Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this series' finale felt like a mindfuck for most parts. I do like how they are trying to do it more differently than some of the other episodes though.

I think the ending was okay, everything is normal again after going through what seemingly looked like hell. And Kuro finally found his place in their world.
Sep 20, 2016 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
How servamp is getting destroyed is releasing the smoke. Kuro vs. Tsubaki guy. Sword rain... Kakkii's character trying to stop main guy from going to Kuro, but he insists on going. The lab people came to the rescue.

The green hair subclass also involved by saving main guy, and main guy unlocking Tsubaki guy's memory. They defeated him but kept him alive. He released all his subclass. The part after everything is done... Kuro is cute trying to get near that white cat.

Looking back ep.9 with cast comments next week.
tsubasaloverSep 20, 2016 9:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
another series whose whole point was to showcase "cool" characters with "unique" personalities and nothing else, and of course failed miserably

3/10 cause I kinda liked the op
Sep 20, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
So...that's it? That was pretty damn rushed and lousy as an ending. So is hedgehog dead or not? If not, why not? Whatever, honestly don't even care. Which sums up my feeling regarding this series pretty well. Very little to say or comment on here. This series was mildly interesting at first, but by the end I finished it just to finish it. I partly blame myself. I knew it was unlikely I'd care much about this going in but I still tried it. Oh well, 5/10. It'll be quickly forgotten.
Sep 20, 2016 8:50 AM
Apr 2015
samesdday said:
another series whose whole point was to showcase "cool" characters with "unique" personalities and nothing else, and of course failed miserably

Hey, Tsubaki and his subclass were "cool". That's the thing that they got right. The OP was good.

I think that's about it... Disappointed.

BTW, what about the manga? Still ongoing?
Sep 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
well this did not seem like a finale..... Encore Encore ............................................ want more.... Want more
Sep 20, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2015
Tsubaki is just totally gone mad for his revenge. At least he can let it loose to Sakuya and his other sub-class.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 20, 2016 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
Very abrupt finale, Tsubaki's change of heart came out of nowhere. I guess they just wanted to wrap things up for the sake of it, Lot of unanswered questions like pointed out above regarding Hyde and other things like the people who saved the magician servamp. How Mahiru's weapon transformed into a key. Even the flashback felt very rushed and didn't really do anything more than paint Tsubaki as a vengeful antagonist.
Episode 10 and 11 were by far leaps and bounds ahead of our finale.

Overall, I don't really have much to say regarding this show. Started out very typical and there was nothing really special about it, I guess you could say the show tried to make all the characters look cool and badass and I can say they didn't completely succeed on that, They had their moments, I'll give them that. Characterization on Lawless and Licht was also much better than our main duo. Other than that the show was pretty average throughout save for the last quarter minus our finale which were pretty good. Nothing exceptional story wise as well but at least you could follow it with decent clarity unlike a certain other show this season.Looking at you Taboo Tattoo

6/10, Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season but if there isn't one then that's cool too.
Sep 20, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2015
Well, I really like this show. But I have to agree. The 'end' was kinda disappointing. The 'hug of forgiveness' solves everything and a lot of question marks are left behind.

Who was this sensei? Why did he do what he did? What happens to Sakuya? What about the servamp research facility? What will Tsubaki do now?

I assume this was an anime original ending. Sadly we can't go read the manga because there are like 10 chapters scanlated by now.
Sep 20, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2016
I guess all he needed was a hug huh.
I don't really know how to feel I thought it was alright, there were some good things and some plot holes here and there but eh it was pretty good I guess.
Sep 20, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2014
This is another series that falls victim to the "gotta wrap up the entire plot in ONE season" thus they just slap all the "cool" moments to your face and forget the important progress and DETAILS.

There were lots of question like who created the Servamp? Seriously, WHO IS HE? He is one of the main plot points yet they threw him out of the way. Why did he hide Tsubaki (he seemed pretty upset about that)? I'm sure he said something to Sleepy Ash at the last moment so why are they pretending like he never said shit? Why does Misono dislike his brother? There have some beef between them and Lilly proved they hid something VERY IMPORTANT from the "Eve", what was it?

Don't get me started on Tsubaki's bullshit ending! He had a change of heart OFF SCREEN?? O_O ???? OMFG! No! This is a crime an anime should NOT DO! Never turn a villain good OFF SCREEN! And a million ass question you should insert here cause there are a lot to ask.

It would have been nice if they fleshed out the characters more. Honestly, they didn't even introduce the last 2 of the cardinal sin members to the main character yet like????? I wanted to learn more about the side characters yet we got none of that.

They should change the title from "Servamp" to "Rushed" cause that what it was.

