Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2016 2:29 AM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Raw is out. MT is showering the survey corps with pebbles. Lol also that collosal titan kick! This was mostly a action pack chapter, still interested in some of the dialogues including what MT was saying.
keragammingMar 5, 2016 2:56 AM
Mar 5, 2016 1:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, They're ruining the entire town. Erwin seems to be unsure about what's the next step that should be taken. Lol, Beast titan is just playing baseball there. All those soldiers got ripped apart O_O. Levi is worried about Hanji and Eren's situation. The Colossal Titan is just ignoring them. Eren vs. Bertholdt! The ending of this chapter though... that kick! Eren doesn't seem to be in good shape. Best chapter of this arc yet I guess.

5/5
Mar 6, 2016 3:56 PM
Mar 2016
Where can I read it?
Mar 6, 2016 10:19 PM
Feb 2016
Guess that Reiner wasn't exaggerating when he said that Bertholdt was the strongest of them, I really wasn't expecting Eren to lose this badly.
Mar 7, 2016 4:15 PM
Jan 2016
Lol can't wait for the official translation. A lot of fans seems to be disappointed in this chapter, but seeing only the spoilers makes me disagree about it. Fans are so eager of plot progress that they're forgetting this is also an action series. I can't wait for this to be animated (yohoo!). They seemed to be severely ruined but there are still hopes. It just really pains me to think that I'll have to wait for another month again.

By the way what about the interview? Any info about season 2?

And Erwin's plan. So excited about it!
Mar 8, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2008
Well god damn, guess the Colossal Titan is NOT slow as hell, he should of have more intimidating eyes though, also the Beast Titan is in a whole other league, Levi's like you've gotta be shittin me and Eren got launched badly,
HollowIchigo58Mar 8, 2016 1:06 AM
Mar 8, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
shit the situation looks hopeless, the Beast Titan is throwing unlimited rocks while Titan Eren just been kick and knock out by the Colossal Titan, and worse Armin has no plans because he is fucking scared and crying so Jean is in command right now
Mar 8, 2016 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
j0x said:
shit the situation looks hopeless, the Beast Titan is throwing unlimited rocks while Titan Eren just been kick and knock out by the Colossal Titan, and worse Armin has no plans because he is fucking scared and crying so Jean is in command right now
In what panel was he crying...
Mar 8, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2009
sim0n2170 said:
j0x said:
In what panel was he crying...

Jean said he is crying on a panel, but i read the chapter on tumblr and not really a scanlation
Mar 8, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
Hahahahaha poor Eren

Things are becoming more and more hopeless by the second. Curious how they are going to try and turn this around.
Mar 8, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
The Beast Titan is treating this battle like a game tbh. That stance looked like he was pitching as if he's a baseball player.

Armin entrusting Jean? Oh boy...
And poor Eren.
Mar 8, 2016 7:51 PM
Dec 2015
So the small titans were only sent out first to drag the soldiers towards the edge of the town, where they would be more exposed to his supersonic projectiles? That means they were all brainless sacrificial pawns, definitely not shifters, could this be further proof that the bigger ones aren't shifters either, but civilians he transformed on the spot?

This dude seems very creative with the use of his abilities and those of his soldiers, and also has a strategic mind for designing such a perfect trap with so many failsafes. I really don't see the legion getting out of this if Eren doesn't unleash the coordinate power on the shifter's asses.
Mar 8, 2016 8:29 PM

Apr 2015
Can't wait for Eren to show his "true" power... again... and again.....
#CHEXIT
Mar 8, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man Beast Titan too op literally playing baseball with the SC, hence the title name of the chapter. Let see how the SC get out of this one, things seem to just be getting more hopeless for them.
Mar 8, 2016 11:28 PM

Aug 2008
Oh man, what a deep shit trouble they are in. Colossal titan and beast titan.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 9, 2016 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
The Colossal Titan setting the area around him on fire.
The Beast Titan throwing stones at Levin and the Survey Corps. He sure has got a good arm.
Eren trying to lift the Colossal Titans foot, but it was the other way around and Eren got flung towards the wall.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 9, 2016 12:33 AM

Nov 2008
Also Armin, pussy, I actully don't care if he dies, I always found him really annoying, mostly in the dub.
Mar 9, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2013
well Bertolt starts his Rumble.

