Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2022 9:57 PM

Mar 2014
Know nothing about Shenmue but looks good so far
Feb 5, 2022 10:00 PM

Jul 2017
The classic Dreamcast game of the same name released 2 decades earlier, now turned into an anime 23 years later.

Briefly remembered the game since I'm beginning to be more of a retro nut, and Telecom Animation Film did a decent job on the reimagination of the classic, cult-following 1999 game. Bailu Village may never look as great as the game, but it's close enough.

Also, the nostalgia grows because MC Ryo Hazuki and his villain Lan Di's VA are the EXACT same as the Japanese original, and both Masaya Matsukaze and Takahiro Sakurai did a knock-out job. Some of the new VAs like Haruka Terui and Haruka Fushimi as Shenhua and Nozomi Harusaki respectively are these to keep things fresh for newcomers into the Shenmue universe.

For the premiere episode, this is exact to the game's premise (as in the OG 1999/2000 game) of Lan Di murdering Ryo's father, the head of the Hazuki Dojo, and for a replication, this is acceptable enough. And Ryo is just getting started on scouting for Lan Di and digging his father's past to know every nook and cranny of what happened before it did.

Kashitarou Itou's OP is decent enough, all things considered.

To see Shenmue get an anime adaptation some 20+ years later since the game's inception, this is a good start. But given that director Chikara Sakurai is back from One-Punch Man Season 2 to direct this, I'm quite worried for the adaptation going forward.

Mod Edit: Removed back-seat modding.
anime-primeFeb 9, 2022 12:53 PM
Feb 5, 2022 10:00 PM
Dec 2020
First episode was pretty decent
Feb 5, 2022 10:07 PM

Mar 2021
Massive Shenmue fan here, my favourite game of all time, but I wasn't impressed with the first episode of the anime. I personally thought it was rushed and a bit of a mess. The voice acting in Engllish was bad, the art wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Disappointed with the start, hopefully it gets better.
Feb 5, 2022 10:09 PM

Oct 2011
at the pace its going it looks like they will try to summarize 2 games into a 1cour?
first episode is okay it was a nice retelling
Feb 5, 2022 10:31 PM

Jul 2017
I think the first episode in particular feels a bit too fast (having played the games) because they're trying to connect Ryo's past (which wasn't in shenmue 1) and the first few hours of the game to set the tone of the next few episodes to come.

They had to condense a few things but honestly it all felt fine the way they did it. The only thing I didn't like was Ine-san agreeing to Ryo's revenge thing so easily. That would have never happened in the game. That aside, goddamn, that was GREAT!!

The soundtrack is incredible. Loved the Ending animation & credits! Gonna have to give this a solid 8.5/10 for now. Next episode may increase that. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2022 10:40 PM

Mar 2021
RetroLord120 said:
I think the first episode in particular feels a bit too fast (having played the games) because they're trying to connect Ryo's past (which wasn't in shenmue 1) and the first few hours of the game to set the tone of the next few episodes to come.

They had to condense a few things but honestly it all felt fine the way they did it. The only thing I didn't like was Ine-san agreeing to Ryo's revenge thing so easily. That would have never happened in the game. That aside, goddamn, that was GREAT!!

The soundtrack is incredible. Loved the Ending animation & credits! Gonna have to give this a solid 8.5/10 for now. Next episode may increase that. :)

Chai appearing so early was easily the worst part for me. I hated that. There was just way too much change and I really hate when another media decides to rush through the original version. I hate it when Anime rushes through Manga and it's the same with this. Slow it down, tell the story, I don't need to everything to happen in the first episode. My attention span isn't that bad.

Also, another thing I didn't like was Nozomi's character design. She looked nothing like Nozomi.
Feb 5, 2022 10:52 PM

Feb 2019
WAIT WTF, no one told me we were getting a shenmue anime this season. Shenmue was literally my childhood growing up on the original Xbox.