4 or 5/10

The show is a mess but I don't hate it. I enjoyed it to a certain degree.
Died_in_VainSep 20, 2016 10:16 AM
Sep 20, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Mahiru and Kuro defeated Tsubaki and let him live.
Sep 20, 2016 10:31 AM
Apr 2013
I don't even know what to say to this...as everyone said here, rushed ending. If they're going to make it like this, it would have been better to make it at least 24 or 22 episodes instead of skipping some things. I don't understand why the studio chose it this way...(TT_TT)

I demand a reboot for this series! Even if I have to wait for years!

Fr3aKk said:
samesdday said:

Hey, Tsubaki and his subclass were "cool". That's the thing that they got right. The OP was good.

I think that's about it... Disappointed.

BTW, what about the manga? Still ongoing?

Yup, the manga is still ongoing. Currently there are 58 chapters.
Sep 20, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
Well another anime with another disappointing ending how did Mahiru weapon transform into a key? Tsubaki just had a change of mind randomly and decided to let all his sub-classes go. What about Hyde shouldn't he be dead? Overall 5/10.
Sep 20, 2016 11:27 AM
Feb 2016
I actually quite enjoyed the ending. I mean, coming from someone who reads the manga, I can't excuse that it is being rushed, they even skipped out Lily's predicament and the explanation for the 'death' of Servamp.

Basically, for those who don't know, when the item that their Eve gave them broke, their jin (something like Chakra/lifeforce/power) will be leaked which explains the white smoky things. And in the manga, it was explained blah blah continued ect.

But I can't say I don't appreciate this ending. It feels rushed, yes but yet I feel extremely comforted by it. Not all characters are flashed out evenly but I'm really happy about the Sloth pair and Greed pair and Tsubaki with his crew. AND SOME OF THE SCENES REALLY CREEPS ME OUT. *laughs*
Sep 20, 2016 11:47 AM
Feb 2015
the ending was kinda...meh, Tsubaki's been looking for the key that conveniently mahiru has somehow, Hyde nearly dies, them random dudes from earlier show up, we get a smidgen of Tsubaki's backstory and get a nudge in the direction of why tsubaki is so messed up but not enough to ACTUALLY explain things..the whole thing was very hard to follow and it felt like they just slapped a conclusion on an unfinished anime
Sep 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
What an underwelming finale, really dissapointed here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest, I wanted to like this show but in the end I never could. 3/10
Sep 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2014
This show was so boring and it really didn't manage to do anything slightly memorable. I was hoping I would get some nice action scenes, so much for that, the characters were all boring and unmemorable, the story was a dumb mess, the animation wasn't anything special, the villain was stupid and edgy, the ending sucked ass. I'm still not sure why I even watched this. Overall, this was a forgettable snorefest.

2/10 because I liked Kuro
:3
Sep 20, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Literally skimmed through every scene that didn't have kuro being a little kitty. 3/10
Sep 20, 2016 2:49 PM
Jun 2016
i agree with previous posts, the ending felt absolutely rushed, completely random and left a lot of questions unanswered...
it seems to me the producers simply lost interest and decided to resolve every possible conflict in the last 10 minutes of the series, leaving us with an unsatisfactory happy ending. that was what pissed me off the most: one more episode would have made things a lot better by providing time to show what happened with tsubaki etc...
still, i did enjoy the series until that point (mostly because of the sloth and greed pairs, but lets be honest, we all came for kuro) and would like to see the previously only mentioned characters to be introduced properly, with a more complex backstory like the greed pair's. i was also interested in C3 and was disappointed to only meet them again as a 'deus ex machina' in the last episode instead of continuing the plot they started in one of the first episodes...
so i would like a second season, but if it's gonna be as lazily executed and written as this one, i think i will read the manga instead...
Sep 20, 2016 2:52 PM

Jun 2015
The show was boring and disappointing. Tsubaki's laugh was getting on my nerves. The ending was terrible. 4/10
Sep 20, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2015
Well, that was a disappointment. I wasn't really expecting much but oh well.
Sep 20, 2016 4:51 PM
Apr 2015
Well that was a terrible ending. The show was fine when it stayed true to the manga, but every time it diverged or tried to take its own spin on things, which is the majority of the time, it failed. Now, all we're left with is a mediocre series with a deluge of plot holes that were nonexistent in the manga. It's a shame, since this could have been so much better if it had just stayed faithful to the source material.

One of the things I liked about the manga was its exploration of the underlying natures of the seven "sins": Lust isn't something that we need to be ashamed of; it's okay to be greedy. What we regard as "sins" don't necessarily need to be construed as bad. But the anime staff completely missed this point with its over-focus on introducing character after character and attempts to highlight points it thought would sell, at the expense of telling a cohesive story. The result is a mess of a show that has few redeeming points.

