Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sayu just wants to be more useful, now with a part time job. She looks nice in her work uniform imo.

About time Asami got more screen time in this show. She seems like a decent person and easy to get along with. And it didn't take long for her to realize Sayu's relationship with Yoshida. What a development. I find Asami quite likeable as a character.

Feb 2018
"Baito o sa sete kudasai."

Last week was an amazing episode, 30 seconds was so killing me. Yoshida and Sayu are getting better, in a mental sense after long debate in the previous episode. Sayu didn't want to depend on Yoshida, Sayu tries to work part time (arubaito) I don't know how Sayu started thinking that sleeping with a guy can solve the problem but yeah, Sayu is now trying to get arubaito, so that she does not sell herself.

It seems like living in the same house with a guy when that guy isn't your boyfriend is very suspicious. Asami was really suspicious, was Yoshida a good person? The moment when Asami and Yoshida that night clarified Yoshida's relationship with Sayu, However Asami asked about the true relationship between Yoshida and Sayu.

After knowing about Yoshida and Sayu's relationship, now Yoshida is on a Yakiniku date with Gotou. For some reason, Gotou expressed his feelings to Yoshida, didn't Gotou reject Yoshida? "Watashi ga Yoshida-kun no koto sukidakara yo" damn nice kokuhaku, milf de best.

Alright, this makes me surprised, Are you kidding me? GOTOU STILL VIRGIN? WTF... Somehow I feel that Sayu is more experienced on the bed, idk why... But Gotou still virgin is so awesome, how?

Virgin vs lil bi**h

Apr 2020
Sayu decided to take part time work. Also new character, Asami, and she's kinda gal.

Gotou invites Yoshida to have dinner together again ... So Goutou is still a virgin?
Apr 26, 2021 7:06 AM

May 2011
Definitely don't trust that Gotou lady. You can't just dump a man then bother him again then go tehe it was just a joke I actually like you or something like that. She's plotting something I can feel it.
Apr 26, 2021 7:08 AM

Feb 2018
ImmortalZero said:
Definitely don't trust that Gotou lady.
Hhhmm.... Interesting, how?
Apr 26, 2021 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly i don't really like Gotou i have questions wether she is sincere or just playing with the main, there is something off about her behaviour and it has been from the start.
Somehow i think she is just acting and she likes to be in control.

Anyway Sayu's new friends seems like a nice girl and it's very clear that she is sharp, which makes me wonder when she will find out about Sayu's background.
She does seem openminded so i don't think she will judge Sayu for her past behaviour.
Apr 26, 2021 7:35 AM

May 2011
Syureria said:
ImmortalZero said:
Definitely don't trust that Gotou lady.
Hhhmm.... Interesting, how?

Not sure if you chose not to read the rest of my post by just quoting that part but...
ImmortalZero said:
You can't just dump a man then bother him again then go tehe it was just a joke I actually like you or something like that.

plus add what Aversa said.
Apr 26, 2021 8:05 AM
Aug 2018
Sucks as always, I would give it 0/5 instead of 1/5 if there was an option.
Apr 26, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2020
I’m surprised Asami took Yoshida for his word after he lied so easily. She’s the third person to accept Yoshida and Sayu’s unnatural relationship. The scene with Gotou confirms to me this is at least a love triangle if not a harem. The camera shots of the girls in weird angles still bothers me...

signature by
nightshadekait
Apr 26, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2020
Gotou is a joker, I said I had a boyfriend since I used my intuiation. What a joker and then saying she's a virgin, it slowly gets worse.
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 26, 2021 8:27 AM

Jun 2019
Sayu has taken a part-time job for herself and she made her first friend there. Asami seems like a nice person. Also, she noticed quite quickly that Yoshida was lying about Sayu. Also, Gotou-san finally confessed her love to Yoshida. That was quite a surprise.

Poor Sayu having the trauma of her past and thinking that she'll get kicked out again was so sad to see. I feel really bad for her. Maybe, soon we'll find out about her past.
Apr 26, 2021 8:27 AM
Sep 2020
Loved the episode! Seems like Sayu’s trauma is definitely not going away anytime soon which is sad, I don’t know what more Yoshida can do to help.

Big shock that Gotou is a virgin, but I did kind of feel she is the type to only like someone when they are wanted more by others. I wonder how Gotou is going to react to Sayu, is she going to be understanding like the rest or is going to end a twist(she becomes the first to find it super creepy).
Apr 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
Gotou likes Yoshida eh, not surprised. I knew this would happen but woa she's seriously a virgin? Now that's surprising. Also I'm glad my man Yoshida ain't a simp who'd just say yes to her without a second thought. I love the fact that he said he's gonna sway her this time.

