Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finale felt slightly rushed but I think it got the point across. It did however gave me the impression of a finale with Yuusuke and the party dealing with their troubles.

The battles and fights scenes were fine in the finale as well. Yuusuke looks like he got burnt out from all the fighting and drama. Anyways, I think this was a fine show this season. Not a masterpiece or anything but definitely watchable and entertaining. 7/10.
Sep 24, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Jezby's been found out that she was the culprit all along, cheating the Zagroth village of her cute demeanor while hiding her true Dragon Bishop identity. Luckily there Cantil and Glenda to help protect, but the other Heroes aren't as lucky with monsters that appear the most intelligent so far from Jezby's magic.

The action was the same underwhelming low-budget animation for the most part, should I ever be surprised. But the Heroes did put a vailant fight (mostly on Yotsuya's part), and Yotsuya was on the verge of mercilessly killing someone again, this time being Jezby. Kusue and Glenda stopping his actions as a sign of sympathy is the same back on Jiffon Island, but of course, Jazby was a martryr ready to sacrifice her life.

The Zagroth quest is completed, and the Heroes are all back in their world living their usual lives.

I wanna love Season 2 as much as how Season 1 did the series justice to ramp up the story elements, but IMO it went worse once the Zagroth quest started. Go read the manga then...
KANLen09Sep 24, 2021 9:55 AM
Sep 24, 2021 9:05 AM

Jun 2019
Nope... a big nope for me. From the start to the very end, I didn't find this entertaining at all. The first season, I thought, it was just a start, so better wait till it picks up. But, unfortunately, it didn't pick up at all, not in the first season and not even in this season. I don't know what to say but, yes, this is the same as the first season. Other than, the OSTs of this show, I didn't enjoy anything so far. The final episode was alright tho once again it was not anything out of ordinary, the quest is over and we're back to our lives. I think I'll just try the manga instead.

Huge disappointment. Not even for a single moment, I was excited about this or was looking forward to the next episode. Other than, a few episodes, in between where it started to get good, it dropped its quality the next moment. Bad, the story is very meh as well. The concept is somewhat interesting but the execution is horrible. A very mediocre show, in general.

Edit: Guess what? The stuff happening in this last arc isn't even from the manga. I guess they're following the light novel or is it anime-original? Whatever the case, I'm off to the manga. I'm glad for anyone, who enjoyed this season.
Pre_YumSep 24, 2021 9:41 AM
Sep 24, 2021 9:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That quest was kinda disappointing to be honest compared to the island one at the beginning which was surprisingly good compared to the 1st season, but well I didn't really like it as a whole so I didn't expect much from this one, it was still better overall.
Sep 24, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
Mission 5 is not as morally challenged as Mission 4, but it has the most death toll yet, the whole village was destroyed. But Yusuke just give a name to the new unnamed village. Isn't it cheating, then he could just give a name to any surviving village at the end of the Mission as Zagroth and automatically win, providing he has to acquire the authority to change a village name.
Sep 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2014
Was better than the first season, even if the first set up all this. But wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. Not that I expected it to be a masterpiece, it'd hardly reach that. But if the first one to me, was a 6, or a 6.2 This is more a 6.5 or a 6.75.
Sep 24, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
ruined manga adaptation, maho film goes all the way to f-tier
Sep 24, 2021 10:15 AM
Oct 2016
I believe this second season did what all successful sequels must do and that is to improve upon what was done before. Its easy to see this season was better than the first. While still having the same production limitations, action scenes are kinda stiff and things like that, it managed to improve the story and characters in these new adventures. Being able to bring in two new main party members with ease and integrate them worked well. I think this season having just two evenly divided arcs helped a lot. Since the first season handled all the setup and pushing the heroes to their physical and psychological limits this second season could flesh that out even more. By putting their morality and hearts to the test. Both on the island and with the village our heroes had some tough choices and situations. Adding in interesting twists and moments along the way. I do enjoy this cast, they even each other out well coveting all the usual bases in a hero party. Biggest negative is of course the production values aren't as good as they need to be. Maho Film might want to stay away from more action heavy series in the future and focus more on the slice of life titles as they've done before with By the Grace of the Gods. Anyways, I liked this second season more regardless as it moved the story and characters along in a good way.

75/100
Sep 24, 2021 10:20 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Hmm, that felt a bit rushed and a bit unsatisfying for me. I liked the first season more but i enjoyed anime more in general back then so that may be the cause

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 24, 2021 10:33 AM

Oct 2019
"So in the end, we were really Standing on a Million lives..."

The greatest parts of this series are the plot writing and character writing imo, since the visual department is well... lacking...

