Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2016 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It took time for the main guy to wake up because that boy was talking to him in another space about giving up because painful or not. They defeated the enemy, and all memory back, so the boy had to leave. That's also end of mission. Sushi party.

It seems like the real bad guy tricked them in order to release the boss. The robo girl was controlled. she shows weavering because of her time spent with the group. Father and that bad guy died from gun shots.

That new guy is also voiced by Ishida-san?! He eventually transferred, too. He's such a popular guy!! A little misunderstanding and the main guy has to get a part-time job. The new guy wants to be friend with the main guy and the robo girl is against so somehow. Involving kind of too much, maybe?! But the help out club do help out a lot in daily life and friendship.

A persona in the weak girl's body... Curing power.

Trip for 2nd and 3rd years, and a chance for talking over the awkward moments these times. So there's a real clip to the lab father's message and was sacrificed for the truth. Not only him, but Midorikawa-san's character also understands the main guy. Falling accident and for the first time in a while he laughed. Onsen fanservice.

The enemy retrieved the girl again. Afraid of losing... she died from using up her power to save him, who was shot from the enemy. The main guy still fighting over the phrase the boy said in the beginning of the movie before the departure. She was drawing a portrait of Toriumi-san's character before leaving.

The robo girl regaining the memory, and the new character is "awaken" (so he was able to walk at shadow time), and slowly regaining memory, too. 13th Shadow, death, that she sealed. She lost this time, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 23, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this movie even tho it felt rushed, but that's what you get when you try to adapt an JRPG into a movie series.

I'm actually surprised they went off and killed Chidori, i thought they would go with the option to keep her alive.... i think you could save her, but i've played the game many years ago, so please correct me if i'm wrong. Eitherway i enjoyed the way it was executed.

Soundtrack felt a bit weaker to me than the previous movies. Animation/art always superb.

All in all, it was worth the money importing it.
Jan 24, 2016 10:58 AM
Jan 2012
Telmix said:
I'm actually surprised they went off and killed Chidori, i thought they would go with the option to keep her alive.... i think you could save her, but i've played the game many years ago, so please correct me if i'm wrong. Eitherway i enjoyed the way it was executed.

Well, option to save her occurred in P3Fes and P3P with specific answer, so if they followed the main storyline in original game, Chidori is dead, and I think it'll be more impact for Junpei.

I still not watch it though.
Jan 24, 2016 10:50 PM

Apr 2015
Even though I played the game already but this movie hits me right in the feels...
Jan 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Oct 2013
Telmix said:
I'm actually surprised they went off and killed Chidori, i thought they would go with the option to keep her alive.... i think you could save her, but i've played the game many years ago, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

They still have the chance to revive Chidori. It was in the last months that Mitsuru mentions Makoto that she is somehow alive and Junpei overhears it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know what they were thinking putting all the resolves of the characters and not evolving their personas.

That glorious ED theme.
That subtle Eye at the end of credits.

THE ROOFTOP.
My body is not ready for this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjLCTDezbTM
EdengardeJan 30, 2016 12:26 PM
I write a Light Novel (Spanish) You can read it here(Blogger)
I also code RPG games in C and Java as a hobby
Jan 25, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
BEST BOII GOT INTRODUCED

Despite suffering from some major pacing issues I still think it's my favorite P3 movie so far because HOLY SHIT THEM FEELS

A very strong 7/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 25, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
Till what date does the movie cover?
Jan 25, 2016 7:13 PM

Sep 2014
Having dislike the last two Persona 3 movies I was surprise this one was actually competent. The first twenty minutes rushes through a lot of material. The opening action sequence has no context whatsoever so once again you need external of knowledge to know what's going on. A major flaw for anyone who hasn't played the video games of course. There's a twist that falls flat because of the bad buildup from the two previous film which comes across as convoluted in this film. Then, there's the ending which also felt tacked on to simply have a cliffhanger ending. The last two movies had more or less conclusive ending where if you stopped watching it felt like the story within those films wrapped up. In this one, not so much by revealing a major plot point, then cutting to the closing credits. There's also a bit of aimlessness from the cast in the film as they hardly bring up the Dark Hour, or bother searching for alternative solution to eliminate the Dark Hour.

