Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2010 10:45 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't even know why I am still watching this. Feels kind of dull from my point of view.

http://www.animebullet.com/tatakau-shisho-the-book-of-bantorra-episode-17
Jan 22, 2010 11:03 AM

Jul 2008
Surprisingly good for a start of Volken's arc. With Volken as a main, the arc will need every good element it can get!
Jan 22, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2009
Woop new opening, wonder where it will go from here?
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 22, 2010 3:29 PM

May 2008
Haha.. Volken's such a righteous fool...
I'm glad he's not the strongest character in this story.

I just hope that Hamy won't turn out to be some lame 'evil' character tbh.
But just a character with flexible morals..
Jan 23, 2010 12:32 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good started..yeah i do hope Volken stay as strong as he was..not getting random upgrade..

Nice new OP and ED theme
Jan 23, 2010 9:03 AM
Jan 2010
Woohoo to Bantorra! It's definitely an anime I would have thought I'd given up a long time ago, but the suspense is surprisingly pretty intense. Really wonder what's Hamy's secret. Probably something to do with her past, considering she wasn't from the library from young. The OP and ED keeps showing her younger self, so I'm guessing the anime's gonna do a bit of explaining from that side.
Jan 23, 2010 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
so volken is back, and hes here to reveal a conspiracy
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 23, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Nakei said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't even know why I am still watching this. Feels kind of dull from my point of view.

http://www.animebullet.com/tatakau-shisho-the-book-of-bantorra-episode-17

i feel the same im suprised im stilll watching itr . . .. vooollllkkkken
Jan 23, 2010 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else think that the "Vend" (?) mentioned in this episode is actually the blonde chick in the opening? (The one who is holding the book and who was with Hamutz when she was younger, right before the OP ends.) Or, if Vend isn't her, he has some direct relationship with her.

Moron said:
Wow I'm seriously confused. Hamy seems like the bad guy here, especially how she wanted to silence both Volken and Olivia.

Are you serious? Hamutz has been painted as ~ambiguous~ since the beginning, leaning more towards 'evil'. There has always been something suspicious about her, and everything we've seen up to this point has only added on to it.

Moron said:
But like what Kozooo said, I hope she won't turn out to be an evil character. It will just ruin the excellence of this show so far.

What would ruin this show is if Hamutz turns out to be "a good guy that looks like a bad guy" type of character. For example, something happened when she was younger (ties in with the Vend thing) which makes her as cruel as she is now. And we're supposed to forgive everything she's done because of whatever thing happened. I hate that type of plot the most. :/

Anyway, things seem to be coming together more clearly, now. (About time, we're on freaking episode 17 here...)
yamakasiJan 23, 2010 6:12 PM
Jan 24, 2010 4:26 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad things finally continue from before... I was getting tired of the miriad of new plots that have been sprung up here and there.
I actually don't dislike Volken. He's a typical youngster hell bent on making a change. I'm eager to see how he holds up.
Jan 24, 2010 8:56 AM

Aug 2007
I loved the way the new op and ed pointed out the couples which probably are Noloty x Enrique and Volken x Mirepoc, although Mirepoc has lost her memories of Volken, they make it out somehow.. :D
Jan 24, 2010 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
I'm just glad Volken's back >> It's been 12 eps now. I think his arc is supposed to kick off a bunch of the mysteries of the series getting solved, too...
Jan 24, 2010 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
One of the best episodes of the show for now, mainly thanks to the huge story developments and Volken's return. The role of the characters in Bantorra is quite peculiar I think, since in most animes, Volken would have been the main character and Hamyuts one of his antagonists (and Matt also), and according to the new OP/ED, it clearly seems that Hamyuts will remain the main character till the end despite her dark grey morals and personality (I for one can't find a lot of good traits about her character).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 24, 2010 7:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Now I'm waiting for Volken to get erased from history by Meseta....

Judging by the current situation, Volken is not going to last very long. Meseta is just too powerful, manipulative and deceptive....

I mean, she clearly planned most most of the events and deaths that have happened so far... She just owns....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 24, 2010 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
This was a bullshit episode on almost every level. What's the point of a recap episode if they're going to spend a good portion of this one retreading the one unresolved plot point of the show for a second time? And didn't that old lady say that memories lost to Argax are gone forever? Mirepoc just casually said that all she has to do is some soul searching and she'll have them back. Not to mention that Noloty and what's her face just blabs everything about her and Volken, even though I thought they were told by Hamyuts not to. Then, to top all that off, Volken just strides back on into the Library and leaves just as quickly. And doesn't this Yuckuluck thing sound like the power of the guy whose body Enlike is inhabiting right now?

The only plot point I did like was Oliva getting here memories back. But I don't like that she's with Volken's stupid ass.

This was just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Jan 26, 2010 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
This was a bullshit episode on almost every level. What's the point of a recap episode if they're going to spend a good portion of this one retreading the one unresolved plot point of the show for a second time? And didn't that old lady say that memories lost to Argax are gone forever? Mirepoc just casually said that all she has to do is some soul searching and she'll have them back. Not to mention that Noloty and what's her face just blabs everything about her and Volken, even though I thought they were told by Hamyuts not to. Then, to top all that off, Volken just strides back on into the Library and leaves just as quickly. And doesn't this Yuckuluck thing sound like the power of the guy whose body Enlike is inhabiting right now?