I'm going to read the manga which is probably the "gold without the turd" as some people call this anime, because it's definitely a series that has showed its potential through the anime at least!
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Sep 24, 2021 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
That was a rather trashy anime original arc, I gotta say. Couldn't compare to the Orc Island one. I had planned to rate this season an 8, but I guess I'll settle for a 7 like the first season instead.
It's unlikely, but I still hope to see a third season. This anime has a rather original and fun concept for an isekai.
Sep 24, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
DidiGetsRekt said:

The greatest parts of this series are the plot writing and character writing imo, since the visual department is well... lacking...

I'm going to read the manga which is probably the "gold without the turd" as some people call this anime, because it's definitely a series that has showed its potential through the anime at least!

Character writing are you serious?! All the characters are bland an uninteresting. Season one was slightly better but nothing special. Absolutely forgettable show with poor animation all round 5/10
Sep 24, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
for an isekai anime with having an actual plot unlike slime etc.. this anime wasn't give justice imo..

This is a bad adaptation.. i extremely love that there is an actual plot and characters in this anime... but 2 frames per second anime made it a freaking joke.. we most likely are never gonna see a sequel.. and imo.. that's fine

I'm going on to read the manga.. cuz from the tidbits of it.. Looks like even the manga had better art..
Sep 24, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
It went downhill after the Orc Arc for me. All the stupid things they did right and seems like it's not even from the manga. Jezby, the dragon bishop, was successfully killed. Glenda 's question was rather interesting and the following question should be where or how they'll break the drift. Or something like that. Anyway, it was a little bit better than the first season. But not a lot.. The only thing that improved was the ending song. Legit the best of summer season after Uramichi's ED.
5.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 24, 2021 12:04 PM

Oct 2019
Crashmatt said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

Character writing are you serious?! All the characters are bland an uninteresting. Season one was slightly better but nothing special. Absolutely forgettable show with poor animation all round 5/10

Well more like I can feel the intent of the author despite the adaptation so I can tell it's good in the manga, and this made me like it even in the anime lol

Then again I'm the kind of person who enjoys wack VN adaptations
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Sep 24, 2021 12:09 PM
Aug 2018
Orc are is probably the worst arc I've seen in my life (excluding Naruto's filler). It honestly felt like watching some slide show (animation was that bad) with bland character where nothing interesting happen, no development, random plot...

We went from the "best side character" of the show (Kahabell, Aoyu/Yana) to the worst character ever created : chief and Iris.

The village set-up was uninteresting at best.
We got several invasion scene but we got no tension at all. No music, no fight, no injuries, we even have some random shot of everyone just standing there (hero and monster).
It seemed the production team gave up on this anime.
We never had a good villain on this show but it was even worst.

This arc had no reason to exist. Everyone included with it should ask for forgiveness to have decided to go with this horrible arc. Our main character was useless, Iu was useless, Kusue was useless, Yuka was useless... random villain showing up with a too much complicated plot considering she can control dragon/monster...

This arc accomplished nothing except convincing me to not waste a single second on anything related to this "below average isekai" (including manga). This anime has never been that great but was good enough to watch... but they destroyed it for no reason.

At this point, they should have just released the first ARC as ONA and give us an actual adaptation of the manga in the second season.

First arc : 6/10
Second arc : 1/10
Total : 3/10

Worst isekai of this season (serei is bad but at least the production team doesn't do slide show and cheat store is not impressive but at least the character are cute).

Worst isekai arc of the decade (probably).

Sep 24, 2021 12:21 PM
Feb 2021
how could the color of the sky be so bad? even the first frame was bad af. Also we had a pathetic attempt at an emotional change of heart scene which somehow made me hate Hakozaki even more.
Sep 24, 2021 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
3rd season when? Any news?
Sep 24, 2021 12:31 PM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed it somewhat but I know it is bad even by Isekai standards. I have read ahead in the manga and I can see why it has a fanbase. I would like to see a another season but the studio has to really get its act together or maybe just give this one to Studio White Fox which made Re zero or 8-bit which made That time I got reincarnated as a slime. Anyway a generous 6/10 as a whole for this season
Sep 24, 2021 12:58 PM
Jul 2021
is this the last season?
Sep 24, 2021 1:30 PM
Sep 2021
I think the beginning arc in the season 2 was good than season 1 a nive improvement. But to mention that this zagroth arc is made up arc to compress the anime to 12 ep. And actually when game master ask them to choose one quest they actually choose to rainbow drug quest in manga and i dont know why actually this one made up and at the end of the ep 12 u see a beach photo but there was a story regarding it and torii was not involved at the beach and the blonde girl reveals which yotsuya she loves and there was a slight devolopment between kusue and yotsuya (love intrest maybe)
Sep 24, 2021 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing show from start to finish. A little bit rushed, but not anywhere near Index 3 level.
Visuals might be underwhelming at times, but that's not an issue.
Hope we will get 3rd season some day.

