Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 27, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 2017
i absolutely loved re:zero season 1, so when the 2nd season was beginning to air back last summer i was pretty hyped, but besides episode 4 of season 2 (which imo is the best ep of the series so far), nothing all that interesting has really happened in this season for me. and don't get me wrong, I'm not a crazed emilia hater who hates this season because subaru x emilia is getting legit, it's just been pretty boring to me and i don't care all that much for the new characters and plotlines being set up. the series is still overall good, but idk... I'm hoping this changes soon
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2021 5:06 PM
Aug 2020
definitely just you
Jan 27, 2021 5:06 PM

Oct 2015
Well this is the Attack on Titan situation all over again. People wait 4 years for season 2 and complain that it's too slow / boring / whatever.

This season is giving a lot of perspective to previous characters' backgrounds, motivations and events. From Garfiel, to Roswal, the Witches, Emilia of course, hell even Beetle Juice is getting a highlight. Re:Zero is finally starting to piece together its story.
Jan 27, 2021 5:09 PM

Nov 2017
Nostalgik said:
Well this is the Attack on Titan situation all over again. People wait 4 years for season 2 and complain that it's too slow / boring / whatever.

This season is giving a lot of perspective to previous characters' backgrounds, motivations and events. From Garfiel, to Roswal, the Witches, Emilia of course, hell even Beetle Juice is getting a highlight. Re:Zero is finally starting to piece together its story.
while i definitely get that it's providing a lot of insight towards characters and other stuff, the problem for me is that the only character i really cared about enough to want insight was subaru, which we got in s2, ep 4
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 5:10 PM

Jan 2019
Yes, it is just you.

Re:Zero Season 2 where you starting see real Re:Zero. Characters, Plot everything have more depth.

Season 1 is still amazing prologue but thats it just a prologue.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jan 27, 2021 5:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Well obviously the fans are going to come at you saying yes you are and that it is a masterpiece of an anime in terms of storytelling and character depth. And they're not wrong, this is a superbly constructed anime with a well-realized world and complex and smart premise. I have to say that this is not just an OK anime, it is much more than that and its effort to create a compelling plot filled with mystery and revelations should be recognized.

However, if you're like me who's been bored out of their mind since the start of season 2, well then I fully understand you. I can see why everyone is so invested in this, but I personally really think it's a snooze fest. To me it's just blah blah blah whatever I wanted to watch some good anime not a talk show. It has crossed the point where it has become a true psychological drama and that's all good, but man I need some fun injected into this that I missed from season 1. But that's just me; I don't want to rain on the parade of the countless fans that are really enjoying this.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 2021 5:27 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe you were overhyped? It feels to me more or less like part 1, being part 1 slightly better - even though I give it a low score because I hate Subaru's character.
Jan 27, 2021 5:28 PM
Feb 2020
Nope, I have the exact same opinion as you. I’m losing interest in both the story and have nearly no interest in any of the new characters. I thought the first season was infinitely more interesting. I just feel like the mystery and suspense that made me fall in love with the show is now gone, and people are saying this is one of the best arcs too.
Jan 27, 2021 5:31 PM
Feb 2020
Dimmadeezy said:
Nope, I have the exact same opinion as you. I’m losing interest in both the story and have nearly no interest in any of the new characters. I thought the first season was infinitely more interesting. I just feel like the mystery and suspense that made me fall in love with the show is now gone, and people are saying this is one of the best arcs too.

have you been watching cour 2 or is this more about cour 1?
Jan 27, 2021 5:34 PM
Nov 2020
It's just you season 2 is definitely better.
Jan 27, 2021 5:34 PM
Feb 2020
North25 said:
Dimmadeezy said:

have you been watching cour 2 or is this just talking about cour 1?

