Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2021 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, another very nice episode. the production quality of this anime is so insane, this animation and soundtrack are just beautiful.

opening is really nice, song really fits this anime imo and love the visuals too. same for the ending, the pictures look so aesthetic and the song has a nice vibe. mc is pretty gay this episode too and that new gymnastics girl was quite interesting, what happened to her though, did she die or was she like never real in the first place? i'm a little confused as to what's going on though with the other girl going in the hospital, did i miss something?

regardless, this episode was great. ai made her first friend, looking forward to next week.
Jan 19, 2021 7:29 AM

Mar 2019
https://wonder-egg-priority.com/streaming/ the database hour is wrong, the episode airs at 24:00 JST on internet streamings.
The opening is surprisingly calm I wasnt expoecting this, same goes for the soundtrack it is very good. Ai broke the egg because she played with the curtains, how neglectful, reminds me of when I tried to bake a cake in office, an egg fell on the ground and I got blamed for this, probably the worst moment in my life I still have a trauma about it so the anime is quite relatable.
This new girl is interesting, this gym teacher is horrible, glad she exploded.
She ends up in the hospital, I relate to this too, I have boring memories about this in my life.
At least they are all friends.
the aesthetics are very interesting, same for the animation. Very confusing though, Im not sure I understood everything quite well...
Jan 19, 2021 7:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That whole dementia part was once again confusing I would say, but well the production/direction was top-notch, even better than at ep 1
Jan 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Jun 2012

Wonder Egg, more like Wonder Acid.
Jan 19, 2021 7:33 AM

Apr 2020
Ai and Neiru were precious to see in a nice atmosphere
it seems that Koito isn't afraid of bullying, but ...? Ai pretended not to see ...? and Neiru also said that she was the cause of her sister's death

above all, it was good to hear OP and ED, and I'm looking forward to next week! !!

Dec 2014
This is great, really liking it.

The story seems interesting, so they need to help the person in the egg overcome their trauma. My guess is that they are helping dead people overcome their trauma, I wonder if that means at some point we'll see them meet Koito inside the egg?

Action scenes are quite nice, the art is great and the animation is good too. The soundtrack really stands out though, has a very classy feel to it.

So Neiru tried to take on multiple at the same time and ended up injured, she definitely bit of more than she could chew there. The final scene with Neiru and Ai becoming friends was great especially when Neiru smiled. :)

I do have one question, what happened to Ai's injuries? In the previous episode the stab affected her in the real world but here she seems to be fine. I wonder if it's because she helped the person in the egg overcome the trauma she doesn't take any damage?

Jul 2017
Let the world-building grow with fervor of mysterious Eggs.

The OP is so pleasant, but the visuals are something else, mixing in live-action images and 2D together. Very unassuming, but yet leaves a lot to ponder about (e.g. the ending crack of the egg). Same for the ED.

The new girl Neiru Aonuma, also another mysterious girl. For now, Ai can only fend by her self and try not to crack the Egg...because it spawns Seeno Evils and Wonder Killers, egg-killing trauma transfiguring aliens hell bent on kill-spreeing unassuming humans. such is the case of a bullied and abused gymnastics girl whose affection is love. Likewise, to save a friend is to lose one thereafter, and it's the same here. Lots of questions about the Egg, but the rescue remains the same: to save Koito, and the many variations of how this world works with the Wonder Egg.

Neiru and Ai became friends, that's great, slowly but surely we'll have more Egg-citing mysteries down the line.
KANLen09Jan 19, 2021 8:03 AM
Jan 19, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2019
Ai isn't peaking through the locker anymore. Great episode.

Jan 19, 2021 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode. I love the OP.
The monster form of the coach is really ugly and horrible especially those boobs.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 19, 2021 7:46 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder if this will turn out Madoka dark in the future. Really liking it so far.
Jan 19, 2021 7:48 AM

Feb 2017
The monsters have some Madoka feeling to them. Overall I really like this show so far.
Jan 19, 2021 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
oh so basically they are healing the trauma of the dead so that they can move on to the afterlife

now i wonder if Ai must let go of her old dead friend so that she can move on to the afterlife later on

since Ai is gonna make new friends now

this one hits hard though how they gonna balance selfishness vs selflessness

degJan 19, 2021 8:08 AM
Jan 19, 2021 7:55 AM
Dec 2017
Once again amazing art. What really stood out to me this time was the sound design, though. Unique and pleasant OST (the OP too), good voices and very believable sound effects (for example the shoes squeaking during the fight scene). Looking forward even more to see where the story goes now.
Jan 19, 2021 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
Very chilling OP, a soul-touching music with a crystal clear well-arranged OP sequences, with some touch of irl photos. It's amazed me quite a bit.
Still liked all the CGI so far, it looks very good and colorful.

Ai got 2 new friends this episode. She met Neiru, but they parted way soon. Then met Minami. Minami got a brainwashed-like moment, glad she snaps out it and chose to support Ai instead. Ai is truly a wonderful person, the determination to save the glasses girl woke that girl's eyes. Anddd this friend also end up vanished in the end.

Later she met again with Neiru, and this friend actually didn't vanish, I'm very glad, I can see an amazing friendship they'll build up from now on.

