Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2019 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the more I think about it, the more interesting Dororo's quest gets with the type of characters they encounter.

The girl (Mio) in particular they met this week is very human and can sing quite well. Heck, that girl even has someone to protect. Hyakkimaru is also quite a daredevil for taking the risk to fight demons when he isn't fully at 100%.
Stark700Feb 4, 2019 6:25 AM
Feb 4, 2019 6:32 AM

Mar 2018
Really starting to like this series.
"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Feb 4, 2019 6:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, Hyakkimaru lost his lower leg but gained his voice back. Didn't see this coming.

Does he like Mio after he heard her voice? It seems like it to me.

Mio letting herself get raped for money so kids stay safe, ffs. She tries to keep herself sane, too with humming her song..
Feb 4, 2019 6:43 AM

Jan 2008
Sucks when you actually guess right about something that you don't want to happen. When the kid says she only works at night, first thing that to mind was selling herself. The part where she was trying to cover herself up when Dororo said he could see the color of her soul only added more to it.
Feb 4, 2019 6:48 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing episode, the girl from the opening is here, wonder what will happens next.

Paul said:
Sucks when you actually guess right about something that you don't want to happen. When the kid says she only works at night, first thing that to mind was selling herself.

Yeah exactly, waiting for people complaining about this, when she was most probably doing the same thing already in the first camp, still tho war is war, poor girl, and kids.

Also is the VA Mizuki Nana ?
Feb 4, 2019 6:53 AM
Nov 2017
It was quite clear what Mio was doing, but I was surprised it was shown explicitly.
Feb 4, 2019 6:55 AM
Oct 2018
Did Hyakkimaru lose his regained leg in the original too?
Feb 4, 2019 7:06 AM

Feb 2017
Pretty heavy episode.
It was obvious that Mio works as a prostitute, but I was surprised they showed it. Poor girl. Hope she and kids have a better future.

It sucks for Hyakkimaru to finally get his voice back only to scream in pain.
Feb 4, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
Holy shit, Hyakkimaru lost his lower leg but gained his voice back. Didn't see this coming.

Mio letting herself get raped for money so kids stay safe, ffs. She tries to keep herself sane, too with humming her song..

I think thats not how she usually do her job, the guys are forcibly holding her. I don't think shes gonna get money this time. Remember when they said she should not cause the enemy was "rough".
Feb 4, 2019 7:13 AM
Jun 2011
I'd love to hear the reason from whoever voted a 1.
Feb 4, 2019 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
Is she working or getting raped? I don't get it. Cause if she was just working there, would be no need to other two guys hold her. She should probably not have gone there.
Feb 4, 2019 7:15 AM

Nov 2016
Holy sheep, feel bad for Mio. How'd Hyakkimaru voice is back? The demons has not beaten yet.
Feb 4, 2019 7:22 AM
Oct 2017
Finally Hyakkimaru VA is getting to work lol
That was a sad ep but one of the better ones so far, now time to sleep until next monday
Feb 4, 2019 7:25 AM

Mar 2017
I was so fucking shocked wen Hyakkimaru started yelling... like, omfg he can speak now?! I'm really sad that he lost his leg though... why couldn't that demon take the wooden leg god damn it?! Also i have a really bad feeling wen it comes to Mio... i feel like that particular story is going to end in tragedy
Feb 4, 2019 7:25 AM

Sep 2015
Lululand said:
shiro_kai said:
Is she working or getting raped? I don't get it. Cause if she was just working there, would be no need to other two guys hold her. She should probably not have gone there.

Her job is being a whore...

@Topic

Jeez what an episode, i'm in love with this anime. It's perfect.

I'm kinda sad because Anaki found his love, but his love's working as a whore.

She is, that's why I put working on italic. I just think, how they said, that they are being a litle more rough this time. But we never saw how she works in the other place. So no way to know for sure.
Feb 4, 2019 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
Awful thing for Mio. Although I was already expecting that... Really sad.

Hyakkimaru lost his brand new leg, but his voice is back.
Feb 4, 2019 7:31 AM
Apr 2017
Mio best girl of the season. We must protect her. Do not let the r34 get to her. She has it hard enough as is.

I do like the change of this happening in the modern day, i do believe it was a flashback 1 episode long thing in the original. This episode was probably the best so far and gave me exactly what I wanted.
wagedgqehghH4RFeb 4, 2019 7:49 AM
Feb 4, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2012
The way they panned away from the leg, along with the red flecks that the priest saw in his soul, I reckon it might grow back. Either that, or he'll get a replacement like the kids have.
Feb 4, 2019 7:33 AM
Mar 2016
Good episode, surely better than the episode 4 for me. Finally they met Mio, the girl from the opening. She seems to be an interesting character. Is she gonna appear in the series a little while longer? I got a bad feeling that she may met a sad fate next episode. Hopefully, next episode won't be the last time we met her cuz I like her character
Feb 4, 2019 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
I knew what Mio's job was the moment the kid said she only works at night to get paid more.

