Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2018 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Every time I try to talk to a girl (who's in her teens), she always has this stone-cold, dead, look on her face. Especially with attractive girls, like their puppy just died or something.
I try to talk to her, I try asking her normal things, like what her major is. She answers my questions, then ignores me. Or she's just always on her phone.
Aren't women known to have keen intuition? Can't they sense when a guy is JUST trying to socialize with them, just trying to be friendly?
Meanwhile, I see other guys, being all confident and outgoing, girls flock to them! They smile! They start talking! They open up!
Please help me...
Please don't tell me, "Be yourself" because that never works.
removed-userSep 18, 2018 12:33 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
Well, for starters, you need to look good. Appearance is legit the first thing someone notices, and if you look pretty bad or unappealing, well ... You're not going to get much interest from anyone. That's just how it works with most women, because they tend to be shallow. Not everyone, of course, but yeah, you get my point.
Sep 18, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Girls are not aliens. There are not any hacks or cheats to make female friends lol just be natural.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Sep 18, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
Treat them like you treat guys, just talk to them normally.

If they are immediately unsympathetic, just talk to someone else. Some people just don't want to socialize as much, so let them have it their way.

And yes, looks are important. Looks and body language, tone of voice and such, all of these things together are probably more important than all of the above.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Sep 18, 2018 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Sweet said:
Girls are not aliens. There are not any hacks or cheats to make female friends lol just be natural.

I try to act natural, then they run away. From my perspective, they might as WELL be aliens. The old man also told me that girls can completely sense how you feel towards them. Is this true?
Sep 18, 2018 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
HopefulNihilist said:
Sweet said:

I try to act natural, then they run away. From my perspective, they might as WELL be aliens. The old man also told me that girls can completely sense how you feel towards them. Is this true?

Mmmm... I would say that we can’t know how men feel 100% of the times, but a lot of the times we do. Ok see it from this perspective, when you are a young adult woman (I’m 21 for example) you probably had looooooooooooots of fuckboys behind you trying to flirt and go beyond a simple friendship when you were in high school, and eventually we learn how to identify those guys.

Sep 18, 2018 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
That's a primary sign of her not being sexually attracted to you. As others have said, looks are extremely important, especially for first impressions. Hit the gym, get a haircut that suits you, dress well, take care of your skin etc. Being tall helps too. There are a ton of looksmaxing guides on the internet, especially reddit so you can look that up too if you want.
Sep 18, 2018 1:02 PM

Oct 2015
your name jeff?

if the answe is no, there lies ur problem
Sep 18, 2018 1:15 PM

Jan 2017
how to get females to open up
lay female on her back
using one of your own hands , move one of her legs aside
repeat for the other leg
u have now opened up a female
Sep 18, 2018 1:22 PM

Sep 2017
Am I the only one who thought dirty things after reading that title
Sep 18, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2016
Forget about them, ignore them. Focus on what you need to be doing right now. Be content, be successful. It will come naturally with power creep.
Quantity over quality or quality over quantity it doesn't matter as long as you get your dick wet my son.

justcaolan said:
Am I the only one who thought dirty things after reading that title

Also this. Apply the Shocker. Two in the *redacted* one in the *redacted*.
Sep 18, 2018 1:41 PM

Dec 2015
@HopefulNihilist
Firstly you need , to look good , and I don't mean you have to be handsome af or something like that , but you need to wear clean clothes and you have to "smell" clean so you can't for par example don't take a shower for 3-4 days and trying to speak with girls cause it won't work.
Second you need to make a good match with colour of your clothes , ofc most of men including me doesn't understand these matches but girls really look at that and pay attention for that.
3: Your face have to look good and I mean by emotions , being sad and showing that to everyone won't work cause girls don't want to talk with guys who will soon talk about their sad mood etc. You need to smile and show that you're mostly natural ( ofc don't make a force smile it's visible)
You need to talk a little bit , get some knowledge about a girl and you have to show her that you're a man with whom she can have relationship even if you don't plan it . Before meeting , at least the first meet you can't smoke or obv. drink alcohol cause it will be noticed and it will make a negative grade about you.
After a dialouge you should ask about idk. Facebook , number of phone etc. to get a possibility to ask her about a meeting in next time etc.

