Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2021 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this episode was depressing. The falling into the water scene represents a sense of despair flowing down .

At least we did get a deeper look into Shino and her past. She seems like the type of character that really had her life fucked up and needed help.
Sep 10, 2021 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
The Reflectors encountering young Shino (that is Kano) in the Common, and that's a valued Fragment embodiment to see her egregious past.

A family of twin sisters paraded by a parental figure that disregards moral values, the savior (Shino) and the martyr (Kano). Shino being mind manipulated to do her mom's bidding is just sad, and this religion that which continues this wishful thinking basically kickstarted the corrupt evil within Shino, and Mio did nothing to cure his cold-blooded girl's heart on foresight.

Bad news, Uta has resurfaced to eliminate Kano. Better get rid of her quick before facing Shino.

If this was a 12-episode series, I would have given more attention. Sadly as depressing as this episode was, it took way too long to reach this point to boredom.
Sep 10, 2021 11:52 AM

May 2012
Hmm,really questioned by this episode,at least all of this damned churches and bell sounds with Shino get a point now. Really her stupid psychotic mother created a sect similar to christianity and make her daughters martyr/savior and she is Lilith or devil in this story. So evil lies in religion,lets burn all churches,crush people faith and let all adults suffer, i think this is what twisted mind of Shino thinking now. So Shino killed herself in first world? After Mio resetting world or it wasn't Mio,anyway i am thinking in present world Shino killed her mother and sect crumbled. I don't like how they postponed final battle for so many episodes, really who cares about Uta and her masochistic urges just let her sleep forever in her dream world of endless pain,she is just a tool to postpone time.
I don't like the theme of this anime with serious problems like sects,religious cults and other stupid adult stuff. Game was about teenage problems (bad grades,one sided love,losing a dream.loneliness,public opinion and etc), i want anime to be about the same problems without religious crap.
Sep 10, 2021 1:00 PM

Feb 2019
This was actually hard af to watch. What a fucked up episode. Shino and Kano’s abuse at the hands of their “mother” was horrible, but then to make Shino drink kano’s blood after watching her die.. this shit made Madoka and Eva look tame.
Sep 10, 2021 1:00 PM

Feb 2019
Doomsday770 said:
Hmm,really questioned by this episode,at least all of this damned churches and bell sounds with Shino get a point now. Really her stupid psychotic mother created a sect similar to christianity and make her daughters martyr/savior and she is Lilith or devil in this story. So evil lies in religion,lets burn all churches,crush people faith and let all adults suffer, i think this is what twisted mind of Shino thinking now. So Shino killed herself in first world? After Mio resetting world or it wasn't Mio,anyway i am thinking in present world Shino killed her mother and sect crumbled. I don't like how they postponed final battle for so many episodes, really who cares about Uta and her masochistic urges just let her sleep forever in her dream world of endless pain,she is just a tool to postpone time.
I don't like the theme of this anime with serious problems like sects,religious cults and other stupid adult stuff. Game was about teenage problems (bad grades,one sided love,losing a dream.loneliness,public opinion and etc), i want anime to be about the same problems without religious crap.

Well luckily all that matters is what Japan wants and likes, not you. So we’ll continue to enjoy the religious themes :)
Sep 10, 2021 1:46 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This ep was truly disturbing....dude.
Sep 10, 2021 2:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
WTF is this hardcore past for Shino with her twin sister Kano being sacrificed like that by their mother, damn... it's more understandable now, but I think they're trying to do way too much with how sad a backstory can be
Sep 10, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2012
Marinate1016 said:
Doomsday770 said:

Well luckily all that matters is what Japan wants and likes, not you. So we’ll continue to enjoy the religious themes :)

Sep 10, 2021 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
Jeez that went from 0 to 100 real quick but at least it's clear how Shino got so fucked up......can't really blame her for it now. With this her redemption is inevitable most likely.
Sep 10, 2021 5:59 PM
May 2011
Another backstory, another awful mother.

