Forum Settings
Forums

How important is anime in your everyday life?

New
Aug 1, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2014
For last seven to eight years, I've watched anime almost everyday(sometimes even in exam times). It has become a thing now for me, like eating. For everybody else around me it might be weird but its normal for me to spend most of my time just watching and discussing anime.
So how is it for you guys?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 1, 2016 2:33 AM

Feb 2013
anime is my everyday life
pls help ;-;
Aug 1, 2016 2:35 AM
Aug 1, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2012
I'm just getting back into anime & manga after a pretty long time away from it, but I can definitely say I can go without talking about it, or can go a day or two without watching it, but I don't like to.

I've also found a few friends that are into anime and my boyfriend watches it so it's starting to settle into my life more lmao.

It's also 2:36am and I've been watching anime since 10pm so I mean I don't know maybe it is taking over.

" as long as i'm here,
you're invincible
"

because i don't follow
threads, quote me if you
want me to see something.

ANIME LIST
MANGA LIST
CRUNCHYROLL
Aug 1, 2016 2:36 AM

Apr 2016
I want to get over this addiction :( but i can't :(
Aug 1, 2016 2:39 AM

Sep 2012
I watch it every now and then when I see something interesting, but I'd rather do something else most of the time.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 1, 2016 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
shintai88 said:
Currently not so much, Watching Adventure time.

oh god why!! those new cartoonnetwork new shows oh god!!
Aug 1, 2016 2:47 AM

Jul 2016
Not that important, to be honest.

It's just another form of entertainment for me. I've been more into playing video games as of late than watching anime/tv shows.
Aug 1, 2016 2:47 AM
May 2009
marcobarca said:
shintai88 said:
Currently not so much, Watching Adventure time.

Wanted something different to watch, after Rick and Morty and Venture Bros. (really good these two).

And some site recommended adventure time so thought why not check out season 1 if its enjoyable I will watch the rest so far its.................... not as good as R&M and VB.
Aug 1, 2016 2:59 AM

Jul 2014
shintai88 said:
Wanted something different to watch, after Rick and Morty and Venture Bros. (really good these two).

Rick and Morty is awesome. I love that show.
Aug 1, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2014
romagia said:
anime is my everyday life
pls help ;-;

Nobody here can help us.

RoyTF said:
I want to get over this addiction :( but i can't :(

Shit, even now I don't want to accept it as an addiction.....lol
Aug 1, 2016 3:07 AM

May 2016
Very important tho its importance has waned a bit since DARK SOULS 3 CAME OUT THIS YEAR!.
Aug 1, 2016 3:07 AM

Jul 2014
Avilo said:
Not that important, to be honest.

It's just another form of entertainment for me. I've been more into playing video games as of late than watching anime/tv shows.

For me too. I sometimes also get too much into movies or tv shows or dramas. But I still always manged to watch then season's shows regularly.
I waste most of my fuckin' time....xD
Aug 1, 2016 3:12 AM

Jul 2015
shintai88 said:
marcobarca said:

And some site recommended adventure time so thought why not check out season 1 if its enjoyable I will watch the rest so far its.................... not as good as R&M and VB.

well,if u want some not good shows watch uncle grandpa lul there is a tiger that shits rainbows :DD watched an ep with my cousin
Aug 1, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
haneuri said:
I'm just getting back into anime & manga after a pretty long time away from it, but I can definitely say I can go without talking about it, or can go a day or two without watching it, but I don't like to.

For me too it is mostly for the fact that I don't like to but after giving in to all the urges, it became easy to fit anime(and other things that I watch) into my schedule(which is non-existent). I also don't talk about anime much, very few of my friends watch anime(they're all beginners), so all in all its just my lust for more stories...lol
Aug 1, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2016
Anime is almost everything to me but I still can stay without watching anime for 3-6 days 'cause sometimes I get bored from anime so I just take a little break.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 3:16 AM

Jul 2014
Korrvo said:
I watch it every now and then when I see something interesting, but I'd rather do something else most of the time.

Good for you, buddy. I was like that too at some time ...lol... :)
Aug 1, 2016 3:22 AM
May 2009
Ka-sh-iro said:
shintai88 said:

Rick and Morty is awesome. I love that show.