Tbh I don't know what to say more , some of my friends who are more outgoing than me probably would give you better advices but well their not a part of MAL comunity unfortunately.

HopefulNihilist said:
Sweet said:

Hmmmm in some kinds I would say that yeah , girls can see and feel how you feel towards them and no it's not because a super powers or mind diffrence of genders it's because that you can see that by muscles on your face , secondly you can make a force smile to show that you're happy and ok , but your eyes will always show the truth , also alot of times you can recognise what type of a man or woman is someone by looking on his/hers style of walking .
ZettaikenSep 18, 2018 1:44 PM
Sep 18, 2018 1:42 PM

Sep 2018
1. Having a good appearance is important.
2. Be skilled socially to adapt to various topics.
Sep 18, 2018 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Zettaiken said:
@HopefulNihilist
Firstly you need , to look good , and I don't mean you have to be handsome af or something like that , but you need to wear clean clothes and you have to "smell" clean so you can't for par example don't take a shower for 3-4 days and trying to speak with girls cause it won't work.
Second you need to make a good match with colour of your clothes , ofc most of men including me doesn't understand these matches but girls really look at that and pay attention for that.
3: Your face have to look good and I mean by emotions , being sad and showing that to everyone won't work cause girls don't want to talk with guys who will soon talk about their sad mood etc. You need to smile and show that you're mostly natural ( ofc don't make a force smile it's visible)
You need to talk a little bit , get some knowledge about a girl and you have to show her that you're a man with whom she can have relationship even if you don't plan it . Before meeting , at least the first meet you can't smoke or obv. drink alcohol cause it will be noticed and it will make a negative grade about you.
After a dialouge you should ask about idk. Facebook , number of phone etc. to get a possibility to ask her about a meeting in next time etc.

Asking their phone number? Is that really a good idea? I mean...it's something I've never considered. It sounds...I dunno...creepy?

Zettaiken said:
Hmmmm in some kinds I would say that yeah , girls can see and feel how you feel towards them and no it's not because a super powers or mind diffrence of genders it's because that you can see that by muscles on your face , secondly you can make a force smile to show that you're happy and ok , but your eyes will always show the truth , also alot of times you can recognise what type of a man or woman is someone by looking on his/hers style of walking .

Many times, I start get angry when I can't socialize with a girl, out of frustration. Do they sense that?

Sweet said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Mmmm... I would say that we can’t know how men feel 100% of the times, but a lot of the times we do. Ok see it from this perspective, when you are a young adult woman (I’m 21 for example) you probably had looooooooooooots of fuckboys behind you trying to flirt and go beyond a simple friendship when you were in high school, and eventually we learn how to identify those guys.

But I'm not interested in entering into any kind of relationship with girls that I try to talk to! I just want to make friends! I'm too busy with life to worry about a relationship.
Sep 18, 2018 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
HopefulNihilist said:
But I'm not interested in entering into any kind of relationship with girls that I try to talk to! I just want to make friends! I'm too busy with life to worry about a relationship.

I know, and that's why I'm telling you to be natural. If you act too nervous around them they might think that you are trying to hit on them.

Sep 18, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2007
Have you asked her to do the splits??

Sep 18, 2018 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Sweet said:
HopefulNihilist said:

I know, and that's why I'm telling you to be natural. If you act too nervous around them they might think that you are trying to hit on them.

Wait...you've gotta be kidding me...this whole time...when my social anxiety started going haywire...they not only sensed it, but they thought I was hitting on them?
Goddammit! It's all because of my social anxiety!
Sep 18, 2018 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
Try to come off as aloof and comfortable in your own skin. Acting nervous and insecure will just make you seem desperate and needy, and pretty much everyone finds that shit offputting.

I have issues with social anxiety too so I know how difficult it can be but you'll get better at it the more you practice
Take care of yourself

Sep 18, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
HopefulNihilist said:
Sweet said:

Wait...you've gotta be kidding me...this whole time...when my social anxiety started going haywire...they not only sensed it, but they thought I was hitting on them?
Goddammit! It's all because of my social anxiety!