This episode sure was...something, but...does it show why Shino is trying to get rid of feelings? It feels like there is a disconnect between the flashback and the present (and this is not the first time I've felt this way watching this series). I take it Shino kills her mother then herself, but she's not dead, and now she is invading the Common the get rid of all feelings. Seems like there is a scene or two missing.
Sep 10, 2021 8:04 PM
Mar 2020
damn, good thing hiori went to tsukinomiya instead
Sep 10, 2021 8:38 PM

Jan 2020
damn.. this was pretty disturbing and sad. The soundtracks really helped in my opinion

Hopefully the last two episodes are good

Sep 11, 2021 12:53 AM
Apr 2020
A depressing episode with a terrible ending.
Sep 11, 2021 6:58 AM
Aug 2019
Fail_Man_X said:

This episode sure was...something, but...does it show why Shino is trying to get rid of feelings? It feels like there is a disconnect between the flashback and the present (and this is not the first time I've felt this way watching this series). I take it Shino kills her mother then herself, but she's not dead, and now she is invading the Common the get rid of all feelings. Seems like there is a scene or two missing.

I have the same feeling, but we may have enough the connections to come up with a hypothesis or two.

First, while Shino directly points to her mother as a manifestation of what Shino calls 'evil', Shino is probably seeking to address a more societal issue then bearing a grudge against her mother specifically. When Shino says 'evil', she means the feeling of people to despise those whom people deem as unworthy and the advocacy of policies to eliminate those being labeled as unworthy. That is, basically the cultural tendencies of fascism.

Second, recalling what Shino said to Mio, it is possible that Shino does not simply want to eliminate evil - she likely also despises what she calls 'sin'. This 'sin' seems to be a combination of people's self centered motives in sympathizing with those victimized and the unwillingness to act on the situation and help the victimized person. In short, a particular variant of bystander behavior - where people who experience sympathy yet choose inaction.

While there are a few more logical steps required to establish the precise causation between what Shino calls 'evil', 'sin' and feelings, it is not that hard to see that they are somewhat casually related. Clearly both the 'evil' and the 'sin' involve a certain element of feeling - the reinforcement of one's ego, the self confirmation bias about saving society or someone. If all feelings are removed, then the feeling elements are absent and 'evil' and 'sin' thereby technically cannot be committed. If so, then the link between Shino's motivations and actions should be reasonably clear.

(P.S. This is, of course, leaving aside several important questions like whether Shino only sought to end a world where people passionately engaged in what she calls 'evil' and 'sin' or whether Shino really wants a world where people no longer engage in the actions that constitute what she saw as manifestations of 'evil' or 'sin'. However, one has to admit the fact that if no feelings exist, then people shall feel neither happy nor sad, neither love nor hatred, neither hope nor despair, and as a result suffering as a subjective feeling really does disappear.)
Sep 11, 2021 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
WOW, this episode was brutal! One of the most disturbing episode I ever seen in animes. It was hard to watch. Really a great episode.
Sep 12, 2021 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
bruh was not expecting a disturbing cult like backstory after last week

well i can't say i fully understand why Shino is doing what shes is but i sure as hell know how she got to this point though
Sep 12, 2021 8:34 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was tonally inconsistent with the rest of the series to date. Incredibly messed up, I am the kind of person who intentionally stays away from super messed up stuff because my heart can't take it and the 21 episodes before this didn't even come close to this level.

I'm actually mad.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Sep 13, 2021 5:24 PM

Sep 2020
I hope the few cloudy plot points remaining (a few things about Shino, how the Sephira got involved etc.) will be explained in the last two episodes, but I'm also prepared for an ending that will not answer all the questions left.
Sep 14, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2007
this episode clearly designed to edge the viewers, severe physical abuse leading to murder of daughter by insane / evil mom. I take this as a last ditch attempt by the writers for their boring anime to be remembered for years. lol

seeing people willing enough to enroll at a school that considers old, weak, and sickly people as trash. Must be a rather twisted society they have in this anime.
Liddo-kunSep 14, 2021 7:09 AM
Sep 14, 2021 7:26 AM
Jul 2019
I didn't expect this .This actually beautiful how this anime present past of character who reject and hopeless in the word "emotion".That she is actually a prey from someone who delusion and use other emotion for their benefit. I love that it talk about fraud in a form of Cult or religion. As an Asian I'm really relate with this topic it's really disgusting as same as another point in this ep like child abuse. This topic really hot for me.
Sep 14, 2021 8:50 AM
May 2011
Signwritsu said:
Fail_Man_X said:

I have the same feeling, but we may have enough the connections to come up with a hypothesis or two.