I’m referring to both cours of S2. I’m not hating on the show, but I’ve personally lost interest and have no emotional attachment to nearly any of the characters.
Jan 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Nov 2017
Dimmadeezy said:
EXACTLYYYY season one was really gripping and satisfying while season two has just been boring
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 5:37 PM

May 2020
shmoomp said:
Dimmadeezy said:
EXACTLYYYY season one was really gripping and satisfying while season two has just been boring

Tell me then, what made Season 1 satisfying and gripping for you?
Jan 27, 2021 5:41 PM

Nov 2017
Gilgameshuu said:
shmoomp said:

the mystery, the intensity, the villain, the plotlines, subaru's character arc, the fights, and more were just more appealing to me than what's going on in s2
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
Definitely much more watchable than the first season which I found really boring after rewatching the director's cut. But I do prefer the previous part for the second season over the current one so far. It's overall about average I'd say, not as dry and sluggish compared to the first season but is about 50-50 when it comes to the quality and enjoyment of episodes for me from the 2nd season onwards.
Jan 27, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2020
I think the first few episodes were slow but I came to appreciate them except the trials are probably the most boring even though I did want to know about subarus past.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more DekugošŸ˜­
Jan 27, 2021 6:01 PM

May 2020
shmoomp said:
Gilgameshuu said:

the mystery, the intensity, the villain, the plotlines, subaru's character arc, the fights, and more were just more appealing to me than what's going on in s2

I guess it all comes down to personal preference, but those aspects are also in the 2nd season and in my opinion are executed far better than Season 1.

-Not only are we getting more answers for questions we were previously asking back in season 1, a lot of mysteries are also being set-up for the future.

-Roswaal is an amazing and well-written villain, how he basically orchestrated everything that has happened to Subaru from the beginning was a shocking twist. Echidna is an interesting "villain"(Some people consider her one, some don't). Setup for the future villains with Regulus and Ley, return of Elsa and Meili(The antagonists of Arc 1 and Arc 2 respectively).

-The plot of this arc is meticulously crafted and well-structured, every loop is very consistent, and the twists and reveals are satisfying, Part 1 served as a setup, and Part 2 is the emotional climax, and so far plenty of characters are getting much needed development.

-Season 1 did indeed have a better character arc for Subaru, but that's because Season 1 was about Subaru, Season 2 focuses more on the side characters and their development, and of course Subaru still gets more development as well in Part 1. We got to see his backstory which explains a lot of his flaws and actions back in Season 1, we got to see him be pushed to the brink of hopelessness, wanting to save everyone he cares about, then when learns from Echidna that his RbD is unlimited, he wanted to abuse it to gather more information only to be hit by the 2nd Trial and show the unthinkable present, and then learns to value his own life and love himself. We get see how the show dives deeper into his psychology this season, and I think it was phenomenal.

-The fights are a little unfair, first of all Season 2 is not about the fights, and 2nd, Season 2's production value decreased a bit since some of the staff that worked on Season 1 did not come back for Season 2, and 3rd, the arc is not done yet, expect some great fights in the coming episodes.
Jan 27, 2021 6:03 PM

Aug 2019
I wasn't a huge fan of S2P1, and dropped it about 6-7 episodes in last year.

However, I decided to go back to it last week and binged everything up until this weeks episode, and thankfully it is picking back up again.

The Subaru Emilia dynamic and their blossoming relationship is the least interesting part of the story for me. I'm not a Rem fanboy by any stretch of the imagination either. In fact, I don't care much for waifu wars in any anime, I'm just in it for the story.

The most interesting aspect of this season is the Satella/Witch of Envy/Emilia connection which I'm hoping they explore more of before it ends.
Jan 27, 2021 6:07 PM

Mar 2016
I think it’s a fine series and one of the few quality isekai fantasy series we get nowadays. I’m just not nearly as personally attached to it as most people.
Jan 27, 2021 6:09 PM
Apr 2019
IMO ReZero has been on the same level since the beginning

Something about recency bias

Also people who continue watching later seasons are most likely the people who enjoyed it more, so the general vision of how good a sequel is, is artificially boosted
Jan 27, 2021 6:13 PM
Oct 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
Well obviously the fans are going to come at you saying yes you are and that it is a masterpiece of an anime in terms of storytelling and character depth. And they're not wrong, this is a superbly constructed anime with a well-realized world and complex and smart premise. I have to say that this is not just an OK anime, it is much more than that and its effort to create a compelling plot filled with mystery and revelations should be recognized.

However, if you're like me who's been bored out of their mind since the start of season 2, well then I fully understand you. I can see why everyone is so invested in this, but I personally really think it's a snooze fest. To me it's just blah blah blah whatever I wanted to watch some good anime not a talk show. It has crossed the point where it has become a true psychological drama and that's all good, but man I need some fun injected into this that I missed from season 1. But that's just me; I don't want to rain on the parade of the countless fans that are really enjoying this.