As I told you, interpretation changes depending on the person, but that's a very common one. If you suffer from anxiety I think it would be better to work on that first before you try to socialize.

Sep 18, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
Ask her if she's read Karl Marx. If she smiles, she's the one. Likewise, girls can try this on guys.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 18, 2018 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
Your social anxiety is gonna get in the way, with making friends with girls. My advice. Either explain the situation to these girls, or get some help.
Sep 18, 2018 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
mascarpone said:
Your social anxiety is gonna get in the way, with making friends with girls. My advice. Either explain the situation to these girls, or get some help.

How do you explain to someone within 5 minutes knowing them that you have social anxiety WITHOUT coming off as weird?
Sep 18, 2018 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
mascarpone said:

How do you explain to someone within 5 minutes knowing them that you have social anxiety WITHOUT coming off as weird?
There is no way to make it not weird. You just have to be frank and tell it like it is.
Sep 18, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
The way you carry yourself on MAL protrudes an attitude of bitterness, disapproval and censure that if translated to real life would no wonder repel and turn people off. This is meant to be helpful, take it as you will.
Sep 18, 2018 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
mascarpone said:
HopefulNihilist said:

There is no way to make it not weird. You just have to be frank and tell it like it is.

But if I do that...won't they run away?

Vulze said:
The way you carry yourself on MAL protrudes an attitude of bitterness, disapproval and censure that if translated to real life would no wonder repel and turn people off. This is meant to be helpful, take it as you will.

I was going to reply...nah. If I do that, one of you guys will say, "Oh look at Nihil, being a jackass again". If I so much as ADRESS something negative you guys say about me, you use it against me.
Sep 18, 2018 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
mascarpone said:

It's a possibility, but there's no guarantee they will.
Sep 18, 2018 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
mascarpone said:
HopefulNihilist said:

True, but isn't the possibility...like...high?
Sep 18, 2018 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
mascarpone said:

That's true. If you want, you could just say something like "I'm not very good at meeting new people".
Sep 18, 2018 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
mascarpone said:
HopefulNihilist said:

That's true. If you want, you could just say something like "I'm not very good at meeting new people".

Hmm...that sounds good, but also out of place, if said suddenly. When would it be a good idea to say that?
Sep 18, 2018 5:03 PM

Dec 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
Every time I try to talk to a girl (who's in her teens), she always has this stone-cold, dead, look on her face. Especially with attractive girls, like their puppy just died or something.
I try to talk to her, I try asking her normal things, like what her major is. She answers my questions, then ignores me. Or she's just always on her phone.
Aren't women known to have keen intuition? Can't they sense when a guy is JUST trying to socialize with them, just trying to be friendly?
Meanwhile, I see other guys, being all confident and outgoing, girls flock to them! They smile! They start talking! They open up!
Please help me...
Please don't tell me, "Be yourself" because that never works.

However you are coming across, they artn't interested socially or romantically.

If your overall goal is to be more outgoing, then the girl aspect is irrelevant.

Me, personally, I don't sit will with women, I speak my mind, and I have no issues being my male self around them. Since I don't particularly cater to feelings, or care to, most women simply find me abrasive, which really is quite fine.
Sep 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Dec 2015

Well with that what I said you can normally also be friends with a girl , that what I said is the way how I was making friends with some girls .
But most of girls I know from school , parties or from sports events etc.
Sep 18, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2018
I'm gonna give you a big secret for getting girls. All you have to do is listen to them. That's it. Not just wait for your turn to speak, but just sit and listen to them. Just doing that can go a really long way.

Of course, you can't discount natural charm and charisma. Some men just have it, and it makes it much easier to talk to girls and get them to open up. If you're low in the charm department, just be a bit more patient, and a bit more persistent.

edit: Also, I hate to add this, but some guys are oblivious to it, so I'll just say it....
be aware of your own league, and don't try to shoot too far above it.