As a whole, the writing was better focusing more on the characters which was a welcome. For the most part, it felt like a smoother experience as most of the film had good pacing. Junpei had good characterization in this one being given a conflict, and learning from it naturally. Unlike in the first film where Junpei has a change of heart out of nowhere towards Makoto being the leader. In this entry, every step towards his change is shown. Another thing Junpei subplot benefited was Makoto characterization, and his major conflict of becoming open. By seeing what Junpei goes through with Chidori it shows his bonds he established with this group is a positive thing. The tone felt balance as it never felt leaning towards being too serious, or too light hearted. The last film had Operation Bade Hunt, and the death of a particular character that don't mesh together because of the drastic 180 of both moments. Another minor, but good detail was the during the only two action scenes in the film neither Makoto, or Aigis felt overpowered in those two fights. While short on the action, it actually came across in those two instance this ordeal is a group effort not just a showcase to show how powerful Makoto, and Aigis are.

The main cast of heroes were better developed, and almost all have a moment of growth to show within the film. Akihiko for instance felt well used in the film even if his contribution wasn't major. What made him effective in the film was using his personal experience, and attempting to make Makoto think differently on forming bonds. Now, sadly because of the run time Strega wasn't developed much. Even Chidori who had more screen time in this film had most of her development off screen, or in flashbacks. So there wasn't a sense of danger at any point in the film. The production values are still good like the previous films. There's slightly more CGI that doesn't mesh with the 2D art, but aside from that it's still looks good. Same thing goes with the soundtrack.

All in all, it was a solid movie, though would have preferred if it was an anime instead. As of now, it's currently the best in the Persona 3 film franchise. Here's my rating for them.

Persona 3 The Movie: #1 Spring of Birth - 5/10
Persona 3 The Movie: #2 Midsummer Knight's Dream - 4/10
Persona 3 The Movie: #3 Falling Down - 6/10
Jan 26, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
a_____ said:

Can i ask something? Why you hate so much? İts rushed okay but thats is must be.You know game is 60 hours long.İ hate haters.İ think like yours give one punch man animes 9-10 score but seinen deep persona 3 series 5 score? .....

I'm stopped 44 minutes in with intent to continue it later but, it is not okay that they have already rushed what I have watched so far. For anime only watchers, they would have not understood a single thing that is taken place. Why was Junpei tied up? Why does he like Chidori? Why does Fuuka care about Natsuki leaving? There is so much more and it doesn't make sense to anyone who didn't play the game.

Now if you did play the game, it's still a problem. They rushed the crucifixion scene which made the death of Mitsuru's father feel so undramatic in my opinion. Ikutsuki's betrayal and suicide didn't hit very hard either.

So, instead of talking about his rating on One Punch Man, let's talk about the fact that this game was not 60 hours long. I could be wrong though, it may have taken you just 60 hours but it took me a whole 105 to complete. Shinji's death is what happened at 60 hours in for me.

Now, so far about the film, I kinda don't like the pacing. They're missing a lot of important details (like Takaya and Jin's fake suicide) and instead they're cutting to point after point after point. It feels very weird to me. I honestly prefer the first and second movies, in which everything didn't feel incredibly rushed and we spent more than just a whole 5 minutes on one scene. I guess I'll edit this later when I finish the movie in hopes that it gets better in the second half of the film.
Jan 26, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2014
a____ said:
Can i ask something? Why you hate so much? İts rushed okay but thats is must be.You know game is 60 hours long.İ hate haters.İ think like yours give one punch man animes 9-10 score but seinen deep persona 3 series 5 score? .....