The old blind man is awesome!

I feel like Hyakkimaru keeps getting weaker as he gains more body parts.

Dororo is so cute when he says 'aniki'.

I wanted Hyakki's voice to be one of his last senses to return. His silence had made him look so cool. Sadly, his voice is back. Hope it doesn't affect him too much.

Hyakki can make facial expressions now. Also, that end was so unexpected. His real leg got taken away. I feel like he will get that leg back later, but this is based on an old story, so he might actually stay disabled till the end.
Feb 4, 2019 7:38 AM

May 2018
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't guess mio's job.
Feb 4, 2019 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I should've expected that Hyakkimaru would have trouble adjusting to the new things he gained, especially sounds. I wonder what it'll be like once he regains vision.

Wasn't expecting Hyakkimaru to lose his leg but regain his voice. :o

I feel bad for Mio, I was suspicious but damn. :(
Feb 4, 2019 7:49 AM
Apr 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
I knew what Mio's job was the moment the kid said she only works at night to get paid more.

The old blind man is awesome!

I feel like Hyakkimaru keeps getting weaker as he gains more body parts.

Dororo is so cute when he says 'aniki'.

I wanted Hyakki's voice to be one of his last senses to return. His silence had made him look so cool. Sadly, his voice is back. Hope it doesn't affect him too much.

Hyakki can make facial expressions now. Also, that end was so unexpected. His real leg got taken away. I feel like he will get that leg back later, but this is based on an old story, so he might actually stay disabled till the end.

That's the point, he does get weaker the more body parts he has as he's losing his tools and gaining a weakness in return.
Feb 4, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
Mio doing "that" sort of thing didnt come as a surprise at all but damn that was still hard and funny to watch at the same time.
Yeah obviously he'll get weaker the more he gets parts of his body back, kinda sad actually, we can see how weak he's gotten already.

Man I love this series.
Feb 4, 2019 8:00 AM

Jan 2018
Well fuck ...

Plus side - we finally get to hear his voice <3 Down side, well .. pretty much everything else T_T

It was obvious Mio was a prostitue, the first time they saw her she was washing herself in the river. I can't say I like the "angelic girl selling herself to protect the younglings out of sheer selflessness" trope, it just doesn't stick with me. I'd prefer it if she actually had a personality, like if she were weary and suspicious of strangers and maybe a little rough around the edges, cause, hey, that would match her circumstances. I mean, you can stil be a self-sacrificing heroine, even if you're not a pretty little flower petal.

I know it's probably like that in the source material and I'm just ranting, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Don't like this kind of meek, flat character, especially if they're female. You know the ones that are there just to kinda keep the plot going and serve as potential love interests? Oh, well, maybe she'll evolve during the course of the show. I know I'm probably nitpicking, I'm sorry, I guess it just got on my nerves xD She's not that bad, I like the interactions with Hyakkimaru, the singing .. That's cute, I admit. I just think it would be more poignant if she weren't an impeccable heavenly creature without a shred of malice within her -.-

Still adore the show, tho !!
Feb 4, 2019 8:04 AM
Jan 2019
Great episode, but I have to say it's pretty disturbing especially if you watch it at midnight,

Which is exactly the case for me...
Feb 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
ZaCriDan54 said:
Great episode, but I have to say it's pretty disturbing especially if you watch it at midnight,

Diddo my friend. Shoulda waited till the sun came out.
Feb 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Sep 2017
Heavy, heavy episode.

Really enjoying these stories. By the looks of it, maybe Hyakkimaru will run into his father next week, seeing as he is on the battlefield. I really like how this series doesn't hold its punches; the world these characters are living in is shit and these people are just doing what they can to survive and live on in this war-torn Japan (sometimes breaking them like we saw with the katana dude last week) and I feel like that is the central theme of this series that ties all the stories together. Can't wait for next week.
Feb 4, 2019 8:15 AM

Aug 2008
preview for ep 6 who wants to see it
how u put a video here
The spider is watching
Feb 4, 2019 8:15 AM
Dec 2016
Tezuka didn't show what she was really doing in the manga but even that might have been quite challenging for 60s' Shonen Sunday.
Even Harenchi Gakuen or Zenigeba is a bit later.
Feb 4, 2019 8:17 AM

Apr 2018
I love how realistic this anime is! It portrays the life in medieval Japan and life in time of war really well. And when I first heard Mio say she works somewhere, at night, I was like MASAKA, it can't be. When I saw this come true, I was a little sad, but at least it's realistic.
Feb 4, 2019 8:21 AM
Nov 2018
Smudy said:

Its not rape, if she lets them....
Feb 4, 2019 8:23 AM
Jan 2019
-Stray said:
ZaCriDan54 said:

Diddo my friend. Shoulda waited till the sun came out.