Also, nothing is awkward unless you MAKE it awkward. If you say something that you worry may come off as weird or awkward, just laugh at yourself and say "sorry I know I'm hella awkward" or something like that. Don't get hung up on worrying about what you just said or how you're coming off, if you're at ease and willing to laugh at yourself, pretty much nothing will be awkward.

one more comment:
The confidence in yourself that you exude is everything. If you're not confident in yoruself, they will pick up on it and not think much of you. Granted, confidence isn't necessarily something you can just learn, but it is something you can grow over time. If that's relevant to you, then try to think of ways you can feel more confident. Not just in looks, but skills and competency are a huge turn-on in men. Being good at something or knowledgeable about something (anime dosne't count, lol) can reallllyyy go a long way.
Si-RanSep 18, 2018 5:17 PM
Sep 18, 2018 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
Sweet said:

Lol, no, not at all. Not most young women, anyways. Most young girls are so self absorbed in their own drama they sorta have a series of blanket judgements they apply to men: "he wants to fuck me", "I want him to like me", "he's a loser and he'll never get a chance at me", or "this guy dosen't even register on my sex-radar"

I know ppl will get mad at those generalizations, but it's sorta true.

No offense but most of the replies I've read to this post seem like pretty generic and/or overthought advice. I'm speaking as a girl who has experience with guys, and also had to overcome a reasonable amount of social anxiety in my early 20s, and have since had a much easier time interacting with people naturally.

@HopefulNihilist "Many times, I start get angry when I can't socialize with a girl, out of frustration. Do they sense that?"
Yeah, that they likely can sense, and it's a huge turnoff. If they're not responding, don't take it personally. Just ease off and maybe try to strike up a conversation next time. If they get the impression you're the type of guy that thinks all women owe him some attention, they will definitely not like you. Sometimes it takes a few short conversations before the girl shows any interest, if she shows any at all.

Comes down to, ask her questions, be interested in her--if she's not showing an interest, just back off and try talking to another girl sometime. No big deal.
Si-RanSep 18, 2018 5:29 PM
Sep 18, 2018 5:21 PM

Oct 2014
Didn't you have a thread the other day asking why girls are always laughing when you talk to them? Did this change or something?

But in all seriousness, what's the context/situation when you're speaking to these girls? Are you approaching them in random places, or in social situations? Timing is very important when trying to converse with others. If I'm on my way somewhere, or studying, or sitting alone somewhere minding my own business, it probably means I want to be left alone (regardless of the gender of who is trying to speak with me). There's also the chance that these girls just don't want to talk to you. This isn't something you should feel offended about. I'm sure there's some girls you don't want to talk to either. Just take their hint and move on. Try to find someone who shares a hobby with you, maybe in a club or some sort of group activity that creates the opportunity to get to talk to others and meet new people. Don't try to force it by randomly approaching girls wherever.
Sep 18, 2018 5:22 PM

Jul 2017
I'm not here to give any useful suggestion but I really do think you need to think less of those and act as yourself in public
if you really want to give off good impression you would want to smile more and be more friendly with girls
Sep 18, 2018 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
I thought I had girl problems... sheesh

Why do you want these girls to open up to you so badly anyway? Are you sure you have absolutely no ulterior motives? I think you need to start being more honest with yourself and think about why this means so much to you. My one piece of advice would be, just stop thinking so much... girls like spontaneity and fun. I ruined my chances with a few girls by being too neurotic and organized. Even if you're not trying to smash you just need to be more relaxed and have some fun, crack some jokes; even if its at your own expense. The less you care the better it is.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 18, 2018 7:17 PM

Jun 2016
Some chloroform and a scalpel.
Why do you want to open up girls, are you a pedo serial killer?
Sep 18, 2018 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
Si-Ran said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Lol, no, not at all. Not most young women, anyways. Most young girls are so self absorbed in their own drama they sorta have a series of blanket judgements they apply to men: "he wants to fuck me", "I want him to like me", "he's a loser and he'll never get a chance at me", or "this guy dosen't even register on my sex-radar"

I know ppl will get mad at those generalizations, but it's sorta true.

No offense but most of the replies I've read to this post seem like pretty generic and/or overthought advice. I'm speaking as a girl who has experience with guys, and also had to overcome a reasonable amount of social anxiety in my early 20s, and have since had a much easier time interacting with people naturally.

