Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, a new city, a new adventure.

This actually turned out to be quite an action packed episode especially after seeing Will having to deal with a rampaging wyvern on the loose. Dealing with that monster didn't take too long but Will learned the respect of the people. I'd say, his past training and determination helped him a bit.
Dec 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2019
They finally reach the city of Whitesails and Will is excited to explore the city since it's his first time going and meeting different people. Seeing Will being excited about little things was nice to see. But, all that fun turned into chaos as soon as the Wyvern attacked the place.

But, the good thing was that Will was able to defeat the Wyvern even if it was so strong. He also got appreciation from all the people which was cool. All four of them make a good party. That white-haired dude seems fishy and not trustworthy.
Dec 11, 2021 6:32 AM

May 2020
Things did took an ugly turn and it was way too sudden, but thanks to Will and Menel being there things got resolved peacefully of what could've been a way worse crisis.

Also things looking at odds between Will and that ruler of Southmark.
Dec 11, 2021 6:34 AM

Jan 2018
The Bishop is supposed to be a holy person but he's a dickhead. Hope this anime won't go the same predictable route of 'church bad' which I'm tired of seeing especially in fantasy stories.

The city they went to has some nice vibes but as soon as the wyvern attacked everything went to shit.
The current leader of the country is sinister. I'm guessing he will die and his half-sibling will take the throne in his place in the future.
Dec 11, 2021 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
What the heck happened to the animation? It was so bad, especially the action scenes were kinda rushed when Will thrust the spear into the wyvern. 😑 However, I did enjoy the food scenes but it felt really rushed all of a sudden. The adventure is somehow non-existent. It's like they jammed so many in a single episode.

And the Bishop earlier seems sketchy (especially after he asked Will the teachings of his God), like a p*g who crave for cash than to give services to the people (well, that was how he was portrayed). From the start, our Will should be suspicious of the behaviors of anyone he speaks but because he was thrilled to be in a civilized place and because it is probably one of the things his foster parents saved, he was glad but was enraged later when the wyvern attacked the town but thankfully, Menel snap him out of it. (The battle animation was disappointing unlike the previous episodes with a much more inner dialogues from Will's).

At the moment, the prince seems to want to kill Will for some reason after he killed the Wyvern with his bare hands. Like a threat to the town itself. I wonder what will happen next?!
CrazyButNot4UDec 11, 2021 7:43 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 11, 2021 7:35 AM
Mar 2020
It was a suplex than a headlock, like watching WWE. Blood would be proud.
Dec 11, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2021
0451 said:
The Bishop is supposed to be a holy person but he's a dickhead. Hope this anime won't go the same predictable route of 'church bad' which I'm tired of seeing especially in fantasy stories.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeDec 12, 2021 7:35 PM
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Dec 11, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2018
Nero_Moonlight said:
0451 said:
Good to hear that. I like that this anime puts a positive spin to some existing tropes making it a joy to watch.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeDec 12, 2021 7:36 PM
Dec 11, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
The new city of Whitesails, and a new adventure awaits.

The first time for William to explore places outside of the woods, and he's quite fascinated by the civilization and advancement of the city along with Menel, Tonio and Bee. And apparently the visit to a temple holds Will back to give his respects to Gracefeel, and making things worse is the typical "church is bad" angle because they are skeptical of a minor God like the Goddess of Light.

The head Bishop Bart Bagley does give the temple a bad name, a hedonist for all the wrong reasons. Adding things to the confusion is the attack from demon beasts, as such with the wyvern attack on Whitesails. Where the higher-ups stood still to see the devastation, both Will and Menel stepped up to the plate to defeat it...well, mostly Will.

And to that, the crown prince Ethel invites the team of 4 (the magic user, priest, fairy user and warrior...or more like the bard, merchant, hunter and travelling priest) to his presence. But Ethel's behaviour for some reason, feels arrogant yet emphatic for Will's action to save Whitesails from an even grave situation.

