Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was intense, loved the action this episode after all the buildup.

Walkure's outfits looks more revealing than usual lol, not sure if that was intentional. Hearing Borderline is definitely nice though. Meanwhile, I guess Hayate has developed somewhat of a rivalry with the White Knight. Really weird reaction during their fight though as some of the pilots gets swallowed up..

Hayate and Mirage's relationship seems to have gotten closer though.

Pretty much the climatic mid-season episode. Loved how they used the main OP theme song as well. What a fight.
Jun 26, 2016 9:22 AM

Sep 2015
I am more worried about nee-san hit by the sea shockwave even if she is an amphi, that force really can kill someone =(
Jun 26, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2013
wow episode :D
and not only Hayate, Freyja also make Keith, Heinz and the King feel wind.
Hayate using Messer's plane and Keith is angry about that. Atleast, Hayate win this time.
Jun 26, 2016 12:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode was sooo Macross it hurts. The combat scenes, the music and with the love triangle always there in picture. Not bad!

About my only gripe is that Hayate instead of growing like a pilot has to get a " power up" from Freyja in order to challenge Keith. I would have preferred to having him grow as a pilot and fighter instead.

Finally Windermere suffers some losses. Was about time too!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 26, 2016 3:20 PM
May 2010
10/10 awesome episode, this is my favorite anime this season and can't wait for more.
Jun 26, 2016 5:43 PM
Jul 2014
I don't know why, but i don't like this episode. Maybe because it's not as i expected.
Jun 26, 2016 6:15 PM
Nov 2012
So hayate is still relying on Freyja to help him become an ace. I wonder if Keith will suffer facial scar.

Hayate seems to have changed from not wanting to shoot people, now trying to kill Keith but then again messer did die.
Jun 26, 2016 6:41 PM
Nov 2011
I_LUV_NALU said:
I'm in love with Hayate x Freyja even though I know that it's gonna end in Hayate x Mirage i cri

About me in this show
But it's so good I can't stop watching it sobs
Jun 26, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2016
Be right back after I watch it.
Jun 26, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
Is everyone watching it raw?
Jun 26, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
starburst_stream said:
Is everyone watching it raw?

Yeah, lol. The language used is not that difficult to understand to be honest. You can wait for sub if you want. :)
Jun 26, 2016 8:02 PM

Jun 2016
I_LUV_NALU said:
I loved how Freyja just jumped off and started singing
I'm in love with Hayate x Freyja even though I know that it's gonna end in Hayate x Mirage i cri

I don't think it'll be a Hayate/Mirage ending. If anything, it'll be Hayate/Freyja. The way I see it the Anime so far has gone through great lengths to showcase that Hayate and Freyja "complement" each other. Whether it's helping boost each other's power, being worried for the other (they always think of each other first when they're in trouble), and "resonating" (I mean come on what more cliché endgame couple trope do you want?)

Also, idk if you guys have taken notice but from what I've seen Macross Delta relies heavily on complementary colors (Google it to see what I mean for color schemes) for pairings/friendships/enemies. There's Makina and Reina (magenta and green;best of friends). Then you have The White Knight and the Black Shinigami (Messer and Keith;rivals). And then you have Freyja and Hayate (Orange and Blue).

Just food for thought. Also just because I'm a huge freyja/hayate shipper 😂
CriiGVJun 26, 2016 8:07 PM
Jun 26, 2016 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
Just watch it. I think I'll give it a 4 because I feel generous today.

The dress design in this episode is pretty nice nut I must take out points for ugly nail polish. Please do not make characters wear nail polish when you have good dress design. -.-

The hug with Hayate and Mirage scene was kinda forced tbh. Really liked how Freyja jumped towards her love. Kinda sad when you consider their love won't last long IF they go with the winderemere lived 35 years.

While I applaud the good use of soundtrack, it was reduce to mere background noise because it sounds so unbalanced compared to the voice of the voice actors which kinda bumps me out. In fact, I have to blame them and not my audio setup since I'm using a pair of Audio-Technica IM-70 I can pretty much all the details but the track sounds like a "piece of paper" compared to the extremely foward voice of the VAs. Hope they fix this issue for the later half of the season cuz it's the same problem for almost every episode till now.