@HopefulNihilist "Many times, I start get angry when I can't socialize with a girl, out of frustration. Do they sense that?"
Yeah, that they likely can sense, and it's a huge turnoff. If they're not responding, don't take it personally. Just ease off and maybe try to strike up a conversation next time. If they get the impression you're the type of guy that thinks all women owe him some attention, they will definitely not like you. Sometimes it takes a few short conversations before the girl shows any interest, if she shows any at all.

Comes down to, ask her questions, be interested in her--if she's not showing an interest, just back off and try talking to another girl sometime. No big deal.

I don't want to feel as though girls owe me attention or anything. But at the same time, I can't help but get frustrated. Maybe it's NOT anger? Maybe it really is just frustration?
At this point, it's not even the LACK of attention: it's the lack of UNDERSTANDING them.

I can name only one, ONE girl I've met in my entire life who was both attractive AND friendly. See, my obsession with being able to make friends with an attractive girl isn't out of...you know...it's so I can CONFIRM that yes, girls can be attractive AND friendly. Because in my experience, 99.9% of attractive girls are snobbish and impossible to socialize.

Actually, meeting friendly people (people who try to INITIATE the conversation) seems damn near impossible. Lately, I've had to use tips from the Youtube channel "Charisma on Command" to manipulate people into starting conversations with me.

LoneWolf said:
I thought I had girl problems... sheesh

Why do you want these girls to open up to you so badly anyway? Are you sure you have absolutely no ulterior motives? I think you need to start being more honest with yourself and think about why this means so much to you. My one piece of advice would be, just stop thinking so much... girls like spontaneity and fun. I ruined my chances with a few girls by being too neurotic and organized. Even if you're not trying to smash you just need to be more relaxed and have some fun, crack some jokes; even if its at your own expense. The less you care the better it is.

Great question. For years, I've had a really REALLY shitty experience with girls. Because of that, I developed this view that, "the more attractive a girl is, the more cold and snobbish she is". Now that I'm 19, I can now somewhat...humanize, girls. But I still subconsciously cling to the believe that girls are cold-hearted monsters. At this point, I want to stop being biased towards females, by proving to myself that yes, there are such thing as genuinely good hearted girls, who are attractive too.

Nithirel said:
Didn't you have a thread the other day asking why girls are always laughing when you talk to them? Did this change or something?

But in all seriousness, what's the context/situation when you're speaking to these girls? Are you approaching them in random places, or in social situations? Timing is very important when trying to converse with others. If I'm on my way somewhere, or studying, or sitting alone somewhere minding my own business, it probably means I want to be left alone (regardless of the gender of who is trying to speak with me). There's also the chance that these girls just don't want to talk to you. This isn't something you should feel offended about. I'm sure there's some girls you don't want to talk to either. Just take their hint and move on. Try to find someone who shares a hobby with you, maybe in a club or some sort of group activity that creates the opportunity to get to talk to others and meet new people. Don't try to force it by randomly approaching girls wherever.

Great question. I try talking to girls, and other people, in my college classes. I don't approach them when they're on their cellphones. But the problem is that in class, there is very VERY little time to socialize. As for clubs, I just joined one.
removed-userSep 18, 2018 10:43 PM
Sep 19, 2018 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
stalk them and find out what you guys have in common
Sep 19, 2018 7:59 AM

Feb 2015
Rarely I see a dude and a girl just be friends, in most cases it leads to intimate relationship or it doesn't... Mhhh, then again I might be wrong; I'm just your typical MALer anyway