Um, you do know you can click on my forum avatar, and see my actual rating for One Punch Man is a 5. Did you simply just assumed I gave One Punch Man a 9 or 10? If so, that's some incredible laziness. It doesn't even take a minute to click on a forum avatar, and click on anime list on your profile. By the look of it, you gave One Punch Man the same rating of a 5. I have not changed the rating for One Punch Man since I logged it into my profile yesterday. So what does it mean? Nothing in this case.

You counter argue nothing I brought up in my comment. Nothing about the rush first 20 minutes, nothing regarding why the members of Strega were underdeveloped, and nothing counter arguing why the cast didn't spend virtually any time on looking for an alternative solution to eliminate the Dark Hour. If I didn't play the video games I would have simply thought the heroes just don't care. Going against the previous films where the heroes were actively looking for a solution to get rid of the Dark Hours.

It's must be rush? No it does not need to be rush. The films could fix so many issues if they were half an hour longer. It would still be rushed, but not as much compared to making the films an hour, and half with so much material crammed together, or simply over looked. If this third film in particular was an half an hour longer then it could have established the context for the opening action sequence which unless you play the game you won't know what's going on.

Also, l wrote reviews for the first two Persona 3 movies which you could read if you want to know exactly why I gave them the rating I did. Persona 3 is one of my favorite video games of all times so of course I would want the films to be of good quality, and not take everything at face value just because its a movie based on something I like allot. What is further bothersome is anyone who experiences the world of Persona 3 for the first time through these films won't see what made it special for those who played the video game.

Dazardz said:
a_____ said:

I'm stopped 44 minutes in with intent to continue it later but, it is not okay that they have already rushed what I have watched so far. For anime only watchers, they would have not understood a single thing that is taken place. Why was Junpei tied up? Why does he like Chidori? Why does Fuuka care about Natsuki leaving? There is so much more and it doesn't make sense to anyone who didn't play the game.

Now if you did play the game, it's still a problem. They rushed the crucifixion scene which made the death of Mitsuru's father feel so undramatic in my opinion. Ikutsuki's betrayal and suicide didn't hit very hard either.

So, instead of talking about his rating on One Punch Man, let's talk about the fact that this game was not 60 hours long. I could be wrong though, it may have taken you just 60 hours but it took me a whole 105 to complete. Shinji's death is what happened at 60 hours in for me.

Now, so far about the film, I kinda don't like the pacing. They're missing a lot of important details (like Takaya and Jin's fake suicide) and instead they're cutting to point after point after point. It feels very weird to me. I honestly prefer the first and second movies, in which everything didn't feel incredibly rushed and we spent more than just a whole 5 minutes on one scene. I guess I'll edit this later when I finish the movie in hopes that it gets better in the second half of the film.

Thank you good sir Dazardz. Though we disagree (judging only by ratings) on the actual quality of the Persona 3 films you understand critiquing ain't the same as hating something as user a___ assumes. You bring valid points about the film that I too also had issues with. Especially the first twenty regarding the twist, Mitsuru father, and no context for the opening action sequence. Ikutuski is a prime example of what's wrong the film series. He's barely used in the first two movies, so anyone who has not played the video game would see it as a convoluted mess of writing. As for me, the game told 85 hours to beat. I love it, though unfortunately the films don't capture all that well what I love about the game.
Jan 27, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2007
oh gawd my feels....
Feel like playing the whole game all over again now cuz now gotta wait for the 4th movie again x______X

love how they did the hot spring scene loooool
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 28, 2016 2:47 AM
May 2015
The pacing is fast and skips a lot but can it be said that it may be a good thing for those whom haven't played the game and want to. It allows them to have a chance to experience the full story along with different choices available. I love how they still manage to bring out the emotion of loss and how each of the characters attempt to deal with it though there's little scene of my little kiddie in there- which i do think is a mistake but hey, everything can't be perfect.

Regarding the best boy whom finally appeared and the ending, i feel like it should've ended right at the moment the dark hour started as he was walking in it whilst the protag awakens from his dream. I feel like that would've brought more suspense and impact to the moment.