First, while Shino directly points to her mother as a manifestation of what Shino calls 'evil', Shino is probably seeking to address a more societal issue then bearing a grudge against her mother specifically. When Shino says 'evil', she means the feeling of people to despise those whom people deem as unworthy and the advocacy of policies to eliminate those being labeled as unworthy. That is, basically the cultural tendencies of fascism.

Second, recalling what Shino said to Mio, it is possible that Shino does not simply want to eliminate evil - she likely also despises what she calls 'sin'. This 'sin' seems to be a combination of people's self centered motives in sympathizing with those victimized and the unwillingness to act on the situation and help the victimized person. In short, a particular variant of bystander behavior - where people who experience sympathy yet choose inaction.

While there are a few more logical steps required to establish the precise causation between what Shino calls 'evil', 'sin' and feelings, it is not that hard to see that they are somewhat casually related. Clearly both the 'evil' and the 'sin' involve a certain element of feeling - the reinforcement of one's ego, the self confirmation bias about saving society or someone. If all feelings are removed, then the feeling elements are absent and 'evil' and 'sin' thereby technically cannot be committed. If so, then the link between Shino's motivations and actions should be reasonably clear.

(P.S. This is, of course, leaving aside several important questions like whether Shino only sought to end a world where people passionately engaged in what she calls 'evil' and 'sin' or whether Shino really wants a world where people no longer engage in the actions that constitute what she saw as manifestations of 'evil' or 'sin'. However, one has to admit the fact that if no feelings exist, then people shall feel neither happy nor sad, neither love nor hatred, neither hope nor despair, and as a result suffering as a subjective feeling really does disappear.)

Interesting theory. Watching the show, I felt that Shino's group believed that feelings cause pain to the individual. As such, they thought they were doing their victims a favor by taking their Fragments. I never considered the idea of taking someone's feelings to protect others, but it's possible based on what we've seen. Without feelings, everyone is left in a zombie-like state without the desire or ability to hurt others. Quite the plan.

Still, after thinking about it some more, I figured out what my issue with Shino is, and it's the same issue I had with Mio's first flashback - the flashback is incomplete. We see what happens with them in the original timeline, and yes, we can hypothesize about Shino's motivation and plan, but we don't see what happens to her in the current timeline.

When Niina showed Mio's memories to Hiori, it ends with Mio failing to protect Hiori's feelings and the opening scene of the series with the Sephirot. It isn't until a couple episodes later that we see Shino confront the new Mio, restore her memories, and recruit her. Similarly, we see Shino up to her death, but that's it. The flashback doesn't explain her knowledge of Reflectors and the Common nor her powers. We still have two episodes left, and I think it'll be explained. I just don't know why it was left out.
Sep 15, 2021 2:32 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
The Reflectors encountering young Shino (that is Kano) in the Common, and that's a valued Fragment embodiment to see her egregious past.

A family of twin sisters paraded by a parental figure that disregards moral values, the savior (Shino) and the martyr (Kano). Shino being mind manipulated to do her mom's bidding is just sad, and this religion that which continues this wishful thinking basically kickstarted the corrupt evil within Shino, and Mio did nothing to cure his cold-blooded girl's heart on foresight.

Bad news, Uta has resurfaced to eliminate Kano. Better get rid of her quick before facing Shino.

If this was a 12-episode series, I would have given more attention. Sadly as depressing as this episode was, it took way too long to reach this point to boredom.

None of the Anime is boring. None of it. I feel like the Anime is longer than 12 Episodes on purpose, cause Blue Reflection is an ongoing video game series. And the Anime is finishing it's 1st season before the 2nd game. Go play the games. Some of the characters from the Anime returns for the sequel game. Go play the games to get a better understanding of the Anime. It is not boring.
Sep 15, 2021 2:34 AM
Apr 2021
DarttheLegend said:
This episode was tonally inconsistent with the rest of the series to date. Incredibly messed up, I am the kind of person who intentionally stays away from super messed up stuff because my heart can't take it and the 21 episodes before this didn't even come close to this level.