That's what I said to myself upon finishing hahaha!!!
Feb 4, 2019 8:24 AM

Apr 2018
Haxr57 said:
I didn't expect that too. I think we are only the innocent ones around here.
Feb 4, 2019 8:24 AM
Dec 2012
Smudy said:

What..? Prostitution is now rape? Does the girl has any agency in your mind?
Feb 4, 2019 8:26 AM
Jan 2019
Sushantbro said:
Haxr57 said:

Well... Welcome to the "religion", minna!
*Insert Yandere Laugh Here...
Feb 4, 2019 8:30 AM
Feb 2019
Holy fcking fuck. MAPPA did something incredible with the series. This reboot do seem to be different compared to the original series but, that's what i hope for. If it doesn't then, I feel sorry to Mio and to the kids.
Feb 4, 2019 8:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Bluegerm said:
Smudy said:

Its not rape, if she lets them....

True, definitely worded myself incorrectly here.
Feb 4, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2016
Great episode 5/5

That really got me into a bad mod selfing herself at such a age that's too fucking sad... no wonder she wanted to hide when he said he can see color of a soul.

Our boi got his voice back wonder if his sight will return soon or at the end.

Great episode
Feb 4, 2019 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
U got your voice back hyakkimaru but.............I'm sorry what happen about your right leg*cry*

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Feb 4, 2019 8:40 AM
Dec 2012
Drunken_angel said:
Well fuck ...

Plus side - we finally get to hear his voice <3 Down side, well .. pretty much everything else T_T

It was obvious Mio was a prostitue, the first time they saw her she was washing herself in the river. I can't say I like the "angelic girl selling herself to protect the younglings out of sheer selflessness" trope, it just doesn't stick with me. I'd prefer it if she actually had a personality, like if she were weary and suspicious of strangers and maybe a little rough around the edges, cause, hey, that would match her circumstances. I mean, you can stil be a self-sacrificing heroine, even if you're not a pretty little flower petal.

I know it's probably like that in the source material and I'm just ranting, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Don't like this kind of meek, flat character, especially if they're female. You know the ones that are there just to kinda keep the plot going and serve as potential love interests? Oh, well, maybe she'll evolve during the course of the show. I know I'm probably nitpicking, I'm sorry, I guess it just got on my nerves xD She's not that bad, I like the interactions with Hyakkimaru, the singing .. That's cute, I admit. I just think it would be more poignant if she weren't an impeccable heavenly creature without a shred of malice within her -.-

Still adore the show, tho !!

Man, I'm completely opposite haha, I hate this kind of flat, strong girl you're citing, it's like everywhere nowadays. I love characters with flaws, adds a lot more depth, even moreso feminine flaws like her frailty contrasting her strong will to help.

Like you ask why she isn't weary of strangers, but being someone who is doing this sort of job and doesn't want to be judged, I think she wouldn't want to judge others so harshly too, also helping the children might be a way for her to redeem herself, we don't know enough.
Feb 4, 2019 8:40 AM
Feb 2017
kater_tot said:
I was so fucking shocked wen Hyakkimaru started yelling... like, omfg he can speak now?! I'm really sad that he lost his leg though... why couldn't that demon take the wooden leg god damn it?! Also i have a really bad feeling wen it comes to Mio... i feel like that particular story is going to end in tragedy

Same feeling here.
Feb 4, 2019 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
Mio :(
Old man is the MVP!
Feb 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
dany_elle1908 said:
preview for ep 6 who wants to see it
how u put a video here

Jesus he is showing so much emotions on his face now, things are really different with this reboot, iirc this happened way back before Hyakki met Dororo, and even the manga didnt show what she was really doing, MAPPA doin work here.
Not that Im complaining, I like silent type Hyakki a lot more than his noisy manga counterpart, but the way they portrayed Mio tho, holy hell.
Feb 4, 2019 8:44 AM
Feb 2017
Sushantbro said:
Haxr57 said:

At first even I didn't get that. Thought she was working as a spy, but when I saw dororo following her then suddenly it came to mind & I was praying for that not to happen but alas!
Feb 4, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2018
Jisrat_Hasan said:
Sushantbro said:

At first even I didn't get that. Thought she was working as a spy, but when I saw dororo following her then suddenly it came to mind & I was praying for that not to happen but alas!
That was sad but it was realistic. This anime has done a great job in portraying the events of ancient Japan.
Feb 4, 2019 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
"Working for soldiers" I feared the worst ... and it was the worst.

This anime doesn't spare anyone.
Feb 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
i knew it, i knew it since he says work at night, dang poor mio :(
Feb 4, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2017
I watched preview 2 again to see what happens to his leg. Actually, at this point the preview is kind of a spoiler (edit to make it more clear: possibly a spoiler about the anime in general) so I'll tag it
RiplerFeb 4, 2019 11:27 AM
Feb 4, 2019 8:59 AM
Feb 2017
Sushantbro said:
Jisrat_Hasan said:

That was sad but it was realistic. This anime has done a great job in portraying the events of ancient Japan.

Yeah for me it's the best anime of the season & for them to directly show the rape scene was also shocking
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

445 by SpongyMallard »»
Jun 3, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

181 by dspr »»
May 24, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.