Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2018 2:08 AM

May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched this today at the cinema.
Okada Mari-Kantoku, did an incredible job with this one. One of the most heart-warming anime I've seen about a relationship between mom and child(not blood related).
There were multiple scenes where i shed tears. I really loved how much Ariel changed and grew from since he was a baby. The scene where Maquia got to meet Ariel when he was a grandpa got me so hard. Saying goodbye to your son who ages normally while you're the same age(physically) ;_;
I personally would've liked a bit more detail about this whole world, but honestly explaining too much may ruin the whole premise and theme of the show, so I'm perfectly fine as is.
Very nice ending theme too!

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this movie. Honestly wouldn't mind paying 100 bucks to watch this in theaters again. Wasn't surprised by Shinkai Makoto's reaction to this movie as well. This anime movie was really well-made. Looking forward to more from Okada-kantoku in the future!
Feb 24, 2018 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
where can i find it
?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 24, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
where can i find it
?

In japanese cinemas curentelly.
Feb 24, 2018 7:48 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
where can i find it
?

so it'll take like 4 more months or so till the dvd/blurays and them getting subtitled to be out right?

Feb 24, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Swagernator said:

so it'll take like 4 more months or so till the dvd/blurays and them getting subtitled to be out right?

Yep, it's the same process as with all the anime movies.
Feb 24, 2018 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Yep, it's the same process as with all the anime movies.

ok I guess all i could do is wait, thx for the help.

Feb 24, 2018 10:30 AM

Mar 2013
How long was the movie, Kisaragi?
Feb 24, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
Mezo-RPWPA said:
where can i find it
?

Japanese cinemas aside, it premieres in Glasgow Film Festival (UK) on March 4th and then it will get a limited release in some UK cinemas. I don't know about other countries, though. US might get it, too. Maybe Germany/Italy/France.

SalemWitch said:
How long was the movie, Kisaragi?

According to Glasgow Film Festival page it's 2h.
Apr 22, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2010
my god, I should have known better than trust that Mari Okada has done something good after what she did to IBO... I used to like her early works but now it's just. too much. pointless suffering for the sake of suffering that has nothing to do with story or character growth. I was begging for it to end and it just wouldn't stop. And I usually cry at everything, and I love a good family story, but here I just didn't feel a single thing, except for desire for this to end. I'm probably sounding too negative but still I can only find good reviews on this and I expected it to be at least bearable but it was not bearable at all. I really wanted to like it and now I'm just in pain for my time and money spent, eeh. :(
Apr 23, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
My opinion of this movie is a week late, since it made its England debut in London's Prince Charles Cinema on the 16th and the screen was almost full of about 200+ viewers, myself included.

I really enjoyed Mari Okada's past works, including Anohana and NagiAsu, but her directorial debut here was a really great one. The story was filled with a lot of tension, drama and even some comedic moments that left the audience laughing often. =)

But the movie also did great in making you feel like you're within the world that the characters live in and feel their every emotion. It was really powerful...

Another two things I will praise to the ends of the earth are the visuals and the soundtrack. P.A Works knows how to make shows look pretty, as evident from the likes of Angel Beats! and Charlotte, but this movie simply blows those shows out of the water. The background detailing and setting are almost on a masterpiece level and the 3D CGI used was also really good as well, with the odd movements lacking smoothness at times, but was very rare though.

The soundtrack was simply a beast. The timing of the songs, whether it was for a happy scene or some of the full-on actions scenes was very well timed, but the final scene with Maquia is where the soundtrack was at its best. I knew what was coming, but the tears came anyway as the emotional delivery of the soundtrack and Maquia's VA was almost overwhelming.