I'm actually mad.

That does not make it any less enjoyable to watch. The Anime is very interesting from start to finish. If this is what made you mad, that is very pathetic.
Sep 15, 2021 2:37 AM
Apr 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this episode was depressing. The falling into the water scene represents a sense of despair flowing down .

At least we did get a deeper look into Shino and her past. She seems like the type of character that really had her life fucked up and needed help.

There is a Manga for the Blue Reflection Anime and video game series? I had no idea.
Sep 15, 2021 2:41 AM
Apr 2021
Imma just come out and say it. You have to continue on with Blue Reflection Ray. It is really good. And worth watching all 24 Episodes of. I honestly say come Episode 12 the Anime did a good job of usuing betrayal and character back stories. And the plot line really picked up as a whole. There is 2 types of people on the internet. 1 dropped the Anime before finding out if it gets good or not. And 2 People who didn't care for the Anime much continued onward with the Anime giving it another go ahead. And found out that they were wrong to be uninterested in the Anime at first. It's one of those Animes that you gotta watch more of to find out how good the Anime actually really is. I couldn't help but to read this one reply comment you got. It's true that haters of Sword Art Online. Even people uninterested in the Anime continued the 4+ seasons + the Movie and actually found out how good SAO really is in the long run. If a group of people can do that. And even go out of there way to pay money to go see SAO in movie theaters despite them being uninterested in the Anime. Than i say why not do that for Blue Reflection Ray? You like the video games it has for it. So why not continue it all 24 Episodes. Say you finished all 24 Episodes and still didn't like the Anime. Than you can say you at least took the time to prove the fans of BRR wrong I'm telling you that the Anime gets interesting. Storyline really picks up. There is more character development in the Anime. You will never know fully until you continue the Anime. I am not the only one saying that it is worth sticking with it until the very end for Blue Reflection Ray.

The current Episode i watches show Shino's dark back story. And how she and her twin sister was used for her mother's own gain. And beat and abuised. You are not gonna wanna miss the back story that happened in Episode 22. Which is one of the best and saddest Episodes in the Anime by far.

The Anime really is worth continuing it. I have convinced and recommended some of my friends to continue on with the BRR Anime when they were just bot interested in it as a whole. And than they came back to me thanking me for having them continue the Anime. And they said they have changed some of there unfair biased reviews and scores of the Anime on MAL to a better score/review of the Anime. So i am honestly saying the Anime is worth sticking around with. Episode 12 and onward is where the story really picks up the most. Blue Reflection Ray is by far one of the best Animes to ever come out this year.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO CONTINUE AND FINISH AT LEAST THE FIRST SEASON OF THE ANIME. IT IS NOT GONNA HURT YOU AT ALL TO AT LEAST CONTINUE AND FINISH IT. 24 EPISODES IS NOT THAT LONG COMPARED TO HOW LONG VIDEO GAMES CAN GET LONG. SO PLEASE DO CONTINUE THE ANIME. AND SEE IF THE HYPE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HARPING YOU OVER THE ANIME IS ACTUALLY WORTH IT OR NOT.
Sep 15, 2021 2:42 AM
Apr 2021
DarttheLegend said:

I'm actually mad.

That last quote you made is a reference to Madoka Magiaca/Magia Record that the Anime references.
Sep 15, 2021 2:44 AM
Apr 2021
28012001 said:

The ending wasn't that bad. Calm down!
Sep 15, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2019
Good lord...that last episode was freaking dark.

Umm...also, it seems like Shino, despite what she is saying, has basically done exactly what her mother wanted.

Not that this show is grounded much in reality, but I don't think the Japanese authorities would be ignoring a little girl touring the country, claiming to be from the future, and advocating genocide. Not one who is obviously touring around the country with her mother and twin sister, who the mother is trying to claim doesn't exist, despite the fact that she is standing in the same room as her twin.

So was that bloody sock before Shino jumped supposed to indicate she killed her mother? Also, was Shino supposed to be a ghost? It clearly seemed like she jumped.
Sep 15, 2021 6:52 AM
Apr 2020
TkWolf01 said:
28012001 said:

Terrible I mean within the episode, not out universe.
Sep 15, 2021 1:43 PM
Apr 2021
28012001 said:
TkWolf01 said:

Terrible I mean within the episode, not out universe.