Jan 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
Jfc that monster looks terrifying, but now we know more about it. So each one will be different and more challenging because of that, depending the trauma. Interesting.
Jan 19, 2021 7:58 AM
Apr 2018
Does anybody else think the OP is good but sounds more like an ED?

This episode was good though and I’m starting to get the hang of the plot. Anyway I hope Rika appears next episode, I love her character design already
Jan 19, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2011
Scepster said:
Does anybody else think the OP is good but sounds more like an ED?

This episode was good though and I’m starting to get the hang of the plot. Anyway I hope Rika appears next episode, I love her character design already

They should reverse OP and ED, but OP and ED really great as expected from Love Live seiyuu,

Fighting animation really great in this episode.
Jan 19, 2021 8:09 AM

Nov 2019
This anime just screams "you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention"

This episode's scenario sort of reminded me a bit of the Kamishida arc from Persona 5. From the abusive coach to the horrifying transformation.

Also I really like the opening and ost so far.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, I probably rewatched the short sequence in which the coach transforms into acid boob baba in the background 4 or 5 times, that was juicy and oddly satisfying to watch, the transformation progression, I don't know.

WEP bringing in a commitment to cinematography that I rarely see in seasonal these days, it's refreshing.

I really liked everything in the OP, the song, when it drops, is chef's kiss.

Regarding the writing, I don't know if I missed it or if it's going to be better exposed in the future, I wonder how and which injuries in the 'dream' world translate to the 'real' one, since Ai did get injured and drew blood a couple of times, including on the cheeks, but she seemed okay in the 'real' one, although she was in the hospital afterwards.
Jan 19, 2021 8:11 AM

Jan 2015
Yet again there were some confusing and quite creepy parts.
So Ai’s mission is to help others overcoming their traumas, nice! I’m guessing they’ll get worse and worse each week.
The real question is, why does she have to do that? What are Aca and Ura-aca gaining from people like Ai and Neiru

The thing that surprised me the most was Ai’s personality. I seemed to have mistaken her as a shy person, and she’s actually not. Better than a gloomy and boring character
Also Neiru is kinda weird. Not surprised tho lmao

Great episode, and we got some great animation for the action as well damn
The OP is kinda amazing tbh, I love it. It’s something different
Jan 19, 2021 8:11 AM

Mar 2018
This is definitely something special. It has the feel of Madoka Magica but the craziness and effort of Sarazanmai.

If this can be more relatable then Madoka Magica and make more sense then Sarazanmai, then this will be a very special show. Enjoy this anime while you can folks, because you are not gonna get this kind of quality often.
Jan 19, 2021 8:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If Mushoku Tensei and thei almost unfair production values didn't exist, Wonder Egg Priority would take that top spot with Horimiya this season.
Jan 19, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
This anime has me sold already from the previous episode, but now its got me sold that there is some genuine potential here 2 episodes in, especially seeing how Ai is seemingly involved with helping people overcome traumas and how the responsible parties and emotions are portrayed in an incredibly abstract manner. Really fascinating episode as a whole, with some really good visuals like the previous episode. Very calm, soothing yet unnerving opening song too since it's the kind that could easily be used in a peaceful SoL show or in this case, be perfect bait for whats to come in the future.
Jan 19, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2019
Pretty good episode. The overall quality is high and it looks like it will stay the same till the end. The new girl is interesting and i'm looking forward to see how their "professional" relationship will further develop. The OP and ED are amazing. I wish we'll get more SoL moments in the next episode but they will probably introduce the third girl and we'll see another fight.
Jan 19, 2021 8:17 AM
Aug 2009
Unlike the previous episode, the girl in need seemed to be clueless about the situation. Sounds like the first girl was also in same position as Ai at some point before, she also avoided to answer if she died (the one in this episode quite likely died due to abuse).
Jan 19, 2021 8:17 AM

Dec 2013
These designs and art direction, some another level.

Beautiful opening, one of my faves this season.

WEP is as well aots easily.
Jan 19, 2021 8:18 AM
Oct 2017
i'm so impressed by this show
Jan 19, 2021 8:18 AM

Jul 2020
Was this episode directed by the same director from episode one? Or is it a different director?
Not to say this was a bad episode, this was good, but this had a different kind of vibe pacing to it. Maybe it is just me...

Wait, did Koito get raped or bullied by a teacher or something...
NewYearSameMeJan 19, 2021 8:22 AM
Jan 19, 2021 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
This episode made things a lot clearer. So we'll keep seeing more bullied girls hatching from the capsules and Ai gotta save em from their traumas. But looks like none of them are alive and damn the parting hit hard this time too.

Also lol I like Neiru, she's hardcore XD.

Action sequence were really well done. Animation and visuals were really great. Also the OP/ED were both great.
Jan 19, 2021 8:23 AM

Sep 2019
I loved the OP. This episode was about a gymnast and her trauma which was caused by her coach.

