rethink their strategy.

Unbeknownst to them, Hizuru and the others were led astray by Haine copying Shinpei in the 3rd loop and using it in this loop, leading Karakiri direct to them. A good thng that Shadow Mio was fine aside from some scuffles, but Shinpei's body and phone were both copied to the point where you couldn't tell the real from the fake, and he's faced with a dilemma to save either Hizuru or Mio's group, debunking his mentality.

Mio and Sou met by Karakiri, and the rest met by Haine with guards armed up...except for Totsumura who is hilariously neglected only until noticed. That gives Hizuru/Ryuunosuke to meet Haine privately while laying the bait, and Harakiri lying in wait to kill Ryuunosuke means that they know her double-personality secret. In truth, Masahito Karakiri is the catalyst working with Haine, and he literally has no weakness that's made out of corpses in Shide's form, and no matter how much Hizuru as Ryuunosuke tries to fight her, she's limited by her own core strength.

This is JJK's level of insanity, and Hizuru is ready to go beyond her limits to defeat Haine. Once and for all.
The road to the end just keeps getting more hyped.
Aug 19, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2020
bro now i gotta wait a whole damn week FUUUUACK
Aug 19, 2022 11:20 AM

May 2018
Hizuru/Ryuunosuke so cool there!
Aug 19, 2022 11:20 AM

Apr 2021
Hizuru and Ryuunosuke are strong alright!!!! Those moves were awesome!!!
They need a really good strategy if they want to defeat the other two. Anyways I'm excited to see next week's episode!!!
Aug 19, 2022 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
If Haine's been able to maintain copies across loops this whole time, why hasn't she used it before? She could have copied Shinpei ages ago to "use his brain" and out-think him to find a way to victory, but apparently decided not to? Or is this another case where the author thought of the power midway through and just tacked it on without thinking about how little everything would make sense retroactively.

More to the point, if Haine knows with absolute certainty that Shinpei is at the "cliff's edge", why isn't she just killing him to end this once and for all? I can't think of a rational reason for the character of Haine to not kill him at this point when she very clearly has the power to do so; it's clear that she's only toying with them like this because it's the only way to give the characters enough time to find a way out of this. Also, how are there two Shides and why is Ryuunosuke-Hizuru basically a superhuman?

Every episode the writing delves more and more into bad shounen tropes and contrivances, and if there wasn't just six episodes left I'd probably just drop it now and move on to a show that isn't just making shit up as it goes along. I don't even care that they're well-animated fights at this point when the power scaling and general writing is this disappointing.
Aug 19, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
Does Haine not know her eyes don't change when she shifts form? I feel like anyone would see Shinpei with different eyes and be like, "Yo, you're not Shinpei." Why even bother to try and act?

Otherwise, this may have been my favorite episode of the series, so far. There was a good amount of tension with the characters not knowing each other's fates, and we get to see Hizuru and Ryuunosuke shine quite a bit in their battle with Shide. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode. Though, I'm unsure if Hizuru can really beat Shide. At the rate their going maybe a double-KO?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 19, 2022 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
We're near the endgame bois and we need Shinpei to think fast on how to best approach this dire situation.
Also Hizuru/Ryuunoske are badass AF this ep. I'm waiting for Nezu with the backup no scope assists again!!!
Aug 19, 2022 2:05 PM

Oct 2016
TheSmitecrawler said:
I don't understand how it's possible to have 2 Shides at the same time like in the last episode or here, one at the garden and one on the island. Last time, the human form was killed by Ushio, only then being followed up by a Shide from behind. Both without shadow presence. How is this possible? There should only be one (real) Shide with this specific age.
I'm also still a little confused about the two Shide thing so I totally understand you. What I thought at first is that the og Karikiri (human) had a baby with Haine and the child managed to copy its father memories and transfer the data to himself with Haines help before the og Karikiri died. So he could somewhat live forever. And then Haine kinda... repeated that process? with her own sons? So maybe all the new descedants from Karikiri/Haine doesn't show a shadow presence because they still have a little of human in them. Assuming that there's at least two Shides running around at this time period.
Aug 19, 2022 2:09 PM

Jul 2022
seems like hizuru has a plan, but if ryunosuke keeps fighting with her body she might die
our bois are in a piCkLe
Aug 19, 2022 2:10 PM
Jul 2019
Atavistic said:
If Haine's been able to maintain copies across loops this whole time, why hasn't she used it before? She could have copied Shinpei ages ago to "use his brain" and out-think him to find a way to victory, but apparently decided not to? Or is this another case where the author thought of the power midway through and just tacked it on without thinking about how little everything would make sense retroactively.

More to the point, if Haine knows with absolute certainty that Shinpei is at the "cliff's edge", why isn't she just killing him to end this once and for all? I can't think of a rational reason for the character of Haine to not kill him at this point when she very clearly has the power to do so; it's clear that she's only toying with them like this because it's the only way to give the characters enough time to find a way out of this. Also, how are there two Shides and why is Ryuunosuke-Hizuru basically a superhuman?

Every episode the writing delves more and more into bad shounen tropes and contrivances, and if there wasn't just six episodes left I'd probably just drop it now and move on to a show that isn't just making shit up as it goes along. I don't even care that they're well-animated fights at this point when the power scaling and general writing is this disappointing.

Haine actively used S!Shinpei this time because that is the situation where it can be more effective: Ushio is out, Shinpei can't reach them, and the crew was divided - plus, S!Shinpei also had a credible reason to make Mio and Sou incapacitate S!Mio, who also would be able to recognize S!Shinpei personally. With all of them together, Shide's side would not be able to trick Shinpei's allies using the shadow one.