I'd give this a 4/10, but since they did adapt the Greed arc without completely butchering it like everything else, I'll compromise with a 5/10.

For anyone interested in how the real story actually goes, the anime begins deviating badly right after the Sakuya arc, so it's best to pick up at chapter 10. Yes, that's right. As early as chapter 10. It also left out probably the most important part of chapter 5, which tells us why the hell Mahiru and co. were after Tsubaki as well as the appearance of the other Servamps.

tl;dr: For the actual story, read chapter 5, and then start at chapter 10.
Sep 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
Servamp was weird, but for the most part I enjoyed it. Downside is, however, that this ending felt really underwhelming. And a shit ton of unanswered questions that will likely remain unanswered.

And as a result of that I think I'll drop my score for it by a point or two. Now to wait until a week or two before the better version of this series (Bungou Stray Dogs) starts airing again. (Similar elements encompass both of them (Fujoshi-baiting character designs, weirdly placed comedy, random references to literature), even if the plot-line to the two shows are different)

7/10. Never dropped the score for a series by two points when it ended since Comet Lucifer.
Sep 20, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2007
BPDR said:
Well that was a terrible ending. The show was fine when it stayed true to the manga, but every time it diverged or tried to take its own spin on things, which is the majority of the time, it failed. Now, all we're left with is a mediocre series with a deluge of plot holes that were nonexistent in the manga. It's a shame, since this could have been so much better if it had just stayed faithful to the source material.

If it had stayed true to the manga though it would have no ending at all. Bring back the era of the anime original endings over the "go read the manga" endings I say.
Sep 20, 2016 5:28 PM
Apr 2015
BlackTelomeres said:
BPDR said:

If it had stayed true to the manga though it would have no ending at all. Bring back the era of the anime original endings over the "go read the manga" endings I say.

I'm not against original endings. Done right, they can offer closure to a series and can lead into another season or serve as an appropriate ending if there isn't one.

The problem with Servamp isn't its original ending. It's that half the adaptation leading up to the ending was butchered in a way that gave rise to plot holes rather than settling them.
Sep 20, 2016 5:38 PM

Oct 2007
BPDR said:

The problem with Servamp isn't its original ending. It's that half the adaptation leading up to the ending was butchered in a way that gave rise to plot holes rather than settling them.

Sadly I suppose the studio just didn't take the care necessary when doing the adaption.
Sep 20, 2016 6:45 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty messy. Tsubaki and Miharu are both pretty lame. If not for Kuro-the-crazy-cute-cat and Licht & Hyde, I would have never completed this.

Still, if the manga is better than the anime then I might not mind checking it out. 6/10
Sep 20, 2016 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Despite the ending, I still enjoyed the series in all honesty. Yes rather big disappointing but it was still enjoyable of an series for the most part, at least in my personal opinion.
Sep 20, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2016
I liked the Anime; the first few episodes started out great and then it did start to feel a bit rushed. It would've felt less rushed if it was 25 episodes long that way we'd see more of the characters and story develop.
I think the manga is still ongoing, so there may be a second season that may come out at some point in the future to explain more on Servamps, where they came from and introduce Gluttony and Wrath properly as well as see more of Envy and his eve.
Overall, it's a good watch and quite enjoyable, but does skip over a lot of things and leaves a lot of questions left unanswered at the end.
Sep 20, 2016 11:35 PM
Sep 2016
This had so much potential! If only they followed the manga...
I still liked the anime adaptation, if only because some of my favourite manga characters were featured.

All in all, could have been better, but i still enjoyed it for what it was.
Sep 21, 2016 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
Well fuck me sideways that ending was some rushed and disappointing shit.
Sep 21, 2016 12:23 AM

Jun 2008
samesdday said:

Totally agree with you. I expected some good action packed anime that had the potential to be somewhat unique but I got none of that. Just another disappointing anime. 04/10
Sep 21, 2016 1:03 AM

Sep 2013
Sooooooo glad this thing is over. It had way too many characters and the story just kind of rambled. Also, at the beginning of the ED, I hate the goofy smile the main character does. Like, wtf is he so damn happy about? ugh...I wanna punch him. And roll down your frigging pants legs....ugh!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 21, 2016 2:26 AM

Jul 2014
Well, I wasn't expecting anything much in the first place. Every season there's that one show with a garbage plot but pretty characters and good seiyuus that I always watch just for that, and this season's was Servamp.
7/10 because I liked Misono and most of the "good" guys except the MC.
Sep 21, 2016 3:19 AM

May 2014
Even if the execution was weak sometimes,the concept of 7 deadly sins as servant vampires is interesting and most characters were likable.The animation was nice and I really liked the opening and ending.