Well Arming got Cold feet, witch is actually quite Understandable...he might have gotten the command...but he is inexperienced. well Team work is quite good answer.

Corps are in trouble....between Beast Titan War Chief Zakel(?) (or what that name was) Stone Fire AND Bertolt's burning...

Goddamn situation is FUBAR...it is obvious that someone has to use that Levi's Titan Serum for victory.

JarjaxleMar 9, 2016 1:14 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 9, 2016 3:03 AM
Mar 2016
i was hoping eren would be able to control the other titans in this chapter.. and turn the tables ... but it came out totally opposite !! the colossal titan is really colossal !!! armin was never a cry baby... they ve all seen enough to be hard like titan skin heheha.. why is he being portrayed as incompetent now?
levi is cool as always!
whats gonna be the two parties' plan cant wait!!!
Mar 9, 2016 3:08 AM

Sep 2014
I lold at that Bertolt kick xD
Damn, I'm rly curious about Erwin's plan, or maybe Arwin will step up~
Mar 9, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
Demonism said:
Realy hopeless, the only thing that can save them now is some miraculous deus ex machina

AKA Eren's coordinate.
Mar 9, 2016 7:09 AM
Oct 2014
I'm seeing this come down to a few different outcomes based on how long we think the manga will be.

1) Eren discovers his coordinate power again, bringing out colossal titans from the walls. While they might be mindless, enough of them could stop Bertholdt.

2) Reiner does have an identity crisis, as we have seen played out several times in the story. Perhaps he decides, with his new brain, to do a late change of teams. Doubtful though.

3) Eren is ultimately captured. It might take every other life for this to happen. On the other hand, some lucky deal might be made for what few lives are left or they successfully hide, check out the basement, then regroup in the walls to find a way to save Eren (enter Annie info?)

4) The serum that is lurking. Levi (or in one idea I have, Jean) use the serum and devour either Reiner or Bertholdt, giving them some sort of chance against the powerful enemy.

5) Something we haven't seen or thought of yet. The situation looks completely hopeless, but there might be a flashback or sudden break that reveals some weakness in the enemies' plans or abilities. This result, of course, is hardly showing itself as the fight just gets worse for the people of the walls.

One interesting thing to note, IT SEEMS THE SHIFTER RACE IS MORE IN TUNE WITH US READING THE MANGA! They obviously have a better understanding of the world and even understand humans and sport...BASEBALL! It might have seemed like a little fun piece with him pitching, but this means Ape Titan understands this game. I am interested to see where this story goes and how this battle ends up.

***Edit: While there are probably limitless outcomes, one I forgot to mention that could come into play would be if somehow Eren pulls out the "Invincible" talent that Frieda could not make happen. It might seem like a bit of a pull since we've never seen what it does and hardly a mention, but it was mentioned nonetheless.***
Professor_ChaosMar 9, 2016 9:23 AM
Mar 9, 2016 7:25 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Ggwp, shit's going down. Eren will soon break and that huge ape must have lots of joints in his arm.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Mar 9, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Nice kick Colossal. A goal in a football match couldn't have looked better; lol Eren got rekt.
Mar 9, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
Ow maaaan! I was so anxious reading this D:
So I guess they are going to use the serum? Maybe Erwin is going to take the risk...or Levi.
The bad thing is waiting a full month I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN Ç-Ç

Mar 9, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2012
T97 said:
Demonism said:
Realy hopeless, the only thing that can save them now is some miraculous deus ex machina

AKA Eren's coordinate.

And let's not forget about the titan serum.
But seriously speaking all of that that would actually be chekhov's gun.