Re has been a psychological drama from the start. Honestly if you want dumb fun, shounen exist... Jujutsu Kaisen is a really good shounen. It doesn't do anything new but it does what it needs to do well. The Dialogue is the focal point of Re:Zero. The characters relationships with each other their past and present is what Re is about. It has some action but the main focus is character interactions, relationships and the many many mysteries this show still has to uncover. I haven't seen your list but to me it doesn't seem like you'd like slice of life shows very much because of the emphasis on dialogue, relationships, emotions etc.

shows that are dialogue heavy often have a lot of substance and can be dense but once you digest whats going on, you see why it matters. If its really boring, drop it. I dropped Noblesse and Gibate because I got bored of them. Shows like Kaguya sama has comedy that only works because of the dialogue. Rent a Girlfriend, Oregairu, Adachi/S, Horimiya and even Jakuchara Tomozaki all have no fight scenes to be found but are able to keep my attention even more then some shounen because of the substance. I mean, I really liked Yu Yu before the dark tournament arc. People say this is one of the best tournament arcs but to me the pacing took a nose dive and I could only get 30 eps in before i called it quits. I can barely get through 2 episodes at a time of that now because its fight after fight I couldn't care less about.
Jan 27, 2021 6:33 PM

Apr 2020
I would say that there is more Build-up this time around.

First Season, we kinda stumbled from one Adventure to the next, leaving some characters just behind, as soon as Subaru moved on. Now everything gets kinda tied together and explained. It's much slower. So I can see your point there.

I still think you'll still like the Season more and more...as closer we get to the climax and the more action packed parts of it. Maybe thats just it? You're missing some fight-scenes. Some confrontation?^^
Jan 27, 2021 6:40 PM
Jan 2018
I think you all suffer from Impatience.

Re zero take 11 arcs to finish, why is it wrong to dedicate 1 arc to worldbuilding and reveal some mystery in the past? If you want a full blown action, re zero definitely not for you in this arc.

Wait for thr next arc. (S3)
Jan 27, 2021 6:44 PM
Jan 2021
shmoomp said:
i absolutely loved re:zero season 1, so when the 2nd season was beginning to air back last summer i was pretty hyped, but besides episode 4 of season 2 (which imo is the best ep of the series so far), nothing all that interesting has really happened in this season for me. and don't get me wrong, I'm not a crazed emilia hater who hates this season because subaru x emilia is getting legit, it's just been pretty boring to me and i don't care all that much for the new characters and plotlines being set up. the series is still overall good, but idk... I'm hoping this changes soon
You shouldn’t feel too weird, i see a lot “No just you” but i can understand if you’re not that into it, if you’re expecting a lot of the same chaos and from S1 i get it but if it was that way this series can’t be sustainable. It just can’t be a lot of shit things happening to Subaru for the sake of it, there would be no substance and would eventually get repetitive. Personally I’m the most invested I’ve ever been into the series, i find the dialogue to be very subtle but very important and helps me theorise after every ep bc almost everything in this story happens for a reason.I think it becomes easier to care for other characters once you see the effect of each character on Subaru whether it’s through their actions, words or deaths. This series handles physiological themes the best I’ve ever seen and in the most realistic manner so it constantly intrigues me
Jan 27, 2021 6:51 PM

Nov 2017
Winter_Fox said:

Re zero take 11 arcs to finish, why is it wrong to dedicate 1 arc to worldbuilding and reveal some mystery in the past? If you want a full blown action, re zero definitely not for you in this arc.

it is absolutely not wrong to dedicate a whole arc, hell, even a whole series for worldbuilding and mystery-building, but the problem for me lies when that worldbuilding is no longer interesting
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 6:55 PM

May 2019
Let's be objective:

1st Cour:

Subaru's DEATH SUFFER DEATH DEATH SUFFER SUFFER DEATH SUFFER DEATH DEATH and realization.