The only plot point I did like was Oliva getting here memories back. But I don't like that she's with Volken's stupid ass.

This was just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And Volken is a piece of shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 26, 2010 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
Jan 26, 2010 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
He's the last person I want to be associated with....<_<

People belives in love at first sight, I think they're right because I apparently got my hate at first sight.

Jan 26, 2010 5:05 PM
Jan 26, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
Colio? That boy who PWNED the narcissist with his human abilities? Well, I said I like him, didn't I? And what do those 2 have anything to do with each other? Even if they do, I don't care because I love what I love and I hate what I hate, just what my instincts tell me to do, it's just as simple as that.

Jan 26, 2010 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
I guess I misremembered your comments about Colio for Volken. To me, I see them as the same, since Colio fell in love with a girl he technically never met.
Jan 27, 2010 2:44 AM

Sep 2009
wakka9ca said:
Now I'm waiting for Volken to get erased from history by Meseta...
BitchMaster said:
And Volken is a piece of shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit.
The holy words have been spoken...
Volken should just choke on his own hair...how long does he pms really ?

Most probably Hamyuts Meseta will die at the end...
Why did they make this show 26 episodes? ~just want to get over with it..
ValentilnJan 27, 2010 2:48 AM
Jan 27, 2010 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
If there were anything bold or different the show could do, it would be for Hamyuts to kill Volken and no one question it.
Jan 28, 2010 12:33 AM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
If there were anything bold or different the show could do, it would be for Hamyuts to kill Volken and no one question it.

The opposite would please me far, far more.
Jan 28, 2010 3:26 PM

Sep 2009
yamakasi said:
noteDhero said:

Then it would just turn out to be a boring cliched ending..
Feb 2, 2010 8:31 AM

Apr 2009
yamakasi said:
Moron said:
But like what Kozooo said, I hope she won't turn out to be an evil character. It will just ruin the excellence of this show so far.

What would ruin this show is if Hamutz turns out to be "a good guy that looks like a bad guy" type of character. For example, something happened when she was younger (ties in with the Vend thing) which makes her as cruel as she is now. And we're supposed to forgive everything she's done because of whatever thing happened. I hate that type of plot the most. :/

I have to agree with you. Bad Guy Woobiefication is cliche and boring D:
I'm enjoying Volken's reappearance, if only for his seiyuu xP
By the way, is it just me or did the art look really different than before in some parts? o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 21, 2010 4:15 AM

Sep 2009
new opening and ending are pretty good :)
volken annoys me why can't he just face trial?

Dec 3, 2010 6:13 PM

Mar 2009
Now Volken's back. Things are getting interesting.
Dec 26, 2011 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
Valentiln said:
yamakasi said:
noteDhero said:

Then it would just turn out to be a boring cliched ending..

Plus what happens if Hamyuts dies? [Assuming Matt goes down along side Hammy.] The library has no 2nd in command and all of the other characters are too dumb to do anything alone. Nolotoy does have promise but she's still an apprentice.
Aug 17, 2012 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
show is getting better and better now that they're sticking to the meaty plot
Nov 25, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2011
Hm.

Anyways. Love the new opening and ending. The ending scenes with Hamy on the cliff were great. ;D
Mar 24, 2013 3:22 AM

May 2012
Damn great episode, Volken is back and seems to have a whole other look on the case now... really interesting that that first blind woman now different personality has that big role in this case! Great start once again of the new chapter! This sure is getting quite interesting!

The new OP & ED are also way more fitting to the series imo!
Dec 4, 2013 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
So Volken is finally making his play. Perhaps we will finally get some answers about what Hamyuts is really doing here.
Mar 4, 2015 10:16 PM
Jun 2013
ok so the fake mom chick has a split personality now. I hope things work out for volken and mirepoch. To be honest I wouldint care if the acting director turns out to be evil. It would make more sense since shes been unlikable since the start. So seeing her getting axed off would be fine with me.
Apr 22, 2016 5:51 PM

Feb 2015
volken is finally back! i really liked him, although i barely had any time to really know him.

i like the OP and ED they're ok.
Feb 14, 2017 6:00 AM

Oct 2012
Tbh I'm kinda surprised to see "Justice" character inside Seinen anime
It's just like Volken is trying to be MC for Shounen anime xD

But I'm totally on Volken's side
Hamyuts' side is just weird.. and too questionable
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2017 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
Only 10 episodes to go, hope I'll have the patience to finish this.
May 31, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2009
New OP/ED!!!!

Who knew. Renas would become such an important character in this arc. I thought we had move from this, but it seems she is key in all of this.

Sorry to say, but not impressed with Volken returning. What is he trying to prove after being gone for awhile.

Seems Enrique is spending so much time on Renas instead of Noloty :P

At least, we finally get some Volken back in the scene.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 15 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 8, 2010

35 by Illyricus »»
Apr 25, 2:28 PM

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mrokand - Oct 23, 2009

88 by Slimsith »»
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Apr 2, 2010

86 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.