But then again, I find this quite different as you age older around 30s.... Mhhhh
Sep 19, 2018 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
You are a step ahead of the game just by being able to converse with the opposite gender. It look me a long time before I was able to build up enough confidence to do that. I think I am in the same spot you're at though when it comes to girls. I think one of the things you could try is asking them what they are interested in or what club activities they are involved in. Impress them with your determination to do well on exams, and don't be afraid to ask them if they would like to be friends, because even in something like a friendship between a guy and a girl, things can move up from there the more comfortable they get with each other. There is a saying that friends between both genders can't actually start dating, but this really isn't the case for everyone. Relationships with "compatibility". The more compatible and comfortable the relationship is, the more easier it will be to take it the step further into an actual relationship. So get to know the girl you are interested in, continue doing what you're doing by asking her a lot of questions, show a lot of interest in her, and try to build on that compatibility between you and her.
Sep 19, 2018 8:32 AM
Aug 2016
They might just try to look all mysterious and badass, by ignoring you. I am a guy and I do that too, but not just with girls or guys, I do that with everybody. I plug in my earphones and act all badass, by ignoring everybody and be in my own world. Today I even pretended I didn't recognize a former classmate of mine from middle school. I actually was in the same class as him just for 1 year, and didn't really spoke with him too much or even at all. Today I sat next by him on the bus seat, and I pretended I didn't know who he was.
Sep 19, 2018 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Sayakafire said:
You are a step ahead of the game just by being able to converse with the opposite gender. It look me a long time before I was able to build up enough confidence to do that. I think I am in the same spot you're at though when it comes to girls. I think one of the things you could try is asking them what they are interested in or what club activities they are involved in. Impress them with your determination to do well on exams, and don't be afraid to ask them if they would like to be friends, because even in something like a friendship between a guy and a girl, things can move up from there the more comfortable they get with each other. There is a saying that friends between both genders can't actually start dating, but this really isn't the case for everyone. Relationships with "compatibility". The more compatible and comfortable the relationship is, the more easier it will be to take it the step further into an actual relationship. So get to know the girl you are interested in, continue doing what you're doing by asking her a lot of questions, show a lot of interest in her, and try to build on that compatibility between you and her.

I've been told it's a bad idea to ASK someone if they'd like to be friends. Wouldn't girls just answer "yes" to be polite? Not necessarily because they would see me as a friend? I'm not looking for a relationship.
CONTINUE trying to talk to her...hmm...that sounds plausible, but would they not find me annoying then? Like, wouldn't they think, "Can't he get that I'm not interested in him?"
Sep 19, 2018 9:12 AM

Sep 2017
Why do you want to be her friend? Do you have any common interests? I'd just focus on that and be nice to her. But friendship has to come from two sides, maybe she's just not interested. I'd be happy if someone was nice to me and showed interest in me (not if they're creepy, of course). Just be honest about your intentions :D

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Sep 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Jan 2018
Be like Kirito. If you cannot be like Kirito, you cannot have be flocking girls.
Sep 19, 2018 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
aliquae said:
Why do you want to be her friend? Do you have any common interests? I'd just focus on that and be nice to her. But friendship has to come from two sides, maybe she's just not interested. I'd be happy if someone was nice to me and showed interest in me (not if they're creepy, of course). Just be honest about your intentions :D

Well...I'm low on friends. Actually, you're right, I should focus more on finding common interests. But saying out loud, "I just want to be friends," would sound weird, would't it?
Sep 19, 2018 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I've been told it's a bad idea to ASK someone if they'd like to be friends. Wouldn't girls just answer "yes" to be polite? Not necessarily because they would see me as a friend? I'm not looking for a relationship.
CONTINUE trying to talk to her...hmm...that sounds plausible, but would they not find me annoying then? Like, wouldn't they think, "Can't he get that I'm not interested in him?"

Now that you've put it that way, I can see how just asking to be friends might be a bad idea. There is no easy way, but if the girl is actually attracted to you in the first place, then it would be easier to actually ask her out because once you do that she would naturally feel like saying yes seeing how she liked you from the beginning. I'm not an expert on the matter though seeing how I've never been in any kind of serious relationship before, sadly.
Sep 19, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Is it possible you just come across loserish?
Sep 19, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
The more attachment you have to women, the less attractive you will be to them.

I think that in your case, the first thing you need to develop is the ability to make the daily moments of your life exciting and vibrant. If you manage to develop this capacity, then you will not be perceived as someone who needs a woman to be happy, but as a man who can make magic with the ordynary moments of a woman.

Developing this ability can be hell for someone boring by nature (people like you) but it is clear that the reward is worth it.

How to start developing that skill? Well, learning to dance could be a great start.

Dancing not only allows you to turn a boring moment into a fun one, but it gives you a great social and erotic advantage. It favors your self-esteem, security, body language and erotic / sexual intimacy. The dance also helps you to be more forgiving of yourself, as a result, you will learn to laugh at yourself (women love this!).