It’s been so long since the game came out so it’s impossible for me to really comment on the pacing or how faithful they’ve been in this first episode, but I’m certainly going to enjoy the trip down memory Lane. Art is solid, animation was alright, no real complaints
Feb 5, 2022 10:55 PM
Dec 2007
This first episode really feels like a throwback to early 2000s anime, but not in a bad way. I guess it makes sense considering the game came out back in like 2000. Overall this episode was WAY better than it had any right to be. I might stick with this one
Feb 5, 2022 10:58 PM
Oct 2021
I really like episode 1, The character designs and animation are quite chill. The karate fight scenes are animated well, and storyline is pretty straight forward. I can't wait for more content. 10/10 for me
Feb 6, 2022 12:44 AM

Aug 2016
Shenmue fan since the Dreamcast days and gotta say this is a great start.
They changed things around, but of course they would, there was no way to tell the story like the game did.
Like the character designs and Japanese VA, Nozomi is probably they only one whose design is a bit off.
The music too, straight outta the game, love it.
Looks like it will probably tell the story of both games, gonna predict five episodes for game one and the rest for game two, since there's more to tell there.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 6, 2022 2:27 AM

Aug 2019
As someone who loves the game, I think this adaptation left a bit to be desired, judging from the first episode. I don't think it's necessarily bad though. It does seem like they cheaped out on the animation quality which is a shame, not just fighting scenes but even characters talking or slightly moving. It doesn't bother me too much at least.

The OST was something that I thought was great. Nice remixes of classic music from the game and used in all the right moments.

The biggest issue I had with this episode is how they handled dramatic moments, in particular the death of Hazuki's father. It was actually laughable to be honest, and it took a lot away from the scene, but I'll let it slide and have hope they can do future scenes justice.

Feb 6, 2022 3:28 AM
May 2021
I had no expectations, except that it's trailer did suggest it was going to follow the story.
Maybe the anime will make me play the game on Steam, it's been ages since the Dreamcast.
I'm just glad that Nutflix doesn't have a hand in it.
Feb 6, 2022 5:35 AM

Mar 2019
it's highly recommended to play the games first before starting watching the anime to get a good background about the world and its characters the anime will not have enough time to include all that + these games are great so you got nothing to lose in doing so
Feb 6, 2022 6:27 AM

Nov 2020
Amazing first episode!

I enjoyed it very much and I know all the story of the games, so surely that people that did never play the games will enjoy even more! They keep things very understable and interesting in every moment for newcomers.

I like the nice new details to the story, they did adapt the games to the anime form very well. The animation and the OST are great!

Can't wait to next one!
-Hyunckel-Feb 6, 2022 6:49 AM
Feb 6, 2022 7:00 AM

Sep 2011
Honestly think it was a very well done first episode in spite of the overall animation quality looking a bit lacking outside of a couple good shots during the chai fight. I think it just did a very good job of making shenmue feel a more fast paced without feeling TOO rushed, I don't know if this is gonna appeal to anyone outside of established fans but from an anime perspective it feels ripped straight out of the mid 00's in a directing/artstyle way for me which has appeal to me at least.

The opening is very obviously one of those cheap ones just using animation from the show itself overlayed on simple backgrounds, but whats interesting to me is it looks like they have the final fight from 3 shiloueted, I wonder if they are gonna maybe combine the plots of 2 and 3 together which frankly, probably isnt that hard given how notihng 3 was plot wise and more or less recycled the same revelations so might as well just combine the 2.

xGoldenDarkness said:
at the pace its going it looks like they will try to summarize 2 games into a 1cour?
first episode is okay it was a nice retelling
Honestly might be for the best, like Shenmue's appeal was being a slow paced detective story with an absurd amount of detail in the world, but the actual plot itself is REALLY spread out, I feel like an adaption of the first game that takes a whole season would be the most mind numbingly boring thing even to fans cause barely anything happens in the first game. Now the 2nd game is more where im concerned, cause shit actually happens in that game and I could see it feeling pretty climactic at points unlike the first game, I feel like its a damned if you do damned if you dont scenario where it really needed like a 24 episode series where 6-8 for the first game and the rest could be the 2nd. But a 1 cour anime might just be too limiting in general.