I might go a watch the movie again when it comes out in general release in cinema on the 27th of June. It deserves another rewatch. =)
Apr 27, 2018 1:30 AM
Apr 2017
I watched this movie today and I must say that this is incredible work. I'm glad to see that it was released in Russia so quickly.
The most important thing I noticed after quiting the cinema - this movie was a real adventure. I felt exactly same feelings as Maquia and other characters; they were real for me. I understand their problems, feelings, thoughts. I passed this adventure with those characters and this was amazing.
Of course, there are a lot of some plot holes; some moments are didn't explained enough, but... I don't care much about it because the story is beautiful and touching.
I advice you to watch this movie as soon as possible.
May 12, 2018 4:52 AM

Oct 2008
Watched this today in Japan. I didn't expect as many war scenes as there were and it was unexpectedly dark in places (Leilia)...Overall really good. Maquia didn't have a mother, but she still managed to become one for someone else. There was not a dry eye in the theater at the end.
Aug 8, 2018 2:31 AM

Sep 2014
So I watched this in theater in Montreal and I must say that it was totally worth it. We absolutely loved this movie. It was the first time I've seen the complete audience sitting through the entirety of the credits until the very end of the movie before anyone leave the room. It's something I've not even see happening during Marvel movie presentation. It surely have something to do with how beautiful the ending song is.

But anyway, back to the movie: if you keep in mind that it's a movie from Mari Okada, you should expect some melodrama. Which I liked a lot for several reasons. Firstly this movie is not predictable. The story goes in numerous different direction which keep things refreshing until the very satisfying conclusion. The themes are also subtle. No character's motive is shoved down in your face and each characters have their own reasons in which the audience must understand themselves. It's this aspect that make me respect the movie for not taking me like an idiot by letting me analyzing situations and motivations by myself with the hints and the subtle theme or symbolism the movie introduced (While I know many would call them plot holes which, I think, is pretty stupid.) One other thing I also liked is that despite all the fantasy setting, the story still deal with real life emotions and situations which make the show really believable and the pay off really hit hard at some times. It's difficult to resist at all the emotions the movie throw at us. Even I who have no mother at all still feel and connect with the emotions of Maquia as a mother.

Even if the story might not be your type, it's hard to deny how spectacular the scenery truly are. It's just that beautiful and perfectly animated. I don't see often good looking animals moving and background characters detailed in anime. But here we're pleasantly served. The BGM is also amazingly good. We clearly see that the staff put their talents at their best and worked really hard to make this movie a phenomenon.

I would say go watch this movie if you have a chance and it's a must watch for those who love anime drama.
Aug 25, 2018 7:53 PM

Feb 2013
I actually watched this on an airplane-- I was looking forwards to it coming out, so definitely a pleasant surprise to find it there!

It feels weird to say, but as someone whose been following Mari Okada's works for a long time, this movie makes me really happy for her. It's definitely her really recognizable, sentimental style-- but placed in a format that in can reach more people. I really enjoyed this movie on its own also, and embarrassingly cried on the plane.
Aug 26, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2013
Took my mom with me to watch this, my mom doesnt watch anime, but she watches chinese drama and other things, so I have no idea what she was gonna think about the movie, but surprisingly, she liked it a lot. I enjoyed it myself. There is a dub coming out soon in theaters too if anyone is interested in watching it dub xD.
Aug 28, 2018 7:42 PM

Nov 2011
Where can I watch it with ENG SUB?
Aug 30, 2018 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Ls3h said:
Where can I watch it with ENG SUB?

You have to wait until the 26th of October.
Sep 19, 2018 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
watch this movie today it was amazing. Its a story about a mother and child touching story. this movie can show that Love can come in different ways and that LOVE is a powerful influence in life.👌❤️❤️❤️
freedom891Sep 19, 2018 6:22 AM
Sep 22, 2018 3:46 AM

Jun 2013
Luckily, they showed this at our local cinema with subtitles. The subtitles weren't perfect but they were good enough.

I cried towards the end when they showed an elderly Eriel with a young-looking Maquia and how his old hand could no longer grasp her finger/hand like he did when he was a newborn.

Barlow is probably my favorite character because he's mysterious and has encountered Maquia three times. I think he's the person that Eriel was referring to when he said 'She will find someone someday.' I highkey ship Barlow and Maquia.

I highly recommend this movie and I will definitely buy the Blu-Ray release!
臭い-
Oct 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Apr 2013
Will the bluray release this month have the english subs included or do I have to wait for the later us release?
Oct 21, 2018 11:17 AM

Nov 2009
Ninjapiratehobo said:
Will the bluray release this month have the english subs included or do I have to wait for the later us release?