2nd Cour so far:

Otto's character development.
Garfiel's character development.
Emilia's character development.
(Beatrice loading.... ....)
Who is Subaru?
Jan 27, 2021 6:56 PM
Nov 2020
No, no you are not lol
Jan 27, 2021 7:03 PM
Nov 2020
You're not the only one. It bored me so much mainly becuz I don't really care for the chrs and now they're giving about 30 min long non stop talking background story eps which makes me lose interest even more.
Jan 27, 2021 7:07 PM
Jan 2018
shmoomp said:
Winter_Fox said:

it is absolutely not wrong to dedicate a whole arc, hell, even a whole series for worldbuilding and mystery-building, but the problem for me lies when that worldbuilding is no longer interesting

Why, is it because the characters? or the mystery itself? Or lack of actions? Tell me what the weakest point of that three just curious
Jan 27, 2021 7:11 PM

Nov 2017
Winter_Fox said:
shmoomp said:

Why, is it because the characters? or the mystery itself? Or lack of actions? Tell me what the weakest point of that three just curious
definitely the characters
subaru was and still is my favorite character by a long shot in re:zero, so having basically an entire 2 cours being about everything else but him (obviously excluding episode 4) just isn't all that intriguing to me
like the newest ep for example, it's cool to see some of emilia's backstory, but i just can't bring myself to care all that much
- Klaus von Reinherz
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Yeah, the second season sucks ass for me too especially since I have never liked the dialogue writing of the show and the second season is heavily dialogue focussed. Also, the drama is a complete miss since it feels like a cheap jebait to evoke emotions.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Jan 2019
Rob7 said:
Let's be objective:

1st Cour:

Subaru's DEATH SUFFER DEATH DEATH SUFFER SUFFER DEATH SUFFER DEATH DEATH and realization.

2nd Cour so far:

Otto's character development.
Garfiel's character development.
Emilia's character development.
(Beatrice loading.... ....)
Who is Subaru?

Well without events in Part 1, Part 2 wouldn't make sense so they complete each other perfectly and this is another reason why Re:Zero is so damn good.

Also Part 1 Subaru's character development, Witches Introduction etc. there is too many things to cut it simply.

Jan 27, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2019
cchigu said:
Yeah, the second season sucks ass for me too especially since I have never liked the dialogue writing of the show and the second season is heavily dialogue focussed. Also, the drama is a complete miss since it feels like a cheap jebait to evoke emotions.

Unfortunately Re:Zero is a Novel Adaptation so it is always and will be heavy-dialogue.

You will still enjoy remaining episodes (upcoming action) also Season 3 a lot.

Jan 27, 2021 7:18 PM

Jan 2019
shmoomp said:
Winter_Fox said:

subaru was and still is my favorite character by a long shot in re:zero, so having basically an entire 2 cours being about everything else but him (obviously excluding episode 4) just isn't all that intriguing to me
like the newest ep for example, it's cool to see some of emilia's backstory, but i just can't bring myself to care all that much

Unfortunately you are the minority. Re:Zero side characters all of them amazing and well-written. I enjoy every one of them and most people also feels that way.

Also latest episode is not just about emilia, there is a lot of other plot points you should focus.

Jan 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Jul 2020
No its not just you. Although, season 2 part 2 is extremely good and better than part 1 imo. But Re:Zero season 1 and Re:Zero season 2 are pretty different. Watching Re:Zero season 1 was mostly for the horror, uneasy, alone aspect it gave. In season 2, the alone aspect disappeared for me, so did a lot of the horror, and uneasyness. All those aspects were the reason I enjoyed the anime, so when season came out I expected it to be the same. The anime started building up on characters and plot(which I wasn't ready for) instead of edgy shock value shit.

The thing is, if you never cared to see Re:zero's plot and characters develop, and were only there for the aspects I mentioned, it would make sense if you think season 2 is kinda okay at best. Meanwhile, if you wanted to see the characters develop, and see how the story moves on, then you should enjoy it.

Basically, Re:zero season 1 was an edgy anime that would appeal to people who like edgy animes. Season 2 slowed the pace down a bit and focused on key moments and major plot/character developments to advance the story. Hopefully that explains things.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 27, 2021 7:31 PM
Jan 2018
shmoomp said:
Winter_Fox said:

Well.. If you want to make a proper story, you have to make the setup first. Altough its not as interesting as s1, definitely gonna help in future arcs, everything in re zero will pay off later we just have to be patient.

I like how author dont care about which its gonna be interesting or not, the plot just flows naturally. He dont hesitate to give a 1 damn arc full of mystery, 1 arc full of action, 1 arc full of suffering, we just wait which turn is it next.

