Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2017
It's good to always have friends at your back, and in this case, both Sekai-kun (whom Yaguchi mistook as Mori-senpai) and Wakana helped Yaguchi get to the exam venue. True to expectations, having to draw the motif of a nude model for the 2nd Exam kinda saved his ass because of Ryuuji's request to draw naked the last episode. The beauty and the ugliness, yet so muted by Seven Arcs' dull color palette and Netflix's "censoring".

Hearing Sakuraba as a 3rd Year Ronin wanting to quit gives me Ryuuji vibes, it's not easy giving up art when you've practiced for years. Since Yaguchi is having a hard time conceptualizing the nude model and its portrayal of themes along with his rashes, while both Wakana and Hashida are doing fine, Ooba-sensei offers him a secret weapon.

This "secret weapon" for Day 2 of the 2nd Exam, and Yaguchi has to master all 3 elements: theme, composition, portrayal within 2 days (or 10 hours to be precise). But with everyone having very different ideas on their canvases and sketchbooks, Sekai-kun was the only genius capable of finishing his work in time to spare. For Yaguchi, it's time to work on his theme, borrowing the last theme he worked on for this part and adding his own flare for this one: "Naked = True Self".

Conspicuously, the duality of Yaguchi mistaking Sekai-kun for Mori-senpai did give him some ideas, and taking Ooba-sensei's advice and thinking out of the box, the painting represents the art from his own bird's eye view, even a normal painting can be a work of art. All it takes is some risk to make it happen.

It's now or never. The final episode beckons...towards the end of Volume 6.
KANLen09Dec 4, 2021 7:28 AM
Dec 3, 2021 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
CH22-23
Well well, as you see, it's not going great for Yaguchi. He mistook Yotasuke for Mori-senpai because of his fatigue and the rashes one hell of a problem. Kuwana led Yaguchi to his exam room. She's such a tsundere sometimes. First day of the second exam began and the task this time is to draw a nude model. He's pretty lucky with this one because the previous episode was all about nakedness. Sadly, the censoring kinda ruined it but whatever. It was expected from this low-quality adaptation. On the other hand, Sakuraba wants to quit art and it instantly gave off Ryuji vibes. Art is honestly really beautiful but the amount of work you have to put into it is crazy. Second day of the exam and Yaguchi took his previous theme "Naked = True Self" and will put it into practice. Of course, Yotasuke was able to finish it like there's no tommorow. The ''secret weapons'' were useful for sure, Ooba-sensei knows what he needs for real. Ooba-sensei's advice helped Yaguchi to get his answer, it was simple, very simple.. A normal painting is capable of being a masterpiece. Now, he needs to make his words come true.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 4, 2021 1:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang, Kuwana's strong. Sure Yaguchi was pretty sick, but still he was basically pulling up his art supplies up the stairs. Kuwana just flung it all over her shoulder lol

Once again it's a good episode but it really makes you want to read the manga if you haven't already. Probably am missing out on a lot. The ed though, always stick around for that.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 4, 2021 2:27 AM
Jul 2016
loved this part so much, Kuwana Maki was always charming to me but this was the part that really sold me on her as a character, not encouraging or otherwise, just supporting Yaguchi Yatora the same way he did for at her moment of grief.

was curious how they were gonna adapt this chapter of the manga into an anime but it was more decent than I thought.

awesome episode overall and Maki is hella strong for slinging art supplies on top of her own equipment up floors.
Dec 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Aug 2020
Sheeesh. Yaguchi finally recovered on the 2nd day, thank God. This is getting exciting, can't wait for the last ep

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 4, 2021 4:29 AM

Jun 2016
damnn so interesting !!! i loved this shoow !!
Dec 4, 2021 4:39 AM

Jan 2020
wtf she was wearing her robe with the right sleeve over the left
Dec 4, 2021 6:19 AM

Jan 2021
Oh well. Fortunately, Yaguchi atleast recovered a little bit.

Dec 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Oct 2008
any art students (or anyone) have any idea of what he could be planning to do pouring the turpentine on his sketchbook like that? I haven't read the manga, just want to speculate :>
TutuWhiteSwanDec 4, 2021 6:28 AM
Dec 4, 2021 6:58 AM
Nov 2010
Yatora didn't manage to do much on the 1st day due to his sickness, but at least he got to come up with some plan. And it was also lucky for him considering he explored the theme of nudity before this second exam, where he gets to draw a nude model.

What's most interesting though is how he just poured turpentine on his sketchbook lol!? This seems like a crazy thing to do, but I'm really excited to see what he's going to pull off with that in the next last episode!
Dec 4, 2021 7:04 AM
Jul 2020
Overthinking at it's finest
Dec 4, 2021 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
矢口って運がついてないな。(w)

Yotasuke is adorable. Chocking is scary, and not supposed to be cute, but it was! lol

Yaguchi keeps coming up with new meanings for the pieces he works on, and I find that very easy to relate to because I do that all the time too.