I know season 3 is going to start this august can't wait to see how rick escapes.
I ended up watching Venture Bros because of Rick and Morty. Started off weird but actually got a lot better.
Aug 1, 2016 3:24 AM
May 2009
marcobarca said:
shintai88 said:

well,if u want some not good shows watch uncle grandpa lul there is a tiger that shits rainbows :DD watched an ep with my cousin

Will check it and see if it will be interesting. If not will have to revert back to Anime. Got 2 season so completed stuff to catch up on now :)
Aug 1, 2016 3:31 AM
Jul 2016
If i'm not watching anime either i'm reading JP WN/LN, playing games, doing something IT related or just plain surfing the Net. So not that important so many things to do so little time.
Aug 1, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
1-2 years ago I was watching like 5-10 episode per day, now I'm watching 1 ep per day. Anime is important part of my entire life, but now I got a little break.
"/nh sor"
- Klocuch
Aug 1, 2016 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
Ka-sh-iro said:
Korrvo said:

Other way around for me. I used to watch it obsessively like a job but I ended up getting burnt out on it pretty badly. Took me a year before I even looked at Jap stuff again.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 1, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
I think I'm in the phase of my life where I want to watch anime, but just don't. I spent more time browsing my list and reading articles on MAL than actually watching anime. Before I would binge watch, now I don't even watch it everyday and usually no more than 3 eps per day.
Aug 1, 2016 3:53 AM

Jun 2011
To the point where I tried to have a conversation yesterday with a normal person... and... I made a reference to Dragon Ball Z thinking they would at least know that one... and they didn't... and then I didn't know what else to compare my shit to.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 1, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2015
80% of my day consists in either watching anime or talk about anime, so yeah...
Aug 1, 2016 3:59 AM

Jul 2014
OneSexyBear said:
I think I'm in the phase of my life where I want to watch anime, but just don't. I spent more time browsing my list and reading articles on MAL than actually watching anime. Before I would binge watch, now I don't even watch it everyday and usually no more than 3 eps per day.

Omg I thought I was the only one like this. Mte.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Aug 1, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
Korrvo said:
Ka-sh-iro said:

Other way around for me. I used to watch it obsessively like a job but I ended up getting burnt out on it pretty badly. Took me a year before I even looked at Jap stuff again.

I was like that for the same reason too, it was majorly because the things that I saw were repeating or similar ones so I was losing interest hence I also took 5-6 months break but once I got back I have never stopped...lol
Aug 1, 2016 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
Anime took something like 90% of my free time during the whole 2015 and I would watch at least 10-12 episodes a day easily but as of this year I am watching a lot less, still watch daily but not as much as before. Thankfully I got back into comics as of lately and that brought in more diversity in my hobbies which was much needed IMO, watching and reading anime/manga most of my free time was bound to burn me out eventually.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Aug 1, 2016 4:31 AM

Nov 2009
Ka-sh-iro said:
For last seven to eight years, I've watched anime almost everyday(sometimes even in exam times). It has become a thing now for me, like eating. For everybody else around me it might be weird but its normal for me to spend most of my time just watching and discussing anime.
So how is it for you guys?

Anime isn't the only thing I do in my free time (it shares with computer games and tabletop RPGs), but it's an important part of it. Helps me to remain mentally stable, moderately happy and not killing people.
Aug 1, 2016 4:38 AM

Mar 2016
It's basically part of my daily routine. I try to a least watch 5 anime episodes daily.
Aug 1, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
flannan said:

Anime isn't the only thing I do in my free time (it shares with computer games and tabletop RPGs), but it's an important part of it.

For me too. Watching anime isn't the only thing that I do too but it surely take most of my time.

flannan said:
. Helps me to remain mentally stable, moderately happy and not killing people.

Same here dude. *digital fistbump*
Aug 1, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
BigBoss said:
Anime took something like 90% of my free time during the whole 2015 and I would watch at least 10-12 episodes a day easily but as of this year I am watching a lot less, still watch daily but not as much as before. Thankfully I got back into comics as of lately and that brought in more diversity in my hobbies which was much needed IMO, watching and reading anime/manga most of my free time was bound to burn me out eventually.