Despite all the warnings and being challenged by Will every single time, Will choosing to do has he did in Beast Woods to lead the attack on the demons emitting the black miasma will help alleviate the Fertile Kingdom. The only concern is how Ethel and others will react to it.
Dec 11, 2021 8:03 AM
Aug 2019
Why do I feel like slapping the mc ? Is it because he acts like a cry baby ? It doesn't take much for him to start crying or getting emotional like a drug addicted. He's 15 yrs old something + reincarnated but portrayed as a 7 yrs old in the anime.
Dec 11, 2021 8:26 AM
Sep 2015
I just realized that it's quite rare for a protagonist in anime to be a priest, and a priest that act like a priest nonetheless, not a "priest with a twist" like many modern characters, like pervert priest, anti-god priest, cyber priest, etc.

I think the angry bishop is actually the good guy, the moment when he let Will register as soon as Will correctly recite his Goddess teaching.
phantomfandomDec 11, 2021 8:30 AM
Dec 11, 2021 8:37 AM

Jun 2021
i dont like the protagonist :/ but i will see the episodes left
Dec 11, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2021
Will managed to break the wyvern's neck with brute force, really impressive.
I was also curious to find out more about that toxic miasma that was shown in this episode.
asdasdsadad
Dec 11, 2021 9:09 AM
Jun 2021
the prince would regret it if he'll consider william an enemy
Dec 11, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
What’re the chances we get a season 2..
Dec 11, 2021 10:52 AM

Dec 2020
mentel with his hair up in a towel ???? nobody gonna mention that ???????? aight then ill volunteer !!! mans looked GOOD in that, 10/10 look he could start a fashion trend by wondering around town with it

wyvern fight was .. Eh. i genuinely hate how there'll be little scenes with either mary, blood or gus whenever will does things. like yeah they're the ones that tought him how to do those and he keeps them so close to his heart that they come into his mind almost everytime but WE dont Need to see them everytime too😭😭 that part with the little girl instantly making a song after will killed the wyvern.. took a lifespan out of me. my most hated scene from the series so far and i didnt even thought that id mention anything like that

love the will-mentel fighting duo tho, from the moment we met mentel it seemed like will was just So damn op that mentel looked weak but this episode with them fighting side by side tgt? big fan of that

i think the bishop is actually a good guy. and the vice bishoo(?) that the brown haired priest mentioned is probably the bad one. bishop will act as a mentor, someone like gus, with a gives no shit personality to will and guides him to learn more about things. and the vice bishop is bad because.. we need a villain
Dec 11, 2021 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
Well this felt underwhelming..
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 11, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2021
I appreciate how they show in this episode the roles that each party member plays and why they're valuable to the party. Menel is able call his panicking friend an idiot and tell him to think rationally, while the other two know how to work a crowd. Everyone was very close to being rightfully terrified of the kid who shoot powerful magic from his hands AND chokeslam a wyvern, but thanks to those two the crowd cheered him on as hero instead.

Also, while the Bishop is vulgar and maybe even corrupt, his familiarity with Gracefeel's teachings definitely makes me think he's not the villain here. And the vice-bishop who remains offscreen but has a bit too squeaky-clean of a reputation certainly sets off some red flags for me, ha.
Dec 11, 2021 12:56 PM

Jul 2009
"Violence is not an answer, it is the question. And the answer is yes"
bruh
Dec 11, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
Looked like the wyvern was being controlled by someone or something.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 11, 2021 1:57 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
For an action packed episode, the animation certainly didn't help and the dialogue was kinda boring as well. Regarding the story I'm really sure where the plot is gonna go in the remaining episodes but it certainly won't conclude.

The chances I see of a second season of this are not great.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 11, 2021 4:58 PM
Oct 2019
astralkill00 said:
What the heck happened to the animation? It was so bad, especially the action scenes were kinda rushed when Will thrust the spear into the wyvern. 😑 However, I did enjoy the food scenes but it felt really rushed all of a sudden. The adventure is somehow non-existent. It's like they jammed so many in a single episode.