I wonder if the artists have uploaded the original paintings from the story. I really want to see Yotasuke's painting, and appreciate it. It's so beautiful.
Dec 4, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, the anime really did the nude model dirty. Pretty sure the manga showed her breasts and pubic area normally, but the anime just had to be so prudish here too. They didn't show Yatora's own nude painting properly last episode either. If you won't even show the finished art in an anime about art, why bother adapting it at all? I can see now why so many people are calling this anime half-baked.
Dec 4, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2021
note that the student girl , who is sitting at the right side of the main boy in the exam room , is the main character of the one-shot manga "nude model" from the mangaka YAMAGUCHI Tsubasa : https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=140080

she makes a cameo in blue period manga / anime .

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Dec 4, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2020
daywithoutgames said:
note that the student girl , who is sitting at the right side of the main boy in the exam room , is the main character of the one-shot manga "nude model" from the mangaka YAMAGUCHI Tsubasa : https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=140080

she makes a cameo in blue period manga / anime .

based observation. which leads me to be curious if there are any connections between 彼女と彼女の猫 as well
Dec 4, 2021 10:18 AM
Apr 2020
Failing for the first time is definitely hard, what more if you failed thrice? I feel really sad for Sakuraba, I hope she will make it on her final try during the winter exam.

Yotasuke's current painting is really good, there's a huge possibility that he will pass.

Kuwana is so pure, she helped Yakkun without second thoughts. She's even thinking of Yakkun's current state while taking the exam as well. I hope she will pass and hopefully Kuwana and Yakkun will be classmates.

Yakkun's physical health really went down due to build up of stress. I hope he will finish his work on time. His current work looks weak but maybe after realizing that the only person who knew his true self is himself, his art will have so much impact. I'm excited to see his final output!

Hoping for the best for all of them.

Dec 4, 2021 11:19 AM
Feb 2013
as much as I love art (i do some myself) I feel slightly disappointed with that whole nude posing drawing. in ep 10 the studio did some interesting animation of the sea so I obviously hoped for something good with the nude model as well. overall, imo this episode didn't bring so much to the plot as the previous, 10th episode
Dec 4, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Yaguchi's condition has gotten much worse as his vision as gotten blurry and he feels sluggish. He mistakes Yotasuke for Mori Senpai and accidentally falls asleep (whcih ended up costing him some time but at least he felt a bit better after that).

It seems to all work out in the end as he is making good progress.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 4, 2021 1:31 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi survived day 1 and now inspiration has smacked him in the face
Dec 4, 2021 2:32 PM
Dec 2020
aah
oh
a o
ah oh ah oh ah
o
Dec 4, 2021 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Yaguchi focused on this project everything is kind of working out for him I hope it stays that way.
Dec 4, 2021 3:55 PM

Jan 2021
When they said the topic was nude modeling I was immediately locked in and this episode was cool but for the people who know when it comes to nude models my boi Pyo is an expert

Dec 4, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2020
Jamk_ said:
When they said the topic was nude modeling I was immediately locked in and this episode was cool but for the people who know when it comes to nude models my boi Pyo is an expert

Lmfao, is it bad that I know what you're referencing xDDD
Dec 4, 2021 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
Yatora is getting close to understanding what it means to pursuit art, and he overcomes the difficult situations with unique solutions.
Dec 4, 2021 7:23 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
I didn't think that this would be a 12 episoder, but alas it is.

I'm glad Yatora was able to make it to the exam, and we'll hopefully get to see him complete it in the finale.
Dec 5, 2021 5:07 AM

Dec 2017
It is sad to see how stress is so much, that it affects us physically, Yatora saw the skills that she needed most for the exam affected so she lost a lot of time, she will have to take advantage of previous experiences and talks to do a great work.
I am going to have to watch the last part of the chapter several times because I am having a hard time understanding the conclusion I reached.

One does not want to ship Yatora-Yotasuke but now he even finds her similar to his idol Maru.
Dec 5, 2021 5:33 AM

Jul 2021
i didn't quite get it, what was the secret weapon?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 5, 2021 6:18 AM
Oct 2019
That's why I'm confused there is no way Mori-senpai is here...