Anyway, I think it's a big stepup compared to previous ones. But, please, stop the damn nail polish. It ruins your art.
YK97Jul 6, 2016 8:55 AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:35 PM
Dec 2011
CriiGV said:
I_LUV_NALU said:
I loved how Freyja just jumped off and started singing

I don't think it'll be a Hayate/Mirage ending. If anything, it'll be Hayate/Freyja. The way I see it the Anime so far has gone through great lengths to showcase that Hayate and Freyja "complement" each other. Whether it's helping boost each other's power, being worried for the other (they always think of each other first when they're in trouble), and "resonating" (I mean come on what more cliché endgame couple trope do you want?)

Also, idk if you guys have taken notice but from what I've seen Macross Delta relies heavily on complementary colors (Google it to see what I mean for color schemes) for pairings/friendships/enemies. There's Makina and Reina (magenta and green;best of friends). Then you have The White Knight and the Black Shinigami (Messer and Keith;rivals). And then you have Freyja and Hayate (Orange and Blue).

Just food for thought. Also just because I'm a huge freyja/hayate shipper 😂

You can just say Mirage doesn't have any meaningful screen time so seems it's going to Hayate/Freyja ending, i mean...yeah did Mirage even got any moment? hell i don't even remember how Mirage suddenly fall to Hayate(worst part is even Mirage's VA not sure about that according to interview lol).

Kinda unfair by the way, but can't be helped about they keep heavy pushing Freyja because they need to sell her(Walkure) CDs, and noting else to sell for Mirage other than maybe her VF.
Jun 26, 2016 11:38 PM

Nov 2012
great episode, lots of action and the performance of the OP song worked so well with it.
Jun 27, 2016 1:49 AM

Jun 2015
that White Knight better be dead, i want to see Roid holding control of the entire Windermere force
Jun 27, 2016 1:59 AM
Nov 2008
Okami_doge said:
that White Knight better be dead, i want to see Roid holding control of the entire Windermere force

Zero chance. No body or blood splatter means he's still alive. It's the macross way.
Jun 27, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
Nice Love Triangle emerging between Mirage Freya and Hayate :D

and nice to finally see more background technology of the ancient civilization of protoculture.

oh! and they did a nice re-enactment of Rick Hunter and Roy Focker, having Rick take over Roy's ship when Roys is killed in battle and Rick ship was destroyed.

simply Godly :D
AllGamerJun 27, 2016 2:43 AM
Jun 27, 2016 3:21 AM
Aug 2014
Hayate keeps rising flags of both girls, just pick a waifu and stick with her.
Jun 27, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2007
This is so macross that it hurts. In a good way.

Hayate/Mirage keeps raising the sails. It is obviously endgame but its nice to see continuous development on that front. All they need is a knife fight now.
Jun 27, 2016 5:31 AM
Apr 2016
Hayate's skill, buffed or unbuffed, aside, he is a quick learner.
In episode 8 he fought Bogue, almost got shot by 262's RIGHT arm gun pod when both of them transformed into Gerwalk.
Same situation this time, he attack Keight from LEFT instead, where 262's shield arm is at.

Also, Lloyd is confirmed serious glass fetish... Dear god man...
AventineJun 27, 2016 5:35 AM
Jun 27, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
For people who want to know who will win this war, well obviously Earthlings will win.
For this episode, in my opinion, maybe this episode make me little bit tension when Heinz use the wind song to people or civillian. (Coward exactly Windermerean).

Overall : 8/10

I love Frejya flew to Hayate. And, there is show sign triangle love there, hehehe
Then, Macross Elysion nice one their appearance. For I think, maybe this episode little bit rush to ending this episode.
Jun 27, 2016 8:05 AM
Nov 2014
This is by far the best tv mecha anime episode I have seen for a while, with minor issues such as injures fixed, the bd quality would be up there with ova production like gundam origin / thunderbolt, it beats iron blood orphans production quality by a lot.
Story wise, can't fault it for the battle sequences, all natural progression from setups in the previous episodes so far. They got a lot technical explaining to do with the mothership and ruin, I think the un guy will fill in the gap.
Good guys defeated, time to regroup, new theme songs, new character (Lady M is my bet) from next episode on, I expect it mimics original Macross romantic plot points too..
Jun 27, 2016 9:50 AM
Jan 2008
Breathtaking intense aerial fights backed by powerful music while the triangle emotions are on the rise. Episodes like these are why I love Macross.