My main thought though is they are gonna rush through the first 2 games and trying to see if they can't use the anime to finish the story in a speedrun, if they get a 2nd season so little happens in 3 they probably could gloss over most of it in a couple episodes and move into what could of been the events of 4 and up. Which is a shame cause I'd rather play that since the main plot isn't really the appeal of this series as it is more so the slice of life/life simulator. But I fully accepted that 3 was such a huge flop that likely isn't happening.
JizzyHitlerFeb 6, 2022 7:52 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 6, 2022 7:33 AM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
Shenmue fan since the Dreamcast days and gotta say this is a great start.
They changed things around, but of course they would, there was no way to tell the story like the game did.
Like the character designs and Japanese VA, Nozomi is probably they only one whose design is a bit off.
The music too, straight outta the game, love it.
Looks like it will probably tell the story of both games, gonna predict five episodes for game one and the rest for game two, since there's more to tell there.

I never even heard of the game before. So to me this is just like an 80's karate flick xD Very simplistic and straight forward, but that's part of the charm and honestly preferable for this kind of story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 2022 9:41 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I heard of the Shenmue games, but never really played them since I never owned a Dreamcast. I'm still somewhat familiar of how the games story begins which I think they did a good job in this episode. Hopefully, the anime adaptation will not as the first game with its slow pacing and we get some good fight scenes. Can't for the part where he starts looking for sailors or driving the forklift.
Feb 6, 2022 11:05 AM
Nov 2021
I slept on it before sharing my thoughts. I think it was great. They a very good job setting up the plot and the main antagonists, while fleshing out Ryo’s motivations effectively. Most importantly they’re to build out a more fleshed out main character that people want to root for, more so than the games did. Expectations remain sky high for the remainder of the season.
Feb 6, 2022 11:11 AM
Aug 2016
Definitely found it interesting to watch. I have wanted to play the games but haven't had the chance to so being able to watch the anime definitely is nice. I went in expecting nothing but it has me wanting more. Its not the best thing I've seen but not the worst. As a first episode I think it was solid in giving us the main character, his motive/reason for his journey and also gave us a good idea of what time frame it is along with the world around him. Overall the first episode to me was an 8/10 can't wait for more
Feb 6, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
The first episode better than I thought :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 6, 2022 11:42 AM
Apr 2020
people really monstrously downrated it, doesnt deserve 6 at all no matter how fast the pacing was
Feb 6, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2020
do you know a place where sailors hang out?
pls play jet set radio future for the microsoft xbox. thanks
Feb 6, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
Dayum 6.5 rating, there is no way. I can't see it being anything under a 7 currently lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 1:13 PM

Mar 2021
slenderblak said:
people really monstrously downrated it, doesnt deserve 6 at all no matter how fast the pacing was

Well I'm a big Shenmue fan, and I wouldn't rate that episode higher than a 5, so I understand where the low ratings are coming from. I thought the second half of the episode was a mess.
Feb 6, 2022 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
slenderblak said:
1st episode rating pretty much do not matter as they always change pretty drastically as the shows go along, shenmue's bigger issue is absolutely no one had any interest in watching it past die hard fans. No different than the world ends with you from a few seasons back and that was for a series with exponentially more goodwill and a sequel coming out in the following months of release. In contrast this is an adaption of a game from 20+ years ago with a tarnished brand name due to a series of controversies and a lukewarm received 3rd game with a continuation ever happening very up in the air.

I love the series and think it doesn't deserve that gradually more negative perception it has had since the HD collection came out, but I'm just being real here, this shit don't appeal to more than a tiny niche in a best case scenario. Game adaptations already are off-putting to most anime fans due to their low quality but couple that with the series being infamously unfinished and the 3rd game not being that well liked, most would probably say its not even worth giving it a chance.
JizzyHitlerFeb 6, 2022 1:23 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 6, 2022 1:16 PM
Jun 2019
The show already has less than 7 in score. How the heck people give scores watching just the first episode AND how is it possible that shows like takt (that sucked btw) have better scores? I'll never understand
Feb 6, 2022 2:14 PM
Apr 2020
JizzyHitler said:
slenderblak said:
1st episode rating pretty much do not matter as they always change pretty drastically as the shows go along, shenmue's bigger issue is absolutely no one had any interest in watching it past die hard fans. No different than the world ends with you from a few seasons back and that was for a series with exponentially more goodwill and a sequel coming out in the following months of release. In contrast this is an adaption of a game from 20+ years ago with a tarnished brand name due to a series of controversies and a lukewarm received 3rd game with a continuation ever happening very up in the air
I love the series and think it doesn't deserve that gradually more negative perception it has had since the HD collection came out, but I'm just being real here, this shit don't appeal to more than a tiny niche in a best case scenario. Game adaptations already are off-putting to most anime fans due to their low quality but couple that with the series being infamously unfinished and the 3rd game not being that well liked, most would probably say its not even worth giving it a chance.
.the issue isnt people not watching it, its the low rating they give instead of actually analyzing the quality of the anime, i watched it and it was an excellent quality episode so yeah giving it a 6 is a bit too low
Feb 6, 2022 2:16 PM
Apr 2020
-Hermit- said:
slenderblak said:

Well I'm a big Shenmue fan, and I wouldn't rate that episode higher than a 5, so I understand where the low ratings are coming from. I thought the second half of the episode was a mess.
i never found a real issue in it since it was mostly fine but if you got your reasons then its fine even tho i highly disagree with the rating
Feb 6, 2022 3:46 PM
Dec 2019
haven't even played the games and i think this felt a bit too fast.
fights are okay, sometimes do not feel weighty though
soundtrack is really good, although idk if that's because of the game or not
also watched dub cause i don't have crunchyroll and it's very hit or miss
hopefully the next couple episodes grab me
Feb 6, 2022 3:47 PM
Dec 2019
LRukasu said:
The show already has less than 7 in score. How the heck people give scores watching just the first episode AND how is it possible that shows like takt (that sucked btw) have better scores? I'll never understand

people rate shows immediately while watching it. i don't like doing that because i rate it on a whole but you can't really stop them.
also there are some people who have played the games that are unimpressed with the show so far, and chances are the majority of people who are watching the series have played at least the first game
Feb 6, 2022 4:21 PM
Feb 2022
Enjoyed the first episode a ton to be honest.
Really looking forward to the next one!
Feb 6, 2022 4:24 PM
Feb 2022
-Hermit- said:
Massive Shenmue fan here, my favourite game of all time, but I wasn't impressed with the first episode of the anime. I personally thought it was rushed and a bit of a mess. The voice acting in Engllish was bad, the art wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Disappointed with the start, hopefully it gets better.
its an anime. the format implaies by default that the pacing is ging to be different since all the time players were actually roaming arrund is cut of.
Even I who finished the first game 5 or 6 times had no issues with the pacing they chose here.
seems appropriate to me
Feb 6, 2022 4:43 PM
Dec 2007
packtsardines said:
haven't even played the games and i think this felt a bit too fast.
fights are okay, sometimes do not feel weighty though
soundtrack is really good, although idk if that's because of the game or not
also watched dub cause i don't have crunchyroll and it's very hit or miss
hopefully the next couple episodes grab me
I dont think the pacing is that fast. Honestly, if you REALLY distile shenmue down (cut out the wandering, the walking from point to point, and the curfew mechanic), the game is only really a couple of hours long.
Feb 6, 2022 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
slenderblak said:
JizzyHitler said:
1st episode rating pretty much do not matter as they always change pretty drastically as the shows go along, shenmue's bigger issue is absolutely no one had any interest in watching it past die hard fans. No different than the world ends with you from a few seasons back and that was for a series with exponentially more goodwill and a sequel coming out in the following months of release. In contrast this is an adaption of a game from 20+ years ago with a tarnished brand name due to a series of controversies and a lukewarm received 3rd game with a continuation ever happening very up in the air
.the issue isnt people not watching it, its the low rating they give instead of actually analyzing the quality of the anime, i watched it and it was an excellent quality episode so yeah giving it a 6 is a bit too low
people arent even interested enough to get to the page and be turned off by the rating is what im saying.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 6, 2022 6:20 PM
Jun 2019
packtsardines said:
LRukasu said:

people rate shows immediately while watching it. i don't like doing that because i rate it on a whole but you can't really stop them.
also there are some people who have played the games that are unimpressed with the show so far, and chances are the majority of people who are watching the series have played at least the first game