English release is in December, the release this month is just Japanese.
Oct 22, 2018 2:11 PM

Sep 2009
I watched it dubbed today and it was overall a quite decent movie, but wasn't that satisfying in the end. Some moments weren't realised well (e.g. why did the dragon go crazy and then very conveniently go directly to Maquia just so that she could get dragged away, it was confusing), the dialogue felt like "HEY GUYS THIS IS A THEME WE'RE TRYING TO CONVEY" sometimes and there was awkward CGI that I felt clearly didn't belong in a movie like this. When I realised what this film was really about and continued watching it I kept feeling that Wolf Children (which I saw the week before) was much stronger thematically, and part of that is about letting your children go as well.

I appreciate that Ariel died of old age instead of in the battle because that would've got my eyes rolling and the entire ending sequence was good apart from the flashbacks being too long.

A pretty good dub all around. All the adults were voiced well (the kids needed some work), particularly Maquia (Xanthe Huynh) and Leilia (Cherami Leigh). The scene where Leilia broke down in the dressing room was probably my favourite scene in the movie.

Maquia and Barlow probably went off and increased the mystical race's numbers judging by the end card (though I couldn't look at it for long so maybe I'm wrong), but that's just a head canon. I also found it funny in a way that Barlow says, at the very end, that it was time to say goodbye to yet another person Maquia knows. That's life for an immortal.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Oct 25, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, so KajiKaji voices a character who is a friend to main girl.

This family love as a theme expressed between a human and immortal... confusing yet touching.
tsubasaloverNov 3, 2018 5:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2018 11:34 PM

Jun 2014
watch this with your mother on mother's day thanks, solid 10/10
Oct 29, 2018 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
I managed to watch this in a theater back in July, and I'm seriously glad I did. The animation is stunning, the characters are all decently interesting and intriguing, the theme of mother/child relationships was very well done, and the story, while a little all over the place sometimes, was touching and got me in the feels. Granted, I won't lie, the movie does have plenty of flaws (The Renato's plight was never explained, and Ariel meeting and then marrying his former bully came way out of the left field), but they don't detract my enjoyment of the movie. I'd totally show this to every one of my friends and family.

HOWEVER. There is, unfortunately, one scene near the end of the movie that absolutely infuriates me to no end.

Well, regardless, I'd much rather watch a flawed but still genuinely good movie than a straight up terrible movie overall. I'm still gonna show this to my friends and family when I get the chance.
Oct 29, 2018 7:46 PM
Jul 2016
Firechick12012 said:
I managed to watch this in a theater back in July, and I'm seriously glad I did. The animation is stunning, the characters are all decently interesting and intriguing, the theme of mother/child relationships was very well done, and the story, while a little all over the place sometimes, was touching and got me in the feels. Granted, I won't lie, the movie does have plenty of flaws (The Renato's plight was never explained, and Ariel meeting and then marrying his former bully came way out of the left field), but they don't detract my enjoyment of the movie. I'd totally show this to every one of my friends and family.

HOWEVER. There is, unfortunately, one scene near the end of the movie that absolutely infuriates me to no end.

Well, regardless, I'd much rather watch a flawed but still genuinely good movie than a straight up terrible movie overall. I'm still gonna show this to my friends and family when I get the chance.

Oct 30, 2018 5:39 AM

Oct 2015
This is movie is fucking good and make me crying in the end episode !!! Damn really want to hug my mother right now :'(
Oct 30, 2018 4:04 PM

Nov 2016
What an absolutely beautiful movie. Visuals and soundtrack knew to hook me right from the very beginning. And boy, the plot did so as well.

Once they mentioned the Clan of Partings and the implicated issues , I immediately knew that I was in for a feels trip and they did an awesome job at making me care for the relationship of Maquia and Ariel including all their cheerful moments and hardships. Coming of age stories are also a little weakness of mine, so that helped too.

Admittedly, Ariels and Ditas relationship was barely fleshed out, but the main theme was presented in an extremely fascinating way, so that the other aspects which fell a bit flat didn't bother me at all.

There were many scenes in this movie where I almost teared up or shed one or two tears. The ending, tho, the endingleft me speechless and I couldn't help, but tear up. Definitely my favorite anime movie atm.