And the Bishop earlier seems sketchy (especially after he asked Will the teachings of his God), like a p*g who crave for cash than to give services to the people (well, that was how he was portrayed). From the start, our Will should be suspicious of the behaviors of anyone he speaks but because he was thrilled to be in a civilized place and because it is probably one of the things his foster parents saved, he was glad but was enraged later when the wyvern attacked the town but thankfully, Menel snap him out of it. (The battle animation was disappointing unlike the previous episodes with a much more inner dialogues from Will's).

At the moment, the prince seems to want to kill Will for some reason after he killed the Wyvern with his bare hands. Like a threat to the town itself. I wonder what will happen next?!

Well it isn't for no reason really, think about it. Will just asked the lord of the whole south contintent if he could hire his private army to clean up and guard a huge area. Will basically said to Ethel that since he cannot put a proper claim on the land due to his lack of manpower, Will is gonna claim the region for himself. Made worse by the fact Will isn't some no name but seemingly a local from the area he wants to claim which has gotten a title "Wyvern slayer", possibly comparable in honor to that of a prince.
Will kind of declared a rivalry with Ethel.

Also the head priest seems to me like the no shits given kind of character, similar to Gus.
Dec 11, 2021 5:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Whitesails simply a free trade area with no desire to strengthened up the security, make it possible to one random Wyvern to seek a rampage. Nice that there's even a bath house too on that town. Too bad its just a cold waterpool and sauna as a whole thing, then not even showed some good view with the only girl on their party. Sigh, the fan service time already being wasted.

Huge temple with huge man as its Head. Idk why but its tickling me, and his temper already bring a bad mood through the whole surrounding. Glad that despite his anger, and an unpleasant look, he still decided a welcome sign to the travelling priest, Will, to even lent some room for all of his friends. But, there's no break at all even for the peaceful town like Whitesails, there's always be a troublesome awaits him.

With the help of Menel fairies and Blood brute force teaching, Will managed to overcome that rampaging Wyvern. Already being labelled as a Hero, as soon as he conquered that poor Wyvern, Will thought it might be easy to accomplished his objective at those town too. However, once again, its not easy for Will as how he met another hindrance right infront, called the young ruler of those town, which unexpectedly desire to even kill him. I know he's just suspicious, but come on, was that your true reward you say before?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2021 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
The direction of Will's journey seems like he doesn't have a goal in itself to follow anymore even so he is managing to survive on this journey.
Dec 11, 2021 8:29 PM
Mar 2015
The crown prince is an ungrateful bastard to whom Will is a problem
Dec 11, 2021 10:08 PM

Aug 2020
this is truly exhilirating, Will took down a Wyvern! Tbh, I want more. Can't wait for next week.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 11, 2021 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, if all else fails, you can always rely on unga bunga.

Tonio and Bee are some smart advertisers.

I am gonna save my judgment for the Bishop for later, since it feels like there's more to him, with how he reacted to Will.

Ethel is just doing his job as the leader of a country, so can't blame him for being suspicious of Will, but I think he'll come around.
Dec 12, 2021 1:50 AM

Oct 2017
The prince will proly listen to Will's request.
Dec 12, 2021 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
astralkill00 said:
What the heck happened to the animation? It was so bad, especially the action scenes were kinda rushed when Will thrust the spear into the wyvern.

Yeah the animation has been all over the place all throughout the show, not terrible just inconsistent but what can you do I bet the animators are overworked as is I haven't been paying attention to the credits, there's a good chance some chunks of the animation are outsourced.
Dec 12, 2021 2:46 AM

Mar 2013
Kayaba_J said:
astralkill00 said:

Well it isn't for no reason really, think about it. Will just asked the lord of the whole south contintent if he could hire his private army to clean up and guard a huge area. Will basically said to Ethel that since he cannot put a proper claim on the land due to his lack of manpower, Will is gonna claim the region for himself. Made worse by the fact Will isn't some no name but seemingly a local from the area he wants to claim which has gotten a title "Wyvern slayer", possibly comparable in honor to that of a prince.
Will kind of declared a rivalry with Ethel.