So you like Blue Reflection Ray Anime? I for one enjoy it. It's not boring at all. It's pretty good. And better than what people think. It's actually not that bad an Anime.
Sep 15, 2021 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
TkWolf01 said:
DarttheLegend said:

I'm actually mad.

That does not make it any less enjoyable to watch. The Anime is very interesting from start to finish. If this is what made you mad, that is very pathetic.

It seems like English may not be your first language, so I'm trying to be understanding here. It seems as though you've misunderstood what I'm "mad" about. I'm upset that there were no hints or tone-setting events that told me earlier than episode 22, "this series isn't for you." there are, of course, many people who can handle this level of incredibly dark content, but not me, the rest of the series doesn't resemble this episode and I wish there would've been some sort of warning for people like me who are too empathetic to handle that kind of thing. I am psychologically effected by scenes like that on a level you can't possibly understand.
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Sep 15, 2021 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
TkWolf01 said:
DarttheLegend said:

I'm actually mad.

That last quote you made is a reference to Madoka Magiaca/Magia Record that the Anime references.

No, it's from Clannad.
Sep 16, 2021 2:37 AM
Apr 2021
DarttheLegend said:
TkWolf01 said:

It seems like English may not be your first language, so I'm trying to be understanding here. It seems as though you've misunderstood what I'm "mad" about. I'm upset that there were no hints or tone-setting events that told me earlier than episode 22, "this series isn't for you." there are, of course, many people who can handle this level of incredibly dark content, but not me, the rest of the series doesn't resemble this episode and I wish there would've been some sort of warning for people like me who are too empathetic to handle that kind of thing. I am psychologically effected by scenes like that on a level you can't possibly understand.

I was only talking about the amount of hate this Anime has gotten. It's really unfair. The Anime once people continue onward with it. It's a really good Anime. It just sucks that not enough people give it more of a chance. And continued on with it. BRR is by far one of the best Animes of the year. And more people really do need to continue forward with this Anime to see how good it actually is.

I get what you are saying. My friend can't handle something like this Episode. But i am actually got we finally got some much needed character back story. I mean think about it. It honestly explains why Shino became who she is now.and it's honestly sad. My heart broke for her when i saw her mother abusing her and her twin sister. I honestly wanted to save Shino from her pain and suffering she went through.

I know exactly how you feel believe it or not. Certain things for me bother me the dame way. And i can't handle all that. So i get where your coming from.
Sep 17, 2021 4:40 AM

Oct 2007
HOOfan_1 said:

Not that this show is grounded much in reality, but I don't think the Japanese authorities would be ignoring a little girl touring the country, claiming to be from the future, and advocating genocide. Not one who is obviously touring around the country with her mother and twin sister, who the mother is trying to claim doesn't exist, despite the fact that she is standing in the same room as her twin.

So was that bloody sock before Shino jumped supposed to indicate she killed her mother? Also, was Shino supposed to be a ghost? It clearly seemed like she jumped.

yeah, and she even appears on tv. Attempting something like that irl won't work at all.

not sure, but hopefully, that sock means that she murdered her insane mom. Evil cultists are the among the worst kind of people, in fiction and in real life.
Sep 18, 2021 1:30 PM
May 2010
Damn, this episode was pretty good but so messed up I think it almost made me vomit.
When it comes to it some of the characters are what makes this show interesting..... especially their background
but honestly the overall presentation of this series isn't the best and that's why its rated so low.
Sep 19, 2021 11:13 AM
Apr 2021
ArtemisMeiko said:
Damn, this episode was pretty good but so messed up I think it almost made me vomit.
When it comes to it some of the characters are what makes this show interesting..... especially their background
but honestly the overall presentation of this series isn't the best and that's why its rated so low.