I like this development. I always saw Sayu as Yoshida's LiTtLe SiStEr so I'm fine with Gotou x Yoshida or Yuzuha x Yoshida ship.
Apr 26, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
AH, the part-time job chapter, that's a fun one.

Welcome aboard the same-aged tanned gal Asami Yuuki, Sayu's co-worker-cum-Senpai-cum-friend at the convenience store, one of, if not, the BEST support character in HigeHiro. She loves to pry over the small details, and in this case, it's going over to Yoshida's place to see how he looks like by playing along with Sayu-chaso's fake "sibling, not sibling" premise. And she knows it all, by hook or by crook.

Unfortunately over in Yoshida's workplace, the cat's out of the bag. And to make things worse, getting invited by Gotou to yet another casual dinner and prying into Yoshida's relations with other women (e.g. Mishima)...she's one not to be trusted when playing the innocent girl act on Yoshida, from getting rejected by to getting accepted on a whim. All those lies of deceit via her own intuition, and Yoshida challenging that perception...a virgin lols, who would've expect.

All is "fun and games" until both Yoshida and Gotou are truthful towards one another, and Yoshida drew first blood with calling out on Gotou's bluffs.

The traumas are back on Sayu...and things are about to get worse. Face reality and face the truth.
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Sayu’s subuta looks yummy. It’s midnight in Japan. I feel hungry when I saw Sayu’s subuta..

Sayu’s new friend who working for convenience store is a good girl. She noticed many things about Yoshida and Sayu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2019
A 10/10 30+ year old established career professional is a virgin? X(doubt) . I’m glad she finally admitted that she liked Yoshida, though. It was obvious from the first time they hung out, but good to have it established.

Asami is a fun character too. Sayu could really use a proper friend around her age who can relate to her, that’ll be good for her healing and development.

Next week should be fun with Sayu and Gotou-san meeting. Can’t wait.
Apr 26, 2021 8:31 AM
Nov 2019
So Gotou has prioritised her career over her personal life so is now in the position of worrying about if she can satisfy an experienced man - maybe she needs sex-ed lessons from Sayu.

Still not a fan of the objectifying camera angles on the girls. but the adaptations OK so far....

We're working through volume 2 at a rate of knots. Episode 5 is going to be so good and bad in so many ways....
penrhosApr 26, 2021 8:34 AM
Apr 2021
Gotou-san Shoujo?!
Haha, it's a joke right... right...
Wait, what...?!!

Apr 2014
Asami, surely, will be Sayu's good and reliable friend. She really cares about Sayu.
Sayu's cooking looks delicious and warming. I really feel bad for her when she must eat it by herself again.
Sayu, no one will kick you out of that room especially Yoshida.

That girl!
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2019
its better than last episode i think, and a little shock about Gotou and Yoshida scene, but the shocking for me was that scene where Sayu past memories show up and i dunno but i have feeling that next episode will be a lot of drama because of that next episode title at the end,
(*sigh...) and i must prepare myself for anything that maybe happend next
Apr 26, 2021 8:38 AM
Jun 2020
BlablaMan65 said:
Sucks as always, I would give it 0/5 instead of 1/5 if there was an option.

Why are you still watching then? Get off it asap
Apr 26, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2021
I like Asami a lot, and it's a relief that Sayu has her as a friend

Gotou please.... Virgin? You? ( ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ)

Gotu and Sayu's talk will be very interesting 0.0
Apr 26, 2021 8:44 AM
May 2020
Another amazing episode❤
Apr 26, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2021
𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻
𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻
𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻
𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻
𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻
𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝘁𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮-

I just can't decide. But, damn 𝒀𝒐𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒂 san.....respeccc 💯💯 I wish mal give me one more extra spot in the favourites so I can put Yoshida san there...Also like the fact that all the characters here are so wholesome...and not like the bafoons we have in most romance animes...I actually thought gotou san gonna pull an NTR there but thankfully..that didn't happen...still have trust issues with gotou...kinda remind me of that blonde girl in rent -a-kanojo (hope gotou san's better than her at least)
RT_exeApr 26, 2021 8:52 AM
Apr 26, 2021 8:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really liked Asami. Blends the best of the one-san and gyaru worlds in my opinion. And Yoshida has to be one of the most disconcerting MC's ever in manga. He acts like a normal, warm, generous human being but at the same time he has convictions and a spine. He feels human, which is not something I can say about a lot of anime characters. He's the complete opposite of the Rent a Girlfriend dude
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2021
I rlly like Asami's persobality. She is funny and she notice someone's trait fast. Gotou's confession is nothing surprising, but interesting ig.