Bathing scene killed me though, I knew they would be successful in making that scene the best. Second best part in the film imo next to chidori's whole fight and death.

I don't like rating movies and shows, but overall it was nice and certainly something worthwhile watching.
Jan 28, 2016 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
Will they include the FES in the final movie?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
I thought the movie was okay. My favorite is 2 followed by this then 1. While the first movie was better I just didn't enjoy it as much as this movie.

Personally, I hate when the males get beat up for something that isn't their fault. So I hated the scene in the movie (I almost dropped P4 because of this). Worst part of the movie is hands down the beginning. Not the shadow fight. But Ikutsuki. That's more of a problem with past director's though. It wasn't the same one each time so Ikutsuki's development couldn't necessarily be controlled.

Jan 28, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
DenjaX said:
FES isn't a story it's a game. So it's already been included. The answer won't be in Winter of Rebirth. That's all anyone knows for sure.

Jan 28, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
bestpsychosean said:
DenjaX said:
FES isn't a story it's a game. So it's already been included. The answer won't be in Winter of Rebirth. That's all anyone knows for sure.
You know what I mean. lol It's been a long time since I last played the game. Your answer was a bit too vague for me so I'll take that as a "no"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 28, 2016 10:17 PM

Aug 2007
My body is ready for the feels of the final movie. While the production values are spectacular, it's really quite a shame this isn't a 2cour series. Mind you we're getting 17-18 episodes worth of content between the four movies and it's still rushed as all hell. Though at the very least the pacing is pretty consistent and the movies so far have ended on point. Now it would be interesting to see how they'll approach the final arcana as the method in the game can't really function in the movie. Well more like the very lack of social link development make it all but implausible to do. Minato did spend the near majority of this movie avoiding bonds after all...

Either way the payoff has to be worth it or else the entire movie franchise is a wash. And as always Aigis is best girl!
Jan 29, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2012
Can someone give a summary to what happened in movie 1 and 2 before I watch this ?!

I forgot a lot of stuff that happened in the older movie, because I watched it long time ago. I don't have time to watch them again.
Jan 29, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2012
Pacing issues aside I just want to say, man I just love the art direction of P3 so much and the movies made it even better. Everything was so pretty. Especially during the Dark Hour. *___*
Falling down also helped make me appreciate Ryouji a lot more, don't remember liking his character all that much when I played P3.

Overall it was better than the previous two movies, can't wait to see the fourth one. Now I've a sudden urge to play P3 again lol.
Jan 29, 2016 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
Chidori x Junpei

Well that got rough in the second half of the movie. Too bad this was like a ill-fated love with the two star crossed characters. Good action and music though. I wasn't sold much on the plot for the majority of the film as it's still standard Persona stuff. Glad to see Aigis' getting a decent amount of screentime in this though in particular her role at the end.

Solid music choreography. The ending also definitely set up for the final movie.

Quote of the movie:
"What I fear most isn't death; what I fear most is...attachment. Once I become attached to something, I fear that I will lose it. That's why we only live for the moment..."
Jan 30, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2009
Decent. Makes me miss the games.
Jan 31, 2016 9:45 PM

May 2014
Putangina bitin!
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Feb 3, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
The third movie reminds me why I liked so much that part of the game. It's not a bad movie, just rushed in a few points. The first two movies impressed me more.
Feb 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
The movie did it's best with the limited time it received

Followed movie 2 structure when it began with a fight right away which I already expected.