Not bad,I enjoyed this series overall - 6/10.I guess I'll go read the manga.
Sep 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
the series could have been better, they wasted potential (imo).

nobody knew anything about Tsubaki, no one has visited him until he had decided to draw attention to themselves. So a simple hug or "hey, we accept you" saves the day. Thats the story. A somewhat different end, but not great imo.

a few more details/anwers and character depth would have been nice. Whatever, it was entertaining for me.

7/10
Sep 21, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 when!!!!
Sep 21, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
I really enjoyed the anime but... the fuck with this final episode? I felt so rushed!

I guess is time to continue reading the manga. I've been told that here in the anime they even cut and entire arc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2016 2:43 AM
Dec 2011
Oh, so the anime didn't follow the manga? I don't really care and wasn't expecting much from the show. I only started watching it because I like the vampire themes. Though, I have to admit the direction was pretty well done in some scenes.

Overall 7/10. It will never get a second season whether it stayed true to the manga or not since it's a Brain Base anime anyways lol
Sep 22, 2016 4:39 AM
Mar 2012
So if talking, ubwing rain & going lion berserk doesn't solve it, just manhug.
Wrapped up, messy, unfinished, rushed Tsubaki backstory & change. Assuming bat & Hyde semi-ok. Spider nurse vanished (or became that cat?), Tsubaki free.
Kinda liked the subplot of Simpleman & Sakuya's tragic family, Licht & Hyde was really nice.
Sometimes overboard, but poetic quotes & cool visuals were fun.
Sep 22, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
Well little bit disappointed with the "quick wrap" ending, but it wasnt terrible compared to some. Overall really enjoyed the anime though and really enjoying the quality of the manga so i feel once i catch up to the anime manga wise ill probably be happier with this ending as far as the anime goes.
Sep 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
mhm it was okay ....but close to be dropp worthy

6/10
Sep 22, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
Hmmm... so they run out of money and combined 2 episodes in one instead of making a 13th, or what? Such an abrupt end... it reminds me of the 2006-2010 anime... there where quite a lot ending like that, making some space for a second season and then never getting continued - I still cough blood when I think about 7 Ghosts.
What the heck happened with Tsubaki? I would had liked a backstory for the other important subclasses too... and did they survive? Oh so many questions... I am going to go and search for the manga again. I remember that the translation was really slow.. like a chapter per year. Maybe now that it got an anime the translation will get faster. Hopes for a second season honestly I don't have. I had check the sales, and they where a disaster. It seem that the yandere/mad peoples level of this anime wasn't very atractive for the fujioshi... not even with that gay ending.
Sep 22, 2016 4:42 PM
Dec 2008
This must have been the very best performance of Kaji Yuki of anything he ever did.
Sep 22, 2016 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Overall I enjoyed the anime.....the ending....was....confusing....but I still liked it.

7/10
Sep 22, 2016 5:10 PM

Jun 2016
eeeeeee.// WTF!??!?!? A hug and thats it?? I am waiting the end of an anime to rate, and thanks to that ""ending" this anime just lost a couple grade!

honestly I dont know what to think of this series. The anime is bad. Bad!
But I get the feeling the manga might be good because the characters are interserting -once you get to know their back story- and the universe would probably be a lot more enjoyable if all the dynamics were explaned!!!

But since the anime left me with a bitter taste, i dont know if I want to go out of my way to read the manga! Someone tell me if its worth it?^^
Sep 22, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
I felt like I was one of the few people who thought 'awwwww' by the hug. Maybe I'm just a big softy or something, but I liked the forgiveness and letting shit go. This show just felt like it was all about forgiveness and letting shit go, moving on and trying to be a better person---just with vampires and fighting.

Licht and Lawless were my favorite characters by far. I want more of those two.
Sep 22, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2015
I was liking series. It seemed like it was going somewhere. Until this episode.... Can it even be considered a conclusion?
And wtf happen to Tsubaki. One hug and everything is okay......?? I'm so confused and disappointed.
Seriously, wtf??
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Servamp Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

54 by YamiTuTu »»
Nov 19, 2023 5:15 PM

» Those who liked it, let's talk.

Sch4n - Jun 3, 2023

11 by MoonLightStory »»
Jun 13, 2023 4:49 PM

» The secondary character of Servamp (Kuro) has an excellent design

Elfezen - Dec 14, 2018

1 by britmiche »»
Apr 17, 2023 11:12 PM

Poll: » Servamp Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2016

24 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Poll: » Servamp Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2016

30 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 21, 2022 6:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.