9,5/10 from me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
I knew that Mari Okada wasn't going to disappoint me; this was so beautiful, so meaningful, and yet so heartbreaking that I can't even.

I liked how it realistically portrayed some of the hardships, and sides of being a single mom, like the difficulty to find a job, the judgment, having to be really strong in order to protect your kid, and above all loving your child unconditionally even when they distance themselves from you, because the bond will never be broken no matter what. I mean, when you are a loving parent who truly cared for your child like Maquia cared for Ariel. He was just a small, ephemeral life to her, she knew that raising him would bring her pain, but even so she still saved him, gave him love, prospects, and everything else.

I also liked the dragons, they reminded me of two beasts from another anime, which were enslaved, and used as a symbol of power for human convenience too, I felt so bad for them, and for Leilia too. She was torn apart from the man she loved, she was forced to get pregnant, and then she wasn't even allowed to stay with her daughter. They took her away from her, locked her in a tower, and in the end, her daughter didn't even recognize her... I guess that she still cared, but it was really sad. But I'm glad that Maquia, Leilia, the elder, and some others were able to reconstruct their village in the end. After all the pain, they still survived, and started again.

They had lost their touch with humanity, because as we could see, the different is only used and discarded. They crushed their home, but it wasn't to protect themselves from something like this that they were secluded, at least not only for this. They were afraid of meeting, and loving, because it's really painful to love something that death can touch. I mean, it's hard for us even when the time we have is limited, I can't imagine how hard it is for an immortal being. No, seriously, I loved this.

When Maquia went to see her son, Ariel, for one last time, I was already tearing up, then he said his last words, and she broke her promise making me break down in tears, I just can't with that kind of flashback, it kills me every single time I see something similar, when someone is remembering all of the moments they had shared with someone that they aren't going to see again.

Now, there were some stuff that I didn't like; the passage of time was a bit confusing, and hectic, just like the introduction of the other countries was too sudden, but all of this pales in comparison with everything that was done right here, I just can't!
FayrinOct 31, 2018 10:10 AM
Oct 30, 2018 4:51 PM

Jan 2016
I'm gonna say something
This is probably, most certainly, most likely the best anime movie I've ever seen and the best anime movie ever created.

It's a coming of age story crafted to near perfection and also a story about motherhood. It made me tear up multiple times during its 2 hours run. It also did something anime movies and animes, in general tend to fuck up, that being an ending so good that it left me speechless. Why? Because it stuck to the main theme of the movie until the end and made it satisfactory while still emotionally devastating.

The pacing was phenomenal, the emotional moments were timed to perfection and the characters feelings got through to the audience. This is the highest praise I can give to something, people might say that a few side characters weren't fleshed out enough and all but that was not the point of the movie and that's not what most movies can do. The side characters played their parts and did so well, they were necessary to the progression of the story and characters.

I can't write anymore, I'm lost for words honestly

EDIT: Wolf Children ain't got nothing on this
FireFistYKOct 30, 2018 5:00 PM
Oct 30, 2018 5:17 PM

Jan 2010
My emotion were all over the places and I just want to beat the shit out of the King & Prince.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2018 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
slym1234 said:
I have a question, that maybe some of you know the answer...
I don't know if it's that big of a spoiler but i gonna quote it.

Oct 30, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2016
That was magnificent. Absolutely beautiful in every single aspect. To say this is a masterpiece might be a understatement.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2018 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatched again after watching it during release in February, still wonderful. The ending was very bittersweet.

One thing I hated about Ariel is how he was being an asshole to Makia and that's the moment I cannot forget nor forgive him.