The Anime the way it presented itself is fine. I have no issues at all with it. So no complaints from me. People rated it low. And reading some reviews came from.people who never played the game. They don't know the storyline. And didn't bother to figure it out. Or they just don't like new that isn't 90's based Anime. Reading reviews like that make you think that people are stupid.and attacked the Anime unfairly. Which is sad. It's a beautiful Anime. With a good storyline. People who attacked the Anime said they got confused and didn't even know what the storyline is even about. It's crap like that, that makes people's reviews and opinions invalid.
I'm all like continue watching the Anime. Go play the video games. And figure out what the dang story is even about. And if you like.only 90's based Animes, than leave. Don't attack a new Anime just cause you prefer 90's based Anime i told some people in there reviews. It just makes than look like a dumb@$$.

There are some returning characters appearing in the 2nd game like Hirahara Hiori. And some other characters. I highly recommend checking out the Anime from start to finish without dropping it at all. Like later on in the Anime you get to see Shino's past. And what made her turn evil like she did. It's honestly worth watching until the end. I hope the evil Reflectors have a chance to return for the 2nd game. They would make for great fights and boss fights in the 2nd game. Not just monsters and creatures. But actual humans you can fight like they did in the Anime. Please do watch the Anime. And please do finish it. And not drop it. The Anime picks up. And gets very interesting. I like the character designs, story and art style. It is very unique.
TkWolf01Sep 19, 2021 11:22 AM
Sep 19, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:

The Anime isn't boring. There are some returning characters appearing in the 2nd game like Hirahara Hiori. And some other characters. I highly recommend checking out the Anime from start to finish without dropping it at all. Like later on in the Anime you get to see Shino's past. And what made her turn evil like she did. It's honestly worth watching until the end. I hope the evil Reflectors have a chance to return for the 2nd game. They would make for great fights and boss fights in the 2nd game. Not just monsters and creatures. But actual humans you can fight like they did in the Anime. Please do watch the Anime. And please do finish it. And not drop it. The Anime picks up. And gets very interesting. I like the character designs, story and art style. It is very unique.
Sep 19, 2021 11:27 AM
Apr 2021
lucio54 said:

I have seen by far worst Episodes. This isn't the worst.
Sep 19, 2021 11:41 AM
May 2010
TkWolf01 said:
ArtemisMeiko said:

The Anime the way it presented itself is fine. I have no issues at all with it. So no complaints from me. People rated it low. And reading some reviews came from.people who never played the game. They don't know the storyline. And didn't bother to figure it out. Or they just don't like new that isn't 90's based Anime. Reading reviews like that make you think that people are stupid.and attacked the Anime unfairly. Which is sad. It's a beautiful Anime. With a good storyline. People who attacked the Anime said they got confused and didn't even know what the storyline is even about. It's crap like that, that makes people's reviews and opinions invalid.
I'm all like continue watching the Anime. Go play the video games. And figure out what the dang story is even about. And if you like.only 90's based Animes, than leave. Don't attack a new Anime just cause you prefer 90's based Anime i told some people in there reviews. It just makes than look like a dumb@$$.

There are some returning characters appearing in the 2nd game like Hirahara Hiori. And some other characters. I highly recommend checking out the Anime from start to finish without dropping it at all. Like later on in the Anime you get to see Shino's past. And what made her turn evil like she did. It's honestly worth watching until the end. I hope the evil Reflectors have a chance to return for the 2nd game. They would make for great fights and boss fights in the 2nd game. Not just monsters and creatures. But actual humans you can fight like they did in the Anime. Please do watch the Anime. And please do finish it. And not drop it. The Anime picks up. And gets very interesting. I like the character designs, story and art style. It is very unique.

Well I am not dropping it or skipping episodes cuz I want to see how it ends... and see how it ties to the new game.
Sep 19, 2021 11:57 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
TkWolf01 said:
lucio54 said:

I have seen by far worst Episodes. This isn't the worst.

And when did i say that it was the worst?
Sep 20, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
@TkWolf01 not gonna quote the whole thing, but I've tried to give many chances with the anime. Don't ever intend to touch the game as IMO it's quite mediocre from what I've heard, and there's no hype supporting it either.

The anime itsef is a sad, sad joke of a promotional material.
Sep 21, 2021 12:32 PM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
@TkWolf01 not gonna quote the whole thing, but I've tried to give many chances with the anime. Don't ever intend to touch the game as IMO it's quite mediocre from what I've heard, and there's no hype supporting it either.