Phase 1 ends with the Wind Army victorious and things look promising now that the upcoming battle will be a fight to reclaim the lost homes and the heritage of the Protoculture, can’t wait to see what happens next.
Jun 27, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
What a way to finish off the 1st half of the season! This ep had it all.

- Intense aerial combat? Yep.
- Further progress with both Freyja/Haya & Mirage/Haya, with each of them doing what they're best at to help.
- The King & comm Earnest going at it in their own way, pupil vs student style
- The King's demise
- Intense duel vs Hayate & the White Knight, Hayate fittingly using Messer's plane
- The loss of Ragna
- Interesting interaction of the protoculture ruins & the Windemere flagship
Jun 27, 2016 11:54 AM
Feb 2015
Finally, a series that can actually make me want to watch the next episode of it. The entire episode was a huge roller coaster of emotions. Part you knows that Ragna is lost thanks to the idiotic NUNS commander, yet the rest of you just wish that Walkure and Delta Squadron might just pull a win outta the mess.

And the series really does try to stay loyal to the original Macross series on the role of songs. Thats a plus.
Jun 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
Why tf did Roid change his glasses at the end? Are the silver ones his special command glasses lol?
Jun 27, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2007
straggy said:
Why tf did Roid change his glasses at the end? Are the silver ones his special command glasses lol?

We can see in multiple episodes that he is kind of obsessed with glasses and has whole stands and cases full of them. He also was shown changing glasses upon important to him moments before too.
Jun 27, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
that was a nice first half finale
Hayate managed to defeat the White Knight but i think he is still alive though
Jun 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
That was a nice and intense fight the best so far in this series. I'm glad Mirage was shown some love, I would have been pissed if Hayate blew her off after she risked her life saving him.
Jun 27, 2016 5:06 PM
Jul 2014
I'm the unique who saw this?

Macross F Sayonara no tsubasa wings remember? Xd?

Jun 27, 2016 6:00 PM

May 2015
So many homage on this episode.One the song of sheryl nome and ranka lee sang by mikumo and frejya, macross elysion being shot near the bridge similar to macross SDF-1 and firing the main cannon similar to macross 7, the tower being similar to the winged being noted from macross zero the headless angel/giant. Grim reaper homaging the skull team? hayate and hikaru. hikaru as leader of delta team from first macross series and mirage second in command of delta team in this series. what else?

I guess things are really picking up this time.The love triangle keeps developing who would you guys like to see HayateXMirage or HayateXFreyja.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 6:06 PM
May 2016
This episode is just so epic to end the first season 😆, hayate vs keith really heat up although i think keith didnt do his best yet

And the love triangle too, i already choose freyja x hayate from the beginning is not like i hate mirage but i think the lovable girl must win this time 🙌
Jun 27, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
That was a damn fine episode
Jun 27, 2016 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
Intense episode, I love the aerial fights. And of course Ikenai Borderline.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 28, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2012
Welp, I think this episode pretty much solidified it for me that Delta is better than Frontier.
Jun 28, 2016 9:15 AM
Jun 2016
This is my best mecha in this season and the song is very good mix with the intense fight

Anyone looking forward for new op? xD
Jun 28, 2016 10:34 AM

May 2012
Why this is rated lower than Macross F ?! It much more entertaining in my opinion
Jun 28, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
thepath said:
Why this is rated lower than Macross F ?! It much more entertaining in my opinion

"why are there idols in my robotech"