Team Eren should've used that time Bertoldt was not paying attention to them and go look for the basement, the secret could've been something that assured their victory, you never know. I mean, if not even Armin was able to come up with a strategy, they might as well risk it.
kchorrex2012Mar 9, 2016 8:15 AM
Mar 9, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2010
Man, this doesn't look too good. Damn Bertholdt.

Can't wait to see that ape titan animated though!
Mar 9, 2016 8:57 AM
Jan 2016
They look so screwed up. Someone did mention few possible turnouts, but they had to be more prepared then this.. if those titans around Ape titan are not shifters, there is possibility for Eren to take over them. But I can see one more option, they might go all in more than we thought till now.
I mean that, The Garrison and Military police might join this fight and flank Ape titan and the others surrounding Survey corps. And it would make sense, becouse they need moment of surprise all the time to win this battle. Now when Ape titan thinks he actually won the battle (there is no doubt) would be great timing for Garrison and Military police to strike. And it might sound stupid, becouse they are unexperienced, but also legit, they would be something like last trumph card for wining this battle, if this battle is lost, whole humanity loose anyway.
Mar 9, 2016 9:10 AM

Sep 2013

Trolley titan = best titan
Mar 9, 2016 9:22 AM
Dec 2015
HollowIchigo58 said:
Also Armin, pussy, I actully don't care if he dies, I always found him really annoying, mostly in the dub.
Armin is very intelligent and able to see the larger picture, but he is an excellent advisor, not a leader, at least not yet.
He corrected Hange's mistake putting the correct person in charge instead, someone far more decisive and with leadership capabilities; in a normal unit this uncertainty would be crushing for morale but they are a platoon of friends that have known each other from the start, I think they all understand Armin's decision. And it beats the alternative, their leader freezing not knowing what to do at the worst moment.
Mar 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2011
these last two chapters were so great
the way eren got tossed over the wall xD by proportions he was smaller than a midget compater to bertold

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 9, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
What is up with the Beast Titan using baseball metaphors? Is he from our time line? That suggest the story line is in the future.
Mar 9, 2016 1:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Baseball throw. Really? Is this just the mangaka being playful or are we meant to infer that the Titans have knowledge of "our" world?

Somehow I imagined the difference in size between Eren and the Colossal as being less. He's just a rag dol here compared to him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2016 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
Farabeuf said:
Baseball throw. Really? Is this just the mangaka being playful or are we meant to infer that the Titans have knowledge of "our" world?

Somehow I imagined the difference in size between Eren and the Colossal as being less. He's just a rag dol here compared to him.

Here is my theory. Inside the wall are behind time, while outside the walls where titan shifters live is much more modern. It has been hinting to us for a long time ago.
Mar 9, 2016 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
Lol the Beast Titan gives no fucks, treating this like a game of baseball. Like a few others have mentioned, it's pretty interesting how the BT knows about baseball. The setting of this story makes it seem like it takes place before baseball and all those other sports were invented.......but then again, I don't think this timeline really corresponds to our real world timeline, so maybe in their world, the sport had already been invented before the Titans emerged.

To say Eren got REKT by Bertolt would be an understatement. I can't believe his friends thought he was actually pushing Bertolt back, he's like an ant compared to him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 9, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
Lol the Beast Titan gives no fucks, treating this like a game of baseball. Like a few others have mentioned, it's pretty interesting how the BT knows about baseball. The setting of this story makes it seem like it takes place before baseball and all those other sports were invented.......but then again, I don't think this timeline really corresponds to our real world timeline, so maybe in their world, the sport had already been invented before the Titans emerged.

well there is chapter 0 or the prototype manga that shows this story setting is far in the future where technological progress become backwards due to the titans destroying the old civilization if i recall right
Mar 9, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
BadToTheBone said:
Armin is very intelligent and able to see the larger picture, but he is an excellent advisor, not a leader, at least not yet.

Well, Armin made the best choice for the time being. He realized his own weakness (being scared up to the point he was unable to think clearly) and asked for help from Jean, who seemed to have a better understanding of the situation. It is also amazing how much Jean's character matured with the story.