Sep 24, 2021 2:45 PM

Jun 2016
So our heroes managed to save the no-name hidden village from Jezby and her ludicrous army of assorted enemies. Congrats.

Jezby was a villain right to the very end, although how she wasn't killed straight away from the plant seed inside her is beyond me.

Ahh, I feel somewhat relieved now, knowing that the show has come to an end. Personally, it was one of the hardest things to watch, let alone enjoy.

If season 3 is ever announced, I'll throw bleach in my eyes to escape this hell.

Sep 24, 2021 2:59 PM

Dec 2015
A lot weaker than the first season. S1 hat an interesting concept and I liked the chars and the stories. Was 8/10 for me.

Second season felt repetitive. New chars not too interesting. Same for the stories. (And they were too long.) 7/10 only. Though the end with the explanation about the hole between the 2 worlds ... seemed interesting again.

Not sure if I would want to watch more.
Sep 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
I was actually quite suprised too see him use that seedling as a weapon, damn. Twas nb overall.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 24, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
the anime came to an end not to mention that this season was good but also i have to say that animation was very weak in the entire anime but there were moments that animation was neat plus this last episode until it was cool with aborting the events of the previous episode and ended , Yuusuke still has a moment just thinking and saying that he goes to the end and regards this world.
Sep 24, 2021 7:07 PM

Aug 2018
I personally found it better than the first season, at least in terms of plot. Frankly the animation was okay, clearly not exceptional or worth watching just for your eyes, but fine.

The whole story, precisely the 2 arcs, were pretty interesting. The two new heroes were fine, I just regret that Glen's introduction was kinda eluded. She was thrown in the pit already, by whatever

Overall it was enjoyable, even with an average animation. I wouldn't mind another season for sure
Sep 24, 2021 8:33 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Jezbey was pretty cute not gonna lie.

The ending kind of reminded me of how season 1 ended and it makes me wonder if there's gonna be a third season. Regardless, i like this more than the first season

Sep 24, 2021 8:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Unexpectedly decent final if i can be honest. Had more enjoyable part than the several episodes before. Jezby death surely give me an instant pain. Why you are become the villain? Ffs.

Though, that last photo of them having fun in the real world, really suit well to close the series as well as the title said at the end. Like it or not, they were being forced to stand on a million lives, at least from the other world.

Jezby revelation and final battle could have been getting a better direction and animation quality. Some parts still suck ass so much, and i can even an ugly Glen face while seeing Fathina. But, overall i think its just fine, because its easy to understand until the last section. The part where Jezby burnt herself after talking about the boy feeling, kinda make me, feelsbadman, and, its truly a pain.

Overall, the story toward the end actually feels better than i thought, even though the execution still weak, i think this is just a fine isekai afterall. There's a lot of tease leading to the next arc, i dunno. So, yeah, see you again when the next season comes, or just to the usual, 'go read the source to know more, you dimwit.' or something similar like that....

Okay. That's it all for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 24, 2021 9:09 PM

Sep 2018
I'm so glad it's over, praying it doesn't get a season three. Can't think of anything impactful about this series at all, everything was subpar to crap. 3/10.
Sep 24, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2020
I guess it was ok, but it was probably my least favourite isekai. I only really liked one character for the most part (Yuusuke) and the other main characters this season were annoying. Last season, at least Kahvel was good, but even she wasn’t here this time around. 7/10 if I’m being generous
Sep 24, 2021 10:05 PM

Oct 2016
Decent season overall, would have been better than the first season if it kept up with the quality of the Jiffon arc, the Zagroth arc was pretty meh. I am gonna give the manga a try eventually. 5.5/10
Sep 24, 2021 10:18 PM
Jan 2016
Yotsuya pulled a kurama on jezby lol i liked this season just felt like some stuff got cut out manga readers correct me if i'm wrong PS i don't mind spoilers anyway 7/10
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 24, 2021 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
awww it ended...one of my few shows that i always wait for every week with anticipation!
i wouldn't mind an S3 if that happens! cuz i enjoy these types of show/genre...
5/5.
7/10.

Sep 25, 2021 12:16 AM
Aug 2020
It is probably because I am a fan of the manga but I really can't bring my self to like this season. Mostly because of the anime only second half replacing one of the best arcs in the story. I honestly think it would have been better to just finish half way through that arc and leave with a good cliffhanger.