Two girls who had found no value in their lives and were ready to die in order to save thier loved ones became friends. I hope they start to value themselves more by interacting with others and getting more friends. Great episode.
Jan 19, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
It was somewhat fast paced but it was still amazing. Ai is a lot different than what i expected because i thought she was a more shy-like person when this episode she was a lot more energetic, but thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense her to be like this as she is trying her best to help her friend be revived and she certainly doesnt want to lose any more friends (and probably just wants more friends in general).
The animation this episode was fucking incredible, so many scenes moved, i dont remember a show where there were so little still frames. The music was also quite the highlight for me, it has that kensuke ushio vibe, which i absolutely love. This is easily my favorite of the season.
Jan 19, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
This anime brings such a good psychological subject between bullying and how perverse people are in this particular subject, high hopes in this anime

Really liked the realistic style in the op reminds me of Tatami and the ending is pretty good as well
Jan 19, 2021 8:33 AM
Aug 2020
Yet another incredible episode. It's probably too early to give it a 10, but fuck it I'm doing it anyway.
Jan 19, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
I could be wrong but I got the impression that Koito was being abused by the teacher too, hence the "preferential" treatment, it honestly freaked me out when he walked behind her. I like this show a lot.
Jan 19, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
NewYearSameMe said:
Was this episode directed by the same director from episode one? Or is it a different director?
Not to say this was a bad episode, this was good, but this had a different kind of vibe pacing to it. Maybe it is just me...

Probably the pace is faster because 3 minutes are now taken from the OP&ED
omarkJan 19, 2021 8:46 AM
Jan 19, 2021 8:45 AM

Jun 2020
I am really enjoying this anime and I am invested now
Really great animation and soundtrack . The production is unbelievable
It's story isn't fully clear but most of it has been made clear. The episodes are gonna take multiple rewatches tho

Jan 19, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2017
NGL Cloverworks is cooking something special here this will be definitely the new anime of this season that I will be waiting for the most every week!

Also that OP! Kawaiiness over 9000!
Jan 19, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2017
I loved this episode just like the previous one. The art is top notch and the battle animation looked fantastic, along with the monster design. The OST is straight fire, can't wait for it to be released. I can already sense the OP being used as tear-jerk material later in the series, it's so haunting and beautiful.

I guess this episode was more about further world-building and elaboration on the mechanics of the dream world. I wonder if it'll continue along the Monster of the Week (or Egg of the week I guess) formula, or if it'll become different later. It's sometimes hard to keep track what really takes place in the real world, but maybe that's intentional... like blurring the lines type of deal.

All in all, this is amazing.
Jan 19, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2020
Such a great ep!! Showing that even teachers can be bullies, which is really upsetting, but a thing that a lot of us go through.
Ai and Neiru became friends, I hope they can save one another ^^
Jan 19, 2021 8:52 AM

May 2020
Another great episode! The animation during the fight scene was immaculate and I really like the soundtracks in this anime. The OP has a creepy and calm feel, and the ED has a cutesy happy vibe.

It was pretty interesting to find out that the monster aka Wonder Killer is actually the form of an Egg's trauma. I'm really curious to see what kind of Wonder Killer Ai is going to go up against next and how creepy these Wonder Killers are going to be because the one we saw in this episode was very creepy.

The scene where Ai and Neiru were on the rooftop was very cute to see, and I'm really glad that they became friends. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the MCs because their character designs are looking really nice.
Jan 19, 2021 8:55 AM

Jan 2009
the writer is known for doing dark stories with suicide, sexual assault and even incest https://twitter.com/AnimesocMegan/status/1351043079319539724

so ye Koito must have been sexually assaulted by her teacher then she committed suicide
Jan 19, 2021 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
Great second episode, I hope it stays as good or gets even better!
Jan 19, 2021 8:58 AM

Dec 2015
the animation is so capitivating. i'm really interested in where this anime is going.
Jan 19, 2021 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
im so in love with this anime T^T

i wonder what happens to the people from the eggs when they defeat the enemy..
Jan 19, 2021 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
I really love this episode but I still don't know what's happens to the people ohto saved. they die? or they live? I still think they live but why they do disappear?
Jan 19, 2021 9:14 AM

Mar 2018
deg said:
the writer is known for doing dark stories with suicide, sexual assault and even incest https://twitter.com/AnimesocMegan/status/1351043079319539724
Thank you for linking that thread! Yeah, we are definitely in good hands here.
Jan 19, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2020
enjoyed the episode, not as much as the pilot but it was enjoyable
Jan 19, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2014
Another great episode. The visuals are stunning, they're sooo good to look at. I love how they represent trauma with surreal imagery. Seems like Ai and Neiru became friends, that's sweet. Though... i guess things will get dark in the future?
Jan 19, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly didn't like this episode as much as the first one. I felt like Ai had a dramatic shift in her personality, and there wasn't as much symbolism present in this ep. The first episode was fun trying to piece how the egg scene related to Ai's irl life, but I didn't get any of those vibes this time.
Jan 19, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
I absolutely loved this week's episode. The animation and soundtrack are both wonderful along with the characters. All the characters introduced so far are quite interesting, I wonder if we'll learn more about Neiru in the next episode. Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode, this is one of my favorite anime of this season.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Feb 2, 2021

294 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 26, 2021

239 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

433 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.