Also the head priest seems to me like the no shits given kind of character, similar to Gus.

That's very interesting. I can't wait for the next episode after reading this! Thanks.

MrHawky said:
astralkill00 said:
What the heck happened to the animation? It was so bad, especially the action scenes were kinda rushed when Will thrust the spear into the wyvern.

Yeah the animation has been all over the place all throughout the show, not terrible just inconsistent but what can you do I bet the animators are overworked as is I haven't been paying attention to the credits.

Overworked? That's terrible if it were so, I could only hope that that aren't the case.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 12, 2021 2:48 AM

Jan 2019
The writing of this anime (probably manga as well).
Every interaction gets its specific thought reflection from the main character.
No respect for the viewer/reader. Is it an autobiography perhaps?
Dec 12, 2021 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
The animation is disgusting, the battle scene with the wyvern lacked any presence of danger through sound even, it made the whole scene underwhelming.

Looks like a rushed adaption to me.

Dec 12, 2021 6:19 AM

Jul 2014
Did he just wring that wyvern's neck to kill it? Badass.

Some great worldbuilding this episode, but the animation continues to be a letdown during fight scenes.
Dec 12, 2021 6:45 AM

Mar 2010
Fight and action was a bit underwhelming and mellow dramatic... and that prince just doesn't seem cut out to be anything.. idk why you need permission to put your life on the line in chaos.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 12, 2021 7:05 AM

Dec 2013

MrHawky said:
astralkill00 said:

Yeah the animation has been all over the place all throughout the show, not terrible just inconsistent but what can you do I bet the animators are overworked as is I haven't been paying attention to the credits.

Overworked? That's terrible if it were so, I could only hope that that aren't the case.

You shouldn't be surprised, it's a sad fact of the industry but I can't claim with absolute certainty that this is the case here, very likely, however.
Dec 12, 2021 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
a good chapter the enemies are getting stronger and it will be more difficult because the government may be the next obstacle to overcome

Dec 13, 2021 12:18 AM

Oct 2008
That crown prince was very cautious! even Will the one who saved the city from the Wyvern, the crown prince was also suspicious of him because of the feat he's done with that Wyvern which is unhuman like. btw nice ep.
4/5.

Dec 13, 2021 1:36 AM
Mar 2012
bard voice still not what i expected, but a ball of energy is nice change. Still find mc va annoying wonder if voice'll change once he gets older.
Weird bishop what's his deal, also that prince weirdly ungrateful.
Questionable animation, but nice challenging wyvern fight mc & Menel combo so well, and i like that AT field, web use, and that insane neck choke.
Dec 13, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, this fight took maybe 2 pages in the manga and still looked better. Shame it's this title that's let down by production quality.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 14, 2021 9:37 AM
Nov 2016
Animation animation animation animation animation animation animation animation.
Let it go guys ! It's not even THAT bad. I barely noticed it and i've seen much, much, worse. Certainly not bad enough to mention it every other post.

At least everything else is awesome. Would you prefer great animation but garbage everything else ?
Yeah, yeah, i know, best of both preferably. But you guys go way overboard with the animation complains. Watch some trashy battle shounen with no story or that dumb assassin isekai for your ''muh awesome animation'' fix !
Dec 15, 2021 12:02 AM

Jun 2019
BlueSnow93 said:
Animation animation animation animation animation animation animation animation.
Let it go guys ! It's not even THAT bad. I barely noticed it and i've seen much, much, worse. Certainly not bad enough to mention it every other post.

At least everything else is awesome. Would you prefer great animation but garbage everything else ?
Yeah, yeah, i know, best of both preferably. But you guys go way overboard with the animation complains. Watch some trashy battle shounen with no story or that dumb assassin isekai for your ''muh awesome animation'' fix !

I've watched around 200 series by now and I don't think I've consistently complained about the animation of a single one of them. Usually I actually feel quite similarly to you, because there are other factors I deem more important (in my case, writing, voice acting, and music/OST; even direction), and usually find complaints overly harping about a purely visual aspect somewhat superficial/shallow and annoying when they disregard the rest of the series as a result of it.