Also, it was clear that Haine was affected by something related with the presence of Ushio, in some form, that was stored in the shell - something who will be explained later; it's not a cheap plot device - same with the super strength of Hizuru/Ryuunosuke, whose logic was explained at episode 14 and again now.
Aug 19, 2022 3:38 PM
Aug 2019
I hope Hizuru doesn’t die ๐Ÿ™
Aug 19, 2022 4:22 PM

Apr 2018
jvsmiranda said:
Atavistic said:

Haine actively used S!Shinpei this time because that is the situation where it can be more effective: Ushio is out, Shinpei can't reach them, and the crew was divided - plus, S!Shinpei also had a credible reason to make Mio and Sou incapacitate S!Mio, who also would be able to recognize S!Shinpei personally. With all of them together, Shide's side would not be able to trick Shinpei's allies using the shadow one.

Also, it was clear that Haine was affected by something related with the presence of Ushio, in some form, that was stored in the shell - something who will be explained later; it's not a cheap plot device - same with the super strength of Hizuru/Ryuunosuke, whose logic was explained at episode 14 and again now.

Leave it.

Every episode, he tries to find the slightest flaw with as much bad faith as possible to spit on the show.

And yet everything is explained or explainable if you watch the show well.

All this, because the show doesn't go where he wanted it to go.
Aug 19, 2022 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
So both Shadow and Human Shide have Armor...damn dude that is wild!!!

Ushio being dead took a back seat to Hizura being a bad ass bitch in this episode. Crazy...but with what happened in this episode with Haine calling Shinpei from Hizuru's phone...im worried...especially since all those death flags were waved.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 19, 2022 5:07 PM

May 2021
Shide talking about "fairness" while essentially being the equivalent of the end boss was hilarious. Hizuru was an absolute badass in this episode, ready to sacrifice her body with a plan that Shide and Haine were kind enough to give enough time so that it could be explained to Ryuunosuke.

Aug 19, 2022 7:06 PM
Jan 2022
I don't understand why it suddenly no phone signal this time, like it never happened in advance. Is this just plot device so they could be separated to three groups? Before they decided to go, why not they make phone call each other to confirm the phone call is from Shinpei or not? God these characters seems like took stupid decisions since last week episode.
Aug 19, 2022 10:09 PM
Jun 2022
Ardi8 said:
I don't understand why it suddenly no phone signal this time, like it never happened in advance. Is this just plot device so they could be separated to three groups? Before they decided to go, why not they make phone call each other to confirm the phone call is from Shinpei or not? God these characters seems like took stupid decisions since last week episode.

shinpei was literally in the forest why would there be reception out there?? also even if they did call each other to ask about shinpei's messages to each other that STILL would not confirm whether it's the real one or not since no one can tell if it's a shadow through the phone and also the shadow didn't say anything suspicious so it's easy to believe. You just need to put yourself in their shoes because I know for a fact you would not have called the others plus it would've been useless to do so anyways.
Aug 20, 2022 12:37 AM

Dec 2020
OH THAT WAS BADASSSSS. ryuunosuke at the end there getting excited n all cutiee i lovw him so much๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Kinddda worried abt mio and sou.. have a feeling they're gonna die. sou with a higher chance since he'll probably do anything to protect mio
Aug 20, 2022 2:22 AM

Jun 2021
hizuru sounded segxy when she gavbe all green to make use of her body and especailly the "go ahead and break my body" part
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Aug 20, 2022 3:25 AM
Sep 2021
Incredible episode, especially the part 2.

Next week is gonna be peak animation I think !

Apart from that, I made a line version of the fight if you wanna check it out :P

https://twitter.com/MiniFreeza/status/1560934978988507137
Aug 20, 2022 5:00 AM
Apr 2021
THIS SHIT WAS HYPEEEEEE ESPECIALLY NEAR THE END, the rocks floating in mid air while Haine who looks like Shinpei looks at ryunosuke hitting Harikiri was soooo fresh๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Aug 20, 2022 7:44 AM
Oct 2019
Crazy Episode!!

Hizuru and Ryuunosuke vs Shide was Insane!!

but how the hell there is two Shide at the same time in different location?

damn episode of Summer Time always felt like 5 mins.
Every time the ending song shows up i'm yelling NOOOOO!!!
Aug 20, 2022 2:56 PM
Jun 2022
Nothing can probably compare to the insanity that was episode 18 so I'm probably unfairly underrating this episode in comparison, but still a very intense and solid episode for the show. At this point I'm super happy the story is being executed in a single longer season instead of being boringly split up into different seasons :D The animation is on point as always and I'm very glad to be able to experience this show in real time, even if the wait for next week's episode is going to be brutal
Aug 21, 2022 12:12 AM
May 2022
TheSmitecrawler said:

1. Shide is not a looping entity (unlike Shinpei, Ushio and Haine), thus what happens in one loop does not affect the other. He simply gets the info relayed to him by Haine. So, even though one of them was killed in one loop, it's not dead in this loop.

2. How can he have two copies? Simple really. All of them are Haine's children. Haine could simply give birth to more than one. As Hishigata said, "they are perfect clones of Karikiri".
Aug 21, 2022 12:24 AM

Feb 2021
This series is so good. Every episode has been either amazing or better than your average shows in general. I didn't expect the one who's calling Hizuru and and the rest is Haine as Shinpei. The mystery now is, how come there are two Shides existing at the same time? I thought one is real and the other is a shadow, but apparently Ryuunosuke confirms that this Shide is also a human. Except Haine keeps on giving birth to more babies which she imprints the original Shide's memories to those babies. That's fucked up.

Just how fast can Ryuunosuke move? Hizuru and him are badasses!

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.