And i thought this anime s going to be a kind of successor of Horimiya, but im starting to realise that higehiro is going to be a sorrow story from this point (bc of that Sayu's flash back scene).
Apr 26, 2021 8:52 AM

May 2019
OK, she got blonde hair but it doesn't mean that it's necessary to make her Gyaru character. Why does directors do that.. these characters pisses me off in anime.
I don't like how most of the scenario are soo conveniently played out.
And why the hell his colleagues has to peep into his phone.. such bad manner.
Apr 26, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2020
This episode we were able to catch a glimpse of Sayu’s past. From what it looked like the girl in the flashback seemed to committing suicide.
Apr 26, 2021 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
oh no the convenience store spells some bad trouble once a certain character gets introduced :P

but alas, the yoshida harem goes full steam ahead, I did think before the confession scene felt weirdly handled (especially the whole waiting thing) but watching it now I am reasuured that was the case. ngl though, Gotou is already sus as it is so idk how serious her words are, she really comes across as the Mami type character who doesn't want the MC herself, just doesn't want him to be with others

next time is the battle of the tiddies
Apr 26, 2021 8:56 AM
Nov 2020
Good episode once again. Tbh, I'm not really a fan of any of the other women in the show except for sayu, but asami seems like she'll be a great character, and be really important later on.

Also, I really hope that the siblings relationship between yoshida and sayu stays the same and they are able to connect more. I'm really liking that dynamic and I think itd be nice to finally have a show like that
Apr 26, 2021 8:57 AM

Oct 2020
Sayu got a job at a convenience store! Asami seems like a really chill and fun person to be around. I love her personality. My distaste for Gotou continues to rise. Honestly, she seems to have ulterior motives when she confessed her love for Yoshida. I definitely don't trust her. Sayu was so cute at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2021 9:02 AM
Apr 2020
ImmortalZero said:
Definitely don't trust that Gotou lady. You can't just dump a man then bother him again then go tehe it was just a joke I actually like you or something like that. She's plotting something I can feel it.
I agree she acting mad sus
Apr 26, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2016
Gotou a virgin that never had a chance? If you want to pander, then make it please less blatant lol Yoshida also get's praised as good guy at every given opportunity.

The meeting between her and Sayu was bound to happen. Time to compare these cupsizes live.

Was an enjoyable episode again, Asami's introduction was the best part. Mishima took the biggest L.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2021 9:07 AM
Dec 2018
Some people are talking as if they have never seen anime or manga before. It was obvious from the 2nd episode that the story surrounding Gotou was not as it appeared. But people keep coming up with weird paranoid delusions about the character. This anime is about a quite uncomfortable subject, and yet people think that one of the main characters is going to be set up to be a scheming predator. Why would she bother with some elaborate plot to get Yoshida? She could get loads of guys, and he's nothing special, why should she be bothered about plotting around him? She's admitted that she likes him and she lied before, and yet people think she's still up to something instead of wondering how she might have got to this point.

Now she wants to meet Sayu, wonder why? Sayu has what she needed, a good friend that is her age. She needs to stop leaning on Yoshida. When her work colleague came over, Yoshida's situation, how vulnerable he is, became very clear.

This series is moving forward at a rate of knots, looks like they are hoping to tie everything up in one go.
Apr 26, 2021 9:13 AM
Jul 2020
this episode is okay. asami is such a good friend tbh. i really love sayu but i dislike when she feel sad ;-; it made me sad too ;; yoshida san is chad as usual. gotou san is suspicious. why she lied to him omg. if you like him, tell him when he confesed lah why she lied to him. i cant english anymore
Apr 26, 2021 9:13 AM
Sep 2020
Sayu's PTSD panic attack toward the end is a bit hard to watch.
Apr 26, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
This is probably one of my favourite episode so far, I really like the scene with Asami, also the scene with Gotou and Yoshida was really nice too. Overall, I can say this adaptation is better than the manga (haven’t seen the light novel), so far I still give it a 5/10, for a different reason. There’s some that I really like about HigeHiro, but also some that I don’t like about it, both are 50% (which is why I’m rating it a 5/10.) The opening and ending theme (and the background music) are really well made, like its actually really enjoyable to listen. Overall, decent episode, and I’m gonna stay tuned for the next one.
IssyBoyApr 24, 2023 11:58 AM
Nina supporter for life💕
Apr 26, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2020
Not a bad episode but not that good either it was alright.