The anime itsef is a sad, sad joke of a promotional material.

Screw you. A crap ton of people love the Blue Reflection Video Games. It got many good hyped up reviews. Plus a sequel game. Stuff that isn't popular usually never continues on. Your just an idiot. You should actually try the games for yourself. Your just one of those uneducated retards that does not try things for yourself. You just go off on whatever another idiot says. When people like you do stupid BS crap like that, it's pathetic. Play the video games. There really good. And similar to Persona. Try things for yourself. And judge for yourself not cause someone else liked or didn't like something. I know your gonna flip out and get mad over what i said. I only said what needed to be said.

From what i heard Blue Reflection games have gotten many good reviews telling you to go play the video game series. A crap ton of people out there keep hyping up the sequel game as a must buy gane of the year. And you say nobody hypes Blue Reflection? Go screw yourself!
Sep 22, 2021 6:34 AM

Jul 2017
@TkWolf01 seems like this argument is going nowhere, and I shall not comment any further. If anything, this anime sure doesn't give me the conception to play the actual game, and is a rather bland one. Take it as you will, I have definitely played other games that have bad anime adaptations (take the Persona 5 the Animation as an example), and those games are as you say, good.

But Blue Reflection? Go and see the Metacritic scores for yourself, and judge them as you will.
Sep 22, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
@TkWolf01 seems like this argument is going nowhere, and I shall not comment any further. If anything, this anime sure doesn't give me the conception to play the actual game, and is a rather bland one. Take it as you will, I have definitely played other games that have bad anime adaptations (take the Persona 5 the Animation as an example), and those games are as you say, good.

But Blue Reflection? Go and see the Metacritic scores for yourself, and judge them as you will.

Nobody is arguing but you dumbass. The video games for Blue Reflection are styled after Persona. Go look them up for yourself. The main character is named Hinako. Different cast of characters in the 1st game. Go look up the game for yourself before assuming that the games are the same thing as the Anime. Cause you have no idea. In the Anime they fought other humans. While in the game they jumped into the Commons and fought monsters like they do in Persona. The gameplay is the same as Persona. Go look up the original Blue Reflection Games. The games are made by Gust Koei Teckmo. While the Anime is made at JC Staff. Different companies and different people working on the Anime and games. You should honestly look up the Blue Reflection games on YouTube first. And stop assuming that there the same as the Anime. The games have a different cast of characters. And the storyline is different in the game. Go look up the games on YouTube. There nothing like the Anime. Give it a try before assuming things.
Sep 22, 2021 10:49 AM
Apr 2021
[quote=KANLen09 message=64466706]@TkWolf01 seems like this argument is going nowhere, and I shall not comment any further. If anything, this anime sure doesn't give me the conception to play the actual game, and is a rather bland one. Take it as you will, I have definitely played other games that have bad anime adaptations (take the Persona 5 the Animation as an example), and those games are as you say, good.

Your pathetic. You only judge something based soley on a score instead of trying out things for yourself. That's pathetic.

Have you even tried the Persona 5 and Blue Reflection games foe yourself? There pretty good and very hyped by people. The games are nothing like the Anime. Go on look up Blue Reflection and Blue Reflection Second Light on YouTube. You will see how good they really are. The Persona 5 Anime wasn't the best but the games are good. Look up the games on YouTube. There pretty good once you try them.

Just cause an Anime may be good or not does not mean the game is the same as the Anime. So do go look up the game trailers on YouTube. Try the games for yourself. And don't go off on what someone else thinks. Cause 1 person can think Anime sucks while another person says Anime is the best thing ever. All you should do is try something for yourself. And figure out if you like something yourself. Not what someone else's opinions. Form your own opinion. I for one tried the Blue Reflection games. And i am a big fan of them games myself.
TkWolf01Sep 22, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 14, 2021 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Ridiculous.

So again this is a way to catch attention; by having little girls getting spanked and tortured out of ridiculous reasons.

What about a creative or reasonable reason? There is none seems like.