Yeah what you said really makes sense. There's no stopping people from giving scores and they might just be kind of underwhelmed when comparing it to the game (I never really played any, but I know how big it is, hence I'm watching the anime v:). But it still annoys me that shows way worse get better ratings. Just this first episode is much better than lots whole of other ones, even with this super bleh cliche storyline and weird transitions presented.
Feb 6, 2022 7:59 PM
Feb 2022
Grew up with Shenmue II when it first came to Xbox in 2003, it was always a strange game but the amount of detail, the unique npcs, interior design of buildings, the cutscenes, qtes, fights, the mazes and giant quarters and seeing the locals cooking food or selling their wares on the streets somehow kept me interested. Shenmue is my all time favorite series.

I never thought there would be an anime that exists, I was proud to be a kickstarter for III and going into the anime, well I learned about Shenmue I from Shenmue the movie before playing it and I think the anime in comparison did an excellent job. I havent watched any anime since 2010 so I am still stuck in the era of very mature shows like Monster, Planetes, Zipang, Golden Boy, Outlaw Star so maybe this is why I enjoy this style. The more I rewatched the episode the more I like it.

If people dont like it, dont watch it, simple. I am enjoying the show for what it is.
Mythical0neFeb 6, 2022 8:03 PM
Feb 6, 2022 10:11 PM
Apr 2019
I thought the first episode was quite mediocre. Pacing was all over the place.
Also, it's quite sad that the shenmue dojo has a thread encouraging users to artificially inflate the score here, but what can you do?
Feb 6, 2022 11:04 PM
Jul 2014
Years ago, I was Chinese.........now I am Japanese.
Feb 7, 2022 12:36 AM
Jan 2022
Hamsandwich25 said:

Also, it's quite sad that the shenmue dojo has a thread encouraging users to artificially inflate the score here, but what can you do?

Oh can it. No one said to artificially inflate the score.
Feb 7, 2022 2:29 AM
Jul 2015
This was way different from how the game played out but I will wait and see how it goes the animation is superb and the Voices are good.
Feb 7, 2022 5:14 AM
Feb 2022
Hamsandwich25 said:

Here's a quote from the original post you're deliberately leaving out

"Please if you enjoyed the show and want to help it gain an audience within the Anime fan community, consider creating an account and select the "watching" dropdown and then a rating out of 10 then select how many episodes you have seen so far"

So unless you're unsure it's asking for a rating not to rate 10/10.

Get the facts straight
Feb 7, 2022 5:26 AM
Jul 2016
KANLen09 said:
The classic Dreamcast game of the same name released 2 decades earlier, now turned into an anime 23 years later.

Briefly remembered the game since I'm beginning to be more of a retro nut, and Telecom Animation Film did a decent job on the reimagination of the classic, cult-following 1999 game. Bailu Village may never look as great as the game, but it's close enough.

Also, the nostalgia grows because MC Ryo Hazuki and his villain Lan Di's VA are the EXACT same as the Japanese original, and both Masaya Matsukaze and Takahiro Sakurai did a knock-out job. Some of the new VAs like Haruka Terui and Haruka Fushimi as Shenhua and Nozomi Harusaki respectively are these to keep things fresh for newcomers into the Shenmue universe.

For the premiere episode, this is exact to the game's premise (as in the OG 1999/2000 game) of Lan Di murdering Ryo's father, the head of the Hazuki Dojo, and for a replication, this is acceptable enough. And Ryo is just getting started on scouting for Lan Di and digging his father's past to know every nook and cranny of what happened before it did.

Kashitarou Itou's OP is decent enough, all things considered.

To see Shenmue get an anime adaptation some 20+ years later since the game's inception, this is a good start. But given that director Chikara Sakurai is back from One-Punch Man Season 2 to direct this, I'm quite worried for the adaptation going forward.