Simply too beautiful. Everytime I watch it, I shed manly tears at how much Makia sacrificed to raise that ungrateful brat but still didn't blame him at all when he decided to ditch her.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 31, 2018 12:40 AM

Feb 2017
The only thing that i "disliked" is the fact that maquia as well as each important support character were given so little character development.
All the time skips felt like "yes, that happend & you don't know what exactly transpired between that time"
For example: when maquia got captured.. dafuq happend to her and her life in all those years in the castle?
(sorry english is not my main language & i can't fully express myself)
tottojaOct 31, 2018 1:08 AM
Oct 31, 2018 4:47 AM

Jun 2017
slym1234 said:
Sinyan said:

yeah..i think my sub wasn't actualy that good....

same here on my sub, but i think the real meaning might be she (Maquia) are look like a pregnant woman who grow her hair. maybe it just some culture reference or idiom that lost on translation.
Oct 31, 2018 5:07 AM

Dec 2013
You're both referencing to same fansub that was posted on that site 2 days ago. There won't be better release till US BD (*February but apparently Amazon UK is scheduled for December).

Well, sub itself was quite good actually. Except that line above. I also think that he probably just said "you resemble pregnant woman" or smth like that. Who knows?
Oct 31, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Idk what subs are you guys on, but my official one says this

What that dude means is when Makia grew out her hair, she resembled those who were pregnant because of how those pregnant tend to grow out their hair too. Further confirmation can be made by the fact that the only child that was mentioned was Leila's child. I don't know what's so hard to understand.
JiharoOct 31, 2018 8:36 AM
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 31, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
Jiharo said:
Idk what subs are you guys on

English fansub. They released it 2 days ago.

Jiharo said:
What that dude means is when Makia grew out her hair, she resembled those who were pregnant because of how those pregnant tend to grow out their hair too. Further confirmation can be made by the fact that the only child that was mentioned was Leila's child. I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Thank you for your confirmation. In that case, that translation was technically correct... just ambiguous wording ("you must be" /=/ "you are" but that was still a bit confusing).

Anyways, it was 8.5/10 movie for me.
I can't rate it any higher due to pacing issues. Especially that timeskip near the end... it was just weird. I didn't even notice the moment when Ariel get a wife. Actually, they didn't show this... at all?

Btw, this actually should be lower than ~8.5, but the visuals were just so damn good.
Oct 31, 2018 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
I only regret actually reading an article and some commentaries prior to seeing the animation. I will never made this mistake again and my judgement shall remake unbiased, uninfluenced. Yet it is in my hopes to believe that even now it was spared of needless thought prior and beyond the animation. Thus, I believe my judgement of this masterpiece to be fair.
Re:formed
Oct 31, 2018 7:02 PM

Jan 2017
Don't mind me, I'll just be over here ugly crying for the next three weeks. In my car. In my bed. In the shower.

Oct 31, 2018 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
That was something truly beautiful and incredibly heartwarming. I don't know if there's much more one needs to say about it.
Nov 1, 2018 12:32 AM

May 2017
This show tricked me, I thought Ariel would die old but with Maquia, but I love the plot twist, didn't expect Dita would make comeback like that lol epic comeback, NTR galore but seriously just as about as I was to ship Maquia with Ariel when he was about to leave then comes Dita and I'm like well this ship is way better and from then on I shipped Ariel to Dita hard, I was so worried when either one of the three including their baby could die in that war thank god for Maquia who's conveniently walk to their house lol, how dafuq can Ariel leave his pregnant wife in a war that close to his house lol but whatever it's all good

Also wtf is up with what Krim stated while cutting Maquia's hair that she's pregnant? Who's the father? Lang? Krim? The shitty royal?

Lastly, Leilia finally met her daughter only to leave her smfh and in the hands of conquerors, like how is she so sure that the conquerors won't be harsh in the royals? Same thing with Ariel, he just left Dita alone to go to war lol when the war is close enough to his house that Maquia just casually reached it by walking SMFH

Still a great watch tho, would've been a 9 for me if only they gave some resolutions to my questions

If this was supposed to be a drama, it did a piss poor job, I didn't cry one bit, but I score everything on enjoyment and potential and I like the plot also that plot twist, heck I came for some tragic story and that's kinda what I got so

8/10
LairucremNov 1, 2018 12:44 AM
Nov 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
Sinyan said:
slym1234 said:
I have a question, that maybe some of you know the answer...
I don't know if it's that big of a spoiler but i gonna quote it.