I think that people feeling disconnected with the 3rd movie should go and watch the other movies again because I disagree with Ikutsuki's betrayal not being set up and people feeling lost in the beginning of the movie considering they estabilished full moon shadows in the first two movies

If there is something that I felt that it was messy was the use of CG in some scenes

Last movie is going to be a one way ticket to the feels train ;-;
Feb 8, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
10/10

Nearly perfect movie

Love Makoto and Ryoji's friendship.
Feb 8, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2014
MightyM16 said:

I think that people feeling disconnected with the 3rd movie should go and watch the other movies again because I disagree with Ikutsuki's betrayal not being set up and people feeling lost in the beginning of the movie considering they estabilished full moon shadows in the first two movies

I was going to let this go since you simply disagreed, but then see the second Persona 3 (the worst Persona 3 film) on your favorite list so...Imma break it down for you. When in the two previous did it ever foreshadow that twist? I played the game so I saw it coming, but if I didn't play the game it would come across as a convoluted twist. In the first movie, Ikutsuki is only in expositioned scenes where he discusses if Makoto has the potential to be a Persona user, and within the same scene he tells Yukari to watch Makoto. Later in the movie, he's monitoring Makoto while he's sleeping when the Shadows attack their dorms. Then, the final time he appears in the first movie is when he explaining everything the group knows about Shdaows, and Persona to Makoto. Where in the first movie is their foreshadowing? The rest of the movie deals with other stuff without Ikutsuki presence.

So lets move on to the second movie which takes it sweet time before any resemblance of story actually appears. It's also for some insane reason the most popular film in the franchise, even though as of now it's currently the worst in the series. The first time Ikutsuki appears in the 2nd movie is to welcome back the heroes at Mitsuru home. Then next he is explaining to the audience that 12 Shadow are in correlation to the Tartot cards deducing they must eliminate 12 Shadows to get rid off the Shadows. What this gets across is the first film messed up n establishing this plot point, and they also came to the conclusion how all the Shadows appear in the full. It also leads into the Gekkokaun High revelation scene where the incident is explained. Also, Ikutsuki shows concerns in this scene which is good foreshadowing he'll betray the main cast. He even goes to the beach to check up on Makoto, and Yukari after a Shadow attack which you know their other friends are shown doing too. After that scene, he explains Aegis, and talks about Ken. The last time he appears in the movie is to say "Three to go, eh?" and that's it. That sentence is the closest the film gets to foreshadowing his betrayal, and that's pretty flimsy if you ask me.

Then in the third movie the time he appears is laughing while crossing out Tarot cards. Given what the last two films established it be interpreted as him being happy the Dark Hour is gone. After that comes the betrayal so nope. There wasn't any foreshadowing. If you were going to make such a bold claim you probably should have provided some examples since I reviewed the previous two movies, and saw them both twice. On both viewing, I came to same conclusion both films suck, but the first one is average in quality while the 2nd film is just plain bad.
Feb 9, 2016 3:20 PM
Nov 2013
Dazardz said:

As someone who hasn't played P3, I can confirm this. Even though I could still follow sometimes(Probably because I played the shit out of Persona Q), I was just left with so many questions. You named a few there. I'm really curious how Junpei got in that situation.

And the new guy? Death - I didn't buy it. Everything from the beginning. Him jumping down from a roof, him wanting to be friends with MC, trying his darnest best to do so without any ulterior motive(He forgot his past, doesn't know Makoto is a Persona user). It felt fake. He felt fake. Everything around him felt fake. And therefore, I was actually happy - and kinda expecting - he was a baddie. Even though I see the next moment coming: Makoto unable to choose between Death and Aegis, ending up learning to cope with loss etc.

Doesn't mean the movie is bad though. I still enjoyed it - mostly because I really am into the characters. But compared to the previous two movies, I find this one severely lacking. Problems with pacing, character development that just feels off, lack of information and sometimes an overload of information at the same time(Giving us important things through a FLASHBACK? Really??). While the previous two were a tad too focused on action instead, they were more enjoyable and easier comprehensible for someone who hasn't played the games.
Feb 9, 2016 11:32 PM

Nov 2013
The first 20 minutes are pretty awkward, I'm quite sure even though you haven't played the game it will still feel pretty rushed. The romance is okay, but the way Chidori breakdown to Junpei is too quick, though I understand you can't expect longer. That aside I found the story was solid. I found the many social link probably what makes me enjoying the movie the most.