True. I sort of do the same thing when I feel that it's burning me out, I start watching more movies and TV shows or start reading in that period of time and reducing my everyday anime time.
Aug 1, 2016 4:45 AM

Apr 2014
not important one bit, i have other priorities, anime is just a form of entertainment to keep me busy when i feel bored.

its not like my life depends on it.
Aug 1, 2016 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
orosan said:
not important one bit, i have other priorities, anime is just a form of entertainment to keep me busy when i feel bored.

its not like my life depends on it.

You must have a pretty good life then(..unlike me...(-_-).....lol )
Anway good for you mate. :)
Aug 1, 2016 6:20 AM

Mar 2016
I watch it every moment i can like when im waiting for queues , eating , even before tests people are studying and i am watching anime. or else im just daydreaming and using my computer ==
Aug 1, 2016 6:28 AM

Feb 2016
I watch animes when I know that I have nothing to do or anything planned
Aug 1, 2016 6:30 AM

Nov 2015
Usually, I watch at least 2-3 episodes per day. I stop every now and then whenever I have exams though. Sometimes, I binge watch a whole series when I'm on break. Basically, I just watch when I have nothing better to do.

I'm Mei
i love bunnies 2 death
and pixels

Aug 1, 2016 6:48 AM

Feb 2015
i watch anime everyday even only 1,2 or 3 episode, i will always still watch anime.
Aug 1, 2016 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
I mostly watch when I'm alone.I always check the anime seasons I choose some shows and I watch them once a week.I don't really marathon shows like I used to because I'm bored and I prefer to do more things in my free time rather than just watching anime.
Aug 1, 2016 6:54 AM
Aug 1, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 2016
I spend most of my free time on watching anime, for most of normal people this might be weird, but for me it became casual thing
I feel uncomfortable after anime watching break that is longer than 2 days, you know, like I'm missing out on something
I actually have an anime-based relationship with some of my friends, we almost always discuss our favorite anime
My life is a joke
Aug 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Feb 2015
I have been watching less for the past few months.Last year,I can watch at least 10 or more episodes every day,but recently I been watching just 7 episodes for at least 4 days in a week.I'm just not into it like I used to anymore.
Aug 1, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2007
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
To the point where I tried to have a conversation yesterday with a normal person... and... I made a reference to Dragon Ball Z thinking they would at least know that one... and they didn't... and then I didn't know what else to compare my shit to.

That's my life!! I don't really talk about normal things, 'cause I think is silly to talk about the weather or how fast the year goes by... that's why I talk a lot more with people like me.
I watch anime since ever, but I had my ups and downs, watching more or less. This year I started college but after my first semester ended I started watching more, and now I came back to college but I keep on watching lol, I really missed my anime!!
Apart from anime I watch some yankee series for ex. flash, so that takes some of my time too. But there's nothing like my anime and manga *_*
Aug 1, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2015
not as much as mal, which is just sad ;-;
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Aug 1, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2015
I watch anime almost everyday, but when my days done and everyones watching TV... Its just my entertainment
Aug 1, 2016 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
I almost have no time unfortunately. So I take a long time to finish a series. Also I'm very picky about the anime I watch. So yeah ...not a very big part of my life then.
Aug 1, 2016 10:38 AM
Aug 2015
I always make sure to schedual at least 4 hours of anime a day. And I'm going to college full time and working full time, so yeah anime is very important to me in my daily life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Quite important since its my only medium of entertainment
Aug 1, 2016 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
Sometimes I watch like over 20 ep/day and sometimes I don't watch anything for like 1-2 months. It depends on how I feel and if I have free time. But yeah, it's important to me. It's my precious hobby.
Aug 1, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2016
Not really important but I do aim to make a living out of it...(Youtube, ofc.) but if it only became profitable enough to be my actual livelihood.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which one of your favorite anime would you not recommend to others?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 4

27 by Stomiks »»
56 seconds ago

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - 8 hours ago

15 by Nirinbo »»
1 minute ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

67 by IamSajid »»
2 minutes ago

» what is your "guilty pleasure" anime ?

ame - 7 hours ago

13 by Stomiks »»
4 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

45 by BigMac7 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.