It makes me amazed how people are saying this episode was great or amazing; I am starting to wonder whether I should be more troubled about this episode or about the people saying that lol

Finally there are just more 2 episodes to go. I stick with this anime until now in hopes for something better, but.. oh God...
TechOtakuOct 14, 2021 12:53 PM
Mar 6, 2022 4:27 PM
Dec 2017
And who says, magical girls can't be dark outside of Madoka

May 31, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2015
This whole episode was interesting (albeit dark) up until Ms Masochist showed up in the end.

I'm almost wishing Second Light will go this level of dark.

Jul 6, 2023 11:38 PM
Jan 2023
Blue Reflection Ray review. A fascinating show. The surface story is a well designed and plotted magical girl show where the protagonists try to protect other girls' negative feelings from being "consumed" by the antagonists for their own use.

But the show subverts anime tropes to create a sense of foreboding, and way the show plays with the characters' perception of reality makes the viewer question everything they see. The theme of hundreds of girls and women living with social anxiety, depression, imposter syndrome and other mental health problems is a dark commentary on the mores and structures in modern society.

An excellent Anime that is worth bing watching. It has 24 Episodes. + 24 OVA Mini Chibi Episodes all worth watching.

Storyline: 9/10
Art style: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Fight scenes: 9/10
Overall Enjoyment: 9/10

This is one of the best Magical Girl Anime and Video games I have ever watched and played. Some of the characters in the franchise. Hiori Hirahara, Mio Hirahara, Yuzu & Lime Shijō Yuzuki, Shijō Raimu, Ruka Hanari, Shino Mizusaki, Uta Kamogawa, Nina Yamada, Saiki Yuri, Yukiko Takaoka. Gust Koei Tecmo DMM Pictures Games and Anime. Reflector battles.Blue Reflection Ray is a really good Anime. You should watch it if you haven't yet. The music is beautiful, characters are lovable, gameplay is really good. Also the storyline is very enjoyable. I recommend em to everyone who is either into Anime. Or just wants a fun Magical Girl Anime to watch. The transformations are similar to Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica in a way. Some of the art style reminds me of Yuki Yuna is a Hero. Like the color schemes in some scenarios. Ruka Hanari looks similar to Sailor Mars Rei Heino in a way. This has one of the best Anime OST BGM soundtracks I have ever heard hands down. If you have not played Blue Reflection, Tie/Second or even watched the Blue Reflection Ray Anime. Than your missing out. This series is quite enjoyable and lovable. Blue Reflection Ray that takes place between the first and second game that is a must watch. Really enjoyed it a lot. Blue Reflection Sword other the girl who dances in illusions. Blue Reflection Tie.

I love Mel Kishida's art style. It's very pretty. The Anime as a whole is perfect. It may not be the cream of the crop, but it's still really fun. And really enjoyable.
Jul 10, 2023 3:50 PM
Jul 2023
Blue Reflection Ray is a really good Anime. You should watch it if you haven't yet. The music is beautiful, characters are lovable, gameplay is really good. Also the storyline is very enjoyable. I recommend em to everyone who is either into Anime. Or just wants a fun Magical Girl Anime to watch. The transformations are similar to Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica in a way. Some of the art style reminds me of Yuki Yuna is a Hero. Like the color schemes in some scenarios. Ruka Hanari looks similar to Sailor Mars Rei Heino in a way. This has one of the best Anime OST BGM soundtracks I have ever heard hands down. If you have not played Blue Reflection, Tie/Second or even watched the Blue Reflection Ray Anime. Than your missing out. This series is quite enjoyable and lovable. Blue Reflection Ray that takes place between the first and second game that is a must watch. Really enjoyed it a lot. Blue Reflection Sword other the girl who dances in illusions. Blue Reflection Tie.

Storyline 9/10
Characters 10/10
Art style 9/10
Music: 10/10

I love Mel Kishida's art style. It's very pretty. The Anime as a whole is perfect. It may not be the cream of the crop, but it's still really fun. And really enjoyable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Reflection Ray Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2021

28 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Blue Reflection Ray Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2021

36 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Blue Reflection Ray Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2021

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Blue Reflection Ray Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

35 by yhagni »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:10 AM

Poll: » Blue Reflection Ray Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

21 by WolfTK01 »»
Jul 10, 2023 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.