In the end 5/10.
Sep 25, 2021 6:23 AM
Nov 2020
I enjoyed the 1st season ending. But this... this is just pahtetic.
Sep 25, 2021 6:34 AM
Jun 2007
Had a mixed feelings on this season, aint that great
Sep 25, 2021 7:44 AM
Oct 2018
Wait, Tori actually love Iris?
Sep 25, 2021 7:59 AM
Dec 2020
Jezby as a Dragon Bishop still mine best unexpected twist of this season. but this season is still bad ngl. after reading the manga I thought I will give this season a solid 8/10. but oh boy, the animation and the unnecessary Zagroth arc really turn me off a bit. even 90's animes have better animated action than this. well, at least Zagroth arc had a decent proper closure to it. 6~7/10 at most.

Sep 25, 2021 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
Stiff dialogue, stiffer animation...
Plot is kinda good at times, but most of it is just meh.
This is thrash and i sort of liked it.
Still bad tho, not recommended.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 25, 2021 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Overall a good season for me, I didnt like a lot of things they did but I can dig it

My Candies:

Sep 25, 2021 5:46 PM

Jul 2016
Y'know the title call at the end, i could've sworn for a moment he said "we live in a society"....
This anime over the course of 12 weeks has really made me question my life choices, where did i go wrong to be wasting my time on this absolute pile?
if you were one of the blessed souls who rated this anything over a 2 you should simply question your life in general
Sep 25, 2021 6:13 PM
Oct 2020
Bruh so you should leave people to possibly commit more massacres in the future? Fuck off. WHOSE LIVES ARE YOU STANDING ON OTHER THAN THE VILLAGE WHO DIED COMPLETELY DUE TO YOUR INCOMPETENCE? And you let the botch choose her own death damn I thought we’d have one act of catharsis but this shit blows so hard. Fuck all the characters have a total of 3 brain cells. Yuusuke keeps getting dragged down to softie land. Please end this if you’re gonna pull this kindof adaptation off.
Sep 25, 2021 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
so....I'm assuming no more s3 since Maho Film made an original ending and strayed off from manga.

a bit sad, wish i could see the arc about cartel's town.

---

Pre_Yum said:

Edit: Guess what? The stuff happening in this last arc isn't even from the manga. I guess they're following the light novel or is it anime-original? Whatever the case, I'm off to the manga. I'm glad for anyone, who enjoyed this season.

nope, there is no LN.
just manga.

studio made an original ending and didn't go to actual next arc for Glenn introduction.
iirc, about drug cartel's town.

and if im not mistaken, dragon bishop didn't even get introduced on that arc. it should be after that. the next arc. my memory is a bit fuzzy, might be wrong.

---

Sep 26, 2021 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
Jezby ability to enable her to control the memory of the villagers seems like a huge plothole to me, mainly caz if she could have done that then why didn't she uses that ability on the heros? unless if the heroes cannot be affected by it.

the show dropped in score rather in a surprising way, I didn't expect it to fall this hard either because the arc in the manga was too long or too political which is a shame
Sep 29, 2021 2:02 PM
Sep 2012
That whole plot twist about Jezby was stupid af. And Glen just casually being at the exact time to reveal it, even though she didn't do anything before under the excuse "I wasn't sure".

Glen is terribly bad developed character
Sep 29, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2008
Suprisingly quite good anime. Will the party ever notice that the MC was really lucky to get the 0.5% jobs? Without those jobs, they won't get as far as the current situation.

Did anyone noticed that Aoyu and Yana's name are from the respective voice actors' name? Did the original creator fulfilled their dream to hire their fav voice actors? They must be really happy lol.
Oct 2, 2021 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
Good to see Yotsuya in this season actually having a capable company with everyone doing at least something in battle and now also having the stupid Torii and amazing Glenda to help out.

Mediocre season, first arc with the orcs was somewhat interesting and definitely an improvement (not by a large margin though) on the first season but second arc despite the nice Jezby plottwist was honestly quite disappointing in my opinion.

Oct 9, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2020
A bit better than S1 but I still don't think it was good. 6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 10, 2021 12:19 AM
Oct 2017
Man I really hope a season 3 comes out my guy came back 15 years after when Kahabell was a mom and looking fine as hell just to meet her dead 17 years after
I really love this series tbh the time difference really took me by surprise
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

47 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 8, 1:16 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

34 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

65 by bpleshek »»
Jan 1, 7:19 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

» This is konosuba if it took itself seriously.

xsilicon9 - Aug 23, 2023

9 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.