I wonder if actually Erwin has some kind of plan, maybe with the serum...? Even Levi seemed to be shocked by the Beast Titan's attack. Now that you mention baseball, I understand his statement of the "perfect game".

I almost forgot about the titan serum...It might turns this hopeless situation to a more favourable one for humanity as the Titans probably does not expect it. Another solution would be if Eren could use his abilities to the fullest, however it won't have the same level of surprise as the serum would.
Probably they should not use the serum on someone who is a very strong soldier (like Levi or Mikasa, except if they are seriously wounded).
Also I wonder what kind of abilities the serum contains... Rod told to Historia that he brought a titan which is good for fighting and in the end it was a colossal type...

Wow, I hope Bertold's kick makes Eren to rampage... He got a shock after being kicked almost over the wall, just like when he fought to Reiner for the first time.

I am afraid that the killing of more important characters' is about to start...
asx-niciMar 9, 2016 3:48 PM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Mar 9, 2016 7:18 PM
Dec 2015
asx-nici said:
BadToTheBone said:

Well, Armin made the best choice for the time being. He realized his own weakness (being scared up to the point he was unable to think clearly) and asked for help from Jean, who seemed to have a better understanding of the situation. It is also amazing how much Jean's character matured with the story.

I wonder if actually Erwin has some kind of plan, maybe with the serum...? Even Levi seemed to be shocked by the Beast Titan's attack. Now that you mention baseball, I understand his statement of the "perfect game".

I almost forgot about the titan serum...It might turns this hopeless situation to a more favourable one for humanity as the Titans probably does not expect it. Another solution would be if Eren could use his abilities to the fullest, however it won't have the same level of surprise as the serum would.
Probably they should not use the serum on someone who is a very strong soldier (like Levi or Mikasa, except if they are seriously wounded).
Also I wonder what kind of abilities the serum contains... Rod told to Historia that he brought a titan which is good for fighting and in the end it was a colossal type...

Wow, I hope Bertold's kick makes Eren to rampage... He got a shock after being kicked almost over the wall, just like when he fought to Reiner for the first time.

I seem to remember someone mentioning the serum is a normal titan, not a colossal one, but I have no idea really.
The question is if the Ackerman's genes affect the resulting titan, if so, the beast titan could get a VERY, VERY, VERY nasty surprise to the face if Levi injects himself. He will turn into a dumb titan until he eats a shifter, but still the beast titan is not a great warrior in close combat according to the character sheet, while Levi-titan might be a 10/10/10/10/10 berserker meat-chopping monstrosity even as a dumb titan.
Mar 9, 2016 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
seriously they thought Eren was pushing the Colossal Titan, I guess they're minds are really in a panic.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 10, 2016 1:39 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome, everything is going completely to shit
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 10, 2016 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
onnanokyojin said:
Lol can't wait for the official translation. A lot of fans seems to be disappointed in this chapter, but seeing only the spoilers makes me disagree about it. Fans are so eager of plot progress that they're forgetting this is also an action series. I can't wait for this to be animated (yohoo!). They seemed to be severely ruined but there are still hopes. It just really pains me to think that I'll have to wait for another month again.

Here's some info translated about the interview
Mar 10, 2016 4:24 AM
Jan 2016
sim0n2170 said:
onnanokyojin said:

Here's some info translated about the interview

Thank youu! Ive been looking for it. I dont really understand it but still thankss! So there wasn't anything like the official date of s2? Okay Ive seen it coming. Thankyy really!
Mar 10, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2014
It was ice to see Jean, who was a coward, take the reins and tell what to do.
Giant boulders should crush these soldiers instead of cutting them like a blade. Wtf
GhoultulhuMar 10, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 10, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
BadToTheBone said:
asx-nici said:

I seem to remember someone mentioning the serum is a normal titan, not a colossal one, but I have no idea really.
The question is if the Ackerman's genes affect the resulting titan, if so, the beast titan could get a VERY, VERY, VERY nasty surprise to the face if Levi injects himself. He will turn into a dumb titan until he eats a shifter, but still the beast titan is not a great warrior in close combat according to the character sheet, while Levi-titan might be a 10/10/10/10/10 berserker meat-chopping monstrosity even as a dumb titan.