Now we are in the mystery arc.
Jan 27, 2021 7:33 PM
Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
shmoomp said:

Unfortunately you are the minority. Re:Zero side characters all of them amazing and well-written. I enjoy every one of them and most people also feels that way.

Also latest episode is not just about emilia, there is a lot of other plot points you should focus.
For real, there was so many questions from this one episode; Why is Guese there? What connection does he have to Emilia’s parents? What could’ve possibly happened to Guese between the flashback to events in S1 where he goes from calling Emilia “Cute” to “Half-Devil”? What’s his connection to Beatrice? What’s the difference between a bishop and sin-archbishop? Why is Puck apologising to Emila before he even met her? I struggle to imagine how these things aren’t interesting unless you’re not paying attention.
Jan 27, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2020
Okeanix said:
shmoomp said:

I agree. This episode actually convinced me not to drop Re:Zero and that it has potential to be a future masterpiece. Im pretty sure that green haired guy was the "MY BRAIN TREMBLES" guy from season 1. Im really interested to see what happens to him.

Otto is actually one of if not my favorite character in the entire anime. He was just a good character up until his backstory. After that I was convinced he was a really good character that deserves praise.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 27, 2021 7:38 PM

Jan 2019
AnimeLeviathan said:
No its not just you. Although, season 2 part 2 is extremely good and better than part 1 imo. But Re:Zero season 1 and Re:Zero season 2 are pretty different. Watching Re:Zero season 1 was mostly for the horror, uneasy, alone aspect it gave. In season 2, the alone aspect disappeared for me, so did a lot of the horror, and uneasyness. All those aspects were the reason I enjoyed the anime, so when season came out I expected it to be the same. The anime started building up on characters and plot(which I wasn't ready for) instead of edgy shock value shit.

The thing is, if you never cared to see Re:zero's plot and characters develop, and were only there for the aspects I mentioned, it would make sense if you think season 2 is kinda okay at best. Meanwhile, if you wanted to see the characters develop, and see how the story moves on, then you should enjoy it.

Basically, Re:zero season 1 was an edgy anime that would appeal to people who like edgy animes. Season 2 slowed the pace down a bit and focused on key moments and major plot/character developments to advance the story. Hopefully that explains things.

Re:Zero Season 1 is similar too Attack on Titan Season 1.

Without understanding foreshadowing, subtext, depth behind it. It can feel empty, thats why both series criticized a lot and now getting praised after 4 years.

Season 1 is still amazing prologue. After Season 2 Part 2 before Season 3 i recommend everyone to re-watch it.

Jan 27, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2020
Okeanix said:
AnimeLeviathan said:

Re:Zero Season 1 is similar too Attack on Titan Season 1.

Without understanding foreshadowing, subtext, depth behind it. It can feel empty, thats why both series criticized a lot and now getting praised after 4 years.

Season 1 is still amazing prologue. After Season 2 Part 2 before Season 3 i recommend everyone to re-watch it.

I plan on rewatching Re:Zero season 1. I watched it back when I was a newer anime fan and didn't pay attention to any of the depth meaning behind it, so season 2 just felt like a drag and didn't impresss me. I was to busy being annoyed that they didn't play an opening every episode lmao.

As a huge Attack on titan fan, I think Re:zero can overtake it for me because its only in season 2 and its this fucking good.

And this is the problem with MAL splitting animes. No one is gonna rate Re:zero or Attack on titan season 1 a 10 because of the "flaws" it has. Even though if they combined all the seasons it would have the most honest rating.
Jan 27, 2021 7:45 PM

Nov 2019
shmoomp said:
Winter_Fox said:

maybe it's better for you to binge this every time a season ends instead of watching it weekly
Jan 27, 2021 7:48 PM

Nov 2017
ExcaliburAO said:
shmoomp said:
maybe it's better for you to binge this every time a season ends instead of watching it weekly
that might be a good idea. i don't think re:zero, a dialogue-heavy mystery anime, benefits at all from being split up by a week each time
i might do it if the ending of s2 part 2 excites me
P.S. i love ur forum pic!! toaru is great
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
seriously i think from ep 8 to ep 13 all were bangers and part 2 is just too good
Jan 27, 2021 7:53 PM