>But given that director Chikara Sakurai is back from One-Punch Man Season 2 to direct this, I'm quite worried for the adaptation going forward.

i think you don't have to worry about it since it had a decent schedule unlike OPM S2 which had a tight schedule and was a rushed production.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeFeb 9, 2022 12:54 PM
Feb 7, 2022 5:45 AM

Sep 2011
Hamsandwich25 said:

That'l be annoying, I wanna see what kind of score this series will be without that especially from what anyone thats not already a fan thinks.
JizzyHitlerFeb 7, 2022 5:48 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 7, 2022 6:05 AM
Apr 2019
spud19870 said:
Hamsandwich25 said:

"Please if you enjoyed the show and want to help it gain an audience within the Anime fan community, consider creating an account and select the "watching" dropdown and then a rating out of 10 then select how many episodes you have seen so far"

Get the facts straight

As we're straightening out facts, here's a quote from one of your site staff from the thread in question;
"There's no problem gaming the score when it's this easy, which undoubtedly means others can do it too, and in the opposite direction. So why shouldn't we try to promote the anime like this? It's a victimless "crime", and personally I think the opening episode is worth putting trust in the rest of the season to be as good or better."
Feb 7, 2022 6:26 AM
Mar 2019
-Hermit- said:
The voice acting in Engllish was bad.

Glad to hear it stays true to the game then
Feb 7, 2022 8:01 AM
Feb 2022
Hamsandwich25 said:
spud19870 said:

Get the facts straight

As we're straightening out facts, here's a quote from one of your site staff from the thread in question;
"There's no problem gaming the score when it's this easy, which undoubtedly means others can do it too, and in the opposite direction. So why shouldn't we try to promote the anime like this? It's a victimless "crime", and personally I think the opening episode is worth putting trust in the rest of the season to be as good or better."

Let me quote the full post by that staff member:

"The MAL numbers don't actually *mean* anything, but going up in the rankings surely makes it easier to discover as others have claimed. There's no problem gaming the score when it's this easy, which undoubtedly means others can do it too, and in the opposite direction. So why shouldn't we try to promote the anime like this? It's a victimless "crime", and personally I think the opening episode is worth putting trust in the rest of the season to be as good or better.

Wait for the series to conclude or leave an "honest" review if you like, but what kills me is the habit of this fanbase to very openly take chunks out of the franchise when you KNOW how precarious its future always is. If you are really bothered by the anime... you don't have to watch it and spend 13 weeks posting about stuff you hated or unfounded speculation about the production. I said similar about Shenmue III before release when there were endless nagging nit-picks and handwringing like people were actively gearing up not to enjoy it, if you're not getting good vibes you're not obligated to see it through!

Not picking on anybody specifically, and we try hard to respect as broad a range of opinions as possible, but this is a mindset I've seen on here for years and failed to ever understand it. If the games are your jam, cool. If the anime is your cup of tea, great. Let's just try and keep Shenmue alive, okay?"

So again stating for people to leave an honest review if they wish and is much more focussed on the fanbase as a whole. Yet again you've taken a segment of a post and tried to twist it to your narrative.

I'd like to guide you to a post of mine as well: Post in thread 'My Anime List (MAL) - Rating' https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-anime-list-mal-rating.4012/post-130748

So it's simple people should be honest in how they vote but, clearly, on both sides of the case the system can be manipulated.

As a side note, I am a Co-owner over there and will happily back my staff up where it is justified.
spud19870Feb 7, 2022 8:11 AM
Feb 7, 2022 8:29 AM
May 2021
First episode of Shenmue was pretty good and im also fan of the game from sega.
Feb 7, 2022 8:41 AM

Feb 2022
Yeah I thought it was pretty sweet.
Feb 7, 2022 8:50 AM
Jan 2022
Hamsandwich25 said:

damn, how dare fans rate something they like highly 🤪
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shenmue the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 30, 2022

28 by divlyfein »»
Feb 9, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Shenmue the Animation Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 12, 2022

21 by divlyfein »»
Feb 1, 12:33 PM

» Second season as been canceled

Katzu_kun - Sep 30, 2022

29 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 19, 2023 1:44 PM

» Why is this rated R-17 when the games are teen?

AkihitoZero1224 - Nov 30, 2022

3 by TheRealRouges »»
Dec 1, 2022 12:04 AM

Poll: » Shenmue the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 19, 2022

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 24, 2022 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.