FishermansFriend said:

And the new guy? Death - I didn't buy it. Everything from the beginning. Him jumping down from a roof, him wanting to be friends with MC, trying his darnest best to do so without any ulterior motive(He forgot his past, doesn't know Makoto is a Persona user). It felt fake. He felt fake. Everything around him felt fake. And therefore, I was actually happy - and kinda expecting - he was a baddie. Even though I see the next moment coming: Makoto unable to choose between Death and Aegis, ending up learning to cope with loss etc.

His identity will be revealed more in the next movies (which I hope also show us the alternate ending). Though his presence is actually has been foreshadowed in the first movie.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Mar 2015
Anime_Breakdown said:
MightyM16 said:

I was going to let this go since you simply disagreed, but then see the second Persona 3 (the worst Persona 3 film) on your favorite list so...Imma break it down for you. When in the two previous did it ever foreshadow that twist? I played the game so I saw it coming, but if I didn't play the game it would come across as a convoluted twist. In the first movie, Ikutsuki is only in expositioned scenes where he discusses if Makoto has the potential to be a Persona user, and within the same scene he tells Yukari to watch Makoto. Later in the movie, he's monitoring Makoto while he's sleeping when the Shadows attack their dorms. Then, the final time he appears in the first movie is when he explaining everything the group knows about Shdaows, and Persona to Makoto. Where in the first movie is their foreshadowing? The rest of the movie deals with other stuff without Ikutsuki presence.

So lets move on to the second movie which takes it sweet time before any resemblance of story actually appears. It's also for some insane reason the most popular film in the franchise, even though as of now it's currently the worst in the series. The first time Ikutsuki appears in the 2nd movie is to welcome back the heroes at Mitsuru home. Then next he is explaining to the audience that 12 Shadow are in correlation to the Tartot cards deducing they must eliminate 12 Shadows to get rid off the Shadows. What this gets across is the first film messed up n establishing this plot point, and they also came to the conclusion how all the Shadows appear in the full. It also leads into the Gekkokaun High revelation scene where the incident is explained. Also, Ikutsuki shows concerns in this scene which is good foreshadowing he'll betray the main cast. He even goes to the beach to check up on Makoto, and Yukari after a Shadow attack which you know their other friends are shown doing too. After that scene, he explains Aegis, and talks about Ken. The last time he appears in the movie is to say "Three to go, eh?" and that's it. That sentence is the closest the film gets to foreshadowing his betrayal, and that's pretty flimsy if you ask me.

Then in the third movie the time he appears is laughing while crossing out Tarot cards. Given what the last two films established it be interpreted as him being happy the Dark Hour is gone. After that comes the betrayal so nope. There wasn't any foreshadowing. If you were going to make such a bold claim you probably should have provided some examples since I reviewed the previous two movies, and saw them both twice. On both viewing, I came to same conclusion both films suck, but the first one is average in quality while the 2nd film is just plain bad.

In the first place, the movie simply can't work as a substitute for the game

It acts as a fanservice for the already experienced P3 players and as series that tries to create interest in P3 on those who didn't played the game yet

I don't think they needed to foreshadow Ikutsuki's intention more than they did, while I was playing the game for the first time I was clueless as well and his betrayal came as a shock for me, if you noticed his true intentions in the first playthrough then good for you I guess, but me and many others didn't expect that kind of betrayal from him

I think the movie did a good job to set up for that without being utterly obvious

Now since I already addressed Ikutsuki's situation let me defend Midsummer's knight dream:

I believe the second movie was that great for one reason alone, the relationship and breakdown between Ken and Shinjiro had a great set up and build up to the point where it was actually improved from how it was in the game ( Ken even became less annoying thanks to it), I also thought the scene of Shinjiro's death was nailed pretty hard and that alone put that movie above the first one for me

Aigis characteristics as a robot were also nailed pretty well and will serve as a good foil for her develpment in the last movie but thats just a plus