But the animation in this series really is abysmal and enough to drag it down; something I rarely ever find to be true.

Every action scene is an ultra low detail mishmash of what looks a few incoherently switched together stills. Everything lacks detail or any interesting visual characterization at all - the characters and world/setting both, and not only in action sequences, but throughout. It's just more noticeable, harmful, and obnoxiously off-putting in action scenes. I've seen series that I believed to be conventionally considered poorly animated and lower budget and yet it seems like far more care went into the overall visual presentation and coherence of than this.

And even then still, I think it would still be something both I and many other people would be very willing to overlook and embrace the series in spite of it, if it somehow was extraordinary in some other sphere, like, as mentioned, writing, OST, voice acting, direction, etc. But the problem is that it isn't. It's average in those other areas - maybe slightly above or below average depending on who you ask, but very few are saying there is something absolutely masterful and extraordinary about any of its other components.

WatchTillTandavaDec 15, 2021 12:06 AM
Dec 17, 2021 5:35 PM

May 2019
That dragon was being controlled by a terrible force.

The force of BAD animation

Man, if the budget went to almost zero already, imagine the final episodes of the season.
Dec 18, 2021 1:12 AM

Apr 2020
can anyone explain the ending scene
why prince suddenly want to kill will
Dec 18, 2021 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Terrible animation, terrible voice acting
Dec 20, 2021 6:15 PM
Dec 2019
I really enjoyed seeing Will explore the city. He also got to beat a wyvern which makes him probably as strong as Mary, Blood and Gus. The prince seems like he might not be the nicest person.
Dec 23, 2021 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uh wyvern attack, but good thing Will saved the situation, though the Prince sucks, already speaking about killing him even though he saved the city
Jan 29, 2022 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
The priest is a jerk but he seems to know what he's doing at least.

Will taking down the wyvern by choking it was badass. I never imagined he would resort to brute force at the end.

Things really escalated in a weird direction. Killing him would be a massive overkill. Especially after he saved the city.
May 1, 2022 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
Will said he understand the gravity of what hes asking from the prince but i doubt he understands the full gravity of it including politics what it means in middle age standards

@NaughtySempai
cause this stuff has heavy political implications, only a lord of the land can do what hes asking for, if some1 else does it it could mean war specially of smome1 who has no rights to the land assists him then this kingdom is dragged in to war (its lands of some lord from a neighboring kingdom) and to negotiate to get the permission from who has rights to the land is complicated and mite be 2costly, so if prince says no Will is wild card who will still do it and it mite drag this kingdom in to war cause he was there so even if they don't belive that the prince assisted him other kingdom can say he did excuse for invasion

also helping ppl in neighboring kingdom can be seen as propaganda as winning ppl over for sabotage for easy invasion or even making villages declaring leaving that kingdom to theirs, so a lot complicated politics
G_Spark233 said:

Will taking down the wyvern by choking it was badass. I never imagined he would resort to brute force at the end.

that's next lvl sh
hes Hercules, but again i don't think even Hercules could do that :D
Sugram22May 25, 2022 10:06 AM
Jul 27, 2022 5:11 AM

Jun 2021
Not really sure what that convo with the prince was about. Too much to read between the lines, it sorta went over my head… anyone get why he was being like that?
May 3, 2023 12:20 AM
Apr 2023
Liked the episode (although found the "priest bad" thing a little overplayed like others have said).

Also didn't really understand why the Lord/prince was being so antagonistic towards Will until reading comments on here (that it's about rival kingdoms and feudal hierarchy). Still seemed a little confusing and unexplained really.

Finally, I found it very funny how all the people were just stodd outside watching as the dragon was barreling towards them and breathing fire 😂 Not very good self-preservation.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

87 by Rohtendo »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» They Ruined One of my Favorite Scenes in Manga (Spoilers)

FigJim - Jul 7, 2022

12 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.