Nov 2019
shmoomp said:
ExcaliburAO said:
that might be a good idea. i don't think re:zero, a dialogue-heavy mystery anime, benefits at all from being split up by a week each time
I don't know how much you have read or watched of it but yeah toaru is great. Looks like you are planning on reading the novels. Good Luck
Jan 27, 2021 7:56 PM

Nov 2017
ExcaliburAO said:
shmoomp said:
I don't know how much you have read or watched of it but yeah toaru is great. Looks like you are planning on reading the novels. Good Luck
yeah i really wanna read the light novels especially after index 3 was rushed
I've seen all of the toaru anime, besides a few one-off ovas/specials
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 7:57 PM

May 2020
I've seen a couple people saying this "Re:Zero season 2 is meh, but season 1 was great." So I dont know what it is that you or any of these others saw in season 1, but that was the epitome of meh. Tell me what the point of season 1 was and maybe I'll say it was great. Season 1 was great insofar as it introduced a world and a few characters, but there was no plot progression. At the very beginning we were told there's an evil witch that in some way is affecting Subaru, but we never went further.

Now, in season 2, we finally have a plot forming and developing. The people who seem to dislike season 2 I guess are upset that we're still on the Sanctuary arc, but so much has happened in this arc is that really such a bad thing? The plot of the witches has been fascinating both for enjoyment and for world building. Subaru finally is a character that I can root for. And Emilia finally has been developed in actual episodes instead of the OVA movie alone.

Frankly, I do not understand how one can like season 1 and not 2. Season 1 was pretty good, but nothing special. Season 2 has taken that goodness, and made the overall show into a masterpiece. If, as the one reviewer said he was, you were for some reason caught up in the plot of the royal election in season 1, then a.) why? lol nothing really even happened with that in season 1 and the candidates weren't that interesting besides being minor foils for Subaru and b.) this sanctuary arc is still tied to that...Subaru needs to win in the Sanctuary to secure Roswaal's backing of Emilia, and she needs to come to grips with her own past to know why she's trying to win the election.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jan 27, 2021 7:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
V_2021 said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Re has been a psychological drama from the start. Honestly if you want dumb fun, shounen exist... Jujutsu Kaisen is a really good shounen. It doesn't do anything new but it does what it needs to do well. The Dialogue is the focal point of Re:Zero. The characters relationships with each other their past and present is what Re is about. It has some action but the main focus is character interactions, relationships and the many many mysteries this show still has to uncover. I haven't seen your list but to me it doesn't seem like you'd like slice of life shows very much because of the emphasis on dialogue, relationships, emotions etc.

shows that are dialogue heavy often have a lot of substance and can be dense but once you digest whats going on, you see why it matters. If its really boring, drop it. I dropped Noblesse and Gibate because I got bored of them. Shows like Kaguya sama has comedy that only works because of the dialogue. Rent a Girlfriend, Oregairu, Adachi/S, Horimiya and even Jakuchara Tomozaki all have no fight scenes to be found but are able to keep my attention even more then some shounen because of the substance. I mean, I really liked Yu Yu before the dark tournament arc. People say this is one of the best tournament arcs but to me the pacing took a nose dive and I could only get 30 eps in before i called it quits. I can barely get through 2 episodes at a time of that now because its fight after fight I couldn't care less about.

I don't mind that it's all chit chat, I just personally don't find the subject matter that interesting, in my HUMBLE opinion

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 2021 8:01 PM

Nov 2017
BetaMaleUltra said:
V_2021 said:

I don't mind that it's all chit chat, I just personally don't find the subject matter that interesting, in my HUMBLE opinion
right with you on that, i adore so many shows that are mainly dialogue, just the dialogue needs to be interesting LOL
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 27, 2021 8:03 PM

Nov 2019
shmoomp said:
ExcaliburAO said:
I would say the adaptation in general is not that good. They cut like 75% of touma's monoloques making him seem generic. But the content is there so people still like it.
Jan 27, 2021 8:05 PM

Nov 2017
ExcaliburAO said:
shmoomp said:
I would say the adaptation in general is not that good. They cut like 75% of touma's monoloques making him seem generic. But the content is there so people still like it.
yeah that's the general consensus I've heard from light novel readers
thankfully i still love touma tho, but i would love to read his monologues and get more depth into the story and world
- Klaus von Reinherz
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
Yesterday, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.