As someone who's seen the movie in theaters, I think I can clear up the whole Krim saying Maquia resembles a pregnant woman thing. I remember the subtitles clearly saying that Iorph women are only allowed to grow their hair out after they've had kids, so I doubt Krim was saying Maquia looked pregnant because of her hair length. I assumed he was cutting her hair because she went against Iorph tradition by growing her hair out despite never having had a biological child.
Nov 1, 2018 12:13 PM
Apr 2016
Firechick12012 said:
Sinyan said:

As someone who's seen the movie in theaters, I think I can clear up the whole Krim saying Maquia resembles a pregnant woman thing. I remember the subtitles clearly saying that Iorph women are only allowed to grow their hair out after they've had kids, so I doubt Krim was saying Maquia looked pregnant because of her hair length. I assumed he was cutting her hair because she went against Iorph tradition by growing her hair out despite never having had a biological child.
The whole thing is probably a translation misconception. They way it was worded in available online subtitled version drew pregnancy parallels in a way that did not employ the word "like", so there was no clear comparison between the two. I was also left wondering for a minute or two before remembering all the other mistakes in the subtitles.
Re:formed
Nov 1, 2018 4:25 PM

May 2015
A splendid, beautiful and emotional movie about, what is essentially in its core, motherhood. Needless to say, the animation was top-notch, and the visuals were absolutely a piece of art; a treat to the eyes and something you could daze at in awe. The high production values were evident. They put so much love and effort into it. I think it's safe to say that it even rivals Kimi no Na wa. in terms of visuals and animation quality. P.A. Works surely outdid themselves.

As for the content, I think they did a great job in taking us through the growth and life of Maquia and Ariel. Sure they introduced characters that didn't get a lot of focus in the end, conflicts that seemed unnecessary, and so forth, but in the end, they were all part of the central point of the movie: motherhood. It's not easy to raise a child, you have to give up everything for it, it's sometimes frustrating. But in the end, it's all worth it. It's your child, your treasure. Precious memories. The movie managed to depict just that and executed it in just the perfect way. I had moments I got teary, and that ending eventually got to me. Viator is also a really beautiful song.

A great directorial debut for Mari Okada. She's outdone herself. She managed to channel her feelings of her troubled past, and crafted an evocative movie. Hopefully we can see her do more than just writing scripts in the future.

10/10.
ReverberateNov 1, 2018 4:32 PM

Nov 1, 2018 4:27 PM

Feb 2018
Maquia being alone...
Nov 2, 2018 1:22 AM

Dec 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Firechick12012 said:

The whole thing is probably a translation misconception. They way it was worded in available online subtitled version drew pregnancy parallels in a way that did not employ the word "like", so there was no clear comparison between the two. I was also left wondering for a minute or two before remembering all the other mistakes in the subtitles.

Well, it was an amateur work of single person, so it lacked editing and stuff.
You could guess what they mean from the context though.
Nov 2, 2018 3:17 AM

Apr 2017
Finally got around to watching this, since no one wanted to go to the cinema with me.

I usually have stuff to say about anime I've watched, but I finished this movie less than a minute ago, and all I can say is that I cried. A lot.
I wasn't expecting to cry that much, I thought this would just be something I can appreciate for the story without putting much feeling into it. But MAN I seriously cried. This was beautiful.

EDIT: I don't know why I didn't notice that Mari Okada was involved in the creation of this movie, it makes sense. I'm not a fan of a lot of her works but I can safely say that this is one of her best.
GlowingAuraNov 2, 2018 3:26 AM
Nov 2, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2017
Why am I so offended while watching this?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ariel x maquia anyone? ( 1 2 )

Shiyuru99 - Nov 1, 2018

57 by removed-user »»
May 30, 11:14 PM

» Only reason it isn't perfect.

Kamikoto_kl - Apr 18, 2022

5 by shuffle_017 »»
Jan 20, 8:00 AM

» Question about krim

Bruhdotmp3 - Apr 9, 2022

3 by shuffle_017 »»
Jan 20, 7:56 AM

» "Let's Decorate the Morning of Farewells with the Promised Flowers"

MinhQuan_Luu - Nov 4, 2018

3 by Obakezoku »»
Aug 13, 2023 8:04 AM

» Questions about Half-Iorph

Kyyo - Nov 7, 2021

5 by ikasamatensai »»
Jun 29, 2023 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.