Now, I didn't change my favorites but I don't think the 2nd movie is the best one of the series anymore, that title belongs to the 3rd one now
Feb 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Finally watched the movie. Well after the 1-year pause between movies it's quite hard to remember what is going on. Didn't play any of the persona games so for me it's obviously strange how they just added characters and the relationships between them. And the fights are ... boring what can i say. The comedy bath part seems like just for the time killing. For me this one is the worst out of 3. Well with how it goes just will wait for the last one.
Feb 11, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2015
allenjke said:
Finally watched the movie. Well after the 1-year pause between movies it's quite hard to remember what is going on. Didn't play any of the persona games so for me it's obviously strange how they just added characters and the relationships between them. And the fights are ... boring what can i say. The comedy bath part seems like just for the time killing. For me this one is the worst out of 3. Well with how it goes just will wait for the last one.

If you didn't remember much about the past movies, you should have at least rewatched them instead of going straight to this one since this one is a sequel to the others

At least in the movie, the bath scene was important to highlight the change in the MC, I'm sure you might have noticed even without remembering the past movies
Feb 12, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2012
MightyM16 said:
allenjke said:

If you didn't remember much about the past movies, you should have at least rewatched them instead of going straight to this one since this one is a sequel to the others

At least in the movie, the bath scene was important to highlight the change in the MC, I'm sure you might have noticed even without remembering the past movies

Don't think rewatching would have changed anything. The story in this one feels like some random segments placed one after another and because of that it was so bad. About bath scene, yeah it changed MC, but what i meant i think it was too prolonged with the unnecessary stuff (it could have been some story parts for example =/)
Feb 14, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2010
Holy rushing batman. The first 10 minutes are like 3~4 hours in the game. I have no issue rushing some scenes but... the crucifixion scene? Really?

Also the last scene on the Moonlight Bridge was so very short compared to the animated cutscene in the game which was short to begin with.
Where's that short badass fight with Paladion being blocked by Ryouji? Where's Aigis overheating and collapsing? Why did this scene in particular had to be shortened?

The movie dealt with Yuki's dilemma splendidly and i applaud them for that, but goddamn did they rush a lot of pretty great build up for Junpei and Chidori relationship, the crucifixion scene and the last confrontation with Aigis.

My ratings so far:
1st movie 9/10
2nd movie 10/10
3rd movie 8/10
Mar 14, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Just gonna post here my main gripe with this movie, and that is the moment where Junpei's persona evolved after witnessing Chidori's death. I'm sure a more emotional song could've been used instead of the action-y kinda music.

8/10, some new sequences, overall liked it. It's been a while so idk if any huge detail was omitted.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 18, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2009
Found the movie pretty good overall and the choices of ost were fucking hilarious at the parts they played them.. master of shadow at the bath scene and baby baby baby with aigis showing up at the window were great.

That epilogue if I'm not mistaken

Aigis is gonna break my heart next movie
Mar 31, 2016 12:28 AM

Feb 2013
Awesome!!! They are doing such a great job with this.

9/10
Apr 2, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2014
Felt a bit rushed and i feel newcomers would feel lost on a few things, but still very good for fans. 8/10

Add me on PSN: edgehead22
XBL: iamDTS
3DS: 4270-2870-9578
Apr 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
Must be weird voicing three characters and have them talking to each other.

Pretty good movie overall, I like how they make Yuki and Ryoji bonding while working to make money.

Apr 7, 2016 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
Losing Chidori Senpai made me truly sad.

I enjoyed the movie though. 7/10.
Apr 16, 2016 12:01 PM
Aug 2014
Myrmidons said:
Found the movie pretty good overall and the choices of ost were fucking hilarious at the parts they played them.. master of shadow at the bath scene and baby baby baby with aigis showing up at the window were great.

The song played at the bath scene was Master of Tartarus, the tower boss theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuA7V6P7he0

Also played in the climatic fight against Emperor/Empress in the first movie.