That serum can be anything, was this 'normal titan' fact was mentioned in the manga? Logically I would also go for a more normal type, as Rod used a Colossal one. But according to what he said to Historia, a Colossal type can fight well, so Berthold should not be looked down too much.
Well, we will see, all these are speculations for now, but I also wonder if bloodlines and/or individual characters could alter the titan abilities or not (except the appearance, which in some cases seems to be affected by the user). If Levi/Mikasa takes the serum, the result might be different than if a 'regular' human would take it. Though in any case I would expect a mindless titan to appear, who has at least some troubles to take down a shifter, if the shifter is not seriously wounded.
Even if he is not very good with close combat, he is freaking clever and strong... Reiner, an armored type could not even scratch him. Let's say he is 'bad' at close combat, still you need to get close to him to be able to kick his a** :) but for now it seems to be pretty impossible, right? Well, something sure will happen, I am excited to see it. (Or maybe not if it concerns the killing of my favourite characters... :'D)
asx-niciMar 10, 2016 9:42 AM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Mar 10, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
Hisokath said:
It was ice to see Jean, who was a coward, take the reins and tell what to do.
Giant boulders should crush these soldiers instead of cutting them like a blade. Wtf
i think that might be due the relatively small size of the projectiles (Monkey Trouble is crushing the rocks into smaller ones before throwing them) as well their incredible speed. They really aren't that big at all.

@asx-nici that might just be me, but I'm not sure the serum can be really used effectively at the moment, mainly because the Survey Corps have 0 way of controlling the (most likely) mindless titan that will result from the injection; Eren can't control the coordinate yet and they have no shifter nearby that the titan could eat easily. I mean, the SC could try and take cover while the mindless titan attacks Reiner or Bert, but I really don't see what it could do against an shifter with human intelligen... Hey!
Now that I think about it, it might actually be a good idea! If the SC had someone take the serum and successfully led the mindless titan to Reiner's location, there might be a (very) slight chance that it would manage to eat Reiner before he's finished recovering.
Meanwhile Eren would have to distract/defeat Bert so that the mindless titan won't be spotted and one shot'd.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Mar 10, 2016 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao at Eren being thrown like a bug.
I hope it'll be clear if Hange's dead or not in the next chapter, she can't be dead. Hajime-sensei could kill Armin instead, what an annoying crying baby.
Mar 10, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
Titan serum soon? Idk how else they'll be getting out of this very ugly situation. I want Erwin to regenerate his arm, but it wouldn't seem right for him to be fighting on the front lines. I wonder who's gonna be taking it..

Also, there's no way Hange would die like that. I wonder what she's up to or how badly she's hurt.
AndoMar 10, 2016 2:51 PM
Mar 10, 2016 4:42 PM

Nov 2012
This situation is looking more and more hopeless .. there's a huge power disparity between Eren and Colossal Titan and now the Monkey Titan is essentially doing the equivalent of multiple simultaneous long range heavy artillery strikes damn. Not sure how our heroes will get out of this.
Mar 10, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
I have a feeling Hange is going to pop out of nowhere and pull off some crazy tactic to help them out of this hopeless situation.
Mar 10, 2016 7:58 PM

May 2008
Zetsuboushita! The feeling of despair the SC is feeling right now must be insurmountable. Can't wait for next month :S
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Chapter 140 & 141 coming?

KMohZaid - Aug 30, 2021

3 by TheFlyingOrange »»
Sep 13, 4:19 PM

» Do you think that Attack on Titan might have a similar ending like Code Geass? (Zero requiem) (spoilers for both series)

ryth1 - Mar 29, 2020

29 by ryth1 »»
Sep 13, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2013

191 by victoria00000000 »»
Sep 11, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 43 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2013

66 by victoria00000000 »»
Sep 8, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 41 Discussion

NamelessNoogai - Jan 11, 2013

48 by victoria00000000 »»
Sep 7, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.