Its pretty much knee jerk reactions from people after the first ep prescreening, where everybody and their mother claimed that this has idols fighting mechas and stuff.
Jun 28, 2016 11:13 AM
Mar 2016
Looks like jealousy is brewing between Mirage and Freyja to Hayate, well looks like the Windermere king has just kick the bucket.
Jun 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Elysion's Macross cannon was badass. Giri Giri Ai, fuckers.
QuattroVaginasJun 28, 2016 11:22 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 29, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is. This. Bullshit. Asspull. Of. An. Episode....
Hayate getting a skill boost because of a song? Keith not shooting Freyja out of the sky instead of blasting Messer's machines hand off (he blew Messer to bits through a tiny cockpit window for fucks sake. Which ones the bigger threat here, her or his hand???)? None of the other goddamn Knights going after Mirage after she picked up Freyja? Ernest getting hit by the best attack of the Windemere ship and still managing to not only survive and transform, but completely unscathed
Hayates side still having so many ships survive despite us just watching most of them get obliterated in that shitstorm of an atom bomb explosion from the relic, whilst most of the knights had been protected by their mothership shields (And if I'm wrong about which side got obliterated, then why the fuck did they run away??? They WON the battle didn't they???).
And worst of all, Freya STILL has an invincibility cloak despite absolutely everything thrown at her and the Walkure! Seriously, why the fuck do you even need to put her in that glass box anyway? Her song reaches EVERY FUCKING BODY even when she jumped out AND she's already completely invincible anyway. She didn't even need to sing with a mic for everyone to hear, AND she's got a camera following her everywhere (we even caught her knickers under her dress on the big screen). Does she even NEED to be protected? She already has the power of Vice-MC asspull invincibility here.

Holy Bullshit asspulls everywhere Batman! Un-fucking-believable!
This was not a good episode at all.
L-RyoshiJun 29, 2016 7:50 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2016
Quick question. What would you guy's say Mirage's color is?

Hayate is blue.
Freyja is orange.
I was thinking Mirage would be red but after closer inspection I think it's more on the purple spectrum?
CriiGVJun 29, 2016 11:44 AM
Jun 29, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
L-Ryoshi said:

Hayate getting a skill boost because of a song?

Normal macross tradition.

Did you seriously find THAT weird in the franchise when guitar battles are viable way of solving things and can shatter mountains?

I mean, music used to power up people is kind of the staple of the whole franchise. You are talking about the franchise whose one of strongest characters piloted his ship with a guitar controller and fought by singing a song.

Also we have seen it happen before already with hayate.

Keith not shooting Freyja out of the sky instead of blasting Messer's machines hand off (he blew Messer to bits through a tiny cockpit window for fucks sake. Which ones the bigger threat here, her or his hand???)? None of the other goddamn Knights going after Mirage after she picked up Freyja? Ernest getting hit by the best attack of the Windemere ship and still managing to not only survive and transform, but completely unscathed

The song messes with their heads and disorients them.

Hayates side still having so many ships survive despite us just watching most of them get obliterated in that shitstorm of an atom bomb explosion from the relic, whilst most of the knights had been protected by their mothership shields (And if I'm wrong about which side got obliterated, then why the fuck did they run away??? They WON the battle didn't they???).

Because fighting against a protoculture artifact is kind of pointless nine times out of ten? Especially now that Windermere's ship basically docked with it.

And worst of all, Freya STILL has an invincibility cloak despite absolutely everything thrown at her and the Walkure! Seriously, why the fuck do you even need to put her in that glass box anyway? Her song reaches EVERY FUCKING BODY even when she jumped out AND she's already completely invincible anyway. She didn't even need to sing with a mic for everyone to hear, AND she's got a camera following her everywhere (we even caught her knickers under her dress on the big screen). Does she even NEED to be protected? She already has the power of Vice-MC asspull invincibility here.

No. That's just power of music.
Jun 29, 2016 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
Fai said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Hayate getting a skill boost because of a song?

Normal macross tradition.

Did you seriously find THAT weird in the franchise when guitar battles are viable way of solving things and can shatter mountains?

I mean, music used to power up people is kind of the staple of the whole franchise. You are talking about the franchise whose one of strongest characters piloted his ship with a guitar controller and fought by singing a song.

Also we have seen it happen before already with hayate.