Nude Model? Wow

What is the Secret Weapon again?
Dec 6, 2021 4:01 PM

Oct 2018
A brilliant episode finally, good thing I didn't drop it. A bit of overthinking in the middle part but that sleep definitely helped him at that moment. Kuwane also seems to have the rashes. Really sad that it only has 12 episodes.
Dec 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Dec 2020
enjoyed this ep althought i found the art in general to look wonky. they were trying too hard to censor stuff
Dec 8, 2021 7:05 AM
Dec 2021
this anime sucvks and should be cancled. what trashhy trash trash this fooking thing is
Dec 8, 2021 12:40 PM
Oct 2019
it was hard to watch this episode, seeing my man yaguchi suffering is really something painful
Dec 8, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2021
A good episode.
I hope that Yaguchi's plan works and that he can pass the test. I'm curious to know what he's going to do and what his painting will look like in the end.
I was also curious to know if Mori and Yotasuke are cousins or something.
asdasdsadad
Dec 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
I'm usually just a bit excited before exams. That doesnt mean that I didn't have my very own nasty experience with overwork/burn out symptoms.

Although I didn't like the first day that much, it was nonetheless an enjoyable episode. Yaguchi's thought process had my utmost attention. At times you gotta overthink to get to your answer. Seeing the reactions of the other examinees was hilarious. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I'm looking forward to the theme he came up with in the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 9, 2021 7:03 AM

Sep 2013
Finally an episode i can enjoy,hope the final is of that caliber

i'll probably won't watch a season 2 of this but there have been good moments.
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 10, 2021 2:03 AM

May 2020
Portraying a nude model... well that was something I was looking forward to. Yaguchi got his first day messed up, clearly those extra efforts did him good some other way around this time. You don't just need to be mentally but physically in some proper condition too when preparing for any sort of exam, that is something I too learnt over the years. And now with the second day on a close, seems like Yaguchi finally got something to base his work upon.
Dec 10, 2021 4:30 AM

Jun 2019
I'm just glad that Yaguchi was able to draw something even tho he was in so much pain there. Yotasuke is a tsundere but a nice guy for sure. Ooba sensei is great and I just hope that he's gonna be able to draw something out of the ordinary once again in this exam. Also, Yaguchi's mother is so precious.

Looks like it's gonna be the last episode next time. Hoping to see it being ended with at least happy news.
Dec 10, 2021 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
Seeing Yaguchi stressed makes me feel really stressed. And now it seems the madman is gonna restructure his painting with just one and a half days left. Good luck!
Dec 11, 2021 6:20 PM

Apr 2020
Nude Models?! it is the best theme for painting, lmao.
Dec 12, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
It does not surprise me that the second exam is with nude models, it is a quality of art but what I did not like was the censorship that was done to the model, it looked pathetic, a lack of respect because this was only art, there was nothing malicious about it. at least they should have allowed the upper part to be seen What are the breasts and the back part and profile leaving the lower part with censorship

Yaguchi with his illness is representing the overexertion that some students go through and poor health care that they go through, although a little exaggeration I would have made the scene more realistic instead of going to the house of a person who would be in the hospital receiving an injection for the allergy the headache there the teacher would call nothing to know how the talk about painting is and she tells her the secret technique to avoid getting sick in the exam.

I liked that at this time of the first day of the exam she had help from her classmates that shows what we have to be competitive without forgetting our humanity and respect
Dec 14, 2021 5:25 AM
Jul 2021
nude model is an interesting concept for the exam also yaguchi is surely standing out by puring the chemical on his scrapbook
Dec 26, 2021 4:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Worrying how sick he was before and during the 1st part of the 2nd exam, seems like he's doing better now at all, but yeah the nude topic was to expect after the previous episode with Ryuji naked painting, the end is surprising though, I wonder what he is doing
Dec 26, 2021 9:38 PM

Aug 2017
Yaguchi mistook Yotasuke for Mori-senpai lol!

Things don't look great for Yaguchi.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 30, 2021 12:33 PM

Feb 2018
I loved this episode. Even how it made more important the nude scene from before (even if I disliked how they the little development with the trap character before his arc)
Jan 2, 2022 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
oh...nude model huh...clever...
hang in there Yaguchi! two more days until your hellhole is over!
4/5.

Jan 5, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2020
Given how similar Yotasuke and Mori look Yaguchi might have a type lol. I think he thought that Yotasuke was Mori was because he basically sees Mori as an angel as she was the one who inspired to do art first saving him from directionless place he was in, and that's why in this moment where he really needed help he thought Yotasuke was Mori.
Mar 13, 2022 7:04 AM

Jul 2015
Some bad timing for Yaguchi on day 1 with not feeling all too well, just when his assignment is to draw a nude model ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Mar 29, 2022 12:59 PM
Mar 2022
Someone enlighten me about the rashes my bois are getting. Is it related to the stress or painting?
Aug 15, 2022 5:58 PM
May 2022
It was great like every single other episode! I feel bad for the Ryuuji though, she had to ditch her home and go somewhere with Yatora. But she seems a little bit happier though. So this episode in general makes me feel happy/sad.
_MBH_Aug 15, 2022 6:01 PM
Oct 22, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2020
Music bangs also tiddy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

138 by Prleee69 »»
Sep 10, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 28, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2021

143 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

219 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.