That Gotou and Yoshida conversation was even harder to watch then it was to read in the light novel , it's like the most cliche anime thing you could do "oh we love each other and basically confessed but we can't be together because reasons...." we all know the main reason being the author has Sayu as the love interest so Gotou is getting shafted
Apr 26, 2021 9:28 AM
Mar 2021
ImmortalZero said:

i totally agree.. it seems suspicious..
damn.. waiting for episodes killing me.
Apr 26, 2021 9:29 AM
Sep 2020
An1muMan said:
... it's like the most cliche anime thing you could do "oh we love each other and basically confessed but we can't be together because reasons...."

Might be cliche but it does happen more often in RL than you'd think, personally experienced that kind of BS, tend to happen more when career is involved.

Part of me thinks this series is somewhat of a social commentary than mere literature/anime.
Apr 26, 2021 9:29 AM

Sep 2020
I'm amazed by how good this show is, I thought it would be ok but it is actually fantastic. I can't wait to see what happens next episode, I worry Gotou might have some ulterior motives and I wonder what's gonna happen with Mishima. It is certainly set up in a way that makes Mishima out to be the mc's choice.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 26, 2021 9:30 AM

May 2020
An1muMan said:
Not a bad episode but not that good either it was alright.

That Gotou and Yoshida conversation was even harder to watch then it was to read in the light novel , it's like the most cliche anime thing you could do "oh we love each other and basically confessed but we can't be together because reasons...." we all know the main reason being the author has Sayu as the love interest so Gotou is getting shafted

i mean he did say that he want gotou to feel the same as he was when gotou rejects him
Apr 26, 2021 9:38 AM
Feb 2015
I kinda knew about Gotou's reaction but still surprising that she confessed to Yoshida. After seeing many things (changes) that happens on Yoshida, her emotions bursted and that led her to confessed and get that feeling off her chest.

Definitely looking forward to next episode, Sayu meets Gotou!!!
Apr 26, 2021 9:39 AM
Nov 2012
Eh, there are defenders and detractors of Gotou, but it's suspicious she suddenly wants him now that she can clearly see a younger co-worker has made her move. Even if she's being sincere, who needs her drama? Especially when Yuzuha is much more straight-forward and honest. I'm left wondering what, exactly, he fell in love with; maybe it really is just her figure, which would explain why the camera lingers there so much—which would mean far from just the fan service people here are complaining about, it's meant as a clue to what's really motivating things.

And, while I'm not necessarily suspicious of Gotou meeting Sayu, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the first of all these otherwise amazingly perspicacious people to have a problem with it and make noise.

Who knows? (Aside from the manga readers, of course.)

FMmatron said:
Yoshida also get's praised as good guy at every given opportunity.
I'm starting to think the MC was written by Japan's answer to Tommy Wiseau. I wonder if he'll become that convenience store's favorite customer?
Apr 26, 2021 9:40 AM

Sep 2019
Ok Gotou was kinda cute in this episode but please fuck off, he already has Sayu. Yoshida wants her to confess like the chad he is, what a legend.
Apr 26, 2021 9:43 AM
May 2016
Oh boy this becomes more of a harem fantasy every week. The street wise sharp teen sniffs out his lies but still thinks he's a great guy, and I-cup really does like him and is a virgin to boot. 9_9 I'm sure she'll think Sayu is great too and think he's wonderful for taking her in.
Apr 26, 2021 9:44 AM
Apr 2020
ImmortalZero said:

Exactly what i was thinking the whole time, i have a bad feeling
Apr 26, 2021 9:45 AM

May 2020
I like Asami she seems pretty energetic and smart but Gotou hell no she sus af idk somthing about her gives me bad vibes
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Apr 26, 2021 9:50 AM

Oct 2020
Good episode. I'm so glad Yoshida stood up for himself against Gotou and called her out on her bs. That being said, I kinda disagree where people feel that Gotou may have ulterior motives. The reason being the way she acts and looks at Yoshida. Though, this could be an amazing façade to fool us all. Man, I'm shaking waiting for the next ep.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 26, 2021 10:01 AM
Jan 2021
Am I the only one who gets Mami vibes from Gotou?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

304 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 2, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

156 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 2, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

176 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 2, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

244 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 2, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.