Keith not shooting Freyja out of the sky instead of blasting Messer's machines hand off (he blew Messer to bits through a tiny cockpit window for fucks sake. Which ones the bigger threat here, her or his hand???)? None of the other goddamn Knights going after Mirage after she picked up Freyja? Ernest getting hit by the best attack of the Windemere ship and still managing to not only survive and transform, but completely unscathed

The song messes with their heads and disorients them.

Because fighting against a protoculture artifact is kind of pointless nine times out of ten? Especially now that Windermere's ship basically docked with it.

No. That's just power of music.

Dude, you're talking about a pilot who was already OP AS a pilot to begin with. Basara was always a great pilot, Hayate was not. He got his ass owned not two episodes ago, and trashed his plane this episode. You'd think that if those songs were really such a skill booster, they wouldn't have lost to the knights in the previous episodes, even without Messers intervention.
L-RyoshiJun 29, 2016 11:35 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2016 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
fuck that was a good episode one of the most macross episodes of macross
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Jun 29, 2016 10:51 PM
Apr 2016
Is this it until next the next cour airs? Or will there be ep 14 next week, sorry if this question is silly!
Jun 30, 2016 1:31 AM
Jul 2011
Niverdia
this episode pretty much solidified it for me that Delta is better than Frontier

Except that the animation, the songs and the story in Macross F were better...and also the singers ware more likable and not moe blob cliches like Freyja, Makina and Reina.
But I like Mikumo. She kind of reminds me of Starlight Glimmer from MLP:FIM ;)))...

Fai
Normal macross tradition

Not really.
The singing in Macross is mainly for crushing/demoralizing the enemies.
You are using Macross 7 as argument...and Macross 7 is the worst Macross.
megaloadJun 30, 2016 1:39 AM
Jun 30, 2016 4:50 AM

Jul 2007
megaload said:
not moe blob cliches

The only good character in Frontier was Sheryl

And if we are talking about moe and funny in overall Macross. yes. Macross truly is srs and adult:
=
megaload said:

The singing in Macross is mainly for crushing/demoralizing the enemies.
You are using Macross 7 as argument...and Macross 7 is the worst Macross.

You mean, except when it is used in Delta, or Frontier, or 7 - you know, pretty much entirety of macross franchise except for SDF.

Even the SDF case can be argued since the songs literally caused the whole alien species to go through adolescence.

And in this songs WERE used to demoralize and crush the enemies, did you even watch the episode? Its not like they sung the ships into submission. They used the song to distract and weaken the enemies, as well as inspire and strengthen allies.

L-Ryoshi said:

Dude, you're talking about a pilot who was already OP AS a pilot to begin with. Basara was always a great pilot, Hayate was not. He got his ass owned not two episodes ago, and trashed his plane this episode. You'd think that if those songs were really such a skill booster, they wouldn't have lost to the knights in the previous episodes, even without Messers intervention.

Hayate was talented from beginning - what he lacked was discipline. Sure he is not Max or Basara's level, but he has potential and skill, just not the experience yet. Its just your bias speaking. He has been constantly shown learning from his mistakes and improving - as some people even pointed out with this episode in comparison to his previous fight.
AhenshihaelJun 30, 2016 5:10 AM
Jun 30, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2013
Fai said:

L-Ryoshi said:

Hayate was talented from beginning - what he lacked was discipline. Sure he is not Max or Basara's level, but he has potential and skill, just not the experience yet. Its just your bias speaking. He has been constantly shown learning from his mistakes and improving - as some people even pointed out with this episode in comparison to his previous fight.

I don't believe I'm biased when it was shown practically this and the last two episodes that he wasn't a match for Keith. Even if he was improving, this episode was asspulling it way too fast. Songs induce confusion, yes, but it doesn't induce Ace-level piloting skills, which Hayate couldn't possibly attain after just half a losing dogfight battle. I don't buy the bullshit speed at which Hayate is progressing in terms of piloting skills. Even Basara trained hours on end to get as good as he was (and continued to train after attaining that level too). It's too much bull to say a talented pilot attained Ace level skills and managed to overcome the enemy ace who killed a pilot that was even better than himself just from hearing a perky song.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » About this show's reputation and the endless "Frontier vs Delta" debate

ShadowMonkey - Aug 19, 2020

11 by Lucifrost »»
May 19, 6:14 PM

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.