On topic, I agree with most: this one felt rushed, especially the beginning.
Unlike the first 2, not as action-packed, but that is to be expected since the November/December/January period were easily the least action-packed(and thus most tedious) part of the game itself.

However, it made way for more characterization/development with Ryoji and also added some extra characterization for the MC for him to come to the conclusion at the end of the game; served as a nice build-up from the previous movie.

I did feel like they overexaggerate Strega's power though: they were the easiest boss battle in the entire game.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I didnt think Junpei was the first to evolve his Persona in the game, right? IIRC Akihiko atleast should've gotten Caesar by now.....in fact, I think Junpei was the last to evolve his.
Apr 16, 2016 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
Makoto and Mitsuru had like 2 seconds alone and then Yukari butted her dumbass in..

God dammit giimme my ship!

Anyways the Makoto Ryuji bromance is too strong and cringy euughhh

But the part when Junpei's persona transforms was friggen epic.
Easily best part of the movie.

Dat picture Chidori drew though.. It was great seeing it since we didnt in the game.

Some parts felt rushed but I guess it was okay.
6/10
They really teased Makoto and Mitsuru thats just not cool.
May 29, 2016 9:04 AM

Apr 2011
Last night, I thought I watched the worst movie I'd ever seen in Loups=Garous. I'm saddened to even say this about a Persona movie, but this one easily outdid that. Nothing but a load of shit. Rushed to hell and back and back to hell again, I'll repeat what I said about the second movie: it's as if A-1 does not give a shit about making any coherence and just wants to get this over with.
Jun 18, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
Awful priorities. The movie started really badly and it felt like there was whole movie missing there. It's sad when you get a wreck like this when people behind the movie don't seem to get that when you adapt something like Persona 3 you have to cut shit out completely.

Because Junpei and Chidori didn't really have scenes before this movie the whole romance felt forced and flat. Either they should have cut the school trip completely to make more proper scenes between Ryuji and Chidori or just cut the whole Chidori aspect completely.

It's for the better to just cut something completely out than fucking half ass it.
Jun 27, 2016 3:46 AM
Feb 2016
hello all I search a link for watch this movie with French subtitles ( vostfr ) but I haven't find anything D: do you now anything about French sub for this movie ? :/

thanks for help :)
Oct 21, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2015
I never trusted that Ryoiji, he did see to be too attached to Makoto too much and Aegis suspected him a lot. His real name is Death, I guess he does not seem to remember anything . As for Chidori dying, it was inevitable and kinda predictable for characters like that. 7/10 it did not brought that much especially when they never fought shadows.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2017 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Surprisingly, I preferred the two first movies.
This one felt to rushed and the deaths were too predictable. I usually get emotional quickly, but here I felt almost nothing for the characters' deaths.
Even the romance seemed forced :/.

It's too bad because I loved the other movies.
Falling Down was ok, the art and the songs are still good, but the story was way too rushed.
Mar 24, 2018 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm I don't remember a lot of this from the game..

Regardless, a 9/10 from me!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 26, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
*Hot Springs Scene*

"Junpei, look! A leaf!"

rofl I fucking died.

Oct 23, 2018 2:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"Falling Down"? Yes, it was falling down!!! The film was weak and boring! Yes, entered in the characters feelings but the portray was horrible!!! ...and the love story was ridiculous!!!

Well, 5/10 for the third film and I suppose that the next film it will be better with more action.....
Dec 26, 2018 9:10 PM

Jun 2012
That was really cheesy, and the relationships that were pulled out of thin air killed any emotion during the death scenes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Main website is on countdown for new information

Axlz - Jun 17, 2015

1 by Axlz »»
Jul 1, 2015 10:45 AM

» Key Visual/Preview & Info (Update 3/5)

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

22 by -Karoshi- »»
Jun 30, 2015 4:42 AM

» When can i expect BD Release?

ExTemplar - Apr 28, 2015

1 by bestpsychosean »»
May 4, 2015 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.