I am aware that Spanish speakers have a great advantage when we talk about dancing, because the average of us learn it from an early age. However, in the Anglo-Saxon culture, the advantage of knowing how to dance is markedly superior because it is not something that anyone can do.

In specific way, I would recommend learning to dance Salsa, because this genre combines fun with eroticism.

hahahaha
If you manage to master this type of dance and then you want to ascend to another league, then I recommend a more sophisticated and erotic dance: Tango.

No, it´s not joke.
Believe it or not, there is a big difference between going to the movies with the girl you like and teaching her to dance.

----
Si-Ran advise you to learn to listen. That is one of the best advice you could have received, because a man who listens is a constant caress for the self-esteem and vanity of a woman.

Learning to listen will be especially effective in a woman lacking in flavor and grace (that mean boring) but is physically attractive. This weakness can increase exponentially when you show "strong indifference" to that woman's physical attractiveness because her subconscious would reflect in you the fragments of that dreamed man who prefers enjoy her words (heart) before in her physically attractive.

Developing this type of ear is easier to practice for introverted men than for extroverted ones, so this ability is less difficult to acquire for men like you.

-----
Men fall in love with their eyes and women with their ears.

This reality is fulfilled in the Latin-speaking nations.
It is easy to see a physically attractive Latin woman with an "average" Latin man, however it is uncommon to see the reverse.

From what I have seen in women of Polish, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Austrian, Irish, Hellenic, Persian and Israeli origin, I conclude that they also have a strong weakness for the written and verbal expressions of Cupid.

I have reasonable doubts about the majority of women of Germanic, Arabic and Japanese origin. It happens that the less expressive the men of a culture are, the less auditory stimulation their women receive. In other words, in cultures where the gift of expression is less developed, women tend to be more visual and less auditory.

Anglo-Saxon women seem to be somewhere between a Norwegian woman and an Italian woman, due to the strong Roman influence received in the British Isles. This becomes evident when we observe that in the Anglo-Saxon World, it is not women who play the role of "hunter" but men.
In other words, developing the gift of expression can also be quite useful in USA.

However, learning to stimulate a woman's hearing may be harder than learning to dance salsa, because this is not something that is learned in a school.

Unlike nations like Italy or Austria, the USA is a deeply anti-intellectual nation because there never was a true balance between the intellect (priesthood) and force (militia).

Feminine emotions can be stimulated wonderfully by means of a elevated capacity of expression-oral and written-but that ability does not usually develop abundantly in cultures in which strength and intellect fight against each other. So It is uncommon to see an Anglo-American man who is manly, romantic, and intelligent at the same time.

So, if you want to develop the ability to stimulate female emotions through verbal and written expression, I suggest you immerse yourself in the romantic literature of nations that have managed to synthesize the intellect and strength.

If you feel more identified with a manly and passionate philosopher, then it would be good to immerse yourself in Italian literature. If you feel more identified with a passionate and brilliant general, then I suggest you immerse yourself in Spanish literature.
The "Italian route" will make things easier for you with women of Irish, German and Greek origin. The "Spanish route" will make things easier for you with women of French, Austrian and Polish origin.

------
The worthwhile things are often difficult to achieve because they require sacrifice and perseverance. I suggest taking the difficult road -but funny-
_Nemrod_Sep 19, 2018 12:30 PM

Sep 19, 2018 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Bambi said:
Is it possible you just come across loserish?

Well, I do have social anxiety, and I think my self-esteem may still be low.

@_Nemrod_

Learning how to dance...hmmm...I've never liked dancing. But if it helps me acquire friends, then I'll give it a try.
Reading Italian literature? Well, I'm trying to get back into reading, so that shouldn't be too hard.
Thanks.
removed-userSep 19, 2018 1:19 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

42 by SmugMiri »»
5 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 3 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

100 by SmugMiri »»
12 minutes ago

» External SSD

RudeRedis - 6 hours ago

6 by traed »»
29 minutes ago

» A primer on nerd culture

coolyfruity - 50 minutes ago

0 by coolyfruity »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Better to spend 30k/$ on a new car or an anime figure?

Dije - May 3, 2023

48 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.